Old 10-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Smile Off with LBs in October for the Worldlies (OCT Thread)

Happy October!!!!!

GREAT title Annie - thanks for the suggestion

Got a meeting at the shelter this morning and then need to wrap up / close out some September business. Will be back later this afternoon.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-01-2015 at 09:26 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Bumping this to the top.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:07 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Back again to the new October Thread...

HAPPY....thank you very much for starting the new thread! You rock sister.

LAURA...I would think the college kids at the conference would be somewhat of brainiacs or mayby not. Ohhh, 35 cent wings. Are they boneless and skinless? I am not a fan of bones in chicken or skin on them, guess I am not a good candidate for wings. lol. I love steel cut oats, but never get the instant steel cut oats they are just awful. bleh.

SUSIE...Our medical plan offers $$ towards our HSA for physicals, mammos, paps and blood work. If you do all that you can earn up to 800 $$. Aunties and Nannas can spoil the wee ones as much as we want, yes indeed.

CHELLE...aw your poor nephew. Grown or not that obstruction can be very painful and miserable. Bless his heart. Good on you for going back to the bariatric way of eating. When will you find out about your MRI...Be careful on the jerky, it has a lot of sodium, could raise your BP. Hugs

Took C to Applebees for dinner, his choice. I had Thai Shrimp Salad, it had only 330+ calories in it. Water to drink. I did have one of Cs mozzarella sticks with marinarer sauce on it. I did pretty well with it.

We came home, he went out to the pond to fish with our neighbor and I did laundry and leftover dishes from C yesterday. Put some chicken, onions, potatos and mushroom in the crocker with teriyaki sauce to brew up today. DS and Michael are coming over for dinner tonight. What a treat.

Thats about it for me, make it a great day/evening.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #4  

Afternoon all. So annoyed. I’m running my quarterly reports and the same issue that’s been an issue for a while has arisen yet again, but with a couple new twists. Aaaargh. I’ll have to adjust my schedules manually to get to the right figures. Sigh. Just sent off an e-mail to our software folks. The data is fed from a vendor in a certain way and it’s not mapping into our system correctly. Whatever they are trying to do is making the issue worse.

End of rant.

Nothing much else to report. I wish that the conference had been at the end of the week because that’s what I was accustomed to in the past. The rest of this week has been dragging. And I have one of those boring and slow online compliance sessions to complete by tomorrow. Ugh.

Sorry I’m being such a whiner today. On to personals.

==

Happy – Thanks for setting us up with our new thread.

Annie – No, the wings weren’t boneless/skinless. I like them either way, but the ones with bone and skin sure are a mess to eat and of course are not healthy. Thankfully that’s not something we eat very often. Re steel cut oats – I love the texture of them and if I have to cook them a long time, so be it. I’ve never tried a quick-cooking version of steel cut oats. I’ve had the quick cooking rolled oats and don’t care for them. But I have them in the cabinet and should bake some oatmeal cookies so I use them up. What else can you use oats for besides oatmeal and cookies?

Terra – Thanks for posting the enchilada recipe. It’s different from other enchilada recipes - a lot of them have tomato-based sauces. This recipe looks like it would be creamy and yummy. I’m going to print it out and give it a go. I might use leftover shredded chicken from a Costco rotisserie chicken for the filling.

Hellos to the rest of you! Hope you’re having a good week.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #5  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

quick post....update on my nephew....

This morning they gave him some medicine to "flush him out" and if it didn't work, they were going to have to consider surgery. So far, he's had three BM's.

The doctor has ordered a bunch of tests for today, and though my nephew didn't say this, I would guess they'll do another cat scan or x-ray to see if EVERYTHING is moving through.

My nephew said that the next step if the obstruction is completely cleared out is to start him on a liquid diet. He's really thirsty, which makes sense as I don't think he's had anything to drink since Sunday (just IV fluids). But they haven't allowed him to have water or anything to eat/drink yet.

I'm still hoping and praying that his condition and functions will improve and that surgery won't be necessary.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Will get this done before my day goes west as yesterdays did. Spent a load of time getting the car serviced - nuisance since I am never home to drive the poor wee thing and it takes a huge amount of time and they had problems updating the software. Guess that is what happens when you buy an expensive, upmarket car. Anyway it is done now.

What else. Oh yes

My cold has got worse instead of better. I spend the night hours trying to turn myself inside out with coughing. I should have the best set of abdominal muscles in town when this is through. My chest hurts, my head hurts and now my back aches. Sure sign that that something is going down. I don't usually have back ache with a normal cold. Anyway I am off to the doctor this morning. I'll be asking for something to make me better or kill me off - anything to put me out of this misery.

Don't know whether I mentioned it or not, but DS2's car blew up (on the freeway) and caused him a lot of embarrassment (tv, police, etc) and misery since he doesn't have the money to replace the ute or the tools that he kept in the back. ( his words - Hey mum. I'm angry, depressed but worst of all, broke and embarrassed.) Mum to the rescue for a short term loan. In the long term, they may have to sell a house to get cash flow back on the straight and narrow. However I have persuaded them to keep the house and rent it out. Shift into my place and just pay off the utilities bills. So they have agreed to that until the Tennyson place is renovated enough for them to live in. So the house will be full - those two, two cats, the dog and me when I get back. With rules and tolerance we should cope - and at least I will get some jobs done around the house!!! Always a silver lining - right???

Meantime:

Annie - so sorry to hear of your personal trials. There has been so much go on in your life and you are such a loving but emotional person, that I am not surprised. However, you have faced up to it. You are a goddess! I am proud of you and you can beat this. It too will pass, but not without a fight.
I'm probably the least demonstrative and least addictive and least likely to form emotional attachments than probably anyone on this thread. I'm told I am stand offish and coolly detached. Most likely. But I can see things that many folk don't, understand a lot more than I give out, and can reach out when a friend needs a helping hand. My hand is out there for you to hold when you need it!

Laura - why is it that when the IT section try to solve the problem, they always seem to cause more? Good luck with the reports.

Michelle - Hope the nephew comes out of this just fine. It is so hard to sit back and watch people in pain. Hopefully this blockage/ obstruction will move shortly.

Susie - I hope the DH is doing well after his procedure. Such a shame that that afib didn't work for long enough for the heart to heal. Get you to the treadmill and walk off those worries and stresses girl. Exercise is a great way to move the body and the mind at the same time.

Dee - sure hope the immune system improves somewhat for you. Is there nothing they can give you to take to get it started in the right direction? As for your DH, think I might be up to some physical violence there. . No one should speak to you - or the dog - for that matter like that when none of it was your fault, unless of course, you consider requiring a blood transfusion your fault. And the hospital should be ashamed of themselves for not screening things properly. My blood got refused a while back because I had been to the dentist within a week of giving blood - or rather attempting to give blood. Here they test for everything including traces of drugs and booze before they release the stuff for use. I hear that more gets destroyed than actually used.

Happy - don't let those odd bods get to you at the shop. It annoys me that so many people start something good, then decided to play god and heaven help anyone who doesn't agree with them. One reason why I try not to get involved with 'good' causes. Enjoy these days of Autumn. Lovely time of the year. Get out and about as much as humanly and monetarily possible. You only live once and never really know when your 'passport' will expire.

Ceejay - only you can make the decisions to decide on your future. Only you will be living your future. Only you know when the time to stop and turn the retirement corner has come. Do nothing that will force you to go in one direction when you really want to go in another.

Terra - that chicken dish sounds nice if not exactly diet friendly. Maybe you could experiment at home with some low fat ingredients and see what difference that makes to the taste. No point in making it diet friendly if it doesn't taste good but if you can - for example - make half the cheese low fat and half ordinary cheese, you can generally get the flavour without the fat. Same goes for most things like that. Good luck with it anyway, and good luck with the weight loss journey. You know you can do it. Just have to do it more consistently.

Anyway - might be time to go get showered and ready for the doctor. Then it is a case of getting DS to where his new vehicle is ready and waiting apparently and coming back here to try to make some room for DS2 and his partner J. They have stuff coming out of their ears. I'm not sure I can fit it all into my small house and yard. Still something must be done to get them out of the whole they have dug themselves. I might have to do their books for them to get them back into the black. More work.

Back to Auckland tomorrow. Go-live starts on Monday. Meantime there is a full dress rehearsal on Sunday - god knows why.

Oh lordy, now I am out of tissues. See you.

Last edited by Shad; 10-01-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura & Annie ~ Your welcome for the recipe, I hope you like it. It also calls for green chilies but I dont like chilies so we dont add them when we make ours.

Shad ~ Yeah I dont think its diet friendly, 1st time mom made it I wasnt on a weight loss journey/dieting. I will use your suggestions though the next time we make it. Yes your totally right I need to stick to my 1200 calories and exercise, I need to do both more consistently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Everybody,

Happy Oct. Sept went by so fast, The months have been flying by lately. It will be Thanksgiving,Christmas and New Years before we know it. Does everyone have plans for Halloween yet? Scott and I are just gonna take turns handing out the candy to the kids and we will watch a few horror movies on Halloween night. I hope I havent been repeating myself with each new post. I dont mean too, Sorry if I have been.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF fo sho!!

Holy bat crap batman, I am freezing my McNuggets off in here today. Got the space heater running and all. It was a very cool morning outside, barely 50. Tomorrow's high is 60s with rain. bleh...

Last nights dinner was wonderful. Great time with brother, DS and hubby. Lots of laughs. Brother checked my sugar and DSs sugar and both were good. I go for the AC1 plus other blood work for my yearly in mid-October then November physical. I also have my re-check pap in November. If it comes back no change to the pre-cancerous cells again then I must decide to do the procedure over again in hopes of getting it all or just have a hysterectomy. Decisions, decisions.

Did 3 loads of laundry, dishes, stayed up way too late with DS talking (he stayed over) and chewing the fat about all sorts of things. He had his nut check up yesterday, all his numbers were good except the sperm count was still a little low. He is, so far, loving his new job that he started on Monday. Give it time. lol

SHADDIE...welcome back to the herd. Thank you for your support. Might say I am too soft and weepy and you are not so soft and straight faced. lol. We kind of even out the herd. That job should be coming to an end soon, shouldn't it? Oh my, DS and SO are coming to live with you, yikes that may take some adjusting, thank God you work takes you out of the home for periods of time. Hugs

TERRA...I usually turn my light off on Halloween and go over to Sissy's house and go trick or treating with the g-babes. It is always fun as the entire neighborhood goes together. Kids walk the sidewalk, adults walk in the street.

CHELLE...good news on the shoulder and repair for it. A lot easier than major surgery. Hoorah! Very glad to hear you nephew has had a "break through" so to speak. Keep us posted on the interview status.

LAURA...IT probs suck. Rarely can they figure it out in one shot. Our IT help is in Minnesota so everything is over the phone or give them control of our computer. Annoying!! No worries about whining, we all do it!! Sometimes it is fun to listen to others whine, makes us forget our troubles.

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies.

Hugs and make it a great weekend.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #9  

Morning all. TGIF!!!

I finished my quarterly schedules yesterday, but I still have to get through the compliance session. Today our department is going to lunch to celebrate my 20-year service anniversary.

Better get going on the compliance. Be back later.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

Happy anniversary Beautiful Laura!
Old 10-02-2015, 01:05 PM   #11  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Anniversary, Laura!! I love your profile photo. You are really lovely!
Old 10-02-2015, 01:25 PM   #12  
Creating a Healthier Me

I overslept today. I woke up about 5 minutes before 7, and I usually start work at 7. I got to work about 8:15 (not bad since the commute took about 45 minutes). I had to call into our daily conference call meeting that starts at 8....not a big deal since most people call in from home as the morning commute traffic is so bad. Anyway, I made it into work.

I don't have any set plans for this evening. I hope to go to the dog park and/or go walking with a friend.

At around noon yesterday, my nephew told me the "flush him out" liquid worked. He still wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything though and they were going to probably run some more tests.

I called him yesterday on my way home from work, but he wasn't up to talking. He probably wasn't feeling very good. I hope to be able to talk with him today...and/or hear that he's being released from the hospital. Obviously they won't send him home until he can at least tolerate a clear liquid diet.

To continue with medical updates...I got some great news late yesterday afternoon. The orthopedic doctor just emailed me. She got the MRI results (less than 24 hours after my MRI). My rotator cuff is a little bit frayed...but not torn. I just have the calcium deposit. She's recommending arthroscopic surgery to remove the calcium deposit. The next step is to talk with the surgeon about the surgery, and I have a consult appointment with the surgeon for Tuesday morning.

Gotta go for now.

Much love to all,

Last edited by diyana; 10-02-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:44 PM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

Howdie all...

Just about to leave for my dentist appointment. Oh boy, getting the permanent crown put in. Hope they numb my fact up real good. lol. I am sure she will as she is all about comfort of the patient.

Getting my hair colored tonight (Sissy). DS is stopping by also. Mostly because he left all his stuff at my house from last night. Tomorrow morning is AA meeting and then picking Sissy up to go to BedBathandBeyond, she needs to exchange duplicates for other necessary items and I need to get bags for my kitchen trash. I think I will put chili in the crock pot tomorrow. With all this cool weather and rain, it just sounds delish. Sunday is church and a meeting, that is about it.

CHELLE...good news about nephew and your shoulder. Amen.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Old 10-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #14  

I’m back…

Shad – Thank goodness your son wasn’t injured! What happened, did he lose all the engine oil??!! Anyway – WOW - what a change to come for all of you. How do all the furries get along at the moment, assuming Sunday has been with DS2 in your absence? But you’re right – there’s a silver lining to it. Get a list of all the projects going, lol. I’m sorry you’re not over your cold yet. The non-stop coughing phase seems to linger on forever. Bleh.

Terra – Yes, the end of the year snuck up on me too! Halloween is right around the corner. We have no specific plans yet, but a friend was hinting around about a party. I know my bf and I aren’t interested in hosting one…maybe we’ll just be at home to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters. We’ve talked about watching some of the classic horror movies I’ve never seen.

Annie- Sounds like you had a wonderful family dinner last night. And chili sounds so good to me now that we’ve had very fall-like weather. I might go to BBB this weekend as well. One of the gift cards I chose with my service anniversary gift was for BBB. I want to get one of those squishy anti-fatigue runners for the kitchen. Hope the dentist appointment is painless.

Michelle – I’m glad your nephew is on the mend. Good news about your shoulder – no invasive surgery.

Hey Ceej –Where’ve you been? Hope everything’s good with you and that you’re having a good weekend.

Hellos to the rest of you!
--
Nothing much to report. Yesterday we had rotisserie chicken and grilled corn. The corn I bought from a different farmers market booth was less chewy than the other booth I've bought it from the past two times. Maybe it had less sugar? We have another two ears from a third booth, so we’ll see how that compares.

This morning I had a nectarine at home, and decided I’d pick up a bagel on the way to work. So then I decided to get a chai tea as well. Well, dunkin donuts sells vanilla chai. Okay, fine. Then I figured I’d made a bad choice – someone after me in line got dusted with some powdered gunk accidentally by a dd employee. When she asked what it was they’d tagged her with, they said it was vanilla chai powder. Oh great - powdered drink mix. So I didn’t have great expectations. And when I finally took a couple sips, it was lukewarm and way too sweet.

Since that was undrinkable, I decided to make tea with my own teabag as I usually do most days and just add a little bit of the chai to the my tea to flavor/sweeten it. Meh. Oh well.

Lunch with my department was fine - until I had to visit the restroom halfway into lunch….and again right after we got back to the office. Then I realized it was that !@#$% vanilla chai that was the cause. Yup, ordering that dd vanilla chai was a bad decision all around, from the poor woman who got doused with the powder to my unpleasant experience. Live and learn.

Nothing going on this weekend. In the yard, I hope to cut back the rest of the phlox, and I may as well take out the veg garden while I’m at it. I don’t know if I’ll be able to dig out any hydrangeas – I dunno if the bees will be gone after the cooler weather we’ve had…it’s not like we’ve had frost yet. They could still be around.

There’s a craft beer festival bf thought we might go to with friends tonight but he decided the weather would be a bit too chilly for his liking. I’m fine with that. I’m not a beer fan, let alone drinking cold beer outside in the cold. Hot spiced cider by an indoor or outdoor fire is another matter...

Okay, I’ll get this posted and back to work. TTFN.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:55 AM   #15  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Annie ~ Thats cool that you guys go to your sister's house go trick or treating with the kids and the whole neighborhood.

Laura ~ Yeah I wouldnt want to host the party either. What decade of classic horror movies are you guys gonna watch? I dont know which horror movies we're gonna watch. My favorite is Nightmare On Elm St. but I like also Friday The 13th, The Halloween movies are okay but they arent a fav.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning Guys and Gals,

Its almost 8 a.m. here, I've been up since 4:00 a.m. I'm gonna work out for a hour at 9. I have to get ready to go to lunch with my friend at 10 a.m. and then I gonna start watching for my bus at 10:30. I'll be back home between 2:30 and 3 p.m. today. We might go to Dillions today when I get back home. If we dont go today we'll go tomorrow. We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow. I'm gonna clean the bathroom before I work out this morning. Take Care Everybody.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote