Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #166  

Height: 5'7"

Hello! I have missed you all.

I know you all knew I wasn't here due to work...it's always that is the case with me

Really it was ok, because I had an unexpected $600 expensive together with a 45,000 mile service on one of our cars a couple of weeks ago, so this OT will take care of that total $800 expense.

Not only was a I working a lot, I was dealing with some work drama. I had a great review from both managers this year, words like exceptional year,
very proficient, sought after by others for mentoring, created time saving procedures..and then they tell me that in ratings they heard from 2 section heads (people a level down from them, one by two levels down from them), that they wondered if I have a good grasp on calendar management because 3 weeks ago, I moved, or shortened their 1:1 time with their managers.

They asked me to please be very careful about doing that. I was floored!!! I did go back to the calendar (I always print a copy of it two weeks out before I start changing things and I could prove that I moved one because the SH had a conflict--now mind you I couldn't give them the full hour they usually get but they got 45 minutes, and the others had to do with the fact that our GM & President of Beauty put meetings on the calendar for the other times and they did it that morning.

So, what I said to my managers was that I would most certainly take it as coaching for the future and I would be going back to see what happened so that I could learn from it. Then I placed a copy of the 2 weeks before calendar and then a snap shot of the calendar after the changes so they could see what happened. I didn't say a word, just left a copy on their desks and said, FYI. (of course I have a copy of it in my CMA file!)

Let's just say that it has me thinking about how loyal I am to my managers and do personal things to help them out, like taking paperwork to their house on my way home (and it's not really on the way) because they left something at work, or the wife forgot her meds at home and they were flying to CA for the week, so I go get them and send them express to CA and wait for them to pay me back when they return.

Our when their kids come into the office with them for work because they have to go to a doctor appointment, and the boss has a couple of meetings, could I just check on them and keep them occupied. From now on, when that happens, I will say (with a smile)...I would love to but I have a meeting across the street I need to go to.

From here on out, it's professional and my usual nice self, but sweet...nope..no place it in the work place anymore for me.

My managers did say they realized I have a very heavy work load and that maybe it was time to redistribute some things and could I take a look at it and give them some feedback on what might need to be handed off to our other 2 admins and maybe even to some of the SH's. Oh, you bet I will!

In the end I did get my 1 rating with a sentence that the feedback was to help me so next year this sort of thing didn't happen again in ratings. I asked if perhaps we could meet qrtly to go over things during the year (like they do with the other people the manage--Admin's always get their time pushed back or rescheduled because of business needs, so usually I am lucky if I get to meet with them at all before the end of year performance reviews, same way for other Admins) and that way they could gather any thing that might be noticed by the SH and corrected in a timely manner and hopefully by the end of the year, the SH were satisfied with the "changes" that were made and they didn't see it happening again.

From here on out, it's professional and my usual nice, helpful self, but sweet and give up my time with managers when it comes time to discuss how things are going, or needs that I have for my career...nope..no place it in the work place anymore for me.

OK..rant over! Thanks for listening

Laura: Congratulations on your 20 yr work anniversary! That is quite an accomplishment. Sorry you are sore from the exercise but really, it's a good thing. Remember..lots of water to drink and stretching to help that.

Annie: It sounds like you are getting in a lot of nice exercise! Are you finding that you have more energy? I usually do.

Dee: I hope your massage was wonderful! How are you feeling? I keep you in my prayers, my dear friend.

Terra: What is your user name of My Fitness pal? I would like to find you and friend you. There are several of us on here that use it (at least off and on--I need to start again..doing that TODAY!). What is paratransit?

Happy: Your FB pictures from Madeline Island were so beautiful. It sounds so serene there.

Ceejay: I think we all have thought "maybe I will go just a bit shorter with the haircut" and then thought "Oh no!" Hey..it's hair and it grows back.
I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I missed it here but I did catch it on FB.

My father-in-law had his eyelids done 2 years ago do to them bothering his vision. It was all paid for by Medicare as it was deemed medically necessary.
He got along great with it. Looked bad for about a week but then after that, he looked great! I kept teasing him and saying "you look refreshed". People tell him he looks younger and I always wink and say "well..he had a little "work" done! ..just like the movie stars! "

Shad: 4 more weeks.....hang in there!

Michelle: I enjoyed your bubble run pictures and all the pics you have from your recent 5ks. I so miss doing them. I think I'm going to do one at Thanksgiving for the "Turkey Trot" and then get my gel shot right after. My knee isn't too pad right now. But I can have another one in October. I'll see if I can train without pain and then wait until after the race. My knees always hurt after that. DH wants to do one and I can do it if we walk.

Ok..I need to get some things done around here. DH went to church and I skipped. I just wanted some time along where I could organize and just take my time. That work drama stole energy from my soul and I need some time to myself to just piddle around.

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 08-30-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:19 AM   #167  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

We had a very successful fundraiser for the Humane Society yesterday. They had some REALLY nice items for the silent and live auctions. I bid on a few but there was some stiff competition and deep pockets out there. I guess the golf outing draws the wealthier crowd. For example a nice basket of homegrown heirloom tomatoes, a cookbook and cute kitchen towel went for $110 And... I noticed that just about everyone had to pick up and handle those tomatoes so towards the end I decided I really didn't want them even if I got the last bid One couple has a cabin on Madeline Island where we stayed this week. They offered a 2 day stay at their cabin, a round trip ticket for the ferry and a $50 gift certificate for dinner at the marvelous place we ate at. I bid on that too but the final bid was $637 - too rich for my blood but all in all - that was about what you'd pay in season. I was glad they did well - we have some huge building related expenses for both the shelter and the thrift shop. Today I have a meeting with the ladies who will take over handling the books at the shop. Several of the husbands are coming along for various reasons and we are going to put them all to work looking at the roof leak while we organize

I have also decided I am going to try the 21 Day Fix / Beachbody diet plan. It works with my preferred style of fresh, non processed foods and you get colored portion controlled containers for fruits, vegetables, proteins and fats. One of my buddies here is on it and she like Annie is highly motivated to look her very best for her son's wedding next May. So she's excited to have a diet buddy. I have spent the last 2 days getting familiar with the plan and getting organized. The biggest challenge for me is getting 30 minutes of regular exercise in each day. Some people are foodies, some are exercise queens. I am more of a foodie planner and need someone to beat me with the exercise stick.

Ceejay - you still have time to decide where you want to live but think about it carefully. My best advice to you is to not plan on anyone else in your life - go to the place that will make you the most happy. I say that because all in all the only one you can really count on is yourself. Like you say, with your sister her issues with her daughter or trying to "control your life" in a sisterly way might cause you to distance yourself eventually. Go to a place that you can afford, that has enough of what you are looking for - whether it is shopping - and by that I mean access to even just good, healthy food, medical care, or the hardware store for those incidentals. I also realized how important it is that I landed in an area where most of the people here are around my own age. Living in the city with younger people would not offer me the opportunities or even sometimes (senior) benefits that interest me now.

Shad - how much longer until you are sprung from this contract? Good luck with the training.

Laura - are you feeling a bit less stiff and sore today? Your yoga class reminded me of the one I dropped at the senior center. She knew the moves but was not a good teacher to others. Yikes, it sounds like transferring cell phones is as big of a PITA as swapping out computers. But then again, I guess the smartphones are very much mini computers in their own right.

Michelle - have you started training for your half marathon yet?

Annie- you make me laugh. Did you recover from your day of exercise are you motivated to do more? When I am tired and don't want to do something this week I will think of you. Are you sleeping better?

Dee - how did your haircut come out? Are you feeling better after sitting in the hot tub? Having fun with the grandkids this weekend?

Terra - I think if you keep up with your walking routines you should do fine on the physical test. Most of those things are about endurance - can you walk 20 minutes on a treadmill at faster and faster speeds? You might have to do extra videos so that you can be prepared for a January test since you won't be getting outside much in November or December. Brrrr.

Susie- I was very happy to try and put eye makeup on yesterday. But then I realized I can't see my eyes well enough to put mascara on accurately. Can you please come do my makeup? How is DH coming along? Still upset about the afib returning? Did you make some you time this weekend?

I should probably go get myself some breakfast of some sort and get ready for my meeting. We will have to leave a bit early as DH will have to bring his big ladder to the shop and will have to hook it up to the trailer. Have a good Sunday everyone!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #168  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Susie ~ MyFitnessPal name is Tera_1984 ...When I signed up for MyFitnessPal I was typing too fast and I ended up mis-spelling my name and I wasnt able to correct it so thats why its like that.

Happy ~ I dont know if I can walk faster and faster on the treadmill at faster speeds, I've never tried it before but hopefully with the walking I do when the weather is nice and with the exercise I do with the dvd hopefully I'll be able to pass the physical test come Jan. but if I cant I've found a cheaper way to get the para transit bus passes, Instead of buying 2-20 ride bus passes each are $68 dollars, I'm gonna buy 1-20 ride bus pass for 68 and then a 10 ride bus pass for 34 so then its cheaper if I get to stay with para transit after the physical test.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #169  

Evening all.

Terra - Not to pry, but do you have to take that physical test to prove you are physically able to take paratransit buses?

Happy – Good that the fundraiser went well - more money for the HS!! Whoo! People can be very generous - or is it they just get carried away while bidding at these auctions? So what are the food/eating principles of this fix/beach body plan? Good luck! Re my muscle soreness, Friday was the worst of it. Yesterday & today were fine. Good thing cuz tomorrow is the start of pilates!

To be continued tomorrow! Typing on this phone drives me nuts!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:04 AM   #170  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

What a glorious hot, humid nasty start to the week and more to come throughout this week and weekend. Guess when you get a wonderful 70's, no humidity week you have to pay for in the next week. Bleh.

RE: My avatar picture. We had to take a selfie head shot for the new National Sales Manager so he could put a face to the names when he joins our meetings. We all went to the conference room and took it in front of the Wells Fargo paintings on the wall. Soooo not really in the west, just faking it. I wasn't really happy with the pix but you know what?, can't take my pix and expect it to look like Christy Brinkley. It is what it is, I guess.

Let me see, hmmm, Friday night was pretty peaceful. Saturday, Sis and the boys and I went shopping to finish up getting stuff for the wedding/reception. Ended up spending another 250.00, but that should be the last of it. Sam and Chris sold his truck that didn't work but just needed a battery and a tune up for 1800.00. I told her the rest of anything that is needed for the wedding is coming from their pocket. (Photographer & DJ, which I have already paid the deposits.) Saturday night was home with my babe, not much excitement. Sunday the there were no services at church for their annual event "The Church as Left the Building". Small groups go out in the community, pick projects and help elderly, beautify places, etc. So C and I went to lunch, then dropped by Michael's house for a short visit, then came home. C took a nap, Sam and I went to take my shoes back to Shoe Carnival, then off to Payless where I found a pair of shoes for the wedding. Stopped by the CosmoProf to get hair supplies then to Meijer to pick up a few groceries. Home again, home again jiggity jig.

SHADDIE...not much longer now, must be similar to serving a prison sentence without the bars and grub. Bleh.

HAPPY...hmmm, let me know how you like the 21 day fix. Right now I need a 12 day fix. Wedding is right around the corner. Not really sleeping any better but trying not to do electronics in hopes of getting to sleep. So far no difference. I did recover from the day of exercise, of course back at it today. I have noticed a slight difference in my leg strength. Enough to make me keep trying. Loved the pix from Madeline Island. I agree with you on the cost of the bidding for that prize. You could probably go cheaper than the amount the bid went for. Yikes. Glad it all went well for the HS.

LAURA...I don't like posting from my phone either, drives me batty. Unusual for you to get sore from exercising. No pain no gain... Congrats on your 20 years of service. I am coming up on my ONE year of service here at WF on September 8. Hoping this is the last ONE year of service celebration that I have and on to retirement in 9 years and 8 months. ba haha, if I make it that long.

TERRA...get in gear sister so your January physical turns out much better than expected. Good luck.

SUSIE...Tough row to hoe when someone lays BS like that on you about your review. I think they just have to come up with one little thing negative so they can give you something to work on. Be loyal and true to yourself first, then if you can spare a little something extra for the managers, do it. I learned a long time ago, it doesn't matter how NICE and HARD you work to make the managers lives easier and happier, in the end the crap on us. Stay strong sister Susie! Hugs

CHELLE...love your bubble run picture. Thanks for the atta girl on the exercise, I still have a long way to go to catch up with all the rest of you. Like HAPPY I need beat with the exercise stick. Get some rest for yourself. Quit pushing yourself so hard.

CEEG...Do what you WANT to do for you in retirement. It is all such a tough decision. Hope you have a good time at your sisters. Sometimes siblings get along better from a distance (i.e. me and my bro that lives in Illinois).

DEE...still praying for you and hoping you had a great weekend with the grands and feeling wonderful. Hugs.

That's about all for now. Make it a great Monday. Hugs to all.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:08 AM   #171  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Well yesterday went to heck in a handbasket very quickly. It started out decent enough. We went to the thrift shop. DH had the trailer attached to the 4Runner so he could bring his big ladder. We parked at the back of the shop, angled and had the cashier move her car because it was in the way. One of the other book ladies parked to the left of her right as we drove up but she was not in the way. We had our meeting - it went great. The guys got bored waiting for us so they walked to the next street and went and had a beer and a chat at the pub around the corner. Figured they would be back long before we were done. We finished our meeting, did a few things and N who was parked right behind DH said she was leaving. It didn't occur to me that DH was blocking her. She came into the shop about 10 minutes later and said she hit our truck. For the life of me, I don't know WHY she did NOT ask me to move the truck. I had keys and could have backed it up. Instead she tried to wiggle around and proceeded to smash the living daylights out of the left front and side of our 1 year old SUV at the front headlight and all in front of the left wheel well. She smashed her own car as well. It had to have been quite the crash. She was very apologetic but it was smashed really bad - almost tore the front bumper off the car and it was hard to keep a brave face, mostly because I didn't understand why she didn't just say we were blocking her. The boys came back about 5 minutes later and I was really happy that DH did not blow a gasket. So we called the police, made a report and now will have to get the car fixed. Today DH is taking the older Toyota into Duluth to get it looked at. The check engine and skid control lights are constantly on so we hope this is not the start of the Avalon having expensive old age problems. Then DH woke me up yesterday morning and said their was a bat in the house. He figured it followed me in when I came home late Saturday night. We know we have bats flying around the house at night which we don't mind because they are good bug eaters. I said I think I'd notice if a bat followed me in so while I didn't doubt the presence of a bat, I did doubt his theory of entry. It was making the cats nuts about 3am. It started flying around the house at 5 when he got up and he thought it went into the basement - the most cave looking room in the house. So I'm talking to my Mom last night and I notice the cat with big eyes looking at the ceiling. Our house is divided in half. The living room and dining room have a 2 story high ceiling and at the peak of that ceiling is a ceiling fan on a long rod about 6 feet long. There is a cap type cover over the electrical part of the fan where the wires go into the ceiling. The other half of the house has the kitchen area above which is the open loft area where we have the computer desks. So I look up at the ceiling and there is a bat crawling underneath the cover of the ceiling fan. DH is sitting in the loft by his computer. I call him. The bat hides. We have those can type lights imbedded in the ceiling on each side of the peak of the walls. VERY bright when you turn them on. So I turned them on and sure enough, out pops the bat. He comes out and is hanging bat like on the edge of the ceiling cover. Then he decides to start flying in the house. At first he was high on the second floor ceiling, then he decided to take a spin through the loft area. Then he started flying lower, about 3 feet off the ground around the furniture. All the while both cats are hollering and jumping, DH is trying to figure out how to capture the bat and I'm thinking how to get it outside on it's own. It was nighttime so I turned on the porch light which I knew would attract bugs (and maybe the bat) and opened the screen door and told DH to watch the cats so they didn't decide to make a run for the door too. After about 6 loops the bat flew right out the door. We went outside and DH determined that they were coming in via a small crack in the siding or chink in the stone of the fireplace chimney outside. He was going to try and stuff a rag in the crack. He got his ladder out but could not get quite high enough to get to the very top of the roof. As we were trying, another bat - maybe the same one - flew back and mocking us, went exactly to the spot and crawled back into the house. This time it did not make an appearance by the fan. We looked things up, bats are endangered species - you can't kill them. Not that we could reach them and we don't want to kill them anyway - we have bat houses up at the garden - why can't they live there? So now we have to pay someone to trap them and get them out of the house. So... I have thousands of dollars to pay for my eye surgery, a car to get fixed, body work on another car - better not cost us a deductible or N will be paying that too, pest control and the stocks have taken a tumble so DH is nervously watching our investments. Probably better I did not get that bid on the Madeline Island getaway after all As DH said, when it rains, it pours - why must expenses all come at once?

And the Alaskan salmon man is coming today to the farmers market after a long wait. I guess the salmon fishing was not as plentiful as in the past so he doesn't have a lot of fish to sell. DH is in Duluth with the other car so I have to drive the big 4Runner and it's my first time driving since surgery. I really don't like driving the big 4Runner anymore, but it's the only way I will get my salmon if I want it. At least I don't have to worry about an accident I have to go get dressed so I can be one of the first ones there. Will come back for personals.

Oh and we are supposed to go on a sunset cruise on Wednesday on Lake Superior. When I booked the cruise it was supposed to be sunny and in the low 80's for temps for the 3 days before and after the cruise. Today I looked and Wednesday is supposed to be in the 70's with a 50 percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Can't I catch a break????

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-31-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:15 AM   #172  
Annie - Indiana

Holy Bat Crap HAPPY! Ok, here is the bright side...you are not paying for a wedding at the moment. I know, not funny. But that is really a great bat story and it is a true story. Maybe you could add to it and sell it has a horror story. And yes, dang it, when it rains it pours. Hugs sister as you certainly need them. Hope your first venture out driving went safely.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:46 AM   #173  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Sorry I didn't check in over the weekend. So busy...but lots of fun. Friday was weight loss surgery support group. Saturday was a 5k, errands in the afternoon, and then a doggie-friendly, ranger-led full moon hike around a picturesque reservoir. Santa and I walked with a friend and her dog. We all had a great time. Yesterday, I did a hula aerobics class with a friend, followed by a salad lunch, and relaxing and laundry in the afternoon, and Santa and I walked the mile each way to the dog park. I was quite tired by the time I got home.

I'm so looking forward to a 3 day weekend!!

I'll check back later for personals.

Love and big hugs,
Old 08-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #174  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Really quick post for Happy....When I lived in WI, we had a bad come into the house on 2 separate occasions. They would sneak in over my head when I was letting the dogs out/in at night. The first time, we chased it all around to no avail. after about an hour or so, I thought outloud...wouldn't it be great if we had a net....then it dawned on us to get the fishing net. The holes in the net were large enough for the bat to get through, but what my husband did was caught it in the net then wrapped it up in the net. He took it outside unwrapped the net and it flew away. The next time it happened we went straight for the fishing net and had it out of the house in less than 5 minutes. Do y'all have a fishing net? Even if you don't, at least fishing nets are cheaper than pest control services.

Last edited by diyana; 08-31-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:28 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning.
Had a good day at work yesterday. I like those kind of days. Told myself it was to be my day. No bosses etc.
Retirement is a really bigger decision than I would like for it to be. But for now I've made up my mind based on my uncle. I really hate seeing him so depressed and me the reason. I do try to please every one but not myself. Think this time I have to do it for myself, that is if I want to be happy.
I contacted my friend who recently got married about getting together for lunch on Friday. I will be driving through the city where she now lives and thought we might get together for lunch.
My throat is trying to get sore. Farmers this week end were cutting and bailing hay.

------
Susie
Just a word of thought on my behalf concerning your review. My bosses have told me they can't give a 100%. Did your father-in-law have both eyes done at once?

Annie
I like the picture in the avatar. Don't blame you for telling your kids that the rest of the money spent for the wedding will be their responsibility. And I agree about siblings getting along better at a distance and being around each other every once in a while. It kind of scares me to think that I may be in my nieces shoes one day.

Happy
I've seen those colored containers advertised on t v. I do like the fresh summer fruit and veggies. Glad the fund raiser was a success. The final decision will be mine. And I think my main problem is trying to please everyone.

Laura
I know the feeling of trying to post from the phone. I do like my apps for mfp and fb. Would be nice if 3fc had an app.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:35 PM   #176  

Morning all. Happy Monday, and happy payday for me. Last day of jeans - bummer! It’s gonna be hot this week, so I’ll probably wear my cotton chinos. They’ll be more comfortable than my dress pants, which are all made of synthetic fabrics.

My weekend was alright. I still had the muscle soreness on Friday, so I didn’t do much that evening except whine and be miserable. Thankfully I was much better the next morning. I puttered around Saturday morning until my hair appointment.

On the way to the salon, I was stopped at an intersection about a half block down from the train station when a dog without a leash crossed the street. I stopped and looked to see if someone was nearby walking with it. There was a woman, and she called to the dog, but it wasn’t her dog. She just wanted to check his tags to see if she could find the owner. We checked the dog’s collar - there was only a rabies vaccine tag. The vet we use is a couple doors down from my salon, so I offered to drop the dog there to see if it was chipped. Luckily I had our sedan with the doggy hammock covering the back seats and the dog jumped right in (very friendly dog, large in size, lovely fur, just beautiful, and sat and stayed at my command in the vet’s office, so it had some training). The vet’s office agreed to check the dog while I went to my appointment, and about 10-15 min. into my appointment, a salon employee came to my chair and relayed the vet’s message that the dog was back with its owners, and the owners thanked me. The dog had apparently gotten out of its yard. I was so glad to hear that news because I didn’t know what the vet would do if they hadn’t tracked the owners down by the time their office closed. I stopped in at the vet office after my appointment and learned they had been able to track the dog to its owner via the rabies tag (turns out the dog was a patient of the vet). Good ending. I do hope the dog is chipped, and it would be good if they also got an ID tag for the dog with at least a phone number…

After my hair appointment, I stopped at the thrift shop and then went to the market and bought the ingredients for my Thai cucumber salad. Back at home, I made the salad, walked the dog and then it was time to go to a cookout at another couple’s house.

They moved into this house last fall and it was the first time I’d been there. It’s a lovely house with a large screened-in porch overlooking a nicely landscaped yard, but for just the two of them, it’s awfully big. And this woman is a major shopper. She had it decorated nicely, but it’s also filled with all sorts of framed photos, wall art, and all sorts of other decorative furnishings – tchotchkes, knick-knacks, whatever – not my style, but generally nice. All I could think of while I was getting my tour is that she’ll likely end up like my mom in 30 years – giant house filled to the gills (way more than my mom’s). Anyway, we had a nice evening with our friends and got home around 10:30-ish.

Yesterday I mostly puttered and did some laundry. I was in the basement with the laundry and decided to get some more vhs taped stuff recorded onto our DVR machine. One of the tapes was a “home tour” of our current house done just after we’d signed the purchase contract back in 1999. The video was done by bf while our home inspector was working on the inspection. While I had it recording onto the DVR, I watched it (it’s only about 15 min. long). So fun watching that and seeing the house as it was when we bought it. I can’t believe we were able to see past all the clutter, wallpaper, and bad decorating in that house to ascertain the quality of it! I mentioned to bf that he’d made a comment while recording about how much junk the sellers had in the basement…and I commented to him that 15 years later, we’ve nearly accumulated as much down there as they did. Then ensued a conversation about getting a basement cleanup project going, followed by the two of us actually going downstairs and tackling two boxes of stuff. It was a good start.

Tonight’s my first Pilates class of the session, otherwise nothing exciting going on.

I have to shop for some new foundation/face makeup. Trying something new is always difficult. I wouldn’t consider a new kind, except my skin is really acting freaky lately – every once in a while I get hives, or I’ll have a breakout that’s there one day and gone by the next morning – very strange. I attribute it not only due to a change in my birth control rx but also to my own body’s fluctuating hormone levels (change is coming!). I’m just not sure what kind of foundation to get. My skin isn’t any oilier - or drier for that matter - but I do feel like I need more coverage… Oh the fun.

That’s about it for me. I’ll be back later for personals.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:17 PM   #177  
Annie - Indiana

Yippity Skippity doo dah day...got the presentation/reports done for my boss, he heads out to Des Moines IA for the rest of the week, then Monday is a holiday. In-house vacation. Oh Yeah!! Unfortunately I have to run the pipeline call tomorrow and do the yikky report on Wednesday, other than that smooth sailing, I HOPE!!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:08 PM   #178  

Hi girls. Back with personals…

Annie – Yay for boss-less workdays! My boss left at 2 pm today and will also be out on Friday. Whoo! Yeh, I guess we are indeed paying for our lovely cool temps last week. I got out at lunch and after a very foggy morning, the sun was blazing and it was rather warm and it’ll only get worse as the week goes on. I’ll just remind myself to be grateful that this is summer weather and that summer isn’t over yet! Re the avatar – a-ha, it’s a WF background. I thought it might have been from some fun outing with the grandkiddies. Yay for finding the wedding shoes! Haha, you’re already doing a retirement countdown clock. I’m so far off I won’t even bother to count yet.

Ceejay – I guess another thing re retirement to keep in mind is that you don’t have to do anything major right away. I bet you’ll learn more about yourself and how you want to spend your time once you actually experience full weeks and months with no 12-hour workdays! Re posting to 3fc on my phone – at least 3fc does have a version of the site formatted for mobile phones that makes it a wee bit easier to post. What do you mean by having your eyes done, assuming it’s not a cosmetic procedure?

Michelle – Good suggestion for Happy re the net. Sounds like you have a great weekend. Hula aerobics? Sounds fun!

Happy – Yikes re the bat situation! I would be closed up in a room without the bat if one got in the house and let bf deal with it. What a situation! So you have to get the bats out, and you have to get that crack fixed. Sorry to hear about your SUV. How in the world did it get so badly damaged if this woman was just getting out of a parking space?!! Usually one does that sloooowly. And it’s a pretty new vehicle. That stinks. You’re having a bad run of luck. I hope you did okay driving for the salmon man. And yes, of course you have to worry about an accident – you don’t want to damage the other side of the SUV. I hope the weather forecast changes before the cruise on Wednesday.

Susie – Too bad about the drama with your review/ratings. You should have heard about any issues directly from the section heads when it happened, not been taken by surprise at review time. But if this gets them to lighten your load and not keep piling it on, then that’s a good thing. You really put your all into this job and it must have really ticked you off to have that come up.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:42 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
I have what the eye doctor calls airplane eyelids. I've always called them puppy dog eyelids. The eye doctor told me they were blocking some of my vision. I haven't noticed it yet but if he mentions it in November I may have the surgery done in 2016. I'm not to concern about my retirement. It's like the old saying goes, you can't please all the people all of the time. It's all about me right now and my happiness. Hope that doesn't sound conceited.
Thank you for "rescuing" the dog. I'm sure his owner were happy to get him back.

Unless something happens between now and 7 p.m. I'll have had another good day.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:36 AM   #180  
Annie - Indiana

September 1st.....Let me see, HAPPY, wanna start the new thread? Worldlies Sashsaying into September

Met Sissy at the Moose Lodge to pay for the catering. I told her not to go over 1000. We are doing appetizers and 2 kegs of beer, tea, water, everything else is on the guest. No open bar. Total came to 987.50. I think I am done paying for wedding/reception stuff. This has been a VERY expensive year with the taxes and this wedding. I think HAPPY and I are sailing the same boat. Time to abandon ship HAPPY! Ready to jump Thelma? Love Louise.

CEEG...glad your work days have been smooth. Makes work a little less like work. wink. A friend of mine, her mother had the eyelid surgery. It does make a difference according to her mother.

LAURA...Yes I am not looking forward the the 90 degree temps and humidity clear through labor day weekend. It is so hard on C and is a drenched, smelly mess when he comes home from work. First thing he does is jump in the shower. The girls here and I were going to walk down to Mass Ave for lunch, but it is 5 blocks one way. Too dang hot to do that. Probably move that out a couple of weeks. Retirement- I am really quite far off to do a count down clock, seems like wishing life away.

CHELLE...I am like you, looking forward to the 3-day weekend! You need to take one of the days and do completely nothing. Just rest.

Hello to all make it a great Tuesday/night.

Hugs
Closed Thread