Managing a High Stress Job

• Just curious how you all manage high stress jobs and staying on track with healthy eating, exercise, and overall self care.

I'm having one of THOSE days today
  • Quote: Just curious how you all manage high stress jobs and staying on track with healthy eating, exercise, and overall self care.

I'm having one of THOSE days today
    Oh can I ever relate!

At work I make sure I take a healthful breakfast and lunch (I work a very early shift so eat both at work.) I also take snacks of fresh fruit and veggies and keep a jar of nuts in my desk so there is always something healthful (of course I have to be careful with the nuts).

I shop at our local organic grocery store (PCC) and buy a lot of my food off of their hot deli, soup and salad bar. I am single so I can get by with that; would be harder if you have to cook for a family.

I find that I pretty much have to exercise immediately after I get off work and before I go home and get all crashed out, or I won't do it.

The only way I can do it is to just make the decision that I am GOING to do it whether or not I feel "motivated" (a feeling, and our feelings are very fickle).

What type of plan are you on... eating and exercise?

I wish you every success

• Quote: Oh can I ever relate!

At work I make sure I take a healthful breakfast and lunch (I work a very early shift so eat both at work.) I also take snacks of fresh fruit and veggies and keep a jar of nuts in my desk so there is always something healthful (of course I have to be careful with the nuts).

I shop at our local organic grocery store (PCC) and buy a lot of my food off of their hot deli, soup and salad bar. I am single so I can get by with that; would be harder if you have to cook for a family.

I find that I pretty much have to exercise immediately after I get off work and before I go home and get all crashed out, or I won't do it.

The only way I can do it is to just make the decision that I am GOING to do it whether or not I feel "motivated" (a feeling, and our feelings are very fickle).

What type of plan are you on... eating and exercise?

I wish you every success

Hi There, thank you for your reply. You see, I have a job with varying hours. M & W I work 12 hour shifts - 9am to 9pm, but I have an hour and a half commute give or take, so I cannot go to the gym before work, and when I get home at 10:30pm the gym is closed. Then on Tu & Th I work 8am to 3pm, which I could go to the gym after work, but to be honest I haven't made it a priority. I really do need to though.

I'm actually still losing weight not going to the gym. I'm diabetic, so I follow a lower carb lifestyle (around 80 ish carbs per day). I am also mindful of my caloric intake, and assume I eat around 1500 calories a day, but I do not calorie count.

I honestly do miss working out. But often I'm just so dang tired