Old 04-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Anyone else interested in counting down until summer?

I have a whole lot of really cute summer clothes that are just about a size too small. It's going to get really hot, really soon and I DO NOT want to be sweating it out in jeans, thank you very much, when I have cute skirts and dresses just hanging in the closet.

Anyone else interested in a summer count down/weigh in/keeping track kind of thing?

The weather is BEAUTIFUL here today and I have nothing to wear to sit outside and really ENJOY it. So, I've counted my calories, lowered my carbs, and done a two mile walk (thank you, Leslie Sansone, my old stand by!). I'm even drinking water.

Anyone else down for a little bodily spring cleaning and spruce up?
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:22 PM   #2  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Sounds good, I'm in.

Although here we had a freak snow storm this week and there is still snow on the ground!!

There are 76 days (or 2 months, 15 days) til the official first day of summer.
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

No snow here! I don't think I've seen snow on the ground here in seven or eight years. I miss it sometimes, but then I remember how much I like being able to swim in April and I get over it

It's festival season, so I should be getting plenty of walking in...just have to make sure I'm walking to music venues and not food tents!
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #4  
go ticker go!

I'm just going to set a goal by summer and check in daily or so.

I think I'd like to be down 10 pounds by the start of summer, nice realistic goal right?

Starting at 246.0.

You can set any goal you like (calories, water, exercise, weight) and we'll see where we are come June 20!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm with you. I tried on my one pair of 'good' summer pants Tuesday and had to undo the couple inches I had taken them in. Never a good feeling.

I was active here at Chicks for a few years, lost a good deal of weight and was really into exercise, but then I stalled, started to burn out. I tried to tweak a few things but nothing seemed to work, then I woke up one day and just quit everything. I've tried a few times to get back on the wagon, and I'll stick with it for a few weeks, then quit again. I'm trying to be more active overall, get back into exercise, make healthier choices and cut back on portion sizes. I'm also trying to de-clutter the house. Most of my fun activities are winding down for the summer so I'm trying to start some projects to keep myself active and busy. Its already up in the 70's here, so I need to get into the backyard and clean things up.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:34 PM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I started to get a migraine Friday night, it was still going strong for most of the day but I'm feeling better now, but being very careful. I did a lot of knitting while watching TV or napping. hubby was nice making breakfast for dinner for us. Not much to report here. How are the rest of you?
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #7  
go ticker go!

I'm doing well, the scale is moving down slowly but surely.

Very busy weekend here....I'll check in again tomorrow!