Old 12-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #136  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday ladies,

I expected to be fatigued yesterday with my first day back at work. I did great in terms of energy all day, then on the drive home, I had to stop at the library to return some books, and the exhaustion hit me like a freight train. I mean Day-yam! One minute I was fine, 5 minutes later, all I wanted to do was lie down. I picked Santa up at day care and went home. I had some canned tuna in light mayo for dinner, then took a shower and got into my jammies. I watched a bit of TV, but was asleep before 9. This morning I was still tired, but much less tired than yesterday afternoon. Even so, after work, I'm going to pick Santa up from day care and go straight home.

since before I went on medical leave for surgery I was off on Fridays, I'm off work tomorrow. At first, I was a little upset because I wouldn't be working 4 days this week (as in pre-surgery weeks) and I could use the money, but I decided it's not worth raising a stink about - especially since I can take care of a few things tomorrow or visit Bob in the hospital.

My company is going out to Christmas lunch tomorrow and since I'm off, I'll be missing it. But that's ok...they're going to an Indian restaurant and I'm not a huge fan of Indian food, plus, I checked the menu online and there's not much they have that I can eat. I'm going to see if a friend of mine wants to get together for lunch instead.

=================================

Ceejay - I hope you're feeling better today. And I hope that you're able to find things to eat at Monday's Christmas party that don't make your diverticulitis flare up.

Susie - How fun to watch your "nieces" take their karate belt tests and advance to yellow belts! Very impressive that the two older girls are black belts!

Shad - Yes, better to not fly on a plane with engine problems! And getting home earlier is a bonus! So you're home for the next two weeks, then? I've been back at work less than days, but I'm already glad about a 2 week break!

Annie - Bummer about your loo issues. Glad you got it under control. Thank you so much for telling me not to compare my weight loss to others. Thanks for the reinforcement that dumping can involve actually being sick and that I need to avoid it at all costs. Glad you didn't get much snow while you were driving home from your brother's. Weird that WF doesn't have any parties. I love the movie Elf!

Laura - 4.5 minute planks?! That's craziness! I hope you're able to find nice looking poinsettias. I'm looking for those and Christmas cactuses. To answer your question...how many years post-op are some of the people in the support group. In most of the groups I attend, most of the post-ops are 2-3 years out from surgery, but there are a few people who are over 5 years post-op and the leader is 11 years post-op. Too funny about Coal drying himself by rolling in the wet grass. When Santa is out in the rain, he frequently shakes - to shake off the water - only to realize it didn't help because it's pouring out. We're in for more rain tonight and tomorrow, but just cloudy this weekend. I usually just wear my jacket and a baseball hat when out in the rain. I don't think I could manage an umbrella and Santa (not with the way he pulls). Plus, the wind can take an umbrella right away or inside out. PITA I hope you have a lovely time at your office Christmas party. I love the photo of your outdoor decorations! So festive! I think Coal is looking for Santa Claus! LOL

Happy - Like Annie, I really liked your deer balls joke! Since you aren't going to be able to see your Chicago family over the holidays are you getting together with your cousin? Thanks for asking about my friend Bob. He's improving. He has another surgery on his "stump" tomorrow (hopefully it will be his last). Physical therapy has been working with him daily to help him stand using a walker and work his way to a wheelchair. So far, he's doing pretty well with that, though he can't sit up for very long before it really starts to hurt bad. Though I haven't heard for sure when, they will eventually transfer him to a rehab/convalescent hospital. I plan to visit him every other day while I'm off work. I was feeling a little down about the scale not moving much, but then last night I remembered that several people in support groups talked about the dreaded 3 week stall, that many people face when they are between 3 and 4 weeks post-op. I didn't exercise beyond walking Santa yesterday, and might not today (depending on how exhausted I am after work), but I will go to the gym tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.

Dee - Hope you're having a good day!

Gotta get back to it.

Lots of love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #137  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yeah I'm glad my foot healed and I dont want my foot to get injured again but I'm looking forward to getting back into my walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clyde is now in heaven with my grandma, His first owner. Before he was given the shot the vet said he could tell because of his spine that he was in pain so I'm glad he isnt any pain anymore.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #138  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I'm sorry about Clyde Terra but if he was in pain you did the right thing. Hopefully he ran up to Grandma in heaven and is giving her a good snuggle.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #139  

Terra - I'm so sorry to read that Clyde is no longer with you. It must have been difficult, but you must be glad he's no longer in pain. Nice to think of him up there with your grandma.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Terra
So sad that Clyde is in heaven. But that's much better than being in constant pain. I know you will miss him. Glad your foot has healed.

Laura
Love that Coal is watching through the door. The decorations are pretty. I haven't been in much of a holiday spirit this year. I'm amazed at the 4.5 minute plank.

Annie
We've never exchanged gifts and in years past I don't remember our department doing anything for Christmas. This year we are having lunch tomorrow. It was planned for Monday but the boss decided on tomorrow. Okay by me.

Happy
I have plastic Poinsettia's and candle's. I bought a pair of angels last year that twinkle. They run on batteries. I loved the picture on fb with all the male deer.

Michelle
Wow, you are back to work already! Thanks for the picture.

Susie and Shad

-------
I'm on a sodium over load today and I hate this feeling. I woke up with my eyes feeling like someone had poured salt in them. Both were stinging. Ouch, I'm still swollen. No more sodium binges for me.
L called me this morning but didn't hear the phone in time to answer it so she texted me stating that our boss told her to call me to tell me that our lunch for Monday had been changed for tomorrow. That's okay by me.
I've started L. on doing the survey's for soil conservation for both well and high service pumps. I've learned that she is one who can not comprehend written instruction. She did try. But I guess what is simple to me may not be to some one else.
Nothing else exciting going on.

Last edited by ceejay52; 12-18-2014 at 10:21 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #141  
Turning Into A New Woman

Happy,Laura & Ceejay ~ Thanks Ladies, I'm doing okay so far, I know he is looking down from heaven on me now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got up at 3:30 a.m. cause my back was hurting. Its now 7:03 a.m. and I'm thinking about going back to sleep for a couple of hours and then I'll get back up for the rest of the day. Today my plans are to do my 40 min. Chair Exercise at 11 a.m. and then at 1 p.m. I'll do my 30 mile walk dvd and then at 7 p.m. I'll do my 40 min. Chair Exercise again and thats it. I cleaned the bathroom yesterday so thats all done now. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #142  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. I am working from home today because I will be the stand in grandparent at my "niece" Cailyn's school Christmas Concert which is at 1:15 today.

I am taking advantage of the time at home and cleaning up electronic files...and doing a bit of wrapping too!

Terra: I am so sorry to hear about Clyde. I know you will miss him a lot. He loved you and you took good care of him. Now he is at Rainbow Bridge and running and playing and with your Grandma.

Laura: I did my Christmas cards on Wedensday night while watching the Michael Buble Christmas show. Your Christmas decorations are beautiful!

Annie: When I read your post and all the things you had to say about "God doing your a favor", I was smiling from ear to ear....it is so hard to lose a job but God had better things planned for you and it needed to happen so he could give you the next blessing. Easy to say when it is in the past (I know..I have been there) but He is faithful!

At PG we have had options of having Humana, Anthem or United Health Care as our health care providers. They are all the same benefits just different companies handling the paper work. For 2015 PG decided that we will just have United Health Care. They were my choice anyway.

Michelle: You will get your daily stamina back..it just takes a while.

Ceejay: I have to watch my sodium too. I hope you feel better soon.

Happy: I have a Gaiam bag that might work for you. It's not big but you could put your clothes in it and it has that yoga mat holder on on the bottom. I won it at a TOPS thing about two years ago and have used it maybe two times. I don't take yoga anymore and so I would be happy to send it to you if you think you might be interested in it. If you don't use it, you can dontate it to the shop!

You were asking about the stand up-desks. I have one at work and I love it! it is adjustable so I can sit down when I want to or need too. I usually stand for about 45 min 2-3 times out of my day and work.

We just got in two walking treadmill desks. I'm going to try them out after the first of the year.

Hi Dee and Shad!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 12-19-2014 at 12:14 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #143  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

TERRA...so very sorry to hear about Clyde. That is one of the hardest things to do in life. Hugs How long did you have him?

CEEG...some days I wonder what the heck I did to myself when I wake up and my body is swollen from sodium. Especially my fingers. Look like sausages.

SUSIE...so glad PG did not settle for Humana. Humana is awful on payments and their contracting rates with hospitals and physicians are awful. I hear United Health Care is pretty good. WF west cost uses them. Us east coasters have Anthem BCBS, which so far I am liking. Stand in Gma is better than not being a Gma at all. I could use you in a few instances, come on over. Like when I am feeding Royce and Jacob say Nanna could I hold you, which mean hold him.

CHELLE...be sure to get you B12 shots or vits, cause that helps with energy. Keep you B12 up to where it is supposed to be. Is you doc taking blood work to see where you levels are on everything?

Having dinner with my baby boy tonight. He called me last night and said it was him not his DS that was the issue on not getting preggers. He has sluggish sp*rm and a couple of other levels are a bit high, but he didn't remember what they were, great I would like to know so I could investigate it. Anyway he is going to an urologist Jan 7. Awful young to be having issues. 26. Kind of scary with my brother having prostate cancer and all.

Tomorrow night the band plays and I have reserved a table for 30, hope that is enough, lol. I have lots of family and friends coming. Yeah!!

Hello to all, have a great weekend.

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #144  

Afternoon all. TGIF!!

The office’s holiday party was nice enough, but it was loud and quite warm in the restaurant, so I just had a glass of wine and left after an hour. I skipped the finger food because I'd had a big lunch and wasn’t hungry in the least. I had a nice chat with a colleague who helps us with our department's software.

After work, I stopped at a shop right by my train station to pick up a gift that’s part of my family’s Secret Santa gift exchange. Nice and convenient, and I feel good supporting a local business.

I got home, but decided to go to Walmart to pick up a few things. I really just wanted to get out of the house, lol. Even though I’d told bf that the secret santa app we’re using doesn’t work very well on the cell phone, he proceeded to try to do what he needed to do via his cell phone instead of our desktop computer. Then he got all upset because the site was making him set up an account so he could create a wish list. I don’t know why the site let him initially set up the whole exchange for my family without doing that (and maybe he forgot he did it already), but honestly, why rail against it – just do what they want you to do!! I was annoyed with him. Then I got a bit more annoyed when I got in the car and found the gas gauge buried well below E. Grrrr. I ended up buying a few buck’s worth at a gas station near the Walmart, but at about 19 cents a gallon higher than it goes for at Costco. Whatever, I just didn’t want to run out of gas on the way home – it’s only a grand total of 1.5 miles round trip, but who knows how much gas was left in the tank?? Okay, end of rant. Me and my first world problems.

I got my mom’s gift shipped out this morning – my office is kitty corner from the Sears/Willis tower, and there’s a post office in the “bowels” of that giant building – rather convenient for me. I must say, I’ve really lucked out at the post office. I went there two times this week, and my timing was such that I arrived to reasonably short lines, and when I finished my transactions, there’d be a loooong line as I left. Yes!

Well, we have another party to attend tonight and I’m just not up for it. This is a party being held by a long-time friend of my bf, and I know he’ll want to stay there late. The problem is I will not. So I think I’m going to skip it. I doubt bf will be too upset about this because he won’t have me start pestering him about leaving at a time I think is reasonable. If we were a two-car household, I suppose we might go in separate cars so I could leave when I wanted, but that’s not the case.

I think my boss is taking a half day of vacation today. The admin is off today, so that’ll make it that much more quiet around here. Good. I’d like to do some file and desk cleanup this afternoon.

This weekend we have to crank away on getting the house ready for family coming on Christmas Eve. And yes, that includes getting the half bath finally finished!!! I'll likely skip my Jazzercise and jump right into some cleaning. I also want to do some more baking. I don’t know what to do with those disappointing cookies I made the other night. I might sneak them into our office’s lunchroom area just to get rid of them.

Enough of my rambling, on with personals.

--
Susie – Thanks for complimenting my decorations! Enjoy your “niece’s” Christmas concert this afternoon. While I was doing my Christmas cards the other night, I was watching a PBS special I’d dvr’d. It was about yoga, and it was with instructor Peggy Cappy. I’ve heard of those treadmill desks – let us know how you like it after your trial-run.

Terra – I hope your back feels better soon. I think the exercise will help definitely help it! Re naps – I think if you get too much sleep during a nap, your body doesn’t need as much at bedtime, hence the problems of sleeping through the entire night.

Ceejay – I like that Coal’s in my photo too! I couldn’t quite remember where I ended up with that plank challenge and so I searched the thread (April) and it looks like I finished up through Day 28, which was 4 minutes. Which was very long and super challenging. I have a plank workout I’d like to try – just haven’t gotten around to it yet. It doesn’t have long plank times, but it has a lot of variations on the basic plank. Oh, I mentioned to Susie that I watched a PBS special about yoga that had instructor Peggy Cappy in it. Is it you that has one of her DVD’s? Which one is it? Do you like it? Have you gotten all the sodium washed out of your system? I usually don’t have an issue with that – maybe my body’s accustomed to it!

Annie – Sort of odd that there aren’t any type of social events at WF. Before our office moved, we had a cafeteria and there’d be a holiday luncheon. When we moved and had no cafeteria, they tried a holiday potluck for a couple years. Now it’s just the party. On the floor where I work, there’s not much going on at all. I guess our fundraiser is really the time of the year when a lot of fun activities take place, and I’m perfectly happy with that. LOL re Jacob’s cookies – always have to watch out for the kids! Great idea to give the dvd Elf to the big kids – that’s a really fun movie. I also like A Christmas Story. I think we might’ve gotten that as a gift one year, but I have a feeling it was so long ago, it might have been on VHS! I hope the potential fertility issues with DS can be addressed successfully. Is it your brother’s band that you’re seeing tomorrow night? Enjoy yourself!!!

Happy – Sorry the yoga bag isn’t working for you. Maybe by the time the next session of classes starts you’ll have found a replacement. Maybe Susie’s?? (unless it’s the same one you already have, haha.) I think I meant to say “photo manager”. It was part of the MS Office Suite of software, at least the previous version we had at work, which I believe was Office 2010. It was a simple program that did resizing, cropping, etc. Imagine my surprise that Office 2013 didn’t have it, or something like it. I did a quick Google and found others disappointed by this as well. And I’m certainly not going to download a 3rd party software on my work computer…guess I’ll have to figure out how to do all that on my cell phone, or just do it on my home computer. LOL re the toilet seat as a gift for your mom! Heck, if she liked it and she’ll actually use it, all the better. We all grasp at straws re gift ideas for that certain someone. I guess we need to let our frustration go and be thankful that this someone either has everything laready and/or wants for nothing. Re standup desks – our office has done a trial, and I believe there are a few folks who now have standup desks, including our receptionist. They're adjustable, so you could sit or stand when you want. Eric’s photo of the owl on FB is just stunning!

Michelle – I should think that now is not the right time to eat out a lot or venture out into types of food you’ve never tried. You just don’t can’t know exactly how the food has been prepared! Better safe than sorry! I hope Bob’s next surgery goes well. I don’t have enough hands to take an umbrella on dog walks, LOL. I make do with a raincoat and rubber boots!

Dee – You must be busy! We're missing you here. I meant to go back to the post where you asked us what we wanted for Christmas, but now I don’t see the post. Hope you’re not working too hard and wearing yourself out! How’s your foot doing??

Shad - So now you're home for 2 weeks? Nice. Enjoy the down time, though I doubt you'll really be taking it easy... How's the plank challenge going?

Okay, I think that’s it. Everyone have a great weekend!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #145  
Turning Into A New Woman

Susie ~ Thanks for commenting on Clyde's passing

Annie ~ I had him for 15 years

Laura ~ Yeah my back feels better now. Thanks for telling me about sleeping too much during a nap makes it harder to sleep at night...Is that what you meant?
Old 12-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #146  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Better day today, much cooler and therefore I feel somewhat more energetic. I'm still having some tummy troubles and so am having a very light eating and much water drinking day today. I've also starting taking some vitamins since my eating in Melbourne is not good. No kitchen in my unit so can't cook for myself and I don't like going out to eat every night.
So today, I have mowed and swept and laundered and changed the bed linen and washed that as well. I still have a fair list of things to do so can't stay here too long.
Got a haircut yesterday, so I am good to go for another 6 weeks. Then I will need to have it coloured again as well. Bah humbug.

Terra - sorry to hear that Clyde has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. It's a very hard decision to make. You will miss him.
Laura is right. If you force yourself to go to bed in enough time to have 8.00 hours sleep, then you should manage to sleep for that time. Having naps in the middle of the day doesn't help the cause.

Michelle - I echo the others saying that you need to do whatever works for you and not what is happening to other people. It can only do good if you can't each much as long as you are picking up your protein and vitamins.

I have only 2 Christmas presents to get now. I have no idea what to get either of them. It's a pain.
DS2 and DP and I should be going out to dinner this weekend since we won't see each other until they get back from Turkey Beach. And I had better ring the other DS and tell him my plans as well. But for now I need a drink and to summon up the energy to go out and clip the hedge or sweep the path or wrap some presents or clean the microwave or annoy the cat.

Have a good day.

Annie - good to know that you have been getting the insurance ducks in a row. Always good to have a bit of a financial win. Amazes me that companies don't give a damn about their existing customers unless they whinge. Getting the new customer seems to be all they worry about.
Hope DS is okay. Seems to be a great many young men around these days with low sperm counts etc. Wonder what's causing this.
Oh yes. Last night I went around to DS2's place to pick up the cat. He gave me an envelope which had somehow got caught up with his papers (probably in that mess he calls a car) and it turned out to be a birthday card from you to me. So I am so sorry I didn't thank you for your best wishes at the time. I didn't know about them. A belated thank you - and apologies from my son.

Laura - the challenge is one I found on facebook. It ends with a five minute plank. But they are all the same plank. No moving around here. I'm up to the one minute plank.
I like the photo of the Christmas decorations at your place. They look good.
So the new MS Office doesn't come with a photo manager. Damn.

Happy - or should I say witch on a broomstick. Nice photos from the DH. on facebook. Hope you are enjoying the gym. Such a gym bunny.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #147  
Choose your hard

Hi all, sorry to be MIA. We have been running around town looking at furniture. Found a chair for me - going back to order it. Will be back in the afternoon to catch up.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #148  
Choose your hard

Ok, let me try and catch up here. Kitty is really hugging the computer and I am literally wrestling her to get at the left side of my laptop. Santa brought me new furniture for Christmas A comfy reading chair that rocks and reclines, a new coffee table and matching side table, a nice floor lamp with lots of light AND a bookcase to match the coffee and side tables. Wowie!!! I am so excited. As my sister said - "a place I could totally get into for month's on end and only come up for occasional food and potty breaks" And the chair will be next to the fireplace which I also love. What a cozy place to spend the winter months once the holidays pass. And I will get new glasses in January so reading will be easier too. I can't wait. Yay Santa who smiled wryly and pulled out his credit card! Actually the coffee table top opens and slides up and out like a table. Totally a man feature - I could care less but it sold him on it so at least he figures he got in on part of the deal.

We are going to have to get rid of my monster plant. I will take a picture and post it shortly. This was a small plant I was given by a friend when I lived down south. It grew out of each pot I replanted it in. I swear last year when it saw my real Christmas tree all of a sudden it shot up straight in the air and grew 3 feet in a month! it's way out of control now and I need the space it's sitting in. So it needs a big haircut or to be given away to a good home. Not sure one can even move the thing without breaking pieces of it off. My Mum was hinting around ( to everyone BUT me ) that she was hoping Santa would bring her some goodies from the Northwoods. Stopped at the chocolate shop today and dropped nearly 50 dollars on 3 boxes of stuff. I hope she will be happy. DH's eyes bugged out of his head when the shopkeeper told me the total. Stuff don't come cheap for sure!

Shad - being as hot as it is by you no small wonder the tummy is rumbly. So sorry to hear that you don't have kitchen availability in Melbourne. That can really become cumbersome not to mention as you say detrimental to the pocketbook and the waistline. I would not be a happy bunny at all. Can you store a bit at a refrigerator at the office? One of the things that frustrates me with gift giving is not knowing what to get. Hopefully you will come up with something. Are you home now until after the New Year?

Terra - that's what they say - taking a daytime nap - other than 20 minutes for a power nap, really disrupts your sleep at night. So try to reserve naps for when you are very sick or had a really bad night occasionally. You had Clyde a very long time!

Laura - oh man I HATE HATE HATE when DH used to leave the car with the gas on E. Yes, I know they know down to the last number of feet how far the car will drive "on fumes" and I never go below a 1/4 of a tank! When we were dating sometimes DH and I would swap cars and a few times he left me high and dry. I told him I wouldn't marry him if he kept that up As you are aware, guys just think in a whole different class. Well that's nice where your office is - not such a bad commute from the train station, but a good enough walk at that. Yay for scoring short lines at the post office. THANK YOU for mentioning MS Picture Manager - I had no idea. that will come in handy for me!!! That certainly would work out better for you if you could skip BF's friend's party - I know they want us to be with them but ... if you have lots to do your time is better spent at home and let him have fun with the buddies. I used to hate it when we'd go to my family's for the holidays and DH did not feel like staying long and would want to leave 2 hours after we got there. I went home angry more than once. Too far to me to hitch a ride from someone else. I can't even imagine a 5 minute plank BUT it gives one something to strive for, doesn't it? Also I am the one who talked about Peggy Cappy I think. I have her Easy Yoga for arthritis. It's not intense Bikram hot yoga BUT I can say that though the moves are on the gentle side - they do serve to lubricate the joints and do a body good. So worthwhile to incorporate into your workout trio of cardio, weight bearing and flexibility modalities.

Annie - I have been warned about Anthem here in WI - terrible on payments, drags their feet - my doctor's office stop accepting them they are so bad. We had them in TN and I was happy with them. I guess it's regional as I'm told. Hope you had a nice dinner with DS. I think that young people today are showing more medical issues than ever and I personally feel it's got a lot to do with exposure to hormones in our food, additives and the likes of that. So many people have food allergies now and illnesses and such. Time to grow a huge garden out back. I am getting more fresh food and organics where I can get them. And frequenting local farms and markets when possible. I hope he will not have issues going forward. I hope you have a great time tonight dancing the night away and laughing (and maybe a little singing in the crowd? ) Good to get out and have some fun.

Susie - how kind of you to offer the gym bag! Yes I will gladly accept it - will PM you my address but I have to clean up my mailbox first. That's really cool that your office is offering ergonomic alternatives to the standard office furniture. I can't imagine a stand up desk but I guess it's just adjusting and getting used to it. I think I would fall over and scrape my face on the treadmill desk - please tell us how that works out and yay for you for being a good sport to try it out! We switched to UHC when we moved up here - been very happy with them (and interestingly enough people in TN hated their service - so much for the regional thing I guess). The only complaint DH has is with CVS for our prescription drugs. He is always having a problem with them.

Ceejay I hope you got over the sodium overload by now. Those twinkling angels sound very pretty. It's amazing what just a few small decorations will do for the house - don't need it looking like the Grizwold's (Christmas Vacation) to do up the holiday!

Thank you all for your comments on DH's pictures - he was put down a lot as a child by his mean dad and I think he is basking in the compliments on his photography. He really does take some nice pictures and I think it makes him feel really good when he gets nice feedback.

Michelle - got your card today - thank you - mine will be late as I kept misplacing your new address. What a great picture! Nice comparison for next year too! Are you going to the step Mom's for Christmas or spending it with D?

Hi Dee!

Ok, I am literally in a physical fight with Nina who insists on turning my caps lock on, pushing hard on my hand - she is laying on it and then starts licking it with the rough cat tongue. And DH went to run some errands, I was hoping to get a bit more cleaning done and this took longer than I thought so I have about 45 minutes before he gets back. Best get busy. Enjoy your weekend ladies.

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-21-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Evening ladies
The house is almost clean so I can start the new year in a good spirit. The office/spare bedroom needs to be cleaned but it will not take long.
I hate going to work on Sunday but tomorrow it's my turn. I could really get used to this down time.
I put the rest of my steak from yesterday in the crock pot this morning to get it more tender. Think it was better than yesterday.
Just when I think my tummy problems are gone and getting better they return with vengeance. I'll have this checked out after the first of the year. It may be related to the diverticulitis but usually the symptoms don't last this long.
--------
Happy
Wow on all that new furniture. What a nice chair to have to sit by the fireplace! Your mom will love all the goodies.

Susie
What fun it would be to be stand in grand parent.

Shad
Hope your tummy problems have eased up.

Hello's to the rest. Need to clean up the kitchen and get ready for tomorrow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:07 AM   #150  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Merry Christmas Girls
We're having a lazy weekend & finish Christmas shopping on dh's extra day off on Tuesday. Yesterday on his way home from work dh decided to give me the night-off from making dinner. Crazy guy, he stopped & got food for us: Kentucky Fried chicken, Subway 6" subs, Taco Bell burritos & Pizza Corner 3-cheese crazy breadsticks & a 2 litter of soda Dh decided it would b a picnic supper, ending his 40's yrs. He spent $40 & we could've had a nice take-out dinner for that $ last night. Tonight we went out for a nice fish dinner for his b-day. Today dh turned 50 yr & he still looks 40 yr, why do females look older almost every yr & our guys only change their looks about every 10 yrs I worked constantly to finish up my job orders by Wednesday for pick-up, a big variety as always @ holiday time. Many gifts, & home décor in Christmas theme for parties, some apparel items & some men's nightshirts for gifts & for themselves choosing their own flannel/fleece fabrics (men like staying cozy & hiding their belly/waistline in the nightshirts), which r getting more popular (dh asked for 1 out of curiosity & he likes it) not many kids gifts this Christmas. If I didn't have my employee & college apprentice I couldn't have finished on time w my fractured foot, after re-breaking it dancing @ dh's work party. I made them both leather handbags for their Christmas gift from me, they chose their colors.

Shad, Sorry to hear about your tummy, do u ever take a Probiotic pill? I can tell a diff when I run out of them. Please get Well Soon! Do u think it could b water related? Is it possible to have any 'small' kitchen appliances where u r staying? The morning before I got my foot hurt/stress fracture I got my hair cut, the stylist found some 'gray hairs' booo.... When I get lots more I guess I'll start coloring my hair too.

Happy, Congrat's on the fabulous gifts from Santa they r wonderful pieces, it's so nice to feel pampered in your own home; the most Special place we can b. I've been a Interior Designer for +20 yr. if there's a piece I need, I get it wholesale, & Textiles/sewing is the major focus of my Interior Design business & Tailoring/Fashion clothing for clients is my other business. My major Investment tools r my 2 computers & my 5 sewing machines (1 embroidery, 1 for leather, 2 general purpose & 1 portable to take w me/finalizing @ the jobsite) & 3 over-lock/serger machines. I have 1 employee & 1 college intern working for me. I have more wood tools for my Interior Design business orders, than my dh owns, LOL. My only down side to my career is my income varies monthly. I love hearing that your dh is a nature photographer, he'd enjoy our 30 acres of woods. Yes we can hear/see the owls & we enjoy seeing/hearing everything except the coyotes; because they bother our neighbors; sheep, goats, horses, alpacas, chickens, pigs, cattle & wildlife. Our DNR allows coyote hunting in Michigan.

Terra, If talking about your special memories w Clyde will help u to heal from his loss, please share them here w us. All of your posts here Always included Clyde, so my wishes for u are that someday in 2015 u have the same connection & Love w another pet, because u have such a beautiful heart w soo much to share & your new pet will b Blessed to have u as it's new mommy

Laura, I hope u enjoyed your party Saturday night, sometimes we gotta go when we don't want to, because our men will do that themselves for us, to make us happy too Yep the best gifts r sometimes the ones we'd chose to get for ourselves. I liked seeing your Christmas pic & your 'body guard' Coal watching u from the front door! Re: jeans days; u r so lucky having that w this weather, so many colors of corduroys, diff textures & wearing comfy booties or Ugg types & soft sweaters to match & b riding the train. I hope all the Christmas plans u made for your family dinner r a big Hit w everyone & they feel your holiday spirit

ceeJay, I hope all the swelling from the sodium left u quickly. I've never had any swelling from sodium; if u drank lots more water would that still happen when u have lots of salt? I eat 2 bags of Lays potato chips w a 24 oz. carton of nonfat plain yogurt for dip as my weekly binge & I've never had probs, but pizza makes my mouth tender from the sodium in all the cheeses. Re: survey's for soil conservation.. That sounds interesting, I think u have a nice job & helpful to our planet earth (I'm a tree hugger). About your Christmas decorations, I'm trying to purge everything that uses lots of storage space like u r Because I sew, I found that u can make a home special for the holidays w fabric; pillow slipcovers, tablecloths, sofa throws, etc. that don't use much space & I use the space-bags that vacuum out the air & compact; then I toss those full bags into a Rubbermaid tub, magically my big pile is small I put a strip of masking tape on the seal to secure it. Your 'twinkling angels' sound very beautiful, simple is always very precious. Yumm, I agree about your steak in the crock pot. I'm sorry about your tummy pains & I hope your doc can figure it out w/o doing lots of tests. Please get Well Soon!

Michelle, I gotta ask u, does Santa notice a difference w u? You r doing great for being post-op, but I don't know anything about weight loss surgery. I occasionally see my ex-sister-in-law & she had a surgery 14 yrs ago & went from about 250 lbs. to a size small & the last 5 yrs she said she wears a size medium, she looks wonderful, but she also had body-lift plastic surgery for her excess skin hanging/rubbing & her BC/BS insurance paid for it as a medical condition. Dh & I daily continue to pray for Bob & his family & U & I've cried for him a few times for the loss of his body. But Bob will make it through this difficult journey, because 'he has a purpose to b here' that's why the cancer did not end his life. At dh's party I re-broke my foot (stress fracture) while dancing the doc said on Monday; but Bob has been in my thoughts. And Bob IS my role model now & I won't feel bad about my ouches/pains, because I have my body limbs. Bob is not a stranger to me, Please tell him that he is my new friend. We r all Blessed to know u Michelle, because not all friends r as committed to their friends as u are to Bob, u are an angel. Bob lives daily & nightly w Courage & Faith that I know he draws from the Love that you Michelle & his Precious Family give to him. May God Bless You today & Forever for your Compassionate Heart

Annie, What fun party w dancing to your brother's band. I hope your table was big enough for everyone, sounds like a Great night! Re: (Jacob seemed to rub his nose between cookies, so I am sure not to eat those. lol.) I LOL so hard my side hurt TY for that one! U r very thoughtful taking time to post here everyday & a smart chickie about life

Susie, I like Michael Buble' too, I would've enjoyed his Christmas show also.
TY about the info about liking your stand up-desk @ work; I am soo proud of u for standing 45 min 2-3 times daily using it I'm always too busy w my businesses to do any workouts, so that would b a + for building muscle in my legs, maybe that's something I'd invest in for my business office depending on the cost. How about asking your doc before u try the 'walking treadmill desks' if u still have any knee/ankle probs going on or if u get shin-splints. I don't want u getting injured again. Do u get the week of Christmas off from work, I imagine your bosses will b home. Please tell the girls from our old thread 'Merry Christmas' from me, I did have Tori & Carri's FB info to friend them last year.
Dh's ex-wife still snoops in our life, so dh still refuses to go on FB knowing that his son & daughter will backstab him as they have a habit of doing to him & they'll give his ex-w access to our pages. But I miss out on so much w everyone I know, just because his ex-w is a trouble maker. I once thought about using my mom's last name on FB but then nobody would know me from my contact list or anywhere else. If I used the name Dee MiniDoodles I could @ least stay updated w pics w you'all here... Hmm give me your thoughts on this girls.

Have a Wonderful weekend girls
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote