Old 02-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS

It has stopped raining hard since through the night and now the wind is blowing.

I still don’t feel so good with residuals from that migraine headache. I just don’t have any ambition at all.

We did go pick our laundry and while out and about got some chocolate Boost and it is 4 points higher than the vanilla and it is a point higher than the Ensure also. I haven’t seen if Ensure makes the chocolate kind yet but I am sure I will find out sooner or later. I am drinking a vanilla Ensure right now for it is lunch time. I think that they have vastly changed what they taste like since Donna Faye dank any for they taste great now besides being a meal replacement. A nice thick vanilla shake loaded with essential things for my body. If I get hungry before dinner time I have some vegetables cleaned and ready to eat or used in what I cook. I love munching on fresh veggies so I need to have some always on hand in the fridge. I have a good scale to be weighed on so next Monday comes weigh day.

JEAN That advertisement gets moved on the last posers post so none of us can control it but just put up with it.

DONNA FAYE I hope your doc co-operates with you and gets your your appointments closer together for youue

SUSAN Question ~ what is the point level for certain weights with WW?

Last edited by Maggie; 02-25-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon! It's another gloomy day in my corner of the world. I am really tired of these dreary days. The wind is blowing pretty good and it's only 32 degrees outside. It was my morning to work in the gift shop, even sold a few things. I inventoried the greeting cards and made a list of what needs to be ordered. I have bell practice later this afternoon. That said, I have NO ambition to do anything now. I read in bed too late last night and didn't sleep very soundly so really feel like a nap.

"Gma," I am so ready for some sunny days! The sun was visible for about a half hour this morning, and then it disappeared. We haven't had any snow for a few days. I'm sure we will get at least one more downfall before we are done. Easter and Daylight Savings Time are so early this year. Easter with snow on the ground is just wrong!

Maggie, I think the weather affects my desire to get things done around here. The sunshine really shows where I need to dust! Hope you are back to feeling 100% soon!

I need to change clothes and do something constructive before I have to leave. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:26 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all. Another cold dreary day though the rain has stopped. I am ready for warm weather and sunshine for sure.

I was at the dr's for three hours yesterday. It would be nice if they could actually run the place properly and have in take people who are nice and don't think they have some kind of power over you. The gal yesterday got all up in my face because I was early for goodness sake. I told her straight out that I come early because the apt clerks and others screw up so I want to be there on time. I said, IMO it is better to be early than late, but it doesn't seem to matter here at all. You just waltz in whenever you feel like it and to heck with anyone else being held up because of you. Let's just say it has always been my observation it is one group of people. Anyway, I sat out in the waiting area for 40 minutes past my actual appointment time, then sat for 45 minutes waiting for the pharmacy people. I have a regular doctor appointment today and it is at one so we shall see how backed up she is going to be by that time. At least I was able to get my blood tests done yesterday. My doctor happened to walk past the room I was sitting in and came in and talked. I asked her about it since my appointment is in the afternoon and I didn't want to fast that long. She put it together and I got them done yesterday.

Lost 9 lbs since last appointment so it is coming off. I have to lose 16 by my next appointment, which will be end of May first of June.

The guy to measure the stairs was very prompt yesterday and I only beat him home by about half an hour. Took him maybe 10 minutes and that was it. We can't get metal stairs though because he says they won't fit so we have to get the wooden ones, which is ok, but they don't hold as much weight. Tomorrow them come and install the faucets first thing in the morning.

Maggie: I do hope you get to feeling better soon.

Jean: I am with you on the sunshine. I agree you don 't want to do anything when it is gloomy. I saw daylight savings seems to be a bit early and Easter definitely is. I am going to give Thomas money and just get a toy store gift card for Jackson this year. I just bought him a huge amount of candy and stuff for Valentine's Day.

I guess I better pay bills and get breakfast for myself. Have a good day.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #19  

Good Morning! The sun was out for about an hour and has gone into hiding again. It's 33 degrees with a 20mph wind. It's cold outside! I just addressed a birthday card to a lady in Colorado who turned 107! Her step-daughters live here but she moved there to be closer to her own children. Anyhow, she just moved from an apartment to the nursing home so she wouldn't have to buy new furniture for the smaller assisted living apartments. Her mind is sharp; she is concerned about the pipeline going through her farm land here and calls for regular updates. Everyday she walks the halls for exercise and swims. How wonderful to grow "old" like that!

"Gma," it must be my age, but I have no patience if I have to wait very long. Even though I take my own magazine just in case I have to wait, I usually just get a seat and the nurse comes to get me. The other morning there was just one man waiting when I got there, and two women when I left. I used to have to wait when my appointments were after school. I like "first" appointments much better. Good luck with your visit today. on the 9# loss! I noticed Easter candy and goodies in WM but I just walked on by.

I need to have my glasses adjusted so maybe I will call first. When I went to pick up my glasses they asked that I make an appointment. Some guy walked in without one, and got in ahead of me. I wasn't in any hurry but thought there was something wrong with that picture! Otherwise, nothing really planned for today.

Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday!

Last edited by Jean; 02-25-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:44 AM   #20  

Good morning to you all. We had sun for a bit yesterday but temps were still in the 40's all day.

My appointment went great. She had my blood test results back and all my numbers looked good she said and my cholesterol numbers were fantastic. Best of all though was my A1C which was down to 5.7, which is in the normal non diabetic range. They want diabetics under 7. I have to go Tuesday for my last gyno appointment then go back to regular dr in another month as she changed one of my bp meds.

The guys are coming in to install the faucets first thing this morning around 8:30. I will be glad to have that done as they are both more than likely 40 yrs old. We have already replaced the one in the hall bath a couple years ago. The guy came and measured the stairs so we are good to go on getting the attic stairs bought and installed.

Jean: I got the first afternoon appointment and when I walked in there were about 10 patients waiting. When I came out about half an hour later, there were at least 25. It was packed. That's pretty much the way it stays all day except for the lunch lull between noon and 1 pm. I saw that South Bend and area was getting hammered with snow. Hope you are able to get into the eye place soon.

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:55 AM   #21  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I tried posting and I had a difficult time. It lost a long post and I'm worn out from typing it. Very quickly, in case this post makes it through...I'm managing cancer still...going into my fourth year. Still battling carcinoid syndrome symptoms.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking Happy Day

GOOD DAY IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS

GAIL It is so good to hear from you and a bit about how you are getting along. I was thinking about you the other day and was wondering how you and your family are doing. We are now living in Texas where they have a top notch cancer treatment center and are confident they will get Will’s body free of cancer since they have a good rate of curing folks with much more cancer than he has now. A dear friend has let us park our MH on his ranch and even installed “hook ups” for us. Good thing also is the gal here is an RN and head nurse at one of the large hospitals hereabouts. Please come back and post my friend.

Last edited by Maggie; 02-26-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:43 PM   #23  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...but I'll try to make this short and sweet...(again)....

Both dads passed away. FIL passed away this past December. Wayne is retired. He loves it. I love that he loves retirement. We do not travel much except going back and forth to Va. Beach to settle the estate; trying to get my FIL's house fixed up for sale. I have bad days. I have a lot of good days. My cancer markers are stable or as stable as they are going to be. I deal with bloat, gas, nausea, chronic diarrhea on a daily basis. Some days it's not that bad; other days I'm swaddled in an electric blanket. I'll be glad when it's warmer so I can walk because that helps with the symptoms. I can't eat a lot of different foods but I'm used to it although I did get to eat a very very small tossed salad night before last without any problems and IT TASTED FANTASTIC. I am blessed.

I wish I could "speak" to each of you but I don't trust this website to take my post...
Old 02-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #24  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Okay...perhaps I'll keep the posts short...

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear about Will. Glad to see that y'all moved to Texas. Yes, I know Texas has a very good cancer center. And living near a nurse is great for "just in case".... he will be in my prayers. I'm lucky that I have a very good team of oncology doctors. They keep a close watch over me. I feel confident in them and where I go to get all my bloodwork done, get my injections, see my doctors....Helen F. Graham Cancer and Research Institute. I gave everyone a bad scare this time last year. Had to go to the hospital via ambulance. I had Ileus. Bad four days. NG tube up my nose...or is that down my nose? Anyway, it was awful. But feel fortunate and very blessed.

Donna, I answered your message.

Jean, Wayne and I wanted to go to Hawaii when he retired. I don't feel confident enough to travel that far from Delaware.

Susan, I see your still quilting. I think of you whenever I see my neighbor's work--she quilts also.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #25  

Good afternoon, ladies! 45 degrees today and sunshine. Wednesday we had very high winds and a tornado killed 3 people not far from me. We have a street called Cedar Lane that is lined with very old cedar trees. 10 of them were uprooted and more than 20 were broken off in the middle of the trunk. Very sad. I see a couple of roof shingles in the yard so I'll get that fixed next week.

I f8inally bit the bullet and bought a new car. I got a black with tan interior 2016 Kia Rio. It's fully loaded, not only has heated seats but also a heated steering wheel. I think I'll really enjoy that in the winter. There is also a USB port and 2 power ports. I guess I could live in there for awhile if I had too. My Neon was 14 years old and showing her age. I stopped to get gas at Kroger and paid $1.18 a gallon.

The quilt show is wonderful. Of course my back is not my friend and I came home earlier than I intended today to put the heating pad on it. That's when I discovered I forgot to put the lift and orthodics in my shoes this morning.

Gail, I'll continue to pray for you. I'm sorry that both fathers have now passed away. I wonder about you from time to time.

Faye, I have stairs like that into my attic, too. The furnace is up there so the serviceman goes up there in the Spring and Fass when he checks the AC/Heat out. I am not fond of those stairs. Congratulations of the weight loss. You are doing so good.

Jean, I'm doing all I can to stay out of the nursing home like that lady. Who wants to live with a bunch of old people complaining about their health concerns and going to a funeral at least once a week.

Hi, Maggie.

Have a wonderful evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:48 PM   #26  

I just posted and it disappeared!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #27  

Good morning to you all. Going to be out and about early this morning as it is commissary weekend. I hope the weather is nice today.

We are going out this morning shopping but also to get the stairs for the attic ordered and pay for the install. I hope they have the stairs in stock and we don't have to wait.

They did a nice job and were pretty fast installing the faucets. He had the downstairs one done in 20 minutes, but had to put in new lines for the upstairs one. I love the upstairs one. It is really pretty. We just put the same one that was in the downstairs bath, but found out it didn't include the stopper and plunger so he had to leave the stopper in and put the old plunger back in. It's ok, but the other one was brass and the new one is silver. They were such nice guys and it is one of the reason we use the same plumbing company whenever we need one.

Gail: It was so lovely to hear from you. Keep in touch whenever you feel up to it. I know it takes a lot out of you.

Maggie: Hope Will is coming along with this therapy and getting better.

Jean: I have had that happen one more than one occasion for sure. We were trying to email some documents last night and they just would not do right and wouldn't download the whole thing. I got pretty fed up and Jack said he would just do it from the laptop so that is what he did.

Susan: Congrats on the new car. What color did you get? That is so sad about the cedar trees but more so about the people who died. I think spring and summer are going to be as crazy as the fall and winter were. Wow you have great gas prices. Ours is $1.43 at the Walmart down the street here.

Everyone have a great Saturday. I am going to unload the dishwasher and get cleaned up to go out.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:42 PM   #28  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday and Sunny

GOOD DAY IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day here. The wind isn’t blowing and the sun is shining. I had a bowl of soup for my meal today and have two drinks of the balanced nutritional drinks to have, which are filling, left to have for the day. I may have one of the chocolate ones today since my food was so low in points+ and that flavor one is higher in points than the vanilla ones. That soup was good since it was Steak and Potato and I added green beans to it. I have some packets of veggies in baggies fixed if I “need” to munch on anything. Plus I need the fiber.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like your getting your house fixed up nicely.

JEAN Looks like you aren't the only one that your post disappears ~ it happened to Gail and me also before.

SUSAN How did your quilt show turn out?

GAIL How are your girls doing now that they have gotten older? Give Wayne a hug from me for he is such a nice guy.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon! We have sunshine again today! That makes two days in a row. It is supposed to be in the 50s this afternoon so I can open the sliding doors for the "boys." I've been putzing this morning and just doing my usual Saturday routine. I had a tantrum on my comment yesterday but see it turned into a

"Gma," on the weight loss and good test scores yesterday! Glad your new faucets are in and stair steps are on the way. A lot of our snow is gone but it looks like we might be getting more next week.

Gail, it's nice to see your post. Cancer is bad, no matter what kind. I know that the "bad" days are not fun. Hopefully, spring will be here soon!

Maggie, hope to see you today!

Susan, I know you will enjoy your new car with all the bells and whistles. Fourteen years is a long time for the same car. I think of you living where it is hot and had to chuckle at your heated seats. I think they are the best invention yet and use mine a lot! I'm not crazy about the cooled seat though. Our gas just went up 12 cents in one jump, to $1.67. I must admit nursing homes now are nothing like I remember as a Girl Scout when we would visit. The ones here don't "smell" and activities are planned for every day. Our pastor visits and reads a continuing book to whoever might join in the group. He also has communion and takes turns with other pastors leading a church service. Clients can join in, or not, as they wish.

Bob is home from running errands and offered to grill. I guess that means it is lunch time. Hope you all enjoy a relaxing day!

Last edited by Jean; 02-27-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #30  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

It is a beautiful day in Delaware. Today is a good day so out I went to run errands as I pushed Wayne to go fly his rc planes with his buddies.

Donna, we are in the middle of repairing things in my father-in-law's house and there is so much to be done. One of those things was getting a plumber and he, too, replaced faucets, fixed the kitchen sink, etc. Everything is that house was rusting away and my FIL never kept the house up and would not let Wayne do anything. Very frustrating. He did not want to spend the money but guess who is paying for it anyway? Him. We are going to Va. Beach this Monday to take canned goods to the food bank, clothes to Goodwill, put a final coat of paint inside the pantry, and prep the master bath's walls to hang wall paper. I will be helping to clean carpet (we have a carpet cleaner we are taking down there). I was lucky when my dad passed away because my ex-sister-in-law came in and cleaned his house once a week and kept things up for him. And dad kept up the house. I really won't be helping that much but I'll give lots of moral support. We will only be there for a couple of days.

Maggie, both daughters (40 and 42) are doing very well. The oldest has the one son (8) and he is involved in soccer (since he was 5). I don't get to see him as much as the other two because they live almost at the Pennsylvania line and the traffic and with both my dauther's and son-in-law's work, time is not on our side! But we speak almost every day. And if I need her she drives on over. The youngest lives about 5-8 minutes away from me. She is a single mom, working, and very much involved in both daughters' extra curricular activities--girl scouts, field hockey, lacrosse. My granddaughters are 12 and the other is soon to be 16. Anyway, everyone is doing great...I've talked to both this morning and everyone is happy! And that is all I ask for. We're all looking forward to our vacation together in the summer. I have to agree with you about Wayne. He is a good man and I couldn't get through all of this without him. He makes sure I get out of the house because I tend to be a recluse. We went to see Risen at the movie theatre yesterday. Good movie. It's about the crucifixation from a tribunal's perspective. Or what the director thinks was the perspective.

Jean, yep...cancer sucks. That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. But I'm blessed and I appreciate every day I'm given. I lead a very quiet life. We go out to dinner at a few restaurants where I can order the food my body tolerates. We go to the movie theatre. Spend time with the family and friends. Like everyone else does! The only thing(s) I wish I could do is travel to the places I've always wanted to go but I don't have the confidence to travel far so we take small trips when possible but right now all our energy or I should say Wayne's energy is going towards his dad's house. As soon as that is on the market I think we'll sigh a bit of relief especially when it's sold. We will start grilling soon. I just talking to my youngest daughter asking her what we should make for Easter dinner. I cannot tolerate ham so she suggested we grill...and that really translate into Wayne doing the cooking! (He really doesn't mind. He's very easy going.)

Okay...hope this post takes...