View Poll Results: When Talking To People, You..........
Stand With Your Arms Folded 3 42.86%
Have Your Hands Clasped 0 0%
Have One Or Both Your Hands On Your Hip 0 0%
Touch The Person To Whom You Are Talking 3 42.86%
Play With Your Ear 0 0%
Play With Your Chin 0 0%
Play With Your Hair 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 11:59 PM   #16  
Losing it!

Here's a pic that I'm sure will put a smile on your face. My mother went to the Senior center today for lunch, as she prepared to leave, this little guy was right by her car tire....on a busy street no less!!!! She had mud on her and was wet, so I'm assuming a dog had ahold of her and dropped her. I weighed her today and she is a WHOPPING 2 ounces!!!! I have a small hand and as you can see, she fits into it with room to go. Now if we can only keep her alive....any Floozies want to help out with the night time feeding??? BTW: Allison named her Meow.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:27 AM   #17  

Good Mornin'

I know ya'll get so tired of hearing me say how tired I am....But I AM!!! I didn't post last night because after work, Wayne & I went and signed papers for the loan on the house.We got home around 5:30. I was so tired, I ate and layed around until I fell asleep at 10:00!! (Early for me!)

Today is ANOTHER Titans game.Debbie & I will be working another 10 hours today! We have to be there at 3:00. I'm going to do a little cleaning here today so I won't have to do so much tomorrow.(My only day off).

Dee,
I'm so sorry to hear about the young boy.What a terrible ordeal! Bless his friends & family's heart.Did you do ok last night? I was thinking about you. I'm sending my prayers.

Debbie,
Are you ready to work??? Heck, I'm not!!! Oh well, with us working together we'll make it somehow! Are ya'll getting the pool this morning?

Gayle,
Call me dumb!!! Here's a stupid question: In the picture of your new little friend....Is she a puppy or kitten? Sorry but I can't tell! What ever she is, I know that you'll take care of her!!! She's lucky to have a family that will nurse her back to health and love her!!

Shelley,
I know what you mean about work!!! I'm absolutely going NUTS!!! We had one child get on the bus that was about 5 years old.She didn't know her last name or where she lived.No information was on her!!! Our Principal rode the bus home with her to get info!!! Now is that STRANGE!! Send a new child to School and NO ONE KNOWS who she is???!!!! Damn!!! About the email from your principal, Why didn't she just ask you?! Yes, We need help too! Two people can't run the whole School!!!! And we don't even have a nurse! Oh well....maybe we'll BOTH get through this!!!!! ****...I guess we should laugh about it instead of getting stressed!! What ya think?

Titan,
It sounds great!!! I'll see you at Ala. Grill on the 20th between 4-4:30!!! Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta go and start on this house........Have a great OP day!!!!!!

To all the Floozie's......PLEASE post!!!! The ones MISSING' IN ACTION: We miss you!!! Get your butts back here!!!!

Hugs........
Old 08-16-2003, 11:22 AM   #18  
Losing it!

She's a baby kitty Sherry. I guess the pic is kinda dark. She cried all night long by the bed in a box, when I would get up to feed her, she would be quiet. Her last feeding, I left her in the livingroom. She cried...around 5:30 this morning when daylight started to break, she quieted down. It's 10:00 am here now and she is sleeping. Now explain to me how a kitty with her eyes still shut can be afraid of the dark??!!

I'll post more later, I'm trying to help Steve with some stuff so I can paint later.

I hope everyone is doing great today!
Old 08-16-2003, 01:49 PM   #19  

Jennelle..........Jeanne...............Vicki...... ....
Cheryl.............Doni....................
Old 08-16-2003, 01:53 PM   #20  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls

Hope everyone has a great weekend planned, filled with family and friends.

Sherry......I'm excited for you and Wayne. Although I had rather have you buy a house up here close to me, I'm so happy for you. I knew things would work out for you, you deseve it!! I guess I'm ready to work the game today, is there anything else in life...LOL. Atleast we do get to work together and catch up on our talking.

Titan......I'm looking forward to us meeting. The Alabama Grill sounds great.

Gayle....I'm so glad you signed up for those classes. You already have the natural talent, so the classes should be a breeze for you.

Dee.....It is so sad about your neighbor and for him to be so young. I know the funeral was hard for you and everyone that loved him. When is Dez coming home? My thoughts and prayers go out to the young boy's friends and family at this time of sorrow.

Carol...I'm still OP!! The weight is coming off slowly but maybe along the way this time, I will learn how to eat normally. You are doing wonderful, you're my hero!!!

Shelley.....I hope things calm down for you soon. I know what you mean about getting some help. I have a lady off on medical leave. They have send me several subs but it still makes my job hard. Surely things will get better for all us school people!!

Ramona, Cheryl, Jeanne, Jennelle, Vicki and Doni...Sending hugs your way. Hope you are doing OK.

Tomorrow me and James are going to buy our pool. Hopefully we can have everything ready for them to put it in next weekend. We have to cut a tree down and move a flower bed. My work is never done...LOL.

Love ya...deb
Old 08-17-2003, 06:41 AM   #21  

Well, we are closer to getting the chickens out of the house! My DH and the neighbors were working all day on the chicken coop. I don't think it will be finished this weekend though. They are going to put an air conditioner in there, too and they still have the walls to put up. I guess they were working on the floor all day yesterday.

I stayed inside yesterday and worked on my spreadsheet for the school budget. I actually got things organized. Now I am just hoping that when I emailed it to my desk that it worked! I will find out tomorrow. If it did, I just have to file them.

Debbie-Good luck on your pool! Sounds like you have quite a bit of work to do to prepare for it. When do we get to come over and swim??

Sherry-I'm so happy for you! I thought you lived right near Debbie, though. How far do you live from each other?

Gayle-I thought the picture was a puppy until I read your post. How did it sleep last night?

Dee-I hope things start getting back to normal for you soon. I am still sending prayers your way.

Ramona-Have you cut your hair again yet? If and when you do, make sure to post a picture.

Love to all the Floozies, including the MIA's!!
Old 08-17-2003, 09:29 AM   #22  

Mornin'

Well Debbie & I worked about 9 1/2 hours yesterday. My legs & feet are killin' me this morning! WHY AREN'T WE SKINNY?????!!

Shelley,
Debbie lives about 20-25 minutes from me. Not too far! It's all interstate so it's not bad at all.

I'm so excited about meeting Titan (Dee) Wednesday!!!!

I'm spending the day washing clothes and working in the yard. I'll try to post again before I pass-out at bedtime!

Have a GREAT OP day!!!!!

HUGS...........
Old 08-17-2003, 03:57 PM   #23  
Losing it!

Good luck with the poool purchase, Deb!!! You guys will love it!!!! Do we all get to come for a pool party?????

Shelley: My, you have some up-town chickens!!! Our chickens on the farm had no clue what air conditioning was. I bet with your heat, it is a necessity. BTW: The little kitty died today. She was just to tiny to be away from her mother.

Titan: Try to get those girls to behave when you see them this week!

Sherry: If my ears start burning on Wednesday, I'll know why!!! All three of you have fun!!!! Mybe one of these years we can have a FLOOZIE get-together!

We went to a pond tour today. We seen all kinds of lovely ponds from the modest to the very majestic. Now hubby is in the mood to start digging a larger/bigger/deeper hole!!!!! It's ADDICTIVE!
Old 08-17-2003, 07:49 PM   #24  

Gayle-So sorry to hear the little kitty didn't make it.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:13 AM   #25  
Carol

Happy Monday Morning Ladies!!!

Just trying to cheer us all up for the monday morning work week!

BETTER THAN YOURSELF!

Don't worry about being better than anyone else, for that will only get you resentment.

Instead, focus on being better than yourself.

Make today an improvement over yesterday. And when tomorrow rolls around, find a way to improve even more.

Comparing yourself to others will only lead to disappointment or arrogance, neither of which will be of positive value to you.

Instead, compare yourself to yourself and then you truly have something with which to work.

When you seek to become better than yourself, there's no one who will be threatened by that.

You are unique and beyond compare, so make the most of it.

Stop worrying about how you compare to others.

Put that energy to positive use by being the best you can be, and then by being even better than that.

Have a great OP day Floozies!!

Love & Hugs

Carol

Old 08-18-2003, 07:58 AM   #26  

Carol.........Thanks for the Monday Morning Motivational!!

Hoping All You FLOOZIE'S Have A Great OP Day!! I dread going in to work this morning....I'm as tired as I was when I went to bed!!

Later...........
Old 08-18-2003, 01:36 PM   #27  

My pc is down so I am not sure how much posting I will be doing this week. Have to use Jay's when he isn't home...lol

Gayle sorry to hear your little kitten died. It was so cute and tiny. There are so many intresting ways to do ponds. They are so relaxing. It is a great hobbie.

Debbie so do you have all the prep work for the pool done? It is a good time of year to by a pool, they are on sale now.

Sherry don't let yourself get run down. Your doing to much. I know how it is to let things go. I am like you, but I kept doing and doing and it caught up to my heart. Take it easy.

Carol thank you for the daily messages. I alway look forward to see what you have posted.

Ramona when is it that Ben is leaving? Are you doing ok? Please post and let us know.

Shelley a chicken coop with air conditioning, lol that is so funny. Those are so royal birds you got there.

Titan enjoy your trip. I think that it will be a nice stress relief for you. Any more news on the babies?

Dez is home. She had a really nice trip. Steve's funeral was really sad. His sisters had a really hard time. It just made everyone cry more. Even the priest cryed alot. He knew Steve and his family well. Thank you for the prayers.

Larry is turning 40 this weekend and I am looking for birthday gift ideas. Does anyone have some suggestions? OF course his love is ME...lol no traveling. He also likes to golf. He is a member of a club so he golfs about 3 times a month. He isn't a really big sports fan where he needs to go to the games. He prefers to watch them in the comfor of his own home. Any ideas girls? I was thinking of a gold bracelet but no sure.

Hope that you all have a good day.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:23 PM   #28  
Losing it!

Dee: How about a gift certificate for golfing? A subscription to Golf Digest? A new putter or club? I'll ask Steve, he's a golfer too. I purchased Steve a gold necklace a few years ago and he wears it quite a bit, I like your idea of a gold bracelet too. Just a thought....if you do wine kits, you have everything to do a batch of beer...maybe order him a beer kit???? You would only need some bottles or kegs and the caps which are hardly any cost.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:50 PM   #29  

Hi everyone. I'm here, just been really busy.
I did go and get my hair cut. I'm still tweaking the styling of it to suit my taste. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

I'm sorry I don't have time to post to everyone right now. I just wanted to send my love. Later all.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:05 PM   #30  

I'm back!!

Had a really great week at my meeting in Hot Springs!! It's amazing how silly grown people (supposed professionals, at that) act when enough alcohol is involved! The weather was glorious while I was there.

Gayle--sorry about the kitten...

Dee--hope you're doing ok. So many people don't realize that once you've done something like that, there is no coming back. And so many times there aren't even any warning signs. I feel for your neighborhood.

Shelley--hang in there. Maybe some help will come your way.

TitanDee, Debbie and Sherry--hope the three of you enjoy spending time together!!

Hey Ramona!! Got humidity?

Hellos to anyone and everyone else I may have missed!!

Cheryl
Closed Thread