Old 05-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Packing day tomorrow. Hallelujah. Think I have done all to the house that I need.
Nothing else happening around here. So I might put myself to bed and do it all over again tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:11 AM   #32  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hmmm, last out, first in.....

Not much to report. C went fishing yesterday on his day off. Came home with a 3lb bass, 3 huge crappie and one nice silver. Fish is on the menu for dinner tonight. Also had the ADT rep come to the house to see about security. The dang teenagers in the area are getting very bold. They have caught some of them but they seem to be like rabbits and multiply by the dozens. Getting installation this evening. Equipment was free, and only 39.00 a month. Well worth it. There isn't really anything in my house that I cannot live without, if you want it, it is yours. The thing I worry the most about is them getting inside and either hurting or stealing Sassy. My heart would be so broken. So, yes, Miss Sass is worth 39.00 a month. lol.

LAURA...thank you for the review of Avengers. I will def have to see it. May have to wait til it comes out on DVD, as there are so many things going on right now. Birthdays, bridal shower, wedding, Sam turns 30 in November, I turn double nichols in June, don't have everything pinned down just yet, other than the venue for the shower and the reception. So much to do. Good on you for tracking food and losing the 2lbs. I am a firm believer in tracking, it really does make the difference. Rather than guessing everythihg. Make it a great Thursday!!

CEEG...I don't know how you keep all that business with the water/tanks/pole people/delivery straight. I guess that is one way to keep the brain moving and not going dull. Yes, my co-workers are the best here. No real sourpusses like at Humana.

Hello's to everyone...I must get busy since I will be out for a bit to go to the doc this morning.

Make it a great day! Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:11 AM   #33  
Annie - Indiana

SHADDIE...posting over my head...happy packing. Glad all your chores are done and rest is upon you!
Old 05-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #34  

Morning all. Beautiful day out there. I’ll have to get out for a bit at lunchtime.

Annie – Sorry the teenagers are becoming a problem by your house, but it’s good to have the peace of mind a security system can provide. I think if we didn’t have Coal, we’d have one too. I get how people end up seeing more movies on cable or Netflix or DVD than in the theater - if I didn’t have a movie group with a leader who takes on the task of looking up the movie theaters and times and taking the vote each week, I sure wouldn’t be getting out to the theater to see movies all that often. This is proven by the fact that bf and I haven’t been to a movie together in quite a while – I think we last went to see “Gone Girl” together. Yeh, tracking makes the difference. It’s tedious and sometimes impossible (unless you eat the same stuff every day and never eat out, LOL - who does that??), but it works for me…WHEN I DO IT! So does the Yoplait Greek whip yogurt have artificial sweetener in it? For some reason I don’t care for that stuff in yogurt. (Even though I have a packet of Splenda in my daily mug of tea.)

Shad – I’m sure you’re glad you’ve got the house all squared away before you leave. Will you be back sometime during your assignment, or are you there the whole time?

Hello everyone! Hope you’re all having a great week!
Went to yogalaties class last night. The gym we had class in is the one with the stupid rubber/vinyl floor, and it also has a gigantic HVAC unit hanging from the ceiling in a corner and the fan was on last night and it is LOUD. The regular instructor asks the building to shut it off for our class, but the substitute did not. I was a minute or two late for class and I took a spot in the back on the same side of the gym where the fan is. Couldn’t hear much of anything, but I still managed to get a good workout. I like that instructor. I was annoyed that I’d worn my glasses and they kept slipping down my nose. And I did a few poses that bothered my sore shoulder, because I’m an idiot. Live and learn.

Tonight I’d like to do an exercise class at the recplex or go for a ride with the bike club, but I do have some stuff to do at home, like a phone call to make and a load of laundry to do…I might just ignore that and go for that bike ride. But I’d have to inflate the tires on my good bike, and put the old headlight on it. I think I’d be okay with that light for now – the rides go until dusk. Yesterday I noted that it was still somewhat light out at 7:45. I’ll think about it.

Okay, off to lunch I go.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #35  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA....yes the yogurt has some sweetner in it, but I like it. It is hard for me to follow an instructor at any class much less wit a big noisy fan going, plus being in the back of the room. We are having a very wonderful, lovely day here also. Friday, Sat & Sun are supposed to be rainy. Bleh. A bike ride sounds fun. Sam has had my bike for the past 3 years. Don't think I will get it back. Oh well, she rides it a lot, I didn't ride it but once when I had it. Got it at a garage sale for 5 bucks.

Went to the doc this morning. Everything checked out great. The pain in the back must be residual pain she said. It is much less painful today if at all at times. She said just try ibuprofen when needed. No meds. My BP was 110/74 and my weight since January is down 11 lbs. Right around about 20 lbs down now, I think. Want to lose another 20 or so then I will be happy. I orgininally said 25or 30 but now want to shoot for 40 total. I can do this. Yes I can.

Happy Thursday all.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #36  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yeah I got back to exercising

Shad ~ I was doing good I thought but when I went to my doctor's appt. today she said I had gained 4 pounds but I'll get back down to where I was or lower hopefully.

Annie ~ My appt's have been going well. I go see my primary doctor every month and See my med's doctor every 6 months.

Laura ~ The walking is going good. Cooking class made Lasagna this week, I wasnt there today cause I had a doctor's appt but I'll be there next week on the 14th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Evening Ladies!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt do much today but I went to a doctor's appt. and thats it. I just got done walking for 30 mins. I also need to do the dishes as well. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hit the wrong key on this sensitive key board and lost the post. ugh I took a much needed nap this afternoon. Would you believe around 5 hours worth of extra sleep. I'm a bit groggy but my body is feeling more rested.
Need to clean up the kitchen.
If it's not raining tomorrow and I don't have to go to Paragould I'm going to trim some bushes and clean my vehicle.
I may go to the insurance person to see what my options are for when I turn 65. I found out that there is a time limit on doing this. ugh

-----

Annie
Don't blame you for having ADT installed. I'm glad I have mine. I do need to call them tomorrow to have them help me reset the time on it. Still haven't learned how to use the camera monitor either. So glad that the colitis pain is almost gone.

Laura
Did you go on the bike ride?

Terra
Good for you in taking that 30 minute walk.

Shad
Enjoy the time off.

Last edited by ceejay52; 05-07-2015 at 10:13 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #38  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chick a dees!

TGIF fo sho....

Dinner was fabulous last night. C did his bass and crappie fillets, I baked them in butter, salt n pepper. Made cheese rice and garden veggies. My bro came for dinner. What a wonderful evening. The ADT installer came and got us all hooked up. I tell you, how can an alarm system be so intimidating to arm and disarm...lol. I think we have it figured out. We can only hope. If we leave Sassy to roam, she is so small she shouldn't set off the motion detecters, unless she goes to her leaping from the back of the sofa to the floor, that could set the alarm off. Yee.

CEEG...wow what a nice nap you got in. I would never sleep at night if I did that. You should stay home this weekend and not go to Paragould, it is obviously wearing you out, you need to be rested for work.

TERRA...glad you are getting your walking in. Every bit helps.

HAPPY...just a shout out and hope you are enjoying your family. Hope momma is not driving you insane. lol. Patience my sister, breath deep.

Hello to all, have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:30 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
So far I've not been summoned to Paragould. A man is selling the furniture this week end. And there wasn't that much of it. The neighbors wanted some of the furniture. Think I'll put myself into packing mode next week end. After all I only have one year left here. Can't believe I'll be able to retire in August but I'm waiting one more year.

----
Think I'm going to go down to the insurance office to see about applying for Medicare benefits.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #40  

Morning all. TGIF.

Annie – I might have to try some of the light yogurts again, but last I recall I didn’t care for the flavor. Yesterday we stopped at the market for a few things after dinner and I ended up buying a couple different yogurts that have stevia in them. I did try the stevia packets a while ago and didn’t care for it because it was too sweet, but we’ll see how it tastes in the yogurt. Re your bike – at least Sam’s getting use out of it! And getting your money’s worth too! I’m glad everything checked out at the doc and that the pain has subsided. This must be motivating you to keep on the straight and narrow with your eating, huh? The fish sounds tasty, and every time you mention cheese rice, it just sounds so yummy. What kind of cheese do you use? I guess that alarm system will take some getting used to…for everyone, including Sassy.

Terra – Maybe some or all of the gain is just a fluctuation due to water retention from eating something salty. But just keep going with the walking, it can only help. Yum, lasagna. I do make a decent one that my bf likes, but I rarely make it because I usually want to use homemade sauce in it…I either need to give that up and either use a store-bought sauce or make my own sauce ahead of time.

Ceejay – Wow, that was a long nap - you must have really needed the rest. But you’ve been going to Paragould for several weekends now and doing a lot of driving and physical work, so that’s not the norm. Glad you haven’t been “summoned” back there so far this weekend. I didn’t go on the bike ride or do an exercise class last night. Good idea to get into downsizing mode now. My mom’s got a lot of that to do…

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
##
I’m in sleep deficit. The night before last, we had the windows open and at around 4 am-ish, I woke up when the neighbors were doing something that included closing the car doors several times. And just in case I wasn’t already awake, their car alarm went off. It took a while to get back to sleep. Then last night, doggy woke us up, again around 4-ish, panting. BF had let doggy sleep instead of getting him out in the yard for the last time of the evening like we normally do. So he needed to go out, and bf also decided doggy was too warm and so we closed all the windows and turned on the AC. Again, didn’t get right back to sleep. And of course I have the darn alarm clock set about 15 min. early in my unsuccessful (so far) plan to exercise before getting ready for work. So the alarm goes off and I hit snooze a couple times. Bleh.

My poor mom had to put her dog to sleep a couple days ago. He had an immune condition that made him sick and would gradually have worsened. He was a good companion to her and she misses him a lot. The dog (Jack) had been my brother’s dog before he died last year, and my mom had recently gotten in touch with the vet that my brother used. She learned that Jack’s first visit to the vet had been in 2006 and he was full-grown at the time, so he was older than we all had originally thought - at least 9 years old. For a big dog, that’s a pretty long life, so I think we can take some comfort in that.

Nothing planned for this weekend, so plenty of time to do stuff at home. It’s forecast to be rainy, so it’ll be indoor stuff.

Nothing else to report, so I’ll get this posted. Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #41  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...I generally use Velveeta cheese but last night I used shredded mild cheddar that I had left in a bag. It was pretty good. I had the leftover rice and fish for lunch today. Quite yummy. Sorry to hear of your mom's dog. It is a hard thing to go through. The only way I got a bit over Bella was to get Sassy. I am more attached to her than any of my previous dogs, I guess cause she is such a lover. Hugs to your momma. I am NOT a fan of stevia. OMG it is just horrid. No matter the amount, I no likey. I am particial to Sweet n low or equal, but rarely use either of them. Sorry about your sleeping. I must say I have been getting a lot of rest since Saturday evening. Every night at least 6 hours straight sleep then go right back to sleep for another hour or two. I feel like a prayer has been answered. If it rains all weekend guess I will also do inside stuff. Lord knows there is plenty of it to do!

I just looked up how many city blocks in downtown Indy makes a mile. Today I have walked 14 blocks. Web said 8-12 blocks equals one mile downtown. So may have walked 1 1/4 mils???? I walked to two different banks and back, then went out a bit ago and walked down to the T.J. Maxx. Went to look at dresses for the wedding for me, but they didn't have any, instead I bought a new purse (very light pink-Nicole Miller brand??) and Curtis a new Addidas pullover w/collar. Black and white, looks sharp.

I have a meeting at 2:30 that I need to get ready for, bleh. Who schedules a meeting on Friday afternoon from 2:30 -4:00?? Don't they know that is winding down time? hah.

Later ladies.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #42  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's dog.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #43  

Annie - Velveeta makes sense - it melts well. I do remember having it in the house as a kid, but bf and I don't buy it. Though bf used to like those velveeta shells and cheese kits... Good thing I only bought two cups of the yogurt with Stevia. Two different brands, maybe at least one of them will taste alright. I'm so glad your sleep's been good this week! Ick, hate those late day meetings, especially on FRIDAYS. My boss has set one up from 3-4 next Friday. Hate when he does that. Good job on the walking kiddo!

Michelle - Thanks, yeh very sad. I can't imagine how hard it'll be when Coal's time comes.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #44  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Friday

Annie... Yumm fresh fish What a busy girl U will b all summer just remember to follow your doc's orders to keep up your strength. 20 lbs down... Sorry about the teens in your area being thieves, scary that U could get a home invasion, I'm glad U got a alarm system, we don't have one. We keep Dh med's low key, ppl will do anything to break-in to steel a RX & his Gleevec costs BC/BS $6,000 monthly before their price break & our RX co-pay is $200, plus his monthly vicodin/Norco. Walking downtown I'd walk 1 way then b shopping in many the stores shopping all the way back looking @ sales me loves clothes, but shoes r not so easy I inherited low arches so most of my sandals r Vionic, cute w a orthotic footbed. I find many on sale @ QVC or Zappos. What kind of doggy is Sassy? I've bred AKC Miniature poodles, AKC Pomeranians & AKC miniature Long coat Dachshunds over the last 25 yrs & I'm ending my breeding w our miniGoldenDoodles in 2016. We had a beautiful AKC Golden Retriever, but I didn't like the maintenance w her coat shedding, that's when I began the GoldenDoodle line to end the shedding probs. Did your doc put U on probiotics w your colitis? We have a 40's friend that thought he colon cancer when his weight rapidly dropped & had GI pains, it was colitis too.

Ceej... When's your 65 b-day? Did U decide to move or stay where U r living? My Dh has a friend that's 63 & planned to wait to 65 & retire & he had a heart attack @ home that wrecked his retirement plans, sad to work so hard & have it end short screwing up his health. With all the hard work you've been doing for your family how r your pounds falling off U doing U certainly have been getting a work-out w bending, lifting, carrying

Laura... -2 lbs. Our theater outings r only w our little kiddos. We have 2 Smart Samsung's 50" TV's, 1 in the bedroom & 1 in the family room, a 32" TV in the morning room adjacent to the kitchen. I like to toss fresh fruit into plain nonfat yogurt too. I don't like the idea of old fruit w preservatives mixed in my yogurt or things that r supposed to b healthy unless the fruit is frozen fresh. Grilling time is the best & we use fruit wood to add extra flavor from our apple or cherry trees. I'm so sorry about Jack's passing, that's hard, I hope she has another pet in her home to comfort her.

Terra... Pounds come & go but as long as we "don't give-up on ourselves" to get fitter, that's all that matters & walking is wonderful for us, both emotionally & physically I'm very proud of you that U keep working @ this

I had a bad allergy attack after doing lawn work, cleaning the garden trying to get all the violet runners out of the lawn & weeding around the coneflowers, etc. I haven't found a competent employee from +30 interviews during the last 2 weeks... I'm stressing out w all the work orders I have to fill, its not fun anymore. Some ppl that know me r suggesting I stop sewing for ppl as I do designing/tailoring & instead to supplement my Home Interior jobs w a website business or Etsy & I'm considering doing that if when I get my current work orders filled if I'm not able to hire a year-round employee to work w me & the university apprentices I train. I've been stress eating & when I put on my favorite white jeans today, they barely zipped-up, so I weighed myself... No more fast food drive-thru's this summer until I lose 6#.

Tomorrow we're going to our local nursery so I can score lots of flavors of basil & mints & other herbs before they're gone & our normal veggie plants & also get lot of colors of marigolds to pot around our doors/windows to keep the skeeters from coming indoors biting & around the doggy areas, deck & garden.

Have a wonderful weekend & Happy Mother's Day to everyone. Michelle, Susie, Happy, Shad & Danni Many of us no longer have our mom's w us, but we r mommy's to our pets & their lives depend upon us so please take comfort in that as the world celebrates Mother's Day.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #45  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ceejay & Annie ~ Yeah I agree that every little bit helps thats why I'm gonna keep at it until I'm finally at goal.

Laura ~ I hope its just water retention and not an actual 4 pound weight gain,When will I know if its water retention or its an actual gain? Anyway I dont like lasagna but I do like other kinds of Italian food.

Dee ~ Thanks for being very proud of me. I'm not gonna give up but I just get upset when I have a weight gain but I know I get back down to where I was or get even lower which would be awesome cause I havent gotten under 279 yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Afternoon Ladies - So far today I've taken a shower, I still need to clean the house and go for my daily walk. I'm still trying to get through my shows though. I'm slowly getting through them. I'll check in tomorrow. Take care everyone
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote