Old 03-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #16  

Good morning to you all. It is going to be a beautiful day here just right to get out in that garage and get some stuff done. I am going to move the MKS out so I have more room and start bagging and carrying to the corner of the garage as tomorrow is trash day. We have this old car that we have been trying to get rid of that sits in the garage and the reason Jack has to park the Mariner on the street. Jack fond someone to take and they will come Saturday and haul it off. That's the reason for getting at least part cleaned up as we want enough room for both cars then.

Talked to my sister this morning for a bit. I think there is a bit of permanent damage to her brain from that stroke. She just seems a little bit off if you know what I mean. She seems to be doing ok at her new apartment at the assisted living though.

Maggie: I hope Will starts to feel more like himself soon.

Gail: Whirlwind birthday and lots of fun it sounds like. I hope your injection doesn't put you down for too long.

Jean: We are finally going to have several days of sun and warm weather and boy do we need that. I use Dawn because it has something that cuts grease on dishes and it does the same things if you pour it on clothes. It is the only thing I use for grease spots. I always keep a little bottle in the cabinet. I think we as a country are going to have some strange weather again this summer. Don't know what it will be, but I have a feeling it won't be normal. We are going to Atlanta for the weekend in June to see the Cubs play so I hope the weather is really nice then. It will be a short trip just Friday and come home on Sunday. It is about 6 hours from her so a day trip pretty much and the game is on Saturday. The walking might do me in, but they have already sold all the tickets for handicap so no sense taking my wheelchair. Hopefully I can manage just short burst and then can sit a bit and then walk some more.

You gals have a great day. Off to clean out garage.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon! We had sunshine this morning but the clouds have rolled in. Not sure if rain is in the forecast or not. I went to get my nails done first thing this morning then stopped by WM and the grocery store. Getting ready for people to come seems to be a lot more work as I get older. This afternoon is mopping floors on my hands and knees. It's been awhile so I know they need it.

Maggie, on another great loss this week! You are doing great! I sure hope Will is feeling better today. Having a nurse there must be comforting for you both.

"Gma," our garage needs to be cleaned out big time. Some people have garages with barely anything in them and I can't help but wonder where all their "stuff" is stored. Glad you found someone to take the car.

I need to get busy and get a few more things done for Thursday. Have a nice rest of the day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Another day

GOOD DAY IN MARCH MAGNOLIAS

Will is still getting a nurse working today they work on shifts so she is different but very nice also. However she hasn’t had much to do for Will has been sleeping so far all day. He was awake most of the night keeping me from getting sleep also. I am so glad today’s is a female and likes to talk a lot which keeps me aware. Not much else to say but Will is expected to get better each day. Another nurse just arrived.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #19  

Good morning to you all. It is dry and mild this morning so I am going back into the garage and do a bit more work I think. I had a devil of a time yesterday with some of the stuff, but it is out at the trash for pick up today so it will be gone.

I am fixing some ribs today in the crockpot than finishing them off in the oven with some sauce. I needed to get rid of them and it is an easy way to fix them. I haven't decided on sides yet, maybe Jack can have a baked potato and I will just have a salad with mine.

Jean: Now that we have new steps put in, I am going to have Jack check and make sure it is good to put stuff up in the attic. We have some big plastic boxes with computer stuff in them up there but we were worried about the roof maybe leaking a bit so he needs to get back up there and check it out. It may have been the eaves leaking over before we got them cleaned out. I used to clean my floors on my hands and knees but that is impossible anymore. I even try and get on my knee and it screams in pain. Washing the tubs can be a chore now for sure, but I do the best I can with the stuff I have. Hope your planning for guests goes along easy.

Maggie: Know that I am praying for you both.

Have a great day!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #20  

Good Morning! The sun is shining but it was a cold 30 degrees early this morning. The generator guy came to show us how to set it for a weekly test and look at the island for an electrical outlet. The outlet project will be sometime after card club and a visit to see my "mom." Long story, short version -- she has very painful arthritis and overdosed (her daughter thinks) on prescription Tylenol and didn't take her bp meds for quite awhile. She was hallucinating, forgetful, agitated, etc., and she ended up in the hospital. The final verdict was she had had a series of small strokes over a period of time. She's now back in the skilled nursing part of the facility where her apt. is, but they haven't decided if she can go back to her apt., or not. Her speech wasn't affected, and she seems pretty with it over the phone. My cake for tomorrow is cooling on the counter; it's one with holes poked in, then butterscotch/caramel ice cream topping poured over, frosted with whipped cream (Cool Whip at this house), and Heath candy bars cut up and sprinkled on top. Overdosing on chocolate with chocolate Easter candy and mixed nuts also.

Maggie, I hope Will is feeling better today. I had to. when you said the nurse liked to visit. She is company for you. You both are in my prayers.

"Gma," if you think there may be a leak in the roof, can you pass up empty totes and then whatever you want to store up there? Our attic is just insulation and rafters. I rented an apt., when Bob was in Vietnam, that had a wide staircase going up and then solid floor throughout. The apt. was the upstairs of an old house and the nosey landlady didn't have anything stored up there. It was great for my school stuff and wedding gifts we left packed away. The landlady was so funny; she would leave her drapes closed but would peek out when she would hear me come and go.

Bob will home for lunch soon so better see what leftovers are hiding in the fridge. Have a nice rest of the day!
Old 03-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Sad News

Will passed away last evening. He didn’t make it to his last chemo treatment. But the only thing now consoling me is that he is now in a better place. I am being supported with folks around that I know and will get through this. Thank you gals for all your good wishes. Life certainly has its surprises.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:18 PM   #22  

Maggie, I am so very sorry! I wish I lived closer for you at this sad time.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #23  

Good morning everyone. It is cool and sunny this morning.

I have a load of laundry going in the dryer, did all my bank balancing stuff, and sat down to post when I saw Maggie's post.

Maggie: I pray that God comforts you in your grief and am so sorry to hear of Will's passing. He is in glory now with our Savior and no longer ill. I will be praying for you.

Jean: What flavor of cake do you use? Jack would love that cake if I used a yellow cake with the butterscotch, whipped cream and crushed Butterfingers instead. He doesn't like chocolate cake but that's what I'd go for! Hope your generator stuff all came out ok. We only had one tiny spot on the upstairs ceiling to indicate a leak, but it never happened again and so we are not sure where it even came from. We've had the roof repaired before but the whole complex needs new rooves and that's not gonna happen. We lived in this huge victorian house when I was in fifth grade and we had a big walk in attic. I loved that house but we only lived there a year.

Better go check on the laundry. Have a good day.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:07 PM   #24  

Hi all. I just came here because I need your help girls. I am depressed over the fact that I can't lose weight. could you help me please over this? my bf keeps insisting that I can't lose weight because I am depressed and not vice versa (that I am depressed and that's why I can't lose weight). I am trying to lose weight for more than 3 years without any luck. I have been thinking, maybe my bf is right?? if I would take some antidepressants and my depression would be over I would start losing weight. do you think that this is possible? I am so tired... please. any help regarding losing weight and depression is very much appreciate. about me: I am 21 years old (soon 22) and I need ANY of your help!!!

Last edited by Cristyna; 03-28-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Cristyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #25  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Maggie, I'm sorry for the passing of Will. You and your family are in my prayers.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #26  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Well...I posted....and it did not show up.

Maggie, I am sorry about Will's passing. I thought he was doing better. I am so sorry about that. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #27  
Thin Within

Talking Thnk You

I have a wonderful bunch of people willing to help me through these troubling times. They found our little safe and went through the papers and will file with who needs filing to declare Wills death and get his benefits turned over to me etc. I am so pleased these folks are capable to do these things and it takes a load off of me for sure. The preacher came by and talked about the service they will be holding for Will when the time comes that all the paper work is filed for it. My RN friend found the papers that the funeral home needed to finish up their paper work so now things will move quickly for she is hand delivering them today. I am so thankful they are doing all this.

Sorry Magnolias I am not up to do any ”personals” today.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristyna View Post
Hi all. I just came here because I need your help girls. I am depressed over the fact that I can't lose weight. could you help me please over this? my bf keeps insisting that I can't lose weight because I am depressed and not vice versa (that I am depressed and that's why I can't lose weight). I am trying to lose weight for more than 3 years without any luck. I have been thinking, maybe my bf is right?? if I would take some antidepressants and my depression would be over I would start losing weight. do you think that this is possible? I am so tired... please. any help regarding losing weight and depression is very much appreciate. about me: I am 21 years old (soon 22) and I need ANY of your help!!!
Cristyne there is a group here that is for depression and weight loss. They might be better equipped to help you than we senior citizen ladies.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:22 PM   #29  

Good Evening! It's been a very long day for me! I woke up at 4am, and couldn't get back to sleep thinking about all I needed to do before the crafty gals came after lunch. Three came and we had a nice visit, then ate cake. They said it was good. We had a meeting at church tonight but a reminder email didn't go out, so there was only three there. I am ready for bed but hate to go this early.

"Gma," I used a German chocolate cake mix. The recipe said to use either chopped Heath or Butterfinger candy. I just saw a recipe online that used sweetened condensed milk plus butterscotch ice cream topping. I would think you could use any flavor cake and topping. The leftover cake is going to work with Bob tomorrow! We got the bill for the gas part of the generator. I won't complain as long as it works and I don't have to bale water!

Cristyna, I don't know much about depression. But I do know that watching portion size, eating a balanced diet, and exercise all work together to help lose weight. Good luck!

Gail, nice to see you peek in.

Maggie, I'm glad you had help wading through the paperwork. What kind of service are you planning for Will?

Susan, what are you up to?

I am going to put my good dishes and silverware away and head for bed. See you tomorrow!
Old 03-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #30  

Good morning to you all. The furnace just turned on a minute ago so guess it is chilly outside. I haven't stuck my head out this morning. Wonder if we are expecting rain today? I was thinking of going out as I need to get a couple cards and mail the boys cards for Easter, but I haven't decided about that.

Jack's work jacket should be in today and my yarn. I am going to start knitting again and make an afghan for the living room. I realized at 2 AM that I didn't have a cable long enough for my circular needles so ordered a long one and it should be here Tuesday.

I need to get upstairs and clean bathrooms again. Seems like there is always something to clean. Today would be a good day as it is cool so won't be warm upstairs and wouldn't have to turn on fans or AC.

I finally broke down and bought a good step stool for the kitchen. I can't put stuff away on the top shelves so if Jack isn't home it has to sit. It folds up so it can be easily stored, which is nice, has a wide step and holds up to 500 lbs so it is very sturdy.

Jean: Now Jack would eat German chocolate cake. I think you could do all kinds of combinations if you wanted to. Glad everyone liked the cake. Is this generator supposed to work much better than the sump pump? When I was a kid we had them in our basements and they scared me to death. I guess I because I didn't know what they were for, but I wouldn't get close to one at all.

Everyone have a good weekend. Jack and I are going to work some more on the garage cleaning this weekend and run a few errands. That's as exciting as it is going to get for us.