Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #46  

Morning all.

Annie – I loved that fb photo of you and S and the boys at the pumpkin farm. I hope the counseling helps both you and C and that C’s meds help him and maybe things will improve between the two of you. Give it some time, and I like Shad’s suggestion for the two of you to get away together. I’m sure your full house has added stress to both of you. = Glad the birthday party went well. How nice Ainslie was there – is the move out of state still happening?

Shad – I hope your visits with your neighbor perked her up a bit. == It’s been rainy here too, and yes, it gets old. But since we do need it, I can’t complain too much. == I’m glad someone had a good year in their veg patch! And free seeds, even better. My heart was not in it this year. == LOL re Romeo following you into the shower! == Ugh, getting the flu twice – I’m not sure I could handle getting whatever type of virus I’ve had all over again. I’m taking elderberry syrup to try and boost my immune system.

Ceejay – I understand how a routine would be difficult to establish when you’ve got a lot of time on your hands and few firm obligations. When I take a day off without any firm plans, I tend to squander it by sitting around and watching tv and plain old slothing around. And of course I justify it by saying I work all week long… I’m sure you’ll get yourself into a routine, you’re really still adjusting to retirement. I like Shad’s idea of doing a daily and weekly list. == Sorry you’ve been suffering from anxiety. I’m sure the talk of the niece moving back to town hasn’t helped matters.

Susie – I’m glad you got to see Fiona at the zoo. How cute. == Good job on the TOPS loss!

Happy – Darn it, I would have liked to hear about the Thai cooking class! I LOVE Thai food. == My eyes feel fine. I do wonder if it wasn’t a bacterial thing at all, but just part and parcel of this virus. But today is the last day of drops – (2 days of drops every 2 hours and then 3 days of drops every 4 hours), so I’m glad it’s almost over. == You might have to get your mom on a waiting list for the housing soon, even if there’s no hurry right now.

Hi Dee!!

==
I had a very uneventful weekend and didn’t do much of anything. I feel mostly better. Today is the last day of the eyedrops, and the eyes feel fine. My throat is still sore, but I’m pretty sure the eyedrops are causing this. We’ll see how it feels tomorrow when I’m off the drops. Otherwise, I have some crud in my throat (drip) and so I will be coughing, which is not unusual at all.

When I was sick I fell off my food logging, so I have to get back to that and exercising.

A while back I bought some small melamine plates to use instead of paper plates, and instead of our heavy stoneware plates. It wouldn’t completely eliminate our use of paper plates, but it would make a dent. But melamine can’t go in the microwave and should be on the top shelf of the dishwasher. So off and on lately I’ve been looking for some Corelle dishes – small & large plates – on craigslist. I found a few pieces yesterday and will be picking them up tonight. I’d have preferred plain white (I already have some plain white Corelle cereal bowls), but haven’t seen any of those online. And I don’t care to buy them new because of course the talk online is that the new Corelle isn’t as good as the old. So I found some that are a simple floral, so that’s fine. Just a few plates of each size and some bowls. I definitely don’t need a full set. The nice thing about Corelle is that it’s thin and compact to store. Way back when I was moving into my first apartment, a work pal passed along a set of Corelle to me – wasn’t a very extensive set (which is probably why I bought the cereal bowls). Anyway, of course now I wish I still had that set. Oh well. It’s interesting that now it seems to be a collector’s item.

The boss is doing a half day work at home and half day vacation, so that’s nice. I need to run out at lunchtime and get some more cough drops and a birthday card.

Enough rambling. I’ll get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #47  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Fiona for Susie!

My nephew and family went to the Cincinnati Zoo and visited Fiona. This one is for you SUSIE.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4052.jpg (20.4 KB, 5 views)
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:35 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Will do personals later, I've lost one post already. ugh
Think my anxiety is from sensing bad vibes from my sis towards her hubby. She's mad at him for some reason. And when momma is not happy no one is happy. He sent me a text stating that she seems to be back to normal. I'm wondering if she may be bipolar! Maybe it's just my moms side of the families temperament. She is a lot like our mom with the temper flares. Bil and I had a long talk yesterday. Sometimes I think I should have gone with my first choice and majored in phycology.
I've had a good day today. Got up in a mood to do some things and on my mental list of things to do was to winterize the gas push mower. I don't like to leave gas in the tank over the winter. I mowed the back yard thinking that it would run out of gas by then. I did get my exercise today. There was only half a tank in the mower. Their is still some gas so tomorrow I will go out and start the mower and just let it run. I'm going to mow the front yard either tomorrow after I get out of the doctor's office or Wednesday. By the way my ear feels fine. I think it was the build up of wax.
I was going to come inside and at first I thought that their was a stick by the steps going up to the deck. Nope, the stick stuck up it's little head. I threw some things at it to make it go away. Ugh it went under the deck! And the hoe was in the shed. I looked on the internet and it's just a garter snake but ohh this little gal doesn't like snakes of any kind.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #49  
Annie - Indiana

When you don't know what to say, just say JESUS!

Therapy this morning. Feeling meh.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #50  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

It's cold and gray out - really reinforces that meh feeling. I thought it was Tuesday (again) and just realized it's Wednesday. I had 3 whole days off with nothing to do so I stayed home and in my pjs most of the day. My foot was really hurting Monday - I just have to stay off it as much as possible. I didn't go to the Stepping On class Monday - it was just hurting too badly to walk all the way through and to the other end of the hospital. For security reasons the doors at that end of the hospital are exit from the inside only with locking doors so I can't park closer.

DH ordered tires for the Avalon and was going to get them installed up in Duluth next Monday but not only do I have a class but I changed my podiatrist appointment to next Monday - a week earlier. So he changed the car appointment. It has been almost a week since I saw the doctor and still did not get the arch supports they were supposed to send me. I am using the pair I got from the other podiatrist and they are not helping. I think the tendon is too inflamed and it needs something more than just rest which is why I changed my appointment. I do have to go out and pick up a birthday card and candy for my Mom and ship out her gifts today. I also decided to skip yoga for this session until I get more straightened out. So my calendar will free a bit.

Since I'm trying to stay off my feet I am going through some bins of papers and things I was saving to get to another time. Geez that sure makes a mess. I have tons of magazines to read. Note to self - cancel magazine subscriptions or swap out evening computer time for reading instead.

Nothing of real interest going on.

Guess everyone is busy and not posting.

Hope your therapy session is productive Annie.

Laura - have your eyes cleared up? Doubt you will find white Corelle dishes as those are hot items and fetch a good price. You can try thrift shops although most people tend to donate stoneware and china. I do agree with you that they don't make the Corelle as sturdy as they used to. When we moved here 6 years ago I decided to get a new set at Walmart mostly because I had 125 mismarked boxes in the garage and needed dishes asap. I don't think I had the set 3 years when it started to chip. In fact now that I found my other set, I think I will go back to using that again and donate the other set. I have a set of stoneware too that I hesitate to use because it's heavy and clunky. In fact, I think I collected it when they were doing promotions at the Jewel grocery store! Sorry I couldn't help you with any Thai recipes - I was kind of bummed to realize that I missed the class too.

DH and I just had a discussion about selling the pontoon boat. He wants to sell it now. For some reason he is trying to say that because I am "less than agile" it makes no sense to keep it. I don't know what he's talking about and when I question him, he can't provide an answer. I only went along with the purchase because he wanted it. It bothers me that the thing is like new, barely used less than 10 times, no mold, excellent condition and we will probably lose about 40 percent of it's value if we sell it. We'll get low end dollar from the dealer and they will sell it for top dollar because it's in such great condition. Just like the cars we used to lease. And this was a really bad weather year for boating - everyone said that. It rained constantly and when it wasn't raining in August and September then it was windy and gusty and that makes it hard to launch and dock the boat and with the pontoon, choppy waters make it "slap" against the water - thump, thump, thump and that's not enjoyable - sort of like sailing into someone's strong wake from a speedboat. You rock and rock in not a good way.

Ceejay - sounds like your sister can be a handful when she gets in a mood and takes it out on the hubby. He needs to find a hobby that gets him out of the house.

Hellos to Shad and Susie.

I also have to do something with these apples today. But first I have to get Mom's stuff taken care of.

On with the day - go enjoy yours!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #51  

Dr.'s appointment went fine. Just ear wax build up. While I was there I asked for a got a cortisone injection for my lower back. It already feels better but sore from the injection.
Nephew brought the boys over last night. I love those little guys, should not brag, but Andy told me that our little kindergartener has tested to be on the third grade level. Nephew also mowed the front lawn and also killed my snake that was still under the deck.
Going to a church function this afternoon.
It feels more like fall today. I've actually had the heat on this week.

Annie
Hope the therapy session goes well.

Happy, Shad, Susie and Laura, hello. Laura hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-25-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:16 PM   #52  

Happy
Think that sis working in Branson and living there during the week helps. Think I would ask for an injection. Any kind of pain is bad.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #53  

Afternoon all. Busy few days here at work.

Ceejay - So you're a confidante to your BIL?? Hope things are more settled between your sis and BIL. LOL, things are better when they are apart during the week?? Absence makes the heart grow fonder... == Yikes, I would not like worrying about snakes on the steps!! How nice your nephew took care of it. Nice you got to see his kids too.

Happy - I'm so sorry your foot is hurting you so badly. I forget - did you have a cortisone shot in that foot?? If not, I certainly would! I agree with you - when my PF flared up, it was not comfortable at all to wear the orthotics. == Yes, my eyes are cleared up now and I've been done with the eyedrops for 2 days now. Now if only my sore throat would go away!! == I did a quick online research and determined the pattern of my Corelle is called "My Garden" and was produced from 1999-2005. So it's not all that old and therefore probably not as good as the vintage Corelle. But I hope it will be sturdy enough for our purposes. LOL, I think my mom still has some of that stoneware from the Jewel promotions. == Huh, if it isn't too expensive to store the boat over the winter, I'd probably wait until next spring to try and sell it. Or give it another boating season - maybe next year will be better. I'd be ticked if it were me being blamed for my spouse wanting to sell the boat. He needs to explain himself!

Hellos to Annie, Shad, Susie and Dee!

==
Nothing much to report. Though Happy talking about selling the boat reminds me that I never posted that bf sold the scooter. It wasn't getting much use at all, so I figured he would finally get around to wanting to sell it. I would have waited until the spring to do it...but he still sold it for more $$ than we paid for it. So no biggie about the timing, and it's good to get the space back in the garage and not have to pay for the insurance.

That's about it for me. I feel okay, but I'm frustrated that my throat is still sore on the left side. I still have a bit of crud in my throat and I'm coughing, but I'm accustomed to that happening after I've had a cold/virus.

I think we may go grocery shopping after work.

That's it for me. G'night all.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:12 AM   #54  
Annie - Indiana

Good Day All....

LAURA...sounds like you are still fighting the creeping crud. Do you still have your tonsils? Just curious, maybe get rid of them? Good deal on the scooter sell.

HAPPY...Sorry your foot is causing you so much trouble. I have noticed my foot/ankle giving me a bit of stiffness and a bit of pain. I blame it on the cold rainy days we had last week and now this morning is it only 35. Altho today my body seems to be working with no pain. Weird. Maybe try the cortisone shot in the foot. I don't blame you on selling the pontoon since you barely get to use it and it cost you to store it and upkeep also. Thank the good Lord you didn't buy the camper. Any luck on selling the ATV or did I miss the sale of that? I am glad you are taking time off of exercise classes and volunteering to take care of yourself. Exactly what Dr. HOH ordered. Dumb question: Have you tried ibuprofen for the inflammation in your foot? I know you probably have, if not give it a whirl. What all did you do with the apples? Pies to freeze, sauce, butter?

CEEG...snakes don't really bother me. Samantha had one for about 10 years. 7 of those years was while she was living with me and in school. I even held it and fed it a mouse. Very gross to watch it eat it. Bleh. We do have one of it's skins that it shed saved in a ziplock bag. Pretty cool looking. I may take a pic of it and post it. If I can remember when I get home to do that. Has the niece moved your way yet?

SHADDIE...how is all the reno coming along? The garden. Love that you are in the warm weather stage but it means yucky cold weather for us. Every year I wonder the same thing, why oh why do I live in a cold state? Same answer, h*ll if I know. lol. C and I is like AA for me. One day at a time. Try not to ponder the future or the past cause both can make me crazier than I already am. Hope your neighbor comes out of her depression fast. Sounds like she needs a doctor's intervention. Maybe a depression script to help her along? I don't know why people are so against getting help for that and taking the pill? I mean you would for BP or diabetes, why not depression?

SUSIE...good job on the WL. Here we are on TOPS day/night. Hope you have a good report for the week. Always lifts the ole spirits. Lil/big Fiona is so cute. My nephew posted several pics of her from the zoo. They enjoyed their visit and were there on the same day your were. I guess it was their treat as the oldest child, 8 yr old Josie had her tonsils out on the following Monday. In answer to your question, I believe C and I are worth the effort...but only if he gets his head straightened out. He IS doing EVERYTHING possible to meet my happiness requirements. It is just the trust thing. Like when he says he loves me. Really do you meant it cause you said that to her also. I guess I need to get past questioning all that he says and believe him til proven otherwise. Geez I am 57 years old. I want peace which is what I THOUGHT I had in my life. I am too old with little time left on earth not to be COMPLETELY happy.

Hello to all, will come back with more in a minute.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #55  
Annie - Indiana

Good Lord this place keeps me hopping....

On my third cup of coffee. One more than usual. I have not slept very well the past few nights. Waking up between 2 and 3 and heading to the couch/lazyboy. Yeeee. My head starts with all kinds of thoughts and won't shut the heck up. Good and bad. Bleh.

Last evening several of us took a meeting to my sponsor's house as she had knee replacement surgery and is out for 6 weeks. It was kind of nice as only a few of us showed up so it was quaint. We really only sat around and chatted, some of it related to AA some of it not. Enjoyable really. We ordered pizza from Hotbox. It was ok pizza but kind of skimpy on toppings. Sad for me as I don't eat the crust. haha.

Therapy was ok good. We covered several topics. Body image, death and Curtis. My thoughts were just jumping around so we went with it. We are going to do brain spotting again next week to try and concentrate on just one thing. I am really enjoying getting this curd out in the open to someone that is not judgmental or doesn't add their personal two cents of seeing it their way. C and I have established a weekly thing of meeting after my therapy for breakfast and a local restarant FLAPJACKS. Everything under the sun to choose from. Very good too.

The whole C thing just takes time. I know this. It takes a long long time to get trust back at any percentage. Let alone completely. I have good days and bad days with this, which is expected. He is really trying and making great strides. His efforts don't go unnoticed and I do tell him.

This weekend we actuall have NOTHING on the agenda. Will be nice to do nothing. Looks like my brick walk will have to wait til spring as I will not get out there in the cold weather to work on it. We have possible snow showers on Saturday morning. Bleh, not looking forward to that at all. This morning was only 35 degrees.

I must get busy my plate is full and will not clear if I stay on here.

Love and Hugs all...
Old 10-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #56  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Dragged myself out of the house yesterday and spent about 3 hours downtown shopping. There is a craft and decor store that has been in business for 40 years that is closing down. Everything 50 percent off - I managed to get a bunch of things - none of which I truly needed. I got a few decorations - will send to Sis and my Mom and kept a few inexpensive things for raffle prizes at bingo. Then I went next door and got some gourmet popcorn to send to my sister for a belated birthday gift. Then across the street to the housewares place - I needed another bottle of garlic EVOO (I use that alot in cooking). Got a bottle of Juniper Balsamic too - that makes a good salad dressing. Got some green chili EVOO for DH - spicy. I find the flavored oils and vinegars really add to the flavor of the food you're cooking. Also got some large grained sea salt to use in my grinder (the stuff I have now is not coarse enough and tends to fall through the bottom of the grinder). Then I went down the street to the candy store - called my Mom who was totally confused because I called from my cell phone and even though I said it was me calling from my cell phone, it took her a few minutes to get her head in gear. This makes me agree with my sister that perhaps the time is coming fast to get her out of that house. She told me what she wanted for chocolates (her birthday is Saturday). She said get an assortment of this and that which is EXACTLY what I got her last year and after she started to eat it she said she didn't really like the assortment - she'd prefer just caramels so for Mother's Day I sent her just caramels and now she wants the assortment Now I know why my sister says she just goes along with Mom's decision "de jour". More like of the moment than of the day I wrapped up my shopping at the Hallmark card store which ALWAYS takes much longer than you plan for. Got a bunch of cards, a baby gift for our favorite waitress at the Italian restaurant, two small gifts for my Mom for her birthday - I have an assortment of odds and ends for the woman who has everything, tells you she loves to get presents and then won't give you any clue on what to get her. (I told my sister who was also struggling for ideas that she should just stop over and bring her her favorite chicken pot pie from KFC, a few thick homemade ice cream bars from the chocolate shop and perhaps a pie for her birthday). By the time I was checking out at the card shop, my foot was SCREAMING in pain - I was leaning on the counter and standing on one foot. I am going to insist the doctor do something on Monday as I can't really stand more than 30 minutes no matter what I do. I had the foot wrapped in an ACE bandage to try and add more support and it made it worse. I am still using the arch support and ibuprofen does not do any good at all unless I take 8 of them and then I have to choose liver damage vs pain relief. I am also wondering if somehow my back is messed up and that is added to my grief. I went to a chiropractor in Memphis but he was a quack and really messed me up badly so I am apprehensive. We have a family chiropractor business in town that people rave about - I am debating about that and perhaps looking into some counselling sessions for myself. I have things rattling around in my head, might benefit from talking to someone about it who might be able to help me sort things out for myself. DH and I went to the Italian restaurant for dinner - they have a mid week special - two for one pizza which is great because we like different pizzas. I had margarita - just sauce, basil and mozzarella. I had a glass of wine and it made my foot feel better too We had a nice dinner and then came home and watched a bit of tv.

DH decided to keep the boat another year. When he told the people at the boat place, they also agreed this was a TERRIBLE year for boating and not to give up. I talked him out of selling the ATV too. I guess I have to push to make an effort to get out more - mostly because I'm the one with lots of plans so he never knows if I am busy so he waits for me to say I have an open day so lets do something. And yeah, it was probably good that we didn't buy a camper but I still think we would have had fun with it although right now I am leary of leaving Nina alone in the house for a few days by herself. We could have always crated her and brought her along though - one cat is easier than 2 to deal with.

Anyway now I have to box up the stuff for my Mom and sister and get to the post office before 2pm so it goes out today. As it is, not sure I will get the package to my Mom on time, but at least she knows it's coming and her cards should get there on time. That's what she likes number 2 after presents - cards. She counts them and heaven help you if you didn't send her one It irritates me that her grandchildren don't send her a card. They don't have to send a present, but the card means alot to her.

'nuff byotching for now

Annie - happy to hear that you and C are working on things. I agree with you - rebuilding trust is a long and tedious process. I did see a comment on a tv show that I filed for reference. The guy said that if you keep living in the past it will eat you alive and so your only hope is to move forward and try and make things better. I thought that was good advice - at least for me. I know it's going to take time and you will have doubtful moments and unfortunately when you hit the common speedbumps where a remark is made, at this point you might make more of it than it was intended by the other person and that's because your guard is up. Keep remembering what you are working for and if you feel both of you are working towards the same goals in life. Also (hard for me too) remember that what's important to you might not be viewed the same way in his eyes - I sometimes feel that I try to get DH to understand my feelings and it's hurtful when he doesn't react in the way I am looking for. Then I have to remember that he LOVES his animals outside and talks and talks and talks about them and notices EVERY LITTLE THING about them like the grandpa who is sooooo enamoured of his grandkids and I'm like meh - be quiet already. So I have to put things in perspective - somethings my deep thoughts are not his turkeys so I should cut him some slack. I think it's great that you go out to breakfast after therapy so you have a chance to talk when things are fresh. How nice that you have a weekend of nothing so you can relax, get a bit of rest and just take an Annie-day. Enjoy!

Laura - how great is it that you sold the scooter for more than you paid for it! You seem to be able to move alot of stuff - guess that's an advantage of living in the city - people are always looking to buy and sell stuff so that works out well for everyone involved. We you going to use it to commute? Do you have 2 cars now? I can't remember - thought so ... Sorry you are still feeling a bit yucky but I think catching something at this time of the year tends to linger a bit. There is so much in the air and the air is getting drier and that just tends to irritate things tremendously. Tea and honey girl. Drink up!

Ceejay - I am happy for you that you are relieved of the snake situation - sorry that nephew didn't just relocate him. Snakes don't bother me that much if they agree to a you stay in your space, I'll stay in mine kinda thing. Yay for the great-nephew being a wise one - you found your computer help going forward I hope they encourage him with books and challenges to encourage a love of learning. So is it settled - are you staying in the house or every few months will the question of who gets the house come up? That has to be stressful...

Hello to Susie and Shad

I need to get going here or before I know it I will have missed the postal cut off and it will be time to get ready for bingo tonight.

Stay warm kids - it's cold and windy outside. I had to move the chair off the deck as it was blowing around like Casper the Ghost was taking a ride!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #57  

Afternoon all.

Annie - Yes, I do still have my tonsils. And yes, I thought about that too with my sore throat issue. Thankfully, today is better. == Uh, won't be too disappointed if you don't remember the photo of the snake skin....== I'm glad the therapy is helping you, and I think it's great that you and C talk things over after your session. Totally agree, these things take time - changing the mindset and making behavioral changes. And the physical changes too, in the case of C's diagnosis. Sounds like you're working it. Keep at it, you said it's worth saving. == Too bad you didn't get your brick path done. Maybe there will be some milder weather before the cold weather's here to stay... I need to get outside and cut back the perennials and dismantle the veg garden. If it doesn't rain this weekend I'll get out there and do it.

Happy - I can empathize with the hardships of trying to shop for your mother. I'm sure she'll enjoy the chocolates AND the card. == Glad the matter of the boat (and the ATV) is settled for a while. Just have to make it a priority, otherwise it might just be wise to not own those toys, maybe rent or borrow. == We bought the scooter when we only had one car with the intent to use it as alternative transportation (but not for my commute). Not an ideal solution, and we ended up buying a 2nd vehicle after that. Anyway, I'm glad it's gone - not really a practical thing in a cold weather state. Yes, Chicagoland is a good place to buy and sell stuff because of the big population in the metro area.

Hellos to Shad, Ceejay & Susie. Hope you're all keeping out of trouble!

==

Nothing much to write about.

I'm happy to report that the sore throat is easing up. I need to get back to my nightguard/anti-snore thingie. During this virus I've been using my old nightguard, which is just one piece worn on my upper teeth strictly to prevent damage to teeth from grinding. I thought it would be better because of any sinus issues. Now that I'm past any sinus stuff, I'll go back to the other device. It's worn on both upper and lower teeth and is hooked together with a rubber piece on each side and positions the jaw so that snoring is reduced/eliminated. But it also results in your mouth being in a closed position for the most part. Not good if you can't breathe well through your nose...Anyway, it'll probably be no fun readjusting to it, but then again, I might sleep better.

Bf did some grocery shopping last night on his own and we'll see if there's anything to eat for dinner tonight...

That's it for me, so I'll get this posted. TTFN.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #58  

Happy
Sounds like you had a good day shopping. I'm also glad that ya'll decided to keep the boat and ATV. I'm sure that nephew and wife will keep their son challenged. Hope the podiatrist can help this time. I know I would ask for a cortison injection. You can only suffer so much.

Laura,
I'm not so much a confidant to bil but trying to satisfy my own curiosity of their situation. My sis has had 3 previous marriages. I was concerned about theirs. But I'm thinking that things are on the mend.

Annie
Glad that you and C are talking through things. You guys have taught me a lot about relationship statuses when Andy and Megan were having problems. Hope things will work out for the two of you.

Hello to the rest.

I decided that I would go to the salon this morning and have a change of hair color. The grayer my hair gets makes my skin look washed out but that changed today. My hair is now an ash brown in color. It's about the color of my original hair when I was younger.
I should have gotten outside and finished my projects but I didn't want to. Tomorrow it's turning cold. I may have to go back to either Walmart or Lowes and get some outside faucet covers.
Not much else going is going on.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:57 AM   #59  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF fo SHO!!

HAPPY...the decisions of what to do with the ATV and boat can be put on the back burner and other things can take priority. Nice feeling. Momma's are hard to deal with but miss them like heck when they are gone. Just humor her and keep your wits about you. This too, could be you some day. Yikes. I dread that thought for myself. Remember, momma probably doesn't remember what the heck she complains about from one time to the next. May be just her negative state of mind and to have something to beeeeaaach about. You poor thing the darn foot. I would def check into a cortisone shot. My ankle/foot has been giving me heck a few days here and there but I think it is weather related. Please dear God make Happy's foot feel better, amen. Along with all our other body parts.

Your comment...."The guy said that if you keep living in the past it will eat you alive and so your only hope is to move forward and try and make things better. I thought that was good advice - at least for me." I totally agree with that. AA teaches you that. One day at a time. Live for today. Can't change the past and you may not have tomorrow.

LAURA...hope your are 100% by now. How did you sleep last night? I swear once we hit 50, all kinds of sh*t goes wrong with our bodies. Take care of you and still take it easy this weekend, heal my sister. Hugs Lucky you, I cannot remember to take the picture of the snake skin. bahahaha

CEEG...Please post a pic of your new hair color. It is turning colder here also. Poor kiddos will have to trick or treat in 40 degree weather however it is not supposed to be rainy that night. Burr!
Old 10-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #60  
Annie - Indiana

Let's see...hmmm, we sold Cs Durrango. So I can now park in the garage with extra room. C closed on his house last night. Have to wait 3 business days for the $$ to be wired into our account. It will be nice to get some things paid off. We will pretty much be home free with only two mortgage payments, car payment and insurance and utilities. Our first payment on Cs house is not til December 1st, skipbo on November. Hope to start building our savings more.

Tonight by bro and SIL, Cindy are meeting at our house then going down to Wheatley's, a little restaurant in town just down the road. They have a fish fry on Friday nights. Since it is breaded I usually just get a salad. Altho I am not in the mood for a salad I shall go and get a salad. Last time they also had very delish boiled cabbage seasoned great with a bit of ham. Maybe they will have something like that tonight.

Tomorrow is meeting then nothing planned the rest of the weekend except grocery store and maybe lunch with Sam. I would like to try this little Greek restaurant but not sure she likes greek food and truthfully the only thing I like is the greek salad. lol. Just something fun to do. Chris has the kids this weekend. It will be a quiet weekend.

That is about it for me....have a wonderful weekend...hello's to Shad and Susie. Hugs ladies!