Old 10-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #61  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Good Evening Guys and Gals,

Went to bed at 8 p.m. last night, Got up at 4 a.m. but I went back to sleep at 6 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. and even then I didnt want to get up but I had too cause I start my new cooking class today. I need to start watching for my bus at 10:40 a.m. I'll be back home at 3 at the latest and 2:30 at the soonest. Tomorrow I dont go anywhere, I'm gonna sweep and mop the bathroom floor and I'm gonna do my new Zumba dvd too. Wed. I have DA4A Lunch and Bingo between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and Peer Support from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday I have Music and Movement class from 2 to 4 p.m and then after Thursday I wont go anywhere again until Sunday. I hope everyone has an ON PLAN day. Take Care All.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:03 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Sounds like you had a good week end also. Gonna find a place that gives massages. I need one.

Terra
You will be busy this week also. I may get out my Zumba DVD this week end.
--------
Cleaned up the kitchen when I got home last night. Tonight I will clean the living room and do a load of laundry. Trying to get to bed earlier but I woke up earlier this morning.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #63  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies...

Guess I didn't make it back yesterday to finish my post. It is crazy here. Had to go to a closing for work about 35 miles north of my house this morning, didn't make it into the office till 10:45. This day will zoom by quickly.

Fixed Italian sausage cream sauce with cheese tortelini. Very tasty. DS stopped by and of course he always eats with us. Made garlic bread and a salad to go with. Then was off to a meeting, got home around 8:30, finished the laundry and went to bed. Was about 10:15 before I got into bed.

Crap will try to come back this afternoon to do personals. This dang job will be the death of me.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #64  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Girls I don't know what to say right now, my life & body r still messed up I stopped by & read about your wonderful lives a few times & I didn't have happy stuff to contribute so I haven't posted.

Our health insurance changed on October 1 @ Dh's company. My adult entire life I've had a awesome Blue Cross/Blue Shield coverage during both my marriage's companies. My hubby said this insurance lacks several things including some RX coverages. I'll b checking prior to our RX refills in a few weeks to see our new co-pays & which RX's r excluded. Funny thing about my needle biopsy in February, that breast has been in daily pain for almost a month now soo unfair to have that going on because I haven't been indulging in chocolate or coffee/tea that can irritate breast tissue.

I'm Happy that everyone here is doing Great w their Wonderful lives If U see ppl today that r looking sad, pLease share a Compliment & a Smile or a Hug w them, because life can b really hard... "Hello" to everybody

Happy, How about putting a few pics of Dh's photography on your profile page

Annie, Blessings to U for your Commitment to AA that's saving soo many lives w Courage & faith, "Thank You Jesus" for your wisdom & grace.

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:18 PM   #65  

Morning all.

Happy – I suppose if you need to meet the requirements of a grant, it’s important to get that software up and running. It’s just too bad that the timing is poor for you. Good luck with that, and don’t worry about getting here to post. Enjoy your sister’s visit.--- Re SS – I should think it would be a long while before any great change comes for SS benefits. There are way too many baby boomers depending on it right now and in the coming years and the politicians would be loathe to want to even try and take that away or make any material changes to it. In the meantime – big decision for you, and it’s not always as obvious as it seems given everyone’s individual circumstances. --- I get how it can be to have a sentimental attachment to things, but I think helping my mom out back in August made me understand how difficult it is once there’s a long-time accumulation (for them it was the 20+ years they’ve been in their house in MO). And even if there’s no sentimental attachment there’s the regret over all the stuff that was bought and not used, or bought in duplicate, triplicate, etc. because of disorganization. My personal burden is keeping paperwork too long. And not even as evidence of purchase/ownership, but stupid stuff like keeping utility bills on hand once they’ve been paid. Why??? At one time I thought I might want to compare our usage from year to year. Now it sounds so ludicrous. So I think now when I’ve paid an electric, gas, or water bill, I’ll just toss the statement into the shredding bag right away. Now to keep myself from thinking I should at least keep them a year…---Sounds like you had a good weekend, but that does sound like a really long time to be riding on the ATV. And ick to all those Asian beetles!!! Hope they “went away” with the cold overnight temps.

Terra – You have a busy week going. I hope you enjoy the Zumba workout dvd. Take it slow and don’t be impatient to become an expert at it.

Shad – How long will you have to work the nightshift? That would be a difficult adjustment if it’s an overnight shift. Smaller size clothing is a good thing. Abalone is pretty. For as long as I can remember, my mom has had a small keepsake box covered in abalone shell. I came across a photo frame in abalone and gave her that as a gift several years back. I bet the paua print/color blouse is beautiful.

Ceejay – Good that you’re okay with working until 2017. (Not surprised your boss is happy with that at well.) And now you can shelve the moving decision for a while. I hope that your stress level decreases. Stress is a big risk factor in many illnesses! Is the eye dr appointment for your cataract surgery?

Annie – Sounds like you had a good weekend. So nice of you and your neighbors to help out the couple injured in the motorcycle accident. There seems to be a website or software application for everything now! I might be going to see the movie “The Martian” tonight. Wow, that dinner sounded fabulous!!

Dee – I hope the new insurance coverage doesn’t cut out anything that’s important for you and DH. Everyone’s life isn’t wonderful all the time…and I know I’m not always sharing everything when my life’s not all sunshine and roses, LOL. Some days we whine and/or rant and others we don’t. And some days we need to stretch to find something positive to say. But if we really give it some thought, there’s always something for which we can be grateful. ( Maybe for November we can post things we’re grateful for.) We love to hear from you, no matter what, so don’t be a stranger!

Michelle – I hope your cold went away. Good idea not to tax your immune system if you’re still feeling under the weather. Good luck with the interview today. As a dog lover, the organization itself sounds like a great match for you!

Hi Susie! Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!
==

Nothing much to report from here. Another blustery day today, but cooler.

Time to post!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #66  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick post unfortunately since it always seems to be that I run out of time even though I think that I have the entire day to prepare. I don't!

My nightshift is really afternoon shift. I start at around three and go to Midnight or a bit longer, however I am usually in the office around 1.30 to catch up on the days problems and do some documentation. Update stuff and all that.

This morning I need to go shopping to get some vegetables in - The fridge is bare and since I am taking my dinners to work I need to get something that I either eat cold (like last nights Caesar Salad) or can warm up in the microwave and I had better get some laundry to wash while I am out there doing that.

I am reading the posts, but for the time being there isn't time to do personals. Maybe when I get back, maybe sometime tonight if it stays quiet.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #67  

Dee
Sigh on the insurance woes. We have BC/BS at work now but it only pays for 80%. We are responsible for the other 20%. Hope you feel better soon.

Laura
Yes, this eye doctor's visit is concerning my cataracts. I need to be closer to my relatives so they can take me to and from the surgery if and when it's scheduled. And have a place to re coop. Jonesboro is only a 20 minute drive from Paragould. I will basically have to do the exam again but it's okay.

Shad
That shift is not bad. More quiet if and when the bosses are not around.

------
Doing surveys on the pumps and motor's this month. I run each one for an hour to see if they match with the master meter numbers. Have one that is a little lower today than normal. I'm still in a weird mood but better than before. Trying to put things behind me.
A weird phone call this afternoon. The person stated that he was from the IRS and that they have found discrepancies on my returns. H and R block files my short form each year. I added them to the auto reject list and told myself that if they wanted they could come and arrest me. I would have free room and board in my senior years. I want some one who speaks fluent English to tell me what is wrong. I don't scare that easily.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #68  
Sandee

Hi girls, my heart is beating very fast w excitement. I just got a phone call from a Vet clinic where a lady found 1 of my doodles & brought it there instead of the animal shelter, I used to micro-chip my litters @ 8 weeks before selling my puppies.

Laura, Please reply when U read this. The Vet clinic that phoned me is in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, Dupage Animal Hospital the tech said. It was the biggest puppy in our litter from breeding our AKC Golden Retriever w a AKC miniature Poodle stud from another breeder, our 1st generation & first miniGoldenDoodle litter; this sweet doggy is almost 5 yrs old that was brought to the Vet. A beautiful blonde boy about 30 pounds she said, he's been groomed & has a collar. If the owners don't claim him by Friday night, he'll go to a animal shelter Do U know if that Vet clinic is in a safe area of Chicago for me to drive to him. I'm phoning the Vet clinic @ 5 pm Friday & if his owner hasn't claimed him, I'll drive the 9 hours early Saturday morning to save him from going to the animal shelter if my Dh lets me. I didn't sell any puppies from my 1st generation miniGoldenDoodles to a Illinois family, to phone them about him being found. I kept 2 small females from that litter to downsize the puppy size & I bought a beautiful AKC miniature Poodle for a stud & pet & our 2nd generation litters r small averaging 12-20 pounds. I'm worried he could b euthanized @ the animal shelter If U know of 'anyone' that would like a 1st generation miniGoldenDoodle dog, pLease give them the opportunity & information I told you, to pLease adopt him before he could b killed I'll post if the Vet says his owner finds him, Doodles r very intelligent from the Poodles & he'll b non-shedding w a loving, sweet, silly Golden Retriever personality. Okay all I can do is pray now, that his owner didn't abandon him because of a job loss or moving into a apartment, etc. & they phone all the Vet clinics tomorrow & they come pick him up. I'll appreciate your telling me if this Vet clinic is located in a safe suburb of Chicago Thank You, Dh told me to stop worrying because stress makes me sick. No, this is about a sweet, innocent doggy that will die without a home...
Old 10-14-2015, 12:28 AM   #69  

Dee, this place is in Villa Park & it's a fine area. Not an affluent suburb, but it's safe. If i needed to go there for something, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Keep me posted!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:43 AM   #70  
Sandee

Laura Thank You for your fast reply. While I was showering last night the tech @ the Vet clinic left a phone message. The doodle owner called them & picked up their boy & also gave the owner info how to get their phone# updated for the micro-chip. My Dh said that Chicago is 6 hrs from us & he would've drove us to get the doggy. On the up side of bringing him home w us, maybe U & your BF could've met us

Regarding your post to me. I agree w U & yes I'm happy daily & thankful, I say that while praying. It's just that I've always been the person who helps ppl, not the girl that needs help & I enjoy being helpful. Having a health condition is new to me & unacceptable in my life because I'm always active. So I have to tweak my days & do what's possible, instead of feeling like I'm lazy now whenever I can't finish my day-planner list. Dh sometimes snuggles & naps w me if I'm napping when he gets home from work. He gets up @ 4:30 am daily for work & if I had to do that daily, for sure I'd take a nap after work.

Hi Ceej, Yep our BC/BS paid 80% also for co-pays on doctor visits & our RX, then after we paid $1,000 for tests, surgical, etc yrly we had to pay 10% of the bill. You're a Smart chickie regarding the phone call trying to scam your info, I like your spunky attitude little sister. About your eyes, I'd enjoy not needing to wear glasses & I took care of my mom for 3 days after her cataract surgery, it depends on the Opthmolagist, I envied mom's perfect vision.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 10-14-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #71  

Dee
Thank you for calling me "spunky". Most of the time I am and I'm very seldom depressed. So this last depression spell got me down. I'm like you I don't and can't accept being sick. You are so good to the animals. Glad the owners came to get their beautiful dog.
-----
I posted on FB about the phone call from the so called IRS. I've done some research and even found a segment which our local news station did regarding this. I've found the original IRS number to report the fraud. So I'm doing this today or in the morning. I have the phone number.
I'm impressed with myself that I have more energy than normal. Cleaned the living room last night and did a load of laundry after I got home from work. I'm cleaning as I will be out of town this week end. I may come back to the house Friday but I may decide to stay Friday night in either Jonesboro or Paragould in a hotel for a treat to myself.
Supposed to be in the 40's and high 30's this week end. Good sleeping weather for sure.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #72  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Really quick post.

I got a text from Annie either very late last night or early in the morning. She had a mild heart attack yesterday afternoon. She's in ICU at a hospital in Indy. She's going to have an ultrasound at around 9 or 10 AM eastern time (so she's probably having it right now...or just finished). She's also going to have a heart catheterization to see the extent of the damage and possibly put in stents (this was a mild heart attack but there still will probably be some heart damage). She said for us not to freak out....she'll know more after her ultrasound. She said that the doc said that genetics, diet and lack of exercise contributed to it.

She's asking for all of our prayers.

Sending you love, hugs and prayers, dear Annie!

Last edited by diyana; 10-14-2015 at 10:30 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #73  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

QUICK UPDATE FROM ANNIE:

I just got another text from Annie. She had an emergency catheterization at 8 am Eastern Time. One artery is 100% blocked and another artery was 80% blocked. She had two stents put in and she feels great now!

She appreciates everyone's prayers.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #74  

Michelle
I got the same message. I'm definitely going to concentrate on getting heart healthy. This could happen to me also. Heart disease runs in my family as well.

Annie
Get well soon.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #75  

Saw the fb messenger stuff - so so glad Annie's feeling better! Those blockages are scary! I guess that's why my doctor listens to my neck arteries with her stethescope.
--
Annie - Re-read your post here from yesterday - do you realize your last statement was "This dang job will be the death of me." Turns out it wasn't!!! I'm so glad you're okay.

Dee - Soooo happy the doggy and owner were reunited! It would have been great to meet you (I'm about 12 miles straight north of that place), but I'm so glad this was how it worked out.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-14-2015 at 02:09 PM.