Old 05-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon! The sun has been out most of the day but is starting to play hide 'n seek with dark clouds moving in; rain tonight and tomorrow is predicted by the not-so-popular weatherman. There wasn't much money at church this morning so I was done and gone before the office officially opened at 9. The gift shop deposit was skimpy too, so that is in the bank and checks returned to the hospital. Washer and dryer are both working hard. Bob has a board meeting at 5 so not sure anything is on tap for supper. They usually have cheese, meat, crackers, fruit, and veggies to munch on during their meeting.

"Gma," perhaps the commissary has turned over a new leaf for customer service. That would be great! I fell asleep last evening, as did Bob, and then couldn't go to sleep when I go to bed. I hate when I do that and try not to, but sometimes it just happens. Beth said it looked like the lifeguards were taking water samples and adding something to the pool water. The trouble was no one was telling the guests why they couldn't go in the water. The two brothers, who own the house behind the cabin bought it. They now own 75' of sandy beach, walkout level from the cabin and house to the water. Most of the lake real estate, and we are talking multi million dollar homes, have a flight of stairs to get to the water and then no beach, just rocks. Supposedly, to build on the water, it cost $15,000 a foot. Bob checked on their property taxes, plus the cabin, and their taxes will be over $1,000 a month, and their house is just a regular two story house, not fancy but nice. One lives in Omaha and comes up every weekend during the summer, off and on during the winter. The other brother now lives in a southern state but travels this area on business once a month so can stay in the house. They both have adult kids and starting the round of grandchildren.

Not much going on otherwise. Enjoy a marvelous Monday evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #32  

Good morning, ladies! Another rainy day with a high of 60 degrees.

Thursday is Glory Bee and I am making Kaluha Pork. I'm the hostess this month.

Donna, when I went to the knee and hip replacement seminar, the doctor said they can't replace knees if anyone weighs more than 250 pounds because that is all the replacement can support. He had one lady who gained 70 pounds and her knee failed. It sure is worth losing weight and keeping it off to have it done. I have to get rid of at least as many clothes as what i bought. I am always cold so like heavier shirts.

Jean, that was the price for my first surgery. Second surgery is 2 weeks from tomorrow. The actual knee implant was included in the hospital bill but it was $25,836.50. I'll have some pretty expensive knees when this is done. Water-front property here is also sky-high and taken over by the millionaires. In addition to the propery tax, we also have personal property tax on cars, trucks, boats, etc. It really wasn't safe to go back in that water at the water park so soon. The Y shocks the pool with a massive dose of chlorine and then it is closed for at least 24 hours or until the chlorine level is back down to a safe amount. Bacteria multiples over time so that little bit of testing was not very effective.

Have a wonderful day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #33  

This thread is closed. Please go to #8
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote