Old 07-31-2016, 10:49 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default The Worldly Chicks - Kickstarting the Plans In August

Hey chickie friends,

I am starting this thread a few hours early - will be gone most of the day tomorrow so at least I can get this in place.

Here's the link to the old thread in case you want to catch up. Click me to go back in time to July

Tomorrow is our fundraiser - professional "beggars day" where we will be out on the streets of town begging for money for the animals and "sticking to the donors" with a hot pink paw sticker. It's supposed to be warm and sunny so I hope it will be a good day and we have lots of generous people.

We were going to go on the boat today but our friends could not make it for fishing and DH suggested another time. Which was good because I spent the entire day making 47 reminder phone calls and sending out about 22 of the last of the personalized emails. I have found that I need to call even if I send an email because some people don't look at their email on a regular basis. I forget how much work this event is. I won't be in on the fun part of counting the money in the end because I have to go to the doctor in the afternoon and see how my vitamin levels are in addition to getting her opinion on my knees. Today I sat just about all day but I noticed my foot is swelling again which means the joint is leaking again. I have no more Motrin left so I'll have to stop at the store before I head off to set up our table at "headquarters" tomorrow.

So we had pizza tonight - the last day of eating. My plan for August is to monitor calories, write what I bite and get at a minimum 20 minutes of exercise a day - even if that's just my physical therapy and the bike for a while - whatever my knees will tolerate. I'm going to try and keep my eating as unprocessed as possible which should not be too difficult as we are in the end of summer's bounty and there are farmer's markets and roadside stands with plenty of produce. I took a look at my garden yesterday and I am probably the only person in the world who could not grow zucchini. The plant started out with beautiful blossoms and then just petered out. Cucumbers are so so - not trailing as much as I'd like for them to be and my tomatoes are doing pretty well but the plants again are not very big. The arugula patch is fine - DH had a salad the other night and it was downright fiery but he loved it. Our nights are rather cool so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Also I have noticed our hummingbirds swarming for a few weeks now. They do that when they bulk up on juice to make the trip down south. Today I noticed a substantial drop in the population - can they be heading out and it's not even August yet? This scares me - my sister said this summer reminds her of the summer prior to that bitter cold winter we had in 2013. I was thinking the same - although they did predict a cooler than average summer for us. I'll have to work hard on losing weight be be able to wear thicker sweaters under my winter coats

Didn't get to work on the peaches. Had one today for breakfast with some blueberries. It is so peachy delicious. I will put about a dozen in the refrigerator to eat fresh and chilled. I might make some peach nectar also for DH. Peach margaritas and daiquiris are on the no no list Good thing I have Tuesday off now - I will work on them then. DH and I are off to another cooking class on Tuesday night - Salsas the food not salsa the dancing I have 2 other friends joining us - looking forward to it although I don't know how 10 of us will fit in that small kitchen. Must get there first

That's about it for me.

Dee - I had no idea I'd be this busy when I retired. I thought that I'd be writing and drawing and cooking and reading and doing crafts. Hasn't happened yet but I do keep thinking about it. It sounds like you are quite a wonderful caterer - love the idea of the cheesecakes. I hope you can keep some of your kitchen tools so that others can enjoy your cooking at your new home. Maybe you can give cooking classes in your house to make some new friends and extra funds. I loved the idea of the holiday bingo with fun prizes. Unfortunately I don't think that will ever "fly" here although it would be great fun. I understand how you feel about people peering at your house. When we were showing, I packed a bunch of boxes and left them in the garage. The realtor was not happy about it but you could still easily see the dimensions of the garage and in Tennessee no one actually uses their garage for cars - it's for storage. This way I was able to get breakable and personal things out of the way. It's a pain showing / opening the house to the public. I do hope you sell quickly and at a good price

Ceejay - I think you are right about missing some workers (but not ALL ) and not missing the stress and aggrivation. I hope you do get to plant a lovely garden. One of the highlights of my summer was having coffee on the deck in the early morning, looking at the pretty flower bed and trying to ignore the fact the darn fawn ate ALL of my impatiens this year I loved the soft morning breeze and the birds singing. It was sooo peaceful. I hope you have the same serenity. You worked hard and earned it. And I think you will be so delighted not to have neighbors quite that close especially the kind that bug you for transportation, run all over your property and cause a ruckus. Relax and enjoy the peacefulness and then when you get bored and restless, go looking for some new friends.

Suzie - you reminded me that somewhere in around under my desk I bought a journal where you can record food and exercise. Good idea and thanks for the reminder. I must find it too - a great tool to keep us on track. I agree with you it's mindful eating - even if you are eating out - you can stop and see if there are modifications or a better choice to make. I get a rotisserie chicken and chop it up. One of our light summer favorites is chicken salad (that I make with plain Greek yogurt and a bit of mayo instead of all mayo) and we have cut up fruit and vegetables with it. You can make it ahead of time and it's cool and refreshing for a quick dinner. Just don't let DH eat all the watermelon chunks like mine does My gosh - it seems like maybe you might not be so ding dong crazy busy with the new Director. Wouldn't that be nice? Let's keep hope alive.

Annie - I hope the Shiloh trip was fun for you.

Hello to the rest of the ladies. I think I want to jump in the hot tub for a soak but first I have a load of clothes to fold. Have a good day and Happy new month. Summer is rolling away - enjoy EVERY day!

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-31-2016 at 11:03 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:05 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

bumping us up. Bump bump
Old 07-31-2016, 11:17 PM   #3  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Thanks for our new thread & sweet dreams my little sister.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

A whirlwind weekend.

Long drive to Shiloh (St. Louis) and back in two days time. THe party was cute, kind of boring, and too hot to go out of the community building which was very nice indeed. It was a new cabin, clean and air conditioned. The food was all made by my Philippino SIL....egg rolls type things, fried rice, some sort of noodles. The cake was store bought. Mine Craft was the theme. A computer game or something like that. We did get a nice swim in the indoor motel pool, it was heated and very nice. We were the only ones in it for our swim. Breakfast at Cracker Barrell. Not all that great. I think I have CB burn out. I was exhausted by the time we got home on Sunday afternoon. Did one load of laundry when I got home and went to bed early.

THis is my last full work week, then surgery next week on Thursday the 11th. Kind of scary.

I will come back for personals, I need to get busy. Had to make a work related stop on the way to work this morning therefore not getting in until 9. It is 10 now and I have done absolutely nothing.

annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:09 PM   #5  

Morning all.

Susie – Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your nephews. === I don’t understand your organization structure and all that, I’m just glad things are less frantic at the moment and I hope they stay that way!!

Ceejay – Better get that letter out to your landlord lickety split, though I don’t suppose he would give a good tenant like you a hard time if you were off with your notice by a day or two. == Sounds like your last weeks of work will be “interesting” given the mechanical/electrical issues at the plant.===A Zen or meditation garden sounds nice. Do you mean to have flowers and other plantings, or the type that has gravel areas that get raked into certain patterns? === Oh for Pete’s sake, you’ll be suffering those neighbors of yours until the day you drive away for the last time. Patience my friend.

Dee – Wow, that must have been quite the hike – great job on the steps!=== Gosh, sounds like your next house/property will not be downsized as much as I thought! ==Very interesting information re keeping chickens. == The bridal shower desserts sound wonderful!

Shad – Ugh, what a PITA when dealing with a new version of an operating system or office software, etc. Good luck finding & doing what's you needed.== Well, I suppose you could be in Wagga Wagga in spirit, LOL. == How were cocktails with your landlord? ==Yes, the post-Coal daily routine is quite different now, and even walking past the water bowl can’t help but look over to see if it needs refilling.

Happy – Thank you for setting up our new thread! == And the door drama continues. So now a wooden door is the solution? Gosh that sounds expensive! I think you should consider alternatives – how about a roll-up garage-type door, LOL? Interesting about the steel doors radiating cold into the room – I would have thought they would have insulation inside them to prevent that. We have a very thick, sturdy wood front door, but very plain and with only a small square window towards the top of it. We’d like to replace it someday, but your experiences gives me pause! == I hope your fundraiser today goes very smoothly and successfully. ==Thanks for your comments on the pet meds and all the other pet items. We’ve got an email out to the rescue from which we adopted Coal as to which items they can use. == Oh yes, there are definitely baby teeth in dogs, sometimes called “milk” teeth and I didn’t know about it until we adopted Coal. == Re hair styling – maybe the next time I should go ahead and get the blowdry/style and then be sure we have something planned so I can go out with nicely styled hair for a change!

Annie – Your whirlwind weekend sounds nice. I don’t get the theme because I don’t play any computer games! But I do love the Filipino eggrolls, and the noodle dishes, which I believe are called pansit. Yummy. === Not a Cracker Barrel fan, for starters – no corned beef hash!===Glad you got back home safe and sound. Are the boys feeling better? ==Enjoy your last week + of mobility before surgery. Have you practiced using that kneelie thing yet?

==
The weekend was survived. I had my hair appointment on Saturday. I did some laundry. Later on we went out to eat, then stopped at the cruise night for a look around on T-Bird night. It was a nice evening to be outside. During the day, I went through the house gathering all of Coal's things. On Sunday bf and I went through them, and kept a few toys and other items that are special to us. We have several shopping bags of items to donate.

Sunday we went to breakfast and then to the farmers market. Our market has expanded over the years and has a lot of interesting booths in addition to the produce ones – meat, poultry, eggs, cheese, pickles, salsas, sauces, flowers, etc. I’m glad we were there after we ate or we would have bought more than we did. Later in the afternoon we visited bf’s mom at her new rehab facility and it was really nice sitting outside in a shady spot in the courtyard, with a nice breeze coming across.

That’s it for me, so I’ll get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

Hey Good Morning All....

Nice evening. Made chicken tetrazzini for dinner and Red Lobsters cheddar biscuits from scratch. Very very close in taste to the real thing. I ate only one cause I am sure there are about 5000 calories per biscuit. Brussel sprouts too. All very caloric foods. Went to bed early. The boys are feeling better, C is about 1/3 into his summer cold and Sam is right along with C, maybe a day ahead of him. Yeeee, trying to stay healthy at home is a real task.

Curtis asked Jacob, the 4 year old, what type of car this particular car was and Jacob said, very nonchalantly, looking straight in to C's eyes...I don't know what the **** that is. I about fell out laughing. I am still laughing thinking about it. Then Sam went to get her and Royce ice cream (Jacob doesn't like it) and Royce realized Sam was gone, came into my room and asked me where his mom was...I said she went to the store and would be right back. Royce, the 2 year old, said, Well I need to use your phone. OMG what entertainment, laughing still.

LAURA...hugs again about Coal. It is a hard thing to do. I have done it once with Bella. Cried for months. Enough, or we will both be in tears. Hope DMIL is doing well with her recovery. Love going to the hairdresser. I had my hair cut this past Friday night.

SUSIE...fun fun with the little ones. Glad you got to enjoy your nephews. Hope work is shaping up to where you want it to be.

CEEG..work will be in a world of hurt once you retire, sadly they won't realize that till you are out of there.

HAPPY...thanks for starting the new thread. You are wonderful. Glad you are giving up your thrift shop duties for the most part. You def need YOU time in your retirement and it seems you get to do less and less for yourself and more for others. The front door would have me so frustrated. Hugs to you sister. Any relief with your knees?

SHADDIE...soon the PIA job will be over. THen you can deal with ODDU...hahaha

DEE...hope the downsizing is going great for you. Hugs sister.

That is about it for me. Make it a great one!
Old 08-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #7  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicklettes,

Long day yesterday - glad it's over. People were not very kind yesterday - hardest time ever begging on the streets. We got more hardline no's than I have ever seen before. Oddly enough we made the most money at the grocery stores and the post office. Someone pointed out that the locals are at those points for the most part. People worked hard for what we got - my concern is that we had a lot of new volunteers - I hope this experience did not scare them off - it's very hard to get people to stand and beg on the streets, even if we did cut the shifts from 2 hours to 90 minutes. And difficult as it was, as one person put it - we have more money today than we did yesterday. I will have to compose a nice email with some funny snippets from the day to encourage people and thank them. Oh and one volunteer was sitting on a big boulder by the bank and asked a couple entering the bank for a donation. They said we'll get you on the way out. (A very common response). Then when they came out they handed her a check for $500 !!!!! They were from Arizona and said they are big supporters of Humane Societies. Another lady came with her little doggie who was missing alot of his teeth and had that sort of tongue hanging cutezy smile you can't resist. I think his eyes were crooked too. She pulled a double shift and even she had a hard time collecting - people would admire the dog but not give her any donations. She said she had a whole new admiration for people who stood out and solicited. She said going forward she would always make sure to give someone at least a dollar knowing now how hard that is. I said this builds up your fortitude for rejection

I had to leave my post early to get to a doctor's appointment. Rushed around and when I got to the parking lot I noticed it was oddly vacant. Went into the office and said I had a 4:30 appt and they said the doctor was on vacation. What?????? Said they called and sent letters - I said no they didn't. I talked to the facilities manager and said this happens ALL THE TIME. They rescheduled my appointment to 8/18. I was miffed to say the least. Told them I was in alot of pain so they called this morning - I can get in tomorrow. I think the doctors are overworked - there are only 2 of them. DH said I should look for someone else - I said well I can keep the one I really like and put up with this kind of rescheduling or go to his clinic where I will be told by the doctors that they can't do anything for me.

Today I will run to the thrift store - not to work but to do some final turnover with my co-chair. It will be nice to have the rest of the day to myself. I have to get those peaches done TODAY. Tonight DH is coming with me to salsa cooking class. We are both looking forward to it.

Annie - that car story and Jacob was really funny - even I was laughing. Man I love chicken/turkey tetrazini - how can you go wrong with white sauce, cheese, noodles and mushrooms. YUM. Those biscuits are the stuff of the devil too. No, I am not getting any relief on the knees. I sat for the most part yesterday until the afternoon when I was walking through town but I was really in a world of hurt yesterday. I stopped at the grocery store and they added on a pharmacy. For convenience sake I grabbed a bottle of Motrin (100 caplets) as I was out. It was almost $13 DH said the doctors here have made a commitment not to prescribe pain killers of any sort so now that is going to drive up the price of over the counter medications. Does that make sense? I think they are trying to just kill us all off. I can understand you nervousness about the upcoming surgery. What is bothering you about it? Let's talk and we can be surgery buddies - you can help me with my knee surgery. Are you going to have to be totally off your feet for a while? What will they do without you at work? Who will do the dreaded Wednesday report?

Laura - I think the steel security door we have has an insulated foam core but it's still metal and metal conducts cold. We went to the lumber store and picked out deck railings but for some reason, DH did not look at doors. That's a great idea about contacting the rescue organization for donated goods - they often operate on shoe string budgets. How nice that you have a good selection at the farmer's markets. I was impressed at the ones they have down in the south suburbs by my sister.

It just turned black at night outside. There are really bad storms up north of us, maybe they took a dip down our way. Lights are flickering - I think I'm going to get off the computer for a while.

Hello to the rest of the chicks. Will be back later.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #8  

Morning all. Heating up out there. We had the AC shut off for a few days, but now it's back on because the next three days will be hot ones. Not looking forward to the next electric bill!!

Annie – Yum, love those cheddar bay biscuits. According to MFP, they are between 140 – 160 calories, and the ones from the mix are 220 calories. Not good for those who can’t eat just one…i.e., ME. -- Oh gosh, please try to stay well in that house full of sickies! -- Sounds like you are being entertained constantly by those boys! That will be a good distraction during your recovery from surgery! -- Thanks for the hugs. It’s been tough. Bf is having it even tougher than me – he was home all the time with Coal. He’s been avoiding mowing the lawn because he always had his buddy out there with him while he mowed. Okay, enough of that. Next time I'll bring up a happy memory.

Happy – Sorry the fundraising was difficult yesterday. Bless the couple with their $500 check! Smart to try to bolster the morale of the volunteers – rejection is rough! --- I’d be furious over the appointment cancellation with no notice! Keep in mind - the doctor’s only good if you actually are able to get in to see her!!!---Yay for a free Tuesday! Enjoy your cooking class tonight.

Hellos to the rest of you!
==
Nothing much to report. Not a good eating day yesterday. I'll be lucky if I don’t have a gain when I weigh in on Thursday, but I will try to make good choices ‘til then.

I haven’t been working out in the mornings lately. Need to get back to that. This morning I did a micro workout – some squats, pushups, crunches/lower core and a brief plank.

I thought about buying a fitness passport (punchcard) for the month, but the lowest number offered is for 13 classes. The summer session ends on August 28th, and there’s no way I’d get in that many classes by then. I still have the 3-month pass to the YMCA that I won in a raffle – need to call about that. Schedule a tour, yada, yada, yada.

After work I need to get out in the veggie garden and tie up my tomato plants – they’re all over the place. Good thing I have a lot of old knee-high nylons saved just for that purpose.

Okay, time to stop the rambling and get this posted. Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies. I survived Monday...Monday's at work are crazy! It's because China and Singapore are working when it is still our weekend on Sunday night and we come into tons of email.

I'm working from home today. My BFF and I are going to see Goo Goo Dolls tonight. This is the last concert I have planned for the summer unless BFF wins more free tickets from the radio station. The Go Go's are coming in a few weeks and she is trying to win tickets for that. I hope she is successful.

I did ok yesterday with the "start the new weight loss plan". I had 2 mini snickers that I found in the fridge. I just couldn't tell myself no for some reason.

I hate when I don't do things perfect and always want to start over....I need to stop that. I need to learn to just go on and do better.

Annie: Cute stories about both Jacob and Royce. I can understand you being worried about your surgery; that is normal. But don't worry, you have a lot of good thoughts and prayers from us here and I'm sure others.

I would love to call you and pray with you the night of your surgery. If you would like that, please let me know. Don't feel you have to say yes, I'm praying for you either way!

Ceejay: The countdown has begun for you! Are you getting really excited? Did you get your letter to the landlord?

Happy: Wow a $500 check! That is exciting for the shelter. It is very hard to ask for donations. It's a labor of love that you are doing.

Did you find your book journal to write down the exercise and food daily? How is the knee doing now that you have the Motrin to take?

Laura: to you and your boyfriend...all those "first" things to do without your beloved Coal. I know it's hard...hang in there. You were a very good mommy and daddy to him and he loved you so much for all of it, even in the end. Hopefully it won't be long that you can talk about him, and smile and not cry. It does take time.

How exciting for you that you have a YMCA pass...3 months of free exercise. I would say to start using it once it gets cooler outside and you aren't out doing so many things in the yard but don't wait until it gets too cold or your won't want to go back out in the cold to go.

Our Org Structure is set up by Business Units all under the P&G Umbrella. All Business Units are global. Within Business units things are broken down by sectors or products.

So, I am in Beauty Care as my Business unit, I am under the Personal Care umbrella which is our body washes/bar soap and deodorant/antiperspirants brands. At this level things are still Global. and for each business unit, there is a VP, A Director, Associate Directors and then Section Heads.

The VP has an Admin, the Director reports to the VP and they have an Admin (this is me for my Org).

The AD's report to the Director, they usually have their own Admin or an Admin might support two AD's (with us I was supporting an AD and a Director--that is unusual)

The AD has SH's under them. They will usually have the same Admin as the AD they are under has. SH's get the least support of any management. The people under the SH's don't usually require daily support.

Did I bore you to death with all of that?!

Hi Dee & Shad and Michelle if you are out there.

I need to get back to work. I'll see you tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #10  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone, just a quick hello because we're about to eat a late supper we just came home from election voting on 4 local milages.

Happy, I just finished reading today's email & saw this one about a meteor shower next week. http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...7981--,00.html
I don't know if Eric/your Dh is photographing them or not. I have no idea about them in WI or the distance from your home to the Upper or Lower Peninsula of Michigan or if Minnesota will have it soon also, whichever is closest to you, but I thought about Dh beautiful photography

I'll be back to chat with you'all tomorrow
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

Hello Ladies....

Met up with my SIL and Bro at the movies after work to see Bad Moms, it had funny parts, but the F bomb was dropped A LOT. I suppose if I were younger and/or high I would of laughed more. All and all it was a good movie. I may rent it later for Sam and C to watch. I did laugh out loud on a couple of parts. I guess that some of the F bomb things might even be what we are thinking but don't say at times. Came home, brushed teeth and went to bed. Couldn't get to sleep so I went to the couch. C is even sicker today, says his ear is hurting. Told him to go to the clinic to be checked out. Don't need all that going on at this time. Me, I am still staying away from the sickos and trying to stay healthy. Yeeee. Oh movie popcorn, thee best, was my dinner last night, I smuggled in a bottle of water.

DEE...how did your voting turn out?

SUSIE...how was the concert? I don't do concerts hardly ever, don't like crowds nor parking issues. Hope you enjoyed it. Glad you are back on the weight loss wagon. Good for you.

HAPPY...wow, sorry the "begging" didn't go well. I mean really, how can you not support the lil animals? Nice of the couple who wrote you a large check. THe doc...oh but don't show up to your appointment and see if they don't charge you anyway or quit seeing you as a patient. Bah Double standards. I think they know we are at their mercy. What is bothering me about the surgery is not the surgery itself, it is the healing process. I pray the healing goes quickly. I have heard so many horror stories about the fusing not taking or taking way longer than predicted to fuse. One week from tomorrow is the day. The dreaded report will be on hiatus while I am out, go figure. The BDOs (sales people) will have to do some kind of update each week to their people in the mean time. Hmmmm, makes me think the report is not necessary.

LAURA...Do you have many tomatos on your vines. I have very few and they are small, two rip just slightly bigger than golf balls. Probably due to my lack of participation in the garden. I just don't have the hmpf to do it. For some reason the knee hi nylons comment made me laugh. I think I would wait on the YMCA pass too, probably wait till the end of time. haha.

Hello to all, gotta go, it is Wednesday!

Hugs
Old 08-03-2016, 11:32 AM   #12  

Morning all.

Susie – Ugh, getting all that email from Asia coming off the weekend must really give you a bad case of Monday Dread. ---Nice you worked from home yesterday. How was the concert? --- In this weight loss game, it’s “Progress, not perfection”. Keep on, keeping on and don’t give up! === Re the YMCA pass, I would like to wait if I could, but the pass expires August 31st, and I’m assuming that means I need to start my 3 months on or before then. I have the pass with me today and I'll phone them and see what’s what. ===No, you didn’t bore me with the structure of your org! In another lifetime, I was an auditor and one thing I enjoyed about the job was learning about the different parts of a company. So you’re working with people right at the top of the business unit structure. How many people in that entire business unit? The company I work for has just over 2,000 worldwide, so it’s not large at all by comparison.

Dee – What was the voting about – anything controversial?

Annie – Yes, I have a lot of tomatoes out there. I haven’t actually checked on them for quite a while. I never did get out there yesterday to tie them up, and haven’t harvested anything in a while. As expected, my Sweet 100 cherry tomatoes are producing just fine. The grape tomatoes are doing well also, but they aren’t very flavorful. My large tomatoes (Big Boy? Better Boy? Can’t recall the name), last I checked, had a lot of tomatoes on the vine, but were a ways away from ripening. Tonight I MUST get out there to tie them up and water them – we haven’t had rain for a while now. === Bad Moms sounds like something I’ll wait for when it comes out on dvd… == Sorry C is feeling so badly. Yes, he should go to a clinic, sounds like his ear is hurting due to sinus pressure? === We’ll all be praying and/or sending you healing vibes next week!! Try not to worry about it. ---Too funny the Wednesday report will be on hiatus when you’re gone. Some people will be happy not to get it, others will not!

Hellos to the rest of you!

==

When I got home from work last night I pulled the YMCA pass, and also the certificate I won in the raffle for a dozen bundtinis (from Nothing Bundt Cakes) and saw it expired on 7/31. Sigh. I won that cert in June and I only get < 2 months to redeem it?? I’ll have to talk to someone at the store. I wanted to get them this Saturday. Bf’s birthday is Sunday and I think we’re going to have a few friends over on Saturday to hang out and I thought that would be a nice occasion to use it.

Got on the scale this morning and I’m up a pound from last week, so I don’t have much hope for a loss tomorrow. But I will try to make good choices today anyway. I’m still slacking on exercise. I slept pretty well last night and preferred to hit the snooze alarm instead of getting up to exercise. And I also ended up getting a ride to the train station…

Okay, that’s it for me. TTFN.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #13  
Choose your hard

Good morning fine ladies,

Went to a cooking class last night - details are on Facebook. It was a lot of fun. The chef had a running monologue and was quite entertaining. DH came too and had a great time he said - in fact he wants to sign up for ALL the classes - even the one on venison (no I ain't eating Bambi) and game meat :P He was adventurous - tried the flash fried cabbage and said he'd eat cabbage like that all the time and even tried some salmon. He did pass on the chantrelle mushrooms - good, more for me It was a fun night out.

I am looking forward to being home the rest of the week. My peaches are getting soft - I MUST do them today for sure and I will. Found my canning recipe from last year that I like better.

They squeezed me into the doctor at 3:45 today so we'll see what she says. I feel badly in a way - she and the other lady doctor are soooo busy - they never get time to take off and it's a big low income clinic so I am sure it's hard to attract other doctors which makes it even worse. So I will try to be understanding...

Annie - make sure you do EXACTLY what you are told for therapy and healing and before he makes a cut I hope you have done some research about the doctor him/herself so they are fairly good at what they do. I think alot of people mess up their recovery by being impatient. You will do well - lots of healing prayers sent your way but I do understand that little bit of worry that we just can't help but feel. Find yourself some things to do while you are immobile - read new recipe magazines, get some DVDs from the library. Take up a craft - make us hand printed holiday cards Got to keep yourself from getting restless. Maybe they will decide they don't need that goll danged stupid report after all. One can dream... Keep all those sickos away from you - don't want to have to put off your surgery because you are ill yourself. I guess when you have little kiddies around, there's more schmutz and sniffles.

Dee - thank you for commenting. I have been watching the skies every night for the upcoming Persieds shower. Have seen a few falling stars but much depends on the weather conditions. We often have clouds for many of the celestial events.

Susie girl - don't be letting that negative thinking botch up your plan! Ok so you ate 2 Snickers - that was your treat for the entire day, perhaps walk 15 more minutes today or just be done with it and move on. I think sometimes when we are not perfect we are secretly looking for a reason to go off track - I catch myself doing that. Wow - that's quite a management structure you have - lots of "chiefs" not alot of worker bees As long as you can manage the load it's just that sometimes you have to do a little pushing back too.

Laura - is the YMCA the one that is by the train stop before your town? I went there once to check it out many years ago. It was a nice place, they just didn't offer many classes at all to accomodate us working folks. You should be getting tomatoes up the whazootie with all that hot weather you've been having...

Ugh - they are working outside putting up the structure for the deck. They are drilling and it's the same sort of noise as a low speed dentist drill. It is giving me a major headache and the heebie jeebies from the sound. I need to find my noise cancelling headphones and plug them into my iPOD and crank it up. Don't think it will overcome the noise though.

Hello to the rest of the chicks, I need to get busy before it's time to get ready for the doctor and I find that I have again, wasted away the day.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning...

I am so mentally exhausted. I am letting too many things stress me out. Even the little things are getting to me. I worry too much. No wonder I have a heart issue.

HAPPY..yes I checked my doctor out. I cannot find any negative things about him anywhere. There are several good comments about him. Hopefully all is good. Take up a craft...haha, I do have an afghan I am crocheting that I can work on. Have not touched it in months. Just too much going on and frankly I would rather go to bed than stay up and crochet. Something's gotta give, I am just tired all the time and don't want to do anything. And the evenings after work, ha if I get out and do anything. Going to the movies after work the other night was a struggle. Just beat all the time, exhausted. I have been sleeping on the couch away from C and any kids that might end up in my bed. The cooking class sounds wonderful. I am glad DH liked it as much as you. What a wonderful thing to do together. Nice of him to join you, he does that a lot, makes my heart happy for you. You two are good together.

LAURA...sheesh, men, C did NOT go to the clinic. He said he didn't have time yesterday. Whatev. It is really hard to baby/take care of someone when they don't help themselves. I did get him some Mucinex yesterday to start taking. Hopefully that will help. Boo Hiss on the lb up. bleh. You can work that back off in no time. Why do places put expiration dates on gifts anyway. It is almost like they hope you don't use it so they can make more money off of the gift. Once when they sell it and once when it is not used. It is a racket, me thinks.

SUSIE... I will pm you my cell number, not sure if you have it. WOuld love for you to call and pray with me next Wednesday evening. Love ya sister.

Hello to everyone. Make it a great day all.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #15  
Choose your hard

Ahhh sweet Annie - wish I was closer - I would come over and give you a hug and hold your hand and try to make things better. Sounds like you have a big case of the blues. Me thinks you do tend to take on the worries of the world. I still say you need something to cheer you up - 8 weeks without having to do the Wednesday report is just not cutting it for you? I do understand your frustration with C at times, he seems to be particularly stubborn when it comes to the medical things - how many times did he get sick and suffer with the stomach before he changed the eating habits? Men ... sometimes I think that's why God invented socker boppers - I have a pair here that I can lend you . I just DONT GET their thinking. DH is walking around fussing every 10 minutes. He got a cold and I'm sure he thinks he has not let me know enough the last 250 times he announced he was not feeling well yesterday. You would think he was covered in festering sores and had all his limbs wrenched from the sockets. I told him to gargle with salt water, go to bed early and I even went downstairs and dug out the bottle of Nyquil from the closet so he didn't have to go rummaging for it. He is at the doctor's right now for a routine checkup. He said he hopes they give him something. They will probably tell him to gargle with salt water, get extra rest and take some over the counter cold medicine See - I'm so smart. I have been Nurse Happy for 44 years now.

Anyway my friend, rest assured that I too will be saying some prayers for your surgery and recovery next week. It's probably a good thing that Sissy is able to take over the cooking and house chores while you are down for the count. Just have to make sure the wee ones don't kick into your sore ankle. Are you going to be in a boot? That's a pain too. Make sure your computer is accessible so we can chat and keep tabs on you.

Was talking to my Mom last night. She said she is also tired and has no energy. Her a-fib is coming back again. She got a heart shock 2 years ago to get it back in rhythm but the doc said it can get out of sync again. Her knees are as bad as mine so that keeps her down too. I think though for the most part she is understimulated. Being house bound is no fun. Bad enough in the winter but the excessive heat and humidity are hard on her too.

Got a wake up phone call at 5am - perhaps it was 4 DH thinks. It was the emergency broadcast - severe thunderstorms in the area. There was a big blob of red headed for us in about an hour. Please no large winds and hail - all the vehicles and the boat were outside in the yard. Fortunately we got rain but that was it.

Yesterday I canned 48 peaches. DH helped - I had to get ready for the doctor so I had blanched them, peeled, pitted and cut them up. DH had to put them in the jars, add the lite syrup and cook them in the canner. I think he did ok, all the seals seemed tight which was a relief. I have a dozen quarts of peaches and about as many pints. Peaches out of the whazootie. I still have another dozen to process today and I put about 14 that were the firmest in the refrigerator so we can enjoy them fresh. They are so peachy delicious but I am over canning. Don't know how people spend weeks canning stuff. I guess it's like gardening - you have to enjoy that kind of thing. It bores me after a short while and it's also hard to stand for extended periods.

Saw my regular doctor yesterday. My B12 is up to normal so shots every 6 weeks instead of every 2. Vitamin D is rising - still on every other week mega doses but it's improving. About my foot - she said losing weight is a priority but when you are compromised with moving, it makes it even more difficult and she would not want to see me gain weight from inactivity. She has another doctor in mind up in Duluth at a different hospital. I am waiting for an appointment. They might be able to do some less intense surgery than a total knee replacement - we'll see. Even with artificial joints - they last about 20 years. She said at 82 I might be looking at another surgery. I don't even want to think about that. DH said he things I will follow in my Mom's path - fiesty as all get out and still kicking at 90. I'm not sure I like that idea.

DH announced when he gets back we should go get our new glasses and he should be home in about 15 or 20 minutes. I am in street clothes but not fit to be seen outside so I'd better go get cleaned up as he will no doubt walk in the door and say - you ready to go???? DH needs to be more laid back

Will catch up with the rest of you lot later.