Old 08-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #136  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

It was a very overcast and rainy day here in Ohio. Looking out the window at work it looked like a fall sky. It was humid here though. Still, I feel that we will have a early fall.

I did get my workout in today. It does so much for my frame of mind.

Annie: I'm glad to hear that Sassy will get her stitches out very soon. I'm sure she will feel much better.

It is good that your son is losing weight. I hope he doesn't have gallstones. I had them when I was 21 and had my gallbladder out. I had that done before the laparoscopy surgery was available. Still when I work up, I remember asking me how I felt an despite the big incision, I felt so much better, that dull ache in my back was gone.

You said you didn't know when you would find the time for Kings Island. There are still weekends into October and the rides will run, most of them. They are also bringing Winterfest back this year. I'm not sure what all is planned with that, but I will let you know.

You asked how much more weight I want to loose. I plan to loose at least a total of 100 lbs and I have lost 75 total with TOPS. My goal weight is 180 and I'm 238 now . My goal weight dictates what is called my KOPS status. It stands for Keep of Pounds Sensibly.

Happy: Did the appliances arrive?

Laura: I am sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. I hope resting today helps you to avoid being sick.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:37 AM   #137  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

Appliances delivered and installed. The delivery guys were nice and competent but they did scratch the wood floor, dinked the door frame taking out the old refrigerator and they also scratched (lightly) the left door on the new refrigerator because they had a hard time putting it back on. They had to take the doors off to get the thing in the house.

They said it takes about 24 hours for the refrigerator to come to full temperature and they are right with that. It's 39 degrees now at 8am and it got installed at 1pm yesterday. I did fill it with stuff that needs to be cold but not as sensitive as dairy which I kept in the Yeti cooler. I'm going to try and trim back what I keep in there - especially condiments. I don't have as much room as the old refrigerator (especially door space) so I'm trying to keep things neat and limit what I keep upstairs to stuff that I use on a weekly basis. The stove has a double oven which I like. It's made for short people!

Today we are taking a drive to Duluth to look at campers. I think DH is warming up to the idea. I noticed this past weekend leaves are starting to turn and the hummingbirds are starting to gather together to feed before the long trip south for the winter.

Susie - congrats on your success with the weight loss. What a wonderful accomplishment, especially when you are so busy with life in general.

Laura - I hope you are feeling better today. Sometimes it's just a passing 24 hour thing. Isn't it funny - we buy throat lozenges and then when we need them again, they are about or just past expiration.

Annie - I hope DS does not need GB surgery. He's had enough of a hard time.

Sorry I can't do more with personals. DH is nagging me about getting out of here early. Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #138  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello, so far the day has been super crazy. Just glad I got the report out in time for the CC this afternoon.

Last night's dinner was cheeseburger with 3 kinds of cheese (colby, swiss and monterey Jack). Oh so good. Then I sauteed yellow squash, bell pepper, onion and carrots of course in butter with just the right seasonings. Also made corn on the cob, which is not keto so I only had a bite. Very sweet. It was hard not to eat it. My son brought it to us over the weekend but have no idea where he got it. Laundry and bed. Not a very exciting evening. Just can't get enough sleep, even when I sleep well. Just don't want to get up in the mornings. It is a struggle lately. Once I am up I am ok, but would rather sleep. Tummy is hurting a bit today. No reason why just does.

Sassy did well with getting her stitches out. Doc said we did a good job keeping her out of them and also keeping it clean. Well duh. Kind of like do as you are told and things will go well.

Jacob is trying cub scouts. His second meeting is tonight. Sam told Chris about it and would he like to go with but said he had a basketball game. Whatev, it is always about Chris. He is on 3 leagues so when doesn't he have a game. Curtis may go with him tonight.

LAURA...how are you feeling today? Scratchy throats usually are followed by a cold and cough. Hopefully it won't hit you too hard. I have been taking zinc for the past 3 months. It seems to help. I am not sure that DS has gallstones that is just MY diagnosis. Dr. Hoh. One more aqua fit class and that is in the books. Feel better sister, hugs.

SUSIE...I am not a fan of weekends at KI. Too crowded. Not a real people fan. Small groups are fine but not big crowds. Just don't want to deal with them. I am so proud of you and your weight loss and exercise. Girl you have certainly proved that we can do anything we put our mind to. You will probably be like me. The closer I got to goal I changed it to a number in my particular height chart range.

HAPPY...you new appliances look marvelous dahling. Um, coke in the drawer, pretty sure that is on no ones healthy eating plan. :0 Is the delivery company doing anything about the dings and scrapes on the floor? Hmmm campers, let us process this. Would you use it enough to make it worth your while, or would renting one on occasion be more cost worthy? Just a thought.

Hello to all...Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:30 PM   #139  

Morning all. My brain isn't working today. Someone came by my cube that I couldn't place, but it turned out we'd met and I'd even helped him out with something before. And I'd typed up my post in Word and then got distracted and thinking I'd posted it already, I deleted it from the Word doc.

Aside from that... I feel alright physically today. Have some nasal congestion and throat crud, but not bad enough to bother with cold meds.

Annie - Yay that Sassy's stitches are out. Like any doctor, from experience the vet probably doesn't have very high expectations that people will do what they've been instructed to if it's too much trouble. = Chris doesn't seem very interested in being a dad, even if it's just for one day a week and every other weekend or one weekend a month, or whatever the arrangement is. Too much sacrifice for him I guess. Good that the kids have a good mom and awesome grands.

Susie - Yeh, the skies around here are also looking more fall-like. Too soon for me! Good thing the temps are remaining summer-like.

Happy - A camper sounds wonderful. I bet you'll have fun looking at them. == Glad the appliance delivery went relatively smoothly. Now to learn about all the features. Big fun, right? Just be careful - the admin was telling me how over the weekend she ended up locking the oven and couldn't get it unlocked. Blind in one eye and close to it in the other, along with a broken light over the stove and poor kitchen lighting overall and that's what happened...no manual and online research didn't help, so today building maintenance has been called. Oops.

Hellos to Shad & Ceejay.

Nothing much to report. I feel okay, so I think I'll go to the aqua fit class tonight. Then you can all be happy to not hear me say yet again how glad I'll be when it's over.

Okay, gonna get this posted.

Last edited by Laura705; 08-15-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:31 PM   #140  

Hi Ladies,

I need to head to bed but I wanted to do a quick check-in. I have been on the computer for a couple of hours getting my TOPS things in order.

I needed to update the member roster, the attendance and then print somethings to make up new member folders that I need to make up on Thursday. We had 5 made up and two weeks ago, we had 5 new member join!

I am the Leader so this falls to me to get done.

I didn't get my workout in tonight. I worked until 6:45 p.m. I'm going in late tomorrow as it is the first day of school and the girls I call my nieces go back. It is tradition that we are at their house on the first day of school sending them all off. We will walk to school with the 10 yr olds. They are twins and in the 5th grade. We also have a junior and a 8th grader. The junior has her drivers license and will drive herself and the 8th grader to school each day as they are on the same campus.

Annie: How did Jacob's second scouts meeting go?

Laura: I'm glad you aren't feeling any worse. So..is the aqua class finished?

Happy: I need to check out the pictures on Facebook of the new appliances. It sounds like Annie "busted" you on the coke?! lol

I thought Annie's question about perhaps renting a camper if you won't use it often as a good thought.

Hi to Shad and Ceejay..hope to hear from you soon

Ok..eye lids are dropping..time to hit the bed.

I'm getting up on the regular alarm so I can get my workout in as I will be going into the office a bit later since we are getting the girls off to school. I I know I"ll be to tired after work if I work later to make up the time and won't do my workout, so it will get done in the morning.

Good night.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:03 AM   #141  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Hump Day...

Rant: Today, again...if you pull out in front of me in traffic, one-get off your phone and pay attention. Two-please go at least close to the speed limit, not 20 in a 40, since you already pulled out in front of me I am up your hind end as it is. End Rant.

Sin- a short word for a long sentence...St. John's Lutheran signage.

Last night's dinner was chicken tetrazzini for the clan and I made me a Keto pizza. I have to say the tetrazzini look quite yummy. And I ALMOST took a bite when I was clean up the kitchen. But I didn't. Still keto strong no cheats. I am afraid if I cheat just once it will be a downhill slide for me.

Jacob's cub scout meeting was great. Chris showed up for 20 minutes then had to leave for his bb game. SMH. On the bright side Jacob is pumped about building a rocket. He asked Papaw to help him with it. Of course Curtis is probably more excited than Jacob to build a rocket. lol.

Whew all of the sudden my tummy hurts. Will be back in a bit for personals.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #142  
Annie - Indiana

SUSIE...Once you reach your goal weight, do you continue to go to TOPS? Didn't realize you are queen bee at TOPS. lol Does that help to stay OP? I missed Jacob getting on the bus due to travel. Such a fun day to see all the kiddos go to school on the first day. Garth Brooks is coming to Indy in October. My son is a huge fan. Wish I could get us tickets.

LAURA...how are you feeling today? Did you celebrate after the last aquafit class? lol.

Hello to the rest of you. Do check in.

Hugs
Old 08-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #143  

Morning all. Feeling alright today, but I have the crud in my throat and expect to have to deal with it for several more weeks, as this has been the pattern of the past several years. I will be diligent in using my daily maintenance inhaler for my asthma and will keep myself stocked with cough drops.

The aqua fit class was good last night, and yes, I’m now done with it.

I could have started back with my home exercise long ago since I was only doing 1 or 2 of the aqua fit classes per week, but I didn’t. Various and sundry excuses. But now I will. Bf had set up the dinette set we’re selling in my exercise area a while back so he could take a photo of it for an online ad and he never moved it out of there. Over the weekend I finally moved it elsewhere, and now the area is exercise-ready.

Susie – How nice you saw the girls off to school this morning. That’s a nice tradition. During my bike commute to the train this morning, I saw a bunch of kids waiting for the school bus at a couple different corners. It’s their first day today. I’d looked it up the other day. I was at home laying on the futon in the 3-season room reading my book and listening to the neighbor kids who live behind and a few doors down from us playing in their pool. And wondered, when do they go back to school???

Annie – I’m glad J. enjoyed his scout meeting. Was Curtis in scouts when he was a kid? Sounds like he’s going to enjoy it as much (or more) than J. == Sounds like you'll have to stay on high alert on the road - too many idiot drivers out there!

Shad - How’s the bathroom reno going?

Ceejay - How are you progressing with your organ music?

Happy – Interested in hearing about the trip to look at campers. Is DH more on board than he was?? Renting one for a short getaway or two is probably a good way to see if it’s something you would enjoy doing regularly.

==
I slept alright up until about 4 am, and then I was a bit restless. Had to sit up to cough and swig some water a couple times and never did get back to solid sleep. We’ll see how I feel later today.

I’ve watched six episodes from the new Twin Peaks and it’s as bizarre as ever. I’m listening to a podcast that recaps the episodes because it’s interesting to hear how the hosts describe what's happened since a lot of it goes over my head, LOL. I've also watched the first season of a series called “Shetland” on Netflix. It’s based on a series of detective stories written by Ann Cleeves and is set in the Shetland Islands. The first season was only two episodes – essentially a two-part movie. That episode was based on a book that happens to be the next one I’ll read (I’ve only read the first two so far). Guess I know how that one will end.

Okay, enough rambling. I’ll get this posted.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #144  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

No time to talk today. I was going into the shop for a short time to help out with a friend who is covering for another today. She is between cataract surgeries and is having a hard time seeing - which I understand completely. Turns out now that her DH had hernia surgery and is having a hard time with complications so I will cover the whole morning now on my own. It is very rainy outside and that usually means everyone comes into town so I hope the store won't be too busy - which it probably will. It has already started this morning with texts and phone calls so I am already behind. I have bingo tonight and will only be home about and hour or two in between so probably won't get to post until tomorrow morning. Sorry
Old 08-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #145  

Afternoon all. The day is going okay. I had some gut issues the past couple days. I had no idea eating one reasonably sized portion of fresh cherries two days in a row would cause the issues (no details, your welcome!), but now I do. Everything is back to normal today, thank goodness.

I went out last night shortly before 9 pm to pick up some more cough drops. Went to the strip mall near the house that has a Walgreens store. This strip mall is being redeveloped where a large grocery store used to be. (Smaller grocery store coming in *someday*, though it's taking forever.) The parking lot has been changed from a very open lot to one with a lot of medians with trees planted in them. The lighting, however, is still awful and it felt like half the lights weren't even lit. Very dark and even worse because it was a rainy night. I've decided I won't go back there after dark - between the bad lighting and the new unfamiliar layout with all the medians, it's just too dangerous.

The boss and one other department members are out of the office this afternoon, so it's nice and quiet here.

Happy, hope you aren't too exhausted after the shop and bingo! Good luck to DH tonight.

That's about it for me. Hope you all have a good rest of the day.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #146  

Happy Friday!

I am so glad, this week has drug on.

We have a pretty full weekend. Dinner with friends tonight and there is live music playing at a place we call "The Mural" . They block off the parking lot where the the mural is and have a stage with the band, people bring chairs and there are some food trucks...everyone just hangs out.

It goes from 7 to midnight. We will walk up from the restaurant down the street after we eat and spend a bit of time listening to the band if we like them.

Tomorrow is am house cleaning and then there is a block party on our block at 1. We also have dinner plans with a young couple who we hang out with at times for later that evening.

We are going to dinner in Xenia (about 30 min from our home) and then drive to Young's in Yellow Springs (a very cool hippy town about 15 min up the road from Xenia. This time we are't exploring the town but rather going to play some Put-Put at the Dairy Farm and have some homemade ice cream there after we finish playing. It should be a fun night.

I had a little bit of a gain at TOPS I was upset with myself because I knew those homemade peanut butter cookies that I bought at a yard sale on our street on Sunday would get me in a bit of trouble. I sent them to work with DH on Tuesday morning, as I kept finding myself, grabbing one here and there. I don't usually keep things like that in the house and that is the reason why. I had a 1/2 lb gain..not bad, but I don't like when that happens. I have given myself a good talking to.

Laura: I am glad to hear that your stomach issues are back to normal. I have to agree with you on the poorly lit parking lot. I wouldn't go back at evening/night time either.

Happy: You had a full day yesterday! Did the shop get busy like you thought it would?

Annie: You asked if I would stay in TOPS when reaching my goal. Yes I will, I will go the rest of my life. It is my AA and I need the weekly accountability. Also when I reach my goal with TOPS, that is where the real works begin...maintenance. When you get to goal, you are KOPS (Keep of Pounds Sensibly). You are allowed 5 lbs under goal or 3 lbs over and if you get out of leeway, you have two weeks to get back in or you lose your status.

There are some people who never set a goal weight as they don't want the pressure of it. They just know what weight they want to be and when they get there, they just work on staying there but without declaring that they are at goal weight. That isn't for me; I want to be recognized for my effort and then help to it.

It sounds like both your DH and Jacob will have a great time building that rocket.

Hi to Shad and to Ceejay!

I must get to work..even though the boss is in meetings downtown today....this is when I really usually get a lot of things "done".
Old 08-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #147  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Was an incident at the shop yesterday which really resolves for me that the best thing for me is to quietly back away and reduce my presence there. I am also feeling overwhelmed at all the things I need to do at home and am keenly aware that the seasons are quickly shifting - ie. I have about 7 more weeks to get in the garages and go through them before it will get too cold to work outside. Hard to believe but true. Bingo was fun last night. DH came close but did not win. That is how bingo is - devil that she is

I am upset with myself because I bought some gorgeous strawberries 2 days ago. I would have sworn I put them in the refrigerator. Went to look at a bag today only to find that the bagger put them in with some paper products (I sort my stuff on the check out belt so that produce is together, meats together, cold stuff, paper goods, etc). But the kids today don't know how to properly bag groceries and the strawberries were at the bottom of the bag covered over with a package of napkins. In the dark they of course turned into one big fuzzy science experiment. My bad for not emptying all the bags but of course I was rushing around as usual this week. Another brick in the head to slow down and make my own stuff the biggest priority.

Laura - I hope you feel better today. My Mom also has issues with cherries - of course after she told us that she ate 2 and a half pounds in 2 days (NOT a reasonable portion size at all!!!). But I will heed your advice since I just bought a bag myself. Who would have thought they'd create problems??? I don't know what developers are thinking when they build such tight spaces in parking lots. I tend to not frequent businesses either when it's too difficult to get in and out. To you question about the campers - we wound up looking at several manufacturers. Quality is a big thing with DH. There is a lesser quality in both price and more lightweight campers which use cheaper materials intentionally to reduce the weight. And we found that weight is important because even though we have an F150 Eco Boost truck, apparently the rear end/rear axle affects towing capacity and we can't tow just any old thing. Medium size campers about 8,000 pounds (not counting your "stuff") is where we are at. One of the guys we know at bingo yesterday turned us on to a used camper we are going to look at today. Most of the floor layouts in the campers are relatively the same. We don't need the extra bunk beds many of the smaller campers have - would rather have the extra open living space. That limits us further given the size restrictions we are dealing with. It's easier to buy a tent, stove and sleeping bags! We are taking our time. As for renting we live in the woods. We don't have access to the things you city slickers do. One place 40 minutes away rents big campers for $1200 a week. Week rentals only. We don't want / need that. Next closest place for short term rentals is almost a 3 hour drive to Minneapolis. Again, we are limited. And off all the friends we have, no one has a camper to loan out. Many are still younger tent campers or got old and gave up the camping idea. So that's where we sit. Thanks for asking. Always an adventure.

Annie - I'm really glad Jacob likes the scouts. Such a great experience for him. How is school coming along? I am so in admiration of you making tetrazzini and not eating any. Not even a taste. I could not do that. Can you eat rice noodles instead of wheat? You probably can't have rice either. Sad sad - I am smiling at the idea of C and J in the middle of the living room building a rocket. Goodbye clean carpet and ceiling. And baking soda and vinegar. Better stock up!

Wow Susie - now you have TOPS duties on top of everything else? But if it helps keep you motivated - that's wonderful.

Hello Ceejay and Shad.

I need to get ready - several errands to run. My partner the Thrift Shop coordinator and the main bingo guy is getting ready for his European vacation next week. He will be gone for 3 weeks and guess who he is giving his keys and responsibilities to. He also asked if we could be backup feeders for his cats which I don't mind as I would ask the same of him. So we have to stop by and do turnover of things.

Have a good weekend chicks.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

This sight is giving me fits. Probably why I haven't posted in awhile. However, not much of any thing is going on in my neighborhood. Will be going to Branson to spend the night with sis tonight. Haven't seen her in a couple of weeks.

Happy
I love the new appliances. And I'm glad they are black. If I had my choice that would be my color to choose.
So much for getting things done with the new acquired responsibilities.

Laura
Sorry that your are sick with the crud. My sis had that last week. Don't blame you for exercising at home.

Susie.
You have been diligent with your weight loss program so don't let the small gain deter you. I haven't been doing to well with the piano and organ practice. I'm not happy with the keyboard as some of the keys stick so I'm saving my dollars to buy a new piano keyboard.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #149  

Morning all. TGIF.

Susie - Sounds like you have a full & fun weekend planned. Enjoy. == I’m sure you’ll bounce back from that slight gain this week and be/are back on track and moving forward. I can certainly understand having something in the house that's too much of a temptation – bf bought a giant Costco box of the little bags of salty snacks – potato chips, Cheetos, doritos, etc. for a gathering of our friends a couple weeks ago. Hardly a dent in it that night, but since then I’ve been nibbling away – a bag a day, sometimes two. I’ll have to ask bf (again) to just put them away somewhere. Out of sight, out of mind. == So the people in TOPS who don’t set a goal just continue with TOPS and continue to weigh in each week? I know WW has people set goals and strive for “lifetime” status (not too much pressure, LOL) with no more meeting fees as a motivation… But if I think about it, maybe the TOPS way would feel less like “I’m done” and encourage the mindset that this is an ongoing effort – you’re never done. And I agree that people usually have a goal in mind, even if it's not stated formally. There’s no financial incentive with KOPS to get to goal and be done with it, is there?

Happy – Sounds like whatever happened at the shop yesterday was the last straw for you…I hope you can back away and not get sucked back in. Getting to some of the tasks at home seems to be weighing on your mind – I hope you take back your time and devote it to that. The sense of accomplishment will be worth it. == What a bummer about the strawberries. I’d be upset with myself too. Lesson learned. But I don’t get how the berries end up with the paper goods when you take the effort to arrange your items by type on the checkout conveyor . == Re cherries – apparently they have a lot of fiber… == Too bad about the limited camper rental options, it would really be helpful to do short trial runs.

Ceejay – Enjoy your weekend in Branson. I just switched out a computer keyboard because of a sticky key (well, I'd broken it…), but it did make a big difference, so I get how you’d want a new piano keyboard. Are you going to try craigslist again, or will you buy something new?

Annie – How’s it going? Hope all is well in Indy.

Hi Shad!!
--
Well, the SUV is back at the dealer because they didn’t fix the AC correctly and it was working only intermittently. BF is very ticked off at this dealer, so he’ll be going up the ladder with Lincoln if this isn’t taken care of this time. For the time being, we have another loaner. Not the stinky plastic/petroleum smelling one, thankfully.

The eclipse on Monday is big news in our area, which has an 80-90% "totality" (the moon won't completely eclipse the sun, but it'll still be a sight to see). I just hope the weather allows for viewing it. What a letdown it would be for it to be cloudy/rainy and not be able to see it. I don't have the viewing glasses, so I'll have to do the projection thing instead. I'll take a later lunch break to view it, weather permitting. Anyone else gonna have a decent view of it?

That’s about it for me. Back to work. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #150  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Well after alot of looking around and research and watching YouTube videos, I think I have talked myself out of the camper idea. Basically all brands are made pretty much the same way. The increased cost has to do with the insides and upgrades (ie better stove, more cabinets, solid surface countertop, etc). ALL campers will have problems - that's a given. Part of that has to do with the increased interest in Rv'ing as a lifestyle so the companies are building them as fast as possible and not always worried about screwing things tightly, making sure seals are sealed etc. EXPECT to have problems. EXPECT to fix them yourself unless they are big ticket issues. They also want to be able to sell an RV to anyone driving anything so they are making them very lightweight which means cheaper lighter materials and even less glue and sealant which of course makes things like walls and framing fall apart quicker. And then there is the part that you are hauling this thing down the road rocking and bumping and basically subjecting your "home" to the equivalent of a mini earthquake every time you roll it out of the driveway. Bottom line is expect to constantly work on it inspecting it and staying ahead of things loosening up. Expect that like a boat it will depreciate very quickly - unless you are trying to buy a used camper from a dealer in which case they cost about the same as a new one. It was eye opening. My fear was that we spent alot of money and then had buyer's regret. I do not wish to add more of a workload to DH's day. I would still love to camp out - maybe we do drive 6 hours round trip to Minnesota to rent a camper once a year. Sounded like a good idea at the time. It's not totally a bad thing, just you have to accept the reality of the situation.

It is a nice day today - I am glad to be home for the weekend. Already got 2 loads of wash done and I am ready and energetic to tackle things in the house today. I am going to try and do the bare minimum involvement that I can at the shop and try and make the most of the next 6 weeks as we ease into fall. We won't be seeing much of the eclipse on Monday - we are far from the path of totality and it appears that we have a good possibility of cloudy weather - of course, right?

Laura - I have seen those bags of snacks at Sam's Club and decided to stay away from them. There's too little in a bag for DH and I don't need the temptation of them sitting there. Probably a good idea if you tell DH to either invite more friends over or just hide them Based on your warning I only ate 10 cherries last night - so far so good 12 might have put me over the edge which is what I was thinking as I counted them out Yes, I do sort the groceries on the belt but the people they have today bagging are not trained and they just grab things and toss them in the bag. One day I found that the kid just literally tossed all my berry cartons into the bag sideways and the clamshells opened pouring raspberries, blueberries and strawberries all over the inside of the bag. And I have found fresh food mixed with cleaning supplies and fresh meat mixed with fresh produce. A couple of times I have called the store about this. It's simply a matter of training, not that the people are lazy or don't care. I didn't realize that you were going to have that much of coverage for the eclipse. One time when I was working downtown and we had an eclipse I worked in the white tower that has the diamond shape front on Michigan and Randolph. We had white credenzas / cabinets that under the windows. It was a sunny day facing east and I did the pinhole projection thing using a piece of paper on to those cabinets and we were all able to view the eclipse safely. It was pretty cool. They say if you hold a colander up to the sun you will get a bunch of crescent shaped eclipses reflecting through the holes back on the ground. I told DH that would make for a cool photograph. So that's our eclipse plans Sorry your car is back in for repair. Service is our number one criteria when buying a car - ie. how well and quickly they repair things. We have had quite a few things happen with our new truck (Quality is apparently still NOT JOB ONE with Ford yet). Just little things like a clip not being installed in the glove box so once you opened it you can't close it again, a piece of broken trim, a problem with the seat, etc. But they have always been johnny on the spot quick to repair it. Just required more trips to the dealer than we should have had to make in the first place. We were pretty happy with Schaumburg Toyota - dealt with them for 20 years but towards the end, even they started dropping the ball.

Ceejay - glad to see you posting, sorry you have trouble with the site here. I know what you mean. Aren't you happy to be retired???

Shad - are you enjoying your retirement?? What's going on with you?

Susie - I am very interested in hearing how your weekend came out. Sounds like some really interesting things you are doing. As for the gain, things will fluctuate some times - I don't think it should mean never having a treat but as you say - maybe having a dozen cookies around is too tempting. That's why I always buy DH cookies I don't like and if I splurge it's one cookie at bingo - that's just how I need to manage myself. You will work it off with all the walking you'll be doing this weekend. Look forward to the report - hope you have good weather.

Annie - hope everything is ok with you and that you've just been busy the last few days. I know you don't usually check in on the weekends so full report is due on Monday

And that's it for me. The buzzer went off - time to flip the laundry. Have a great weekend everyone.