Old 07-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've been missing in action.

Annie
Glad that your test results for the Hep C is negative. and that your UTI is getting better. My nephew is staying with his wife more. I'm glad, but he makes it a point to come over here to check on me. He came by today and brought the boys but I was not here. I know they were here as the toys have been played with and still left out of the box. Wish I were here to have been with the. I was in Ash Grove at my sister's.

Laura
Hope the bf get the plumbing at his moms fixed with out to much trouble. Why does you mom think her place is haunted/cursed? Hope the inserts helps the foot.

Happy
Putting out fires and over book prices. Wow. I wouldn't mind doing the book section.
Apple turnovers is one of my weakness. I don't keep them in the house for that reason.

Shad
That's neat that Ruthxx is getting married. Did she mention to whom she was getting married to.
-------------------------
Nothing going on in my little world. Busy with life.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #332  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Local vicar I think Ceejay. Apparently a whirlwind courtship and engagement.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #333  

Height: 5'7"

I have been MIA!

Work got crazy...you all know that when I go missing it is due to work. Our new President is coming for a visit next week. We found out on Wednesday.

My VP was also here last week as her daughter gets married this coming weekend and she has extended her trip here after the wedding to be here when the new President comes. We have scrambled to get meetings set up, a town hall...crazy...and we have a dignitary from the Chinese government coming as well the same week. We knew about that and had things planned and trying to shift it all around so it works...crazy.

I am on vacation this week and it is a Staycation like Annie. I do have to log in each day from 10 a.m. and 10 p.m to check for any emails with the upcoming visits and if something needs done to work on that. They told me to keep track of my time and they will give that back to me in vacation hours.

I had a nice loss at TOPS on Thursday, down 2.2 lbs. I'm down 62.2 lbs since the day after Christmas 2016.

That is about all that is going on here. Sorry I have been MIA....I have missed all of you!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #334  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I know I should switch out to a new thread but not at the moment. I have a headache right now and am a bit foggy on coming up with a new title. Spent most of the weekend at the shop on those darned books. Ceejay I would love to have you as help. The price stickers we picked don't stick to the book spines very well. We have to put them on the spines because the cashiers who do what they want find it TOO MUCH EFFORT to look at each book on the upper right corner when the stickers would stay just fine. So because some people buy 6 books at a time, we have to put it on the spines. I told N that the stickers are easily peeled off (and unscrupulous people will indeed take them off as we are finding removed price stickers all over the store). She said her first priority is to get the books priced even if the stickers won't stick. So I told her to just go and price them and I am following behind putting clear tape over the sticker. And there were 20 books of donations which I went through and sorted and stacked and boxed up some of the things like music cassette tapes that we don't want to keep any more. I ran out of time to tape book stickers so 2 hours after I was going to originally leave after spending another 5 hours at the store, I took a call from DH. He came and picked me up and we went to a very popular place for pizza. Well this is heck week for living in this town - the most busy week of the entire year here filled with all sorts of out of towners taking up our spaces. We wound up going to our favorite Italian restaurant. They had just opened for the night so we had no problems getting in. We sat on the patio and ordered drinks and pizza and salad. It was a GORGEOUS day so it was expecially nice. Up until 8pm you can enjoy the outside before the bugs set in. Came home and about 30 minutes afterwards 2 bear cubs wandered into our yard nosing around. DH went out to take down the hummingbird feeders from the deck and they didn't like the noise (although they were hungry) and left. I was going to go into the store to finish up today but I am working 11 to 3 tomorrow - everyone else "took the holiday off" including today's regular volunteers. I didn't want to leave my winter partner all alone - she is 82 so I am going in to be with her as this is a busy time at the store also. So since I am already going to be there tomorrow I decided heck with today. I am getting tired already and if N is not concerned about people pulling off price stickers, well then I'm not going to worry about it either. I'll do some laundry and cleaning today. Am still debating about getting peaches from the peach truck. I do have 13 of them I got in the replacement order - do I need 25 pounds? No I think not. I have about 5 or 6 jars left from what I canned last year. I might head over there later this afternoon when they come and pick up some blueberries also. If they have some, I'll get some, if not I'll won't. Simple as that.

It's hot and dry - perfect weather for boating except the lakes are all very crowded and we have alot of lakes mind you. You have to get out early to have enough space to park your car and boat trailer. Especially when some ignoramus parks his new truck and boat trailer perpendicular across 5 parking spaces on the lot (much like the bloke who took up all the bicycle spaces at Laura's train station). The jerk didn't want anyone banging his new truck so he took 5 parking spaces at a very busy lake lot which is the easiest way to invite retaliation if you ask me. Anyway we will keep it close to home and perhaps try the little lake a half mile from our house if we are itching to take the boat out.

DH is in a touchy bad cranky mood. He was expecting the landscape people to come and finishing the mulch and plantings. They - like most contractors up this way - will not give you advance notice that they are coming. They just show up. With them they are dependent on the weather and even though they work in rain, they cannot work in the downpours we have had recently. Especially since they are working alot with manure (ick!!!). So we just have to be patient. He is not. Being cranky won't make it happen any faster. Just don't pick a fight with me buster.

Susie - sounds like work keeps you hopping no matter what. Hope you get enough time to enjoy your staycation. Keep up the good efforts on the weight loss. Saw your dresses on FB - hope you were able to sell them. Very pretty summer dresses.

Ceejay - that is sweet that the nephew is checking on you. Hope he can work out his issues with his family and be together again. Does he live far from you? Are you practicing the organ or have you been too busy.

Shad - I was wondering if you were going to finally retire. Sounds like your pension system is more social based than ours which is based on how much you paid in over the years. Of course there are drains here from the social aspect - for example I am against the fact that grandmothers who are saddled with their hapless kids children are able to collect welfare payments for their care instead of the parents stepping up to be responsible. And that has just enabled our society today with the casual approach to child care. It does take away from what we who have paid in will get. But I digress. I hope that you can manage enough to get by. Our biggest retirement costs are taxes and health care. Anything else you can just about manage except for unexpected high heating costs that pop up occasionally. And travel. It seems that you need lots of money stacked up from that money tree in the yard if you want to spend your retirement travelling. Poor Sunday the cat. As like our Meadow, they do seem to adjust rather well to a toothless mouth. I hope she can maintain her slight weight, slim as she already is. How do you tell when the beets are the right size to eat? Pull one out and pack it back down if too small? The one year I grew carrots I had the same concern.

Hope the rest of you are enjoying a nice long weekend with good weather. Don't know if we will go out for a fireworks display tomorrow. When it's really warm the gunpowder in the air from people shooting off fireworks as well as the big display can get rather gagging.

As for me it's time to get busy with things. Tah for now
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:15 AM   #335  

Morning all.

Happy - Although I love most sweets, including pastry, apple turnovers aren't something I've succumbed to. Apple fritters are another matter, lol. ==Glad you were able to handle the bingo while your partner dealt with the critter. It's kind of a blessing to know you won't be tempted by the food offerings at bingo!! == Are you going to get another cortisone shot in your knee?? == Bummer that the pricing stickers are not sticking to the spines of the books!! Awful to think that there are people removing price tags in a shop that supports a good cause. == I agree- the guy parking his truck & boat trailer across multiple spots is asking for trouble.. I hope you can get your boat out during the nice weather.

Shad - I do find it odd that the relatively inexpensive medical items aren't covered by insurance like the shoe inserts, but foot surgery would be covered. Or that the US medicare system has no dental coverage. == I do think our government's social security will eventually change and limit the amount collected by people who are "too rich" as you say. Even though we've paid in all our lives...
== I wonder what it is that's growing out of your compost pile?? Shall we all make guesses? Flower, veg, or weed? I'll be the cynic & guess weed, lol. I hope Sunday the cat is adjusting to fewer teeth & managing to eat an adequate amount. == Safe travels to see the granddaughter - don't forget those earplugs!! = Oh, yes, I occasionally lurk on the thread Ruthxxx posts on & saw she was engaged. But I've fallen off on my lurking & don't know the details.

Ceejay - Bf thinks my mom's place is cursed because the projects he does over there always have some difficulty or other... = Nice that your nephew comes to check in on you.

Susie - I hope you don't have to work too much on your staycation. == Saw the post on fb selling your dresses - have you thought about joining a private Facebook virtual garage sale group in your local area? Maybe you can reach buyers that way. == Another great loss last week!!

Hellos to the rest of you! Happy Fourth of July to those of us in the USofA!
==
Been keeping slightly busy this weekend. Saturday I shopped all afternoon with my mom while Bf reinstalled her plumbing in the kitchen. I was tired after all the walking around the giant home improvement store followed by the equally giant grocery store. Mom's got stamina, that's for sure.

On Sunday I went to my friend B's house. We rode our bikes on the trail near her house, and then caught up over lunch afterwards.

Yesterday my mom and I went for a stroll around the lovely grounds of her community - there's a nice path that goes around the large pond. They have a pair of swans there to keep the geese away, and there are baby swans right now. Cute. We'll have to see the raised veggie gardens and the "summer house" another time. We stopped a few times to sit & didn't get over to see those areas.

I finally sprayed all the weeds yesterday afternoon. We'll see in a few days if I mixed the weed killer concentrate with the right amount of water...

Yesterday evening bf's mom took bf & I to dinner at a Japanese seafood/ steak restaurant - where they cook at your table. It was delicious. That was my birthday gift, which we never got to last year because she had fallen and broke her hip that day. I'm so happy she's doing pretty well after all that.

Today I might go to our town's parade, but I really want to finally get the rest of the flowers planted. I can do both if I'm not too lazy, lol. I guess we'll go to see fireworks tonight.

Back to work tomorrow, but it'll be quiet, I'm sure. The boss will be out, yay for that.

Okay, time to cut & paste & post. Have a great day everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #336  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone!

Happy:I dont think I would be able to put up with what you put up with at the thrift store, especially since you dont have to.

Your commet about DH being cranky....My husband gets that way when we thinks something should be done differently....it can be anoying for sure.

It sounds like things are crowded with tourists in your area, hopefully you will get to get on the lake and that you can enjoy fireworks somewhere.

I did get all my desses sold...and turned around today and ordered 4 new pair of sandles from Payless to put back for next year. I love to shop!

Laura: It is very nice you spend time with your mother at the grocery and it sounds like you had a nice visit with your friend.

Hello to Ceejay, Shad and Annie!

I need to go finish cleaning the bathroom and then get s shower. We are going out with some friends for the late evening. We were thinking about going to fireworks in Blue Ash because the band Reo Speedwagon is playing before them but I had a IC flare Sunday and Monday and I really dont want to have to use thr porta pottys if I would have to.

I am feeling better today, thank goodness but still using the pills that numb my bladder and urinary track to keep the frequency under control. A IC flare feels like a uti or bladder infection but no bacteria is present when tested. I have at home test strips so I can check when needed. Hopefully that isnt TMI! Lol
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:17 AM   #337  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Don't post here anymore. Go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post5321564
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote