Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 12:38 PM   #61  

Hi Ladies,

I am still here, just haven't taken time to check in. I was just reading and catching up on all the post. It sounds like everyone is staying on plan and making progress.

Congrads to Meg and Dan on their anniversary. Your ring sounds beautiful Meg. Dan sounds like a keeper! My dh and I were married 44 years on June 13th. It's amazing how quickly the years go by Also Congradulations on quiting smoking.

Dahlia, your grand daughter's bedroom sounds beautiful. She will want to stay with you every night!

Meg and Dahlia you both sound so organized. I wish I could be like that. I am always struggling to get organized.

Meg you mentioned getting your christmas cards. I desided to make a family christmas card on my computer this year, and it came out very nice. On the front I put a picture of our house in a snow scene, on the back I put recent pictures of everyone in our family with my dh and myself in the middle and our children and grandchildren all around us. And in the middle section I put three pictures of our 4 kid from various christmas when they were little, along with a message about the memories of christmas past and wishing a merry christmas from our home and family to their home and family, etc. Also asking for a prayer for our service men and women who are away from their families this holiday season to keep us safe and free in our homes. I made my labels on the computer and put them on the envelops and each day I print a few cards and put them in the envelops so when the time comes they will be all ready to go. I have printed about 50 so far.

Tomorrow is my 64th birthday and I was supposed to lose 10 lbs by then. That was my challenge to myself, and I didn't do it. My scales haven't moved!

However-although I haven't lost any pounds, I must be losing inches because over the last couple of months I have noticed I need to keep pushing my watch further and further up my arm to keep it from being to loose and my ring got so big I had to stop wearing it after it fell off and I nearly lost it.

I haven't been walking on my treadmill this summer but I am going to start today. Also last night I went to a exercize class at the school pool. It was a lot of fun and I didn't mind it in the water. They have it 3 times a week. I think I will go as much as I can.

Terry you must have really worked that treadmill, to wear out the motor. Great job! I am glad you were able to get it fixed so you can keep it up. I hope I can get myself motivated to work like I was doing before. You are a great inspiration!

Well I had better stop writing and start working, then maybe I can get my house and my self organized. You all inspire me to try harder!

Hi to anyone I missed, may we all have a op day!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:44 PM   #62  

Hi again

Just wanted to make a correction, my birthday isn't tomorrow, it's Sunday the 21st. I was thinking today was Sat. but it's Friday! Hope every one has a great day.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:26 PM   #63  

Hi all---I'm still around just busier than crap! Was in AZ last week for a conference. Ate DELICIOUS food and managed to come home with no gain. So yay me. Back on plan (mostly) this week, and down a pound. Reading the Dr. Phil book and trying to do some real soul searching to figure out what the HECK is going on with me. I think I eat out of boredom...or....something. It's weird. Anyway...

And add me to the list of September brides....we have our first anniversary next weekend! Wonder how the cake held up in the freezer for a year....

Colleen
Old 09-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #64  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,
At last i am starting to feel better i felt so rotten yesterday that i just lay on the couch all day in my dressing gown watching tv. I've still got my cough and tonsilitis..it hurts to swallow..which might aid in the weightloss but at least i have my energy back today and i've sorted through some clothes..thrown out a lot and now i'm doing laundry I definitely have to grocery shop today because i have no spuds thats no good!

Grandma..your christmas cards sound lovely how many are you going to print? 50 already thats a lot of friends and family you've got there
Old 09-19-2003, 09:25 PM   #65  
Ginny

Good evening ladies,

Happy anniversary to Meg and Colleen... Meg the ring sounds beautiful, you have a keeper, and Coleen a whole year... wow... just starting out,, you made it through the toughest from now on its all downhill...

Grandma G Happy birthday to you.... even if you didn't lose pounds sounds like you are doing well in shrinking.

Those Christmas cards sound very nice Grandma G. and you thought Megg and I were organized,, having those already printed out sounds pretty organized to me.. I have a couple boxes of personal ones but have to print out the business ones yet... I am behind this year. I usually have them all out and ready to go in the mail the day after Thanksgiving. if people don't get my card the Monday after Thanksgiving they call to see if I am ok.. it's a tradition.. I also put out my Christmas decorations on that day, and now my boys are doing the same thing. Speaking of Christmas all I have to get yet is two more gifts, * * I do know what I am getting* and I will be done with my shopping.. having all this time to go thru catalogs, I did a lot of my shopping via catalogs and internet... was easy and I didn't spend as much money and I got some nice things...feels good, OH yes, I even have them wrapped... We are having Christmas and Thanksgiving early with the son when we are in California..

Cathy, I think I caught your cold.. I have a raw sore throat and a congested chest with cough... and of course my voice sounds very raspy, and not a sexy raspy either... when I catch a cold that is the first thing that happens.. sometimes I lose my voice for a few days... Glad you are better.

Been doing good food wise.. chicken soup and orange juice aren't to bad are they? I am so mad at my stupid scale.. today it won't give a read out.. it is a solar scale and even though there is 4 lightbulbs and the sun from the window shining on it..it says LO
and won't give a read out... I am ready to kick it to the sun, then it can say LO all it wants

Dahlia
Old 09-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #66  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Well, gals, I found a great way to lose weight! Develop gall bladder disease! I have been having attacks for the past year, but I didn't know what they were until I ended up in the ER at 1 a.m. Tuesday morning. After seeing the doctor, getting an ultrasound and seeing a surgeon, I am scheduled for surgery on Monday.

Anyways, since Tuesday I've been afraid to eat very much because of the attacks. Lost a couple pounds! Today I had a large lunch (soup, salad & cake) and guess what? Two hours later, I was in excrutiating pain again. Like I said, makes one afraid to eat!

So I just thought I'd share this wonderful weight loss tip. Not that I would suggest it! But wanted to update you, since I'm trying to check in here more often again.

Chat soon!

Lisa (who's wondering how much a gall bladder weighs so I can maybe add another pound to her loss?! LOL)
Old 09-19-2003, 09:52 PM   #67  

Good evening ladies,

Cat, so glad to hear you are feeling better. It isn't much fun being sick. And it sounds like you were really sick. I hope you continue to improve quickly.

I have cards for everyone on my list, but I know I have missed some, so I expect to print at least 10 or 15 more cards. Every year I think I will cut back but instead I add people, because I don't want to leave any one out.

Meg thanks for the tip on organizedhome.com. I checked it out and I think it might give me some ideas on getting organized. I sure need it. My house is always cluttered, especially with papers and mail. My husband is the town historian and one of his duties is to clip articles from the newspaper about events in our town. However we always put off doing it until the papers accumulate and it is a big job. He keeps telling me I should do it each day when I read the paper, because he doesn't read it as regularly as I do. I should get myself in the habit of doing it that way, it would be a lot easier and less mess! And when I go through mail, I put off filing things and can never decide what to throw away and what to keep. I am always afraid I will dispose of something I might want or need. Does anyone else have that problem? I end up with piles of papers everywhere. Then I go through spells of cleaning like mad to get rid of it. I guess I am just not very consistant!

I didn't walk on the treadmill again today. I have got to start doing it first thing in the morning. That is the only time I will do it. If I put it off I don't do it at all!

I am going to start a new challenge for myself. I will lose 10 lbs by Christmas. Anyone up for a challenge. If so join me in losing
10 lbs by Dec 25th. We can do this. WE CAN DO THIS, WE CAN

lots of exercise and staying on plan with my eating. I will do it. Lose 10 lbs by Christmas. I will do at least 1 mile a day on the treadmill and go to the pool for water exercise at least once a week!

Hi to everyone I missed, may we all have an op day tomorrow!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:17 PM   #68  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Dahlia..sorry to hear that you are not feeling well I am feeling much better today and managed to function normally the only thing that is still bothering me is a tickly cough..i just can't stop coughing once i start and the cough syrup and cough lozenges have no effect its so annoying!

Grandma..you hubby is the historian and yet he thinks YOU should cut the clippings out sounds just like my Hubby Maybe you should hint that he read the paper more often then
I'm up for the challenge but i'm aiming for 20lbs! Its 3mths away so i have no excuse not to do it.

Lisa..glad to hear that you are in good spirits even if you are facing surgery Don't know what a gall bladder weighs or how big it is..lets hope its a two pounder
Old 09-20-2003, 04:31 AM   #69  
Theres no stopping me now

Gall bladder trouble sounds painful Lisa, just think of the weight loss and I'm sure you'll be fine

Have been very very stressed this week, problems at work are just not worth it. A couple of friends came round last night and I went over board with the wine, not worth it this morning really. I could do with still being tucked up in bed and snoozing the morningaway, but the boys wanted to get up - not much fun. Don't have a sore head, just a washing machine on spin cycle in my tummy.

Eating has been very poor this week and exercise almost non existent, besides walks down to the the town at lunchtime, about a mile and a half.

Am off to feel sorry for myself and hunt out information on replacing my bathroom wall as the water from the shower has got into it
Old 09-20-2003, 09:08 AM   #70  
Connecticut

Good Morning Ladies ....

I swear germs come thru the computer -- now Dahlia is catching a cold. And, that's a with vacation so close too! And, Lisa, sorry to hear that you have to have surgery and I will be thinking of you Monday. I hope you'll get to post later in the week and let us know how you are feeling. Take good care of yourself ....

Cathy, well, at least you are feeling better so that's a positive this morning . I smiled because I thought the same thing when Grandma mentioned cutting out all the articles for her historian hubby -- Grandma, seems like you are married to a typical guy , and I bet you wouldn't have it any other way.

Colleen, welcome back and congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. Last night Russ and I were trying to figure out exactly how many days we have been married (9,000 +) and decided to celebrate when we reach 10,000 -- amazing where some wine will take ya ! Amazing how you can't count after a few glasses .

All this talk about the holidays and I have not even given it a thought -- is anyone working on Valentine's Day yet???

Meg, I still need to check on that web site. I must confess that I am semi-organized (not to the point of alphabetizing vege cans and clean closets though!) as I like everything in its place and no clutter. Sometimes it's a curse though because my hands get itchy (especially at work) when I see piles of paper and mail and I just want to go on over and do my thing -- except it's not my mail nor my piles .

Carol, sorry you are stressed and feeling blue. I hope you are able to put everything in its right perspective soon and enjoy the weekend. Do something nice for yourself today, ok??

Count me in on the Christmas challenge -- snacking is getting out of hand these past few days. I was doing so well too .... and the battle continues!

Better get a move on as I have a 90th birthday party for my aunt to go to at noon (which is one of those obligatory things) and I promised to drop over my moms and see my niece who is visting with her baby beforehand. Have a great day everyone .
Old 09-20-2003, 02:49 PM   #71  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,
Nothing much on TV this morning so i checked out HGTV and they were using ladders as accessories of all things and they were'nt cheap ladders either..$375!! and more.. if i saw a ladder leaning against a wall i'm afraid i would want to shift it not hang towels on it so much for that one.
Now i'm watching a show called "Sell this House" a young couple live in a New York condo and its very small and cluttered so they have got some experts in to figure out why it is'nt selling as property is usually snapped up here, they set up some hidden camera's and you should have seen the prospective buyer's! One walked into the Bathroom and said to her husband "Look at this its DISGUSTING" So the big clean up is commencing..OMG the woman owner has just lifted up the rubber bathmat and it is all brown and grungy underneath the 'expert' just said to her "look at that! thats what they are smelling" UGH! There are rust rings on the worktop where their toiletries are..this couple are pigs...Well, they did their magic and made it look 100% better and the offers started coming in..Amazing!

Just doing laundry..not exercised yet suppose i'd better do that too

Carol hope the bathroom wall is'nt a major fix

Terry..enjoy the party
Old 09-21-2003, 06:42 AM   #72  
Theres no stopping me now

We may be the only house in the world to have an ensuite kitchen, if the wall falls down before we managed to fix it. Have been joking with Ray we'll need to pull the blinds in the kitchen before going for a tinkle soon. Think the water from the shower is getting behind the tiles, so the wall is going rotten, we are hoping to get a few more months out of it, while we try and wrangle some money out of the insurance company - got to be worth a try.

Taking the boys swimming today, but true to form have no dry towels, so we are hanging about just waiting.

Feeling a bit down again today, all due to the stress at work, at least tomorrow I can be there dealing with the problem, whereas today it is just festering in my mind - problem is with a machine not a person, at least it can't argue back
Old 09-21-2003, 09:03 AM   #73  
Connecticut

Quickie! To think Cat, they needed someone to tell them that! I love HGTV . Off to the Big E (fair) in Massachusetts. Morniing Carol == oops he's back and we have to go. Caught!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:29 AM   #74  
Ginny

Hi ladies,

Well, this has not been my summer... I have this rotten cold, and everytime I cough I get stabbed in the back...that is how it feels anyway... by the time I get rid of this cold I'll be shredded... now my tummy is off kilter, probably all the orange juice and cold meds. I just can't seem to win here. Hubby has proclaimed we are leaving a week from today, so all week I have to hustle to get laundry done and book work done ahead for the business...and checks made out and signed so son can pay some bills while we are gone so they aren't late.....hope I can remember it all. But the way I am feeling I just have no energy or even feel like doing any of it... what a bummer....

I love HGTV too.. and I've seen them using ladders... what gets me is when they take something out of the trash and put it in a nice room and don't do anything to fix it up... just leave it all crappy looking and call it shabby chic...or put old pieces together to make something new then paint it and sand it off to make it look old... and crappy most of the time... like what is wrong with new? things look old soon enough.

Nothing much to say,scale is broken so don't know how I am doing... I thought a solar scale would be the answer, no batteries....goes to show how wrong I can be....it is still saying LO

Hope you all have an op day.. grandkiddies are here and my other son is home from Chicago so will enjoy day with them.. but hope they don't catch what I have...

Dahlia
Old 09-21-2003, 11:33 AM   #75  
Ginny

Me again,
Forgot to tell you ladies if you would like to see some of my son's art work it is on
www.art-exchange.com go to artsearch, click on *G* then go to bottom of page right side column... click on J. David Gustafson
and he has about 8 pictures showing. I am a proud momma

Dahlia
Closed Thread