Old 07-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #151  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay – It’s nice we now have ways to check the radar when we need to. Bf checks the weather all the time – I think he’s kind of obsessed with it, lol.

Shad – Wow, you’re buried! Training for 6 weeks straight!!! If ever there was a time to clone yourself, this might be it.

Happy – Oh, yes, there was a lot of laughing going on at the adult toy party, especially as the toys got more “sophisticated”. I frequently say that my smart phone is smarter than me, and I think some of those toys were also too, LOL. Some of the names were very funny too…It was a fun time. Yes, the edging is done, but just on the one bed – the one I did. I overheard bf on the phone saying he was going to wait until everything was dead in the beds before dealing with them. Uh, yeah, like he’s going to be working out in the yard in November. NOT. I will have to be the nagging witch for this to get done, I just know it. Or I can try to tackle it myself…Re the weeds, yes I think they did much better this year because of all the rain we got. Weeds that typically don’t flourish well when the heat hits and spring rains are done just kept growing with all the cool/rainy weather we had early in the season.

Yes, there are now many great grocery options in our area. People are enthralled with the Mariano’s in AH (their prepared foods, deli, cheese, butcher, olive/salad/soup bars) and that place is like a nuthouse whenever we’re in there. There’s talk of another one opening a wee bit closer to us, on the Des Plaines/MP border, and that would be more convenient for us. Our old Dominick’s store is still vacant – sure wish a Trader Joe’s would go in there. No talk of it though. There is talk of redeveloping that entire strip mall… I’ve just got a few new tops, surely not the equivalent of a new wardrobe. Three of the four work well with jeans/casual bottoms and are nice cool woven cotton. The 4th I bought on a whim and looks good with black or gray. Not quite as versatile, though it does have elbow length sleeves and will span a few seasons. So you & DH are both newbies to Macs? That should be interesting for you! And by interesting, I mean challenging, LOL. Good luck. I’ve never used a Mac. And good luck to you with the roof work, and wishing you the best with the surgery tomorrow!!

Annie – Good news about the Moose Lodge. Hope it stays that way. Ouch re the burn! Yeh, I bought a couple toys (but not the ones smarter than me!). Unfortunately, they were not in the stock the party lady had brought with her, so I’m waiting for them to arrive in the mail…in plain brown wrapping, of course, hahaha. And no batteries included - apparently the sender gets in trouble from the USPS if packages start buzzing enroute, LOL.

Michelle – It sounds like you had a really great time in southern CA with your family and friends. Any idea of when you think you’d want to make the move down there? I don’t have a large or close-knit family, but my SIL is relocating back to my area this fall, and hopefully my mother will be here in the near future as will. Looking forward to both of them being back.

Hellos to Susie, Terra, and Dee!
--
I had an offsite meeting this morning, so I skipped the jeans. Unfortunately the top I chose needed a cami underneath. It’s a hot & humid day, so it would have been nice to not have to wear an extra layer!

Nothing much else to report. I didn’t like the transitions eyeglass lenses that darken in the sun, so I didn’t get them on my new glasses. So the sun is an issue. Or I should say, it was. I lucked out and found a sunglass clip almost exactly the same shape as my eyeglass frames at Walgreens last week. Only $15. Bf didn’t find one close enough to fit his frames, so he might get one he found on the internet. Especially made for his exact frame, so of course it's a lot more expensive. Bah.

No movie night tonight – our “leader” is out of town.

I still haven’t bought my group fitness punchcard. I did get an email from the recplex. The fitness center part of the recplex (area with weight machines, cardio equipment) is closed for about 3 weeks for cleanup. The circuit class I like to take is held in the fitness center. The Tues/Thurs classes are cancelled and the Saturday class has been moved to another park district facility in the area. I’m thinking of waiting until the fall session begins before I buy a punchcard – September. I dunno. I think part of me is just being lazy and wants to enjoy my “summer break”, lol. The other part of me would prefer to use the time to do the outdoor yard projects I have in mind. But that doesn’t stop me from taking weeknight classes, so I suppose I should get off my butt & do something.

Oh, it finally occurred to me to have the lawn treatment service spray the graveled area on the south side of our house for weeds. Duh. Not sure why I didn't think of it before. Anyway, they did a service yesterday and sprayed that area, which currently is filled with some very tall weeds. Wonder how long it'll take for them to die....

Okay, I’ll stop rambling now. Off to post. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:43 AM   #152  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Wishing Happy a successful and painless surgery tomorrow. Hope to hear from you over the weekend. Don't push it too hard at the beginning

Hello to everyone else. Practising typing with my toes.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #153  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hump Day, Yeah Man, used to be Mondays were my yuk report days however it got moved to Wednesdays. Bleh. I just hate once I hit send cause the emails start flying and the phone starts ringing. Beginning to wonder if I should answer my phone, "I am sorry, you have reached a disconnected number". lol

HAPPY...good thoughts and prayers flying your way.

SHADDIE...now known as the "Toe Typer". haha

LAURA...if you travel by plane and take your new toys, be sure to take the batteries out first so your luggage doesn't vibrate. lol Men make big promises on helping with yard work then I find C taking a nap. hmmmm. Truthfully it has been too hot and humid or just down pours of rain to even get out and do anything.

Hellos to the rest of ya's.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Sending you good vibes. Hope things go well. I will be shopping for a new computer soon. I was waiting till the Window's 10 came out so I would not have to upgrade. I want one that I can play games on.

Annie
I have thought of the same thing when the phone starts to ring off the hook. Hope the new about the lodge will hold until after the reception.

Michelle
Sounds like you had a fun week visiting with family.

Terra
I will let you know about your recipe. Gonna make it this week end.

Laura
Depending on the weather you should see a difference in two or three days. My uncle uses Round UP and that's usually what will happen. Glad you found a clip on sunglasses that fit your regular glasses. I don't like the transitional sunglasses either. I wear some that fit over my glasses.

Nothing new or exciting for me. This week except Monday has been easy in which I'm grateful
It's 80 degree's starting out this morning and I have some things to do downstairs. Better get with it.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:52 AM   #155  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - Sending you good vibes and prayers for a successful surgery and a quick and comfortable recovery!

Laura - I went to a "toy" party years ago. They can get pretty funny!

Annie - I hope today isn't as yucky as you predict. Sending you hugs.

I'm so sorry ladies...I don't have time to post much. Work is insanely busy. The upgrade went ok from a system perspective, but I can't seem to get my work into the new system so that the website looks the way I left it on Thursday. We need to be nearly done with it by this Friday, so I'd best get cracking. In the evenings, I've been working on a freelance website project that also has a quick deadline.

That being said, even though I think of you lot all the time I may only be able to check in sporadically. I will be looking for posts about Happy's surgery.

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #156  

Happy - Sending you good vibes for a successful surgery today!! :
Old 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #157  

Morning all. This week is crawling. Bleh.

Michelle – I hope you get your work into the new system and looking the way it should!

Ceejay – Glad your week’s been mostly easy. My week's been easy I guess, because I'm not as busy as I was. But that makes it go more slowly. I better get myself busy!!

Annie – Sorry the report day is so yucky. I’d be so tempted to just not answer those calls that come in about it, but to respond when I was ready. Our lawn needs mowing so badly right now, but it’s so darn hot and humid, I get why bf hasn’t done it yet. It’s been like a sauna outside.

Hellos to the rest of you. Hope you’re all having a good week.
--
I bought a fitness punchcard last night – a combo card. Five punches for spin classes and five for regular group fitness classes. I went to a spin class last night. It was called “Spin Triple Play” - 30 minutes spin, 15 minutes strength, 15 minutes core and stretching. It was fine. The instructor wasn’t very energetic, so that might have made it less good than it could have been. I think she alternates with another one, so I might try it again next week to see if there’s someone different. In the meantime, I will go to the circuit class on Thursday. If the weather's too humid for yard work on Saturday, I'll also go to a class on Saturday.

Tonight’s a hair appointment. Just a color touch-up. I haven’t had my hair cut since May and I’m thinking I’ll just keep letting it grow. I want it long enough so I can wear it in a long braid. I don’t know why, I just do. I suppose my stylist will ask how I like the Color Conserve shampoo and conditioner (Aveda) I bought at my last appointment. I like the shampoo, but not the conditioner. The conditioner doesn’t leave my hair easy to comb through. I keep using a bit more each time to see if that makes a difference, but not really… It’s too expensive to be “just okay”.

That’s it for me. Buh bye.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #158  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yes it was a busy day

Laura ~ Thanks

Annie ~ Yes I did get my cleaning and exercise done

Ceejay52 ~ Okay I'll look forward to hearing what you thought of it after you eat it.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #159  
Annie - Indiana

Good Grief, we walked to the City Market for lunch then on Wednesday's they have a Farmer's market out in the street and shut the street off to traffic. I bought sweet corn, tomatos, cucumbers and greenbeans. Very excited about that.

LAURA...glad you got your punchcard and back in the exercising mode. See I don't have to get back into the mode cause I never got into the mode in the first place. bahhahaha

CHELLE..don't get so busy that you forget to take time for YOU!

HI TERRA...
Old 07-30-2015, 12:39 AM   #160  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I made it through the surgery. Kind of hard to do anything with one eye. Going to the doctor's in the early morning. Will remove the patch and we'll see (pun intended) just what life looks like with this new eye and how cock-eyed I will be for the next 2 weeks. I'll be back later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:38 AM   #161  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Good to have you back safe and sound Happy
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:45 AM   #162  
Annie - Indiana

YEAH HAPPY! Glad all went well. Please do share you doctor's visit with us once you get home.

HI SHADDIE!

Not much to report since yesterday afternoon. C wanted homemade beanie weinies for dinner. A big YUK in my book. I was so full from lunch it didn't matter to me what I fixed. So BW is what was for his dinner last night. Did a load of towels, flipped and folded, put away. For only being two of us, we certainly go through the towels. Then at the end of the week is a load of Sassy's towels we use in her cage. She must learn to do her own laundry.

This month's check up for my brother was not good. His PSA has gone up into numbers not desireable which indicates the cancer is on the move. There is not much else that can be done at this point. Prayers please. He is not in pain yet so that is a good sign.

Breakfast is fabulous. FF cottage cheese with a yellow tomato and a green onion cut up with it. Yummy. I can hardly wait to try the corn on the cob from the farmer's market tonight. Going to make fresh greenbeans with potatos and ham in the pressure cooker.

Hello to everyone, I will check back later.

Hugs
Old 07-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #163  

Morning all. Yesterday was hot, but not quite as humid as the day before. I was out at lunch and kept pretty comfortable if I stayed in the shade. It’s walking a block or two in the sun that got to be hot. Today’s just gorgeous. Wish I were at home.

Happy – Glad to hear you made it through the surgery - I take that to mean no complications cropped up! Anxious to hear more after your patch is off.

Terra – Are you going to your cooking class today? What’s on the menu?

Annie – I hope the sweet corn is tasty. Today’s one of the days for a downtown farmers market here, so maybe I’ll get over there. I could really have gotten used to not exercising, but my body just didn’t like it. If I could get my exercise done on weeknights, it sure would be nice to not exercise on the weekends. Once I go to a Saturday morning exercise class and then go home and shower, I’m not likely to do any major/dirty chores around the house/yard. Just laundry, dog walk, errands. Someday I’ll get it all balanced out.. Sorry to hear your brother’s PSA wasn’t good. I'll say a prayer.

Hi Shad!! Hellos to the rest of you!

==

Nothing much to report. My hair appointment got cancelled last night and rescheduled for Saturday at noon.

I have to make an appointment to see my doctor. A couple months ago I had a bad bruise on the front of my leg right where it meets the ankle, and it was itchy while it was healing. Now there's still a red patch just above that spot, and some other smaller, lighter red patches up my leg along the shin, and even some on the shin of the other leg. It's been a while, and I'm not even sure this was related to the bruise or if it was just a coincidence of one being so close to the other. I also need to discuss my shoulder numbness problem with the doc because the effects now seem to be lingering during the day in the form of tingly-ness in my right hand, a carpal tunnel feeling, and a couple times this past month my hand was blue from what I take to be poor circulation. I sure don't want permanent nerve/circulation issues from sleeping on my side!

Bf mentioned he wants tacos for dinner tonight, but I think I’m going to an exercise class. I have to keep to 2 classes per week to finish my punch card by the end of August, and I’d rather do it on weeknights than on Saturday.

That’s all folks.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #164  

Height: 5'7"

Hello All! The week has flown by. I have gotten a lot done with my bosses out of the office the past week and a half. Both of them are back tomorrow.

I am working from home today as I had a filling this morning and with the commute, it made more sense to work from home.

DH had a 3 month check-up with the surgeon for the fistula. She is very pleased with his weight-loss...he is at 42 lbs gone. She measured his BMI with one of those scales you stand on and it says he has a BMI of 33. She would like it to be 30, so she says 15-20 more pounds. That is just about in line with the cardiologist and taking DH off his blood pressure meds.

The surgeon is keeping DH on the suppressive therapy for infection, she is pleased that it is working well for him and that he has done so well with his weight loss. She feels all of this will make the surgery easier. She did talk to us about what to expect with the surgery and healing. She said he will be in the hospital a week! I mean...it seems that no one is in for a week anymore, and then 4 weeks at home. She will see him again the 1st of November and then do the surgery the next week of the next.

I got 3 AM workouts in this week. My food has been so-so. I need to start logging it again.

Happy: I hope you are doing better and better each day with the vision. I had Lasik about 10 years ago after wearing glasses to see things far away since I was 8 yrs old. It is so great to see without them. I now have to use cheaters for reading and the computer but that is ok with me.

I think you will love not having to wear glasses for distance.

Anne: It sounds like Cissy's shower went so well and she got a lot of nice things and could replace the "old" things with her new things!

I hope the reception venue thing doesn't become a issue.

I'm sorry to hear about the report for your brother. Continue to pray.....just because the numbers increasing means one thing, it doesn't have to be that way for him; it could turn around in an instant. We will have faith and hope in the Lord and He will give us peace.

Laura: Good for you for getting a new punch card. I think you should try the other instructor for the spin class just to see if it is the class of the instructor.

Your story of the "toy" party had me chuckling. I remember the first time I went to one. I have never been "sheltered" girl, but I was like...are you kidding me?!! with some of those more sophisticated toys.

I like Annie's advice for when you travel---although I was reading the posts while eating lunch and I just about "spit my teeth out!"

Michelle--so good to hear you enjoyed your trip. I have heard that Southern CA is a wonderful place to live especially San Diego. They say the weather is perfect.

Shad: typing with your toes!!!! you should get some toe rings to make you "fancy". lol

I am sorry you have having to work so much. When you said "some day I'll have friends again" I thought, boy I know how that feels...it gets old fast. And it's hard to break the habit of working all the time. But I'm working on breaking it! If I can help it, no more 50-60 hour weeks every week. I am ok with 45 max but not the other unless something big is going on.

Hi to Ceejay, Dee and Tara!

Back to work for me..lunch time is over.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's been a lazy day.

Happy
Glad things went well with the surgery.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote