Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 11:01 PM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, and yes, Wabbit, I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Although I did have a small snitty moment when DH informed me that he had vacuumed up the bat poop "for me". But I was running errands for him, etc., with elan. Look that up in your Funk & Wagnells.

k
Old 08-11-2003, 11:05 PM   #62  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

great style and grace perhaps??? I must look it up==========KIWI----WE ARE REWATCHING ' STORM OF THE CENTURY' BY YOUR "STEPHEN KING"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPYYYY---I LOVE IT THOUGH!!!!!! IT'S ON THE DETROIT STATION.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:07 AM   #63  

Default Geese and pigs?

HHS HHS indeed....
Kiwi-- LOL about atrophied mouse in the mending. Who knows what might show up in my knitting supply baskets... and now that our cat took a walk we are at the mercy of geckos and squirrels... (I don't think mice are the principle nuisance around here. We do have suburban cottontails, though.)

Wen my kids were in school, my theory about the calendar was that administrators made it as hard as possible on working parents. Schools start "early" and then have 5 day breaks around Halloween, Thanksgiving, 2 or 3 weeks at Christmas, a week at the end of January, long weekends for Pres Day, and Easter/Passover. If you have a "regular job" that means you either have no real vacation days left to rest and have vacation, or it means you have to scramble to find temporary child care.
AND TEXAS HAS FEWER ACTUALLY SCHOOL DAYS than most other states. No wonder we're all so dense. Cow manure and conservatives. No offense to any of you who like either or both of those.

Did Peaches move out of the country? to Figi?
When will we know about Lushette?

Hope all is well...
We had rain today! Woohooo. It kept the heat down into the low 90's... and the sunset was magnificent. It is supposed to rain until Thursday. OK by me. Maybe the Roses will remember it is blooming season.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:56 AM   #64  

Geez. did you read about the guy who went in for surgery for bladder cancer and ended up having his penis and testicles amputated? Then they told him that they made a mistake and there was no cancer in those organs. Eek. I didn't need to read that today.

We don't have mice. We had a full blown rat infestation last winter. ick. ick. ick. We also have the most adorable squirrels that run around in our trees and drive my doggies nutz. So far they haven't tried to move into the house.

I'm sorry you're all still sweltering. It's absolutely weather perfection here. Another reason you all need to move to Oregon.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:38 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by PainterWoman
Wen my kids were in school, my theory about the calendar was that administrators made it as hard as possible on working parents. Schools start "early" and then have 5 day breaks around Halloween, Thanksgiving, 2 or 3 weeks at Christmas, a week at the end of January, long weekends for Pres Day, and Easter/Passover. If you have a "regular job" that means you either have no real vacation days left to rest and have vacation, or it means you have to scramble to find temporary child care.
AND TEXAS HAS FEWER ACTUALLY SCHOOL DAYS than most other states. No wonder we're all so dense.
Well, naturally. In the land of Dubya, you can't expect to get away with having to work to support your family without paying a price! Now if everybody would just accept those paternal handouts and go ahead and be rich, think how much better a place this planet would be. And don't get me started on this whole "working because I love my career" stuff -- that is strictly for trust fund babies, and don't you forget it! If you can't afford proper household staff, you just stay home where you belong, missy!!

I went to the School of Sarcasm, can you tell?

I actually had DH and DD considering taking the canoe and the kayak out for an afternoon paddle on the lake today instead of sorting filthy boxes in the garage and I've been thwarted by impending thunderstorms (what? you don't want to be 20 minutes from the nearest solid ground when the lightning strikes?) I'm afraid that once this muggy weather breaks, which it's supposed to this week, it'll be cold the rest of August and I'll never get this family out on the water. Boy, this unemployment thing really sucks. At least when we put the sailboat in the water, we would get out of the house once in a while!

My Internet Explorer keeps crashing. I almost lost my whole post. I actually retyped it on the other computer before letting this one fold up on itself

I read that article, Wabbit, that is the height of horror. People make jokes about writing on themselves with permanent marker to show which limb or organ the surgeon is supposed to be working on, but I think it's a good idea.
Yo! Doc! Don't touch the jewels!

Quote:
great style and grace perhaps???
Close: "vigorous spirit or enthusiasm"

My stepfather is having cataract surgery today. My mother called me the day before yesterday and chatted for a long time and never mentioned it Also my brother's stepdaughter had a baby 2 weeks ago and I haven't even called her yet. Guess I better get on the stick, eh?

Kiwi
Old 08-13-2003, 12:05 PM   #66  
Member w/ messiest house

Awright, where is everybody? Don't give me this "I have stuff to do" baloney. Post!

If you don't post I'll write more boring stuff, and you'll all be sorry.

I went swimming and kayaking yesterday in the lovely cool lake (well, many of you wimpy southern types would call it cold). We moved our crappy old floating docks off of land and put them in the water next to our crappy old stationary dock. I think maybe they were more useful where they were. Now I have to climb over rocks and driftwood to get the kayak in the water. But on the other hand, they're less in the public eye.

Some evil moron stole our aluminum boat a few weeks ago and had taken it down below the dam and pulled it out of the water on the other side of the river. When DH spotted that it was gone, he went to talk to the guys that were working on the dam and they had seen it. So we hauled it back, but really! I guess whoever it was figured they'd go get a trailer and come back and haul it away. You hardly ever see anyone around here, but when you do, probably about half of them are up to no good. Makes a person very distrustful.

Kiwi
Old 08-13-2003, 01:17 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Need your advice

Okay, wise women, I need input. I am thinking of submitting the list below to McSweeney's Lists, just because I think it's really funny, and it might be something they'd print. Now, I don't mind putting it on here without running it by DH, but I don't think I would dare submit it to another website without asking him if he'd mind. What do you think? I should probably just forget it. It is funny, though.

What My Husband Bought At The Grocery Store While I Was Away On Vacation

Smirnoff Vodka $13.99
Bottle Deposit $ .15
Kraft Miracle Whip, 32 ounces $ 2.49
Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon $11.99
Bottle Deposit $ .15
Yellow Tail Shiraz $ 6.99
Bottle Deposit $ .15
Cheez-Its, White Cheddar $ 2.19
Planters Macadamia/Cashew Mix $ 4.99
75% Lean Ground Beef $ 1.95
Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese $ 2.19
CPCD Dark Russet Potato Chips $ 1.89
Pastrami Rounds $ 4.23
Provolone Cheese $ 2.49
Entenmann's Raspberry Danish $ 1.99
Donut $ .50
Bagel $ .50
Bagel $ .50
Old 08-13-2003, 06:06 PM   #68  

Wow. A gourmet cook. It's funny, but it looks exactly like my DH's grocery receipt before he decided he has to lose 20 lbs. in 10 days. He bought 3 pears and a watermelon for lunch yesterday. He didn't eat it all. At least you know your DH hasn't been entertaining lady friends while you're away.

This is my last post before the boobie bob, girls. I'm a wreck, and I keep asking myself if I'm really going to do it, but my back has been screaming at me all week, so I know I have to. If I go through all this and my back doesn't feel better, I don't know what I'll do. Cry, I guess. Geez. I hope I can sit up straight too. That would be cool.

Still waiting to hear how the Lushlette is doing.

'byyyyyeeeeee! I'll try to get back here by monday to let you know how it's going.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:09 PM   #69  
The magic shrinking cow

Good luck Wabby!
Old 08-13-2003, 10:38 PM   #70  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Miss Lushette is fine. She came through the operation swimmingly and her recovery promises to be problem free. There was no bone damage, so this may be the end of this. We get a final diagnosis on Tuesday.

Wabby, Linda had a bob and it changed her life! She has young kids and it was a torture to run after them. Now she is light...like Twiggy...well, she's still no slouch in the boob dept, but she recovered pretty quickly and has never expressed a regret. You will do fine. You will be amazed at how it feels to wake up without a backache.

Kiwi, post the list...it is hysterical.

I have no news....soccer is starting...I dread this. The fall marathon, soon to be followed by the winter marathon. Ach. I'm sick of driving people places already.

Or, maybe I have PMS of the perimenopausal variety.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:40 AM   #71  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
Wow. A gourmet cook. It's funny, but it looks exactly like my DH's grocery receipt before he decided he has to lose 20 lbs. in 10 days. He bought 3 pears and a watermelon for lunch yesterday. He didn't eat it all. At least you know your DH hasn't been entertaining lady friends while you're away.

Isn't that the truth!

Glad to hear that the Lushling is coming along well. Must be frustrating for her to put up with all of this. (Yeah, and it's so much fun for you too..)

DD and I had a laugh riot tonight going through a bunch of stuff that DH and I found in boxes in the garage (they are making me sort my stuff... ). She was tottering around on some hot little high heels that were too small for either of us. She didn't know what to make of the "white wrap-around painter's pants" or the Jimmy Carter for President campaign t-shirt.

The most mind-boggling things, though, were t-shirts of DH's that he seems to have purchased while in college or shortly after -- they look like they would fit DD (and she wears a size 5!!). I can't picture it -- he's not a small guy!

Then there's the itty-bitty cut-off jeans of mine that DH remembers with crystal-clarity even though they certainly haven't fit me in about 18 years. Made quite an impression on him!

Kiwi
Old 08-14-2003, 09:13 AM   #72  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

keeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee---------you HAVE to sell your jimmy carter tee shirt on ebay!!! i am sure it would go!!!!-------lusheeeeeeeeeee---SO glad your baby has made it safe and sound out of surgery!!! and no permanent damage!!! SUPER GOOD NEWS!!!----WABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-----i too have a friend who can't stop gushing about how much she loves her lightened chest!!! she looked instantly skinnier as well!!!! I'll be thinkin of ya!!!! post one more time and tell us the exact time of the surgery so we can bombard you with postive thoughts!!!---CHerrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee----hiya babe!!!!send me an email so i can send you to the website with lynnie's pics----peachbut says she is IN the house but her computer is not yet hooked up AND her ds darling put together a thousand piece computer desk all by himself!!!!-----hi shuga shuga---didya melt yet??? Hi painty!!!i am tired from the 8 hour drive to and from the airport [stepdd left]----it was a loooooooooooooooooooooong ride----xxoxoxoxoxo cows
Old 08-14-2003, 12:08 PM   #73  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, I thought the stepdds already left last week! What'd you do, take her to Boston? Barf.

DD says she's going to use our canoe in the annual Boat Parade, strap a Porta-Potti to the middle, string the whole thing with toilet paper and call it the Potty Boat. Oy.

Kiwi
Old 08-14-2003, 12:46 PM   #74  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

LOVe the potty boat!!!----the oldest step dds leave ten days before dd13----their school starts earlier--------the trip was four hours to Halifax International and four hours back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! two weeks in a row!!!!------the unaccompanied minor fee is a hundred bucks but worth the cost considering what happened last week in Newark/Albany!!!!!----IT IS HOT AND SUNNY HERE====SHOCK OF SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 01:31 PM   #75  
Member w/ messiest house

Oy, that's almost as bad as our journeys for DD's music camp: round trip about 20 hours, did it again 2 weeks later. Clearly we're crazy.

It's finally cooled off a bit here -- still hot and sunny, but not all humid and impossible to breathe! Yay!!

Kiwi
Closed Thread