Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 11:23 AM   #76  

Howdy chickies!

Well, yesterday Blair was PACKED!! We've never seen it that busy and mom's been going over there for years and years. There were two busses full of rude people from Niagara, NY. We found a couple of things though. I got a nice pair of black dress pants for $2 and a pair of black medium heeled dress shoes for $2 and a nightshirt for $1. Can't complain about that! Mom got a cordouroy (sp?) jumper for $3.99 and a fleece coat for $2. I can't remember what else she got. Deb got one of the $3.99 coats, too.

I was kinda disappointed in the leaves over there, though. They weren't as far along as I expected them to be. It seems to be more colorful over here in the Mahoning Valley than over there in the foothills of the mountains! In a week or 2 Mum and I will go down to the Amish country an hour south of here and should see some nice fall colors then...who knows. It's all up to the weather and who can know what's up with that??? Do you all have color changes where you are?

Dana, sleep in while you can, Mommy! What will you do to keep the kids busy while they are off?

Deborah, I have a couple of Miss Piggy pix from when I worked at PharMor in the early '90's. If I can find them, I'll scan them and send them to you. I won 1st prize in the contest then.

Ann, do you get much variation in the colors down there? Our maples color up really nicely. It's about the only thing I like about Autumn. It really means that Winter is coming tooooo soon for me! I will be praying for you about the surgery.

Daph and Mavis...what's happening????

I go the the chiropractor today and it isn't a moment too soon! When I stretch, I go into muscle spasms...OUCH!!!! Then, we're going to a fish fry. ANOTHER buffet. I SIMPLY MUST GET MYSELF UNDER CONTROL!!!!! Pray for me, girls. I think that only God has the power to get me going! I got a new sitting workout from Richard Simmons the other day and haven't even opened the package yet! There is an audio tape with it. I think I'll take it along today and listen to it on the way to the doctor. Maybe he'll say something to spur me along!

Well, got to go and shower and get myself dressed. Talk to you all later.

Love,
Old 10-10-2003, 02:53 PM   #77  
Queen of My Life

Wink Friday

Hello Everyone!

Mavis and Daphne....POST SOON!!

Dana...How is the sleeping In??? I saw a neat way to make cards the other day, and of course I thought of you. The cards are made with wall paper borders. The fancy embosed kind, which you paint with a bright color (red, blue) and then wipe gold paint over it to catch the outline of the pattern. They came out very beautiful. I am thinking of trying some for Christmas...that is if I can get to a home decorating store...lol

Gayle....On the deals you gals got up at Blairs. Fried Fish...I love it, luckily for me, my kids don't...But you are right Girl friend you have to get yourself under control with all these Buffets....LOL
Here I am wishing we had a place like that to go to...I am so bad I would love to stuff myself on Fish, fried or otherwise. I had planned to loose the whooping 45lbs by Thanksgiving that the magazine touted was posible with their diet! But I just couldn't stick to the Meat and Veggie diet. And I only lost the 5lbs and I had to fight to keep that off.

I have had a rollercoaster of a week. Yesterday, I got a speeding ticket on the way home (and I only work 2 miles away). So that is going to be a nice $120 for traffic school, that I don't have. Plus, next week I am suppose to go to the dentist and get $100 worth of work done. And the end of the month is Tiff's B-day. I called BJ yesterday and she never called back. I called her this morning and she was in a bad mood. I am not sure what is going on with her, possibly her DH again. I don't know. But I have to tell ya all, I was feeling mighty lonely last night, when I didn't have anyone to cry on their shoulder about the ticket. I know that I am a "big" girl, but when stuff happens...I want to share it with someone...work it out...B*tch and moan. But I just had to work through it, on my own. And you know what. It was better that I had to let it go and not dwell on it...because I got over it much quicker than if I vented. I am still not happy about it, and I am still feeling lonely, but I also came to some kind of self realization that some how I will find the money and life will go on.

I know that it is bad...but tonight I am going to get a and enjoy every greasy, gooey bite! I miss it. I have been walking still with a co-worker, Her name is Bobbi. We did 3 laps this morning and we are going to try to do 3 this afternoon...That will be 1 1/2 miles...Yahoo! Not great...but it is better than nothing. I also got on the scale this morning and I am at 275. Not bad, but way above where I want it to be.

Well, I got to get back to the old grind!
Love to all,
DRINK THAT WATER LADIES!!!
Deborah

PART 2 *****
I decided to just edit this post instead of making a new one!

I finally got to talk to BJ today and found out what is bumming her out, and basically it is "Lack of support or help from DH". She is feeling like she is doing everything on her own. (both DH and her Dad, Ray haven't paid her their third of the rent). She is the one who is doing all the shopping, planning all the parties and doing all the PTA stuff and neither of the other 2 adults in her household are contributing. She had a really bad evening and fight with DH last night and went to bed early with a headache. Only to wake up to a thrashed house and nothing taken care of to make her morning more smoothly. It is like, if she isn't there to push them, no one does anything. I can totally relate because that happens at my house all the time...if I go to bed because I am exhausted, no one else lifts a finger...the difference that she pointed out is that I am dealing with kids...she lives with two other adults.

The thing I am worried about is that, she doesn't feel justified in complaining! Mostly she got in a fight withDH because she wanted to buy a purse and DH said "well, lets go to K-mart". That really made her mad, because she does so much for other's and really cares when she shops for others and instead of him wanting to get her the very best purse, he thought of the cheapest store around. Not that she isn't thrifty, but she keeps her purses for a long time it would be nice to get her a decent one that would last. So anyway, BJ thinks her anger is petty, because there are a hundred other things she needs to buy, with 3 B-days coming up in the next month and she has an old purse she is using. But I think she needs to start treating herself like she treats the rest of us and go to the store and get the purse she wants and is happy with. I don't think her getting herself a purse is wrong at all!

Got to go and finish work...take care everyone...Now I am thinking about Chinese food for dinner instead of pizza...lol
love ya all,
Deborah
Oh Ya...And I walk another 4 lap...Who hoo!! 1 3/4 miles today!!!

Last edited by velvetblonde; 10-10-2003 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:08 PM   #78  
Queen of My Life

Thumbs down Saturday evening

Hello Everyone!
Well, I took the kids up the hill to a park that has camp ground and we went bike riding, I didn't get much riding done..I pooped out after about a 1/4 of mile. (it was on an incline and dirt road). I talked to BJ earlier today, she and family are selling stuff at a flea market at Tiff's school. By noon she had made $65. After the kids and I went on our ride we loaded up the bikes and headed home, but stopped to get lunch at Burger king.

Then we swung by Chris's and Zech's house. I think you all remember my wacky friend Chris who use to leave Zech over here till 6pm after school when I wasn't working. Well, I was shocked, but she is in Jail! I am not sure what she did...something about hit and run? Her man Henery was laying on the bed naked with just a pillow over his crotch and I didn't want to stay and chat... if you know what I mean. I really feel sorry for the kids. There was some druggy guy hanging out there watching the kids (I have no idea who he was). It was really depressing to be over there. Anyway, I talked to zech and he has only been in school for 2 weeks there was a problem getting into the school by his house. (I don't know if I mentioned but Joseph's school found out he didn't live in Palo Alto and won't let him come to school here any more.)

Well, I have to get off of here, my right shoulder and elbow
have been hurting for a couple of days and my desk here is not the most comfortable.

DRINK WATER ALL
Deborah
Old 10-12-2003, 11:15 AM   #79  

Hello Ladies

We went to DH's company picnic yesterday and we had such a good time. DH got to spend a lot of time with his youngest grand daughter (she will be a year old in Nov.) He walked her around, put her on the swings, and just played with her. He has never gotten to see her for more than an hour at a time and he doesn't get to see her very much. We played bingo but none of us won anything and at the end of the picnic they have door prizes just for the workers and they give them 1 ticket for the drawing. DH didn't win anything either. They called the # 502 for the gas grill and his # was 501. Oh well we enjoyed it. Today is a nothing day. We have no plans. I am getting ready to go to church this morning. We actually had a night alone last night. Amanda went to a haunted haouse in Chatanooga with her half sister, her HD and Amanda's friend Nicole, whos brither is married to Amanda's half sister., so she spent the night with her last night and Amber went home with Alisha.

At the picnic, one of the men DH works with, wife had the gastric bypass surgery about a year ago and I got to talk to her and I am glad I got to talk to her and she told me she would do it all over again in a heart beat. She said she felt so much better and could do so many more things and enjoys life so much more. She has lost about 89lbs.

I got an email from Daphne yesterday. She has a cold and hasn't been feeling very well lately.

Hope you all are doing well and I will address each of you later today cause right now I have to get ready for church.
Ann
Old 10-12-2003, 12:04 PM   #80  

Deborah, 1 3/4 miles! Great job. And bike riding??? You are turning into superwoman!! Keep going and you just might inspire me!!! In fact, I'm getting up right now and going to get that new Richard tape I bought and I'm going to [SIZE=HUGE]DO IT!!![/SIZE] Be right back...la la la dum-de-dum-de-dum...ok, I'm back!!! Ok, Richard is now yelling at me! You know how he is.... I'm not doing it yet, but I will be able to do it all. It's more of a cardio workout than the one I already have. It looks like a good thing to get me moving but not strain my back. And in conjunction with the other sitting one I have of his, it should give me some variation in the workouts so that I won't get bored. Thanks, Deborah, this is your inspiration.

I'm glad you worked out your problems the other night. I know how much a speeding ticket hurts. Thank God I haven't gotten one for a few years, but It's not because I haven't deserved one or ten...or twenty!!

Yes, BJ deserves a new purse!! That's the least that she should have. What do Lenny and Ray use all their money on that they can't help her with the rent???

Should Zeck maybe be put into the children's services system? He really doesn't have a chance where her is now, does he? Poor kid.

Oh, man, does pizza sound good! Mom and I had chinese carryout last week one day and that was pretty yummers, too!

Ann, did you enjoy your evening alone with dh? I'll bet it was nice for a change even if you only watched some tv. The picnic sounds like it was really fun. How nice that dh got to spend so much time with the grandbaby.

How great that you got to talk to someone who has had a good experience witht he bypass surgery! I hope it's the answer for you. I know myself and I'd gain it all back! I need to work on the reasons that I feel the need to eat all the time. I'm obviously "stuffing" feelings, needs, disappointments, fears, or something...all the above, maybe??!!

How was church, you good people who go? That's another thing I need to get back to. I know 'things' in my life would go better if I spent more time worshipping.

Hope the weekend is going well for the rest of you.

Daph, hope you are feeling better soon! We miss you.

I'm going to go and try some of this Richard tape. It's a little long for me right now, but I can work up to finishing it I know!

Talk to you all later.

Love,
Old 10-12-2003, 02:31 PM   #81  
Queen of My Life

Red face Sunday Morning

Hello Everyone!

Ann....Sorry to hear that Dh didn't win anything at the picni, but it sounded like you all had fun anyway. It is great that your DH got to spend time with his grandbaby! Did you and DH enjoy a night alone? How was church?

Gayle...How was the tape? Did you get up and shake your booty? I have to get some exercise in today too. We ended up having Chinese Food the other night. The kids out voted me...lol. What are your plans for the rest of the weekend? Did your friend come over for dinner?

Nothing much is happening here today, except the kids are making messes left and right. I made smoothees for breakfast and Joseph knocked it over onto my rug. I was down on my knees trying to get the milky/yogurty stuff up before it sunk in and stinks my whole house up. I had some carpet cleaner spray that I used and hopefully I got all the funk out of it... Then, I had also made almond poppyseed muffins. (I didn't have any eggs so I substituted applesauce. However, I remembered applesauce replaces "oil"...lol So I didn't put oil in them either...needless to say that they aren't the tastiest muffins I've made. And they didn't rise either ) Darcie tried to help me, by putting another batch of muffins in the oven and tips the tin over onto the door. So I was in the kitchen Cleaning batter off a hot oven door. The Joys of Motherhood One mess after another Today we are going to clean the apartment up and do some laundry. I need to get off of here my shoulder is still hurting.

MAVIS, DAPHNE AND DANA...POST SOON!!!

Love to all
Deborah

Old 10-12-2003, 02:50 PM   #82  

Well it certainly is nice to see all the posts on a sunday morning. Well I would have posted this morning but I DO go to church. Most sundays in fact! I feel more relieved and energized so to speak when I've been to church and if you don't after going to the church I go to that calls itself the "extreme church" then you must be dead indeed.

Ann the picnic you talked about sounded much like what my DH does at christmas. they are talking about doing it again this year but outside rather than in a moose lodge. It will be too cold near christmas to be outside if you ask me. Last year was fun and delicious though. i really don't like to be around my DH's coworkers cause I don't want them to think i'm as stupid acting as he can be. Who knows how it truly is at the plant??

I am another one that needs to jump on the band wagon of exercising. i am seriously considering walking again as many days as I can. There was 2 tracks I had been too and only one of them is layed out so you know exactly how far you've been but the one at our city depot is on recycled tires and feels much better to walk on. I have a pedometer that i can measure to see how far I walk in miles and steps. needless to say, the steps will be larger than the mileage.

I'm glad someone heard from daphne again and really miss her posting daily. She's one that never fails to remind me of how lucky I am to have well-behaved kids. NOT!! But you have to admit, that Robert used to be a pistol didn't he.

Mavis how is eleanor today? Is she still in her same situation? I miss your posts to and are you back into swimming again yet?

Deb i had a vision of the batter on the oven. Who can say they've never had that scenario before?? You've done great on your walking and now you just need something to do on weekends to keep you inspired and not to allow your body to get out of the habit of being worked. I need the same thing. My mama has the Leslie Sansone videos and using the in home walking one daily. She loves it. I've been looking at them on ebay but may buy a new one at walmart this week when I need to start christmas shopping seriously. My SIL's DH wants a lowe's gift card and that's the only person that's told me anything.

Do you guys work the holiday tomorrow? The kids are still out of school and will return on wed. Well I need to work on some more cards, I had sold all that was on ebay and that only leaves some books now. Have a good sunday.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:40 PM   #83  
Queen of My Life

Angry Anti- Columbus Day

Hello Everyone!

Dana...That "Extreme Church" sound fun! I wish there was something like that over here. My church is Boring I can't even pretend anymore to want to go to church. How are the kids doing? No School today, what are you up to? How long are the kids off?

Yes, I am here at work and the kids are in school. We don't celebrate Columbus day around here, except for the banks. And BJ is off of work today too. (she works for a law firm from NY).

Everyone Post soon!

For it being a holiday...I have been busy! So busy infact that I started this post this morning and it is almost 5pm now and that is all I got to type.
Love to all,
DRINK WATER
Deborah
Old 10-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #84  
Queen of My Life

Red face Quick post From Work

((((((((((WHERE ARE YOU ALL)))))))))))))))

Hey ladies what is up where are you all?

I have gotten some emails from ya, but no one is posting.

Nothing much is going on in my life, but BJ is still feeling the sting of having her purse stolen. She has been trying to get the DMV department to release her driving record, because her insurance is trying to raise her prememium a $100 a month. She has been fighting with the motor vehicles since last week, she even took time off on Friday to go down there, all to no avail. Well, this morning she finally got a hold of someone to help her, and found out why the hold is on her license. "Someone else had been using her ID since 1996"
Now they want her to bring proof of who she really is, because they have two sets of finger prints and two different pictures for one name. No one at DMV or anywhere else caught this until the theft...can you believe it !!! Now BJ is waiting by the phone for the DMV to call her back, so she can go down to their "special" burea and bring evidence that she is who she says she is. I hope they are able to show her the picture of who else is using her ID...it would be terrible...but what if it is someone she knows.

As for me, we walked 3 laps yesterday and I want to do more today.

I hope you all are having a good week... POST SOON!
Deborah

I

Old 10-14-2003, 07:06 PM   #85  

OMG Deb I can't wait to hear more about BJ's issues. That's crazy. It's almost a God send that this happened to her now or who knows how long it could have been going on? Has she lost her license before? I think she has every right to see who it was cause she can sue them. i guess they will be prosecuted anyway. What about the person who has just gotten her license? There could be 3 BJ's then!! We can renew and replace our license online now. We can also check our records. I did that last week. That is free and i had to get Kevin a replacement cause his was cracked in half from either being in his back pocket or being washed so many times or probably a combination of both.

My kids are returning to school tomorrow and I'm sure it will be difficult for me to get up before 8 but it has to be done. I have to go to the bank, post office, walmart, grocery store and I"m going to start walking again as well. I will report how far it is when I get home from doing it. I'm taking my pedometer with me if I don't forget. It's in my pocket book but if I don't put it on, it won't do me any good. i want to remember to weigh too so I know where I'm starting from. I know it's at least @%) and if you can replace that on your keyboard then you will know the exact numbers.

I'm going to make an effort to buy at least 1 christmas gift tomorrow. It's mid october already and I have normally started long before now. I want to get the boys a 19" tv for their room and I plan on using my grandmothers money for them toward a Game Cube so they will leave my PS2 alone. I don't expect to buy that tomorrow though.

Well I hope everyone else is thriving. I need to take a bath soon. they are calling for some rough weather momentarily here and the wind is up high already.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #86  

Hi. I'm still here. Just lazy.

Deborah, I hope they get this mess straightened out for BJ. Has she checked her credit report lately? This identity theft thing is really getting out of hand these days! We have stopped throwing anything away that has our names or id numbers on them. I asked for a shredder for Christmas. I've been saving the paper with all the info and taking it over to Deb's camp and burning it in the campfire. Only problem with that is that we accumulate so much stuff that it becomes a problem to store it till I can get over there to burn it. ~~ How has it been to be bringing the kids to work with you? Are they bored out of their skulls, or are they helping you?

And about the Richard Simmons tape...I watched it but didn't attempt it yet. I am in a funk these days. I don't know what's wrong. I almost feel depressed but not quite. It's weird! It's actually keeping me from eating a lot of extra food other than meals because I'm tooo lazy to get up and cook myself something and too poor to buy junk that I don't have to cook! But, on the other hand, I'm ordering too much from QVC and HSN and putting it on the credit cards. What's up with that???? It is about to become a real problem. I think I'm trading one addiction for another. I'm a mess on the inside. I'm also just ignoring the stuff that has to be done out at the house. I'm just pretending that there isn't a lot of work to be done out there. Then there's my house! It is only just marginally better than it was when I vowed to get it cleaned up! I'm just sitting here treading water.

I guess one good thing is that I have an appointment at the end of the month with my counselor at the Mental Health Clinic. Maybe she'll be able to help me to see what's driving these problems. I warned you all not to ever let me start rambling and venting!! I wonder how long I could go on....

We had some interesting and puzzling things happen here at our apartment building. The other morning 5 of our tenents awoke to find a red powder outside their doors. They all just happen to be people who have had recent run-ins with another of our flakier tenents. So, they had the police here and they had to call in hazmat crews and samples were sent to the FBI. I don't thing it was anything dangerous because no one has had any ill effects. Then a night or two later some vandalizing was done in the parking lot. A couple of windows were broken. Then, a couple of nights ago, something (they think brake fluid) was poured into 3 of those same people's gas tanks. Now we have to use keys to get into the building 24/7. The doors used to be open from 8 am till 5 pm Mon thru Fri. I think they are locking IN the perpetrator. But they have to do something. The cops questioned that weird tenent and he denied any involvement...shock, shock!

Dana, how was getting up today? Hope it wasn't too difficult. I know what that's like. I'm used to not having to get up any day and when I have to set the alarm it's really hard to get moving.

Daph, I hope things are ok with you. I'm worried about you.

Ann, Mavis, how are things? Come on in and update us.

Ann, tell us the latest on getting the loan for the new house. That must be very exciting. I know how excited I was just moving into an apartment!

I'm going to get off here and do nothing. Talk to you all later.

Love,
Old 10-15-2003, 05:43 PM   #87  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I am here and still sick. I was up until 4 am last night having trouble breathing. I need to go to the Doctor but then she will just say take 2 tylenol and get rest and fluids. I found out this last week that sudfed knocks me out! Tyleno cold does the same thing to me as well. I slept most of the weekend thanks to cold meds.
I did start my period finally. First one since August. Not to be gross but I am wondering if it is a miscarriage now. I am bleeding very heavily and having some bad clots and I have never done that before.
I hope to get to feeling better so I can post more but need to go to sleep I think.
Loves ya all,
Daphne
Old 10-15-2003, 06:55 PM   #88  

Daphne you really need to go to the Dr. for both of your reasons. I've never had a miscarriage but I've heard that as you near menopause that can happen. You have taken such good care of those kids but now it's time to see about you. You only live once and we all love you and can't wait for you to be well to post regularly again.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #89  

Daph! Please see a doctor. Dana's right...you HAVE to take care of yourself. Do you have an OB-GYN? But at lease see your medical doctor. We're too close to flu season to ignore things like a cold.

Keep us updated. But, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!

Love,
Old 10-17-2003, 06:17 AM   #90  

Gayle, you got some good bargains again. Lucky lucky lucky. As for getting the loan for the trailer, it has already been approved. The hold up is that the lot we are going to put it on has an old house on it that we are going to have to tear down so as soon as we get that done and the lot leveled then we can find a trailer we really like. I am still looking. Found several that I like.

Daphne, you difinitely need to go to the Dr. I had a miscarriage and what I passed looked like some one had blown a bubble with bubble gum and it had like 4 chambers and then it had all this clots and blood attached to the bottom of it (is this a little to much info) and I bleed a lot. Are you old enough for menopause.
Oh either time zone will be ok.

Well I go for my seminar on Tue. I am excited. I just hope the insurance co. will approve the surgery. I know this will be a long process.

Hi Dana, Deb and Mavis.
will chat later.
Ann
Closed Thread