Old 08-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #16  

Talking

Good Morning! It is pouring rain and so dark one would think it is middle of the night rather than morning. I have a load of laundry in the washer and just finished cutting up watermelon and cantaloupe so the rinds could go out with the garbage for pick up later this morning. I feel like baking cookies but also know I would eat them on a dreary day like today. No willpower at this house today.

"Gma," I don't think I've ever renewed my library card. I did have to get a new after I retired from school because the public library is now computerized and wasn't when we first moved here. The teachers all shared their books so I was well supplied for years. I do have my Halloween cards ready but need to get a supply of two dollar bills to put in them. The pumpkin bag sounds cute. I'm sure Jason and Amanda will be split between games too, so our thinking is we can do that too. I'd rather watch soccer than football any day; Zowie's games are only an hour so could make it to part of Ian's when he plays at home. Popeye must be a southern restaurant -- seems like he should be promoting spinach instead of chicken.

Susan, we have a 46 year old friend battling pneumonia, and his doctor said he has treated more pneumonia patients this summer than during the last few winters. Hope you continue to feel better each day. You are a fast reader! Actually, having both Ian and Zowie's games on the same day will be ok for us since it's a five hour drive for them. It's only for six weeks so will go fast I think. It's a good thing we don't have a local Olive Garden or I would be wider than I am high!

I need to write some birthday cards for church so had better get a move on. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:29 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking Thursday Afternoon

GOOD AFTERNOON IN AUGUST MAGNOLIAS
☺♫

We are going to borrow a friends pickup and enclosed trailer to take a load of “stuff” to Texas on the 8th of September. This friend with his brother owns a huge business here and they have several vehicles and said we could borrow anything anytime. That day will get here quickly.

I just finished my lunch of a couple boiled eggs, raisin bread toast, grapefruit sections and a small can of hot V8 juice. It was quite good and will last me until dinner time since I had that protein plus all the food groups. I need to put some more eggs in my little cooker so to have some in the fridge. This little cooker is so neat for you can set it for any type of boiled egg you want from very soft to hard. We get our eggs from a gal that works at a shop downtown that we know that keeps some nice laying hens. Those eggs are so fresh and we can sure tell the difference from the store bought ones. She said that since it has been so hot her hens are laying slower and was waiting for a couple eggs to be laid to make our dozen. She also sells them to us for much less of what a dozen costs in the market. We tried to give her full price but she wouldn’t go for it.

Not much going on here today ~ Will is at the museum and Beanie is asleep on the back of the couch and Cecil is out back. Hopefully the guy that makes our letters for the Jeep has the spiders made. They will look so cool, Orange Kneed Tarantulas placed next to the saying “Moab Poison Spider Mesa” on the sides of the Jeep. We have quite a few listed of the odd sounding trails we have been on and will hopefully think of some more to put on the sides.

JEAN Those kind of days you are having also make me want to bake something yummy. Wish it would rain here ~ grass is turning brown.

SUSAN We have absolutely too many eating places here but no Olive Garden or Red Lobster.

DONNA FAYE YIKES Halloween is almost here ~ too soon.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-27-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #18  

Good morning everyone. It is lovely and cool this morning and again will be in the upper 80's. A southerly warming is going to push it back into the 90's starting this weekend though.

I got some WM stuff done yesterday morning, then went and got my nails done, red this time, then to the library to renew my card, then to Mcd's for a diet coke and some Advil (cramping big time,) then onto the car wash, a quick trip back through Mcd's for one of their little hamburgers and then home. I dragged it all in, put it away and ate my sandwich and got the laundry finished. By that time, it was time to go get Jack so back out I went.

Oh my is my dress ever lovely. I am including a picture of it, the wrap I bought for it, and the shoes. The wrap is all sequins and sparkles. I had to get a strapless bra and it was longline so didn't know how that was going to fit or work, but it works perfectly. I am going to look for a tiny sparkly handbag to take to dinner on the cruise. Jack was teasing me that I looked like the "other" Madonna in the bra. I washed it and laid it to dry along with the bra last night so except for steaming out the wrinkles it is ready to go. It is gathered in the back and very comfortable and the bra doesn't kill me even with the stays in it. I don't even have back fat in it. The bra cost more than the dress did! I finally got an answer about the black dress and the USPS now has it on it's radar. It was in NYC on Sunday, but hadn't gone through customs so who knows? I am not keeping it. I am furious with these people about not telling their customers that this is international shipping. Since I bought the silver dress, purple, and green dresses, I don't need it anyway so back it goes. I will decide whether or not I want to keep the lace shrug, but I doubt it.

I have to make a menu and grocery list today so we can get things going tomorrow. I am hoping that my contact will come in today so I can pick it up while we are in WM tomorrow. Jack likes their creamer choices. We have to drive all over for his coffee stuff. He gets his coffee at Kroger as they have a huge selection of Keurig cups, his creamer comes from WM. We get part of our meat at Fresh Market then the lowfat ice cream is from Kroger. We get part of our grocery stuff from WM too though the commissary might or might not have it, like the mashed potatoes I buy. Anyway, lots of running around in the morning then Sunday commissary day.

We had deli sandwiches for dinner last night. I had a chicken salad sandwich because though their meats and cheeses are very good, they all taste very salty to me so I opted for the chicken salad. It was ok, but would have bee nicer with a bit of sweetness and not so much pepper. I like grapes and nuts in my chicken salad. Bob Evans has the best.

Susan: I can put up with the old age stuff like the arthritis and such, but the female stuff is getting to me. It just really takes it out of me besides causing impact in my life when it becomes heavy and such. I guess because of theft or some such, you have to physically go into the library every year as you have to prove who you are and that your address matches your card info in the computer. So, every year I have to go out to the library and get it renewed. I pretty much read everything on my Ipad so really don't get physical books anymore so it is a pain. Glad the ick is finally leaving you, though I imagine the coughing lingering is a pain to deal with. Hope you don't get anything that is now going around. I guess the newest hurricane is causing some problems.

Maggie: Hope you can get what needs to be done in the next couple weeks. I know moving can be a strain sometimes.

Jean: Popeyes has crispy chicken and is Cajun style though you can get it mild so it is like KFC's crispy chicken. They have some pretty good food and boy is it popular with the blacks here. They love the Cajun sides and stuff. They also have excellent biscuits. It is a rare treat as the stuff is all really fattening. I am sure the kids will see some friendly faces at their games anyway. I am a cookie eater if they are good so I don't make them either. I am not much of a cake eater, but I love pie so I steer clear of just making any kind of desserts.

Everyone have a great weekend. I need to get going with my day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H033006.jpg (15.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg silvershoe.jpg (10.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg silverwrap.jpg (11.6 KB, 7 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #19  

Good Morning! It's another dark rainy morning in my neighborhood, we've had 2" in the last 24 hours. Jason's area had 7" yesterday; fortunately they don't live close to the river. I've just been putzing this morning, unloaded the dishwasher and balanced a checkbook on the first try which is rare. I usually forget a deposit or sometimes I write in an amount on the back page, in advance, for something "big" like airline tickets.

Maggie, I hope the price of eggs will go down again but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen. I haven't heard anything about chickens but "they" are beginning to restock the turkey farms. The bird flu is supposed to return this fall which won't be good. I just spent $90 at the store, and came home with four half full sacks of meat, fresh veggies, and fruit. Wish I could send some rain your way!

"Gma," I had to chuckle about going different places for Jack's coffee and creamers. Will has his favorite coffee too, espresso something or other. I think you will look so nice in your new dress, sandals, and wrap! I love the sparkles as would Maddy and Zowie. I really enjoy being able to buy single pieces of pie in the hospital coffee shop. Sometimes that will be our lunch or supper. The pie lady, from a nearby little town, makes them fresh and brings them twice a week. They don't last long because they are so good. I have to really be in the mood to bake anything.

I need to vacuum fur bunnies and decide what's for lunch. I bought ingredients for lasagna but forgot the ricotta cheese. I hate going to the store on Fridays so may wait until tomorrow morning or Monday. Hope you all have a fantastic Friday and enjoy!

Last edited by Jean; 08-28-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:55 PM   #20  

Good afternoon gals. It is a lovely warm summer day here close to 90 already. We went out and ran errands early so we are back home and comfy and cool in the house. Like you, Jean, I spent $25 at Kroger, $40 at WM and $95 at Fresh Market. I still have commissary to do tomorrow. Jack got himself some butter toffee Gloria Jean's coffee and butter toffee, almond joy, and one other type of those little individual creamers. He probably drinks 1 or 2 cups a day and I hate coffee and don't drink it at all. I do like the smell of it though.

I am getting ready to type up my grocery list for tomorrow and restring two of my Pandora style bracelets that came apart. I also have to replace the lobster clasp on a new necklace as the thing will not open. So, I just bought a bag of 10 large lobster clasps at this jewelry making place I use and will just replace it. I have to go and find some kind of earrings for my green necklace as the one earring has disappeared that goes with it.

I got the dress and shrug yesterday and it was awful. The dress looked like some old lady house dress with a big ruffle at the bottom and the shrug looked just like those old lady bed jackets they used to wear. I shipped them back this morning.

Jean: At the bottom is the little evening bag I bought to carry on Formal night. I bet Maddie and Zowie would love this. It is little, just big enough to carry my phone and my sea pass card and that's all I would need it for. I am only taking a cross body bag onboard not a big purse, but I wanted something pretty to use for formal night. My husband is a partial slob but then he can be so prissy about some things and his coffee and creamer is a couple of them. Drives me nuts to drive all over town to find coffee and creamer! I have been keeping an eye out on that storm coming at Florida. We shouldn't get any rain from it, but more than likely Susan will next week sometime unless it veers off and out to sea.

You gals have a great Saturday and Sunday. I am off to do jewelry repair!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silver bag.jpg (24.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon! The sun is trying to shine and it is getting brighter as the day goes on. No rain today so that's good. I went to the grocery store first thing this morning. I forgot to get lasagna cheese the other day, came home with $60 worth of specials from their ad that I didn't take time to read this week. My pan of lasagna is ready for tonight, dishes are done, and the kitchen cleaned. Now I remember why I so seldom make it, a time consuming effort! I'm still having iPad issues and need to call tech support again. The last guy said they would send one to use while mine is being repaired. So far nothing has been delivered and it was supposed to be here yesterday.

"Gma," Jack's coffee creamers sound more like candy than cream. I do like some flavored coffee once in awhile. The hospital coffee shop has blueberry on Fridays and I do like that. I'm not especially fond of blueberries but it's good. Beth gets a Keurig butter toffee (?) that I like too. You are lucky you can fix your jewelry. Over the years I've lost the backs to different earrings. I finally got them together and went to the jewelry store. I was surprised that one was sterling, one 18ct., several 14ct., and one "junk." She called it inexpensive, not junk. Anyhow, $18 later all that I wear most often have matching backs. Your purse is so cute! It will be fun to carry! I hope the storm, Danny?, goes out to sea before it gets to Florida. Bob's cousin lives close to the ocean but I'm not sure which side. I've also been watching the one in the Pacific.

Not much else newsy from Iowa today, and I need to buddy up with tech support. Hope you all enjoy a nice Saturday!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:09 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN AUGUST MAGNOLIAS
☺♫

We are going to leave for Texas with a load of stuff to put in that room our friend has given us to use on Monday the 7th and have to be back on Thursday the 10th for Will has a doctor appointment on Friday the11th. We also have some business to take care of like getting a mail box so when the time comes we have a place to have our mail here forwarded to.

I have been wanting a small train to put in the front area of the MH during the holiday season and have located a cute little wooden one in the Lehman’s cataloge that I am going to order soon (along with a cute small herb growing box and a non electric food dryer) ~ on the 2nd of next month probably. The cute little wooden train will be just the ticket for that area with all the small Christmas things I now have collected. I am getting rid of all the “big” stuff that I have used during holidays past.

JEAN If we need anything done to our computer stuff we just take it in and they work on it there. No wait.

DONNA FAYE What a cute bag ~ looks like it would hold just a gum drop. I am sure you will enjoy using it for it will hold all you will need.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:29 AM   #23  

Good morning to you all. Today is commissary day so we will be heading out about 9:30 or so to finish up the groceries for the next two weeks. Jack is going to put a couple pork chops on the grill for dinner. I think I will put together a salad for myself and whatever potato Jack wants. I am not a huge potato eater.

My skirt steaks turned out pretty good last night. I used a marinade overnight and all day yesterday. I got it from Alton Brown, that food network guy. I skipped a couple things in it, but for the most part followed the recipe. I don't keep fresh parsley on hand for one thing.

Jean: It is always amazing to me when I see your grandkids all together. They all look like siblings rather than cousins. They looked like they had fun at the park. I have to say I have never heard of blueberry flavored coffee. I'll have to tell Jack about it. I quit using metal backs to my earrings and buy the little rubber ones for all of them. I find it is a lot cheaper to replace them for sure and seems I don't end up with sore ears that way either. I spent about an hour fixing my necklace and restringing two of my bracelets that came apart. I have to put extensions on my bracelets and have a bad habit of trying to put them on without opening the clasp and they with come apart that way sometimes. I have big wrists.

Maggie: Hope you can get everything organized to get your move progressing.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:50 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon! Started out as a cloudy day but the sun came out around noon, a welcome sight! We made a quick trip to the cabin because Bob wanted to get the flat tires on the small boat trailer fixed and mow. The lake was really quiet and the few people, who were out in boats, had on jackets. Other than reading the Sunday paper and scooping litter boxes I haven't done much today.

Maggie, the little train sounds just the ticket for the motorhome. Unfortunately, iPads aren't worked on locally. I spent a long time on the phone yesterday, first with Verizon where the gal seemed to know what she was doing, spoke excellent English, and tried several different options. She had the notes from my two previous calls and couldn't figure out why the second guy even took my call because he wasn't Tech support. No wonder he didn't know what he was talking about! She suggested talking to an Apple rep and transferred me to a man who may have known what he was doing, but had me so confused trying to follow his instructions because his English was awful. I finally said it wasn't working and he told me to have a nice day. So Verizon will send me a box, and I send it in to either be repaired or replaced.

"Gma," hope your commissary trip went quickly. I've never seen blueberry flavored coffee anywhere. Maddy is going to be the "shorty" in the group once Kolby shoots up. Will is 6'3" so I think Kolby will be tall. Being 18 months younger, Zowie is a half head taller than Maddy, and of course Ian towers over them all. Kolby looks like Will (Kolby has really dark long eyelashes that Maddy should have) but people who knew Beth when she was little think Maddy looks like her. Ian and Zowie look like Jason with the blue eyes and blonde hair. All together they do look like they belong together. They are growing up too fast! I have trouble getting bracelets over my hand if they don't come apart.

Bob just suggested an ice cream cone so we are off for a ride. Enjoy your evening!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:10 AM   #25  

Good morning everyone. Boy I am stiff this morning so have to get up and get the ole muscles going. I got up to go to the bathroom and noticed I twisted my neck last night somehow so now have a stiff neck with everything else.

We did the shopping and of course they are back to their old tricks of no cashiers. There were employees with racks of stuff all over the place so you had to dodge and weave and they have stuff all in the aisles again. The store is closed on Mondays so I don't know why they do restock on Monday instead of having customers try and get around them. One gal was putting up baby food and had the rack dead in the middle and I had to try and squeeze around because she looked at me and then just went back to work didn't even ask if she could move it. We got in the car and Jack said, "Well, that's the least amount ($221) we have spent for groceries in a long time!" I said, ya, except for the $95 we spent at Fresh Market, the $40 at WM and the $25 at Krogers!!

Jack stayed up and watched the Cubs game last night, which was against the Dodgers so it was later. He got to see a no-hitter. Our pitcher pitched a no-hitter. I watched the video of his last pitch and it was pretty cool to see the whole team come out and jump on him and such. I think they go back to Chicago now.

Jean: I guess I didn't realize that Zowie was younger than Maddy since she is taller. They are just all as cute as they can be though. I imagine you will keep them. We have been having trouble with out Ipads, "sticking." We can't figure out whether it is the Ipad or the websites and I think it is the websites and our Uverse. They will get on a website and then you can't move for a few seconds like in the old days on computers when you had buffering all the time. Since it is doing it with both of them I imagine it is the websites.

Everyone have a good start to their week. I am going to read a bit then get breakfast and get started on some housework if my shoulder and neck loosen up.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:53 PM   #26  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it's very humid today! Counting went well -- church was in the park so not much money to count. Since the gift shop was closed one day last week, not much to count there either. I went to the Verizon store and re-explained my iPad problem to the gal I talked to last week. She spent a few minutes checking things, asked another gal a question, and the problem was fixed. It was VPN that I don't need and somehow got in the mix which screwed up my Wifi. Anyhow, I'm due for an upgrade and a new phone which would be for Bob, saving us about $50 a month. We are heading back to the store this afternoon! I am a happy camper!

"Gma," you'd think the commissary would stock shelves on Friday to get ready for weekend shoppers. Our one grocery store has kids come in at 6 am to stock shelves. Rarely do I ever see anyone doing that when people are shopping. The other store and WM almost has someone stocking shelves. That store is always "out of" the most popular items that are in the weekly ad. They will give rain check but that's a hassle too. The non-English speaker kept telling me that it all depends on how fast MY provider is. I'm glad he didn't ask how fast because I have no clue. I'm glad your Cubs are winning! I felt bad when the guy fell over the railing and died. I couldn't figure out why he would lean over so far.

Bob is trying to stain my front door where he rubbed a spot too hard to clean it. He wanted to paint it but I like the wood grain. I may be getting a new door if this doesn't work. He is ready to go so I'm off! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 08-31-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #27  

Good morning to you all. Going to be hot, hot this week and near 100 this weekend it looks like. I have to go to the optometrist and pick up my contact, which finally came in. I will wear it the rest of the week and then have her write out my prescription so I can order them. I need them to get on it as I have worn this pair two weeks already so will need to change them out in a couple weeks and have nothing to change them out to except the old ones, which I can't see with.

I got my shawl last night and it will go really well with the dress and such. Jack likes it a lot so there you go. I think men like sparkle.

I had to order a couple new sleepshirts and a new robe so I went ahead and am trying a pair of capri style pjs and see if I like them. They'd be great for wearing around the house if we are just hanging out. I have a heavy robe, but it is too much to pack for cruises and trips. This one is lighter and long and zips instead of ties, which I like. I bought it a size bigger so I have lots of room. I usually get gowns at WM, but they haven't had anything decent lately so had to get them online at about 2 1/2 times the cost. Ridiculous.

Jean: I got that darn VPN thing on my Ipad and it screwed up stuff too. I finally discovered what it was and shut it off, but I can't delete the darn thing. I imagine Apple could take it off, but that would cost me to have them do it so it will just stay there turned off. I am eligible for an Ipad upgrade, but I like my mini just fine. I did just get a new phone though. Not much difference IMO, but then my old one was acting up so I needed something newer. I hate trying to get people to understand problems over the phone. In fact, emailing seems to have people screw up what you are telling them too. I think I explained something perfectly well and they send back a response that makes no sense. I saw that my dress and shrug should be delivered today so we shall see how long it takes for them to refund my money. I know one thing, if I get anything else from that company it will be through Amazon, not their company directly. I am not about to wait a month for delivery. Did you see the picture of the whole Cubs team in pjs? The manager had a pj party on the place flying back from LA to Chicago. Everyone had to wear one piece pjs and some of them were a hoot. They had a where's waldo guy, teenage ninja turtle, some camo stuff, superman, one guy had a minion one on, you name it. Funny picture seeing this big old baseball players sitting around in pjs like kids.

Everyone have a good day today. I have a lot to accomplish and little ambition, but it needs to get done so we shall see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 083015-20-MLB-Chicago-Cubs-OB-PI_vadapt_620_high_0.jpg (43.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by gma22; 09-01-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #28  

Good Morning! The sun is shining and the weatherman says it will be another humid day. I've noticed the Oriole traffic has slowed down but the hummingbirds are still coming to the feeder. The birds aren't as chirpy in the mornings and the robins are disappearing. I guess they must know that fall and colder weather is approaching. Today will be more laundry, vacuuming fur bunnies, and maybe some dusting. Tomorrow is my colonoscopy so I'm not especially looking forward to this afternoon.

"Gma," I need to look for a new robe too. On my walk through at Penneys the other day, the clothing choices aren't getting any better. I don't know anyone who would wear sleeveless, thin fabric, tops in our winter climate! I found it interesting that the tech support reps had no clue about the VPN, and I asked all of them because the little wheel kept whirling around. I felt so DUMB at the Verizon store because I assumed they could upgrade the iPad I have now. Nope, a new one to the tune of $500! Told her since she fixed mine I was good to go for awhile longer. Bob decided to keep his ratty looking flip phone so just changed our plan to save us about $48 a month. I did see the Cubs' pj picture on FB.

​I need to get dressed and get busy. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday -- where did the last three months go?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:10 AM   #29  

Good morning to you all. Boy it is humid here this morning. We went to pick up my contact yesterday afternoon and they were closed! They close at 2 PM on Tuesdays. The idiot girl never said a word when I told her I would come pick it up Tuesday afternoon after Jack got out of work. This is clear across town and we had to fight rush hour traffic so I was pretty steamed. So, I had to get up and keep the car this morning so I can go over and pick it up. I am calling tomorrow morning and demanding they have my prescription ready for pick up on Saturday. My optometrist doesn't work on Fridays. I love her to death and she is great, but frankly the work ethic is a little shaky. She comes in late for her appointments for one thing and then is off early on Tues, off Friday, doesn't work every Saturday and not even sure they are open on Sundays at all. So, I have to go and do that today when I wanted to work upstairs.

I have several things being delivered today, mostly for the cruise. Jack bought himself a hygiene bag from LL Bean because he can't get his full sized body wash, electric razor, shampoo etc all in his kit bag that he has had for several years. I have a sneaking suspicion this thing is bigger than he expects it to be. You can unfold it and hang it on a door so I bought these heavy duty magnets to put on the walls of the cabin (ships cabin walls are all metal) so we can hang it and towels and such. My gowns and robe will be here today and a couple other things so we should have a revolving gate today with FedEx, UPS, and USPS all delivering.

The lady from across the street came banging on the door last night around 9:30. I don't open the door at night, but she went away and came back so I got up and went to see who it was. Jack had forgotten to close the garage door and it had been open all afternoon and evening. I really appreciated the fact she came to tell us, but like I said, the people here are really nice to us, maybe because we try to be really nice to them. What goes around comes around.

Jean: I have a JC Penney card and Jack said it isn't worth the plastic it is printed on anymore. I like Penney's but I don't know how long they are going to be able to keep their head above water. Seems the news is always saying they are in trouble. I use my card just enough to say it is used and always pay it off before the bill even comes. Hope the "invasion of your privacy" went ok today. I have to go after the first of the year when Jack has time off again. At long as they don't make me drink that nasty stuff when I had colon surgery, I don't mind. I usually take a bunch of laxative instead of drinking anything and don't eat anything for 24 hours. We didn't get 6's, we bought Iphone 5's this time around. The only thing bad about that is you can't use Apple Pay unless you have a 6 or above, but that's ok. We only use our phone as a phone pretty much since we both have Ipads. I have bought Jackson's Halloween stuff and bought him a tshirt and an Ipad bag so far for his Christmas. The tshirt is from Vans and it is white with spider webs all over it. Thought a kid would like it. I had a gift certificate that paid for half of it.

Well, on with my day. Hope yours is great!!!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #30  

Good morning ladies! 90 degrees already. We've had rain in the forecast for several days but not one drop has fallen. Everything is turning brown including by grass and flowers.

I'm feeling better but still have a dry cough and kind of weak. It always seems its a month when I get something. The pool at the Y is closed for its annual cleaning this week so I'm not missing water aerobics but I haven't gone to yoga either. I'm hoping I can go Friday morning.

Faye, you are going to be a lovely lady on the cruise with your new clothes.

Jean, hope your day wasn't too bad.

Maggie, that train will be so cute in the MH. Have a safe trip to Texas!

Have a wonderful day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote