Old 10-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #316  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey....I am not going to lie. This life I am in at the moment is really a struggle and taking a toll on me. Praying for strength and peace. Michael's birthday is next week on Wednesday, October 11. My heart aches. I have invited Pia over for dinner that evening. Don't want her to be alone and we are not going to make it about that. I just don't want her alone. Hopefully I can do the right thing for her. My weight is down even more at 155 today. Have lost 39 lbs thus far. The apron on front is still ugly and kind of makes me look like a starving Ethiopian. Yes is has shrank. Still bigger in comparison to the rest of my body. Something I need to tackle with the therapist. Body image.

I have the boys most of the day tomorrow. Sam's boyf got her tickets to Garth Brooks even tho her bd is not til November. Chris is too busy to take the boys...which I am glad to have the boys to myself. We may go to Chuckie Cheese. May the force be with me! Bah. Sunday is AA intergroup meeting which I may not go as it interferes with church time and I feel like I need church more than AA intergroup meeting. Regular AA meeting on Saturday morning.

Hope everyone has a great blessed weekend. Healing and love to you all. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:01 AM   #317  

Height: 5'7"

Hello! My week has been crazy and all due to work! First, no email for two days because we migrated to Office 365 and there were issues.

We could use a web version of ema but you couldn't do much more than read it and reply. Couldn't get to calendars, any email that you had previously wasnt in the web version, you could open it in the old version but you couldnt reply.

I answered what I could, worked on what I could that wasnt email and spent a lot of time spinnng in place.

Also, on Tuesday we had a "giving back day" as a department and spent 4 hrs at Matthew 25 ministires working in the sort center of the mission and sorting items that are dropped off into categories so that things are in bulk and with like items.

That was very physical and as I was doing it, I thought about how 70 lbs ago I couldnt have lasted more than 2 hrs at it. I was tired after 4 hours but I worked the entire time and after lunch I had energy again.

The email is now in place and all looks good and today we have a all day Town Hall mtg. I dont plan on being in this meeting all day. I will bug out after lunch.

I stayed the same at my weighin last night. I missed a lot of my workouts this week as I chose to go to nieces soccer games, gymnastics practice, school concert etc.

That will not happen again for a while. I need to keep my workout time a priority if I want to get to my year end weight loss goal.

Sunday is our 29th wedding anniversary. I cant believe I have been married that long. I feel like I am only about 32 years old!

Now that I caught up reading the posts and posting my weekly highlights I will start paying a bit of attention to this meeting and come back for personals later.

If there are typos please overloom them. I am using my phone to post.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:06 AM   #318  

Height: 5'7"

Time for personals.

Annie: you are doing very well with all you are have going on.

Counseling is never easy. You know that with everything all you can do is what you can do and let the rest be. You will get to the rest when it is the time for it. Last part of my life verse....In all you ways acknowledge Him and He will set your paths straight. PROVERBS 3:5&6

Laura, House issues make me crazy...I hope the new toliet solves it all.

It is hard to see blood work results that are telling about how we are taking or not taking care of ourselves. Good news is, you are at the place you can change it and see change in 3 months. I was in this boat last December. Things look very different now! You can turn it around. I believe in you.

Shad: My condolences at the passing of Sunday. I know you gave her a good life and she gave you back sweet love. I know you will miss her.

How is packing up the clothes left by others going? Just get it to the donation center and be done with it. It will make you feel great after you drop it all off!

Ceejay: I think it is great you went hiking. It is ok if they had to wait a bit..we all would be so much better off if we all just slowed down a bit and continue moving. Who said we had to finish at a particual time?

I hope that cutting back on the coke and not taking the over the counter pain pills will improve the ulcer and it will heal quickly.

Happy: it is fun to hear about your cooking classes and how you enjoy them.
Keep doing things you enjoy and not so much time where you have to take on others messes. After alk, Happy needs to be happy! 💜

See you all later.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #319  

Morning all. Happy Friday. Rained late last night and overnight. It was still overcast this morning, with a very fine barely perceptible mist. I was able to cycle to the train station. I hope it’s dry for my ride home tonight also.

Ceejay – Glad the stomach issues are better, but sorry the arthritis is giving you pain. Is exercise good for arthritis? I know it certainly helps with muscular soreness, but not sure how it is for the joint pain caused by arthritis.

Annie – Enjoy your time with the boys this weekend. Wow, Chuckie Cheese – may the force be with you indeed!

Susie – Sounds like a rough week without an operating email/calendar system for part of it. == What a great NSV having the stamina to more of the volunteer day than you could have pre-loss. == Happy anniversary in advance! Doing anything special? == Thanks for the encouragement – I will definitely be working to turn around those lab results!!

Hellos to Happy, Shad and Dee.

==

I did a pilates-based ab workout yesterday, part of a dvd that targets abs, arms, hips, and thighs in four separate 15-minute segments. After that, I did one BE workout.

Bf installed a new light fixture at mom’s place yesterday. Today the new kitchen counters are being installed. Bf was going to install the sink and faucet after that, but a big problem came up. Bf opened the box for the sink and it was broken. It’s a granite composite material and it must have been dropped by someone at Lowe’s or in the shipping process before it got to the store. My mother is without a kitchen sink! It is not a stock item and bf may order one from Amazon… what a mess. He says my mom's place is cursed, lol.

Nothing much going on with me. Tomorrow is an Art + Wine Walk with a friend. It's in a neighborhood where I used to live. I think it’s going to be rainy though, so we'll see how this works out.

Otherwise, we have a toilet to purchase and install. What an exciting life I lead.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #320  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Last couple of day were a whirlwind. I have a freezerful of thawed meat so I am going to have to be cooking up a storm. Stopped at the grocery store Thursday to pick up things like stock and canned tomatoes and some fresh produce so I can make stuff which I will then freeze in the new freezer coming today. Thursday afternoon was bingo - a mostly quiet night except that management had the kitchen opening late and people came in at 5 expecting to eat before bingo started. That was a broo hah hah. Chaos reigns at the center. Friday morning I went into the shelter to help clean one of the cat rooms. My foot was achy so I went slow but got the job done. Then I had to figure out what to make for the bake sale the shelter is having. I just picked some cookies up from the bakery to resell - didn't have time. Then we got a call from friends who are heading back to their place in Florida in 10 days - they wanted to get together one last time so we met for dinner and went to their house afterwards. I really didn't feel like going - I was very tired, my foot hurt alot and my stomach has been sketchy for a week already but DH wanted to go and I did want to see them before they took of. I just drank ginger ale and ate lightly. Today I have to get going and get things cleared out of the way for the new freezer delivery early this afternoon. I will have to transfer the meat out of the old one - the temps are currently like a refrigerator in there but all the meat has thawed so while still good I have a big cooking job ahead of me. It's very rainy and nasty today - not a good day for people tromping through the house with heavy appliances and it's also not good for aches and pains but we will endure. Tomorrow DH and I are going to take a ride - car or ATV I'm not sure. The autumn colors have popped suddenly and thankfully today is a steady rain and not much wind so we're hoping to get some nice views before the leaves start to drop.

Laura - happy toilet or should I say THRONE shopping I hope the Art Walk is not too messed up with rain. Perhaps your Mom's place is possessed after all - sure are alot of things going wrong with it. I have sometimes wondered if there is bad juju in this house I'm in. The previous owners had a nasty ending to their marriage here and I sometimes wonder if the negativity is settled into the woodwork! Nothing like bad lab results to motivate us. I think several of us are in the same boat having to re-tweek our current situations - I find this time of year the most difficult to take off weight. We can still try though.

Susie - what great motivation to realize that you have newfound stamina after the weight loss! How nice that they let you out of the office to do something for the community. Happy 29th anniversary! Yes the years do fly by quickly - especially after 20 it seems. Hope you do something fun.

Annie- on working on the body image. We will never recapture our teenage tightness again. Focus on looking good with clothing. I understand your pot of turmoil right now with the emotions - praying for some peace for you as well. Sometimes life is just ... tough. That's when we have to look to things that keep us going. Have fun with the boys this weekend - make sure they make you laugh and smile.

Ceejay- sorry you are hurting - can you get in a pool and do some walking. I know they keep telling me that keeping the supporting muscles strong is a big help in easing the load of arthritis on the joints. I am starting to wonder if back issues are also bothering my legs. Everything is connected. Hope you feel better. Are the colors starting to turn by you yet?

Shad - so what fabulous things did you get at Bunnings? Do you have a wall full of tools? I know how much you love the home improvement store!

Time's a ticking quickly and I have lots to do so better get off the computer here. Have a good weekend ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon all
My hip has finally calmed down today although it is still sore. My sis diagnosed it to be bursitis. Kind of nice to have her around. I couldn't believe that the pain meds the doctor gave me didn't even phase it. And guess what, one Aleve did the job. I was taking two at one time. Sis says to read the label. Still going to do my vitamin, supplemental inflammation regimen.
Going to pack this afternoon as I will be spending a few days in Branson with sis this week to let her use my vehicle for work. Trying to think of some things to do as she doesn't have t.v. or cable. I will be taking some DVD's and my computer. I don't read, sigh.
Nephew came this morning to mow the lawn. I need to weed eat but just don't have the will power to do it today. I also need to finish cleaning the house. Got a lot done yesterday even though I was limping around.

-------
Annie
Sending good vibes your way. Enjoy the little boys. My nephews sons light up my life when they are here.

Happy
You are going to have a huge job cleaning out the freezer. May the force be with you.
Think I would make an appointment with the podiatrist in another city to let them examine your foot.

Susie
No gain is good with your work load this week. I'm hoping to get in some work outs next week while I'm in Branson.

Laura
Wow there is always something that goes wrong during renovations. Hope they get things resolved at your moms? Did you get the toilet issues resolved at your house?

Shad, Wave

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-07-2017 at 03:58 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #322  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Short post since I am running around like a headless chook today.

Happy anniversary Susie. Have a great day and congratulations

Happy - probably cooking up a storm. Hope all goes well and you don't lose any of the food. Guess your new freezer must be there by now.

Ceejay - glad you are feeling better and it's so kind of you to lend your sister your car while hers is on the mend.

Laura - How's the reno's going. Always something that doesn't fit, doesn't leak or doesn't look right after all. Did you decide on a new toilet?

Annie - chin up. This too shall pass. You live in such a stressful situation. Doesn't surprise me that one or both of you would go off the rails. Time for some time out just for yourselves I think.

Todays to do list isn't that long, however I have a lunch date with some old friends so that will cut into my time. I will be going into the city for that and will be taking the train. So half my day is already gone. I want to finish some weeding and trimming in the yard so I can get the junk into the green bag before it gets taken away tomorrow. I like to ensure it is full so I am getting my moneys worth on the bags. Then I really must start back on sanding and painting in the house. I have a ton of work to do there and I also need to 'bomb' the house since the critters seem to think it is time to move in for the summer. I saw a big spider on the wall earlier which indicates that the insects are coming in - otherwise spider would be working outside to rid me of the bugs.

So saying that, I'd better get on with it. It looks like rain as well so time to get moving. Back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #323  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening...

Weekend was ok. Chuck E Cheese was a lot of fun with the boys. Seems it was much better with just us than when momma Sam goes along. I bet I heard NANNA 456 times in the 2 1/2 hours we were there. Jacob ate 5 pieces of cheese pizza and Royce ate 1. I ate the topping off of two pieces. It was tasty but may of added to my constipation. Oh boy. Hopefully today things will get moving. With their winning tickets they each got a Chuck whistle and another type of toy. They had enought tickets left to get one of each for Papaw so they could all play together. LMAO.

Started Saturday off with a great AA meeting. Still celebrating my 2 year AA birthday. My first sponsor (I changed about 3 months into AA. She is a great person but a crappy sponsor) celebrated 12 years. Then home to get the boys and off to CEC. Sunday was Intergroup AA meeting then later service at 11 for church. C went fishing with his brother. Lunch with Sis and the boys after church. Running around till 3 then we came home and I crashed in the chair with Miss Sass. Sam and the boys went to a birthday party for one of Jacob's buddies at Great Times. <---birthday then off to the gaming area. No thank you. Had enough of that on Saturday. C got home around 7. We were in bed by 8:30. Here I am at work and about to start 12 pods of compliance training that is due by Friday. My boss wanted them done by last Friday but I was too busy and my day was shortened by a doc appt.

Doc appt. Cardiologist 6 month check up. My weight with clothes on was 155, he couldn't believe it. I was 207 when I had my HA. All checked out ok. I asked to be taken off the cholesterol meds as I have NEVER had an issue either before or after the HA. He concurred and now I am off of one more med. Just down to one baby aspirin, blood thinner and a blood pressure pill, which I am not sure I need to be on either. Will talk to my primary care doc next time about the BP pill. My bp was 116/63. Especially with this WL maybe that has taken care of BP. Altho a lot of BP issues are hereditary. All my family has it. I go November 9th for a nuclear treadmill test to see where the other 3-30% blocked veins are doing. The veins they did not stent. Yeah my thoughts too, you were in there once, stent those too. My understanding is they will not stent them unless they are at least 50% blocked. Sheesh.

Will try to come back for personals. My plate is full this week, awful.

Make it a great day/night. Hugs all
Old 10-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #324  

I think my laptop is possessed. Tried several times to post but it's doing weird things. ugh
I'm in Branson this week. Sis said it may take her car several days to be repaired. I'm fine with that. I have nothing else to do that is pressing for my time. I will need to get the tags for the car this month but not necessarily this week.
Every one have a good week. Going to see if I can figure out why the laptop is behaving this way.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:45 PM   #325  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Finally we have some dry weather and brilliant sunshine. I think the sump pumps have finally stopped running after about a week straight. That ALWAYS makes me very nervous when they run and run and run. Got the new freezer delivered - they came close to 5pm - several hours after they were due. They scratched my wooden kitchen floor - right next to where the guys scratched the floor when they put in my refrigerator. Good thing we are planning to replace the floor and BETTER thing that we got the appliances in first. This new freezer is the exact same but newer model of what we just replaced. It's a few inches wider and taller than the old one. Fortunately DH got the old freezer out of the furnace room and told them to leave the new one in the hobby room so all the delivery guys had to do was to get it up and down the stairs. They still needed DH's help to do even that. One guy was nice, the other a complainer. They noticed my refrigerator and commented about how that is a heavy beast to deliver. So I said to myself then I'm glad YOU didn't deliver it.

Yesterday we went out for a drive to look at colors - the light was bright because it was sunny and DH found a couple of places he wants to go in the early morning (ie. 7am ughhhh ) to get softer light. Good luck with that. It was a nice drive and we stopped at a favorite place for a breakfast lunch. I had eggs benedict my favorite and a pancake. Wanted the shrimp and grits special but by then they were out of grits and I much preferred the grits over the andouille sausage that they had plenty of. I only ate a half of my meal and was stuffed so I brought it home and that was my supper I picked at. We went to the casino at 4 - 10 times points which I rack up to pay for our prime rib dinners at the buffet I really like. DH did well at blackjack - I did ok until I decided to play some new slots machines they brought in that just steal your money away. I played about half of my intended "allowance". We came home I made DH some pasta and Italian sausage and I picked at my leftovers.

I actually have a quiet week today Today I was supposed to go to a volunteer thank you lunch for the senior center volunteers but I really don't feel like going. It's at a place that has VERY limited parking and I really don't care for the food they have there. We docked our boat there last year and ate at the restaurant about 4 times and I never once cared for anything I had to eat. I'd rather stay home as I have some cooking to get going on (ordered some freezer containers that should be delivered today) and somehow gremlins created a whole bunch of laundry even though we did about 9 loads last week. This afternoon the guys who sell fresh shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico area are coming to town. We will stop buy and get a bunch to freeze (glad I have room in the freezer) as they freeze well. We are supposed to have 5 actual days where there is no chance of rain so tomorrow DH and I are going for an ATV ride to look at colors. The colors are so much prettier if you are on the trails in the trees themselves instead of looking at them from the road.

Wednesday I have a creative writing class I started which is fun. And that reminds me that I have not done my "homework" for the last 4 days - oops Wednesday evening we are going to a dinner party our friend booked at her house. Our buddy the chef whose classes we take is doing the cooking - his primary job is catering so this should be a fun evening. Especially if I drink alot of wine And Thursday is bingo. And Friday they do comedy shows in a nearby town. It's sponsored by the Jack Links beef jerky people so it only costs $5 to get in and you get free soft drinks/water, a nice selection of the Jack Link's products and fresh warm baked cookies. Ok, so maybe there is a lot going on after all

Gad we are INUNDATED with these damn Asian Beetles. Infested. ALL OVER THE PLACE. Must be hundreds around my doors - have to sweep them away to get in the house. They are EVERYWHERE and they stink when you try and touch them to brush them away. AND they bite. We were out yesterday and they were all over the building where we had breakfast. They hitched a ride unto us in the car and all the way home we were pulling them off and pitching them out the window. Several crawled down my shirt and bit me. HATE THEM. Ugh. We need a good long freeze to get rid of them as they are in the millions looking for a warm place inside to winter over.

Annie - I'm glad that you had a good AA meeting. Going to Chuckie Cheese would just totally wipe me out. Have fun with the compliance training - ugh - get an extra shot of coffee or something - yawn!!! You have done so well with your weight loss - congratulations!!! Keto really was what you have been looking for. That is awesome on the weigh in. One of the really good benefits IS getting off all the meds - as much as possible at least. And if your high b/p was weight related then by all means ask to stop it but then again if you are fighting genetics, bah. I was only on it temporarilly with stress in Memphis - once we moved here I asked to get off of it and remained stable and monitoring it for 6 months till we got the all clear. I hope you can do the same. Is your foot feeling better with less stress on it now? I hope you have the energy to get through the busy week.

Shad - yes the freezer came and is down to temp and ready to be filled up again. But with less junk than the last time. I know better now. You are busy as ever - have the needles and pins eased up from the chemo? I hope you can get all the painting done before the humid heat and rains move in.

Ceejay - ugh hip bursitis is just awful. Maybe you should see about getting an anti inflammatory shot. It's hard to clear up on it's own. Have a good time in Branson visiting your sister.

Hellos to Laura and Susie who have probably posted by the time I post this. I will catch up later. Time's a wastin' here. Need to get cooking and flip the first load of laundry.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:50 PM   #326  

Afternoon all. Quick pop in to say hello. I'm at a conference today and tomorrow. Between sessions there are breaks - they'd like you to visit the exhibit hall and let the exhibitors chat you up - but I think I'll catch up on emails, etc.

May be back tomorrow. Til then - adios.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #327  
Annie - Indiana

and here it is Tuesday again.....summers used to be so long as a kid. Now I don't even see the seasons flash by. Except winter which lasts for two years a season. No likie it or snow. Don't know where that random thought came from, bah. Tells you where my mind is, no where in particular.

LAURA...have fun at the conference. I am not a fan of those.

HAPPY....mmmmmmmmmm, fresh shrimp. When you have the feast I will be right on up. May come up anyway, just to get away from all this crap here. Wink wink... You are always so busy. Your weeks need to be about 12 days long so you can fit some YOU time in there. Have a good time on your ATV ride. The creative writing is a happy place for you. Truly enjoy it. How is Nina doing without Meadow? Must be tough on her. The ankle is holding up nicely. Just have leg and feet cramps at night a lot. Need to up my potassium and magnesium. Mostly caused from eating KETO. Yes there it is folks...the down fall of eating Keto. lol. I get up anywhere from two to four times most nights to stomp around to get the cramps out.

SHADDIE...POST A PIC OF YOUR HAIR.....hope the reno is going well and getting done soon. I need some things like that to do around my house to get me out of my own head. Cause my head is a very very scary place!!

CEEG...hope the hip is giving you some relief. Maybe ask the doc about a cortisone shot in the hip. It does wonders.

SUSIE...hope you week of exercise and getting back on track is going better this week. REMEMBER to take care of YOU first. Great pics on FB of you and DH celebrating your anniversary! Any special plans for the 30th next year?

Sitting in the living room (open floor plan) and all the sudden the auto ice maker shoots out 3 ice cubes onto the floor. Ok hello Mike, Mom and Dad. Then a few minutes later another cube shoots out. Another minute another cube shoots out. Grandma and grandpa?? I had to laugh at the possessed ice maker and myself cause I yell over to the fridge, ok, I hear you and I see your efforts. I love you too. I think maybe I have completely lost my mind. I mean tomorrow is Michael's birthday afterall. Celebrating early? lol.

I made Keto sausage balls last night. OMGosh they are addicting. So freaking good. 1.3 net carbs per ball if you make 24. I made 28 out of the recipe. Samantha and Curtis said they were the bomb. Yes I ate them for my dinner. Like 6 of them. Could of kept eating them. I will post the recipe in a bit.

For dinner tomorrow when Pia comes I am going to make my keto fried chicken. Not sure what else to fix at the moment but while discussing it with Samantha, Jacob pipes up and says that I should make some mac n cheese. lol. Probably should fill that request. Sam will make her Asian salad or ramen noodle slaw as some know it. Have to figure out what else to make. Maybe roasted brussel sprouts. Kind of getting excited to fix dinner for us all. Easier when I know WHAT to fix instead of coming home and trying to come up with something.

Everyone have a wonderful day/evening. Hope, strength and love to all.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #328  
Annie - Indiana

We are in 4th quarter. Past time to start new thread.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #329  

Today I'm happy, grateful and blessed, and mostly healthy.

Annie
Ouch on those infections. Hope you are feeling better today. I'm curious about the ramen noodle slaw!

Happy
Keep those beetles up there. We had them here this summer. Did you have shrimp for dinner?

Laura
Hope your conference is going okay.

Susie and Shad, hello

-------
Not much going on in my little world. Still in Branson.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #330  

Afternoon all. Back from the conference and happy to have kept up with email while I was there and don’t have to wade through much now that I’m back in the office.

Ceejay – Gosh, no cable or TV at your sister’s place?! I hope you’re keeping yourself busy and out of trouble. == Nice that you’re loaning your car to your sis. ==How is your hip feeling? I’m not surprised it complained about that 3 mile hike you took!

Annie – LOL re the Chuckie Cheese outing. How cute the boys got toys for Papaw so they could all play together. Too cute. Ugh, how’s the compliance training? I did one last Friday and with do the other this Friday. We get a couple per quarter. == Great checkup with the cardiologist! I hope all that weight loss is good enough to get you off the bp med. I’m surprised how quickly September went and now how quickly October is going. == Those leg & foot cramps sound awful! You need to get on some supplements or start eating bananas. == LOL re your possessed ice maker! You need to have an exorcism.

Happy – Glad you made it through that period of wet weather with no sump pump problems. Enjoy the sunny days while you can before the wet weather returns – did you enjoy the ATV ride today? == Yum, shrimp. Don’t be surprised to see me (and Annie) on your doorstep! == Yes, your week sounds busy, but I’m glad you have a lot of fun stuff going on, not just the volunteer stuff. == Ick, the Asian beetle invasion sounds awful! Ugh, down your shirt and everything.

Shad – The toilet went in fine. It flushes really well and seems to use a lot less water. And is quieter. And fills quickly. Maybe the water bill will go down?? No fancy features though, but that’s okay. Now bf wants to buy a new one for the half bath… The wallet needs to recover first. == Mom’s reno's went well. Counters went in on Friday. New (unbroken) sink was delivered on Sunday and installed by bf yesterday. New faucet too. Now to shop for the WHITE electric stove mom wants. The current one is black and mom hates it. Also, the previous owner didn’t clean out the oven and my mom won’t stop complaining about it. Can’t wait for a new stove to make her forget all about that!! == How was lunch with the friends? == Ugh, more critters – you have them and Happy has them. We have our usual autumnal invasion by the squirrels in our backyard – they go nuts over our acorns – nuts, get it? Wait, maybe an acorn isn’t really a nut, so my pun is no good. Huh. Anyway, they have laid waste to the yard burying all their treasure, and they aren’t finished yet!

Hellos to Susie and Dee!
==
The art & wine walk on Saturday was fun, though it was windy and there was a period of heavy rain and then just regular rain. We met some nice people. Not only artists but live music at a couple places. Also hit a candy store that was next door to one of the wine stops. I sampled some sinfully decadent caramel and toffee and purchased a piece of each for bf. I drank a good bit of wine and B drove us back to her house, where I stayed for a bite to eat and get sober before I drove myself home.

Bf got the toilet installed over the weekend. Didn’t do much on Sunday, but I did get some weeds pulled and emptied out the hanging flower baskets. Also did laundry.

Conference was fine. Lucky I could fit into my suit yesterday. Also lucky I could fit into the dress pants I wore today. Must.lose.weight. I began logging my food again last Monday, so it's a start.

Want to just go home and sloth out tonight (the little networking I did has worn me out), but I really should get down in the basement and do some exercise.

Okay, better post this before it gets any later.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-10-2017 at 05:38 PM.