Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 01:38 PM   #46  
loves kleenex box art

so confusing. I am notified that Painty has posted and it's Kiwi who did. Computers make mistakes??
Old 08-31-2003, 01:46 PM   #47  
a work in progress...

Awwwww, Bagzz...I know just what you're talking about...sniff, sniff. Several times last week I caught myself stopping dead in my tracks, thinking...realizing that she's really gone away. How can this be possible??? The phone call we got yesterday telling us about her nose piercing, brought it all screeching back to reality... I can't even go there. Still processing that information...

We survived sailing school and managed to pass all tests...it was a bit touch and go for a moment, when my first step in the boat resulted in a spectacular fall into the cockpit! Somehow, I did manage to get the hang of it all, and we really had a great time...Come to think of it...once we get the other one off to school and body piercings of his own, we'll have lots of free time to go sailing...

Last night was the Springsteen show...he was EXCELLENT! That was a good 3 hour workout...singing, clapping, dancing, rocking out. There was a group in front of us who never once clapped. One of the guys was on his cell phone a few times. Why were they there?? Even if you've never heard of Bruce, never heard a song...there's no way you can't just get caught up in the music and the excitement and fun. I think they were trying to win a bet...(I'll bet you $100 each, that you can't stand still at a Springsteen concert, show no emotion whatsoever, and act as if you couldn't care less about the whole thing...)

that's my story and I'm stickin to it...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-31-2003 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:37 PM   #48  
Member w/ messiest house

You're a hoot, kat. Sorry to hear you fell in the cockpit, but at least you got the injury out of the way early -- I don't think I've ever gone sailing when I haven't cracked my skull on or tripped over something. (You know why they call it a "boom", eh?)

Kiwi
Old 08-31-2003, 09:15 PM   #49  

Consolation and hugs, bagzzz. It is SO quiet when they and their noisy friends have all left... but then they come home for holidays (at least some of the time) and in order to get them to stick around, you have to have 24 hour open house AGAIN. It's easier when you're younger... but they do mean so much, don't they.

Kiwi... Your plan for non-self-sufficient kids is exactly what my mother did... but instead of sticking around, I married exHGit who was independent enough for both of us, and I vowed to go "home" as infrequently as possible. There must be a happy medium. Live close enough to babysit the grandkids? OMIGOD. Grandmoms are supposed to have corsets and grey hair. I could probably use the first, but I don't want the second. Acck.!

I like the idea of bench pressing cows. How do you make them hold still?
Old 08-31-2003, 11:41 PM   #50  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH---YOU GUYS ARE SO SWEET-- i won't even call you tanks tonight----just got home from sister's cottage---she and george bought it last summer and he never once got to stay in it with her---ANYway---thank you for all your condolences------i am planning to adopt some of Kiwi's ideas!!!---i certainly know how to WHINE!!!-----
Old 09-01-2003, 09:28 AM   #51  
loves kleenex box art

I am better at whining at you, Bagz. It's Labor Day and I'm depressed. I emailed you and you didn't return. I IMed Painty several times and she ignored me. My IM is stuckontheputer. I find that I stillllllllllllll think about Herbie way too much. This business of him having a girlfriend is not working for me. He needs to do something about that. Or she does. In my fantasy, she has an old boyfriend who is younger and hotter (in my fantasy, she's about 42) and she goes back to him, dropping Herbie's ego on the road in front of his gocart.

Somebody should do a study on why single people do not go to church. They don't,you know. If you go to church, you will notice it's full of couples or the occasional married woman whose husband won't go. DS and I went to a new local church last week and it was so nice. Several people talked to us after and told ds about the youth activities. This week ... I swear ... people did not even smile. Some smiled sure but some also looked at us and got grouchy faces then turned away. Single people (and I know someone else strugging with this) do not feel welcome in churches. The church Herbie attends welcomes singles but I ain't going there.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:21 PM   #52  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
This business of him having a girlfriend is not working for me. He needs to do something about that. Or she does. In my fantasy, she has an old boyfriend who is younger and hotter (in my fantasy, she's about 42) and she goes back to him, dropping Herbie's ego on the road in front of his gocart.
So what are you going to do when she breaks his "heart" and he comes back to you wanting to cry on your shoulder? A kick in the pants, I hope.

Quote:
Somebody should do a study on why single people do not go to church.
This week ... I swear ... people did not even smile. Some smiled sure but some also looked at us and got grouchy faces then turned away.
There is a secret underground network of singles churches, you know.
Seriously, I can think of several reasons: singles get depressed seeing all those HFU's every Sunday (happy family units); HFU's don't like being reminded that someone is having "fun". Furthermore the reason most people looked at you and got grouchy the 2nd week is that they remembered meeting you but they can't remember your name and they are irritated by their senility.

Lots of married people don't go to church either.

The Life of David Gale was a really good movie. Very intense (keep out of reach of children), but worthwhile.

Kiwi
Old 09-01-2003, 04:14 PM   #53  
loves kleenex box art

Just reporting on what DS and I had for Labor Day Dinner. YUMMMMM. We bought a Weber grill, our first grill, and DS cooked chicken breasts. YUMMMMM

I cut up and steamed sweet potato then tossed it with olive oil and salt and pepper and garlic..

And baked a spaghetti squash and tossed it with garlic and olive oil and salt and pepper. Put Romano on top.

Then steamed some spinach and tossed it with some garlic cooked in olive oil.

All very delish. I am stuffed and fat. My knee hurts. I am grumpy. I do exercises for strong knees. I am very grumpy. Got email from Herbie (he forwards stuff to DS and to me so we get duplicates). Was an IQ test. I took it. It wouldn't show me the results because I wasn't "a member." I don't know what I wasn't a member of. Don't care. Too full.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:21 PM   #54  
Member w/ messiest house

I love your sig. I had no idea Dale Earnhardt had a sense of humor.

Your entry is very colorful, as was your dinner. Congrats on getting DS to do the manly thing and cook on the grill. Very good training.

I'm doing online proofing , because the U.S. Open keeps getting rained out.

Kiwi
Old 09-01-2003, 09:37 PM   #55  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, you little erroneous proofer, there will no such heart breaking for there does not exist that kind of heart.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:19 PM   #56  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

tie me at the crossroads when i die
Old 09-01-2003, 10:28 PM   #57  
loves kleenex box art

is that some kind of Canadian Bacon saying?
Old 09-01-2003, 10:45 PM   #58  

Cowie... I didn't MEAN to ignore your IM's... I was AWAY most of Friday... please send (resend?) your IM name in a PM... I'd love to chat when we're both up to it.

Your sweetness is not dependent on Herbie in my book. What can we do to help you know that? You are peachy the way you are. There must be some essential bit of information that you haven't extracted from the situation... and when you extract it, you'll be good and happy!! and VICTORIOUS!!!!!!! Wahoo.

Kiwi--- what can we do to stop all that rain in NY? I wanted to watch tennis! How do those girls get so skinny and strong? I was never that strong OR skinny. Remorse and regret abound.

HOpe all of us thrive on the return to normal schedule. I had entirely too many opportunities to eat badly over the weekend... and, I confess I succumbed to a few of them.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:52 PM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

Painty .......................................... stuckontheputer.

If you want my IM, ask Kiwi. She understands me.

The essential piece of informatin is "he was the last male on my radar." HA! Bagz told me that. She is sooooo smart.

But why does she want to be tied to a crossroads?
Old 09-01-2003, 11:03 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

and why does she keep saying so?

Could it be an infiltrator? an interloper? an interlocuter?
Closed Thread