Old 11-09-2016, 12:09 AM   #31  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Gads... I thought I had posted today. Oh wait, I was going to and then the rash of phone calls came in.

Went and voted - in and out. Gee I love living in a small town! We thought there would be a long line since there were about a dozen cars in the parking lot. Now we await the outcome. I don't think life will ever be the same for us again people. Might be time to start stocking and shoring up the commune. I will tell DH to hussle with the finishing touches.

And then the phone calls. Our PC at the shop died. One volunteer got a friend to look at it but it seemed to be more messed up but in a different way. Today was my last day to myself before I leave for Chicago. And I had things to do. Went to the shop - all sorts of drama from all of the ladies - I got into several INTENSE conversations. All of which reinforced in my head why I needed to stay away from the place. I spent all afternoon rebuilding the shop computer. Finally tore myself away at 5pm as dusk was moving in and I realized I left my driving glasses at home. It's a pain having 3 sets of glasses and I thought I was only going to be gone for 2 hours. I should NOT be out driving in the early night skies with no glasses on. Thank you Baby Jesus for getting me home in one piece. In the short 4 mile drive home one jerk in a truck ahead of me pulled into the left turning lane and just clearly drove through the red light and kept a going like it was nothing. Then another dick started tailgating me because I was going the SPEED LIMIT. And the third turned on to my road and was almost riding my bumper with his brights on so I brake checked him. Thought I was going to have to fly home and tell DH to come out with the gun. WTFrick is WRONG with people ??????? I hate people. I am moving to Canada. Enjoy the commune. Drive up once in a while and let me know how it's going. Don't worry - we can be self sustaining here when the apocalypse happens.

Bah... in a bad mood. I am taking a couple of pain pills and heading into the hot tub.

Laura and Ceejay - glad you two got to meet each other. Good luck with the moving Laura. It must be hard to cull so much of your stuff - some beloved, some just having lots of use left in them. It's great you are taking a minimalist attitude. You are better for it. Keep just the stuff you love.

Ceejay - so happy to hear that you are loving the new floors. Something else to make you smile when you come in the door. What's this about not having a recliner? You MUST go furniture shopping

Annie - on the minion comment. As if, huh? Regarding the veggie omlet. As I get away from meat I am starting to notice the great flavors of vegetables. And I really appreciate the lack of heartburn and kick back that sometimes comes from the fat. Glad you enjoyed your meal. I hope you like the stand up desk. Hey, maybe you should just attach a flat top to your scooter - then you can stand up and be on the move at the same time. zoom, zoom. Good luck with that - standing would kill me now.

Shad - I understand how you were feeling on the gag factor on the prep stuff. I think I had to hold my nose and drink it down fast. And think happy thoughts. Still no word on the outcome of the tests? Geez that is frustrating! I agree though that you just need to get on with things. I hope you get good news soon. Are you planning on hanging around the house for a few months - ie. take a break from work for a while. We must plan your last trip before we have to move to Canada, or else we just plan on meeting up with Ruth and Sherry. I am quite a drive from both even after the 4 hour drive up north to cross the border. How is Sunday the cat doing? I think ODDU is bonding to you also.

Susie - how did the interviews go? Did anything happen to make one more appealing than the other and help you choose? Still sending good wishes to you but I know you will sell yourself. So instead, I wish for THEM to have good judgement! Yes, we have close to 40 turkeys that show up in 3 different groups. They come out of the woods and like the deer have learned to stand in the driveway and make their presence known and they get food. My favorite time is July when the turkey babies show up - little cheepers running to keep up with the mommas. Living where I do, you realize the wonders of God and nature and it truly is lovely here - never a dull moment. Only the strangers seem to ruin it. I don't say all people because we do have some wonderful folks here. The animals are just a constant source of entertainment. We are also getting a wide variety of birds coming back to town. DH should be having some good pictures soon enough. Stay tuned.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. Thrift shop meeting at 10. Therapy at 12:30 and yoga starts back again at 2. I am so happy to be back at yoga. I miss my yoga teacher and my yoga buddies. So I probably won't be posting in the morning.

Much to my disgust, it appears that Trump is ahead in voting. I FEAR, truly fear for the future. Just makes me sick. So I'm going in the hot tub and hide from the world. I may become one of those anti-government types going forward. sigh...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:23 AM   #32  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Well that is the third time I have lost a post. Back tomorrow when the internet recovers.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #33  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day...

Bob Evans restaurant had 30% off your bill if you voted and had your sticker on that said so. We all went. Needless to say, nothing is cheap or free. The meal I had was one of the worst meals I have ever encountered. OMGoodness, C wouldn't even eat and he is like Mikey, he eats anything. He took one bite and about gagged. Oh well, at least I didn't have to cook. Got home and lounged around watching the election returns, then flipped to house flipping shows. Sleep by 9.

Today is my Friday, decided to take a PTO day Thursday and Friday is a company holiday (veteran's day). DS is coming up to fix my kitchen sink. The garbage disposal side is leaking and has ruined the wood underneath as we did not know it was leaking until, of course, all was damaged. Thank God for plumbers in the family. May just go ahead and buy a new faucet for him to install also. We need a new one as this one has about had it. 13 years old I believe. That would make all faucets in house replaced with the exception of the guest bathroom. Funny how things just fall apart, house, me, and America.

SHADDIE..hate it you lost your post as I was hoping for more test results. Take it easy and rest, my friend.

HAPPY...all I can say is it will be ok. We have made it thus far with all the different folks in office. My arms are around you in a huge hug. Maybe it is time for the shop to invest in a new computer or a gently used one. I so dislike computer issues. My laptop at home will not print to my printer. I have tried everything, had my techie nephew look at it and of course he gets it to work then once he is gone it doesn't work again. I am not THAT dumb that I cannot make printers work, so I have no idea what the problem is about it. Bleh. I am with you, I don't like people very much either, especially those driving around me and causing near accidents. I have to deal with that crap EVERY day. PEOPLE just be kind and have respect for other drivers. OOOOoooooooohhhhhhhhhh, I saw the pix of the commune on FB. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Definitely going to retire there. Just hope I make it another 8 1/2 years. lol. You have done some amazing things with that place. You and DH should be proud. I like the deeper blue siding too. You must of read my mind when choosing colors. Um, a little splash of pink here and there would be very pretty too, maybe a hint of pastel pink...just saying. My knee on the ankle surgery side was cramping so bad last night as I went to bed. I had to stomp around the room, rub with icy hot, then the top of the same leg, foot started cramping, only thing I can think of is standing in line for an hour to vote caused it. Man will this cramping and pain crap ever end. If we got into heaven according to pain, we both would be in the front of the line. More hugs, my friend.

Posting and coming back to finish.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #34  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

LAURA and CEEG...how wonderful you all got together, more of the worldly girlies connecting up. I hope to meet all you wonderful ladies before I die.

LAURA...Is momma letting go of any more stuff or still packing it up?

SUSIE...still fingers crossed and good thoughts for the position you are wanting most. Hugs beautiful!

CEEG...I am jealous of your new floors. That will probably be our next major purchase if we ever get some of these bills paid off. One more day till you are home and enjoying the beauty of your home. Take pix and post please.

DEE...are you doing ok? Please post.

CHELLE...come back sister we miss you.

Bout it for me, I hear my boss trapsing down the hallway and it is carpeted.

Hugs to all, I will try to post something while I am off the next 4 days.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #35  
Choose your hard

Good morning,

I am too sad to post. I can't believe what America did to itself. As hubby said, we shall see. I am off to step one of a torturous day - Thrift Shop meeting. Lord give me strength to shut up and just take notes. Then I am off to be tortured by the physical therapist I do not like. At least after that I can lay on the floor and listen to the calming, soothing voice of my yoga teacher. And I might pretend that they didn't teach me how to get up OFF the floor ... yet.

Thank you for the compliments on the house - even the worker guys were complimentary about the color scheme. Trust a woman to pick colors I tell you Garage doors will be painted white next spring. DH was VERY HAPPY with the gutter replacement guys yesterday. Thank you Lord for small favors.

Gotta run. Hello to everyone.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Went down to the cove yesterday to walk and meditate. It takes me 2 minutes to walk around the circle drive so I walked 6 times around. I saw 4 young deer.
I joined Planet Fitness on Monday so when I get back home I am going to work out there.

------
Happy
I do have a recliner but my sister doesn't. I'm so ready to be home. Glad you can rebuild the computer.

Annie
Sigh for the water leak under the kitchen sink. I will post some pictures on FB.

Laura
Did you get some more work done on the packing and sorting yesterday?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:36 PM   #37  

Morning all,

Not going to comment on yesterdays news. Suffice to say that until I can see whether or not I can safely enter and exit the USA next year, my visit to that part of the world is on hold.

Laura - it is so hard when you have friends who are hoarders. You can't visit - mainly because there is nowhere to sit and then the dust starts getting up your nose and it becomes all to hard. The really sad thing is that although it starts out small, it gets to the overwhelming stage and they have no idea where to start to get rid of stuff. A lot of it is due to our obsession with belongings. We are encouraged to buy, buy, buy and then the next fashion comes along and we are pushed to buy again. I'm glad you are not falling into the trap of taking some of your mothers stuff when it is not your idea of taste.

Annie - interesting that you went to BE and it had the best omelette ever and then went back and got the worst meal ever.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:48 PM   #38  

Seems like it might be this site rather than my internet that is playing up. Managed to post that last bit before it hung again and then said not responding and closed down.
Laura and Ceejay – nice that you hooked up for a short while. Hope you had a good time.
Happy – can’t do much about the results at this time. However I have been reading his first 100 days agenda. Can’t see that all of it will happen, but you never know. Some of it is completely stupid (building a wall on the southern border for example and expecting the Mexicans to pay for it) and some has some merit based in there somewhere. However I am left wondering about his tax reform policies – even a political dummy like me can see through that one.
Hope your date with the PT went okay and that you weren’t too sore at the end of that. It always seems such a shame to me that people who volunteer seem to end up as little Hitlers in a lot of cases. So stupid, you are there for the object of the charity not your personal standing.

Anyway, I had better go get on with my life and get todays housework done. The floors badly need a sweep as well. Tomorrow is my date with the colonoscopy doctor and I am hoping for some news although they did say that the pathology may take a fortnight. Bah humbug. Sick of no news. Monday I go back to my GP. We can sit and twiddle our thumbs and make dumb jokes if no further results have happened.
I’m going to copy and paste this now. Wish me luck. Stupid site.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. Hasn't this world been intense there past few days? I don't care for it at all.

I heard back yesterday from the first interview which was Monday. The chose another candidate. It is ok, I feel blessed that I made it to the second round knowing that 10 applied and 3 of us where chosen to actually interview with her says something.

I think the interview went well yesterday--I had to not think about the one I didn't get and get my energy up for the one that I really want. I haven't heard anything yet, she said the decision would be made by November 16. No news is good news I guess.

Thank you for all the support and kind things you have said to me.

Laura & Ceejay; Very excited that the two of you were able to meet up. Did you take a picture together?

Anne: Enjoy your days off. Hopefully we can meet up on Saturday. Do you still have my cell #?

Shad: Any news yet on the tests?

Happy: The house looks beautiful!!

This will be a short post. I am tried with the interviews, supporting my VP while she is here.... and doing my job as well, but she is so nice, she sent me a note for the great support yesterday and said she had a good day and things went so smoothly.

See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #40  
Choose your hard

Hi there,

No time for a proper post. I have an art class in an hour and I still need to get ready and out the door. Then bingo tonight. I am crippled in both legs from too much physical therapy and yoga. Can barely hobble. Oh what a day. Catch up later.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:44 PM   #41  

Height: 5'7"

No word yet on the 2nd interview.

Today has been awful. Someone was using both our credit cards to charge things. Got that taken care off and now we think my home computer, home router are hacked and maybr our phones.
Taking the day off tomorrow to take care of all this.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:09 AM   #42  

Morning all.

Susie - Horrible to hear about the hacking & fraudulent cc charges! Did you discover it yourself or did one of your cc companies alert you? I hope you can get it resolved satisfactorily. --- Fingers crossed you get good news re the job next week. --- yes there's a photo to memorialize Ceejay & I getting together, but of course I'm not happy with how I look, lol. The funniest part is that front of the button down denim shirt I was wearing over my t-shirt was covering me on one side and not on the other and it looks like I'm exposing myself, lol. Maybe Ceejay s photo came out better...

Happy - Hope art class & bingo went well. I thought you were very brave to go to yoga only what - 8-9 weeks after surgery? Hope you can rest and recover after your busy couple days.

Shad - Hope you can keep busy enough not to go crazy waiting for test results. -- Re our new leader, let's hope some of the preposterous. proposals get nixed in the legislative process, in spite of the ego factor & political party dominance.

Ceejay - Saw on fb that you're back at home. Hope you get settled and comfy and enjoy that new floor.

Annie - Enjoy your4-day weekend! Hope you & Susie can get together.

---
Pretty tired after waking up at 3- ish today. Thank goodness just about everything was done yesterday. It was packing day for the movers (aside from everything we packed ourselves).

Today was supposed to be the loading day, but it got moved up to yesterday late afternoon after a scheduling change on the movers part. I was glad for that. The place is quite empty now. They will get the beds, chairs and few remaining boxes this evening after we're gone. Yesterday all the donation items were picked up, and my sis also made a side deal with the charity guys to remove all the trash, of which there was a LOT.

Today is a few miscellaneous tasks, then off to the hotel and tomorrow is the flight home. Mom didn't get rid of nearly enough and I haven't a clue how all the boxes will fit in her new tiny home. Magic???

Think I'll see if my tea bags made it into the last/ first box and if so, make myself a cuppa.

TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:01 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning chicks,
I got home Thursday morning but I haven't started the unpacking. Catching up on the laundry. My bil helped me tie down the drain hose to the washing machine so that another mishap will not happen. We used zip ties like the electricians use. Friday I had to mow again! The guys that laid the floors left a layer of dust on the floors I used a Swiffer duster for the floors but their was to much. I had to mop up the dust. But my how they did shine! I used my smaller electric mower and it took me 97 minutes to mow. It's a 20 inch cut. I did have to take some breaks. I hope this is the last time for this year. It was supposed to frost this morning but I just see it in spots and on roof tops.
Sis and bil stopped by the house yesterday for my sister to see the floors. They had come from bil's colonoscopy and he was still under the influence.
We went to Wendy's for lunch. First time I've been past the Kansas expressway.

-------
Laura
I thought the pictures were good. Thank you meeting with me. It was a pleasure. Is your foot doing better? Also is your mom in her new place?

Susie
How awful that you were hacked! Hope that you have things resolved? I need to pay more close attention to my accounts.

I will have to go back and read.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:47 PM   #44  
Choose your hard

Hmm... thought I posted yesterday. I think what happens is that I start a post and then open another browser window to do something and when finished close all windows including the one with my unfinished post.

It got cool yesterday. Temps when I went into the hot tub were at freezing. I bumped the water temp up to 102 degrees. Got in and out fast! Will be interesting to see how the 3 season room holds up when we are in the midst of winter and temps are well below freezing with snow on the ground. The "windows" are just a heavy vinyl, the walls are some sort of fiberglass I think and there are small openings through the slats in the floor underneath to allow the water to drip down and off when we open the spa cover. So lots of places for cold air to get in. The only "heat" is what comes out from the dryer vent and we will have to look into some sort of plug in electrical supplemental heater. The room does not have to be the same temperature as indoor rooms - anything in the mid 40's is about ok. Usually when I run heat into the room, I run dry towels in the dryer which just pushes dry heat. Yesterday I was actually drying wet laundry and when I walked into the room, it was a thick fog. And I chilly one at that! Still, at least the room is covered. We know several people who have outdoor hot tubs. Not only do you have to clean the snow and ice off the cover, but the path to the spa itself is covered in snow and ice. Once couple looked into shoring up their deck so the tub could be placed outside their second floor bedroom but she said the it was too cost prohibitive in the end. I can understand that because they had to build our platform / base special when they designed it to support not only the weight of the filled hot tub (around 5,000 pounds) but also the additional weight of the people going in it. That's quite a load!

I am eating tomato soup left over from yesterday's supper. We just had soup and sandwiches because both legs were killing me and I did not feel like venturing out. Boy I love tomato soup although sometimes it's rather acidic on me. After this post I have to get dressed and head out to the Farmer's Market. She is holding some eggs and suet for me. DH said that for Thanksgiving since it's just him and the kitties, he is going to make a delicious pork roast and sit there and slather mustard all over it! I always give him a hard time about "ruining" my beautiful, flavorful roasts by dipping the meat in a pool of mustard. :P So I need to pick up a pork roast also.

Then it's back to getting ready for my trip. This time next week I will be taxiing down the runway. Sis said she has a bunch of things planned for my visit - several of which she won't tell me because it's a surprise. I hope there is nothing too strenuous - I am still on the low side of activity especially now that the other arthritic knee has woken up and is yelling alot.

Ceejay- we had those wire tie straps on the drain hose in the laundry basin in one of our houses. It helped because when the spin cycle was in full gear - everything vibrated and rocked and it would otherwise loosen up. You sure don't want those new floors damaged again!

Laura - good luck with the last phase of Mom's move. Maybe she is feeling uprooted and wants her stuff, maybe she is feeling like my Mom that there is "plenty of good" in some of her treasures and can't bear to throw them out. Too bad that you will go through the expense and energy of moving them, only to have to re-cull once she gets into the new place. Glad you and Ceejay got a chance to meet.

Susie - I'm very sorry to hear about the hacking. I hope you were able to stem the bleeding before it got out of hand. That's really scary.

Shad - glad to hear the medical news is coming back clear - hope it continues to be so. Meanwhile have fun with ODDU. Have you had a chance to get your spring garden in yet?

Annie - hope you and Susie can meet up. Enjoy your weekend.

Hellos to the other chicks. I have to get off the computer or I never will. Now that I ate that "carby" tomato soup all I want to do is take a nap. Have a good weekend.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #45  

Evening all. Posting from home sweet home.

Ceejay – I can't figure out how to attach a photo from my phone, so it'll have to wait until I can get on a computer. Feel free to attach it. Just make sure to photoshop off my double chin, lol. Good exercise mowing, should help you in your challenge with your sister. My foot's doing better, but both of them will be better after being off my feet for a day or two. I was on my feet a LOT this past week. Mom's stuff won't be delivered by the movers until mid to late next week. She's staying with bf & me until then.

Happy - Thanksgiving is coming up so soon! So your dh will be staying home with the kitties? At least he'll have have a favorite meal. And he'll have the hot tub all to himself.

Oops, cell battery is about to die so I'll get this posted.

G'night all.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote