Old 01-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #31  

Good morning to you all. I surely do not want to go through what I did yesterday at the hospital.

We got there at 7 AM, sat in radiology 2 hours and Jack went to find out why. The extremely snippy black woman that works there and I have had to deal with more than once in all my trips to the hospital came back and said we had at least another 20 minutes and that my apt was 9 AM. I had the sheet from my drs saying the apt was 8 AM but they didn't care. So, I finally got my ultrasound, but the doctor said I should have had a cat scan so I had to start over. He wanted blood work so they took me to outpatient services and here we go. They drew blood, I had to get completely undressed like surgery, they put in an IV supposedly for medication to deaden and we sat around and waited more and more. They finally came and got me, I laid out in the hallway for about 20 minutes then she took me into the ultrasound again. She said the dr had decided ultrasound would be ok! Meaning, I could have had the thing done and been on my way hours before. Anyway, we finished up and got home and it was after 2:30. On top of that they use a long piece of elastic threaded through the bag with Velcro on the ends to wrap around your leg but it would stay up and so I had to figure out what to do. I finally taped the darn thing in place on my leg and it is working ok now. One thing is I have problem with adhesives and the stuff they put over the drain hole in my stomach itches like crazy. Nothing I can do about it and I can't bathe or take a shower until the drain comes out!!! I have to just wash up and wash my hair in the sink and I have no idea how long the drain will have to stay in. I imagine a week at least. It has slowed down considerably as they took out a lot at the hospital. If you know what one of those plastic urinals they use for men when they are bedridden looks like, well that was totally full of fluid and there were 2 syringes besides. I have since gotten about 700 cc's off so there was a lot of fluid. The change in my abdomen is amazing.

Today I have cookies and lasagna to make to take over to Kelly's. I am going to work on my budget from July to the end of the year too.

Maggie: Hopefully you won't have to replace your refrigerator in the MH. When is your leaving date at this point?

Jean: I don't ever order checks from the bank anymore. I ordered a big amount last time and I write so few checks they have lasted a very long time since the last order. If I lived close by I would let you have my Karo syrup. I have a new bottle in the pantry I bought for the caramel corn and didn't use. Hope you can find you a battery. Seems like lousy customer service not to have batteries for their phones.

You gals have a nice day. I am going to eat something then tackle those cookies. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #32  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD AFTERNOON IN JANUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

This thread is now closed ~ please go to #101 and post.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote