Old 09-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I love being around my sister and her family. I will just have to make up my mind for sure and certain when the time comes. The move to Missouri will be such a drastic move and a different life style for me as well as my uncles having to adjust with out me here. I love being around the children. It was a good vacation.

------
Not much to report.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #62  

Morning all. Happy Monday.

Annie – The photos on FB of the wedding were great. Thanks for posting them. I’m so glad you had a nice day for the wedding and that all went smoothly. Sam was a gorgeous bride! What a pretty dress! I hope you’ve managed to catch up on your sleep. Have fun with the grands the next couple days.

Happy – I’m sorry you caught a cold. You must be too busy and not getting enough R&R. No, haven’t seen any fall color yet around here, though I have noticed the trees losing some leaves. Yes, Busse Woods has a nice bike path, but there’s a lot of it that isn’t shaded, which makes it hot during the summer. It'll be good for riding in the cooler weather coming up. Yup, September is probably one of the best month’s for weather in our area, if not THE best. Bf’s diet won’t be very structured. It’ll be more like cutting down on his beer and late-night snacks, so we’re each on our own. Will you be able to get out on the ATV this week? Time’s a-wastin’!! How did your chicken stock turn out? Not a cold-related suggestion, but chicken necks are good for making stock, and I’ve used them in the past with good results. Good luck at the eye doctor, must be hard not having rx eyeglasses.

Susie – Sounds like you had a nice day planned with the nieces. Did you all enjoy yourselves? Congrats on your weight loss last week!! Good job. I really have to get back at eating more mindfully. I’ve been off track for too long. Re my brows – it had been about a year since I’d had them done, and I hadn’t done anything to them myself in that time either. Once they were done, I realized I shouldn’t let them go like I did. I’ll definitely be going more regularly now.

Ceejay – I’m so glad you had a nice vacation with your family. You certainly don’t have to make any decisions right away about moving. Just not working anymore will be a big change for you! You don’t have to make a bunch of big changes all at once.

Shad – Sorry you too have a cold. I have to say, I’m not totally surprised – once you get worn down/tired, there goes your immunity. Feel better soon.

Hellos to Michelle, Dee & Terra.
--
I went to visit my friend D yesterday. She’s doing really well, but is finding it to be a hectic schedule between the PT person and the nurse coming to the house, and sorting out the timing/coordination of med and PT schedules. She has this leg bending machine that she has to use two hours at a time, 3 times a day! This is in addition to her other PT exercises. Her sister is being her caregiver and it’s hectic for her too. They’ll get through it, and D has already said she’s glad she did it and wishes she’d done it long ago.

Otherwise I didn’t do all that much on Saturday and Sunday. Not even a load of laundry.

It another nice day here. Love September! The boss is out most of the week, but the other department member who usually travels with him is not out this time. Odd, but she’s the type who stays in her office all day, so her presence isn’t much of a factor. It’ll be quiet around here.

Tonight’s my Pilates class. That’s about it for me, so I'll stop typing and get this posted. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #63  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm a sucker for punishment. I've agreed to stay on as long as I don't report to the same person I have been arguing with and hiding out from for the last few months and that I can have the time off between end of training and go-live (4 days) off so I can go home and sort out a couple of things.

The cold is still there, but I no longer have a sore throat, although my abs are protesting the coughing. Still it won't do them any harm to move and exercise. My nose is sore because I have blown it so much but I am pouring the moisturiser into it.

Anyway I'd better go. Training class coming in.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #64  

Hi Everyone
I weigh in tomorrow hoping for good one

This week the only thing I see is maybe to much carbs over the week. Will write more tomorrow
Good Night to all
Amby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #65  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

How weird. When the page loaded I did not get a reply box. Thought I wasn't logged in, that wasn't the case. Refreshed the page and all is well. The mysteries of I.T. continue...

Went to the eye doctor yesterday. Everything checks out. Got a new prescription for glasses - I think it will work out just fine. Thrift Shop today then over to some friends house for DH to do a minor electrical repair. Come home, laundry, pay bills. I got a call yesterday from the Humane Society - need to hop to it selecting some software for the shelter so I will have to squeeze time in for that. Tomorrow starts yoga class and time for my hair to be colored - I am going back to lighter. Thursday I have an all day drawing class I am looking forward to. Have not got out on the ATV - need to find time for that. DH and a buddy stained the wood siding on the Thrift Shop on Sunday. It looks very nice. I need start the 21 day Fix diet. Today for sure. Had some of my Alaskan Salmon yesterday for dinner - quite yummy.

Hello Amby - good luck with your weigh in.

Shad - I had a fast moving cold - hope you do to. I guess it was hard to turn down the money, I'm surprised you extended the contract. Hopefully things will go better the next round.

Laura - thanks for the tip on the chicken necks - hard to get a bundle of them though although I guess I could freeze them if I get a whole chicken. I usually just get a rotisserie chicken at the store if I get a whole one and make soup out of thighs and legs. The stock turned out great, the farm lady said to cook the feet for 12 hours so I am going to try making the stock in the crock pot next time. Good to hear that your friend D is coming along nicely in her recovery. Sounds like it's quite the adventure for PT but so necessary. I hope it turns out well. Sounds as if you had a really nice relaxing weekend.

Ceejay - you have a year to decide what will be best. Just remember there is no "perfect" only close to it Even up here we have some good with the bad. Take your time.

Annie - have you recovered from the wedding? You must still be off watching the kids, right? Enjoy!

I gotta run. Have a good one Worldlies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #66  

Shad
Always good to have some time off especially since you are sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Amby
Hello, Hope you have a good weigh in.

Happy
I agree that I should take my time to decide. It will be on my mind as I am a planner. I go next month to sign up for my benefits. Time is creeping up on me fast.

Laura, Susie, Terra, Annie, Dee and the rest of the Worldies
Old 09-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #67  

Morning all.

Shad – So you’ve extended your contract? Is it open-ended? Nice not having to report to the person you don’t like. I hope your hours get a bit lighter – any chance??

Hi Amby, hope your weigh-in goes well today.

Happy – Glad all went well at the eye doc. Bet you’ll be happy to get your glasses! You’ve got a lot on your plate this week – good thing the cold is clearing out. Nice of hubs to do the electrical repair for the friends. PS, just tried to cut/past my entry and I had to log in all over again, same as you. It's always something...

Ceejay – I think our annual benefits enrollment is coming up soon too.

Hello to the rest of you!
--
Pilates class was good last night. Tonight I might actually go to movie night. The movie I voted for was the one selected – “Learning to Drive”. I hope it’s good.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #68  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls I've missed you'all & I haven't been online except to pay bills; I had many pain days in a row the past 2 weeks since my last post.

My garden was huge, nothing died & Dh gave 80% away that we couldn't eat up. If I had my normal energy I would've baked, frozen & canned for the winter months. We had a abundance of carrots, celery, cucumbers, grape tomato's, red potato's, kohlrabi, sweet potato's, sugar baby watermelons, (acorn/summer squash, I will definitely slice & freeze for soup, etc.) the chives never leave, they self-seed. We didn't plant garlic this year. My grape vines & berries r the only failures we had.

Annie, Michelle & Ceej... I just Luv your avatar pics! All of you look sooo cute & beautiful... I realllyyy want to come out & do the Bubble Run w Chelle, hop on the Stage Coach w Annie & join Ceej on her cruise

In my last post I felt pretty sad, I apologize for it. I've never had any bad health probs before, I only took a RX for high blood pressure & the normal over the counter stuff we all use. I've always been active & this autoimmune thing is doing a 180* on my body & lifestyle. Dh says every time he calls me 'worthless & lazy' its because I let my pain & my fatigue be in charge & that I ruined our income & our retirement plans. I honestly do as much work as I can daily. I supported us when Dh's cancer dragged him down over the last 11 yrs & he didn't go to his job. But Dh feels cancer, being paralyzed, missing body limbs & blindness are the 'only' reasons to not have a weekly income, that we aren't living in the 1960's-1980's w housewives @ home & all women should work until they're 62 yrs before being @ home... Duh, I want my health & energy back the way it was 4 months ago, I don't want to b a failure & Dh needs to live my life for 2 weeks & then tell me again that he thinks I'm being 'worthless, useless & lazy'. Some things our bodies do are just 'not' controllable by us nobody wants health problems that give fatigue or pain or complications to us.... Dh is a good person, I just don't want him to bully me because I don't make the $$$$ when I had my Interior D. career & ended it in July. I feel like posting the traditional wedding vows on his bathroom mirror & in bold type, 'poorer & sickness' as his reminder.

Oh beans & farts My doggy just bumped my laptop & I lost my half of my post. I sat here typing personals for over 10 minutes & I'm too tired right now to start over again. I'm going to catch a nap & brush the girls & make dinner for Dh & b back tomorrow.

Annie, I'm excited to see some wedding pics from Sissy's wedding I know your family was so adorable!

Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #69  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I've spent the morning getting caught up on work and email. I had a lovely birthday weekend in Vegas with my good friend Heidi. She and I have been friends since 7th grade.

We went to a craft fair Saturday morning and a play Saturday evening. On Sunday morning, we went to a Packers bar and watched the Packers-Bears game. It was way too close for my liking. After watching the game, we went and saw a movie ("San Andreas"). Heidi had been wanting to see it for a long time. It was a good action movie with great special effects. Special effects get an "A", acting probably a "B-1", realism/accuracy...probably a "D". Heidi and I have both been through BIG quakes...and what they portrayed....well, it just wouldn't happen like that. But that's Hollywood for you. Yesterday, we drove to Southwestern Utah to get our hair done and do some sightseeing.

I miss Heidi...we always have fun and lots of laughs when we're together. She's coming to CA for a visit over Halloween, and then again in early December. I'm probably going back to Vegas in February, so we can do some hiking at Zion or Bryce Canyon National parks (when it's cooler). It was still in the 100s there this past weekend....so I didn't get a lot of exercise in.

I hope y'all are doing well. I'll try and catch up with personals tonight.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #70  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning all, back to the grindstone...

The wedding was simply beautiful. Samantha was gorgeous. Chris was handsome and Ainsley and the boys were gorgeous. No mishaps, no one fell in to the pool. The ex was decent. He did not go to the reception. My BFF from St. Louis came, we had a ball.

I had the wee ones till Monday evening. I spent yesterday at home, visited my brother, Michael, did some banking and laundry, that was about it. Both the boys were very good the entire weekend clear through the time I kept them. We have so much fun together. Especially Jacob and Papaw. They have connected on a great basis of play time, cars, balls, and hide and seek. The first thing Jacob asks is where is Papaw when he arrives. Too cute. If I say he is at work, Jacob says will I still be here when he gets home?

Tomorrow I have a 2 1/2 hour dentist appointment. Yuck. Starting procedures for a new crown. Oh boy, let's spend some money, since I haven't done that in a COUPLE of days. lol. I am trying to keep up with HAPPY's spending. NOT.

C picks up his CPap machine tomorrow (Thursday) thank the good Lord for that. He had a rough night last night. We started out in our bed. I woke up to find him on the couch. I made him go to bed and I got on the couch. Musical sleeping places. Sassy stuck with me the entire time. She is such the couch hog.

SHADDIE...what are you down to? About 2 weeks left?

DEE...glad to see you posting. I am still praying for good health for you and many others. I have a list, takes me my entire ride to work (15 mins) to name everyone. Dear God, see yesterday's ride to work prayers. Your garden sounded like a major success, yummy on all your goodies, wish we lived closer cause it all sounds right down my alley of likes.

Hi AMBY...hope you WI went well.

CHELLE...Glad you had a good time on your visit with your friend in Vegas.

LAURA...how was the movie? Have not even heard of it. Who starred in it?

CEEG...your vacation seemed to go well, glad you had a great time.

HAPPY...glad your eyes have checked out ok. Is there any remaining pain or itching? You are still too busy for me. Hope the art class gives you some "me" time that you so need. Hugs.

SUSIE...great job on the WL. You are rockin' it sister. What is your grand total?

TERRA...where have you been girl?

That is about it for me, my emails were not as bad as I thought they would be. Only 86. Plus it is nasty report day. bleh.

Make it a great hump day/night. Hugs and Love to all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #71  

Morning
Michelle
I've seen previews of the San Andreas. Not sure I want to see it though. I would love to go back to Zion and Bryce Canyons. Zion is beautiful.

Laura
I want to see Learning to Drive. Think it would be good, but I will wait till the DVD comes out. Can't stand the loudness of the movie in theaters. Glad your Pilates class went well. The benefits that I'm talking about is Social Security. I will start drawing in January but will try to work till August.

Annie
Your grand sons sound adorable. Ouch on the 2 1/2 hour doctor's appointment. That's one place I do not like going but will have to before long.

Dee
Take care of yourself. Sending you good vibes.

------
Yesterday was a good day at work and am looking forward to my 4 day week end. Almost tempted to stay home and rest but I will go to Paragould to visit with the uncles.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:38 AM   #72  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday I picked up Santa. Not sure who was happier to see the other. He was so excited and so was I! We went to the dog park for a little while, and then home so I could do laundry and relax. I'll be going to the gym after work today to work out with my trainer.

Tomorrow, a friend of mine and I are going to see a play "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". It wasn't one I'd be head over heels about seeing...but she talked me into it. Friday night, another friend and I are going to see comedian Will Durst perform. He is hysterical! Lots of political humor, and he pokes fun at both political parties equally. On Saturday, still another friend and I are going to a concert to see Styx, Def Leppard and Tesla. I can't even remember what songs Tesla has done, but I really like the other two bands.

I learned upon my arrival at work that HP will be laying off 30,000 people. So sad for those affected. I'm a contractor but it still makes me wonder if there's even a hope of getting a permanent position. I'd better impress even more than I have been.

I hope y'all are doing well.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:41 AM   #73  

Morning all. Happy Hump Day.

Dee – I’m so sorry you’re still having many pain days. I will keep you in my prayers. What a big & successful garden you had – too bad you couldn’t preserve more of it for yourself. You are not a failure because your body has failed you in this way! Stay strong and don’t take your hub’s comments to heart.

Michelle – I’m glad you enjoyed your weekend with Heidi. Nice she’ll be in CA soon. Hope the conditions at Zion/Bryce will be good for hiking when you go back to LV in February. I heard on the news about recent flash floods in Zion Nat’l Park that killed some hikers. You’ve got a busy rest of the week! Better you than me!

Annie – I’m glad the wedding was so nice and the time with the kiddies was good. How nice Jacob and his Papaw are close. Big ugh on the long dental appointment. Yay for the cpap – I hope both C’s sleep and yours are better as a result!!

Ceejay – I think you’ll enjoy Learning to Drive. Re your SS benefits – will you have to watch how much you earn at your current job? I thought if you earned too much $$ from employment, your SS benefits could be cut. I think bf’s mom is in that position, but she only works part-time, so I don’t think it’s a problem for her.

Hellos to the rest of you!
--
I liked that movie “Learning to Drive”. It stars Patricia Clarkson and Ben Kingsley. It’s a good story about a woman and her driving instructor. It was only 90 min. long.

Doggy’s hips have been getting weaker, so bf spoke with the vet and she prescribed Tramadol, a pain reliever. So now doggy is getting monthly injections of Adequan, daily doses of an anti-inflammatory, and now Tramadol. Today was his first dose of that. I hope it helps him & has no bad side effects. I’m just glad he still has a great appetite and loves his daily walks.

At work it is time to schedule our health evaluations. The e-mail came out yesterday and I scheduled my appointment today so I could get an early appointment – we have to fast for this evaluation and I don’t want to starve all morning long. It’s not until late October so I should probably try to drop some weight in hopes of a good result. This year they have brought back a cash incentive for meeting one’s personal goal. Whoo!

Nothing planned for tonight, so I need to get down in the basement and do a workout.

Okay, signing off now. Everyone have a good day!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #74  

Laura
I can only make 40k next year and then I can retire. If I make over they will penalized me. I'm not planning on working the whole year.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:42 AM   #75  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey all,

Quick post for me. I have gotten to the point where there is TOO MUCH going on. I need a breather. Today started terrible, went to pick up the car - they didn't put the fender on right and missed a scratch on the car. Had to leave it. Had to rearrange plans to deal with only one car and 2 people going in 2 different directions. I stopped for breakfast, dribbled egg yolk all over my shirt - good thing I had a spare, tried to get DH a latte and the expresso machine was broken. Yes, I know - first world problems, eh? But we were on tight schedules. Got my hair done - she lightened it up, I like it a lot. Was weird to be able to see what she was doing for the first time EVER. While waiting she asked if I wanted a magazine, I said no - I can't read it. Yoga class started again. I thought for a bit I was going to get vertigo again but false alarm. I did better than I thought I would having done NOTHING since my last class the end of June. Muscle memory. I have an all day art / drawing class in charcoal pencil tomorrow. This will be VERY interesting as I am left handed and therefore smeary. The president of the Humane society is an artist and said the instructor is a bit of an "odd fellow" - you never know what to expect - in a good way. Will be an interesting class. Have to get up really early to go pick up the car (hopefully completely fixed ) and then get over to class. The just posted the supply list 2 days ago - I hope I have what I need for class. My cold is progressing to seasonal tickle in the throat coughing. More annoying than a cold. I found out there is a tight deadline to get the shelter management software installed and running if we are to get the grant so I know what I will be doing for the rest of the week - downloading and playing with a demo version.

Ceejay - I know once you start collecting SS you are limited to your income before they reduce benefits but I don't understand how they can limit your money earned prior to collecting benefits???? ie. if you started collecting in October, other than taxes paid, should only matter what you make as income from October to December. Yikes so many rules.

Annie - I'm glad everything turned out well (including ex bowing out early) for the wedding you worked so hard for and put so much into. See, being good had it's reward in the end. Are you caught up with some rest as you were running on less than empty? I hope C's CPAP does the trick for him. To your question, my eyes are a bit dry - it comes with the territory here - Doc suggested Systane eyedrops, thanks for asking. I will be happier when I order new prescription glasses this week.

Dee - I'm sorry you are feeling poorly still. You are right, people do not know how one suffers if they don't have to walk in another's shoes. Don't let DH get to you. Personally I'd tell him to man up and get more income rolling in there if he feels retirement is jeopardized, but then again, that's me You do what you can, you don't strike me as a slacker.

Hellos to the rest of the chicks I need to pick up a few things, pop off an email and renew a library book online after midnight so I get 2 more weeks. I am embarrassed to say I have not once yet looked at my new Mac computer. I appreciate DH not saying anything if he is frustrated. It's only about 217th in line for things to be attended to. Have a good night all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote