Old 08-29-2017, 07:53 AM   #181  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Trying to get out of the whoa is me attitude. Hard to do some days. I know I am not ok.

Thank you ladies for all the love and support. This has to be the worst thing I have been through since my first marriage.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #182  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Whatever it is Annie, I hope it sorts itself out soon. I'm aware that we are strong and vibrant people but there is just so much a body can take. Let us know if we can help.

Hi everyone. Sat up watching a movie and should have gone to bed ages ago. Ruger came through his procedure okay. I haven't heard much in the way of results or causes yet. Maybe tomorrow DS2 will get around to telling me. Apparently there was yeast in the ears. From where or what I don't know. Anyway, I had better get into my lovely warm bed and sleep. 5.30am will come soon enough. Sunday the cat is still here, but I don't know for how much longer. Doesn't want to eat, and when she does, much of it comes back, sleeps a lot, drinks a lot and even worse has been very quiet today. She is never normally quiet.

Bed Shad. Get OFF the computer.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #183  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello ladies,

Anne It's not unusual when bad things happen that you question WHY ME - especially when you otherwise feel you are a good and kind person and you try to do the right things. I think it's just a natural feeling, especially when you look around and see that other people "deserve" worse than they are getting. I'm sorry you are feeling that way, I'm sure it is well justified. Is there anyone you can talk with - perhaps someone from your support group? Know that we love you and care about you too.

Shad - sadly it sounds as if maybe Miss Sunday the cat may be approaching her last days. I think they tend to stop eating when they are just tired of the world. It is a sad thing - her heart may be tiring out as well. DH took Nina in for her wellness checkup yesterday. She too had a yeast infection in her ears. The treatment is either a week of fighting with her to get ear drops in every day for 8 days or this other one dose, quicker acting stuff. They did the one dose. She came home not a happy camper at all - has been hiding under the bed upstairs all evening. She peeked at the top of the stairs and when I attempted to come up, she ran and hid again. Poor thing is not comfortable at all. I would not like ear drops either... I left her food and water so that she can at least get some sustenance. Don't know how she got a yeast infection either so we can both guess and come up short??? Why are you getting up at 5:30am if you are retired??? Other than you have always been a morning person.

Ceejay - that is awful about your nephew breaking his leg! I assume this is not the one who has been helping out at your house? Did you have a nice birthday? Happy belated birthday wishes

Hi Susie are you getting things done so you can enjoy the weekend off with DH?

So Laura - who has the better corn - Illinois or Michigan? We have blueberry farms up north in Wisconsin - you pick your own types but I did get blueberries from Michigan from the peach truck and I have to say those were huge and sweet and wonderful. Either of them blows away the stuff in the stores. How is your foot feeling? I did get the Kuru lace up sneaker type shoes. They feel like Frankenstein shoes - a bit bigger than some of the more form fitting shoes like Sketchers but that's probably because of the added padding in them. Just wore them for about an hour yesterday. They felt ok. At least they don't rub like the moccasin type slip ons did. I will have to wear them a bit more and will report back. Do you wear orthotics in your shoes? I can't remember. Are you hoping for an early dismissal from work on Friday?

I am supposed to work at the shop this afternoon to fill in and work with with friend of mine. Got a call last night from one of my other friends who works the Tuesday morning shift. There is a guy who buys books from us and resells them at a higher price at a flea market stall in town. He was grumbling last month when we raised prices. Now I come to find for the last 3 weeks (I haven't been working on Tuesdays when he comes in) that he announced that the price increases DID NOT APPLY TO HIM because he donates books to us. What??? Can you believe it? And he also was not adhering to the 10 book limit we have in place to keep the booksellers from clearing out our shelves. All this was going on and not one person decided to question him or anyone who is a decision maker in the store. Cheating the animals makes me very ANGRY We have plenty of people who buy our books, pay the listed prices and re-donate the books back to us when they have finished reading them because they want to support our cause. I talked to the person who is leading the book team last night - she said that was utter nonsense as I thought. So I fired off an email to all the cashiers last night. I expect he will come in today although I think the flea market closed for the season yesterday. He comes in the morning so now I have to spend my entire day at the shop. Does not make me happy. What a clown!!!

Anyway that doesn't leave me much time here to do things so I'd better post this and go get showered and ready to leave. Have a good one ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:18 PM   #184  

Morning all.

Happy – I’m glad you’ve scheduled some time away for you and DH. It’ll be nice to have a break for your busyness with the volunteer activities. == Your farm dinner sounded so tasty – a lot of creativity with the flavors. == Poor Nina – I hope the quick-acting med is quick and effective! We haven’t tried the other corn yet, so I don’t know who wins yet. == Re Kuru shoes – I’ll have to find a store where I can try them on. All the shoes that have a lot of support are Frankenstein-like. That’s just the way it is. I‘m currently wearing my New Balance sneakers with my custom orthotics, as well as the rigid carbon fiber plate in the shoe for the bad foot (right one). So much for the expensive OTC insole I bought when I bought the new shoes… == The official closing time for Friday is 3:00 pm, but yes, I’m hoping for an earlier dismissal than that. == What a nervy jerk that flea market book seller is! . And I’m going to assume that the volunteers at the shop are of a more mature age and shouldn’t be afraid to respond with something like “I’m not aware of this, I’m going to have to check with someone.” If he got angry and didn’t patronize the shop anymore, I imagine no one would feel it was a great loss. I hope he came into the shop today so you could set him straight.

Susie – I didn’t know about not bending over with the head lower than the heart after a dental procedure. Then it was good I gave up on the weeding after a short time… == Any special plans for the 3-day weekend?

Ceejay – My foot is on week three of being sorer than it had been before that. I’m getting frustrated about this. == How’s the nephew with the broken leg doing?

Annie – I’m so sorry you’re going through a rough time right now. We’re all here for you. Get in touch if you want to talk.

Shad – Glad to hear Ruger got through the procedure okay. == Poor Sunday. It sounds like her time with you is getting short. == Okay, what have you got going on at 5:30 am when you’re retired????!!!! Oh, just saw that Happy asked the same question, lol.

--

I rode my bike home in the rain after work yesterday, it wasn’t raining hard or anything, so no biggie. I didn’t have my helmet because I forgot to wear it that morning. No problems, I was extra cautious.

The oh-so-tall goldenrod in my mish-mash flower bed are finally turning golden!

What else? Nothing much. Foot still bugging me.

Oh, I have a good amount of vacation time to use up, just have to decide how I want to use it. I’ve been avoiding the fix-ups for the half bath, so I guess I’ll just allot several vacation days to that. In fact, I think I want to start back on that this weekend.

I’m just torn about how much I want to re-do. It all started with us replacing the old tall medicine cabinet with a new tall medicine cabinet. This was because bf didn’t want to reframe the wall to fit a smaller cabinet. In fact, just about everything he did is because it was easier for him. Where he removed the old-school inset soap dishes (right above the sink) and the tp holder, he didn’t patch the openings in the wall with pieces of drywall, he just used something akin to giant band-aids. So now there’s a good-sized blank space above the sink, and the medicine cabinet is above that, and then the light fixture is above that - way up there near the ceiling. It looks goofy to me. I’m thinking I want to replace the new cabinet (which was pricey!) with a smaller (shorter) one. Then move the light fixture lower. The gap on the wall above the sink would still be there, which bugs me. However, it was pointed out to me that we really couldn’t move the cabinet much lower anyway because the sink faucet has a bit of a high curve to it, and we couldn’t have the cabinet too low or it couldn’t open without hitting the faucet. It would be a lot of work to only move the cabinet a few inches lower. So that’s out. Anyway, I’m creating a lot of work for myself because of this, but it really does bother me. So I’ll do it. I might just hire a handyman type of person to do that part. The rest of it I could tackle on my own. I think...

Okay, enough rambling. I’ll get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:38 PM   #185  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

We had a lot of rain in Ohio today, but then again it is nothing like Texas has been getting. When I see the pictures and hear the stories it seems unreal. I can't imagine what those people are going through.

I have decided I'm taking a vacation day on Friday. It will most likely be a half vacation day and I'll be using some OT that I have this week to flex in for the other half. However you slice it I will be off the whole day.

I need to take one of the cars in for a oil change and also a couple of recall notices. I then plan to take a couple of the fall/winter dress pants I bought last January and see if they can be altered or do I need to go buy all new ones again for fall.

We have a pretty busy weekend planned. Saturday is hair appointment, the twins nieces have their Karate Black Belt tests. After that we are taking DH's father to do some shoe shopping and out to dinner. Sunday will be at home and church. Monday we are meeting a friend for a early movie and lunch.

Annie: Still praying for you. Whatever it is that you are dealing with, you know that God is with you and you have to go through the phases of the recovery when they come...you can't go to the next step until you complete the step where you are. Love you Sister Friend!

Ceejay: I cringed when I read that your nephew broke his leg. Poor kid!

Shad: Glad to hear that Ruger came out ok. Any idea why he had yeast in the ears. I don't know much about dogs and issues like that.

Happy: That guy who buys the books all up and thinks he gets a discount because he is a regular customer should be thanked for his support to the shelter and asked if he realizes when he is asking for that discount because he is a "regular" and he resales them for more for his profit, he is negating the his support to the shelter...and of course say it with a smile on your face, while in the back of your mind you are thinking..."you no good jerk!".

Sorry...my evil side just came out with that remark! Lol

Laura: The bathroom reno you are doing sounds like a lot of work to me. I would have to be off work for something like that so I could have time to see and think the project through while the work is going on.

We are planning on having a storm door, one of the full glass kind installed in a few weeks. We haven't had on on the front door since we lived here. It is time for the front door to be painted and new weather stripping and such so we decided to go ahead and have the storm door installed too.

My contractor will paint the door that is there--it needs touched up. He asked me if I want it painted white as it is now or a different color. I have no idea..so I need to head to Lowes and see what colors I might like if I don't want to leave it white.

Our home is brick and we have black shutters enhancing the windows on the side--they are fake shutters..they are decorative only. I don't know what color I would do if I didn't do white.

If anyone has input I would love it.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:39 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I am going to try one more time. I'm disappointed that my tablet has crashed.
Not much is going on except that my stomach gave me fits on Sunday and part of Monday. My sis said it sounded like a gallbladder attack. I just hope it wasn't.
For the month of September i'm taking care of my digestive health and exercise.

Happy
I have two nephews, both my sisters sons. Thankfully the orthopedist didn't put a full cast on and told him to wear that boot. He's been working because he doesn't have any sick leave and used his vacation time. That book dealer sure was bold. Maybe he scouted out the store and knew you were not there on Tuesday's.

Annie
Hope you get to feeling better. We miss you.

Laura
I'd take my time on the renovation and make sure what you want. I've made to many fast judgement only to have to redo them. Hope they can find out what is wrong with your foot.

Susie
My nephew is 37! We have all been concerned about him. He's had pity on himself and that didn't help but think he's turning the corner.

Shad
Sad that Miss Sunday is not feeling well. Bet you will be glad to get your bathroom back.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-30-2017 at 12:40 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #187  

Morning all. The admin isn’t here today, and the other two are still out of the office, so I’m on my own today. I don’t mind at all. In fact, the admin has become overly chatty lately and it's sort of a relief to get a break from it. I'll have to figure out a way to nip it though...

Susie – It really is awful what Texas - and now Louisiana? - are going through. So sad. == How nice you’ll have a 4-day weekend! Sounds like you’ve already got it filled up with activities. What movie do you think you’ll see? == Good idea to have a storm door installed – I’m sure it saves on the weathering of the main door. And in mild weather, you can have the main door open and nice light comes in through the storm door. Our storm door has a hidden screen that rolls down from the top, and that’s a nice thing to have in the warm weather. == As for changing the color of your front door… with the brick and the black, it seems like you could certainly change to something other than white, but what color are your window frames, and your garage door (if it’s visible from the front)? We did a deep mahogany color for our front door and garage door, and it’s a nice contrast against the brick. Our windows and gutters and storm door are a very neutral sandstone, so it seems to work. Good idea to go to the home improvement store and take a look at what’s on display. Or just drive around your neighborhood.

Ceejay – Sorry you’re having so much trouble with this site (and your tablet). I hope you don’t have a gallbladder issue!! Good to pay attention to what you eat and take note of what types of food cause you problems. == Good advice to think some more about the half bath renovation. This is already a redo from what bf did, I sure wouldn’t want to put more work into another redo and not like it. And now I wonder if just changing the paint color would be enough for me. We went with a warmer color, but in the end what we chose clashes with the color of our pedestal sink and toilet and it’s just too strong for me. Maybe that’s the answer.

Hellos to the rest of you.

=

I did a kettlebell workout last night. It was a good workout and got my heart pumping and the sweat flowing. I couldn’t do the front and rear lunge moves because of my foot. My legs are a bit sore already and I’m sure it will increase as the day goes on. The soreness sort of feels good because at least I know there are muscles there, and is a sign I’m getting stronger. This dvd also has a core workout I look forward to doing. I recall from the kettlebell class I took years ago, it worked my legs and my core really well.

There’s a notice posted near the bike rack that announced a bike rack shelter will be built next to the existing bike racks. It will have solar lighting. I don’t care all that much about a shelter – it won’t make me want to ride year-round or any longer than I already do. But… if it expands the amount of parking for bikes, that’s a good thing. I believe there will also be shelters built near the other bike racks that exist near the train tracks. I guess it’s a good thing, and it might encourage more people to ride their bikes to the train instead of driving. The funding is coming from a grant from the Federal government.

What else? I have a hair appointment after work today.

I think that’s about it, so I’ll get this posted.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #188  

I slept in a little later than normal. It felt good. Stomach is much better today.
Had a good work good work out yesterday at the gym.
One year ago today I retired. Feeling blessed.

Laura
Ouch on the foot problems. I truly understand. I'm still debating on making an appointment with the podiatrist to get my bunion taken care of. I'm having to baby it again.

Susie
Good for you in taking some time off from work. We had clouds yesterday and was curious as if they were from Harvey.

Happy
What you doing this week end?
Old 08-31-2017, 07:26 AM   #189  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

One day at a time.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:33 AM   #190  

Morning all. Why does it feel like it should be Friday?? Oh well. Happy Thursday to you.

Ceejay – Wow, already a year has passed since you retired! You sure seem to be enjoying it and you don’t sound bored at all, so happy anniversary and may you have many more!

Annie – Yep, one day at a time. Hang tough.

Hellos to the rest of you.

--

Well, the dealership finally fixed the AC problem with our SUV. Strange how bf was in such a tizzy the night before last about how to get the car taken care of and I come home yesterday to find it sitting in the driveway.

The issue we had was that the dealer we had taken our vehicle to has a very small service department – one mechanic and one service writer. And they had turnover with the service writer position. Trying to take it to another dealer was an issue because of some mechanic's union strike that’s affecting a lot of the area dealerships. The next move for bf was to take the car to the Ford dealership (they could work on Lincolns, which is what we have). But bf didn't have to do that. It turns out that when another service writer quit last week, the dealership had to get the service manager at the sister Ford dealer across the street (owned by the same company) to help out. So the AC is now all fixed, as well as a recall brake issue. They were going to try to bill us another $100 deductible on the warranty, but bf refused – we had to take it in three times to get the same AC problem fixed, that’s not a new issue! And there would have been no cost related to the recall item anyway. So no payment was made. Anyway, that’s done. Thank goodness for that extended warranty we bought. We'll be using another dealer next time, but I hope next time doesn’t occur anytime soon, and certainly not until after the strike is over!

I had my hair appointment last night, and that was about it.

Oh wait, forgot to mention the missing title to our scooter. When we bought it a few years ago, bf did the paperwork to have the title transferred to our name. Apparently the title came in the mail, but bf had it sitting around in the mail basket for a while. (Yes, the mountainous mail basket that he spent hours cleaning out a couple months ago.) Of course, he cannot remember what happened to it. It only occurred to him to ask me about it last night - several years later and months after he visited the safe deposit box for something else (when he noted that the scooter title was not in the box). So last night he's asking me about it, and I don't have a clue or any memory of being asked to do something with the !@#$ title. If it had come up, I certainly wouldn't have let it sit around just anywhere. If I were putting it somewhere temporarily there would only be one or two spots where I would put it (they've been checked, and it isn't there). But since it's bf, it could be just about anywhere. And now he's beefing about having to pay a $95 fee for a duplicate. Arrrgh. I'm thinking it unintentionally got tossed when he went through his mail basket. Sigh.

Okay, off to post. Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:44 PM   #191  

Didn't go to the gym today. I was in a mood to clean and I got a lot done. I've set a goal of 150 minutes per week and I'm almost there!

Laura
Hope the bf can find the title to the scooter. You mentioned taking the car to the dealership. I need to take mine soon to get the oil changed. I had Walmart do it last time and they can't reset the maintenance ready light. Ugh.

Annie
One day at a time is all we do. Hope things are getting better for you.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:45 AM   #192  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone. I an glad itnis Friday and my day off. I do have a lot going on today with all my errands but it will be nice to go about getting things done.

I am a bit upset with myself as I had a gain at TOPS last night. I know it happens but I am not happy with myself as I just wasn't paying attention and sticking to what brought me to the dance so to speak and that is, you can't out exercise a bad diet. So, today I go back to that frame of mine.

Annie: yes, one day at a time. Don't borrow anything from tomorrow and you cant go back and change yesterday. Hugs and prayers Sister Friend.

Laura: my window frames are white and the garage door is white. We also have white vinyl railing on the porch. I am going to consider burgundy for the door....I will go look at that in a store.

Your kettle bell workouts sound like intense workouts. It feels good to master a tough workout.

I think it sounds like the title is lost,I know when I dont keep that paper work filed it is very easy to misplace things. Bf only has himself to blame for it.

Ceejay: I am glad to hear your stomach settled down and you feel better.

It is hard to believe that a whole year had gone by since you retired. I think you have done very well adjusting to it.

Time to get my workout done for the day and then get a shower. I have to have the car to the dealer at 10.

It is only supposed to be a high of 61 today in Ohio. It will put me in the mood to start a bit of fall clothes shopping or at least looking. I am checking out Kohls and JC Penny today.

Hi to Happy and Shad.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 09-01-2017 at 06:47 AM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #193  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Happy September already. The year is flying by. Cooler temperatures on the horizon for us - dipped into highs of the 60s after this weekend and forties and even upper 30's at night. It's bringing out some brilliant reds on the trees though. I think we might see some great colors for our trip in 10 days. (2 day getaway up north). We will try and take the boat out on Sunday - although traditionally the lakes are pretty busy on this upcoming holiday weekend with everyone waving the last hurrah of summer up here.

Sorry I haven't been in here. Crazy busy. I'd start to read posts and get interrupted before my coffee cup emptied. Tuesday I worked at the shop, went in early - about an hour after opening. The man who refused to pay the listed price for books was waiting for the ladies to open the shop. He went in the back, brought a whole bunch of $2 and $3 hardcovers to the front and demanded to pay $1 for them - said the new prices didn't apply to him. I had already spoken to both cashiers the night before and warned them about him. One lady cowered and ran in the back to avoid conflict and the other - my friend - politely and firmly stood up to him - she was a middle school teacher. The guy was upset and then one busy body we have came up to the front of the shop and started making a commotion about how this guy was excluded from the price increase (that has been in effect all month). This only agitated the guy further and he walked out vowing to never return and he was giving all his money to someone else. I didn't say anything to the volunteer when I came in - she avoided me. She had no place sticking her nose into things, she thinks she runs the store and is quite disruptive. But I did talk to the president, said this has gone far enough and both cashiers at the store agreed she made an inappropriate and unnecessary scene and had no business doing what she did. We will see if that gets handled. This one constantly ignores directives, does what she wants and although she does do alot, she is a constant disruptive force. Maybe we should just give discounts to everyone (on top of our ridiculously low prices) and to heck with the animals?? Then there was a rash of back and forth calls from the Senior Center who is unsure of what their schedule is and when I should be volunteering. I should not be the one to remind them of their meetings and seminars. There is a handy invention called "... a calendar" for those things I also attending a few video conferences on the shelter software. Some of the updates they want will cost money. It happens. I am also peeking to see just how much they actually use the software and that takes time and efforts. And then there is bingo. I said when my partner left for his vacation that I felt it was going to be a very disruptive time and I was just going to go with the flow... So yesterday I came in, fortunately we had another guy come in to help us. We are getting ready and the bingo caller who generally comes in about 30 minutes ahead of time was no where to be found. It's getting closer to the start time and he's still not there. I look in my book of reference numbers and he's not in there!! Fortunately his wife plays bingo so we had her contact him. Turns out that he needed to work overtime last night. He knew ahead of time and called D's house and left a message but ... D is in Europe on a boat. I announced that we might have to skip the early games to the horror of the bingo players and my own personal horror of refunding money and 60 spoiled bingo books that we'd have to take a loss on since people often mark up their cards with the game patterns ahead of time. At the last minute T who came in to help said he was nervous but could / would call the bingo games. Whew what a relief! He did a great job. They got a hold of the other guy who was able to leave work earlier than he planned and came in about 10 minutes after the start of the regular games. Then about 10 minutes into the last game before intermission I noticed 2 people escorting one of our elderly gentlemen out of the bingo room. He didn't look good, I asked what was wrong - they said he was having problems seeing. I immediately asked if he had diabetes (low blood sugar causes blurry vision). He also just got out of the hospital a few days ago with fluid build up for heart issues. His wife was crying. His young grandson was hysterical on the phone that grandpa fell and was very sick and his family members were buh-DEE buh-DEE - grandpa is a stubborn gent. OK BUT where is he? What's going on? Should I call an ambulance??????? Talk to me. I went out in the parking lot to look for grandpa - thought they might have taken him to his car but it turns out they took him in the men's room for some odd reason. There is no chair in the rest room other than the toilet seat One of the bingo players told me she was a Certified Nursing Assistant but was hesitant to approach grandpa without permission. SO I asked his wife and she said - can they check his blood sugar? So C goes to check on him, meanwhile one of the grandson's comes back and tells me that grandpa is sweating profusely and not looking good. Well for heaven's sake CALL 911 emergency already. "Oh grandpa won't like that". Well he's not stroking out or dying on my watch baby! Blurry vision is one thing but I'm not messing with sweating on a 90 year old guy with heart issues. So we call emergency - the ambulance is literally just across the parking lot from where we are located. Still it takes them a few minutes to show up and when they do they are kinda taking their time diddling around in the parking lot for some odd reason. I finally said to them - guys I think you might want to HURRY UP please - we have a 90 year old man with heart issues with blurry vision and sweating profusely. So they yelled a code and hurried in there. So they go in and start treating him. Meanwhile bingo is still rolling along so we shut the door to the hallway and pretended nothing unusual was going on. They finished the last game, got grandpa in the ambulance and as we hit the break I tried to stop all the smokers rushing out the door for their cigarette fix as I was not sure if they were done with grandpa yet. Never try to stand in the way of a smoker who has gone 60 minutes without a cigarette I thought it was sort of comical that the smokers were gathered at the front entrance smoking 8 feet away from the ambulance. Turns out that grandpa had low blood sugar issues - heart was ok. I said "why didn't you give him a cookie when he said he was getting woozy when you know he's a diabetic?". They said cuz he's a stubborn old cuss and refuses to eat. I was frankly sort of taken aback by their general nonchalance. Apparently they know him better than I do and he is an avid bingo player and was mad he missed it last week because he was in the hospital and wasn't about to give up his seat last night. Because the bingo caller was related to grandpa (it's a whole family who plays) we took a longer than usual intermission. We usually do a 50/50 cash raffle at intermission and yesterday I had a second prize giveaway - a pretty hand crocheted afghan. First winner gets to pick their prize, most people take the money first (50 percent of the tickets we sell). And then we draw tickets for any extra prizes we have. So the first ticket is drawn, person wants the money. Second ticket is drawn - it's this curmudgeon guy who only wants the money. I go to give him the afghan - he says he wants the money, I tell him someone else got the money he says too bad - I want the money. I said you can choose between this afghan or NOTHING. He says he wants the money. So I told him he has to wrestle Marge for the cash I am drawing another ticket for the afghan. The third ticket winner was delighted to have such a pretty blanket. Then we are late getting out of there and we are trying to close up and there is a cluster of ladies having a coffee clutch in the corner. I had to tell them 4 times - we are shutting the doors - let's move this along please. After the 3rd time then they decide they all need to use the toilet before they go so that's another 30 minutes we had to wait. I was ready to lock them into the facility for night. So this is my life, I could not make this stuff up even if I tried and I have a pretty vivid imagination.

Let me post this and I'll come back for personals.

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-01-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #194  

Morning all. Happy Friday. Our office closes at 3 pm today, but of course we’re all hoping for an earlier dismissal. We’ve all been spoiled by getting the day off on the Monday before July 4th, and all the various other pre-holiday early closures, so of course we hope for one today.

Ceejay – Great goal of 150 minutes per week of exercise! Any special weekend plans?

Susie – I know we’ve all said for ourselves or others “Oh, it’s just one week, I’ll/you’ll do better next week.” But it’s good that you didn’t just take this gain lightly and that you identified what made you gain and what you’ll do about it. == I bet burgundy would look good on the door – how do you think it would look against the color of your brick? == Re the kettlebells – yes, actually that was the toughest class I ever took, and the dvd workout the other night was tough too. I guess it’s the combination of the weight and all the squats. == Enjoy your extra day off work!!!

Happy – Wow, what a lot of drama at the shop and at bingo! I bet your buddy on vacation in Europe will be happy to have missed all the bingo “excitement” last night. I think that family with the diabetic grandpa – the whole lot of them – should be banned for a couple weeks just for being such fools, but then again, they bring money to the Senior Center… And what about the guy who insisted on money instead of the blanket??!! Yikes what a group. They sure take their gambling seriously. Was your dh there to make sure no harm came to you? Seems like the type of crowd that could get ugly, LOL. == I hope you’re able to get out on the boat this weekend. You must be looking forward to your getaway after yesterday!

Hellos to Annie and Shad.

==

Nothing much to report. The boss and I didn’t have any interaction yesterday, so he must be trying to catch up from his time out of the office.

After work I did an ab sculpting Pilates workout (Mari Winsor dvd). It was a tough one. Thanks to the library sales, I believe I now have 3 Mari Winsor dvds. The other two dvds (more general Pilates-focused) seem to be very similar. Once I’ve done each of them again, I’ll figure out any significant differences - if any - and maybe weed one of them out by donating it back to the library.

I think I’ve gotten myself hooked on those Hallmark channel murder & mystery movies. Last night I watched part of one I’d recorded on another day. This particular series is done for now and will come back in January. I was feeling tired, so I went to bed early. I ended up watching my recorded episode of “Younger” on the bedroom tv. That’s gone to the #1 spot on my guilty tv viewing pleasure list. It used to be “My Big Fat Fabulous Life”, but the last season ended and there’s been no announcement about it coming back (it’s on TLC). And I’m not sure it should return. The series started off with this woman wanting to get back to dancing and seemingly wanting to lose weight and get healthy so she could do it, but in subsequent seasons all that disappeared. The situations they throw her into (yeh, it’s supposedly a reality show, but all the stories must certainly be cooked up by the producers) have gotten so ludicrous, it’s just a stupid show. And I understand she’s into this body acceptance cause, which makes me now understand what the show has chosen to display - or not - about her life, e.g., they never show her eating anymore, or talking about eating sensibly. I think body acceptance is all well and good, but this woman is so overweight she can’t really move/dance all that much and I can tell she just isn’t that healthy – she can’t do some things on her own, gets winded just walking short distances, etc. Her life is NOT fabulous! I really want to see her turn things around. Have any of you ever watched that show?? If so, what did you think?

Okay, enough rambling. I hope everyone has a great weekend. TTFN.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #195  
Choose your hard

so between my post and now I have dealt with a few phone calls. There are problems with several of the overhead lights at the shop. We have had people jury rig the lights, that makes me nervous because I don't want the store to burn down again. Finally someone agrees to have a real electrician look at the problem so I had to document the issues and try and translate from girl speak to something an electrician who never set foot in the store would understand. Life is much easier when you are flakey and irresponsible

They decided to put the summer clothes on sale (good idea) so now I have to go in and pull and mark the summer clothes because the person who usually does this is on a boat in Europe with D. And the other person is working this weekend. So guess who gets to do this??? And I have to go back there again tonight to close out the register because the 2 substitute ladies working don't know how to close and don't want to learn.

I am still hoping to get out on the boat with DH on Sunday.

Susie - you are so right about not being able to exercise off a bad diet. I also find that as the weather turns cooler, the weight is harder to get off - it's like nature knows winter is coming and is trying to store things. I hope you can come up with a nice accent color for your house. Good luck with the errand run today.

Ceejay- I cannot believe an entire year has passed since you retired already!!! Boy that flew by quickly. Glad you are happy and managing well financially - that and health are peoples' 2 biggest fears about retirement.

Annie- to you. Hope you are muddling through things as best as you can. Take some time to enjoy the holiday with the kids or go shopping for nice fall stuff or something fun.

Oh Laura - your BF and my DH sound like brothers from another mother Actually I think they all think the same way. Sometimes I rummage through the garbage because he just tosses things out without asking. What a snafu with getting the SUV fixed. I am starting to think that one should purchase a car from the largest dealership in the area - you get better service.

Just got another phone call - the humane society stickers I ordered are in at the printer. Can I pick them up today? Oh sure... let me add them to my growing list of things to do that I didn't plan on doing. Maybe the laundry fairy and the house fairy will come and do things here for me.

Better post this. Have a good weekend peeps.