Old 11-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #31  

Good Evening! The sun has been out all day, NO wind, and 72 degrees this afternoon! A gorgeous fall day! I could take this kind of weather until Christmas Eve and then I would like 2" of snow which would disappear by New Years. I can dream on, I know. I went to a class at the hospital this morning. Every month they have a program called Young At Heart with all different presentors. Today was about fall prevention and tai chi. It was supposed to start at 10 but "old" people kept wandering in. There was such a large group and I sat in back so I could leave at 11 when it was supposed to be over. I was going to Bob's office to meet his mentee's new baby. After holding the 5# little guy, we headed to Sioux City. We ate lunch at Applebee's, looked at Christmas trees, and stopped by Penneys. Bob found a pair of Nike tennis shoes and I bought two pair of Columbia socks plus a pair of gloves. I had just gotten four coupons in the mail and the only thing I could use them on was the gloves. The whole back of the coupon was exclusions (shoes and socks) and I said, to the clerk, why do they even bother with coupons? It was a nice day for a ride and we did find a tree. I hope I like it when we put it up.

"Gma," I finally went to bed last night but Bob stayed up to watch the game. Glad the Cubs won! I have a couple Christmas gifts bought but am at a loss for most everyone. Ian's birthday comes first. He wants a Cleveland Browns sweatshirt and gift cards so that's pretty easy. He is a chocoholic so will wrap up some Snickers for him. What is the Texas de Brazil? It sounds interesting. Bob just asked what we will do if we aren't invited to the relatives for Thanksgiving. I doubt my "mom" will be able to go unless she has a really good day. She has been so confused lately. My bil always does the turkey and just coming off heart
surgery I'm not sure he is up to it. I told Bob he could grill steaks and call it good. He wanted to know if we could have stuffing with steak. Where do you stay in Fort Lauderdale? We will stay at the Ramada which I thought quite pricey, comparing prices for cruise and noncruise dates. The other two couples will have cars and can leave them there so that's why they picked it, I think.

Bob is hinting about something eat so guess I'll get out the leftovers. Enjoy your evening! Nothing to watch on tv tonight.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:04 AM   #32  

Good morning to you all. We are up early so we can take the car to get an oil change, go to WM and then get our flu shots. This weekend is commissary weekend so we have to get that done too.

Our car didn't cost a red cent as it was covered by the recall! I was sure glad of that. We went through the car wash with both of them then went and had lunch at Genghis. On the way home there was a shooting at a gas station not half mile from here and I had to drive by it to go home. Cops everywhere, taped off crime scene and two cars in the middle of the street with windows shot out. Too close for comfort for me as we go past that gas station all the time when we go out. The crime in this city has become an all time high.

Jean: We stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. It is all suites and since I can't sleep in a regular bed we always have to get someplace that has a sofa so I can figure out a sleeping arrangement. It is about 5 miles from the port and we park our car for the week at a fenced and manned lot just right around the corner from the terminal gate. The parking lot has a shuttle that takes you right up to your terminal and they load and unload all your luggage for you. They don't allow tipping so you don't tip. We are getting our room for $156 next year and ES has a free breakfast with all sorts of stuff and cook to order eggs or omelets, waffles all kinds of stuff. We figured if you subtract the $30 it would cost you for breakfast and not having to leave early to go before you check out, the cost would only be around $125 or so. The rooms are nice and big and have a microwave, coffee maker, little fridge, table and chairs to eat at if you want. You can walk to the back of the hotel and see the ships out the window. Jack does it every time we stay there. It is a nice hotel and close to a laudromat and grocery store and we seem to need both of them every time we go. Texas de Brazil is a nice all you can eat place. It is Brazilian restaurant, which means they bring the meats to the table and carve it right to your plate and boy do they have meats, file mignon, sausages, pork, chicken, you name it and it is all brought to your table. They have a 60+ item salad bar and it has everything you could think of. It is pricy about $50 a person, but this isn't Golden Corral. This is high end food.

I better go so I can finish getting dressed. With this being a work day we need to leave early to dodge and weave work traffic as the dealership is out by the mall and that is the busiest area to drive around. Have a great weekend.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote