Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Worldlies are Fittingly Fabulous in February

Hi Everyone. Looks like Happy didn't make it back to start the new thread, so I will start it.

Someone needs to tell me how to link this back to the January thread and the January thread to this thread.

I went with the title Annie suggested. I hope you all are ok with that.

Happy, when you get a chance, please close the January thread.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:07 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone, It will be a quick post for me tonight. I need to work about an hour tonight and want to get at it, so that I can make my 10:30 p.m. bed time.

The memorial service for my friend's son was very somber and sad. It was well attended and many spoke very fondly of him. I hope that some day, when my friend thinks back to that service, she will find comfort in the love that was outpoured for her and her family.

I know she was very appreciative of those who came; but right now, her heart and spirit is broken as she has to live with the new normal. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm having a bit of an issue tonight with wanting to "graze" and of course I'm not craving good things. I finally had a small coke as I think that is what I was really wanting and so I thought "oh be done with it" and have it. Not often will I give into that but tonight I had to stop the process I was in of "a bit of that and a bit of this".

Laura: I did watch the Grease movie last night and I thought it was done well, but I still like the original. I did sing along to every song last night...how about you?

Much love to the rest of you! I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:12 PM   #3  

bumping the thread up
Old 02-01-2016, 08:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

To go back to the old thread click herehttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...-new-year.html

Thought I would bring this over, since it is Feb 2 here.

Morning all,
Going to be a stinker again today but cooling down later in the week. I'm done with summer, let there be Autumn!

Still here and still busy. The DS and his partner did some tidying up yesterday, good for them, but now the washing basket is full again. Still playing around in water and damp clothes will be cooler today than sweeping and cleaning and cooking.

No time for personals right now. May be able to do those when I come in from doing some stuff outside. Got to get that done before the real heat hits - it's currently only 26 and expected to get to 37. Dog and I will be out in the dog pool if you need us!!!!

Last edited by Shad; 02-01-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning All....

SUSIE...thanks for starting the new thread. Sad there is a death but when it is a young death it seems to be even sadder. Hugs to you. Congrats on the loss at Tops, much better than any type of gain. Must be the grazing time of year. I hit it up with pretzel rods last night. Too much salt...swollen hands and joints this morning, plus I forgot all my pills. May work from home this afternoon so at least I can get them in me by noonish today. Heart meds are a NEVER forget to take them type even the doc and his nurse separately warned me about. Scares the heck out of me. Sorry, rambling.

LAURA...I did watch part of Grease. It was good, the singing was awesome, but as Sis and I agreed it is just not Olivia and JT. We both like the moving best, probably in part as Sis used to stand on the coffee table and sing the "Sandy" parts out from her heart. Too cute. It was a good job on the LIVE however.

HAPPY...I love the new door. Of course by the pics we cannot tell the "air leaks". Then again, I like the old door also. I would love to have the old door in place of my sliding glass door on the back. May invest in something like that before it is all ssaid and done. We just have so many other "things" BOTH house need, like new roofs. Depressing. Wish not to think about it.

CHELLE...sure hope you got rid of that nasty migraine. Try more water. Heck I don't know, headaches baffle me. The only triggers I know for me are raw onions and yucky chocolate-glad I am allergic to it and do not like it.

CEEG...glad the cutting and pasting from Word is helping. Nothing as frustrating as losing a post. Hotels to me are also frustrating, first I don't like staying in one, all I can think of is bed bugs and people deposits on the bed, just grosses me out. Then the noisy traffic and other tenants. Bleh. Would rather not.

SHADDIE...sounds much like you have gained a friend in ODDU, and me thinks when/if he ever leaves with his mom and dad, you will certainly miss all of his antics that keep you frustrated and working around the house. Bahaha. Garden coming along nicely? Great!

HELLO to DEE and TERRA...come back and at least say hi girls.

Posting this and will do my update next.

Hugs to all.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:42 AM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

What a chaotic weekend. Started out ok, but went to heck in a hand basket Saturday night.

I hear this faint call for me from our master bath, it is Curtis. I go in there, he is on the pot, gray in color and passes out on the pot. I could barely get him to respond. 911 it is, off in the ambulance we go. Yep HAPPY, there goes the deductible for this year. ha. Anyway, he passes a significant amount of blood and his BP dropped so low he passed out is the conclusion. However his blood work was normal. All to do with the diverticulosis and internal hemmoroids . Nothing different, no further damage, just needs to get his act together with food intake. Not to say in years to come he might need surgery, but for now the same. I am about to bonk him on the head. Sunday was mellow enough, no church as we were up late at the hospital. They sent him home. Wouldn't you think this would make you change your diet?????? YES, I am so frustrated with him I could punch him. He was better yesterday.

I made beef pot pie with leftover roast, potatos, carrots, onions and green beans. Quite tasty and brought it for lunch also.

Everyone make it a great day. I am struggling with finding happiness and peace today. Crabby, grouchy and beeeachy.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Susie
Thank you for starting the new thread. I would have but don't know how. I understand about the grazing.

Annie
Maybe this will make C more aware of his health condition and slowly but surely know what his consequences are. I hate that for both of you. One time like that was enough for me.

Shad
Hope things cool down for you soon. I'm ready for Spring.

------
Not much news here. Got in my activity points yesterday. I've been okay with a 20 minute cardio session that I've been breaking down in 10 minute segments. I'm going to start logging my food again. I've started my regimen of vitamins again also.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

CEEG...good for you to get back in gear healthwise. I wish C would. He is like a big kid, I have to scold him into what he needs to do and frankly I am tired of telling him to pick up his mess.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

eating tums now. ugh
Old 02-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

How's that for a scary looking avatar of me...ba hahaha...
Old 02-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #11  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

My headache yesterday got so bad that I called my doc to call in a Rx. She called in two…one to treat the headaches and one to hopefully prevent them (or at least reduce their frequency).

I left work early because my vision was starting to be affected by the migraine (I’ve had that happen before…it’s only temporary….but it makes it difficult to work). I got home, took my meds and relaxed the rest of the evening. When I awoke, only the faintest remnants of the headache persisted. Hopefully it will stay away the rest of the day and week. I do believe they are weather related….because even though it didn’t rain yesterday, it rained last night…so no doubt there were barometric pressure changes. They used to also be triggered by TOM, but I’m long past that.

==================
Happy - I love your new door/windows! Gorgeous!! I’m sorry the installation didn’t go well. Good luck on WW. I actually prefer Bob Harper as the host and the interaction he has with the contestants, like when he was counseling them a weak or two ago. I also found it cool that in the auction at last week’s episode one of the prizes to bid on was a day working out with him. I would’ve paid big bucks for that too.

Laura - I DVRed Grease and watched half of it. So far, I’ve enjoyed it ok….but the movie is much better. I did appreciate that they cast Didi Conn (Frenchy in the movie) as the soda shop waitress who counsels the Grease Live Frenchy.

Susie - My deepest sympathies and prayers to your friend.

Annie - Dehydration does trigger migraines in me, but I normally drink A LOT of fluids. Even still, I’ve upped my intake. Used to be the only thing that would get rid of a migraine for me would be meds (prescription + Excedrine, gatorade and a dark room). Can’t do gatorade anymore due to the sugar. I tried hunting down some Powerade Zero which also has electrolytes but no sugar…but I didn’t want to drive all over town. OMG! So scary about C passing out! I understand your frustration! Hopefully this will get him to clean up his act and eat right. I love the picture of you and Sassy.

to everyone!

Love and hugs,
Old 02-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #12  

Morning all.

Susie – Thanks for starting our new thread. You know, I still have some of those songs from Grease running through my head! Born to hand jive baby!

Shad – I don’t know what 37 C is exactly in Fahrenheit, but I know it’s really HOT! I hope you have the AC running. I dunno about you, but I find it to be worth every penny when it’s that hot & humid.

Annie – Gosh, if this last ER visit wasn’t enough to make C stick with a proper diet for his condition, I don’t know what will. Maybe seeing the hospital bill?? --- I like that new avatar, you and your little Sassy girl. Awww. I like the glasses too – do you wear glasses all the time or are they readers, or do you wear contacts? I’ve been wearing my glasses more and more. My vision with contacts just isn’t as good as it used to be. Now I sometimes use a pair of bf’s old readers when I wear my contacts so I can read the small print.---I forget, is the other house C’s house? Is that a rental? How are the current tenants?

Ceejay – I’m ready for spring too! --- If I think about my work commute, my walking is in ~10-minute segments also. If I don’t get any rides between home and the train, I get 4 segments per day. Of course when I’m downtown, the sidewalks can be crowded and I don’t always get to walk as quickly as I’d like…

Hellos to the rest of you! C’mon back Terra & Dee!
==
Nothing much to report. I went to Pilates class last night. We had the substitute instructor and she’s a toughie. Well, different moves and she has us doing more and longer planks. I think I need to do that 30-day plank challenge just to work up my plank time. Last night this instructor had us do 3 planks, each one progressively longer. But she wouldn’t say how long – just that this one would be "a few breaths longer". Well, after we finished the last one, she told us it was 90 seconds. Sneaky woman. Anywho, she will be back in a month to sub again. Oh joy.

Movie night was cancelled this week, not that I’ve been going lately… Tonight is bf’s class, so I’ll probably watch some of dvd’s I have from the library. I also need to run out to the market – I used the last of the milk this morning.

Okay, time to post. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #13  

Hi Michelle! I'm so sorry to hear your migraine got so bad!! I hope the meds help prevent any more of them. ---Yeh, I liked that Didi Conn was in the cast as the malt shop waitress.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE...glad you are getting some relief from the headaches. Yikes, I used to get them awful till I figured out the cause. Took me a year of writing all my foods down and when I got the headaches. Yep, raw onion was the major cause. Quit eating them and poof, no headaches. Funny, most issues are food related anymore, bah.

LAURA...yes the second house is Cs and the rental. Same renter for the past 3 years and very good ones too. Thank God no more of his daughter. Yes, I don't know what will keep C on the straight and narrow either, it is so annoying and frustrating. I just want to scream. The glasses are just readers. I don't wear contacts. I just cannot see close up. So readers it is. Not sure I could stand contacts in my eyes. Distance sight is ok so to speak. (Not bad enough for glasses, I guess as I am surviving without them).

Best post and get to my meeting...afternoon all.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Starting to get a headache again....not as bad as yesterday....hopefully it stays like that. Right after work, I have my hypnosis session....it was supposed to be yesterday, but the hypnotherapist cancelled. Then I have my Wisconsin book club conference call....even though I didn't do the reading. I was supposed to run with my friend Mark, but since hypnosis got rescheduled, the run will get rescheduled until tomorrow after work. After the run, I'll be working out with my trainer, which I very much need. Today after the book club, I might do some Wii Fit or a Zumba DVD (assuming of course that my headache stays in the "mild" range.
Closed Thread