Old 01-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #91  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Laura - if it's any consolation. I tried seeing a weight loss doctor last year. He told me to try the low carb thing. I also didn't think (for a $500 charge) he did much for me that I didn't already know. Then I saw the p/a a couple of times. She was cheaper ($192) for a 15 minute visit but again, not like someone who looks at your food log, and actually counsels you. I cancelled my appointment for this week. Now that I'm paying the deductible again, just not worth it to me. I might touch base in a month. I'd say the best thing you can do is log your food and exercise honestly and if you struggle - post. We can come up with suggestions, motivations, empathy - what ever you need.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing new for me. Church this morning and I have joined a book club at church which met this afternoon. My sister's sons wanted to have dinner together at an Italian restaurant in Springfield in honor of my sister's birthday at the first of the week. It was nice to be with every one. The 2 year old was being himself.
The man that is installing the back splash told me this morning that he would be here tomorrow. Can't wait.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #93  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

It was a busy day today with church this morning, then grocery shopping at Kroger after church. Put in a load of laundry and took an hour nap. Then cleaned house. DH fixed dinner and I cleaned up. Also got my bike and treadmill workout in. Now it is almost time to go to bed.

I don't usually have that much to do on Sunday afternoon but DH had an unexpected root canal on Saturday and I went to his dentist appointment with him as we were originally going to go grocery shopping afterwards but 2 hours later we just went home. DH took a nap, and I cleaned the kitchen very thoroughly. Then that evening we had a birthday part to attend.

Also got my bike and treadmill workout in. Now it is almost time to go to bed.

Ceejay: I would love to hear more about the book club you have joined at church.

I saw you posted that your pants were getting to big! That is what exercise and a good diet will do for you. Great job!

How exciting you will get the back splash tomorrow! You should post a picture.

When I am on the treadmill and bike I have on HDTV and I always love to see what they will do with the back splash in the home makeovers.

Anne: Thanks for sharing the Cracker Barrel Hash Brown recipe. I am trying to figure out how to make it low fat and still be yummy. Maybe I could use low fat sour and low fat cheese?

How is Royce doing? I hope the little guy heals up quickly. I have your liver biopsy on my calendar and I am praying for you.

Laura: I was thinking that if you were looking for some help with Smart Goals/resolutions you could google it and I bet you could find information and maybe worksheets to use. Then you could post them at home where you could see them. I think that sharing and posting about them will be very helpful.

I think making the switch to the new dentist, since he and your previous dentist are joining together makes sense to do it now and you have a good reason that it is closer to where you life.

Happy: How was the egg plant parmesion at your favorite Italian restaurant? What did you get at the German Restaurant? It sounds like you had a very fun and social weekend planned!

You were asking Laura about Secret Live of Pets. I saw it a while back and I thought it was entertaining.

You mentioned in your post that you are glad I got my calories up and over 700 a day. It was only that way for about two weeks while I got the pancreas calmed down and started learning what I can eat and what I can and how to keep the fat low in my diet and still enjoy some of my favorite things and try new things too. Now I have about 1200-1400 calories a day,.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #94  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi all,
I posted this morning but can't see my post here.

I'm due for surgery at 6.15am tomorrow morning and still have a lot to do before I get there. Seems it will be a late night and early morning. Good thing that the most I will do tomorrow is sleep.

I'll be back on air hopefully in the afternoon and will tell you all about it.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #95  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

SHADDIE...good vibes, thoughts and prayers for your surgery. Hugs my dear sister friend.

SUSIE...I think the good weather got everyone motivated to do extra this weekend. How is DH feeling after the root canal. I hope to never have one of those and heard they are NO fun at all. Not that going to anything dentist related is fun. Even cleanings make me nervous. Don't know why it never hurts at the dentist I go to, just in my dweeby little mind. Yes the recipe, I used low fat sour cream, tasted just fine. I didn't try the lowfat cheese but think it would be fine too. No fat cheese not so much is my guess. Probably could cut the butter back a little and use healthy heart cream of chicken soup.

CEEG...good on you-smaller size pants. You must be very excited to get the kitchen all complete. Now you can make the lower calorie foods to eat healthy and enjoy your kitchen too! How was dinner with the nephew at the Italian restaurant? What did you get to eat?

HAPPY...yes I use the regular bread make for the pizza crust and bread sticks. I use Prego spaghetti sauce with 1 T of sugar added for the sauce. Sometimes when I have time, am ambitious and have the stuff to make it, I make my sauce. Not this week. I think my back aching was gas related. Once I took a couple of gas pills and...well you know...a few times, things were better by Sunday. Must have been the homemade soup that had beans in it (two types) I had for lunch on Friday that added additional pain. bah. The community cheaters tray better be a big one, you know how we leave those dang things in the strangest places and cannot find them. Like on our heads. lol.

LAURA...how was the movie **** or High Water? Who is in it? The lectures on health or finance all seem to be the same to me. Save money this way<--which we usually already realize. Eat and exercise this way<--more of what we know. I think we should stick to classes like HAPPY...cooking yummy food stuff. How did you enjoy your Sunday to yourself? What did you end up doing?

Saturday was meeting in the morning. It was a very good meeting. We had our anniversary pitch in. That meeting has been going on for 18 years. Lunch with Sam and the kiddos. Then, drum roll please, went home washed, waxed, vacuumed, windexed the entire car. I think my iron levels are coming up because I have just a bit more energy. By evening I was pooped. Samantha took the boys to a birthday party. C wanted grill cheese and leftover HB casserole. Easy peasy. Was in bed and snoring by 9.

Sunday was church, lunch and yet another drum roll...cleaned/purged my walk in closet in the bedroom. So much nicer in there. Two bags of clothes to donate and a half bag of trash. Sometimes I wonder what the heck I am thinking with all of that crap. Dinner and to bed by 8:30pm. Exhausting. Back to work today.

Royce is much better. His little bum is clearing up nicely. The meds and cream is working. He is back to his ornery self.

I have cancelled my liver biopsy. Frankly I don't think it is necessary and I cannot afford it. My last blood work for hep C came back undetectable. The ultrascan came back normal and the fibroscan came back little to no, if any scarring. Lots of scarring would indicate cirrhosis. My gut instinct is not to do this biopsy. So I emailed the doctor and explained my thoughts on this and to cancel the procedure. Have not heard back from him yet. Another thing, I have no jaundice or yellow eyes, nothing that would indicate I have a liver issue. My next blood work is in March which will test for hep C again. I will wait until then and go from there.

Make it a great day/night all. SHADDIE let us know how it all went.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:47 AM   #96  

Morning all. Missed my train and will be about a half hour late today. Not a great start to my Monday. I'm gonna make this short because I don't like posting from my phone.

Shad - My thoughts and prayers are with you for a very successful surgery.

Susie - I hope dh is recovering from the root canal nicely and hasn't lost his temporary filling.

Annie - What a busy weekend for you. I'm glad your energy is returning. I wonder how your doctor will respond to your cancellation of the liver scan. Terrible to have to make decisions like this because of the $$. He!! Or High Water stars Chris Pine as a bank robber and Jeff Bridges as a Texas Ranger. It was a good movie.

Happy - I enjoyed The Secret Life of Pets - very cute. I feel like I know what I need to.lose weight, it's the mental preparedness and dedication part that's so difficult. I don’t think a doctor can help with that. Hope you enjoyed your eggplant dinner the other night.

Ceejay - is the backsplash the last part of all the remodeling being done in your place? You must be looking forward to that being done. Looking forward to hearing how you like it

Okay, best get this posted. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #97  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...in answer to the docs reply is this...

Dear Anne
No problem
we need to repeat your liver test and hepatitis C test. I ordered the test/s, feel free to stop by anytime to do. You dont need to be fasting for the test/s.
Best wishes
Samer Gawrieh, MD

The above involves blood labs. Much easier on the wallet,.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #98  

Eating lunch at my desk.

Annie – Huh. Doctor has no problem with you forgoing the liver scan. I hope this means he’s mostly certain there’s nothing serious going on. He must feel comfortable that regular blood work will suffice to bring any issues to light.

==

My weekend was pretty good. The dvd’s I watched Friday night were entertaining.

It was a treat in January to have such a mild day on Saturday. It got to nearly 60 degrees and it was sunny. Loved it. But I didn't wash and wax and detail the car like Annie did, LOL. Doesn't matter what the weather is, I don't like doing that stuff...

My dentist appointment Saturday morning went well. (Susie, the new dentist I will go to in the future (closer to home) is not associated with my old dentist in the city.) I feel a bit sad leaving after what’s probably been 20 years with him, but I want a dentist located closer to home.

After that, bf and I went to mom’s to install the closet shelves. There was a mix-up about the type of shelf she wanted, so that was a bust. She was also sort of teasing about us installing one of the temporary pleated paper shades on the glass window of her balcony door to replace the unsightly plastic JC Penney bag she’d taped to cover the glass. I guess she was just responding in kind because neither bf nor I were very diplomatic on voicing our thoughts about how tacky the plastic bag looked as a window covering. In time we will replace the paper shade with a mini blind.

Oh well, we did take away a box of donation items, including a bunch of closet shelves she’d moved with her from MO for which she had no use. (Plus the shelf we’d purchased and had cut to length to install in her closet, which of course could not be returned to the store.) So we left her place frustrated, but dropped those items off to the thrift shop and then we felt better.

On Sunday I returned a library book and stopped at the library’s book sale. Not for books, but for workout dvds. I ended up with two – a Valerie Bertinelli workout and one that Leslie Sansone put out with Jenny Craig – it's a Strength Walk using hand weights, which appeals to me. For just a buck each, it’s worth it to try them.

After that, I did some grocery shopping and came home and made 10 sandwiches and wrapped them well and froze them. They will be handy to grab for work lunches.

That was about it, otherwise I did this and that - read the latest Evanovich novel (silly, as usual), watched tv, did a load of laundry, vacuumed the basement stairs, etc.

That’s about it for me. Let me get this posted.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:07 AM   #99  

All Done. Now the pain begins.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:49 AM   #100  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks,

Shaddie - I'm glad your surgery is behind you. Was sending you good wishes throughout the day yesterday. I hope the pain is minimal and that you can occupy yourself enough to get the rest and healing that you need right now. I hope the kids will pamper you too.

Food report. Eggplant Parm was disappointing - it was soggy actually. And on Saturday we went to a German restaurant. They had pot roast (a favorite of mine) and I was torn between that special and the Jager Schnitzel (schnitzel with a mushroom gravy) that I had picked out ahead of time. Actually it came down to pot roast or spaetzel (with the schnitzel). In the end I went with the schnitzel. It was good, not run right back again and eat it good but I enjoyed my dinner. DH had a fantastic grilled rib eye steak. Now THAT was run right back again and eat it again tomorrow fantastic. Our waitress was wonderful. We enjoyed our meal and the company of our friends and DH said we need to put that restaurant on the rotation again. I did succumb to a grasshopper after dinner drink. It's soft ice cream mixed with creme de menthe liquour. An adult milkshake of sorts It was good but too much and it just made me feel uncomfortably full and bloated after dinner. I guess I will just stick with wine Sunday DH had a taste for chili to eat while watching the football game so I made a pot. All this rich and salty food had me showing a gain at weigh in yesterday. I really need to buckle down. Sometimes the harder I try, the more I want to sway in the other direction. My mind is like an errant 2 year old I swear. My goal for this week is to log my food and measure exactly so I have an accurate calorie intake and it will make me think about and plan my food better. I wish the weather would go back to winter again - my joints are really hurting bad with this wetter rainy type of stuff we are having. I did not exercise yesterday although I did do the full on 60 minutes of tai chi on Monday. I'm going to do the bike today and tai chi practice today. Tomorrow is yoga. If Thursday is not too bad weather wise I might try the pool at the hotel down the road where I have the pool punch card.

Laura - is Jeff Bridges playing to his strengths and taking on the role of grizzled old man now? I saw a trailer for that movie - it looked good. Bummer that you missed your train yesterday. Sometimes that happens. Yes, you are so right about the mental battle that goes along with weight loss. I actually think it's much harder to diet in the winter - lots of comfort foods and you don't have the tasty fresh easy to grab stuff there is in the summer. So you froze sandwiches - like bread and deli meat sandwiches? That's interesting. We go in spurts. I will buy deli meat - a half pound. DH will make 2 sandwiches and use it all so then I buy a whole pound and it sits in the refrigerator and gets tossed the next week. A big waste sometimes. My sister said it got to 60 degrees the other day. I am so jealous. We were walking around with open coats at 40 degrees the other day. But my sister is right, with the warmth when the temps dip back to seasonal, it feels extra cold. My Mom said the cold is that bone chilling stuff that goes right through you.

Anne - I'm glad you were able to avoid the really expensive tests. You must have really strong good teeth to have never needed a root canal. Lucky you. I think half my teeth have root canals - I was prone to alot of infections. I used to think it was related to smoking but once I stopped I still had issues so I guess I just am a germy mess. And I read some articles on bacteria getting trapped in the gum and causing inflation in the body which spooked me. Of course my dentist disputed this as nonsense. But still who do you believe - it made sense at the time. LOL on trays of eyeglasses scattered about. I don't think that's going to be a problem. I kind of like the glasses that sit on my head - the Foster Grants do but my prescription glasses do not so I have a greater chance of losing those around the house - and I have. Yay for you for being ambitious and getting some things done around the house. Sometimes you just have to put your mind to it and do it. I've been trying to set small achievable tasks too, just to keep moving forward. But you got a lot done and doesn't it look good? I think I had sympathy gas pains with you the other night. I went to get into the hot tub and had the worst back pains. I knew it was gas but could not figure out what brought them on. I am always a bit leery of getting in the hot tub if I don't feel quite right. It would be an ORDEAL for DH to drag me out of the tub since you have to step on an interior seat and swing your leg over the side to get in and out. It would be a most cumbersome and embarrassing rescue.

Susie - how did you know that your pancreas was bothering you? I suppose from past experience but what does that feel like? It is irritated by fatty foods and that's why you've opted for low fat? Are you keeping up with your exercise routine? You are so busy at work, I admire that you are keeping your committment to your plans. Didn't you get one less person to support - how is that going?

Ceejay - it seems like you certainly have a big support group of family now that you've moved. Do you still talk to the uncles by phone? Congratulations on losing some pant sizes. Retirement is agreeing with you.

I decided to come and post here right away in the morning. All too often I check email and Facebook and the weather first and before I know it, I have to get off the computer and skip posting. One day leads to another. I decided I am making 3FC and logging MyFitnessPal priorities.

Now I have enough time to do a load of laundry, get something nutritious for food in me and get my stuff ready to head to the shop for my afternoon shift. It's getting very quiet in the store so the afternoons are getting rather boring I have to admit. And I've made a promise that I'm NOT going to bring anything more home - not even a book to read so no shopping.

Have a good day everyone. Rest well Shad.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Glad the surgery is behind you now. Enjoy the "downtime". Thanks for keeping us informed.
Sending you healing vibes.

Annie
I'm glad that your doctor was okay with your decision not to have the biopsy. When I get things back to normal I'm going to be planning and cooking my meals. Your home made pizza
sounds really good.

Happy
I do have a wonderful family. We ate at Zio's and I had chicken parmesan. A little spicy and to much salt but it was good. My uncle called me last week to tell me he was home from rehab. One thing led to another but all in all it was a good conversation. He has two grand children getting married this year. I need to make up my mind as to whether I want to go to Kyle's wedding in March which will be in Paragould. I have to RSVP by Feb 17. Can I ask a simple question. I've heard about the women marching in different cities but why were they marching?

Laura
I sometimes think that I have burned out on diet's/dieting. My goal this year is to exercise, to get healthy and lose inches and drink more water instead of all Cola's and tea.

Susie
Ouch on the dh's root canal. That' s one thing I do not ever want to have. One day I'm sure I'll have to have the wisdom teeth that I have cut out and I'm dreading that. Yes I've only had one pulled.
The book club at church is reading and discussing the book by Rob Bell called Love Wins.

-----------
I'm very excited to get the rest of the back splashes done both bathroom and kitchen. He ran out of tiles for the kitchen. My living room and dining room have red and green and my kitchen has red curtains. Told my sis last night that I'm thinking about getting red storage canisters. I have some coke cola glasses with the bear on them that I was going to give my aunt but decided to use them myself. I may go with the coke theme. I will play around with it.
Gyn appointment this afternoon at 2.40. I'm dreading it.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #102  

Morning all.

Shad – Glad you are past that surgery. Now to get through the recovery, and I hope it isn’t too painful. Take it easy and let your loved ones pamper you. Saw on FB that ODDU is a lap dog - I guess he’ll have to be kept away from you unless he’s on his best behavior and won’t try to crawl into your lap.

Happy – Sorry the eggplant was soggy - that’s a challenge with eggplant. Yum re the food you & dh had at the German restaurant. Good for you getting the movement in even with achey joints. Yes, Jeff Bridges played a TX Ranger on the brink of retirement, and it was a good role. Humorous too – he was always giving his partner very un-PC shots about his Native American/Mexican heritage. == Re the sandwiches – I don’t bother with toppings and condiments regardless if I’m making them fresh or not, so freezing them with just the meat, cheese and bread is not an issue. – Count me as another lucky one who has never had a root canal, and thankful for it. I did a stint as a dental assistant back in college and that included several root canals and it looked awful. I’m sure the procedure has advanced since then, but I’m sure it still involves a lot of digging around to get all the bad stuff out. == I don’t even know how you could work at a thrift shop and not end up buying a lot – occupational hazard. Good for you not getting books. I stopped buying them – I can get whatever I need at the library. It used to be convenient sometimes to have a book sitting on the shelf, but now I can also download them electronically through the library, so it’s not necessary. Reminds me that I need to purge more books from our shelves in the home office.

Ceejay – Sounds like it would be nice to get back to Paragould to see family at the wedding…but driving in March – the weather could throw a wrench into those plans. Would you be traveling alone or with other family members? == Red is such a nice accent color, you could have a lot of fun with that. == I don’t follow any specific diets or restrict foods, but tracking what I eat can sure be tedious…and then there’s the whole thing about not eating the whole package of chips, cookies, etc. I don’t need a diet doctor, just someone to follow me around and slap the food out of my hand before it makes it to my mouth, lol.

Hi Annie and Susie.

==

Well, I didn’t mention yesterday that my foot is giving me problems in a new spot (on the top). Sigh. Just hobbling along.

The hospital finally got my previous films to compare to the new ones. Now that the radiologist looked at them, they still want me to come back for another picture, and to possibly do an ultra sound. My mammos are covered at no cost under the wellness part of my med insurance, but I wonder about any additional tests? Can’t recall from the previous time, when I had to return for another image. Might call my insurance co to find out. Not that I won’t go back to do the extra, just want to be prepared.

Last night my bank’s fraud unit phoned to confirm charges to my checking account with my debit card earlier in the day and just minutes before they called me, both at retail establishments. One transaction went through and another was denied. Both were invalid. The one that went through will be credited, the card has been cancelled, and another will be issued. Assuming someone who had the card in their hands when I was paying for something stole the card info, what can I do to avoid this in the future? Makes me want to go back to checks and cash. Sigh. I guess I’ll be checking my account more frequently.

Okay, gotta run. Have a good rest of the day everyone.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #103  
Annie - Indiana

Afternoon All..

Had a retirement class this morning. It was very good. Stuff I sorda knew but understand a little better. The class is called Understanding the Retirement Puzzle. Lots of numbers. Shootie Heck Shootie Heck, the back pain was partly gas but mostly was leading me into this UTI. Stopped at Urgent Care, sure enough UTI. They called in Cipro. Will pick that up on the way home. Stopped at Subway for a 6" veggie sub. Into work just in time to do my CC at 2:30. Oh yeah! Not.

Last night was leftovers for C. I ate rice cakes. Pretty bleh but wasn't all that hungry. Went to be early because frankly I didn't want to deal with anything or anybody last night. Was asleep by 9. C and I are watching another series, Travelers, which we finished up the first and only season Monday night. We liked it. Now we are watching Legends. Don't know how many seasons of that there are. It is ok. Kind of reminds me of 24 with Keifer Sutherland a bit.

SHADDIE...so glad you are out of surgery and doing ok? Pain level? Drugs? Pampering? Kisses from ODDU?

HAPPY...hmmm, are you back at the Thrift shop on a regular basis or did I miss that posting that you were? Girl, you need to slow down cause I can't keep up with you. Gross, soggy egg plant. Bleckie. Not a German food person. Chili goes over well in our house well except for the wee ones. Today I have pork loin, potatos, onions and carrots in the crocker with a bit of teriyaki sauce. You know I feel the same way, the more I struggle with "dieting" and challenges, the more I resist and eat badly. WTH.

LAURA...boo on the closet shelves. Mom's huh? Wish mine were here. I think I am just stuck in sadness about them and Mike. My mom grieved her mom until my mom died. About 15 years, never did get over it. I must be like my mom. Sheesh sorry kind of got off on a tangent. Bleh.

CEEG...I know we have to RSVP weddings early but hey how the heck do we know we will be available when the time comes or what kind of mood we will be in to attend? Just saying.

Gotta go and get ready for CC> Hugs
Old 01-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #104  

Morning all. Had a very patchy sleep. They come in hourly to check stats but that okay I guess since they don't want my death on their conscience. I have a catheter in so I can't get up to walk around. There is no pain this morning just some discomfort. I think I will be sent home today. That will be nice. I still haven't really eaten apart from a banana. I will no doubt get fed today. They have a room menu service where you ring them and tell them what you want and look and behold it arrives some time shortly. I will need to study the breakfast menu soon. I'm covered in tubes and oxygen prongs and no doubt will be black and blue for a few days. Better go. They will be back in a minute to probe some more.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #105  
Annie - Indiana

Sheesh SHADDIE...I didn't even have a catheter when I had my heart attack and stent surgery. Very uncomfortable from what I hear. Cheers to no pain only discomfort!! Hugs my dear sister....