Old 07-26-2017, 09:49 AM   #61  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I have to get ready shortly - meeting at the Thrift Shop. I have a feeling from the few emails I got that pretty much no one is going to show up. Which both saddens and infuriates me at the same time. I am really starting to feel - why bother? Afterwards I have to take another meeting about our fundraiser that I am in charge of which occurs 2 weeks from yesterday. Then I have to avoid having a conversation about the books - the lady who is doing it is wonderful but she slaps the price labels on any which way - many of them are falling off or easily peeled off and are on upside down or sideways which looks really sloppy. I am choosing to just ignore it and let her do her thing. Then I have a personal errand to run and I can be back home again. And answer emails and phone calls.

I stopped in the small grocery store we have in town - I really like it because it's very convenient to run in and out during the busy summer months. It has been going downhill for a while now - you can see they are not doing well and have been carrying less and less of the fresh/perishable stuff. So yesterday the customer in front of me was discussing the store closing with the cashier. I got home last night and saw a blurb on FB that the store was closing for good yesterday. I'm going to miss that place. It was very handy. But people want low low Walmart prices and they can't compete with that. The other grocery store we have in an effort I'm sure to cut costs has gone to almost 2/3 of the store with their store brand. It's getting harder and harder to find regular brands like Kelloggs Hunts Barilla Pasta, etc. Kind of like shopping at Aldi. Not all that terrible because 80 percent of my shopping is fresh stuff but still I do like certain name brands like tomato sauce.

I just looked out my door and there is a gorgeous little bright yellow and black goldfinch sitting on the deck rail as if to say - cheer up Happy. One momma turkey just hatched her chicks and comes around the property - did I mention that already? She has 7 of the cutest baby fluff ball chicks. She won't let you get too close to them so you have to admire them from afar and she keeps them close to the grass so they are hard to see. But I love the peep peep squeek of baby chicks! Yes Susie - you are right - it IS an enchanted forest

I hope that you can get outside for a bit Susie - prior to the weekend - and enjoy some fresh air. It's nice once the humidity leaves. Are you enjoying your new summer clothes and shoes?

Shad - OMG - what a mess in the house!!!! Had no idea you had so much water / rot issues. Was that from a slow leak or part of the fact that you live in a place with such high humidity?? I hope they can get the job done quickly. I can only imagine the mess of yanking everything down to the rafters. So no more tub in your house? We call that a half bath here - sink, shower and toilet. When you said you combined the rooms did the loo have it's own "room" then? We had that in Memphis of sorts - the vanity and linen closet was it's own room and the toilet and tub/shower had a separate door. Not that anyone would be fixing their hair or washing while someone else was using the toilet or shower so it never made sense to me. I'm sure now that you are RETIRED that the last thing you needed was a costly rebuild of the house. You have my sympathies. Thanks for checking in - you are one busy bunny.

Laura - if you are going to see a butterfly exhibit - skip Brookfield zoo and instead go downtown to the Peggy Notebart nature museum on Cannon drive off LSD. That's the live butterfly (permanent) exhibit that DH and Shad and I went to. It's a wonderful experience. And it's close to Lincoln Park zoo and the Morton Arboretum so you can combine a whole day trip. Sounds like this garage door replacement was a pretty big job too.

Annie - safe travels to the city. Hope your conference / seminar is worth it.

Hi Ceejay

Time for me to hop in the shower. Have a good day everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
You will enjoy the Butterfly exhibit. I didn't realize how many different ones there are.

Happy
Have you ever thought of just bowing out to all the volunteering?

Susie, Shad and Annie Hello

-----------
Not much since yesterday. I've been having to water the grass. I hope I can revive it cause it's brow. We've been 28 days with out rain. And it's HOT. Even the gym is hot
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #63  

Afternoon all.

I’m so ticked off – I missed meeting with Annie before she drove back home because I was stuck in a meeting. The meeting went over the scheduled time, and if I’d gotten out in time, I’d have seen her text and met her earlier. I didn’t have my phone with me in the meeting. Anyway, Annie, sorry I missed seeing you. However, I’m glad you got out of there early and got an earlier start on your return trip. I hope you’re having a safe and smooth drive home. It’ll feel good to be back in your own bed tonight. I bet the family missed you!!

Susie – I agree with you about building relationships in the family. That didn’t happen with mine and I don’t know my cousins well at all, even though I’m FB friends with a couple of them.

Shad – Wow, I had no idea your bathroom project was so extensive! And it sounds like it turned out to be more extensive than you thought it would be. Not a good thing when the inside is open to the outside where it never was, as your photo shows. Or is that where the window was?? Water can be so damaging!! I’m so sorry that this project has been expanded so much because of it. Not sure of the difference between the bathroom and the loo…does the toilet have its own room? (we have that here, but it’s still usually located in the bathroom). And the floor in the bedroom had to come up?? And your DS hired an ensuite?? Is that like a porta potty but not just a toilet but also a sink and shower? Had no idea that existed. Anyway, you sure are keeping busy with this. Wishing you luck that it proceeds as smoothly as it can going forward. == Yep, bf got paid by mom, so they’re square. But he did get himself involved in the rest of the kitchen project, whenever that will happen. Sigh. It makes sense for your son to not charge you for his work and just work off his debt to you. Six of one, half dozen of another.

Happy – I guess you really have to let certain things go when you’re faced with the fact that you have a volunteer who’s wonderful. And it sounds like the shop can’t stand to lose more volunteers! == Bummer about losing the convenient grocery store. The Dominick’s was so close and convenient for us, but it closed down and it’s taken forever to get a new tenant, also a grocery store, in that spot and they still aren’t open!! In those years, Walmart opened a small version of itself in the strip mall right across the street, and Mariano’s opened a store about a mile east. And there are plenty of other grocery stores in the local area, so I wonder if this new place will have missed the boat when they finally open their doors. The only unique thing about them is that they carry a lot of Polish and European foods. == Aww, I bet those turkey chicks are soooo cute. == Thanks for the advice re the butterfly exhibit. I’ve never been to the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, so that would be a great thing to do. And visit the Lincoln Park Zoo while we’re so close. The Morton Arboretum isn’t close (western ‘burbs), so maybe you were thinking Lincoln Park Conservatory? That’s right by the other two.

Ceejay - Hard to believe it's so dry out your way, but so wet in my area. I think the grass turns brown when it goes dormant during hot, dry weather. It greens up again once it gets moisture. == Re the butterfly exhibit, there was one right across the street from our b&b in Key West, FL. Bf didn't want to see it so I decided I could visit one back at home at my leisure.

==

I went to aqua fit class last night and the circuits we did yesterday were a lot of upper body work. I woke up around 3-ish this morning with sore hands and forearms, and now my triceps are sore too. I didn’t get back to sleep right away so I’ll be whooped by the end of the day. Oh, the new swimsuit that I’d hung to dry yesterday morning was still wet after work, so I wore an old one that was in very bad shape – its last hurrah. It was fun to just throw it away after class.

After aqua fit, I followed bf to the tire place in our sedan and he dropped off the SUV (put the keys in the slot) for our new tires to be installed today.

After work I have to get to the library to pick up the dvd I had on hold – “Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me”, which I believe came out in 1992.

Other than that, I hope I can just be a sloth tonight.

Nothing much else to report. Off to post and back to work.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:24 AM   #64  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Back to Indy today...the trip home was uneventful but very drive racking. SOOOOO much construction on I65. Probably added an extra hour to the drive home. Didn't get to meet up with LAURA, bummer. Didn't help that our meeting concluded 3 hours early. So with that and LAURA being in a meeting at that time, we missed meeting up. Always next time I suppose. I am just glad I didn't fly there as I would of been stuck in CHI for a half day waiting on a flight. This way I got home about the time I would of flown out of CHI. The meeting was ok, I did learn a lot about the new system. Supposed to make my reports easier. We shall see. Met all my sales peeps from other states. Funny how you imagine people then meet them in person and boy was that thought incorrect. I just want to say the drivers in CHI are crazy. And honking your horn does not make it right for you to do whatever you want. Makes downtown Indy look like a piece of cake to drive.

HAPPY...busy as can be. Saw DHs post of the eagle. How beautiful. He is really great at getting the nice shots. Kudos to DH. I am hearing more peeves about the thrift shop than joys for you. Maybe time to hang it up? Like me tho I am sure you think if you quit it will all go to h*ll. Hugs to you and I am so proud of your work. The babies in your yard sound so dang cute. Boating time happened. Good for you. On my list for my visit with you sometime??? ok?

LAURA...sorry we missed each other. There is always next time. Come on jump on the WL boat with SUSIE and I. I KNOW you can do it, you have done it before. Vehicles are always expensive. Always some kind of repair or work needed. Then there is the insurance required. Bleh.

SHADDIE...Holy batcrap batman. That is a LOT of demolition, repair and updating work going on. You will have to take a side job just to pay for that. Once done I am sure it will be beautiful. We need to pull up our carpet and put in laminate wood floors OR SOMETHING. Our carpet sucks. The previous owner put in really cheap carpet and it is all slowly falling apart at the seams. Hope all works out to your liking.

CEEG...you are adjust well to your new retired life. More fun things to do and lots of family time. Good for you. Glad the nephew is back at home but will still visit you often.

SUSIE...I see work still has you hopping. Good luck on WI tonight. Do let us know. Allergies are hitting hard here too. No wonder that we (You, LAURA, CEEG and I) mostly have the same weather. LAURA maybe a little more snow than us. And she can have it. .

Hello to the rest of youse. Make it a great day/night. Today is my Friday. My bestie from Corpus Christi, TX is in town and we are going to hang out.

Love, Peace and JOY!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #65  

Morning all. Today is my Friday, so happy Friday to me.

Annie – Bleh on all the construction on your drive home. I agree, though, that driving made more sense than flying. All the rigmarole of airports, security, delays, etc. is just not worth it. Driving trips are nice in the sense that you don’t have to worry about checking bags, luggage weight and size limits, carry-ons with the 3 ounce containers, and all that other BS. == I hope the trip was worthwhile for you and makes your Wednesday report days a bit easier. Yes, finally putting a face to a name and voice is sometimes surprising. Happy Friday to you, enjoy the day tomorrow with your TX bestie.

Ceejay – Saw on FB you got some rain – hope it wasn’t too much!! Just enough so you don’t have to water for a few days, LOL.

Happy – I hope the meetings went alright yesterday. So sad you’re losing your mojo for your volunteer activities because of others not holding up their end of the commitments. These roles are not the same as the one-time volunteer events – e.g., feeding the homeless on Thanksgiving, painting a school each summer (that was a couple days ago at work, which I passed on). Being on a committee or board for an organization requires dedication, and if people can’t or don’t want to do it because it’s summer, or they don’t feel like it, etc. then they shouldn’t take those roles. It can be like any other job, paying or not. I hope things get better and it starts to feel worthwhile and fulfilling for you again.

Hellos to the rest of you.

==

Yesterday bf drove the sedan to the tire place to pay for the tires and he drove the SUV home and left the sedan at the tire place. He said the SUV is driving much better with the new tires. After work, we drove back to the tire place to pick up the sedan. I’m glad that’s taken care of.

Today the SUV goes back to the dealer to finally get the new parts installed for the sunroof. They will also look at the steering column’s telescoping function – doesn’t seem to be working right. And whatever they fixed with the A/C system still isn’t right. I hope we don’t end up with that same crummy loaner with the plastic/petroleum stink.

My biceps are soooo sore from the aqua fit class on Tuesday. One of the circuit exercises was pushups against the pool edge. The ones where you keep your elbows close to your sides, which in my Pilates classes they call Pilates pushups. They totally work your biceps and not so much the pecs. So my biceps are really sore. To the point where lifting my arm is a painful challenge and I find myself tilting my head down so I don’t have to lift my arm too much. And using my other hand to assist, LOL. I’m pathetic.

That’s about it for me. Tomorrow I’m taking vacation. I have an early appointment with the allergist. After that I will pick up the carbon fiber shoe insert from the orthopedic doctor’s office. After that the day is mine. I want to get a pedicure. I’m also thinking I will get a massage.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:25 AM   #66  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

Interesting day. I've been waiting all day for the wallboards to arrive - they didn't. The DS2 did and his dog. They did the rough-in for the electrical stuff. DS2 and I discussed what I wanted and then he went out and got what he thought he wanted. Ahhh well, it will look pretty good, just more expensive that I had considered. There will be some low wattage spots in the ceiling for when someone gets up to visit the little house in the middle of the night, and a bright light over a large mirror so I can do my make up easily and a whole heap of power points everywhere for every conceivable contraption I want to plug in. As well as that I will have the heat lights and fan in the ceiling and some LED strip lighting somewhere on the vanity to give a gentle glow somehow. Don't ask what or where. Yet to see it myself. I still have to get the new toilet, shower screen and vanity top. I think it will look okay when finished.
As well as that, the hired ensuite decided not to play nice again and I had to ring them again and get the man back. Boy will I be pleased when this reno is done. A very good reason why one would need two loos and two bathrooms around the house.

I did a bit of weeding around the garden today and also have some broccoli and cauliflower plants to get in the ground. That's tomorrows job. The soil is very dry and I need to both fertilise and put water saver on it. The strawberries are looking okay and growing quickly in their pots on the fence. Don't expect much off them this year. The last crop of broccoli has done extremely well and I have picked heaps of it and frozen a lot as well. Tomatoes are ripening - I had one at breakfast this morning and it was delicious. The spinach is ready and the beetroot will be soon. The potatoes are coming along and will be ready in a few weeks. Everything grows better when it is not summer. I will be putting in beans and peas soon. They never take long to fruit or bean or pea or whatever one calls the product of these plants.
The hedge is slowly disappearing. Only about 4 or 5 trees to go now. Getting there. Then I have to fix the fence! Never nothing to do round here.

Happy - hope the meeting went okay. How annoying if no one turned up. They can whinge plenty but are not prepared to do anything to fix it.
When our house was built, the fashion was to have the toilet in a separate, small room - hence the term - off to the little room. Today the fashion is to have it all combined in one room and to have a large space for all the bits. As if we have the time and the water to wallow in the bathroom with candles and champagne!

Ceejay - wonderful stuff grass. It goes all brown and crispy during the drought, but watch the stuff green up and grow with a little water.

Laura - Yes the ensuite is like a portaloo, but it is a complete wetroom. It has a toilet, shower, and hand basin as well as all the usual things like towel rails and niches to put things in or on.
Glad to hear that the b/f and mom have sorted it out.
Seems like the aqua classes are really kicking. All that muscle soreness. Happy slothing.

Annie - Glad that you made it safe and sound home again from Chicago. Pity you didn't meet up with Laura, but there maybe other times. Enjoy the friend.

And that's about it from me. Time to hit the sack and sleep for a while. Up early tomorrow because the builder will be back, hopefully the wall boards will arrive and the tiler comes on time at 11.00am. The builder arrives at 7.00am. Oh goody.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:04 AM   #67  

Height: 5'7"

Hello All--scales were up on Thursday, .8 lbs..I KNOW it was the ice cream cone I had at work for "Take our Children to Work" day. I took my 4 nieces and it was a lot of fun and I didn't get much work done. Today I was trying to catch up.

I don't know if I mentioned that my right foot is giving me some issues, it is on that bone at the top of the foot, the one that feels like a little bump. My bump isn't little. It isn't to bad but if I jog on the treadmill or walk fast, it seems to get sore and looks a little swollen. I made an appointment to see my Orthopedist a week from this Wednesday, that was the first appointment they had.

Until then, I will go back to using the recumbent bike. I plan to do it for 30 min and walk for 15, at a moderate pace. I must get back to working out 5 to 6 days a week.

Depending on what the doctor says, I might see if I can find a water exercise class a couple of nights a week that I could go to right after work. We don't have a anything like that in town now that the YMCA is closed.

Laura: Did you get your pedicure and a massage? That sounds to me like a wonderful vacation day.

I am sorry to hear you didn't get to meet up with Annie.

Annie: What did you and your BFF do today? I hope you had a great day!

Happy: Yes, I am enjoying my new smaller summer clothes and shoes! I don't have to buy shoes in wide widths anymore. I was at Eddie Bauer this evening and they were having some good deals and I bought 3 tops and a light sweater for fall...it will be here before we know it. I no longer need a 2XL at Eddie Bauer; XL works fine now

When I was reading about your smaller store closing, I was feeling that pain with you. I HATE to go to Walmart. It is just too big and I don't like their produce. We have a Kroger in our town. It isn't small but it is smaller than Walmart. I usually go there on Sunday after church to get what DH didn't get at Walmart on Saturday (thank goodness he does the grocery shopping). Usually at Kroger, I get my produce and other things that I find Walmart doesn't carry or I don't like what they have.

Ceejay: We have had ran and now everything here has greened up and the lawn needs mowed again...again..glad that is a DH job.

Shad: WOW! That is a project you have going on! Think how nice it will be when it is done.

We have some home updates and repairs coming up. First off is that the air conditioning needs replaced. It is 14 yrs old and has a slow leak that is turning into a fast leak with the coolant. We have it ordered and they plan to get it done around the end of August. It isn't cheap but not ultra expensive. They said they will keep putting coolant in our old unit so we stay cool until they other one gets here and installed.

I had some other home projects I wanted done and I payed off our Home Equity Loan last January, so now I'm asking for another one. I will use it for the air conditioner, and we need some work done on our chimney, and I have been wanting to put in a vent less fire place so I have a quote for that, and I want a new front door and there is a bit of a gap that needs fixed as well. I also decided to throw in having the kitchen painted.

I got the quotes today for all those jobs and will take all my quotes and loan request paper work to the the bank on Monday. I want to get everything done by October and be ready for fall.

I would love to see a picture of this portable en suite, inside and out...how big is it?

I am heading to bed. I have housework in the morning and then DH's company owner is having an afternoon cookout at their home for the employees . I think we are going to see Atomic Blonde after we leave the cookout.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:42 PM   #68  

Evening folks,
I've had a good week end so far. Went to Branson to spend the night with bil and sister. Sure do like being close at hand but not under foot. Sis is staying in Branson tonight to work on medical charts for her patients. She said that she would be at church in the morning.Wish I could help her but she is very meticulous. Nephew was here when I came home. Said he'd gone to work this morning for overtime. But his wife has been bugging him almost to the breaking point while he was at work so he couldn't get any thing done. I've learned that she is extremely controlling. She called my sis this morning stating that she thought he was doing drugs again. But she gets this way when she's upset with him. He mowed my yard and I took him to get pizza at Godfathers. She called him twice while we were at Godfathers Think we both enjoyed our time together.
I did some more tree trimming today also. Still need to get a bigger limb off the Redbud tree.

------------
Laura
The rain did wonders for my little town but Kansas City was flooded in some areas. I'll more than likely turn the water back on the lawn Monday to keep moisture in the ground. I'm going to try those counter push ups with elbows close to body and see if they will help. How many reps did you do?

Annie
Glad you are back home, and that your meeting was shorter and you got to get home earlier. They are working on I65 here too.

Happy
Did you get to take the boat out on the water or go for an ATV ride? How did the meeting go?

Susie
You've been doing so well with your weight loss I wouldn't let that.8 pound gain upset me to much. That will easily come off. Are you keeping your calories at 1200 and doing an hour of aerobics? I'm curious.

Shad
Is it just your bathroom that you are making over? Hope it is completed soon.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-29-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:34 PM   #69  

Afternoon all. Lovely day here. I'm in the three season room with the ceiling fan on. Book & glass of ice water on the side table. Very pleasant.

Shad - Everything always costs more than budgeted or planned during a reno project, right? I like the idea of the LED strip lighting, maybe under the vanity toe kick. No need for a night light if that's on overnight... I looked up portable ensuite & ended up at an aussie site to see the photos. I've never heard of that until you mentioned it, even on all the HGTV home improvement shows I've watched. Must not be a common thing here. I take it you only have the one bathroom/loo and that's why you need it? We have a full bath and a powder room/half bath. When we finally renovate our full bath, I see us showering at bf's gym or at the recplex if we don't come up with another solution...oh, I could shower at work too. Neither are ideal solutions. = Your garden sounds like it's doing really well right now. I imagine the hedge removal will have to take a backseat for now while the reno is going on. Oh well,they aren't going anywhere, lol.

Susie - I'm sure that .8 will be gone in no time. How fun to take your nieces to work with you! Well, except for the catchup the next day... == Sorry you're having a foot issue. I hope nothing's broken. Good to ease up on the treadmill and use the recumbent bike. I hope you can find a water class to take. I was thinking I might get a recumbent or upright stationary bike to use to get more cardiovascular exercise while my foot continues to heal, but I'm undecided. I really don't doing like that kind of cardio, so why buy the equipment when hopefully it would only be needed temporarily? Bf's brother gave bf's mom a recumbent of his that wasn't being used by he or his wife, and she was using it for a while to strengthen her legs after her leg & hip problems. Not sure if she's still using it now. If she absolutely wasn't using it, I wouldn't mind taking it for a bit. But she should be using it, so I doubt I'll even bring it up. I could always buy a secondhand one if I really decide to pursue it. == We don't buy meat, deli, or produce at Walmart, except bananas occasionally. We prefer other stores for those items. Wow, you've got several projects lined up for your house! It really never ends, does it? The ventless fireplace will be nice, especially if you don't already have a fireplace.

Ceejay - Sounds like the nephew's wife needs to back off a bit - when he's at work he needs to work! I hope they can work through their issues. == Re the counter pushup with the elbows held very close to your side...I did way too many!! They really work the triceps intensely, so I wouldn't start off with many. Mix them up with the ones where you have your arms out wider so your chest is worked too.

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
My day off Friday was nice. Allergist went fine. Lung function test was about the same as last, slightly better. Didn't confess to not using my daily inhaler much lately - just haven't felt I needed it. Without the dog [hair] and vigorous workouts, I haven't had much of the asthma symptoms. But it all works out, since he advised that I reduce my use of the inhaler.

Picked up the shoe insert, but haven't worn it yet as I haven't worn my sneakers all weekend.

I tried a different place for a pedicure this time. It was alright. I hope the pedicure lasts longer than the last one.

I didn't get a massage because my triceps were still really hurting. Maybe next weekend.
So I spent a lot of the day relaxing - tv, reading a book. I finished season 2 of twin peaks - crazy, creepy ending.

Yesterday I had a hair appointment. I also did some laundry. I finished my book, so I returned it to the library. They had their book sale, so I browsed & bought 3 workout dvds for $1 each. Two are Winsor pilates and one is a core secrets stability ball workout. I didn't buy any books, but checked out a few. I don't want to buy books when I can just borrow them.

Today I got out in the yard and finally finished digging out the rest of the day lilies from that one garden bed I'm converting to grass. Unfortunately, the part that was already dug up is getting some weeds growing, and baby daylilies too. Obviously I left some roots behind. We'll have to turn the soil and try to get the rest of those out. Too bad the rototiller isn't working right now. Oh well, what's a bit more digging??

Bf met a friend at a local bar near the house to watch the UFC matches last night, so he wasn't home when our neighbor from behind us came by with his dog & his twin sons. He came by to tell us that the fact that we'd removed the arborvitae trees motivated them to do some re-landscaping in the back of their yard right over the fence from us. ( What they had was all overgrown and nothing "intentional".) He wanted to know if we had any plans for our area... just so they knew what would work on their side, re shade etc. I said no, not for the time being. Just grass. Anyway, that was nice, and it was since to see their dog. I look forward to seeing what they end up planting.

Okay, I need to eat something, so I'll get this posted. Enjoy the rest if your day!
Old 07-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #70  

Hi Ladies.
The cookout yesterday was very nice and a perfect day to be outside. They had plenty of shade amd also had a few tables and chairs inter a tent like shelter.

The food was delicuous. They did a brisket on the grill..i dont eat meat but it smelled good, a brocolli salad, a garden salad, this watermelon sald that had fets cheese and red onion in it. It was very good, Maccorni and cheese, and dessert was homemade peach cobler with homemade vanilla ice cream.

I had a bit of everything except the meat.

We stayed for about 3 hours, eating, holding babies talking and playing a game of cornhole.

Afterwards we went to see Automic Blond, very action packed and very bloody at times.

Went to church this morning, grocery shopped after church, we both made salads there to bring home. We ate and then took a nap. Now I am off to clean the bathroom. I didnt get to it yesterday.

Ceejay: it is very nice that your nephew came by. It seems his wife doesnt trust him and really she shouldnt be bothering him when he is working. I am sure this isnt all one sided, never is. It sounds like they could benefit from some counseling.

It sounds like you had a great time in Branson visiting your sister and her husband. Little trips like that are very nice.

You asked about my calorie intake and exercise. I do 45 min of biking or walking and then I do stretching and I do it 4 to 6 times a week. I really try for at least 5 times a week.

My food calories amount are set to 1200 now. When I started they were 1,800. I try not to eat my execise calories and if I do, because I am hungry, then it has to be nutritional. I do allow myself 3 pieces of Dove dark chocolate daily, if I want it. Usually about 3 days a week I do. If the chocolate or extra fruit and veggie, or a smoothy cut into my exercise calories I am ok with it because usually it is only about an extra 200 calories that I am taking in and I am still under my alotment for the day with exercise calories being included. As long as I dont eat all my exercise calories every day, I am ok to eat 200 calores of them a few times a week.

Laura, I hope the pedicure lasts. How often do you go i between them? I can usually go about 6 weeks before they need redone. The polish doesnt chip but the nails have grown out and things just need tidyed up a bit.

Your time reading in the sunroom sounds really nice.

Hello to Happy, Annie and Shad.

I need to go cut up some fruit, clean some corn, I bought some mushroom and vegetable kabos and DH has a steak for him to grill and that will be dinner this evening. Have a great rest of your day everyone!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 07-30-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #71  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

But rushed this morning, but thought I would upload the pictures of the porta-ensuite to show you what it looks like. Not exactly glamorous especially when stuck in the middle of the driveway but it works okay. Good solution when you only have one bathroom in the house. Wouldn't have been necessary if I had 2 toilets because then I could have bathed in the sink and had a shower over at the neighbours. It's hardly neighbourly to bang on their door in the middle of the night and ask to go to their loo.

Anyway things are coming along and Dom the builder has lined the walls in the bathroom again, reinsulated the floors and ceilings and is back today to start waterproofing. Tiler should be here next Friday/ Saturday to start the leveling and then the tiles. The ceiling is now in as well.

I'll be back tonight to update the days progress. Pictures are of the portapotty and the stuff I dug out of the garden yesterday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Porta ensuite 1.jpg (30.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Porta ensuite 2.jpg (28.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Porta ensuite 3.jpg (12.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Porta ensuite 4.jpg (9.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Garden produce 1.jpg (26.8 KB, 5 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:48 AM   #72  

Hello from the train. Mechanical problems on another train are causing delays this morning. The train was about 20 minutes late, and when I boarded, it was jammed - standing room only. They stopped at the next stop & I got off. Just not up for that. Unfortunately the station I got out at was one that doesn't have as many trains stopping at it, so I didn't know when I'd get the next one. Thankfully it was only about 10 min. And this one is pretty empty so far.

Oh, forgot to mention in yesterday's post that my weekend started off with Thursday's train home striking a pedestrian. We were not quite out of the station when it happened, so we were able to get off the train. We were only the next town over from home, so bf came to pick me up.

Metra is just a mess these days.

Oh, I'd forgotten about my bike being left at the station all weekend so bf dropped me off today.

==
Susie - What you're doing as far as diet and exercise is definitely working. How do you battle moments where willpower is low? == Re pedicures, a good one lasts me at least 4 weeks and needs redoing only because the nails have grown out. I already wrecked two nails on my left foot this time around, which is rare for me. Sigh.

Shad -Thanks for the photos of the portable ensuite. I'm glad the walls are back up - did you get any insects coming in the open spots?? Your veggie haul looks good.

Hellos to Annie, Ceejay & Happy.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #73  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Made it to work...finally...had a 8:15 am appt with the ortho about the MRI of my shoulder. Good news is no tear in the cuff, but it is beat up pretty bad. Sounds just like me. Anyway there the cuff is frayed from a bone spur pushing into it. There is also a lot of inflammation. I do have tendonosis, bicep tear, and a small spur. So the treatment was a cortisone shot into the ole shoulder and PT to start next week. One time just to show me what I need to be doing then I can do it at home. Yeah right...sounds like exercise to me. I go back in 6 weeks for a check to make sure all is good and no more action is required.

The weekend was a bit busy. Worked in the yard. Jacob had the stomach flu (Fever, vomiting and the poos) Only one accident and it happened in the bathroom. He is much better today however Sam kept him home from school just in case. Sassy has be vomiting since Saturday. Both times on Saturday she made it to the back yard. Yesterday and last night involved cleaning up the carpets. Of course last night happened at 4 am. Had to put 3 throw rugs in the washer and clean the carpet. Over this part of life. Poor lil girl. She thinks she is in trouble or doing something wrong. So I have to give her extra lovin's. I mostly stayed outside away from it all.

LAURA...my pedi's last about 6 weeks too and that is normally due to nail growth. This time however I chipped some polish off my big toe. Most likely from going barefooted all the time. The train rails amaze me when I drive through and walk downtown CHI. We have NOTHING like that here in Indy. I can see why now you would take the train rather than drive in CHI. OMGoodness what a mess and the drivers are terrible. Mostly just honk and go, be all you can be! That was very neighborly of your fence mate to check with you before planting, not many would do that.

SHADDIE...I had never heard of a portable ensuite either. That is pretty cool. Good thing with all that live in my house that we have 2 full baths. Shower/tubs in both. Don't have to share our master bath. Hope you aren't running out to the porta naked. bahaha. The veggies look awesome and yummy. I will be lucky to get 3 tomatos off my vines. Royce keeps picking the green ones and bringing them in as gifts. We may have stopped this but a little late. Oh well. There is always next year. Reno's are a PIA and you sure have had your share. Maybe things will run smoothly this week.

SUSIE...not bad, .8 up. You can get that back down with a blink of an eye. You know what to do. Atomic Blonde. C and I were going to go see it yesterday but he ended up working later than expected and he kind of forgot. I am good with that as I would rather hang in the back yard drinking my iced tea and lounging. Therefore I did. Love the cookout part about holding babies. That is something that makes me happy. Maybe in my retirement<---if that ever happens I could volunteer to rock babies at the hospital. HEY HAPPY...that might be an idea for you. At least babies don't walk and talk and mess anything up..well maybe diapers.

CEEG...did you play at church over the weekend? Nephew's wife sounds a little evil or a trouble maker. Is nephew sure that is what he wants out of his life. Cause staying for the kids is not a reason. Kids are resilient.

HAPPY..come up for air sister. Hugs.

Got lots to do. and here we go!!

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:59 PM   #74  

Susie
I agree that marriage is a two way street. Come to find out the nephew is spending more money and not paying his share of the bill's. Kinda like his dad was. He want's to stay in the marriage. He told me that he could trade in a 10 meaning his wife for something lower and he doesn't or isn't ready to give that up right now. Thanks for sharing your weight loss tips.

Annie
Better to have the cortisone injection than surgery any day. Sorry to hear that Jacob has been sick with the tummy flu. I didn't realize it until I've been around my nephews that they can get a fever at the drop of the hat. I am enjoying my life right now. As I told my sister the other day. I lived my life with rules from my aunt and uncle and from my friend who is sick. I would not have my own life if I had not moved here.

Happy
I wouldn't worry to much about the volunteers. They are not a paid so they can do as they wish, rules or not.

Laura
I wish I could read more but I don't have the patience to sit still very long. When I do sit still I get extremely sleepy.
I've been doing some counter push ups but haven't been keeping my arms close to my sides. How many reps did you do? I'm working on my arms and abs this month.

Shad
I really don't envy the renovations going on at your house. But I'm sure they will be worth it.

---------
Yesterday was church and we were with out an organist and pianist at one point. Tom asked me to play but I'm not ready for this part of it yet. I'm going to work really hard this week. He told me to pick out a couple of songs and practice and he would let me play during opening. Our organist was bitten by a stray cat and is having a very hard time getting the wound healed. She had one surgery to clean out the wound and now another one because the wound had started to drain. I've ordered a metronome to help me keep time. Practiced both piano and organ this afternoon.
Have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon.
Been having weird dreams. Last night I dreamed I was floating on the clouds. It was so relaxing. Sunday morning I woke up shaking from a dream. I don't remember that one.

Hello's to the rest.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-31-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:03 PM   #75  

Busy day at work, even with the boss out on vacation. I am trying to get ahead on some things.

I have been working out on the treadmill and recumbent bike, trying to give my foot a bit of a break from the pounding when walking. It seems to help as my foot isnt as sore as it was. I see the ortho next week.

I am looking forward to Wednesday as I am going with my friend Genny and my DH to see the Goo Goo Dolls and I believe that Phillip Phillips is opening for him.

Shad: thanks for the pictures. I never knew those existed. I do think it is a good option if you only have one bathroom, we only have one.

Laura: I cant imagine being on a train when it hits a pedestrian! Are they going fast when that happens? I have ridden the Meto in DC and I imagine the train there is the same sort of thing.

Annie: Glad to hear no surgery for the shoulder. Did the shot help the pain? I know you dont like exercise but I think the therapy will help. I dont know about doing it at homd right off, I am not sure I would push myself if it hurt and I loved all the icing and massage they did for me when I finshed my therapy exercises. They help me feel better and get a better range of motion.

Sorry to hear abour all the stomach sickness in the house. Hopefully everyone is doing better now and it is all over.

Hi to Happy and Ceejay.