Exercise
1 1/2 hrs. morning barn chores
1/2 hr. sweeping hay barn floor
1/2 hr. evening barn chores

Meals
oatmeal with banana
egg sandwich
roast beef, sweet potato, applesauce

Christmas brunch party today. It's buffet style so hopefully I can make good food choices.

Might have a little snow tomorrow. Sam's on vacation for 11 days. Not sure what we will be doing. He said he has lots of projects around the house he wants to do.

Hope all is well with you. Have a blessed Sunday!
Old 12-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #242  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Exercise
1 1/2 hour walk with dog

Meals
Veggie Sub
Mock pork bites, celery stuffing
Peppermint Ice cream sandwich

My weigh-in showed I am up one pound.....so if I am to be realistic about this...... I don't think I will be serious about this until the New Year. Too many temptations coming up with parties at work, at social groups, and with families. I am not saying that I am going to go all out and binge eat, but I know that I will be tasting a lot of food. So I have to be honest with you and myself.

I hope your Christmas brunch was nice, and that you and Sam have a fun over the next 11 days. You will have to think of something fun to do. Perhaps something fun and Christmas like. Perhaps you can find some type of Christmas show to see.

I decorated my side porch with Christmas lights and a star. I have also decorated our Christmas tree. So all my decorations are in place. I will have to work on Christmas cards next. Tomorrow night I am going to my first Christmas party at the Kennel Club. I will just have to be wise and use moderation when eating.

I like bats, mainly because they eat all those horrible mosquitoes!!!

Hope you have a good Monday.

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-04-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:02 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Good morning! I agree maybe it would be better to hold off posting meals and exercise until after the holidays.

I had a lovely brunch party yesterday. Great group of friends and good food. This Saturday my church is doing an all you can eat pancake breakfast with Santa. I'm flipping pancakes. It's our first venture to do this and I hope we get a lot of people. I'm all decorated too!

We had about 2 inches of snow last night. Looks so pretty this morning. The horses will be making snow angels when I turn them out. They love to roll in snow!

Have a great Monday!
Old 12-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #244  
Focus & Determination

Hi there!

Went to a Christmas party for the Kennel Club last night. It was nice meeting and talking to people with similar interest. It was fun and I am looking forward to being involved with the group in the New Year. I was surprised at the number of people who I met that had many dogs [4, 6, 8 ,10]. They said "oh you only have one?" I had to explain that I live in town and not the country like them, so I don't have all the extra room for them to run. I can't imagine having 10 dogs, wow. I was pretty good with my meal. I brought some pasta salad which I ate some of, and then I had some desserts. I was good not to over stuff myself.

Horse snow angels made me smile. I remember our horses and ponies rolling in the snow too and then shaking their fuzzy coats. Good old memories. I miss snuggling them. We didn't get any snow. We got rain today, which is pretty cold. Hope we get a bit more rain. Still need more.

So are you dressing up like Mrs. Claus flipping pancakes? Sounds like fun.

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-06-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #245  
Focus & Determination

Hi Renee,

I hope you are doing fine. We are doing fine. My husband made a small stable covering for my outdoor nativity set. I am so happy about that. He was also going to make some decorations with the pine cones from our back yard, but someone had come and taken them all away. They tore branches off our tree and took all the pine cones in reach off the tree too. We were not very happy about that. There is a forest down at the end of our block where we can get some more, but it is very disappointing that someone would come into our backyard and take things off our tree, even without asking. If they had asked, we probably would have shared, but it is just the principal of it. Very sad. Guess we will need to put up a fence sooner than we planned.

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-07-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:34 AM   #246  

Good morning!

How horrible about your tree and pine cones. Sometimes I just don't understand people! Everyone is fine here. Catching up on some outside things before it gets cold and while Sam is on vacation. Today we are cleaning out the house gutters. Our big maple tree makes a mess, but is so pretty in the fall. It's leaves usually fill the gutters, so we need to clean them out. And I want to put some more lights along the gutter so we'll kill 2 birds with one stone.

I have most of my Christmas shopping done, just need to pick up a couple of stocking stuffers.

Cold air is on the way, so I need to get my heated water buckets out. The horses drink a lot more water when it's warmed and that's what you want in the winter. Helps prevent colic.

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #247  
Focus & Determination

Day 1 of physical therapy done. Now just need to do my daily exercises until next week. Going only 2 times a week for the next 2 weeks and then will pick up again in the New Year. Couldn't squeeze in 3 times for now.

Finished my Christmas cards tonight. Was suppose to do them last weekend, but got off track. Will put them out in the mail tomorrow.

You are a good animal caretaker. Those horses are loved.

I still have some Christmas shopping to do. Hopefully I will be able to get it done this weekend. I will give it a try anyways.

Have a fabulous Friday!

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-08-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:00 AM   #248  

Good morning!

Do you have much pain with your back? Can you drive and sleep comfortably? I hope the therapy is working for you.

Yesterdays pancake breakfast with Santa went great! I ended up serving the pancakes and it was so much fun!

Today I'll be getting my Christmas cards ready to mail. Sams still on vacation so I'm not sure what the rest of the day will bring.....

Tomorrow we'll probably go and get a tree. We have 5 tree farms close by and I'm sure they'll be packed with people today.

My mother- in- law's birthday is Friday. She'll be 89. I always make a dinner for her and bake a cake. She's doing very well.

We're supposed to get a bit of snow this afternoon. I think we'll have a white Christmas this year....

Have a blessed Sunday!
Old 12-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #249  
Focus & Determination

Hi Renee!

I only have pain in my back when I sleep. So I don't get a very good sleep. I usually wake up in the night. Last night was just a bit better. Driving is okay. I think the therapy exercises are helping. I have been trying to do them twice a day. Still need to do them tonight.

I'm glad you have fun at the Christmas event serving pancakes. It sounded nice.

I hope you had a good Sunday. I had a nice one. I did a bit of Christmas shopping. Still looking for a few more people. Then my husband, dog, and I all went to the dog park to play. This time 3 more dogs came so it was a good period for dog socializing. He is still timid around other dogs, but every little bit helps.

You should be able to find a good tree with 5 tree farms nearby. It will smell so good in your house.

I'm glad your Mother-in-Law is doing better. It must be hard on the body at 89. I am sure she appreciated your care for her, and will be delighted with the upcoming dinner/cake.

Parts of our state got a few flurries. I didn't see any but then the sky sure looked light snow and the temperature was around 28 F.

This weekend was too short. I think next weekend will feel even shorter as the sunlight hours decrease. I hope you have a good week.

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-11-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:26 PM   #250  
Focus & Determination

Polar Vortex is headed our way! Are you ready?
Old 12-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #251  

Yes, we're ready! Sometimes I think the weather people hype up the forecast. I mean it is winter and we do live in a area that gets cold. I doubt any records will be broken and it's only going to last a day or two.

I should go get my tree today. I love the smell of pine in the house.

Thanks for the very nice card!
Old 12-15-2016, 11:15 AM   #252  

Good thing I got my tree yesterday...it's a little brisk out there today!
Old 12-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #253  
Focus & Determination

Thanks for the pretty festive Christmas card! I put it on my fireplace mantel. It is cold, cold, cold today. Too cold to be out there walking. Glad you got your tree on a warm day.

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-15-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:03 AM   #254  

Snowing heavily here. It looks so pretty, but it's supposed to turn to rain later today so will probably all wash away.

My mother-in-law turned 89 yesterday. I had dinner and a cake for her. She's getting around pretty good now.

Finished up all my shopping yesterday. It was 8 degrees when I went out to the barn, but it didn't feel as cold as the day before because the wind wasn't blowing.

Do you visit relatives for Christmas?

I think it would be a good day to make some Christmas cookies......

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #255  
Focus & Determination

Hi Renee!

How are you doing? I hope you are staying warm. Did you make those Christmas cookies that you talked about?

We had a really icy day here last Saturday. Very slick. I had to be very careful while walking my dog. My back is slowly healing. Physical therapy has been helping. It will just a bit more time to heal.

The holidays will be nice. We will be together with family. It will be a busy one. I here the weather forecast plans for 50 degrees here on Christmas Day. So it won't be a white Christmas here.

Someone at work is giving away a bunch of fitness magazines. I called asking for some, which I hope to pick up tomorrow. Hopefully they will have a lot of information, which is useful to share, to keep us motivated in the New Year! I plan on a big start for the New Year. My husband plans on losing a few pounds, and I have a friend at work who also wants to lose a few too. So if I have you on the internet, and people all around me striving to reach the same goal, I think there will be a lot of motivation to keep on track. I need it. Hopefully, I can keep you motivated too.

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-20-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Closed Thread