Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 12:46 AM   #31  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

OK I am here finally. I have had a bad migrain last 2 days and finally the pain is better
Old 09-20-2003, 08:06 AM   #32  

Hello everyone, here is the proverbial bad penny once again!!! The weather here is still beautiful, we have had a glorious summer this year so perhaps winter won't seem so long. At least here we don't get the extremes of weather like hurricanes etc that you get in the good ole US of A, and I'm certainly grateful for that.
Work is not going too badly at the moment, I keep crossing off each week on my chart which I keep on my kitchen door, I,ve got 47 weeks to go, roll on!!! The girl I work with was only agency staff but they advertised the job and she got it, I don't mind because she's a good worker and I get on with her quite well. The day after she signed her contract she informed them that she's 16 weeks pregnant. I thought it was quite cheeky of her but I also thought it was quite funny. I imagine that she will still be on maternity leave when I finish but I won't let that stop me going. After the way I was treated I don't feel any loyalty to them at all.
The best piece of news I have had recently is that I have been awarded Mobility allowance because of my arthritis, it has got really bad recently and I can't even get round the supermarket these days. It means that I can use my allowance and have a car on lease hire, I get a new car every three years and it includes free servicing insurance and road tax. I am really excited because I am having a merc, only a little merc but it is still quite a status symbol. It may not impress you over the pond but it sure as **** impresses me. Eleanor is having my old car. Though to be honest I'd rather have an old banger if it meant I could walk properly again.
Ron is also having problems with his knees, I think his is because he does a manual job and has had years of climbing ladders and kneeling on cold hard surfaces, I think like me he is ready for finishing.
Eleanor likes her new job apart from the fact that she has to start at 6am and she is finding that quite hard. I have to go for a while now but I will try and check back later to tell you more.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:01 AM   #33  

Mavis I find it strange with this contract stuff. Deb was talking about that yesterday as well. I don't know of any contracts in our state that you sign in order to work. There was a lady who was hired at my DH's work several months back and she was pregnant but didn't say until after she was hired and they later fired her. I think that is discrimination to the fullest. If it weren't for women becoming pregnant this big heads wouldn't have their jobs or even be here! I had a job working in a grocery store when I got pregnant with my 10 year old. I was promoted to working in the cash office just as i had at Staples and when word broke out that I was a few weeks pregnant, they took away my raise, good insurance benefits that were just offered and my promotion and told me "under the circumstances you'd be better staying on the floor as a cashier". EXCUSE ME!! I would have been better sitting in the office in a nice executive chair counting money. Well for about 2 weeks my job was falling apart in my eyes. I would be on schedule to work and show up and they would ask me why was I there. I wasn't on the schedule. Someone was erasing my name and changing it just before I would come in which would make them short on staff but was someones way of being mean to get me to quit. Then a girl I had just trained the month before to run register for me, she got the job I had been offered. I didn't stay but a few more days cause my sickness with the pregnancy got unbearable to work and I quit.

So the car you're talking about is a mercedes or a mercury?? They come from very different sides here in the US although mercury is not a cheap car here either. I'd be willing to bet you're talking about a mercedes though aren't you mavis? You go girl! I have a chevy and LOVE it cause she's 5 years old and has never let me down! That is neat though what they offer you in terms of free insurance and stuff. You get the car free as well? We don't pay property taxes on one of our vehicles do to having a disabled child but that's as far as they go in our states.

Well at any rate, I have dinner to cook in a couple hours and a party to head to in 6 hours. Hope you all have a super weekend and it was great to hear from you mavis. (you're not a penny, you're at least a quarter!)
Old 09-21-2003, 12:41 AM   #34  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Dana another party?? WOoohooo you go girl! I was ablle to post on the other thread but it didn't look like it at first. I really hate WM connect at times. C'est La Vie. I am too far behind in post to catc up so I will just say wooohooo to ya all. Megan will be back in school on Monday and Jason back in Seattle on Tuesday so I will have my time again come Tuesday. I reallt am shelfish that was with wanting my me time. I have Church in the morning and I am not that excited about going anymore. I would rather sleep in or play games on line or do anything but be there. It is boring the heck out of me anymore.
Chat soon and I love ya all!
Daphne
Old 09-21-2003, 09:58 AM   #35  

Greetings from a pleasant Sunday afternoon in the UK. I have had a really lazy day and intend having a lazy evening too.
To answer your questions Dana, my new colleague now she has signed her contract will be entitled to all her rights including full paid maternity leave. Don't misunderstand me I think that a womans job should be safe whilst she is having a baby but I do think that she should have been straight at the interview and told them that she was 16 weeks pregnant. Regarding my car it is a mercedes, I admit the smallest mercedes that they do but still a merc. The way the scheme works here is that the government pays you a weekly amount to cover your mobility problems and the choice is yours as to how you use it. This leasing scheme seems to good an opportunity to pass up as it covers all my other motoring costs apart from my fuel.
Eleanor has a new love in her life, she met him at work but he has now moved to another store to be a manager. He seems very pleasant but once again there are complications. He is 33 and though he was separated from his wife before Eleanor met him he is still married. He is in the throes of a custody battle over his two and a half year old son. There is nothing I can say or do, she is an adult now nd I can only be here to be a shoulder to cry on if things do go wrong. As regards the work she is finding it interesting though I think I mentioned before the drawback is the early start that she has. she is still dancing and I haven't seen her today because she had gone off to a rehearsal by the time I got up.
Hope that you are all Ok and that Dana & Daph are coping with all the problems their little ones have at the moment.
Speak to you all soon.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:46 PM   #36  

Hello Ladies,

Daphne, I am glad Megan is doing well. How are you doing. I have been having a lot of problems wm connect lately. It is so slow lately and it won't stay connected. How is weight watchers going. Have you lost any more weight.

Dana, how are thin gs going for you. How is Brett doing. How are things going on ebay. Have you made anymore cards. How are things going in school for the kids.

Deb, How are Joseph and Darcie. Have you found a place for them to stay after school. How are BJ and her family.

Gayle, hope you had a great vacation. How is the back doing.

Well things were quiet her for a while. It didn't last long. Caught Amanda smoking, she has been fighting with her sister, knocked her down in the floor and stomped her in the chest so hard it knocked the breath out of her. I whipped them both and grounded them. Teenagers . Oh what you ALL have to look forward to.
The weather has been nice and cool here. Today it is raining and we are under a flash flood watch.

I went back to church last Sunday and I find that I am not the one that has to deal with my feelings about certain things in the church I am not the one that has the problem and I am not going to even acknowledge the things that were bothering me cause I am not the one that has to answer for the other persons actions. I will go to church and live my life the way that person should be living theirs. and keep my nose in my own business. I know this is confusing not knowing what it is that I am talking about. So I will try for a short version of what I am talking about.
You all know that my DD#1 doesn't belong to my husband. Her bio. father came forward several months back. He is real good friends with the preacher and his wife. OK Sat. preachers wife called me to tell me she was glad to see me back in church and ask about the girls and what grade they were in dah da dah etc. then she ask about DD#1 and if she was happy and all of that and then she said I know Larry is just so proud of her (ya know for the way she has turned out--like he had everything to do with it) I didn't even acknowledge what she said. I will not give her the satisfaction of knowing how I really fill about that. They think I kept him from knowing that he had a daughter and that he is inocent in all of this. and she went on to say if there is anything you need to talk about or just want to talk we are here. I felt like she and the preacher think I should talk to him about this and I don't feel the need to talk to the preacher about anything cause I am sure he has heard the only story he needs to hear on this matter and that was Larry's. I felt the need to talk to the one that knew the truth and thats the only one I feel I should talk to and he see all and knows all and you can not hide the truth from him and that is OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN. what everyone else thinks I don't care.

well got to go . chat later
Ann

Last edited by tropicalfreeze; 09-22-2003 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:08 PM   #37  

Ann I totally agree with you on that. I don't know what everyone else cares in the first place. Does you DD have a relationship with her bio. father? Is that the daughter that's married? If it were me, before the end of time, I would tell the preacher's wife all about the TRUE side of it all. How do you and your ex end up going to the same church? Do you live in that small of a town?

The kids are doing fine in school here. I have sold some stuff on ebay including children's books and a few quilting books that I never used. I have made some new cards as well. I will be starting christmas cards pretty soon. I've gotten some new christmas stamps to use. Ann how to you manage to whip kids who are teenagers? I can't get ahold of my 10 year old. He's too big and practically gets me back. My grandmother always tells me that to take something away from them works better but I can't do that. They manage to find it or play with it when I"m not looking.

Daph- how did megan's first day back to school go? Did you get any peace today? Do you have any plans for your birthday?

It's been cooler and rainy here today. I like the showers. It's different weather for us. I'm going to get my hair cut thurs. morning. I haven't did that since back in may. I want it cut different but not sure how. Everybody here has the cut where the back of your hair flips up including my sister but I don't know if I want hair that nearly has to be washed daily. I used to have to wash my hair just to have to fix it when I was in high school and don't miss that at all. Now i"m lucky to wash it 3 times a week.

Our washer konked out yesterday. It would have been 10 years old in december so I guess it was time to stop. The dryer had been replaced about 2 years ago and the pulley that holds the belt needs replaced cause it squeaks so badly. My mom had offered several weeks back to let us put a new one on her lowe's charge card and pay on it weekly until it was paid for. That's about the only way we can do it anyway. I'm sure mama will notice that it's sitting in the back yard and realize that we don't have one.

My MIL was suppose to have surgery this morning but I havent' heard from her. Well anyway, I need to get lunch money ready for tomorrow. I hope you all are having a good day.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:32 PM   #38  
Queen of My Life

Talking Monday Monday

Hello Everyone!

Ann...WoW! I am sorry to hear about the Preacher and Wife being so judgemental. Maybe you should remind them about the scripture "judge not, lest ye be judged" (or something like that). I am very proud of you for going back to church even under these cercumstances. I am not clear though, on why you don't want to give them the Truth about your Ex. I know that it might not make a difference, they still might take your Ex's side, but at least you have been heard. I know that my Ex's family alway take his side and I am the evil one. They still back him even when there were police reports and evidence. You just can't change some peoples minds. I am really sorry though that it is causing you to feel under scrutiny when you are in church. I know that is not a good feeling at all. I guess if you have prayed on it and made your peace with G-d then you have done all that needs to be done.
As for those Girls...Believe me, I have already had the "knock down drag out fighting" with my two. They go at it most of the time. I feel like a referee. I can't even shower in peace because, of them calling each other names or hitting each other. I am dreading the next 7 year as they mature into raging hormonal teenagers. I am just praying for strength ..lol. What did you do about your DD starting to smoke? How long has she been doing it? I am so worried about Darcie now that she is in middle school and could be negatively influence it is not even funny. Keep us posted!

Mavis...A Mercedes...my, my you are coming up in the world...lol WoW that is great that your country offers such great benifits for the disabled. We are far behind here in the states. Here you are lucky if you get a "handicap plate" which allow you to park closer to the entrance. There might be some other benifits that you could fight for to get your vehicle modified if need be, but nothing like the allowance you get! (or at least I am not aware of anything like that). I am glad that both yours and Eleanor jobs are going well or at least tolerable. I sorry that you have to suffer from arthritis to get the help you are getting with the transportation though. I have nothing but admiration for you, continueing to work even though you must be in pain. I am sorry to hear that DH is starting to have problems too. You are a good mom to Eleanor, especially when you see her making mistakes in her love-life. I think she should drop this new Bue, like a hot potato, especially with all the baggage he seems to come with, she shouldn't tie herslef down. As for your co-worker, she sounds like a sauve business woman...Kudos to her for getting the job!

Daphne...I hope your migraines have left and that both you and Megan are well and happy. How was your weekend. Are you finally getting some "me time". Keep us posted! We miss ya, when your gone girl!!!

Dana...thanks for keeping us updated on everyone in the group! I really appreciated it. How is Brett? I am so sorry that he's not responding to his meds as well as he should. I am praying for him. How are Laken and Logan? How is school for them? How was your weekend? I am sorry to hear how you were mistreated when you were pregs...that wasn't right what they did to you! I think you should of been able to sue the company over that kind of behavior. I know that it is to late now, but you live and learn. I hope You had a great weekend was there any reprocussions from the storm? It sounds like it missed you all together...what a blessing!

Gayle...Hello and post soon...I hope the trip was excellent!

Well, we are in the grip of another heatwave BJ came up Sunday and we took the kids to the park that has water play for the kids(She had Adrian's baby). It looks like Adrian maybe heading towards the big "D" (divorce). As for the teacher I tried to help, she still hasn't ever showed up or called.

I have been so busy here it is not even funny. I have to leave to get the kids, and I am praying that I don't get in trouble for running to the fruit stand for lunch (I don't get lunch now since I have to get the kids).

By the way, I have started a new diet...I found it the Woman's World magazine...Basically it is a high protien.

Type ya all later.
DRINK WATER
Old 09-23-2003, 11:12 AM   #39  

Dana, this town is very small. It is a rural area. I have been a member of this church for 13years. Larry's sister and husband are members also and have been a lot longer than I. Larry joined the church about 5years ago. Larry has lived about 1.5 miles down the road from me for about 24 years. This is a small town and everybody knows everybodys business. We were dating and I got pregnant and then he skips out. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. His mother tried to get him to marry me and his sisters called me at the hospital when I had her and he was suppose to go to the delivery room with me but he took a truck driving job that took him on the road a week before I was scheduled to be induced. He came in a couple of weeks after I had DD and wanted to see her and I told him he could but he never showed up. DD does have a littl to do with him but not a lot. which I feel like in the coming months she will cause her DH for some reason seems to push it. If she turns her back on us I can't help it. I took my responsibility and I raised her to the best of my ability. You have to know her bio. father to know that he is a smooth talker and he turns things to his advantage. He likes pulling the wool over peoples eyes. They see what he wants them to see about him. In this case he wants them to see him as the victim. There are a few people in the church that I have told my side of the story to. I don't have to lie about it cause I have nothing to hide and I am not trying to ease a guilty conscious. where as he does. I am not trying to be cold and heartless but there comes a time when it doesn't matter what others think cause no matter what they are going to talk anyway. He has other kids he has doone the same way and he keeps saying he didn't know about the kids til they were grown. He has watched my DD grow up before his eyes and he still doesn't know she is his till she turns 18 how convient. He got out of paying child support yet another time. I was not going to force him to be a father to her and try to make him pay child support. 2 years later I married and she has had a wonderful father. There are a lot of in this town, none which have any room to talk about me and certainly not the right to judge me. The preacher of our church has been her for about 20 years and I don't know if he even knew that my DD was Larry's until last fall, when everything was made known to others. Oh well I need to get off this subject and move on to something else. Sorry I didn't mean to unload all this on you all, Its just sometimes I get so angry and this is the only place I have to vent. I know that you all can be objective when I can't and I appreciate it.

DH has to go to the DR. this afternoon and I think I will sneak on the scales while we are there.

As for me spanking my kids, I have always told them the day they raise a hand to me will be the last day of their life. I use to be the same way about grounding and taking things away from them, they could make me feel so guilty and I realized what message I was send to them. I had to be firm and strong, if I didn't they wouildn't do a thing I tell them cause they would think I really didn't mean it if I didn't follow through with their punishment. Does that make since.

Well I will chat later and I hope you all have a nice day.
Daphne

Ann
Old 09-23-2003, 11:31 AM   #40  

Mavis, it is so hard to stand by and watch our children make mistakes, but that is what allows them to grow and become wiser and become a stronger as a person. She will not listen if you try to tell her because you see they think we don't know anything. I will remember Eleanor in my prayers. I do agree with you. She needs to file 13 him as soon as possible. We will pray about this. All you can do is like you said be there with your shoulder for her to cry on and lend your ear to listen to her and if you are like me you will cry with her while your arms embrace her, cause my heart breaks right along with my DD.

Ann
Old 09-23-2003, 07:05 PM   #41  
Queen of My Life

Quick post!
Hey everyone!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAPHNE

Dana...Thanks for the reminder...lol

Ann...I give you kudos for rising above all the of the around there. You are really a strong woman and I am really glad to get to know you. How is your weight? You said you were going to sneak on the scale?

Well, I am trying the diet that is on the front of Woman World. The cover states you can lose 45lbs by Thanksgivings. I am on Day2. I have ate steak for breakfast for 2 days now, and tuna yesterday and chicken w/salad today for lunch. For dinner last night I made chicken and salad. But what really helped was the smoothy that they suggest. It tasted like orangesicle so I didn't feel deprive of ice cream. I hope I can stick to it, it promises great results. I know Friday is going to be hard, because it is pizza night and I can't really have any. All I can do is take one day at a time.

Have any of you tried the new Diet Pepsi Slurpees at 7/11? I am not a pepsi fan, but these are great treats and O calories.

Well...I am a big and the scale is creeping to 282...I have got to try getting this weight off. I am going to try to be strong and stick to this way of eating. Wish me luck ladies..LOL
DRINK WATER
Deborah
Old 09-23-2003, 07:38 PM   #42  

Of course i wish you luck deb! I am big on pepsi but unfortunately we don't have 7 elevens here. I bet it's tasty though. As for daph's b-day, I think it was yesterday afterall. oops, I remebered it was when I mailed her card last week but I think in that "reminder" i put the wrong date.

Ann I agree with you totally on everything. The most important thing is your DD is all grown now and you are responsible for that. That's a big thumb up to you. I'm glad you told me the story though. You don't have to talk about it anymore with us either. I'm glad you can vent on here & anytime you feel like doing just that, please feel free to.

Today Brett was bit by my little dog and we had to take him to the ER for a couple hours just to get antibiotics. They want to be sure it doesn't get infected and said it still can and have to have a stronger med. I took him to the ER cause it looked bad. It was on his nose and upper lip and it wouldn't stop bleeding to tell how bad it was. It looked like the cut on the nose was all the way through. He was bleeding on the inside of his nose as well so i couldn't tell. He's on medicaid now so we don't pay the bill and better be safe than sorry with his diabetes.

Mavis I agree with what ann said and that's coming from a lady with 3 girls. I can remember things I was told as a teenager that I didn't listen too and I find myself telling people the same thing now and THEY won't listen. My sister was pregnant when she was 15 and had a baby at 16. I was 19 myself and I don't think I know everything by any means but I do learn from my mistakes.

Gayle are you home yet?

Daphne is tomorrow the day you will finally be alone? I hope you can post & fill us in on what's going on with you.

Well going to the ER has put a gap in my evening and I have lots to do. I need to make a grocery list too. Hope yall's evening is going better than mine did.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #43  

Thanks for listening ladies and I promise, I promise, I promise, I won't talk about it again Dana. If there were a way I could've made the story shorter I would've., but I've got it out of my system now and I can move on.

Ok so how is Brett today. What is going on with Daphne. Have you heard from her Dana. How is Megan doing. I mailed her a card last Wed. or Thur. I hope she had a good day. What kind of dog bit Brett and how bad was it when you got to the ER. I hope it wasn't bad. How is his sugar levels and are the shots working.

Deb, we don't have 7-11 stores around here either, but it does sound good. I did weigh yesterday and I have gained back up to 283. I am very upset with myself. I have been eating a lot of red meat lately and I can't hardly digest it and I do better losing weight when I eat just fish or chicken. Do you like this diet you are on and where did you say you found it.

I do have one thing to tell you all. Have any of you been watching DR. Phil since he started his weight loss challenge. I think this was all just to sell his book. But anyway one of my sisters friends let her borrow his book and she ask me if I had been watching it and if I could identify with any of the people in the challenge and I told her yes. I told her which one and all that and she told me that was just an excuse not to lose weight. but she( is in a tight 14 and i mean tight) has a legitimate excuse mine is not medical but hers is. Its her hormones and her cholesterol levels and thats what was wrong with DR. Phil so she has a reason why she can't lose. It pissed my DH off He said that was no excuse, it was just a crutch and nothing more.
Ann
Old 09-24-2003, 12:22 PM   #44  

Now that you can see the marks on brett, ann, it wasn't really nothing to have went to the ER for. Another child could have bit him in the same fashion. I"m just hanging around here to see if animal control pokes their nose in it. If the dog was a threat she wouldn't be in the house. She acts like a cat really. She's a 20 pound dachsaund mix. Her mom was and her dad was a feist. (she's not feisty though, really). It all just scared me cause I couldn't get the blood to stop bleeding enough to tell if it was real deep. It was in the side of his nose so I knew it couldn't be "real" deep. People pierce their noses in the same place. He's on antibiotics to prevent infection and has to be checked before the weekend. Well I'm trying to run and fix dinner before DH gets home so I will post more later.

No I haven't heard from daphne since before monday that I recall. megan was to return to school on monday and jason was going away on his job again yesterday from what I recall.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:55 PM   #45  

update:

Someone from the health dept. stopped by today. He had a complaint that a boy was bitten by my dog. He didn't know the "victim" and dog lived in same home. He took down the dogs rabies vaccination number and said he would probable call in 10 days to se if she got sick. I told her it was a simple case of pulling whiskers 3 times in a row before she jumped at him. He said rarely does he get a complaint the owner's dog biting someone in the home. Anyway, that's all there was to that.

I got these new $40 scales today from kmart. They measure you in tenths and tell you your body mass index. Needless to say, mine wasn't good and it remembers your last weigh in and info. It keeps tabs of your height as well. I will list my new weight in my signature which isn't good. Like yours ann and deb, mine has climbed some too. I am at the tail end of my TOM as well.
Closed Thread