Old 04-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #91  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

A very happy birthday to you Shaddie. I know it's a Monday or is it Tuesday by you - but at least you are home and can enjoy a reasonable little celebration. Happy birthday - many more - enjoy your day.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #92  
Choose your hard

Hello ladies,

Very sorry I have not posted. I was planning on getting SO MUCH stuff done when DH was away. But like most things, nothing went as planned. It really messed up my day going into the thrift shop on Friday but then again I skipped out on Tuesday when DH and I went to Duluth to get the car fixed so I guess I owed them a shift anyway. I was watching the news Saturday night and they were talking icy rain and heavy winds off the lake where DH was. Talked about making for hazardous travel so I sent him a note and he came home early yesterday to miss it. So that also put a kink in my plans. He thought he'd get home about 8pm but called me at 5:30 and said he was an hour away and could I put a pot of spaghetti on as he was hungry and had a taste for it. I had just finished cleaning the oven, had a load that needed to be taken out of the dryer and folded and another one in the washer than needed to get dried. I was also just about to make my own dinner and start on cleaning out the refrigerator. So... that didn't get done and dinner was later than usual because the frozen Italian sausage I had that I thought was cooked was not so I had to defrost that and then cook it up. And it turned out to be rather bland anyway. I made a first pass through my closet and pulled out clothes that were both heavy winter to be boxed up and stuff I haven't worn in a long time. I piled that on the bed but did not get a chance to finish up last night so that got transferred to the floor to be dealt with today. The guy came out to reinstall the door frame on the new entry door - took from February till now to get a frame that wasn't crooked I had to leave for yoga before he finished so I did not inspect it. Saturday I was looking at the door in the sunlight and noticed a gap at the bottom where the sidelight opens towards the frame. There is a gap on both sidelights - more pronounced on the left side - you could pass and envelope easily through it. And of course it is leaking fresh, cold air. Even I can see where the bottom of the sidelight is not flush against the door frame ... what an annoyance. I suspect not being level is also why the main door itself kind of sticks a bit when you open and close it. DH is quite upset. I went and got my hair done on Friday. I just wanted the color refreshed and since it had only been 4 weeks since my last appointment, I only needed the barest of trims on my hair. I should have known better - my stylist was upset with some things going on in her personal life. When she is like this she gets distracted and the scissors go flying. My hair is alot shorter than I would like it to be. The good news would be is that I don't need to round brush blow it out - because I don't have enough length to do it. So I can pretty much just comb it and let it dry. But it's too flat for me - I need more volume. So it's easy to care for but while I like the color, I don't like the style / length. My knee is killing me really badly. It is concentrated in one spot to the right of my knee where the arthritis is. I don't even want to climb stairs. I may have to ask for a wheelchair to meet me at the airport gate as I will have a long, long walk from my gate to baggage claim and I'm not sure I'm going to make it. I need to get my knee x-rayed today or tomorrow but I will not be able to get in to see the doctor before I leave on Saturday. It's also affecting my feet or perhaps my feet are affecting my knee - can't tell as they are all related to one another. This week will be a busy one - I have half the to-do list I was going to take care of this weekend. We are signing papers for our loan so we will have the money to pay everyone and they should start work on the base of the 3 season enclosure next week. Hopefully by the end of May the siding and new deck will be done, the hot tub and 3 season room will be completed and we can enjoy a good warm soak which I am looking very much forward to.

Going to post this and then do personals.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #93  

Hi Shad - Oh, dang I think it's now Tuesday morning by you, and so I missed your birthday, but here's a belated Happy Birthday wish to you. Hope you had a lovely day and have a fantastic year.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-25-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #94  
Choose your hard

SERIOUSLY getting tired of the errors trying to post here. Almost lost my post.

Annie - sorry to hear about your ankle needing surgery. We have a friend who desperately needs the very same thing and is avoiding it because he does not want to be immobilized for several weeks. But... when that is your only option left, what else can you do when avoiding it just makes things worse. I'm glad Jacob stayed healthy enough to get through his game. Sounds like he has the "oh look a shiny butterfly" syndrome that many of us deal with. What a mess for everyone to be sick. Hopefully no one gets reinfected. I hear you on the less than enthusiastic gardening with ongoing pain. I feel the same way because I am compromised with not being able to kneel in the garden beds. And... not liking old age because it seems like there is going to be some ongoing pain that will never go away - get used to it. How nice that you are able to start gardening already. It's still too dicey up here to start - I'm not even sure the nurseries are open for business yet. The deer have been nibbling on the new shoots of the perennials we planted in DH's flower box in the yard. I think they come when we aren't looking so I can't chase them off. Most of them have moved on since we aren't feeding due to the bear lurking about. I need to pull the straw off my strawberry plants - I saw a few leaves poking through and my chives have pushed themselves up too. Maybe if it's going to dry up a bit (lots of rain since Saturday night) I could drop some arugula seeds in the bed as now would be the perfect time for those to start growing. Are you just doing flowers right now? The first butterflies are showing up here - I always feel badly for them as I don't know what there is for them to eat yet. I'm glad M is able to enjoy his trip to Florida. Hopefully with the warmer weather moving in, you won't suffer too much with your ankle - I can understand why you'd want to put the surgery off for a while.

Ceejay - what a nice picture you posted of the birthday uncle. Nice that you had a good time. Once you move and retire, would you make an occasional trip back to see the family? I smiled at your FB post today about drinking a green smoothie Not like a "shamrock shake" , eh?

I did not realize that Prince was a "hometown" boy from Minneapolis. Everyone is talking about his death. There are alot of people here who are transplants from Minneapolis and they went to his club and a couple of people said that they had met him. He was very shy and a really nice person from all accounts. I had heard about the drugs too but from what I am seeing it was not your typical rock star get high / recreational drug thing. Rather he had hip surgery in 2010 that did not take and I guess he had extensive hip and ankle pain. Considering how I am feeling now, I could understand the dependency on painkillers when intense pain compromises your life. After a while you are just as Annie would say - "over it already". The medical clinic that DH goes to has a new initiative to use pain meds as a last resort and are making it very difficult to get them anymore. Makes me angry because like so many things (allergy meds come to mind) the weak abusers ruin it for those of us who actually need the stuff in our lives. And I don't care what they say, they still don't really know how to deal with chronic pain. I am faithfully doing my therapy exercises but they aren't doing a darn thing for the pain. Not that I'm into prescription meds anyway but I would welcome some non medication relief. Ok, off the soap box.

Laura - I saw the promos for that show Strong too. Looked like a bunch of people trying to do things harder than they could. Now if it mimics TBL for sure I won't watch it. Bummer on the accident with the makeup. Hope the spots come out. As for Sears, every few months it's the death knell for them but they seem to keep surviving. We have a small appliance store here in town - from what I understand this is a franchise situation and the last few experiences customers have had have been awful. My cousin ordered a stove and they refused to tell her when the expected it or when it would be in. Said they'd call when ready. No wonder they are so bad. It's a shame because Home Depot and Lowes are not the best places when it comes to getting appliances serviced - they like to sell the stuff but not fix it - so there isn't much to pick from any more. One day we will have to replace our stove and I'm not excited about that. That's unfortunate about the swimsuits. Why is it always the favorites that have the chlorine or dry rot? I have a Land's End suit that is a bear to get into and that's the only one that never seems to have any damage to it. It's a really heavy fabric that holds you in but it's almost impossible to get out when it's wet. It's really hard to get the suit rinsed properly and get the chemicals out of it when you have to hand wash it. I hope you can find something that works for you that doesn't cost an arm and a leg - right now it's early in the season and hard to find decently priced suits. It looks like it's going to be a rainy week next week. I am afraid I will have to ask if we can postpone getting together until the next time. I was talking to my sister and didn't realize she set up 2 nights to get together with cousins who wanted to get together. Besides Mother's Day, Mom stuff and a birthday celebration and some other plans, I only have one open night. One of my friend's said she was planning on driving to Chicago in June for a week, maybe two. I am hoping she is still planning on that trip. I almost need to be there for two weeks. Sorry

Shad - well you sure had a not very good week. Hope your birthday today makes up for it. Have you recovered from the after effects of that medication. That's always scary - today's new meds have so many side effects, they are worse than the issue you're being treated for. My Mom's doctor said they are going more the route of old, established medications. Glad to lend you DH - he is always happy to help if he can. Sorry that it didn't remedy the problem though. Regarding the fruits and vegetables that Laura talks about - yes, we have a year round selection but I am starting to notice and avoid - things that are out of season. They might look appealing but the flavor and texture is not there. Plus when they pick it from around the world, it's no where near developed enough to have a decent flavor since it's picked way too early. I have learned to avoid the temptation of out of season melons and such. My trick with strawberries is to sniff the carton. If they don't smell like strawberries, you can bet they won't taste like them either. Never fails me. And grapes and blueberries are hard ones to judge - they can look great and be sweet as can be one week and sour enough to pucker up the next. I would think in the semi tropics you'd have more of a selection year round tho - seems like NZ with it's colder climate would have less to choose from.

Susie - good job DH on the weight loss so far! I agree with you, a little cheat, not logging and then next thing you know we are wrestling a pound to the ground and it's the day before weigh in and we are feeling upset with ourselves. Just have to get back on track again, right?

Michelle - so you've decided to do the Disney run? Good luck - do what you can even if you walk and ride the bus back. But don't hurt yourself.

Ok kids, been hungry for the last 90 minutes and I need to shut the computer down and get some things done that I can take care of and finish off tomorrow before I head to the shop. Have a good week everyone.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #95  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Pics

FOR LAURA...Ninja Warriors are producing a show right downtown Indianapolis...The circle is closed off for production. Not sure who the contestants are.

Here is also a picture of Jacob batting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninja.jpg (46.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Warr.jpg (44.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Jacob batting 4.24.jpg (83.5 KB, 6 views)
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:18 PM   #96  

Afternoon all.

Annie – Gosh, I hope S & family are done with the flu now, and other illnesses as well. Awww, too cute picturing little J. out there being a typical 4-year old. I bet he wasn’t the only one distracted by everything. Good for you getting your garden in nice and early. Sorry you can’t enjoy gardening as much as you once did because of the ankle issue. What kinds of flowers did you plant? I have a blank spot right off the patio where I dug out all those overgrown hydrangea and need to get it planted before weeds take it over completely. Bf and I also thought a small fountain would be nice. Have to research that – don’t know anything about those. Yum, tacos. I was going through the coupon insert in the Sunday paper and saw they have some flat taco shells with a raised edge. Might try those sometime for something different. I’m glad M. and P. are enjoying Florida. I can understand why you might want to postpone your ankle surgery depending on how your brother’s doing. I think if these highly publicized deaths are related to drug issues associated with pain management, maybe it’ll lead to changes. How he died doesn’t change what an amazing person he was in the music world. Doggy is doing fine. He had a blood test to ensure the drugs he takes don’t build up a toxicity in his system and there was no problem. We added a drug that may help manage his arthritis pain without toxicity concerns. The vet had us continue his other drugs (a pain med and an anti-inflammatory) while adding this one, so I don’t know how we know if the new one is effective. Oh, Ninja Warriors coming to Indy?! Now that might be something to travel for…

Happy – Good of you to take that shift at the shop. Sorry the past several days weren’t as productive as you’d hoped. How very frustrating that the re-installed door also has gaps!! I’m sorry you’re still in such pain with your knee – and now your foot?? It sounds like things are moving along with the deck/hot tub/enclosed porch project. It’ll be nice to soak away your aches. Yeh, the makeup came out just fine – the fleece went in the wash this weekend. As for Sears, it’ll be a sad thing for all the people who would lose their jobs, but it just seems like it’s inevitable. I sure don’t envy the lack of availability of goods and services where you live with things like appliance purchases and service….but it’s a tradeoff. I know we’ll get together at some point, so don’t fret that it’s not during your coming visit. It sounds like it’ll be another whirlwind trip. Are you flying in to O’Hare or Midway this time? Will you split time between your mom’s place and your sister’s?

Ceejay – Oh, yeh, you’ll have to find all new doctors when you move. Hopefully your sister can refer you to some that you like. Nice you celebrated your uncle’s birthday with him. That’s quite a milestone. You seem to have longevity on that side of the family!

Susie – Wow, a full work day and then coming home to clean closets! But it’s probably nice to get it done and not have it all waiting for you when the weekend comes. I was thinking that I might tackle some of the housework on weeknights after work, breaking it into manageable chunks each night. Were you able to get back on track with logging and exercise this weekend? Congrats to your dh doing such a great job with weight loss. Hope you enjoyed the bridal shower and birthday dinner.

Hello to Michelle. I checked online re your half marathon – next week! I hope you’ve been taking it easy so you can participate without experiencing pain. Nice pic of you on FB for that fundraising event. How did that go?

--
My weekend was nice. BF and I had been jonesing for some Greek food, so we had dinner on Friday night at a local Greek restaurant that’s been around for many years. We really enjoyed it and I imagine we’ll be getting there again soon.

Saturday I had a brow appointment. Even though she used different wax this time, I had a breakout afterwards. Not sure what to do. And bf told me he thought my brows were too thin now. Sigh. The rest of Saturday was some errands and the usual dog walk. I also finally copied a bunch of Body Electric shows to dvds and freed up space on the DVR’s hard drive. That night we met friends at a restaurant for my friend D’s birthday. No drinks anywhere afterwards, so bf and I went home and watched the rest of the hockey game.

Sunday I finished watching the last two episodes of Fargo season 1. I now have season 2 on hold at the library. I sprinkled Preen on some of the garden beds in front and back. It’s time to buy another refill bag! BF finally mowed the lawn, OMG it was long! I cycled to the library to pick up the movie “Concussion” and we watched it last night. It was a good movie.

Didn’t exercise this morning. Tonight’s the hockey game – game 7 of the first round – and we’ll probably watch some of that. Might do some housework. Sure didn’t do much over the weekend.

Looking forward to a quick getaway this Saturday. I’m thinking I might take Friday off work, and Friday night stay over by D’s so we can head out first thing Saturday.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-26-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:17 PM   #97  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Short note since I am short on time again. Heck this not working for a living means working a lot harder.

Thanks for the birthday wishes - had a good day. Quiet because the kids went off to the block of land for the weekend and didn't come back until yesterday afternoon. So no dog. Little brother turned up with a fruit and custard tart for a birthday cake, gave me a card and left again after a cuppa. Big brother rung later and we had a chat about him being stupid about not wearing a hat in the sun when he has just had 10 skin cancers cut out of his face. Then the DS1 called on Skype and I had a chat with little miss S who was tired since she had had a big day at the beach. Then the DS2 took me up the mountain for dinner at the St Bernard Hotel (complete with a big klutzy St Bernard named Molly). In between all these things I spent some quality time in my new garden. Pictures will follow later.

I finally got my e-mail back after several 'chats' with the ISP. During this time, I had to repeat several times that I have 2 email addresses but only one of them brings in the mail from the ISP to Outlook. The original problem was caused by me, but the escalating problems were because they didn't listen! My sincere thanks to Donna's DH for the help and support. It was actually something he said that finally surfaced in my head long enough for me to point out the 2nd problem to the 'tech heads'.

As for the health, all seems to be back to normal now - well at least as normal as I normally am. No more. I'll bring the pressure down with diet and exercise, not freakin' tablets thanks all the same.

Sorry, better go. Someone has ordered something and the postie is bringing a parcel up the path. And no doubt while I am out there the phone will ring. I have a lot of housework to do anyway and I need to do some shopping, so I better get on with it.

Back later.

Last edited by Shad; 04-25-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #98  

Morning all. The temps dropped and it was a chilly & misty walk to the train this morning. Yes, I walked.

Shad – Sounds like you had a nice birthday. Of course I had to look up the St. Bernard hotel online so I could see Molly. Yes, keep “chatting” with your big brother about wearing the hat! Bf bought a hat with a long visor and the neck flappy thing last summer for lawn mowing. The boss, as expected and as usual, returned from vacation with a sunburnt face. He needs to be more diligent with the sunscreen… I bet little miss S is getting big. Yay for getting the email back. At long last. Glad you’re feeling back to normal, and I can’t blame you one bit for staying off those bp pills after that ordeal.

Ceejay – Enjoy your longer weekend. I hope your dr appointment goes well. I don’t know what the plant will do without you once you’re gone. Have they begun planning for that??

Hellos to the rest of you.
==
It was very warm yesterday and storms were forecast. Of course when I got off the train after work, the sky opened up. I didn’t ride my bike home, and it poured, thundered, and even hailed during my walk home. And then the sun tried to break through even though the rain didn't stop. I didn’t bother to phone bf to get a ride home, just decided to walk. I had my umbrella, but fat lot of good that did - I was soaked from the legs down.

So by the time I walked home and changed out of my wet clothes, I lost my mojo for doing any housework. Watched some telly instead, including some of the hockey game. Got to bed at a reasonable hour.

I worked out this morning. The BE show I was recording from the vhs tape to the dvr as I exercised to it cut out at about the 2nd routine. At first I thought the problem might be my old vhs tape, but nope. It was “technical difficulties” of the channel I’d recorded the show off of so many years ago. Too funny. The difficulties went on for a bit, and I can’t say I wasn’t glad to have a bit of a break to relax. And then I was thinking, “this is going on pretty long” (though it was probably less than a couple minutes total), “I bet when they come back, it’ll be a different episode than the one I started”. And yep, I was right. I finished up the rest of it, and I'll keep this recording and probably enjoy that short break again in future.

My bike was at the train station overnight, so I had to walk to the station this morning. I hope it’s not raining again tonight – I’d like to cycle home.

Oh, my fitbit is not syncing regularly and I’m getting annoyed with it.

Nothing planned for tonight, except I’ll get to the market for some stuff we need. Kohl’s is nearby, I might pop in there to see if they have swim shorts.

That’s it for me. I’ll get this posted, and then see if I can get my hair appointment changed to this Friday from Saturday, as I won’t be able to make it on Saturday.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-26-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #99  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I spent the morning chatting with my sister on FB and now I am scrambling to get something to eat, finish writing the cards I have to drop off on my way to the thrift shop and running behind as usual. I am my own worst enemy.

The guy came to pump out the septic tank today - talk about an awful job! He said everything is looking good so that's great. 2 years ago I used a wonderful toilet tissue - 3 ply - it was great on the bum but did not break down in the tank and we could have had problems if he had not caught it soon enough. No one ever wants septic problems! It's also nice to know that there is something at this house that is not requiring more money going out the door!

I will be by myself this afternoon at the shop. One lady was getting paid through a grant program but they found out she was making too much money to qualify so she's out. That will hurt us as she filled in alot of gaps. I don't like working alone especially as people are starting to come back into town with donations to drop off.

Laura - yuck that you got all wet yesterday. Sounds like you walked to a "best of" of Mother Nature's finest out there. Love thunderstorms, not sure I want to walk home in them. Hope you can get the hair appointment changed to when it works better for you. Are you still doing the fitness pass? To your question, I am flying into O'hare. I would have to go to Minneapolis to go to Midway which is either 6 hours of driving (3 hours each way) for DH or I have to fly from Duluth with a 2 hour layover and change planes. Not worth it for me. So I just fly direct to O'hare and pay the extra $150 to take a limo in. I am staying at my sister's in Orland the entire time. There is really nothing to do at Mom's and her spare bed is really old and makes me ache even more than I do. We will pick her up on Monday and we will spend the week all together at S's house so we get lots of time to visit together.

Shad - glad you got your email back. Glad DH could help a bit. Sounds like a quiet but busy birthday for you. Keep yelling at the brother - he probably won't listen. I imagine the sun exposure is a bit worse down your area what with the ozone hole and such. Scary bit with the b/p meds. I understand what you are saying but sometimes you do need the help of tablets. It just seems so hard to regulate. How old is S now - growing too fast I imagine.

Annie - my brain made a typo - saw you talking about Ninja Warriors and I read your comment about J "battling" instead of "batting" And yesterday I was thinking DH took my can opener and I could not make dinner and then I found it in the scissor drawer. I am losing it for sure.

Ok, sorry to have to run but if I don't I'll be rather late. Have a good day chicks.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Once I move to Missouri, my trips back to Arkansas will be limited. My uncles are getting older and I think they haven't been eating out as much lately. Think my uncle got this one up on the spur of a moment cause I wanted to come. My uncle that broke his hip hasn't mended well enough to get out of the house. Those who were there had a nice visit. I don't think I would like to work in public by myself.

Shad
Happy belated birthday.

Laura
I may be wet tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment in Jonesboro but if it's storming in the morning I will reschedule. I'm not brave driving in that kind of weather.

--

This is my last day of work this week. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning with the gynecologist to see what is going on. Hoping it is something simple.
They put the tank back on line last week when I was off but for some reason the plant has had a lot of air in the pipes. I noticed yesterday morning that the gauge I went by last week was hanging where the wells should come on but the other gauge showed things were full. I went out to the tank and bumped the level indicator and it flew up about half way up the tank. Whoa doggies. Called the boss and told him. They came to check and started doing some things. Found one of them on top of the tank. While they were doing all that I told them I would be in the chemical room. The plant was down so I was going to add more fluoride. The boss came out to where I was and told me things were air locked and told me the gauge was down to 22 feet. Yep, I thought to myself that they forgot to equalize the tanks when they put the other one back online. Took me three hours to fill that up. I still need them to come and bleed off the psi gauge on the wall. All in a days work.
We are supposed to be in for thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. I don't like driving in rain and I may spend the night in Jonesboro tomorrow night. I may contact my friend but I may not. She hasn't been very receptive since I've told her I was moving to Missouri. I will be more comfortable in a motel room.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-26-2016 at 04:51 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #101  

Happy
Once I move to Missouri, my trips back to Arkansas will be limited. My uncles are getting older and I think they haven't been eating out as much lately. Think my uncle got this one up on the spur of a moment cause I wanted to come. My uncle that broke his hip hasn't mended well enough to get out of the house. Those who were there had a nice visit. I don't think I would like to work in public by myself.

Shad
Happy belated birthday.

Laura
I may be wet tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment in Jonesboro but if it's storming in the morning I will reschedule. I'm not brave driving in that kind of weather.

------
Things at work have been different this week. Think the guys forgot to equalize the tanks when they put the other one on line. I noticed Sunday that the indicator was up higher than normal so Monday I double checked it and it went half way up the tank. oops. They got things lined out but it took me almost 3 hours to fill that tank. B had to come and bleed the air off the psi gauge this afternoon so I hope things are back to normal.
I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow for a scheduled doctor's appointment. This is my 4 day week end. I will probably go to my uncles Saturday night. He's begging me to come.
I'm going to post this and it may have some thing weird in the post with it. I'll try to delete.
Happy belated birthday. This week has gotten away from me.

Laura
Yes there will be a lot of new things to accomplish when I move to Missouri. I keep thinking of little things that will need to be done before the big move. Guess I need to make a list.

Happy
I may start going back to Paragould once a month. Don't think my uncles are eating as often as they used to. I was the only female there Saturday. But I didn't mind. I thought the picture of me with the green smoothie was a good one. I may use it as a future profile picture. I will miss my uncles and yes I will go back for a visit.

-------

This is my last day of work this week. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning with the gynecologist to see what is going on. Hoping it is something simple.
They put the tank back on line last week when I was off but for some reason the plant has had a lot of air in the pipes. I noticed yesterday morning that the gauge I went by last week was hanging where the wells should come on but the other gauge showed things were full. I went out to the tank and bumped the level indicator and it flew up about half way up the tank. Whoa doggies. Called the boss and told him. They came to check and started doing some things. Found one of them on top of the tank. While they were doing all that I told them I would be in the chemical room. The plant was down so I was going to add more fluoride. The boss came out to where I was and told me things were air locked and told me the gauge was down to 22 feet. Yep, I thought to myself that they forgot to equalize the tanks when they put the other one back online. Took me three hours to fill that up. I still need them to come and bleed off the psi gauge on the wall. All in a days work.
We are supposed to be in for thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. I don't like driving in rain and I may spend the night in Jonesboro tomorrow night. I may contact my friend but I may not. She hasn't been very receptive since I've told her I was moving to Missouri. I will be more comfortable in a motel room. Wow weird things happening on this page. Until you have walked in our shoes and have felt the pain we feel. I'm posting this because in my lifetime I have been mocked and laughed at for things beyond my control... I have two of these illnesses as do some of my friends.... Not one of my Facebook friends will copy and paste (but I am counting on a true family member or friend to do it). If you would be there for me no matter what then copy and paste this. I'm doing this to prove a friend wrong that someone is always listening. I care. Hard to explain to someone who has no clue. It's a daily struggle being in pain or feeling sick on the inside while you look fine on the outside. Please put this as your status for at least 1 hour if you or someone you know has an invisible illness (IBS, Crohn's, PTSD, Anxiety, Arthritis, Cancer, Heart Disease, Bipolar, Depression, Diabetes, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, MS, AS, ME, , Epilepsy, hereditary angioedema , AUTISM, M.D.,D.D.D., CFS, Histiocytosis, O.D.D, A.D.H.D, RSD, PBC,RLS ,COPD etc.) Never judge.

For those who don't know how to copy and paste on FB...hold your finger on this post until it you see copy, hit copy then go to status, hit status a new page comes up, hit into the white part and paste will show up and you've now copied and paste on FB...
Old 04-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #102  

so now I've posted twice. ugh.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 PM   #103  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday morning I got up, got on the bike and the treadmill (15 min each) went to work, was making some headway and at 4 p.m. I got a migraine. I left when I felt it start (I usually leave at 4:45 to go pick up DH) once it starts I have trouble seeing well enough to drive. I just went to DH's work and sat in the car in the parking lot.

I came home, took some meds and went to bed. Still had a bit of a headache today but it is starting to return to normal. I think a good nights sleep will help. Needless to say I didn't get up this morning and exercise and I think tomorrow I will wait until evening.

Shad: I am very sorry I missed your birthday. It sounds like you had a pretty good day all around.

I'm glad to hear that you are returning back to feeling normal after that incident with the blood pressure pills.

Happy: That dang door!!! How frustrating for sure! At least you have good news about the septic.

Ceejay: Good luck on tomorrow's Dr's appointment.

I liked the FB picture of you with the smoothie! I actually like smoothies. We have a new place across the street at work that sells them.

Laura: Did you get your bike home today after work? I'm not back on plan yet but I'm working my way there and come Sunday, I MUST be. I always give myself a week to slowly get back into a routine when I try to start of re-start something.

Did you find swim shorts at Kohls?

Annie: I was glad to hear that Jacob got to play his game. Hopefully they are all over the flu by now and everything has been cleaned and sprayed down with Lysol! I hope you don't get it!

I am like C and stayed home from church on Sunday morning. I have been going full tilt and I just wanted to stay home, get things done at my own pace, take a nap and just ease into the week, so I did. I missed going and worshiping with others but it was good for my soul to have some alone time.

Hello to Michelle! You looked so pretty in the picture you put of you on FB all dressed up.

It is raining here and it sounds nice on the window pane. I need to get my bills paid tonight so I must say good bye until tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #104  
Annie - Indiana

Default Happy birthday happy!!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY, HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #105  
Annie - Indiana

Ahhhh, Hump Day! and Happy's Birthday!!! Yeah! Celebrate!

Quiet evening at home. Stopped by M & Ps to get their mail (due to Ms meds that get delivered didn't want to put a stop on mail as the meds will go back to pharmacy) and tried to beat the storm home before the damaging hail hit. Made it just in time. We had a turbulent night for sure. I believe Samantha's family is all better now (fingers crossed). Thank God C and I did not, as yet, get that nasty stuff.

HAPPY...saw on FB where DH is taking you for dinner, sounds yum, not sure if you know where so I won't mention it. Glad the septic is good to go with no extra $$. It's the small stuff that makes us happy. That dang front door. What a PIA. Are you having the company do it over again? I know I would with that much cost of a door. Enjoy your special day sister, wish I could be there to celebrate with you!

LAURA...Swim shorts sound like something I might invest in, plus I have 10.00 Kohls cash to spend that I got after buying my bras. I hate buying bras. Altho I did find some really comfy, supporting underwires that I actually don't mind wearing. haha.

CEEG...wow good thing you noticed the gauges not working correctly. There are going to be some serious water probs there once you retire.

SUSIE...how is your headache today, hopefully gone for sure. Yes Samantha is a clean freak when it comes to being sick, even buying all new toothbrushes.

SHADDIE...ah back to normal from the meds mess. Just a couple of weeks till the new job starts. Be sure to take some "me" days before you blast off.

CHELLE...hope you are doing well. Hugs

Make it a great day/night all,

Hugs