Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 01:56 PM   #16  

Hey chickies, hope your havin' a grooooovey day!

Can you tell I've been researching songs from the 70's ????
Wow, did that ever bring back memories! I printed out some lists of songs for our reunion. I know some of you are too young for this, but I bet most of you remember some of these....
"Smoke from a distant fire"
"I love the nightlife(I love to boogie)"
"King Tut"
"Hot child in the city"
"Kung Fu fighting"
"Smokin' in the boys room"
"You light up my life"
I could go on and on.......some of these brought back tender memories, but mostly I just wondered how we could have thought some of these were so "cool"!!! hahahaha

And, the most requested song for the Saturday night dance....
"Brick House"
Well, better go practice my Disco moves! hehehe
Old 08-21-2003, 02:18 PM   #17  
Losing it!

Ramona: I guess I'm showing my age! I know every single song you listed! Remember: Ricky, don't be a hero? Paradise by the dashboard lights? The Beegees (??) Can't remember how to spell thier name and Andy Gibb? Peter Frampton...the list could go on and on! Tell hubby he better practice up his "stay'n alive" Travolta moves if he's going to keep up with you!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:37 PM   #18  
Losing it!

SHERRYYYYYY!!!!!!! Where are you?????? Checkie your emailie.... I need your opinion on something....
Old 08-21-2003, 02:39 PM   #19  
Losing it!

If your MIA and reading this...PLEASE POST!!!!! We miss you!!!!
Old 08-21-2003, 03:29 PM   #20  

Hello Floozie Friends

I'm home from work. I only worked a 1/2 day today. I woke up with a bad headache and it's STILL hurting.

I have something to talk to you about. I'm so scared I'm going to have a nervous break-down.Seriously. I have ALWAYS been the "strong" person, a "do-it all", a perfectionist on the house, job, etc. But now I don't know how much more I can do. I don't mean to sound whiny but.... I'm honestly tired.My body is getting worn-out! I've had so much on my mind the last few weeks and under so much stress, Some days I don't think I can make it through.I'm really good about covering up my problems and staying strong but I guess there comes a time when you get to where you can't "hold it together" any longer.

I'm working my STRESSFUL job at School, which will hopefully get better in a few weeks, working the Titan games, cleaning house, washing clothes,ironing, cooking, yard work, paying bills, etc. Also, trying to buy this house (VERY STRESSFUL!). And the KICKER is: Wayne lost his job about 3 weeks ago. I haven't said anything because I thought that he would have a new one by now but it's harder to get a job at age 50 then you think. Wayne is a WONDERFUL husband and a great Father. He would do anything around the house that I ask of him but by the time he half-*** does it, I could have done it. Why can't I relax? Why do I get up-tight if the house is messed up? Or there's dust? Water on the counter? Glasses in the sink? Drew's room messed up? WHY DO I STRESS OVER THINGS LIKE THIS??? I want to be the kind of person that doesn't worry about things like this!! Sorry to VENT but I had to get this off my chest. I know I'll be ok soon....Thanks for listening!!

Now to give updates to your posts:

Debbie & I had a nice visit with Dee (Titan). She's a very sweet person and I'm glad we got to meet. We talked non-stop for almost 2 hours!

Dee (Titan),
Let me know when you get home so I'll know you made it back ok.Again. It was so nice meeting you!!

Gayle,
Your social event sounds like fun!! I laughed so hard on the coconut bra's!! Make sure you take LOTS of pictures!!! YES...the WW stuff you sent me sure has came in handy!!! Thanks again girlfriend! I got your email....I sent you one too! Now when can we set up a date to meet YOU?!

Ramona,
Boy, Did those songs bring back wonderful memories!! I miss those "good ole days!" Our children have no idea! Well it's about 10 days away until your Parents party! Don't work too hard and don't forget to ask for help if you need it! (Like I'm a good one to talk! ) Also, I loved your "Words of Wisdom". You are very talented!

Debbie,
Wanna pack up and run-away with me?? I know things will get better for us. My question is: WHEN?! I know I don't tell you enough...But thanks so much for always being there for me and being such a wonderful friend!! Hey..Can't wait until the pool gets set up!!

Dee,
What did you decide for a gift for hubby? Do you have a surprise b/day party planned also? How was the body massage?
I have never had one! Maybe that's what I need!!! How are things with Dez now that she's home? Tell us all about the "Kissin' Thing!"

Shelley,
I know how you feel girl! Our Principal thinks that me & the other lady can do EVERYTHING!! We even eat our lunch at our desk while we work! Somedays, I don't even know what I ate! So everything worked out about getting your Daughter to School? I'm sorry that you have to go through with so much bullcrap and I wished things were easier for you.

Doni,
I'm so glad you posted!! I was getting worried about you!
Did they get the front room floor fixed? I don't want you falling through it! GREAT JOB on the weight loss!!!! We have LA Weightloss here too. I never knew much about it though. I'm glad you're on plan and good luck! Don't wait so long next time to post! OKey Dokey??

Cheryl,
Again, I'm so glad you're back and had a great time! Did you gain or lose while being gone? If not, Are you back to being OP?

Carol,
Ok...Where's the motivational for today? Did you weigh Tuesday? I hope you had a good 'un! I bet you're looking so forward to the Bahama's!! You lucky girl!!!

WHERE'S VICKI, JENNELLE & JEANNE??? If any of you talk to them....Tell them we sure miss them!!

Going to lay down for awhile. Sorry this post is so long!

HUGS..........

Last edited by Sherry; 08-21-2003 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:58 PM   #21  

SHERRY:
I am so very sorry about Wayne losing his job. I know that has to be very stressful for both of you. I pray that he will find something very soon. I wish I could come and take some of the worries and strain from you. Of course, if I came to clean your house, you'd be even more stressed....Susie Homemaker I'm NOT!
Seriously, I wish I had something to say that would make you feel better. And, it's easy for me to say "just let the house go and don't worry about the messes". But, I know that isn't your personality and you can't just make it change over night. BUT, please try to relax and do something for yourself. The last thing you need is to end up in the hospital due to stress. Please keep us informed. We love you!

Shelley, I don't know what to tell you about the situation at your school. It sounds as if you are really being taken advantage of. Can you file any type of complaint, or would there be bad repurcusions? I hope things get better real soon and you can relax. That is too much stress!

Debbie, how is your school year going? Hopefully it is less stressful than last year. How is the pool coming along?

Dee, oh how I envy your massage! I hope you enjoyed it.

Gayle, I was laughing about the fashions we wore in the 70's. They are almost the same as what the kids are wearing today!!!
Bell bottoms, platform shoes, hip huggers(aka low rise), lets just hope the baby blue polyester leisure suits DON'T come back!

Titan, how was your trip? What is the latest on the baby situation? I hope all is going well.

Jennelle, let us know how your new school is. I bet you are loving it!

Doni, congrats on the weight loss. I know how difficult it is to lose while taking prednisone, so you are really doing great!

Cheryl, Jeanne, Vicki, Carol, try to post when you can, we miss you!
Old 08-21-2003, 06:22 PM   #22  

Sherry- One word PROZAC!!!! Not only do you have the stress of buying the house and Wayne out of work, but you are definitly obsessive compulsive!! Believe me, I know, because so am I!! I'm sure Wayne will get a job. What kind of work does he do? Could he possibly try going into business for himself?

Ramona-I listen to 70's songs all the time when I run. I'm much older than you though, so the ones you are talking about are considered new to me!

Gayle-I even still have some of the jeans I wore in the 70's! Of course obsessive compulsive me wants to fit into them again, so I keep them around to try on.

Sherry, Debbie, Titan-I'm so glad you all had a good time. Maybe someday we will all meet.

Dee-I've never had a massage. I used to work for a lady that does deep tissue massage. I think it would be wonderful to have one. I can't even get one anymore from Mike!
Old 08-22-2003, 12:05 AM   #23  
Losing it!

Sherry, I used to be alot like you and couldn't rest until everything was neat and orderly. I remember several times, Steve going on to bed and I would be up at 11:00pm vacuuming. I also have a compulsion of "no one can do it like me" to the point my family won't ask to help out anymore because I would re-do what they had done. For example : towels! They need to be folded a certain way and placed in the closet a certain way, if not, I can't think of anything else until I re-do them! I decided to "get real" with myself before I went nuts. I no longer react to towels going the wrong direction...it bothers me, but I no longer react to it. I follow this through with all of the house now, to the point that the dust really doesn't bother me anymore!! Someone suggested doing something "just for you" that's basically why I'm taking the painting classes. I feel like I have wasted 40 years of my life doing things for everyone else and trying to be perfect...it's time to take care of Gayle. Now I think its time to take care of Sherry. Wayne will find a job, I have faith in that. I know this is a hardship for your family and if there is anything at all I can do, let me know. I love you dear friend!!!

Ramona: I want to see pictures of the rock'in reunion!

Shelley: I'm glad you ended up getting everything taken care of. I still think they take advantage of you!

CAROL!!!!!!!!!! I'm missing your motivation! Are you ok????

Some days I feel so down and wonder how life can treat me so bad....then something like today happens and I can put everything back into perspective... I received a call from Hospice about a young man about my age, with a wife and kids, going through a terminal illness. He is now under Hospice care which means he has been diagnosed with 6 months or less to live. I hate to end on a downer, but after my lousey day, nothing compares to what this man and family is facing. Sometimes, I think it's good for the soul to sit back and see the trials and tribulations that others are coping with.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:06 AM   #24  

Gayle-You are absolutely right. Someone that worked for us when we had our stereo business years ago is in Hope Hospice, and he is expected to go any day. He is only about 52, and was such a lively man! Now he has prostrate cancer and something to do with his kidney or liver. It is good for the soul to see stuff that others have to cope with.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:10 AM   #25  

Good Mornin'

I'm home today. I'm taking a "comp" day. My head & stomach hurt all night. I don't know if it's the virus that's going around my School or if it's nerves.

THANK YOU so much for your motivation & support.But most of all, Thanks for your love, friendship & concern. I knew I could tell you anything and you would understand.

I talked to Debbie on the phone for a long time last night. She thinks that I carry too much stress.She said when I get stressed like this, instead of releasing some of it, I try to do MORE! She is so right!!!

Starting today, I'm going to try REAL hard to not let the little things bother me. If my house gets messy, then so be it! I will have to take small steps at first but I think I can do it.

Again, Thanks for being here for me!

Carol.....Where are you? I really need some MOTIVATIONALS now!!

Have a GREAT OP day Floozie's!!

HUGS.............
Old 08-22-2003, 10:42 AM   #26  

Sherry thank you for sharing with us. It helps to talk about things. I am sorry that Wayne lost his job. I know that this must be really hard on him too.
Sherry my heart goes out to you. I know what it is like to have a perfect house, just incase someone might drop in, or just because it looks great that way. I love to have full course meals, and pride myself on trying new gourmet meats every week.When I get stressed I do more too. I look for anything that needs to be done and just do it. I think that we are a lot alike. This obsession affected my mental health and my heart. Not a good thing. If you don't change something you too will be affected by the stress. It sounds like you already have been affected. Don't let it get worse. Now that Wayne isn't working he has time to pick up some of the work load. Whatever he does may not be the way you like it but it is partly done for you. You can choose to look the other way or finish the job to the way you like it. I usually finish the job. I try not to do it when they are around so that they don't feel inadaquet. (sp?) I delegate jobs out and tell how I would like it done and then if need be I take a few more minutes to fix it up the way I like it. If I were you I would show Wayne your letter that you wrote us. He needs to know how you feel. He loves you, Sherry. He will help you out if he sees what it is doing to you.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:55 AM   #27  

The massage was great. I went a couple of weeks ago too. My lower back has been sore so this really helps. Larry's work insurance covers 80% so it cost me $10 an hour.
I decided to get Larry a massage too for his birthday. He has never been so I made him an appointment for monday. I decided to get him the club that he wanted and I will engrave something on it too. I got him a book and a golf magazine (Dez is going to get him the subscription) and I have registered us for Latin
Tropical Dancing. We will dance the meringue, cumbia, ahd salsa. Dirty dancing will keep us warm all winter long.

About the kissing lessons......hmmm......I think that it is to explicit for this board, but if you buy the september cosmo magazine there is some interesting moves in there. The redbook magazine had a really good article in the may, jume or july magazine. I think that it was june though. Might of been titled 100 different ways to please your man. Something like that. Maybe on the net, or just check at your library. We are in the prime of our life, would be a shame not to learn some knottys......lol

We are going away this weekend for Larry's birthday. He wanted to stay up at the lake. My brother's trailer is vacant this weekend so we are going to rock it.

Hope you have as much fun as we will.

xox
Old 08-22-2003, 03:12 PM   #28  
Losing it!

Sher: Check your email if you feel like it...ok??

Dee: Have FUN!!! All of Larry's gifts sound great, I bet he will love them!

Jennelle????

Vickster????

Carol???

Jeanne?????

Doni??

Deb????
Old 08-22-2003, 07:19 PM   #29  
THINKING THIN!!!!

T. G. I . F.

My life is still crazy as ever, sorry this is the first chance I've had to post this week. But it's Friday and of course I have a busy weekend planned. Wonder why so many people want a piece of me...LOL.

The meeting with Titan was great. She is such a sweet person, just as I imagined. Made me hopeful that someday maybe all of us can meet each other. Titan is even looking for a house up around my area, wouldn't that be a hoot.
Well the tree is down and all the brush removed and I pick up the last of the cobble stones yesterday. They are delivering the sand and lime Monday afternoon and I'm getting excited. I really don't know if we will get to {swim} in it this season or not. James thinks it will take awhile for the water to warm up.
Want to hear something funny....We got steps instead of a ladder..SO....if we use it before the deck is built....we will have to climb up on the bed of the truck and go down the steps...Is that
a redneck pool or what? LOL {We plan to start on the deck in the spring.

Ramona...I love all those old songs. Brick House is one of my favorites to dance to. Super Freak is great too.

Gayle....Me and Sherry were talking about a trip to Kansas today.

Sherry...Hope you are feeling better. I love you!!

Dee...Can't wait to hear what Larry's favorite gift was!!

Shelley...It will get better ...right? I sure hope so!!

I'm thinking of all of you but {as usual} I don't have time to post to all of you. Got to work tonight and one birthday party Saturday and one Sunday...Grandkids born too close together...LOL

Hugs to all my floozie friends....deb
Old 08-22-2003, 07:33 PM   #30  

Hey I have been really really busy and things in life are quieting down. Cara has a boyfriend now and boy is that fun.

More later....

Vickster
Closed Thread