Old 10-19-2015, 08:11 AM   #91  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

GOOD MORNING...great day to be alive and sober....

Yes home on Friday evening and back to work. Feeling great this morning. Could of slept a little longer. I did stay in bed an extra hour and was still on time and took my leisure getting ready and getting here. I only have 4 additional pills I have to take due to my heart. I will do it with a smile on my face. Funny how a heart attack can put things into perspective. My diet is now low carb, low to no salt, no fats, that is about it. I am doing ok in that department. I didn't eat really bad anyway. We all know my issue is the exercise, just when I start to move and do something, wham, heart attack. See exercise and no alcohol is not good for you. haha. My bag of clothes and ankle brace (from the ortho doc) very expensive, was somehow "lost" in the transition from 3 different rooms. Hope to recover the cost somehow. Might be my biggest challenge yet.

MOSTLY....thank you all for you love, support, prayers, good thoughts and for being the best sisters and chick could ever wish for. Major hugs.

SUSIE...great job on the loss. Proud of you sister.

CEEG...good thoughts for you Uncle on heart issues.

TERRA...happy birthday tomorrow, sorry but I didn't get a card in the mail as planned. CELEBRATE!!

LAURA...extra steps to the break room is good for you!!

DEE...not dressing up for Halloween. Will take the walk with the gbabes when they go. Jacob is going as Super J...lol and Sam is dressing Royce as Chucky. Should be cute.

HAPPY...no stairs, nothing over 10 lbs. lifting for two weeks, low carb, no salt, no fat diet. Food will be no problems cause I was pretty good about that in the first place. Next up is cardiac rehab.

CHELLE...See you are still busy as ever! Good for you, take time to rest.

SHADDIE...are you home from that wretched job yet?

Make it a great
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #92  

Morning all. Quick post right now to say hello and to request your good vibes and prayers for bf's mom - she's scheduled to get a pacemaker this morning. Thanks girls! Be back after my 10 am meeting.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #93  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...huge huge huge prayers going up for you MIL.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:42 AM   #94  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A very quick good morning....

Work is crazy as ever...with our website launch in less than 2 weeks and so many bugs to fix. Had a fun weekend...but now it's time to get down to business.

====================

Annie - I'm glad you're feeling well. Sending you lots of love and big hugs sweet sister. I hope you're able to recover your clothes and brace...or at least the cost to replace the stuff.

Susie - Congrats on the weight loss!

Ceejay - Saying prayers for your uncle.

Laura - What a coincidence, I've been thinking a lot about making and bringing soups/chili for lunch and thinking about getting a wide mouth thermos too. Your Egg Roulette sounds like fun! I'm sure the Make a Wish girl had fun. This morning I shared an adorable video on FB of a 3 year old who got so very upset when she heard Adam Levine got married. The video the mom took of her daughter went viral, and Ellen DeGeneres invited the girl and mom on her show...and she had Adam Levine on as well. Really, really sweet.

Shad - Are you done with the horrible job or still working like crazy?

Donna - I heard Milwaukee was expecting snow over the weekend? Not sure if they got any because I wasn't on FB much. Did you get any snow?

to Dee and Terra.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #95  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - I'm keeping your bf's mother in my prayers. Hoping everything goes well.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #96  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ceejay52 ~ Oh okay, I only have one Zumba DVD so far which is the beginner one

Susie ~ Yes I did have a busy day and today is the start of another busy week.

Annie ~ Thank You for wishing me a happy birthday for tomorrow

Michelle ~ Hi, How are you doing? I hope your doing good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 4:45 a.m. Its now 10:05 a.m. I have cooking class today I dont have to start watching for my bus until 10:40 so I have awhile yet before I have to go outside to wait. When I get home tonight around 4:30 I'm gonna do my Zumba dvd. I might do VB's dvd too. Tomorrow I have a busy day too. After mom gets off work we're gonna go to her bank and then we're gonna go to the Transit center to get my picture taken for a discounted bus pass in case I dont pass the physical test in Jan. to cont. to use the para transit bus. Then Mom and I might go to the buffet for my birthday dinner. My birthday is tomorrow. I turn 31. We might wait until Sunday though cause Mom's gums might be still sore from going to the dentist. She got new dentures and they are rubbing sore spots on her gums. I dont mind if we have to wait until Sunday or if we go tomorrow I'll be happy either way. Anyway I hope everyone has an awesome start to the week.

Last edited by Terra1984; 10-19-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #97  

I’m back. During our meeting the boss mentioned looking at our performance goals to make sure we're on track to meet them. Bleh.

Hi Terra. Glad you’re feeling better. I hope you get your workouts in this week. We all have to make exercise a high priority in our lives! Happy birthday a day early!!

Ceejay – I have a fitbit Flex. Do you tie the wristband to your shoelaces? For the egg Russian roulette, employees could nominate any employee to be a participant for $10, and then employees could pay $5 (or was it $2?) to vote for that person. The 6 people with the most votes were the participants. Most were upper management employees….cuz who doesn’t want to see the big bosses smash eggs on their heads, LOL. I’m sorry to hear about your uncle’s heart problem. I certainly hope something can be done about it.

Susie – How do you attach your fitbit to your shoe? I’m just curious if you leave it in the wristband (assuming you have a Flex), or if you take it out of the wristband. Re the thermos food container – I did a search and found a Thermos brand one that looks like it’s high quality. Here’s a link, hope it works:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

Re snow boots, Totes was the other brand I saw coming up in my searches online for wide width snow boots. The ones I ordered arrived on Saturday and I tried them on a couple times, the 2nd time with thicker socks. The length and width are alright, but now I’m rethinking the lace-up style. Since these are a bit taller of a boot than I currently have, it seems like it might be a bother to get the boots laced up to proper tightness in the right spot (at the ankle) to get them fitting the way I want. I have some shorter boots and those are easy to lace the way I want. So now I’m rethinking a zipper style, which I was avoiding because I had a pair of boots in which the zipper was stiff and would get stuck... Let me know what you think of your Totes, and if you can let me know what style you bought, I’d appreciate it. --- Congrats on the weight loss!!! ---Good luck with your meeting with your bosses today.

Annie – Yes, I’m sure this was a wake-up call for you and you have a new view of things...such as: a relatively small amount of time spent exercising is well worth it to be able to be around for your hubby, kids, grandkids, and friends. What kind of exercise are you going to be doing now – 30 minutes of something each day? Oh, wait, I see you mentioned you’ll be doing cardiac rehab – assume that’s at the hospital or another PT facility? Bummer about your missing clothes/ankle brace. I hope those turn up for you. Is there some kind of claim you can file or at least have the lost and found people be on the lookout? They couldn’t have just vanished into thin air…

Michelle – I hope you’ve gotten past the cold now. Good luck on this final pre-launch push. Haha, I bet that video is cute…I’ll have to take a look.

Happy & Dee – Did you get snow in your areas? Too early!! Hopefully it was to the east of both of you.

Shad – Is there a countdown yet for the end of this job? Seems like you’ve been going full speed at it forever!

--
I typed a post on Saturday evening but it got lost. Lately when I try to post on my cell phone via the 3fc mobile site, I have to log in to the 3fc site, but after a bit it wants me to log in again. I don’t know if that’s because I time out or what, but if it does that while I’m typing a post, I’m out of luck. I have to remember to copy my posts before I hit that “submit reply” button. And on my work computer, more and more websites (incl 3fc) don’t work properly because my company hasn’t updated the version of Internet explorer being used. So I took matters into my own hands and installed Firefox to use for some of the “problem” sites. Sssh, don’t tell! (BTW, not having the problem with 3fc on FF that I was having with IE. Yay.)

Saturday morning I got out and trimmed the hydrangea bushes close to the ground. Out of 5 overgrown bushes, I managed to dig out 3 of them. I’m glad to have made good progress on this project, especially before leaf-raking becomes the next project. In spite of the previous night’s frost, I still saw one or two bees buzzing nearby, so I didn’t start digging out the two remaining shrubs because that’s the area where the bees were seen. Maybe next Sunday I’ll finish the job.

After using the hedge trimmer and other garden tools Saturday my hands were sore and my forearm muscles were fatigued. I should do some grip exercises to strengthen my hands and forearms.

Nothing special about the weekend. I got in the usual dog walks, and several loads of laundry. Bought some dog food at a store with a $5 store coupon and a $2 manufacturer’s coupon, whoo! Sunday I copied another Body Electric workout from an old VHS tape onto the hard drive of our DVR unit, and I exercised to it while it recorded.

Tonight’s Pilates class. That’s about it for me. TTFN.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #98  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm still here. Not working crazy hours - well not much anyway. I generally end up so tired that I am drifting off to sleep over my supper - or breakfast depending on the shift that I am currently doing.

I worked out today that I have 8 more days in the job. I suspect they will ask for another extension but I don't think it is necessary. More necessary to go home and pick up my life.

Better go and check out the nightshift for the last time. My lot are doing okay. Some of the others are not.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Dee
I have a clip on my fitbit. not sure how you would strap a flex on your shoe.

Shad
I bet you will be glad to get home and stay there.

Laura
Sending good vibes and prayers your way for bf's mother.

Annie
Wow can't believe that you are back to work. I'm calling my insurance company tomorrow to find out if I have to have a referral to have a stress test done.

Happy
Are you entertaining your sister this week?

-------
Not much going on today. The guys have gotten things ready to start taking the aerator apart in the morning. I dread this. Thankfully they have chosen the fall of the year when people are not using to much water. They can't bypass this as it is the first of the process. L tried to do a well survey but didn't get the math correct. It's part of the job and she has to learn. I'm making her out a cheat sheet.
I text my friend this morning to see if she or her step daughter could take me to have my eyes dilated. She said that she would. She hasn't driven in a while but I'm sure she will do okay. It's been to hot for her to get outside. She has to drive herself to an appointment the day before my appointment.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #100  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Yeah I'm glad I'm feeling better too. Yes I agree everyone that is trying to lose weight needs to make working out a high priority. Thanks for wishing me a Happy Early Birthday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Evening Everyone,

I had a good day today. I tried something new today, I had 100% Whole Wheat sandwich slims, I thought it was going to be nasty but it actually wasnt bad. We had hamburgers, Strawberry Yogurt with Granola and chocolate chip cookies. I asked my cooking class teacher if we could start a Nutrition class after cooking class and She said Yes so next Monday will be the first day of the Nutrition class. I hope everyone has an ON PLAN DAY!!!! Take Care Everybody.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:08 PM   #101  

Height: 5'7"

Terra: I am wishing you a very Happy Birthday just a bit early in case I don't get here on Tuesday.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Laura: How did your BF's mother do with the pacemaker surgery?

When I put my fit bit on my shoe it is in the band and I just loop the band through the laces. I'll try to take a picture to show you.
My boots are the Totes Evette Women's Quilted Waterproof Winter Boots. I have them in black and I ordered them from Kohls.

The link to the thermos worked..it looks sturdy and what you are looking for.

Annie: How are you feeling after working all day?

Shad: Good for you for planning on going home in 8 days and getting your life back!

Ceejay: Why do you dread the guys taking the aerator apart?

Hi Michelle, Happy and Dee!

So, I'm not sure what to say about the meeting on my work plan today. We went over the things I do and how long it takes for me to do them. Their calendars are a huge part of it. They were shocked what it takes me to do their calendars and keep them straight. They want me to find a way to help with the productivity of that.

They feel that I do my job very well but want me to find new and innovative ways to improve processes. Of course I smiled and said that I will talk with my mentors and seek ways that I can do that.

What I'm going to do tomorrow is count up how many recurring meetings they have a year and then how many other meetings are on their calendars that aren't recurring meeting (I will do that from the first of this calendar year until the end of the year) and then from there until the end of this year, I will track how many times I have to move a meeting, delete a meeting, put on a new meeting. It will all be logged and they will get that, so they can see what sort of time it takes to keep this all straight and them in the right places, prepared with pre-reading documents and other info.

I think I have been in the role to long and it's time to move on. I have been watching the internal job postings. I know at sometime something else will come along.

I will not lie, I am upset and just want to throw a hissy fit and I so want to cry, as I am hurt and mad.

Not once did they offer to take something off my plate. No, they told me to find a way to give myself back time. At this time I average a 109.38% work load!!! How am I supposed to find time and energy to figure out how to do something different?!

Maybe it will all look better in the morning. I'm going to bed now.

Good night my friends!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 10-19-2015 at 10:10 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:16 PM   #102  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good Evening girls

Annie, What r U doing w being back to work already @ your job today Unreal, I thought they ran a cardiac catheter/roto-rooter into your arteries & to me that sounds like pain also in your woo-woo area & hurtful sitting @ your desk so soon Did the surgeon do that to U or do they now have a magical way to get to your heart now to unblock the arteries without using a catheter type object? I know how this has affected your entire family, there's only 1 of you....

Laura, Yep we got a dusting of snow on Saturday morning that melted when it touched the ground In the mid 60's all this week! I looked @ your Thermos & 16 oz. is a really nice size for soups, etc. on Amazon. My Dh has & uses the same steel coffee Thermos from his first job 30 yrs ago; quality never goes bad. I own 5 pr. Lamo winter suede boots (different heights/colors I bought the last 3 years), soo warm & looks like Ugg but cost half. I size up a whole size in Lamo because they're so plush/warm inside & the wide footbed is like wearing my fav slippers, I use a short pair for snow shoeing because their soo warm, yet light weight. I can't wear cheap footwear w my arches & my toes need wiggle room How did your BF's mom do w her surgery, my mom also had a pacemaker, U could actually feel it inside her chest. I hope this resolves her heart issues.

Terra, Happy 31 Years

Shad, It's time for U to b @ home & take care of U... Your boss will really appreciate your work ethic when you're gone & if U ever return there I'm sure she'll b so much nicer to U. I hope your Ds has been taking care of your home 'above' your expectations

Susie, on your Loss @ Tops! Girl w all U have going on @ work, U could hire a lady from church to come tidy-up your home a couple of times a month & give Susie a well-deserved rest. But @ least home cleaning is another form of exercise & it gives us a sense of accomplishment Plus reorganizing what we all misplace. If we ride our stationary bikes several times weekly, we will both strengthen our bad knee & we could do a 5k walk next spring or fall. I agree with U, those ppl r soo abusing their power by pushing U sooo hard & when U looked @ the other job postings, your self-esteem & happiness told U that its time for a change. It sounds like Dh & I need to take a road trip this winter down your way after the holidays r over to cheer-up my little sister

Ceej, How did your weekend go after U got your eye doctor news? I'm sorry about your Uncle, but @ his age he has been very Blessed. Thank you for your email Wow little sister, I just saw your steps for this week & I'm Proud of U I'm hopeful that this will b encouraging to me during the winter months if my body/health slows down, to get moving & b active like U did this week.

Chelle I'm hoping U have 'as good of a work week' as your weekends have been recently

Happy, Thanks for the info about D. Abbey, I thought I'd probably missed the season finale opening. I agree about Halloween now, back years ago it was fun w the kids imaginations, instead of how it is today. Scary w the evil in this world that we don't know who the kids/adults can trust now; the worst that ppl did years ago was; t-p trees, throw eggs, put Exlax inside the chocolate treats & poo in burning paper bags on porches. Did U see my post asking U to post a few of Eric's photos on your profile page here

Girls I got my Fitbit Charge today & I set it up tonight. I'll PM U w my email if U want to b on my friends list-dashboard for fun & encouragement. If U don't want to join me, my feelings won't b hurt. I cut-off the top 2" band of stretch-elastic of a knee-high stocking & I cut a opening in the band & inserted my Fitbit into it & it made a really nice sleeve to wear over my ankle to walk & to peddle my bike The only problem I'm having is uploading a profile pic & I made it small 25KB JPG, I'll try again tomorrow.

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Dee
I'm glad I'm getting friends on my fitbit. Makes me work even more hard. I'm active at work. But getting in my active minutes is more hard. I've been making myself walk ten minutes at work and then ride my bike for 10 minutes when I get home.

Susie
The reason I dread the aerator being down is that I can operate the plant. They are working on taking the insides out now so maybe it won't be long. It's a nasty job. We have iron in our water which will be a nasty mud once all of the excess is cleaned out. They have me blocked from going downstairs but my boss told me this morning that I could operated the plant if needed. They bypassed the aerator.

-------
Past couple of days my stomach has been giving me fits. Like something is inside punching me. Think it may be my ulcer acting up. I'm taking the Zantac again.
I'm loving these cooler days.
Coming home from church Sunday a small deer ran out in front of me. Those things can run.
More later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-20-2015 at 08:53 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:55 AM   #104  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning All....

TERRA...happy, happy birthday, even though I told you yesterday, keep on celebrating!!

Well let me tell you, I was wiped out last night. I ate some yogurt and went to bed. Went to sleep at 6 pm and woke up at 6 am. 12 hours with only on potty run and Sass Sue out. 5 minutes max. lol. Of course I feel wonderful right now, but am sure to be wiped out again tonight. So nothing to report from last night except staking some Zzzzz. Although I did get up to more weightloss. Down 6 lbs since last Tuesday. Funny when you micro-watch your food intake, no sodium, no fats, low carbs, how very fast the weight comes off.

Did you know the only low sodium cheese is swiss? That is if you just pick from regular cheese and not already promoted low in sodium cheese. PSA, you're welcome. lol

DEE...the catheter went in through my wrist instead of my groin. Less recovery time, hence back to work already. I am glad, cause I am out of PTO and have to take 6 hours of no pay already. Come on January 1st and more PTO days. I think back to about 30 years ago and I would of just had a heart attack and died, at 55 years old. WOW how times have changed.

SUSIE...I guess when we ever do go to King's Island, I will be the Nanna that stands on the side and holds bags. LOL. Cept there will be no babies. I feel great today, was very tired last night after a full day of work. Thanks for asking. So sorry your meeting didn't go as planned. Taking the workload off of you wasn't really what they were after. WHEN you find that new position, they will sweat their balls off cause they had no idea how much you keep it together for them. Chin up girl, the balls are in your court, now squeeze them and make them feel the hurt! lol.

SHADDIE...definitely don't extend, this has been hard on you, work wise and health wise, def not worth your health.

LAURA...How is MIL doing? Still praying. I cannot start exercising for two weeks. Yes the rehab with with a hospital facility. Still waiting on them to call me. If they have not by Monday, I will call them. Somehow I would just feel safer being monitored during the first part of exercising. Heart attacks are NOT fun!

CEEG...good idea to get that stress test, especially since you have the insurance and not retired yet. Go do it sister.

CHELLE...hope work is not driving you completely crazy. Thanks for the extra hugs and love, one can always use them.

Best get busy, can't even tell you how stinkin' far behind I am.

Love hugs and good health!
Old 10-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #105  

Morning all. Happy Tuesday.

Thanks for the prayers and good vibes for bf’s mom. I hope this resolves her issues. Her procedure went well, except that she was scheduled for it at 11:00 am and she didn’t have it until 2:30 pm!! Unfortunately she felt poorly afterwards – nausea due to the anesthesia. She’s supposed to be discharged from the hospital this morning. I hope they are somewhat prompt with that, but I know discharges are low on the priority list…

Shad – Glad your hours are less crazy – the number of them anyway. That night shift stuff must be difficult, especially if you’re alternating with day shift. Glad you’re not going to extend your contract. It’ll be good for you to get back home again.

Terra – Happy Birthday!! If your birthday dinner gets put off until the weekend, at least you get to stretch out the celebrating. I use those whole wheat deli thins for sandwiches, and I like them. A lot of the regular breads seems to have large size slices, which I don’t like. It’s great that you’ll be having a nutrition class after your cooking class.

Susie – Thanks for the boot info. And I will probably try to get the next pair I try through a store where I can return them in person and save on shipping charges for the return (if necessary). I live about a mile away from a Kohl’s store, so that’s really convenient. ---I’m sorry the meeting didn’t go well for you. Good for you seeking out other internal employment options – life’s too short to be scrambling the way you do to keep up with that heavy workload! If it was occasional, that might be different. But it seems like it’s not.

Dee – PM’d you my info. See you on Fitbit! Glad the snow didn’t stick around!! We’re having nice weather this week too. I’m glad we’re having a lovely October. I had a pair of Ugg slippers and they were just so warm and comfortable. I loved them and wore them forever. (I replaced them with another brand and I kind of regret it, but Ugg didn’t have a bootie/moccasin style, just the scuffs and I want to try something that would cover my heels.) Anyway… much as I like Uggs, I don’t know how a suede boot would hold up to my work commute. I definitely need something waterproof to stand up to the snow and slush. And a removable insole would be good because I might need to switch it out for my orthotic if I’m wearing them a lot.

Ceejay – Good for you with the exercise. I will soon be putting away the bike and walking between home and the train station, so I will be increasing my steps. I don’t like doing the stairs at work, but I might just try to get back to walking up and down a few flights on a regular basis. Sorry your stomach is bothering you. Hope the zantac helps.

Annie – Well, I’m glad you’re getting good sleep! You’re probably still catching up from your hospital stay. I hope it’s not the new meds making you tired. When do you have a follow-up appointment with your doctor? Enjoy your two weeks with no exercise, and yep, probably a good thing to be monitored when you get started!

Happy – I imagine you’re consumed with the shelter software training and implementation. Hope it’s going well!

Hi Michelle! Hope you’re taking care of those bugs.
--
As I rode the train home from work last night, I was sort of hoping bf wasn’t home yet so that I would be the one to have to walk the dog, and then I might have to skip my Pilates class. But nope, bf texted me during my commute that he was heading home. So I went to Pilates.

We had a substitute instructor and that made me wish again that I’d had to skip class. She was a yoga instructor, not a Pilates instructor and we ended up doing yoga for more than half of the class. And I suppose that would have been alright if she was a good instructor. But she was a dipsh*t and I didn’t like her teaching style, so I confess to watching the clock throughout class. Oh well, I did sweat a lot, so I know it was a good thing I went. Especially after skipping class last week.

No movie tonight, for whatever reason it was cancelled. Fine by me, I’ve kind of shifted to going only monthly anyway.

That’s about it for me. Everyone have a great day.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-20-2015 at 11:51 AM.