Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 03:18 PM   #16  
cow with the double chin

Angry

Hi everyone! Just stopping in to say I'm glad Wabby made it through the ordeal okay. I would love to have about 5 lbs taken off my chest!!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Lohani
Gee Kiwi, doing anything every day is exhausting. I agree, though...we should eat in a more healthy way.
Oh gosh, I didn't mean every day!

Let's face it, those are just goals to work on. Kind of like keeping your sink shiny. Sometimes I do that too.

My head hurts. I ate a home-grown cucumber for lunch. I don't think that is related to my head hurting, but hey.

Kiwi
Old 08-19-2003, 05:22 PM   #18  
The magic shrinking cow

Poor Lushlet... I'm glad it's not RA, but this thing doesn't sound that much better. Did she get it from sports, is it hereditary, or did it "just happen?"

Wabby!!! Welcome back!!! Pain pills are wonderful.

Peachpern, sorry you're in such a position.

Bob the cat still can't walk. He can stand for a few minutes.

I hit a new low this week with 174 on Sunday. Woo! Of course, I ate like a maniac yesterday and today... bagels and donuts and pizza, oh my. But I'm also running. I can run a 9.50 mile right now! And three miles in a row, but I run that slower.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:31 PM   #19  

Cowper, sorry to hear of your car's recent difficulties. Isn't that just how it always happens? when you could use a few extra $$'s for all the moving expenses, something major has to break. Don't let the Herbie get you down. He's just a necessary evil at this point.

Lohani, also extremely sorry to hear that DD will be sitting out all those fun teenager activities. Hope she's in the 50% that don't have a recurrence.

Cherry, you go girl, on the 174. Go do something nice for yourself. A massage sounds good.

DH is digging himself in deeper. He picked up the new boat today and left to go try it out without even telling me good bye. He bought me a bunch of lean cuisines so he thinks his cooking duties are all taken care of. I'm going to sit him down tonight and explain that I'm supposed to be eating lots of protein and fresh vegetables, and since I can't go get them myself, then he'd better do it or he's going to be a very unhappy camper. What very expensive item can I buy for myself, Lohani?

Thanks Muffie, for the good thoughts, actually I feel like I get more off my chest here than anywhere else! I don't know what I'd do without youz cows.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:43 PM   #20  

Default What I've learned from the Cows

KatyKow--
This group seems to know each other VERY well... and they assume everyone knows what they are talking about. Sometimes they don't... at least that's what I find out when I actually ASK. Think is, they are funny.... and more of them seem to be of a "certain age" than on some of the other forums, so I felt more at home here... Of course, some of them post under more than one name.... which took me FOREVER to figure out. D'oh. How stupid was I?!!

Plus they are not quite so over the top when it comes to the scales, weight lifting, counting points, etc. etc. It's about bovine friendship. And they are definitely charming and witty.

I was feeling poopy and vented on the journals... but am painting cows now. I'll show you when they/it/she's ready.

Wabby... so sorry your DH doesn't understand the Florence Nightengale routine. A sweet friend of mine is doing the same as you tomorrow.... AND her MD found some "nodule" on her LUNG as part of the work up prep.... As Cowie found out.. some times it's one dam' thing after another.

Cowie-- So sorry to hear about car and manipulative, unhelpful helper. AND I gather you are surviving, which means YOU ARE NOT DOWN AND OUT YET. Hooo Rah. I'm pulling for you.

LoHi.... sorry about daughter's condition and change in direction and expectations..... Bet she's on an emotional rollercoaster along with the rest of the family. I wish her (and the rest of your family) strength, courage and TENACITY for the challenges ahead.

Off to the paint pot.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:53 PM   #21  
loves kleenex box art

I am just SO FLATTERED TO FIND that Painty is painting a portrait Of MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But what is this "certain age" crap? Are we back to the dark and menopausal green shoe days?

On top of all this moving, car problems, ds's new school in another town ... I applied for THAT job which looks like it's not about to materialize. My friend who helped me get the loan for the house told me "they probably won't hire you because of your age." What little self-esteem I had (anyone read The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis? I was the the midget hanging onto the ladder and disappearing into it) was smashed by that helpful statement.

When I met Herbie, I lost weight and firmed p and looked and felt great. It took not eating and exercising. That seems so impossible now and WHILE I'm b****ing about him ... he prevented me from continuing that. Honestly. He insisted INSISTED on buffet breakfasts on weekends. The kind where there are hot bars and omelet bars and dessert bars and more. It blew the whole diet thing but he said "You can make it up." ANDDDDDD he wouldn't let me exercise. He said, "Wait and do it with me." and would be upset if I exercised without him yet he never wanted to. So I became a failure.

Katy, your job here is to skip this and not comment. And how nice to hear from Muffie. Always interested in being reminded she's not in jail at this time.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:02 PM   #22  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

I am getting bad press on ebay. Some woman tried to charge me $14 shipping and handling for a pair of dirtbike pants. I balked and now she's down to $10, which is reasonable. I know she's going to give me bad feedback...my life is ruined.

Who has two names? I have completely changed my identity. I used to be a jersey cow...Now I'm a Pakastani cow. I have a new accent which Peaches would probably describe as "not THAT harsh" isn't that how she described my voice all those years ago. In fact, I hate my voice...I just had to tape a new message for my voicemail and boy, is it horrible.

Cherry!!!!!!! Success!!!! Poor Bob. Did we know about this...what does the vet say? Have you tried Pilates? I like it. I never get to do it, but I like it. I can't believe three miles...amazing.

Wabby, jewelry is nice...so's clothing. Winter is coming. Maybe an extremely stylish coat? Maybe one of those three tiered diamond necklaces that will show off your new C's. The obvious punishment would be to cut him off, but in your condition I doubt that the mardi gras is coming to town anyway.

Are the cows in our honor???

We are fun, aren't we? Aren't you glad you stuck around? Some of us are more menopausal than others. If by a certain age you mean old hags...that is NOT true of our adorable Cherry or Sugar. Wabby is approaching the hill. But now that she isn't all saggy, she'll look like she's 19 again.

I just sent my ebay payment. Is she going to stiff me? I really want the pants...they are yellow and black and DS13 LOVES them.

There is no explanation for DD's knee. It starts as an arthritic condition but then develops nodules. I'm happy with the DR. He's at Children's in Phila and U of Penn. He talked to her...which is good. I hate when they talk past her to me...it makes it hard to take notes PLUS you know how irritated some women can be....you can imagine DD when she feels she's being treated like an idiot.

OOps the daily show is on...my favorite..bye
Old 08-20-2003, 07:49 AM   #23  
a work in progress...

KatyKow...I LIKE that!

Thanks for the welcomes...

In response to Bagzz's advice re: a thick skin...yes, I do have that...perhaps the layer of fat underneath helps to keep it that way...

I've been lurking enough to know that Cowpernia means business, so I will oblige her and just say "no comment."

For now...
Old 08-20-2003, 08:54 AM   #24  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I have nothing to say again. Just wanted to post from the office and confuse people. Well, nothing to say but I feel so frustrated with what is happening to my niece. The worst possible thing that can happen to any of us is for our children to be hurt.

Wabby, I'm glad you're good, too. Bathing suit pictures will be appropriate, I think.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:49 AM   #25  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!i LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!! at Katykow's very ASTUTE comment re our darling Cowpeachia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! high five there cowser!@!!!!!------------- the lushette is one lucky girl to have the best mommy on the eastern seaboard looking after her-[despite the girth of her sausages}PAINTY!!!!!----cherry and sugar are positvely babies---they have at least ten years before peri-mental awareness...............some of us are way too old to have children but we insisted on it anyway,like Joan, former Cow, Lunden.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:08 AM   #26  

Peachpie, bathing suit pictures of me would not be appropriate for any occasion. They can only work with what I've got, you know, and although parts of me are new and improved most of me is not. I'd be happy to send you the bikini picture of me in 1979 that DH still keeps posted up in his workshop amongst all his former car pictures. he he poor man. At least he's not one of those men who plaster their garage with bimbo pictures like my friends husband does.

Bad press on ebay, well your life is ruined. Worse than being on the front page of the Enquirer. A beautiful new winter coat sounds like a good idea. But somehow doesn't compare when we're talking payback for a $15,000 boat, now does it? I'm thinking new wardrobe. Too bad I'm the one who has to pay the bills around here. It makes me the responsible one. And no, the Mardi Gra ain't even thinking of coming to town for a long time.

I hate my voice too. It sounds so naselly. We should all take southern belle voice lessons from the southern Peach.

Bagzie are you still in the fog?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:13 AM   #27  

Bagzie! you must be out of the fog! I gotta admit Katykows comments just about made me spit out my coffee too! I think I like that girl.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:55 AM   #28  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
What very expensive item can I buy for myself, Lohani?
I'm thinking a live-in cook

I'm very impressed with your under 10 minute mile, Cherry! How do you stand the running in the heat? I went out for a little kayaking yesterday, paddled for about 45 minutes. It was lovely. It was choppier than usual so I had to pay more attention to the rudder than usual, but it was very enjoyable. And I'm getting better about getting out of the kayak! The last 2 times I went, I had to basically crawl out onto the dock (DD thinks this is hilarious, of course), so this time I managed to hoist myself out in a less embarrassing way (not that there's anyone to watch me, but hey, dignity is dignity).

We're a certain age? Oh nooooooooo! Anyway, I'm 22. Sometimes 30, but never more than that. Okay I'm 47, but you can't tell from inside here

Just to say, Pern is not exaggerating about Herbie. I can totally see him sabotaging your whole healthy routine. Killing you with "kindness" , basically. We all need partners that really encourage us, but how many really do? Even the most sympathetic, supportive spouses seem to have a way of unmotivating us. And some are downright damaging.

You know, Lohi, cats are not that good at doing Pilates. I don't think that will help Bob. Real bummer about DD's knee. Are they saying she can't do sports because it might make this recur, or because it won't heal enough for her to be really active? I know this must break your heart. I'm sure she will find a way to deal positively with it.

Later, switching computers.

Kiwi
Old 08-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #29  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i am out of the fog,but flylady made me time my computer surfing and my fifteen minutes are up----------------my house is a Cowtip
Old 08-20-2003, 03:02 PM   #30  
cow with the double chin

Talking

My sentence was shortened. I will leave it up to your imagination as to how I accomplished that!
Closed Thread