Old 11-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #91  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Didn't want to let me log in today. Always something here.

Yesterday we went to Chef's class. He told us him and his wife went to the Humane Society's gourmet dinner last week hoping to sit with me and DH and we weren't there. DH didn't like the food they had. It was nice that someone would like our company . Last night was "wild game" night for the class. We had ground moose meatloaf, roast moose, walleye (fish) wontons and duck spring rolls. So I walked out not a fan of the game stuff but DH did like the roast moose. He'll be waiting a LONG time for me to cook that up. However I did get a good idea with the fried wontons and spring rolls - you can put anything into them. Spring rolls are good for a light, summer fare. He said they are favorites for appetizers in his catering company.

DH went to go help a friend get his tractor serviced. He did not leave me the name of the contact for the new furnace or I would have put the squeeze on them. Last night I kept the heat higher than usual but it was still 62 in the front of the house this morning. I am going to burn through propane using the fireplace to heat the house but DH said ok, do what you have to. The furnace seems to keep the house at a steady 62 degrees and no higher. I still think it's stupid to have to wait until December and we don't even know WHEN in December they are talking about installation. I just hope it doesn't kick out entirely. We do have the fireplace to heat the front and second floor and have electric baseboard heat in the basement rooms but that would be very expensive if we had to rely on that.

Yes, we have spent enough money to build a new house BUT you have to remember how hard it is to get contractors AND GOOD contractors up this way. One guy said when he was having his house built it was hunting season and they just vented his furnace out the window and left the unit in the middle of the kitchen for 2 weeks Several people have commented about problems getting their house built. There was a brief moment when we discussed razing our house and rebuilding it as a single story, more spread out home but honestly, that's just too cost prohibitive and we didn't want to do a pre-fab home.

I did opt to skip the Finance Committee meeting today. Yesterday I had to walk a LONG way through the high school campus to get to the home ec room for class. My leg and foot were bothering me today so I decided to just take it easier not that I wanted to. Not sure about doing bingo tonight - I can sit all evening so it won't be that bad.

Laura - hopefully the rain washed some of the leaf mold out of the air and into the ground. Will BF be picking you up now that biking season is over? Or will you use the other car and have to pay for parking now? I do agree with you about appliances and cars being far more complicated than they need to but today's society wants bells and whistles and easy things. I am always skeptical of too much going wrong. And I also think they employ planned obsolescence - things will break down quickly so they can sell more of them. Now that the Apple Haus is closed, no reason really to go up to Long Grove - it's cute in the summer but a trendy, kind of pricy place. And the candy in the sweet shop as I remember looks way better than it tastes... When we moved into our house in TN they had the house repainted and left all of the leftover paint as well as anything else they had laying around filling an extra storage room in the garage for us to deal with. We were able to spill it out on newspaper and let it dry and then we could dispose of it in the trash. Any more news about them moving your office location? Bummer that you are not in the mood for the games this year. I guess it could get old after a while. Are you taking a long weekend for yourself?

Ceejay - I'm so sorry your sister got into another accident! I would be sooooo mad if someone hit me when they were distracted and yakking on the phone. Especially a head on collision which can mess up you as well as your car. Maybe like our 4Runner we traded in, it was just full of bad luck. I hope she will be ok. Sounds like fun getting the rooms rearranged. Nice of the nephew to help you.

Annie - I know what you mean about feeling like you got a raise when you are able to pay off some bills. I hope nothing moves in to take it's place Happy Birthday to Sam. She still has alot of youth and vigor in her. Good for her for doing that marathon. Good luck to her. I'm sorry that your therapist is moving on. Will you follow her? I imagine like a doctor it takes a while to find someone you really like and when you do, you want to stick with them. The boys look really cute in their costumes. Did they get a good haul for the night? Yes, I got the idea of the goodie box for Momma 2 years ago for Christmas and just sent her a random bunch of stuff. She changes her mind all the time about what she likes and doesn't. She was telling me once that she LOVED the Grumpy Cat stuff I kept sending her - it made her smile alot and then she said to my sister "you know I wish your sister would STOP sending me that Grumpy cat sh*t" - I don't know what to do with it. I know for sure she will like the books and candy. YOU ARE SO LUCKY that you don't like sweets. I am not a sweet-a-holic like Momma but I like it enough to wish I didn't like it so much

Shad - I found a great site online that shows pictures with a left handed person doing crochet so I can see exactly how to hold the yarn and needles. I will give it one more try before I give the stuff away. Sounds like your house is going to look quite nice once finished. Pictures please.

Hi Susie Love your new FB pic!

Ok time to figure out what to do before it's bingo time. See yahs.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #92  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Giggly Wiggly...

Got overwhelmed with work from the get go....only working half day today. Leave in 20 minutes and need to wrap things up. Busy weekend ahead. Marathon dinner tonight with Samantha. Marathon tomorrow. Then her birthday dinner on Sunday. Yikes. Went last night and picked up her shirt and bib for the race.

HAPPY...I am glad you are taking it easy with your foot when you need to. Hugs my dear friend. I am with you on the food at the class...bleh. Geez I sure hope you get your furnace in before it gets to cold and below zero. Could of foregone the new freezer if so.

LAURA...Oh do surprise me at my front door! That would be wonderful. I will save you a seat at the table.

Hello to all, make it a great weekend! Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #93  
Choose your hard

Hey Worldlies,

The weekend is upon us. GOing to get a batch of heavy wet snow this evening to ruin the weekend, then it's supposed to warm up and rain on Sunday which will wash everything away for a dry week ahead. I'll take it.

Bingo wasn't bad last night but our attendance has dropped to over half. We are barely making any money. I think some people don't come until the pot's about to go which isn't really fair if you think about it to the loyal regulars who come every week to support us. Don't know what we can do about it. I did sit for most of the evening. Wearing the boot helps but staying off my feet as much as possible helps even more. This is going to be a LONG slow healing process.

I need to go to the grocery store. Making a list while DH watches a movie so we can go when it's over with. I found some good looking chicken dishes a while ago so will make up a few menus and I need some fresh vegetables to go along with that.

Other than that just trying to keep this house warm.

Annie - have a fun birthday weekend with Sam. Hope she is able to finish the marathon. Look forward to hearing about it. Haha about the joke about foregoing the freezer. I told DH the night before last that I ordered half a pig from the farm - will be coming in February. He said good thing it's cold outside. I said no silly, I am not overloading the freezer this time so there will be room.

Hope the rest of you ladies are have a good weekend planned ahead. Good for cooking and sitting and reading a good book or something nice and snuggly like a good movie and a soft blanket on the couch. Or if you are ambitious - a brisk walk in the woods! Whatever you do - enjoy it!
Old 11-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Been moving furniture from one room to another today. I'm tired. Nephew is coming this afternoon to help me with the heavy bed. At least it will be different. And I will have these two rooms clean. I need to get back to it here in a few minutes.
Sis and her DH are off on a romantic getaway. Haven't heard from them so they must be enjoying their adventures. They were going down to the mountains in Arkansas.

Annie
Looks like you will be busy again this week end.

Happy
I don't want any snow down here just yet. Try to stay warm. Glad the boot is helping. Kind of like my hip and back. I didn't want to sit on the heating pad all day. That's not a life. I can get up and move around for at least 30 minutes before the muscles tell me it's time to sit.

Hello Laura, Shad and Susie.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-03-2017 at 05:24 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #95  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies, work got crazy, and will be for the next 2 weeks. I will try and pop in a much as I can.

I had another small loss at TOPS.

I need to read the posts from last week. I hope to get to it tomorrow.

I wanted to ask you all for your prayers. I am going to have a spot on my left breast checked out this Friday. A purple/red spot showed up about 3 weeks ago. It has gotten a bit smaller but still there.

After googling it, I know...I shouldnt do that, it has my concerned so I am going to a dermatologist to have it checked out. I am a bit concerned it could be inflamatory breast cancer, which doesnt show in a mammogram....it does seem smaller than 3 weeks ago but still there and I cant quit checking it so it is time to check it out. I believe they will take a biopsy of it if they feel it could be that. If not then they should know what else to do since it is on the skin. I wanted to ask you to pray for me. I am scared.

Please dont mention anything on Facebook. I am keeping it quiet for now to only a select group of friends and my family. You all are considered both.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #96  
Annie - Indiana

Oh SUSIE...you are in my prayers for good news on the spot on your breast. Hopefully it was just some sort of fluke or pinching of some sort. Kudos on the loss at TOPS. Hope work is not to harsh on you and you get to breathe and take care of you. Hugs, Love and Prayers coming your way, my sweet friend.

CEEG...did you get your rooms all moved. What an accomplishment. Glad the nephew could help you out. What a good boy.

HAPPY...We had awful weather yesterday in Indiana. It was north of Indy however. Not sure if a tornado or winds however the mess looked more like a tornado. It is still trying to be determined. It carried over into Ohio also. We just had awful rain and wind. Nothing too terrible. I love new chicken dishes. Sometimes I have to back away from chicken and salads as I eat them so often I am tired of them. The thought of them makes me gag. Glad to hear the boot is helping. Might try the shoe inserts for further relief. Makes a HUGE difference.

LAURA...Hope you are back to 100% and enjoyed you weekend off.

The weekend was crazy busy as will next weekend. Sam did finish her 5K run. Not sure on the time yet. Maybe like 30 minutes or so. She had a wonderful birthday dinner. We also played some Euchre with my bro and SIL.

This Thursday the 9th is my Nuclear Stress Test. Just a preventative. My cardiologist does them at the two year mark of a heart attack which I reached in October. It is like a 4 to 5 hour test. Not keen on being IVd with radioactive dye but it is what it is<----I really dislike that saying too. Also not supposed to be around little kids or animals for the remainder of the day due to the radiation. GREAT my house is full of both! Hopefully all goes well. Prayers accepted and appreciated.

That is all my news, I think, for today.

Hi to SHADDIE and all the lurkers.

Love and hugs.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #97  

Morning all.

Susie – You will be in my thoughts and prayers that this is nothing serious. Don’t let work add to your stress in the coming weeks!

Annie – Sounds like you had a busy weekend (as usual). Good job for S. finishing the 5k. Was there also a marathon going on?? == Why can’t you have a regular stress test on the treadmill? That nuclear one sounds awful. I will pray it'll go well and won't bee too horrible for you.

Ceejay – Did all the moving get done? Nice of the nephew to help out. – Your sis probably needed that getaway after the auto accident…

Happy – I’m not sure I would have cared for the cooking class for wild game either. == I hope you’re keeping warm at home. Could it really be December before you get your new furnace?!?! Sure hope not! Bundle up! Sit in that hot tub, followed by a hot shower and have clothes pre-warmed in the dryer for when you get out! == How’s your foot feeling? My foot still has some pain, but not nearly like it was a few months ago. I’m going to walk between home and the train for the time being. It’s hard to explain, but the pain isn’t always in the same spot. Sometimes it feels more like the pain I get from the bunion (if I don’t wear supportive shoes), and sometimes it feels like the plantar fasciitis wants to flare up, and other times it feels like the stress fracture, but not up by the ankle, but closer to the toes. And it seems like the soreness stops after I’ve walked a bit – dunno what to make of it sometimes. I’m glad the foot is feeling better than it did, but I feel like I should go back to the orthopedic doctor and get another x-ray of it to see if it looks like it healed all the way. == Re our office move – we are definitely moving to Sears/Willis tower, scheduled for next November. Haven’t heard about much in the way of specifics about the office design. Now that our busiest time just ended, our department is starting to focus on our files. We have a lot of file drawers with stuff in them that really dates back to a time (around our last move in 2008) when we didn’t always get things in electronic format. Now hardly anyone uses any of these paper files, so we can get rid of a lot of that stuff and cut our onsite file storage needs way back. Which is information the move committee people want to know.

Hi Shad!

==

My weekend was alright. I took a vacation day on Friday and had a pedicure. Also hit a couple stores for shopping, though it was more like browsing because I didn’t buy anything. I watched the last few episodes of Fargo season 2. I put in a hold request for season 3.

On Saturday I took my mom to the library and then to Aldi. Just tried to go with the flow and it was okay, but sometimes it's like we’re talking two different languages. It doesn’t help that she’s definitely hard of hearing now… I don’t even want to bring up the topic with her re a hearing test/hearing aids. I’ll ask my sister if she’s ever brought that up with her… Other than that, I did some laundry and that was about it. Oh, watched another episode of Stranger Things.

On Sunday morning I went to the bakery for a cider doughnut, but they were out of them, except ones with maple icing. That didn’t appeal at all, so I skipped that and chose a couple other things which weren’t anything special. That bakery is good for their bread, but not for pastries. Lesson learned. After some time spent reading the Sunday paper, I went grocery shopping. I did a pot roast in the slow cooker. I also bought ingredients for some soup and will make that one night this week.

Chilly today, but finally got some sun (after a dreary, rainy/drizzly weekend)I walked to the train this morning and it was okay.

That’s about it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Know I would not have liked the wild game cooking class. The smell alone bothers me. Most of the furniture has been moved. I'm going to move a couple of things that I didn't like. Nephew is a pretty good decorator.

Annie
Sad that the wind/tornado did so much damage. Just glad that you and your family are safe.

Susie
Praying for you. Hope things are not as bad as you think.

--------
Friday afternoon my nephew brought the boys over and he helped me move that big bed. He was surprised at what I had already accomplished. The he got in to the decorating mode. He has a pretty good knack for that. The boy were needy wanting my every minutes of attention. Nephew wanted to spend the night but the boys wanted to go home. I was thankful for that. I was frazzled. Saturday I was exhausted, therefore, I didn't do a lot. Kept telling my nephew, I'm 67 hold up. Sunday was church and I finally got to play for opening. Sis and bile both told me that I did good but I needed to play louder. I think the piano had been turned down cause I had trouble hearing it too. Book club yesterday afternoon and it was a good discussion.
By the way, I've been trying to keep my food 5 hours apart and drinking less coke's. I've lost 9 pounds. ance:
I am planning on going to with a group from church to the Convoy of Hope center to help that cause. I don't like to drive at night so on of the ladies told me she would come and get me.
This is about it for me.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #99  

Hi Ladies,,thanks for all your kind words, thoughts & prayers

I haven't caught up from the week and weekend with posts but I did read today's, so I'll do personals.

Ceejay: Thanks for the compliment on my FB photo. I am so excited for you on losing 9 lbs! that is awesome. Keep doing what you are doing.

Annie: 2 yrs since the heart attack...wow....that went fast. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the test. It will all go well.

Laura: i was in the stores a bit last week and I love this time of the year because of all the new things they have out for the holiday shopping season that will be here soon..everything in the stores looks so warm and cozey and pretty...makes me want to shop!

Happy: Did all your snow get washed away? We had some major rain last night.

Ok..back to work. I'm still in the office. I just wanted to take a little break. I'm working her until 7. DH has a meeting and will be home at 8. I'm getting McAlisters and bringing it home for dinner. We will eat late tonight.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:12 AM   #100  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all.

I hope you remember me I guess time just goes faster than I make allowance for these days.

I've been painting in the hall, laundry and main bedroom. I really hate the prep side of painting. I think I have everything smooth and straight and put on a coat of paint and lo and behold there are some bits and pieces that I hadn't noticed so I have to plaster a bit more, then sand and go back and paint again. Such fun. The bathroom is more or less finished, just needs some decorating bits now. I'll get some photos for you all tomorrow.

I've also been developing a bit more garden out the front and down the side of the house. It's something I've been getting around to for ages. Now I am actually doing it. The area in the front garden is under a tree and is quite shady so I will be putting in some shade lovers like Clivea and Gingers in there. Down the side of the house is quite dry and hot so it has been planted in Lavenders and Geraniums and is doing quite well. I pulled out the last of the corn today and have five big cobs to eat. The beans are just about done and the only thing left are the potatoes and they are doing very well. I'm hoping for a good crop from them this year. Last year wasn't bad but the plants this year are twice as big and healthy looking. I'm still trying to pull out the stumps from the hedge. They just seem to refuse to die. More poison required.

I've also been trying to get information to do my taxes. Seems like I will have to ring my accountant and get him to see if he can get something from the tax office. I've not had any luck with getting group certificates from my ex employers. I think this is the last tax return I will have to do, but I better get that confirmed as well. I don't need the ATO on my back any time soon.

I've got enough hair now to go and get my passport renewed. I'd better get that started if I want to go anyway next year I guess. And today I finally got my hearing aids back. They were playing up and I took them into the shop to get checked while they are under warranty. Seem to be working okay now but I will keep a check on them because I paid enough for them in the first place, no point in having to pay for repairs as well.

Ruger the dog is still coming for doggie day care. He apparently likes coming to grandmas. Mainly because we go out for walks and have a bit of time for games here and there I suspect. Romeo the cat is not terribly happy about it, but he sometimes stands up to Ruger which is good. Other times he heads for under the bed and sleeps the day away.

We have arrived at the storm season already. There was a big thunder storm last night and we had another one today. At least I don't have to water the garden at the moment. Unfortunately the mosquitoes have also arrived. Bloody nuisances.

Susie - I hope there is some good news for you at the doctor on Friday. It seems that when ever something is not quite right we think of nasty things like heart attacks, strokes and cancer. I've got my fingers crossed for you. I took a look at the google sites same as you, but we should never jump to conclusions.

Happy - hope the leg and foot come right for you soon. But at least you must be getting some rest now and off the foot a lot more.

Annie - Good on Samantha for doing the 5k. It's quite an achievement. Hope she carries on with the training.

Laura - You are not moving the office until next November You should be able to sort out the paperwork by then. Hope your foot is okay now.

Ceejay - Well done on the playing in church. And it sounds like you have been busy with moving things around. Always fun to redecorate and move the furniture - except that you find all the dust behind the fridge or the washing machine or bed.

Okay, I have to make Rugers dinners for the week tonight - or at least get the rice cooked and the veges cooked and mashed. No rest for the wicked. Back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #101  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening/Night!!

Quiet evening at home. Roast beef manhattens for dinner. C gave me a wonderful back rub last night. This surprised me that he offered. Of course I said yes, I am no dummy. Dishes and laundry. That is about it. Tonight will be homemade veggie stew. I love when I can recycle leftovers. Roast beef from Sunday for manhattens and the greenbeans and carrots for the start of stew or maybe I might just make veggie soup.

Funny from Sunday. Made apple pie for Samantha's birthday cake at her request. There is about 1/4 of the pie left. I covered it with foil. When we got up on Monday morning she had written on the foil. "Do not eat my f8ck*ng pie without asking Samantha first. Thank you!" We read that about 3 times then busted up laughing. Guess she like it a lot. I wouldn't eat it in the first place and the boys wouldn't eat either as they don't get into stuff without asking anyway.....so we all know that it was directed at Curtis. lolololol He eats EVERYTHING! Sorta p*ss*s Samantha off sometimes. Glad I am not in that drama of food.

Will come back for personals.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #102  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I didn't get into here yesterday. Sometimes the day just knocks me down and runs right past me!

Susie - good thoughts and prayers to you. I hope it's just a bruise and nothing of consequence. Good that you noticed it and are getting it checked - that's the most important thing. Is McAllister's a chain restaurant? I'm thinking the name sounds familiar - a deli type place we had down south - good salads and sandwiches. Enjoy!

Annie - this is the weather for yummy soups and stews. I too find myself looking at stuff saying how can I use this up. Sometimes it works, sometimes not but at least we try. Tell Sam to cool it on the f-bombs unless you want the kids growing up talking like that. I have noticed people are very casual about language now - not a good thing. But it was funny that she locked down her pie I know what you mean about the roving "Hoover Man". I have learned that DH thinks if it's out, it's meant to be eaten so if there is something I want for myself, I put it out of sight. I hope you get a clean bill of health on Thursday. That IS scary that you are not supposed to be near animals or small kids after your test.

Ceejay - congratulations on the weight loss. They do say that cutting back on soda helps alot. Have you substituted water instead? I love changing things up by moving furniture and such - it's just that I find that with doors and windows there's not much you can do with alot of stuff anymore. Great that the nephew came over to help you.

Shad - good to hear from you. So I guess you go from drought to deluge seasonally? I know what you mean about greeting the rain but cringing from the mosquitoes. I feel the same way - we have fire danger from the dry air so I am happy to see rain but not bugs! Glad that your hair is growing in and you can hear the world again. Do you have any plans for travelling to specific places? How is your friend in Japan holding up? Wasn't she having health issues?

Laura - I have noticed and you may have the same thing that there seems to be an area of weakness in the foot and depending on circumstances, one part might hurt more than the other. I have been doing stretches and wearing the inserts which have eased the plantar fasciitis pain to almost nothing. My ankle is still swollen and the tendonitis is still there - guess it's just going to take a LONG time to calm down. I am staying off my feet alot so not wearing the boot unless I am out for long periods. Didn't wear it to class yesterday as I had to drive and it's too awkward to get on and off. Unfortunately that's a long walk to and from the hospital in class. You might be doing the same with your commuter walking. Oh good luck with Mom and the hearing aid. It's a rare person who admits they need one and follows through with it. Don't know why but for those who don't communicating is a nightmare. Then again there is also people like my Mom who can hear but get absentmindedly distracted - I'm not even sure they are aware of it - which makes for lost thoughts also.

Yesterday we had a police officer come in to talk to us about personal safety. Of course talk lead to the shootings going on all over the country. They have a program in place teaching businesses about shooter incidents. I was just invited to attend one at the senior center next week. Pity that is what it's coming down to in our country. People are nuts. Something has to be done, not sure what. Don't feel this administration is taking it seriously either -- I still contend that unless you are a police officer on a SWAT team - there are certain weapons that the average citizen should not be allowed to purchase - gun nuts be And I have guns and a concealed carry license. We are going to evolve back to the wild west with people strapping a pistol to their leg. On a better note, tonight I have a class called Pies, Pies, Pies. We are to bring 4 pie tins and will take home something. I'm not sure what. I think she is going to teach us how to make homemade crusts. The other day I was walking along the deck with my immobilization boot on. I stepped on what I thought was water but it was light ice and my foot went skidding. I was lucky to have caught my balance but I realized that if I had fallen with the boot from toe to knee, I probably would have broken my leg. Oh great, something more to worry about! It's dry now but cold and we are supposed to get some snow Wednesday night. I will just have to get some of those Yak Trax things that go on the boot of a good pair of sturdy walking boots and work from there. Nothing else exciting to say so I think I will do some tidying up and put another load in the washer.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #103  

Morning all. I was running late today so bf gave me a lift to the train station. The sheltered bike rack is all done now. There are solar panels on the roof of it – I bet they power up some lights in there. If I remember, I need to check out the shelter as I get off the train tonight and see if I’m right.

Ceejay – How fun that your nephew helped with decorating as well as furniture moving. Always helpful to get input. == Now that you’ve played for church, will it become a regular thing for you, or will you be an occasional fill-in or switch off with another person? == Big congrats on being 9 pounds down!!! Good job! So does this mean you don’t eat snacks between meals?? I looked up convoy of hope – looks like they do many good things. What will you and your church group be doing for this organization?

Susie – Even though it’s a bit early, I do like seeing the holiday decorations – makes it very inviting and you get ideas for decorating your own space. When is all this work craziness going to let up for you??!!

Shad – Quite the busy bee, aren’t you? == Painting. It’s never the painting itself that’s such a PITA, it’s always the prep and cleanup. We have an old house that’s been painted many times and after a while nothing’s ever good and smooth. Every surface could probably use a good sanding before painting again. I bet our closets have the smoothest walls of the entire house because they’ve probably been painted the least. We’ve painted every room in our house at least once since living there, but never the closets (gasp!). Looking forward to the photos. = It must be satisfying to finally get to things that you never had time for before you retired, like the gardens. Enjoy! = Wow, you might not have to file taxes after this year?? That’s something that would never happen here. If the government could get away with taxing people long after they died, they would. I guess that’s why we have estate/inheritance taxes. Let’s see how many times this money can be taxed!! Okay, gonna stop now before this turns into a full-blown rant. == Passport photo, how exciting!

Annie – Back rub, nice. == Of course the birthday girl should have dibs on her birthday pie! LOL that she stated that in no uncertain terms!!

Happy –Staying warm? Hope this helps: == Re the foot, yes it’s a long time to recover because we can’t stay off our feet completely. And for you…IMO, no shot just makes it an even longer recovery. For me, I’m not going to try and walk quickly like I’d been accustomed to, so I need to give myself more time to get where I need to go. And I definitely need to make sure to always wear good shoes. Unfortunately, that leaves me with the prospect of always spending a lot of $$$ on the better shoes. And I also need to do those stretches!! == Enjoy your pie class!!

Dee – C’mon back and visit with us!
==
Nothing much going on with me.

I phoned yesterday to schedule an annual physical exam, but there’s nothing available through the end of the year. They are covered 100% as part of our wellness plan, so it’s not an insurance issue (i.e., get it all in this year since we’ve already met the deductible). I guess I can wait, though my bloodwork that was done in October won’t be so recent by the time January rolls around. And I guess that’s okay too. I’ll probably get new bloodwork done anyway because I want my hormones checked again since I think I’m starting to go through “the change”. Which I never would have known if I didn’t accidentally forget to order my bcp rx when I needed to back in September. Since I didn’t get them at the right time, I needed to wait through another cycle before I restarted them, but guess what – there’s been no monthly visit since then. So I haven’t gotten back on the pill yet, and I’ve been getting what seems to be hot flashes. (Sorry if that was TMI.) So I will phone again today and schedule the physical and probably go in a few days before the appointment for the blood draw.

Well, ever since I got sick last month, I’ve been going home and plopping myself on the sofa. I’m feeling fine now, so no excuses - I need to get back to exercise again!

Nothing much else to report, except that my mom’s new sofa should be delivered today, so I guess I’ll give her a call after work and see how she likes it.

Everyone have a good day today!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #104  

Hello Everyone,

Early start to my day, I was here at 6:30 a.m. as the VP had a 7 a.m. meeting. She is now done with her meetings here and has gone to other sites in the City. We have 5 Innovation Centers here in the Cincinnati area.

I am staying the afternoon and working in the Executive Suites...nice and quiet and I can get a lot done.

Thank you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It means a lot.

Annie: When DH makes a roast he does the same things you do with using it other ways. We do the same thing with stuffed peppers. We eat them one time like that and then the extra ones we make, we eat them again in two days and make fajitas with them.

So, I'm thinking....you aren't to be around animals or small children, maybe you and C should go away for the weekend and just spend time together.

It is nice he gave you a back-rub....I think he owes them to you for life!

Funny about Sam's birthday pie!

Laura: It sounds like the sheltered bike rake will be very nice. I hear you about getting out of the routine of exercise and it is hard to get back into it.

It happens to me to when I work late and don't do it that night, the next night I want to skip it. When I am feeling that way, I usually make a deal with myself that I will work out for 20 min and if I want to stop after that, I can. I usually never stop, I go onto 30 or 45 min.

So.....just asking......maybe no "visit" because you are pregnant? Stranger things have happened. I work with a lady who was 47 when her oldest went off to college and low and behold.......she had a baby at 48.

Shad: From the Facebook pictures, your garden has been coming along nicely. It is a labor of love when people garden and landscape. Lavenders and Geraniums are some of my favorite plants and bushes.

Happy: I'm excited to hear what the Pie class turns out to be.

Lunch is over..must get back to it. I hope to get here tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #105  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

I wound up cancelling the pie class yesterday. My foot and other knee were really giving me a lot of pain and it's a fair walk around the campus so I decided it wasn't that important. If it was in my town and not the campus an hour away, I might have gone. REALLY tired of this already. Today I have to go to the Senior Center to fill in for a short while and then I have my writing class. I really like the group of ladies in the writing class, wish this class ran longer. They are doing it again in the spring, it only costs me $20 at the senior rate, I could take it again but it would be a different bunch of people so not sure about that.

DH ordered a part arriving today to try and fix the furnace. I guess it's getting chilly up in his computer room - usually that is the warmest room in the house. I hope it works even if just temporarily.

Susie - hope you were able to catch up on things at work yesterday. What a busy work life you have. I know I could not keep up that pace any longer. I smiled at your suggestion on the exercise - I do the same thing. Just getting yourself started is most of the battle

Laura - perimenopause - that period between regular cycles and actual menopause can last up to 10 years. Characterized by lighter / more irregular cycles and the onset sometimes of symptoms due to the hormones starting to diminish. Most of the time things just don't stop right away. It seems like this time of year it's darn impossible to get doctor or dental appointments with many people using up the last of their health care dollars. I always forget about that or the fact that even if I got a dental appointment now, by the time they'd do big work like another crown, the completion would fall into the new year and I'd be on the hook for the next deductible... Did your Mom get her new sofa? What did she think of it?

Annie - that was nice that C gave you a back rub. I hope it's a good sign of things to come So how did the veggie stew come out? What do you use for flavoring? I made chicken parmesan last night. It came out well except I used my cast iron pan and one side of the chicken came out a bit more well done than I wanted but it was still moist. Are you still going to counseling? How did Sam feel the day after the marathon? She looked great. I am jealous - pretty, young AND good feet and knees

Shad - I wondered also if taxes ended once your regular job was over. Here there is no end to taxes - they tax pensions and anything else they can get their hands on. Some things are exempt from the federal / country level but then they nab you at the state level. Everyone wants their pound of flesh

Ceejay - are you all done with the furniture rearranging? Now you have to redecorate and get new curtains and rugs and bedding

Ok chicks, the schedule says it's time to wrap this up, finish the coffee and hop into the shower. Enjoy your day and don't work too hard.