Old 10-14-2017, 12:55 PM   #16  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Laura - hope you got a good night's rest and are feeling better this morning. Sniffles are starting to emerge from people and with asthma and stuff and all the outside things starting to decompose, I suppose there are things flying around in the air. Is it still rather warm by you or has the weather turned more fall like? Do you get a lot of leaves that need to be raked up? Any more adventures at Mom's Renovation Show this weekend?

Ceejay - coming from Chicago we learned to make our own pizza when we lived down south for a while because you guys make great sweet tea and banana pudding but terrible pizza! It's not so great where we are now either. But the thing I like about making your own is that I'm finding my stomach is getting more sensitive to the grease in the meaty pizzas - I prefer more vegetable toppings and many places don't have much to pick from other than green peppers olives canned mushrooms (which should be against the law in my opinion) and 2 whole onions because they are happy when someone finally orders onions and they can use them up Glad your hip is doing better - have a safe trip home.

Last night we went to dinner - I just had soup and salad bar which was great - they have the BEST homemade soups. DH had broiled shrimp - said it was the best restaurant shrimp he had in a long time. We then went to the comedy show across the street. And for the first time ever both comics were dreadful. Not funny at all. DH wanted to sit in the back - I wanted to sit closer to the front so we did and I'm sorry that we did. Besides neither of these being funny, the second comic naturally talked loud and was booming into the mike. I had to cover my eyes it was so annoyingly LOUD. I wanted to get up and leave but it would have been really obvious. I'm not sure why I should have cared about that but it was a complete waste of time. Thank goodness it only cost $5 a ticket.

Today I am home all day I have received my freezer containers and need to wash them thoroughly. I have lots of apples to process. My cinnamon I ordered is not coming until Monday or Tuesday. I think I will make up some applesauce to jar today and save the cinnamon for some baked goods. It's going to be a lovely week ahead weather wise - the last hurrah of autumn I think before that frozen white stuff makes it's way out here so we are planning day trips for Thursday and Friday. I have a Stepping On class starting Monday for fall prevention - will share tips as well as any good info I get on the Coping With Arthritis class on Tuesday. Wednesday is a busy day with a Finance Committee meeting, covering the Senior Center phones for 2 hours over lunch and then my writing class. There's alot I'd love to write but not sure I want other eyes reading it - know what I mean? It could be awkward... we are writing about our teenage years this week ages 11 to 19 - alot happened in my life between 16 and 19 - the "formative" years

I got my B12 shot yesterday and asked for a flu shot also because the time is right for that as it takes about 2 weeks for the shot to settle in and do it's thing to protect you. I have had a bit of the sniffles so wasn't sure it was the best time to get it but I seem to be ok. Just seasonal sniffles not germ sniffles. Not sure if DH is going fishing today - the guy he has been going with promised him he'd catch a musky and that hasn't happened yet but DH is tired of fishing and is ok if they just call a stop to it. I told him to tell him it's too cold to go out on the water any more. We already put our boat into storage - DH talked to the guy about selling it. That's a tough one - the weather prevented us from using it much this year and we will lose a lot of money selling it. I said to give it one more year... I'm just glad I was not the one who wanted the boat

Anyway I should get off my duff and get busy here as I have frittered away the morning. Hope you all have a good weekend ahead of you. Enjoy the nice weather because you know what's coming down the pike except for Shad and even then - the approach of summer heat and humidity and bugs is probably no more welcome than our ice and snow.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Friends!

As you can tell by my absences work is taking a lot of my time and I am not liking it.

Having this additional person to support takes a lot of time. I'm not able to process things quickly for her calendar and such because I don't know the people she deals with and which meetings are important and which ones can wait and then she works in a different building than I do so I don't know the rooms that are best to schedule things in.

It's not hard, it just takes time and that was something i didn't have a lot of extra when it came to my work. My Director and I talked about it this week and he said if it is still like this in 6 weeks and I don't see some of it easing up, he will look to give my Band 3 to someone else and maybe one of my Band 4's. Both my Director and my new person are Band 5's. Then of course if my VP who comes every 4-6 to 6 weeks for usually a two week stay and she is a Band 6.

Get the picture..the heavy hitters, Band 5 & 6 require a lot of support and I currently have two Band 5's , one Band 6, two Band 4's and one Band 3!

Ok....I'm tired just talking about it.

I had a gain on Thursday at TOPS. I think that some of it was my eating and some of it as I weighed in in jeans. It is that time of a year where everyone takes a hit at the scales because the clothes are a little heavier than spring/summer clothes.

I'be buttoned down that eating since Thursday as I was a bit casual about it last week and I've already shown a loss on my scales that is the same of the gain I showed on Thursday.

The 5k at works is a week from Friday so I need to really get on the treadmill and push myself--going a little longer than usual this week until Tuesday so that the day of the race it feels easy and I can do it in a good time. After Tuesday I will split my time between the bike and the treadmill.

We had a great weekend this weekend. As a part of our anniversary celebration I had purchased tickets to Ring of Honor Wrestling--my husband loves all the wrestling, from the big Leagues like WWE and WWF to when it comes to the local fair grounds. It is entertaining for sure.

I don't know if you all saw that I got my picture with Kenny King who wrestles in ROH and was on the Rachel's season of the Bachelorette. He was one of my favorites during the show--I knew of him because my husband watches ROH and so I was very excited to get to meet him and get my picture with him.

I'm excited for this coming weekend as we are going to the Cincinnati Zoo and I will hopefully get to see Fiona, the baby hippo who was born as a preemie and I have been in love with and routing for her to make it since she was born.

This post is getting long. I will end it and do a separate one for personals.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:29 PM   #18  

Annie: I saw that you took off a couple of days and are having fun with the grand babies and others. I am glad you are doing that.

I believe I read that you had a checkup and that things were very positive for you there and that the doctor couldn't believe the weight you lost......Great job sister!

Laura: I hope you have been able to get some rest this weekend and fought off what sounded like a oncoming cold.

Ceejay: Are you back home yet or still in Branson with your sister? I have enjoyed the pictures you have posted on FaceBook of your hikes and things.

Shad: I think I saw that you were going to go get your hair cut. Did you get that done? I remember when my SIL's hair was growing back. She wore her wig as it took a while for there to be enough hair to "shape" and her hair was very different than before..it was straight before and then very curly when it grew back.

Finally about 4 or months after her last chemo treatment, she had enough hair to style and not shape. Her stylist cut it into a very cute pixie cut like Haley Berry wears sometimes and she wouldn't let my SIL look until she was done cutting it and styling it and she also did her make-up....my SIL looked so cute!

Then the stylist told her to come in every day that week before my SIL went to work- the stylist meet her in the salon at 6:30 p.m. and she styled my SIL's hair and showed her how to do it since she wasn't used to working with curly hair and she did her make-up each day. I asked God there and then to bless that lady for the rest of her life for such kindness to my SIL. I saw my SIL transform that week and get her confidence back. It was a turning point for my SIL for sure. She really felt victorious in beating cancer....and is now a 12 yrs cancer free.

Happy: You are as busy as I am and you are retried! It does sound like you are doing a lot of things that you like to do.

All the trips you and your DH have been taking to enjoy all the scenery around you sound to be very nice and enjoyable.

I'm glad to hear that you have a new freezer and didn't lose everything from the other one but it still sounds like you had a lot of work to do with transferring everything and trying to save what you could.

I really plan to post daily this upcoming week. I need to...it's very helpful to me to visit here with all of you. You keep me on track and sane!
Old 10-16-2017, 04:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Annie - thank you so much for the lovely card you sent me with Sundays paw prints all over it. You are such a marvel with keeping up with us all with cards and letters - I think you must be channelling Mel. She was a wonder at it too.

Ceejay - I love caves. Looks like you had an interesting one there. I must look out some caves for my itinerary next trip. Great photos. Are you back at home now or still at your sisters?

Laura - I know what you mean about photos. All candid ones of me look horrendous. The one I use on FB was taken by a professional. They are the only ones of me that look any good these days.
Hope you are feeling better now. Not nice to feel that sick and achy.

Happy - 5 courses!!! We have had about 4" of rain. I think tonight or tomorrow will see the last of it, although the weather forecasters are saying it will hang about all week. But then, we all know they are wrong most of the time. The radar looks about done with cloud and heavy rain.
That's a lot of courses you are looking at, but I think that getting some Happy time in is the right thing. Such a shame about volunteering and people who think they are continually right about everything.
How awful that the comedians weren't funny. Sometimes I wonder if I am the one out of step because a lot of the comedy shows on tv these days barely raise a smile from me. Do they really have to shout and swear to be funny? I don't think so.
It's sad that DH is thinking of selling the boat. But really, if it is not being used, it is just money tied up and depreciating.

Susie - I thought they were getting help for you. Didn't someone start there a while ago who was supposed to take some of the pressure off you?
Hope you do well at the 5K - are you running or walking or a combination of both. Either way good on you for committing.
Glad you enjoyed the wrestling. Not my cup of tea, but I know a lot of people who enjoy it.
The Zoo next week sounds great.

I've attached a picture of my hair as it is now. It just gets bushier rather than longer, but it is easier to brush and keep tidy so I will just leave it for a while longer. I have to go down to the hairdresser soon to get some more shampoo. I haven't seen them since January, so they will be getting a bit of a surprise down there.
We've had just over 4" of rain over the weekend and today (Monday). It's been great. We are promised some more tonight and then it will taper off over the week. Great. Just enough for a while. Usually there is too much or too little, although I did see on the news tonight that there was too much a couple of hours north of here. Feast or famine over here. It's unseasonably cool as well at the moment but it won't hurt too much. Maybe it will stop the wind and the sun soaking up the moisture.

Anyway, smells like my roast chicken is cooked. I had better get off here and go sort out my dinner. See ya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg After chemo hair..jpg (17.6 KB, 7 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:15 AM   #20  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning/Evening....

Whew what a busy 4 days off. Rested, um no. Had a lot going on.

CEEG...back from Branson yet? How nice of you to let sis borrow your car and to clean her house. Yes, coconut flour is keto approved. I use coconut flour and almond flour/meal as all my replacements for regular flour. Very yummy. How is your hip feeling?

LAURA...yikes on the flu like aches and pains. Hopefully you are much better by now. I love my microwave buttons 1-6. That is usually the only ones I use. If I need more time than the 6 button, I just hit the 30 second button to get the number of minutes I need. C doesn't quite get the 1-6 buttons and goes the long way. Sam uses the quick buttons like I do.

HAPPY...the pizza class sounded wonderful. I love different types of pizza except the ones with pineapple on them. Pineapple just does not go on pizza. bleh. The added "ME" classes that you signed up to take sound interesting. Good on you. Altho sounds more like you are still volunteering too much and fitting classes in and around that. May have to make a trip to see you and bring the rolling pin. Hugs for strength. Glad to hear ole arther is easing up a tiny bit for you. Are you still doing the gelatin daily? Did the B12 give you any energy? That is how you can tell when B12 is really way low. You get a spirt of energy.

SUSIE...thank you for explaining Kenny King. I had no idea who that was on your FB post. I am like ok, lucky you, I guess. lol. Your job is so demanding. That is a lot of "higher ups" to support. Get back in the truck on your healthy way of life sister. You only have 11 weeks to meet your goal for this year. Keep on pushing through, you can do this.

SHADDIE....your hair is adorable. Love love love the curlies. My oldest bro has hair like that. The other 3 of us siblings got the straight as an arrow fine hair. Is all this rain keeping you inside for projects there? How is the reno coming along? Roasted chicken sounds wonderful, especially if someone else is fixing it. Thank you for the very high compliment of placing me with MELLIE.

Going to post and come back...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

Thursday, Sam and I took the boys to see the Ninjago movie. The boys loved it. It was a long movie and I am surprised the boys kept entertained enough to stay focused the entire time. That is how we can tell it is a good movie. Me, I could of taken a pass on it. lol. We also had to take the 2 year old babysitting kid with us. He was focused too. Must of been all the action in the movie, plus they love all those super hero movies.

Friday was the zoo. Sam didn't have any babysitting kids so it was kind of nice. We were there 3 hours. We had a wonderful time. The best part was both of the boys were willing and wanting to TRY the kiddie roller coaster, which did have one big hill. They both loved it and wanted to go again. We did not as tickets were kind of high. We also did the carousel and the train ride through the zoo. We walked the entire park. We also did the butterfly garden. I guess the bad time of year for that as we only saw about 10 butterflies in the entire place. Really weird. Glad that came with the price of the zoo.

Saturday. Skipped the movie. My Beef n Boards Pinnochio tickets that I got at a silent auction last spring at Jacob's PreK school finally came about. It was a live play.
The boys also loved it. It was cute cause when C got home Royce said Papaw guess what we saw Pinnochio and he turned from a puppet to a real boy. Too cute.
Saturday night we had tickets for the Monster Jam. We thought the boys would like this the best. No so much. Even with ear muffs to drown out the noise it was too loud. We left before it was over. They got bored with it. Not enough action. Too much time between trucks which was really just like a minute. We parked at my parking garage so the joint to the event was about a 15 minute hike one way.

Sunday was church and lunch. eh, busy to say the least.

Hugs to all!!
Old 10-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #22  
Choose your hard

Hello ladies,

Crazy weekend. I am very much looking forward to this week. Beautiful sunny skies, mild temps (for us although it is dropping to freezing every night) and it might even get to 70 degrees on Friday. Supposed to be decent until Sunday and then bam!!! cold weather and all other yucky stuff moves in. SO enjoy it kid.

Made my first test run batch of apple sauce yesterday. It was good. Still missing something though even though I added a bit of sugar, multiple kinds of apples, cinnamon, baking spice (cardamom, clove, other stuff). Will experiment more. I also looked up how to make and freeze unbaked pies - might do 2 of them for the holidays. I have 7 bags of apples - A LOT to cook up as a little goes a long way. For example I made 4 cups of applesauce from about 7 medium sized apples. Good thing apples keep longer than soft fruits! My fresh spices from Penzey's arrived today so I will have some new stuff to experiment with.

Got a call from Sis yesterday. She had to take Mom to the hospital as she was bleeding from her bum. Probably a hemorrhoid. Mom has old people poo issues. That blew my sister's whole afternoon and evening as she had to go into the city to get her, bring her back to her area (the city hospitals SUCK) and then cool her heels in emergency care. Mom is ok - was what we thought and today she is a cheery, chirpy little birdy while my sister is on Poo Monitoring Duty I feel badly that she is shouldering the burden on her own. Now I feel even more guilty that I have postponed my trip there because my foot is still too sensitive for travelling about just yet. My sister has 3 very elderly people she takes care of and I think it's getting to her. If they were less stubborn it would be alot easier.

Susie - good for you for pushing back on the support. That's an AWFUL lot of people to support. Too many especially since the band 5 and 6 are used to you doing so much for them already. And I agree that trying to do your job efficiently is crippled by the lack of tools you have with the newest person. If you don't push back, they will just pile more on you. They know you are good and thank heavens they realize their own support will be compromised if they don't work with you. Bummer on the gain at weigh in but at this point I think it's more a safety check - if you have something that can be tweeked then it's an opportunity to adjust before you go off the rails. And you are doing just that. Just try and keep the job responsibilities below 80 hours per week so you have time for exercise and proper meals and taking care of yourself. Thanks for the explanation on the pictures - I don't know wrestling or The Bachelorette but I knew you were pretty darn excited about those pics!

Annie - sounds like you had a jam packed weekend with the family. I'm glad you like boy stuff like movies and monster trucks - I would have been bored out of my mind Let's go SHOPPING instead The boys are getting big - glad they had a good time. Ugh on the exhaust and noise from the monster trucks! Yes, it is too late in the season for butterflies but sounds like you got alot of walking in. How did your foot hold up? Yes, we will have to plan a visit to the compound - not much to do up here come the end of October unless you like to shiver and shovel snow. Yes, I said it. It's coming. Next week even maybe. Yes, I am still doing the supplements although I have to say that I am probably the only person in the world who does not get the boost of energy from the B12 shot. Never did. Perhaps like my sister I am wired backwards and have the opposite effect. Between the B12 shots and the D3 supplements - can't say that I am noticing anything really different. And yes, you are compassionate like Mel was. She lives on in you. There's a lot of power and responsibility when you take over the rolling pin. Thank you for sending out cards - it is something I am terrible about.

Shad - Often after chemo people say their hair gets more curly. Since I knew you had a strong wave already in yours, was wondering what would happen. Your hair looks super curly now - that's great because it will be nice and thick. You would look cute in a short cut that flatters the waves. I'm glad to see you are finally getting some much needed rain up your way. How's the renovations coming along? Do you have a bath and toilet of your own yet?

Hi Laura - did you get the terrible rains that my sister got in the south suburbs? Really awful weather for the weekend.

Hi Ceejay - loved the cave photos.

I'm going to call my Mom for a quick update. There is no quick phone call with her so I'm going to have to wiggle out after 30 minutes. Got a few things to do today before my 3pm class at the hospital.

Enjoy the day!
Old 10-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #23  

Feeling miserable. Stayed home from work. Saw my dr this morning. Something viral, so no antibiotics. OTC meds not helping. If only I could just sleep through this until it runs its course.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-16-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:07 PM   #24  

Hello! I am so excited I made it here!

Work was busy as usual. I could have worked late or worked when I got home but I didnt. I got on the bike for 30 min and did 6 miles and then on the treadmill for 30 min and did 2 miles.

Makes me feel strong and in control.

Ceejay: that cave you posted pictures of looked amazing. It looked like you were on a boat ride through some of it. Did I seen that correctly?

Annie: your weekend was a busy one but it sounds like you had a great time and it looked like it too!

My nephews like the movies your grandkids went to. We go with them sometime and I only go with them because it I love spending time with them. Those movies drive me crazy! Lol

I think you did well on the applesauce. I couldnt even start something like that.

Shad: your hair is cute and it looks so thick!

It sounds like things will be lush and green with all that rain!

Happy: I am glad to hear that your mom didnt have anything too serious going on. Were you able to keep the phone call to 30 min?

Laura:I can tell you feel miserable. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs to you !

I need to wash my makeup off, brush my teeth and hit the sheets.

See you all tomorow.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #25  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday....

SUSIE...glad you did the right thing for you and exercised. YGG! All the crazy busy you put up with at work, you def need the "ME" time.

LAURA...God love ya...hope you get to feeling better my sister friend. You should start taking zinc daily. I added it to my pill assortment about 4 months ago. Other than headaches which I think are being in ketosis, everything has been good. Healing prayers to you!

HAPPY...how was the call with momma? Funny I had a dream with momma in it last night. I think because in the dream I was about to do something I shouldn't. How ironic? We are having lovely weather this week also, clear through the weekend. 70 and sunny. Must take advantage of it. Need to get my brick walk done before winter however the weekends are just too busy to focus on it. Yikes. Love me some applesauce. Are you going to try apple butter with your apples? My ankle/foot did very well. Probably walked a couple of miles from my work parking garage to the event. I have to say tho on Sunday, my lower legs and foot ached. Prob just because of the walking and not used to it. You are welcome for your cards!

Hello to all...

Make it a great day/night....hugs.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #26  
Choose your hard

just lost my whole @)(R*#(&*@#&@)*$ post! Man this site is sooooooooooooooooooooooo aggravating.

I forgot to copy before I hit submit. And then it times out and I have to re-log in and then I get a stupid error that it can't submit my post.

I have to head off for the arthritis class that I just realized this a.m. is probably NOT what I thought it was going to be. I think they are going to try and sell supplements.

Anyway - I will try and get back later to post. Feel better Laura !!!!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #27  

Got my workouts in tonight.
I put the Cavaliers game one, ipod in one ear and walked 30 mon and then biked 30 min.

Food logged and on track.

Annie: what are you doing with your brick wall?

Happy, dang it that you lost your post. I am looking forward to hearing about the arthritis class.

I think Laura must be feeling badly. Get well soon Laura

My Director went home early sick. He never does that so I say something very yucky os going around.

I am headed to bed. Good night
Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #28  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening...

SUSIE...not a brick wall but a brick walk. From back patio to shed. About 10 feet. Need to get on it but the weather and activities have not been cooperating. Glad you are on track with exercise and food. Always makes me feel better when I do good. lol.

LAURA...hope you are feeling better. Did you stay home another day? Healing hugs.

HAPPY....dang it anyway. Hate when I lose my post. By then I don't want to do it all over again. It is also when I feel like it was such a great post too. lol.

Dinner was Egg in a Hole. Very tasty. Wasn't sure I would like it but did. I will post recipe later. Also made a new cucumber salad recipe. Very tasty.

Worked later last night than I wanted. If we had OT it would of been 1.5 hours. Oh well. My boss kept me on the phone going over stuff he wants done. Oh boy. Needless to say it did NOT interfere with my exercising. bahahahha...

Make it a great day/night.

Hugs
Old 10-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #29  
Choose your hard

Good morning chickies,

Judging by the number of views on this thread, we must have a whole lot of lurkers in the bushes

Today was supposed to be a jam packed day for me BUT THEN, a couple of the people on the Finance Committee forgot to mark down the next meeting (today) which was our last discussion item when we last met. This is frustrating because we have the same people doing this over and over and it really disrupts the schedule. Then I was supposed to fill in at the Senior Center on the phones while they had their regularly scheduled Board meeting. So.. I decided to call this morning - yes they are having the meeting, no they don't need me to fill in (after we had already discussed 2 months ago that she wanted me to book this into my schedule ahead of time so that I'd be available). THANKS - a big fat THANKS for letting me know ahead of time. I would have been pretty miffed if I went there only to turn around and leave. People can't think beyond their nose. So the end result is that I now have the morning free to myself. Good thing! And I won't book any more advance time for the Senior Center - when they call me the day before, I just won't be available.

Also I went to the first Stepping On class on Monday. The cost is $20. I said I'd give them a check for $10.05 since they owe me $9.95 for over a month as reimbursement for taking the beverage server training class they said they'd pay for. The girl said ummmm - you can't do that. I said why not? They don't seem to be in a rush to compensate me (a very COMMON complaint there) but you want YOUR money right away. Hah. She said it would screw up the billing. I said not my problem. She said she too has been waiting a long time to get reimbursed. I said again, not my problem - because people just accept this, it continues to be a problem... And I don't accept it. You know, I don't want to be nasty, people make me that way.

I did call today and talked to a very nice person at Frigidaire who helped me order a replacement part for my freezer - an inside plastic door was broken on the hinge.

The Asian beetles are HORRIBLE. They are flying all over the place with this warm weather. I stopped yesterday after my class to Walmart to pick up some frozen vegetables and a few frozen lunch meals for DH. Of course I had about 20 bags and when I pulled up my entire house and both entrances were COVERED in the stinky annoying biting little devils. I swept away what I could but they still got in the house and crawling and biting me. DH was out fishing much to his reluctance so I had to carry everything in by myself which made it much slower. Not the day to do that.

So I almost didn't go to the arthritis class - it said Arthritis for Optimal Health which happens to be the name of a line of supplements and I thought - oh man - she's going to try and sell us expensive pills which is actually against school policy. I was going to cancel the class and then I realized they set it up special for me to view it via the televised network and I didn't want to stiff them. Glad I went. It was by a wonderful lady who is a naturopath and herbalist and there was no selling of any commercial product or essential oil. She talked about the need to periodically cleanse the body's 5 natural channels of eliminating toxins - Respiratory System (go outside and breathe fresh air more, get regular exercise and movement and use a humidifier as well as natural cleaners like ground up evergreen needles). This is good because I live in an evergreen forest and I do notice the wonderful quality of air we have up here. For Skin she recommended doing an epsom salt bath or soak if you have hand or foot problems. Digestive System - clean up your diet - don't eat really spicy food (except for cayenne pepper), cut back on the fatty, salty stuff and eliminate white stuff and sugar as much as you can. Blood and Lymphatic system - drink lots of water to help flush the pipes. We learned a tapping massage in yoga that was good for stimulating and clearing the lymph nodes. Foods good for having a cleansing effect are Aloe Vera Juice (but too much can have a laxative effect), avocadoes, yogurt, choose berries over citrus (less sugar), tart cherries, mango, pineapple and papaya have bromelain which is good for you, fermented foods - kimchee, kombucha, even pickled foods. Leafy greens, squash family veggies, probiotics for gut health. She also gave us a long list of herbs. I would definitely take another of her classes again.

As for the Stepping On class - Monday was the introduction. They brought in a rehab physical therapist to guide us through the balance and strengthening exercises - great now another thing to remember I think this will be a good class too although a new person is teaching it and she is quiet and shy in nature so it's kind of a sleepy class too. We all introduced ourselves and shared a story about falling. I can elaborate on the exercises if you like.

DH went out to get the stuff so we could drain and clean the hot tub - this is the week to do it although he will have to prop the 3 season room door open to let the drain hose out and that will probably fill the room with the darn beetles again. But it's warm out and the water will drain better today than next week. I also need to write a few pieces for my class this afternoon. The days seem to fly by and I am always behind things.

Susie - yay for you for making it a priority to get your exercise in. Keep yourself healthy - this time of year starts the first round of illnesses and it seems there are awful bugs going on out there.

Laura - hope you are on the mend and feeling better

Hello to the rest of you - I'd better get the hot tub ready before DH gets back.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #30  
Choose your hard

Annie - if you liked the egg in a hole - try the keto version. Slice a bell pepper - color of your choice into circles and lay it in a pan and crack an egg into it. Fry the egg up and get some pepper goodness. Looks attractive and it's really good too. I have a picture somewhere I will try to post.