Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #31  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey all.

Can't wait to hear from Happy.

Went to the med clinic this morning. Now suffering from UTI. Omg. Anything else? Painful.

Not a lot going on this weekend. Son is coming up again.

Have a wonderful weekend all

Love conf hugs

Happy birthday to Chelle!!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:32 PM   #32  

Happy Birthday Michelle! It's probably not the best one you'll have, but I wish you all the best for the year to follow.

Annie - Sorry to hear about the UTI. Feel better soon! Yes, I hope to hear from Happy or her dh. I wonder if they are headed home by now? I'm sure there will be plenty to do to get her settled and as comfortable as possible, and rx's to pick up, etc.

--
Made my doctor appointment today for my annual physical and also a gyn exam. The doc now works 3 days a week, so there was nothing available until mid-November. Good for me - time to get some weight loss going!
Old 09-09-2016, 11:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default On my phone

Things are looking good in the house. Not bringing in any more boxes until I have the ones inside unloaded.
Spoke to my previous boss this morning about my paycheck which still hasn't shown up. He said according to the tracking number it's still in Memphis and hasn't been scanned. If I don't get it by Monday he will have accounting to stop those and cut me new ones.
I'm on my phone so I will make this short.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #34  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

The numbing agent on my leg wore off early. I'm in alot of pain. The pain meds barely make a dent in it. I'm trying not to move too much other than brief potty stops which I hope is enough movement to ward off blood clots. I can't sit long at the computer and find it hard to work with it in my lap. I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day so sorry, no personals. Just sitting in the recliner and dozing alot. Just wanted to check in. Maybe I can chat more tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:30 PM   #35  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy - just rest for heavens sake. We won't go away without you. Get off the computer, get off the leg, do the dvt exercises (like we have to do on the airlines) and rest, ice and be slothful.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:04 AM   #36  

Happy
Take care of yourself. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry you are in so much pain.

Hello's to Laura, Susie, Michelle, and Shad. Hope your week end is going great.

------
It's cool this morning and feels like fall. Getting ready to go to church.
My bedroom and living room are now in order. Now for the kitchen. I did get the cabinets all wiped out ready to put things in their place. So it should not be to bad a process. I keep forgetting about those two extra bedrooms and bathroom. But they will come later.
Met one of my neighbors yesterday. He said he was playing with the dogs and threw one of the toys over the fence. This is a high fence. My sister thinks it was intentional. At least I can remember his name. He has the same name as my nephew, Andy.
Weighed this morning and I've lost a total of 6 pounds. I'm not stress eating plus I've between trying not to snack between meals.
Made soup last night for dinner. Would have made cornbread but still can't find all my kitchen utensils. Maybe today.
I had over paid my Medicare premium as they start coming out of my SS check in September. They refunded that amount to me. I took that check to the bank yesterday to deposit it. I'm seriously thinking about joining Planet Fitness. Mainly to get out of the house for a while.
Thanks to GPS I'm learning my way around.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-11-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #37  

Morning all. Lovely weather all weekend. Well, a bit sprinkly yesterday morning, but otherwise, just great.

Happy - Don't go worrying about personals, just put all your energy into getting/staying comfortable and out of pain and keeping the clots away. You'll get through this and pretty soon every day to come will be a better day!!!

Hi Ceejay - Glad things are coming together at home. Well, if it's not feeling like home yet, it soon will. Congrats on the 6 pound loss!! Fingers that paycheck arrives tomorrow.

Hi Shad!

Hellos to the rest of you!
==

I went to a BodyPump class at the Y yesterday morning. Sore today, but I liked the class - all strength using weights and barbells. A full hour was tough, but there's a BodyPump Express class (half hour) during the week that might be easier on me until I get stronger and more conditioned.

Went to a fest at our local mall with bf and my friend D yesterday afternoon and saw a band we like. It was a beautiful day to be outside.

This morning I watched the dvd "Room ". Good movie, based on a good book.

Meeting bf's family for lunch at a local restaurant today. Maybe I can get bf to pop over to the forest preserve across the street for a bit. There's an elk grove there, yes, with elk in a fence-enclosed area.

That's it for me. Have a great Sunday/Monday everyone.

Last edited by Laura705; 09-11-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #38  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. The weekend has gone by so fast! We have beautiful weather here in Ohio today. Went to church today and napped this afternoon. I am about to gonand clean the bathroom. I didnt get to it yesterday.

DH and I went to see The Mechanic last night. It was pretty good. It was good to get out of the house.

Happy: Dont over do! When do you go back for you post op appointment?

Ceejay: Great job on the 6 lb loss! It sounds like you ate getting settled in. I think joining a gym is a good idea. While I have exercise stuff at home it is so easy to get out of the mind set of exercising, which is where I am at now. Going to a gymn and being with others who are doing the same thing is very helpful.

Laura, changing to the 30 min class for Body pump is a good idea as you work up to the 60 min one.

Hi to Shad, Anne, Dee and Michelle.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #39  

I'm tired of unpacking. Just need to get back in the mood.
I spotted a field of sunflowers on the way to church yesterday. So we went back and made pictures. They turned out good. check out my fb page.
Will be trying to mow the lawn today. It's been cool so I think I can do it. May have to mow two strips and rest but that's okay.
I've text my ex boss about the paycheck telling him its time to put a stop payment on it and issue a new one.

----
Dee
Are you still unpacking?

Happy
How are you this morning? Hope the pain has subsided.

Laura
Glad you had a good week end.

Hello's to Susie and Michelle
Old 09-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #40  

Morning all. Quiet here in the office as the boss and other manager are out of the office. But before the boss left Friday, he scheduled a goals status meeting for next Tuesday. Ugh. I’ll have to look at those to prepare.

Ceejay – I saw the sunflower pics on fb – beautiful, and it's so great you’re making up for lost time with family. As for the unpacking, I agree with Shad – now that the critical items are unpacked, just take it slow and do one or two boxes a day. Take it easy mowing the lawn!

Susie – Sounds like a nice weekend. Bf and I used to go to the movies (together) regularly – I’d like to get back to doing that.

Happy & Annie – Hope the recoveries are making progress!

Hellos to Shad & Dee.

--

Lunch with bf’s mom, brother, SIL & nieces was alright. Not sure why I ordered a BLT – the tomatoes were awful. Good thing there was a good amount of bacon on the sandwich!

Afterwards, bf brought his mom home (we had separate cars) and I stopped by the forest preserve to see the elk.

Later in the afternoon I returned some items to the library and then went to Walmart for a couple things.

In the evening we watched the end of the US open men’s tennis final.

So it was a pretty ho-hum day. I was (and still am) sore in the quads from that body pump class, so last night I was trying to roll out my quad muscles with my foam roller – ouch. Then I used the old electric massager on them. But experience tells me it’s only time that will make the soreness go away, so I will wait.

Nothing planned tonight, but I might do a BE workout.

Off to post and back to work. TTFN.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #41  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good evening girls I'm sorry for being MIA the last 2 weeks but my life has been a mess Trying to sell & find a home we want to live in until we die at, isn't easy during this late in the year. We need at least 4 potential homes to see/buy before we sell our home because we don't have $ for renting all winter until next summer when more houses are on the market & we don't want or trust the rental storage units & we have our 2 girls Sundae & MeeMee to find a rental home that would allow them, so moving twice would be like a bad dream

Labor Day weekend we decided stay home & enjoy being here, we know we'll be gone next year. On Saturday we went to the Friday-Saturday semi-annual Yoders Amish Quilt & Flea Market-Craft Show near Clare, MI; with over 500 booths to spend at plus several pole barns of Amish items including the quilt auction, a cafe, veggies & fruit. We skipped eating their foods & instead ate their homemade peach ice cream & fresh apple slushy. It takes us about 3-4 hours to walk through it. We have lots of fun going there every year & we will try to get back up here to it for the May or Labor Day show after we move. The variety of old & new things & different vendors keep it new, like Dh planned to buy a few items at the Labor Day sale that he saw at their spring sale & that vendor wasn't here & felt bummed & then he spotted some other WoW items & bought them. I bought a antique glass rolling pin that opens up to hold cold/hot water & a few birthday gifts. Then Sunday at 1pm we took a river tubing trip with 8 friends, stopping to eat at a picnic stop on the river, we had 2 tubes holding drinks & food that floated w us. We got home at 7pm & then relaxed at home on Monday, Labor Day. Because everything got complicated in August about selling our home we passed on walking the Mackinac Bridge this Labor Day, we'll be back up there next year & do the bridge walk.

Happy I'm glad to hear your knee surgery went well. Now your Dh can be your Prince Charming & take care of your Every desire

Chelle I'm sorry for my late birthday wishes

Ceej on your weight loss

Laura Your posts are inspirational to read about how you are keeping yourself soo Fit. Your weekends are always busy too.

Shad, I hope that you are still enjoying being home with your family & that Oddu is spoiling you

Susie, It's so nice to see that you've been able to relax at home & not bring your career stress home with you anymore

Annie, How are you doing with your post-op care, what can you do, not do now? You're still in my prayers for a excellent recovery

Have a Blessed & wonderful week girls

Last edited by miniDoodles; 09-12-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #42  

Height: 5'7"

Monday's a tuff! It took me all morning to get out of a fog. I was wide awake 3 times last night and so that didn't make it any better.

I finally got my mind settled in and a plan at 12:30 and got some work out. The morning was just going through email. I hate email....it is hard to believe that at one time I couldn't wait to check it!

DH had a rough day at work, nothing really than his own issues with not wanting to have crucial conversations when he should be. I'm usually very understanding, but today, I told him to figure it out and face what he needs to and then go on from there and to be professional about it as well.

All he is living for right now is being able to retire early (not because he has the money to do so; but because I'm working and I get paid a decent wage, he can) and he has at least a year before he is 62 (a year and 3 months) so I told him for the that time he needed to get in the game and swing for the fence so to speak.

I might be a bit grumpy today.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Now on to personals.

Dee: Moving is stressful, selling a house is stressful, and looking for a house is stressful. This is a major change in your life.....be kind to yourself going through this.

Your Labor Day activities sounds like fun. That rolling pin sounds nifty!

Happy: How are you doing with the pain?

Anne: Is the UTI getting better? I hate them! As you know I get them often and sometimes for me it is a IC flare which feels like one. How much longer do you have until you go back to work?

Ceejay: I love the FB pictures. How did the yard mowing go? Hopefully they get that paycheck issue taken care of and you get your check soon.

Shad: Did your son make it back from the USA yet? How is your back and feeling these days?

Laura: Is your goals status meeting to review your personal work goals or some other sort of goals?

DH and I used to go to the movies a lot and we don't seem to go like we used to. We will go for a few and then take a break. I think I'm going to let those who ask me what sort of gifts we want for Christmas that we would like movie gift cards and restaurant gift cards and such. We don't need more stuff. I buy what I want but it would be nice to have gift cards to go do things...sort of feels like free money!

Did you take any pictures of the elk?

I am dusting my home office so I better get back to it.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #43  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all.

Go to doc September 20 to determine my return to work date and also see if I can put weight on my ankle. One week. Yeah! Pain free with the exception of a few twinges here and there.

Yesterday was Sams 1 year anniversary. Of course no celebration since they are separated on their way to divorce. So I took her to lunch for an "UN" celebration at Texas Roadhouse. My dsil met us there. Very nice

Happy. Hope you are getting along ok. Pain with knee replacement is awful according to a friend or two.

Hello to all. Don't feel much like personals today.

Hugs
Old 09-13-2016, 04:12 PM   #44  

Afternoon all. Another beautiful day today, but I believe rain is coming late afternoon or evening.

Dee – I imagine it would be difficult trying to find a house that you’d like to stay in for the rest of your life, especially if you thought your current house was gonna be that! And it must be even more difficult if your house search isn’t in your immediate area – didn’t you say it would be closer to where your children live? Maybe your sons can help you find something? Good luck in your search! ---Sounds like you had a nice Labor Day weekend! I’ve never been tubing. If it’s like the lazy river at the water park, count me in!

Susie – Sorry you had a rough Monday yesterday. I hope you caught up on your sleep last night and that today’s a better day! --- I hope your dh can get things squared at work without too much pain. Let’s see, you’re younger than me… I don’t think I remembered the age gap between you and your dh. Re retirement…how would you feel to still be working while he was retired? I suppose a lot of couples go through that, but my mother left her job not long after my father retired because my dad was very keen on moving out of the city and state and was in a big hurry to do so. To this day, my mom resents that she felt she had to quit before she could earn her 10 year anniversary bonus at her job…--- The goal status review is a mid-year review of our individual work goals for the year – a little bit late, as usual, LOL.

Annie – I hope you’ll be able to be up on that ankle before too long. Will you be happy to get back to work? Or just glad to have something to do with yourself? --- Sorry to hear it was an UNniversary for S. instead of an anniversary.

Happy – I hope you’re managing to not be in too much pain and are keeping comfortable.

Ceejay – Okay, I have to say that your fb photo makes that yard look really LARGE. Is it really big or was that just the photo? Is it more or less to mow than in your previous home?

Hello Shad. Are the kids back from their vacay trip?

==
Not much to report. My quad soreness lessened a bit by yesterday afternoon, and is mostly gone today. I did a BE workout last night that was mostly upper body. Thinking of going to a class at the Y tonight – maybe a yoga class. Oh, I received my body bar workout dvd in the mail yesterday.

We’d donated a bunch of Coal’s items to the rescue over a month ago and we still haven’t gotten a tax letter/receipt from them. I sent an email to them at lunch time requesting one (even though bf has followed up a couple times already). Their annual fundraising auction is this Saturday, so I’m thinking they’ve been busy with that and are behind on correspondence. Bf is annoyed that there’s been no acknowledgement and said he’ll have a chat with the head of the rescue about it on Saturday. I’m hoping that we see the items that bf specifically told them were for inclusion in the silent auction. If not, he’s going to be really angry. I won’t be happy either, but this organization is run by volunteers, so I’m sure they’ve been busy preparing for this auction on top of all their usual rescue, fostering, and adoption activities. I’ll try to be patient for both of us.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll get this posted.

Last edited by Laura705; 09-13-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:18 PM   #45  

Oh, Susie - here's a photo of one of the 4 elks I saw on Sunday.

Closed Thread