Old 10-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon! It's a nice sunny day here, much warmer but quite windy. I've been sorting and mostly pitching. Have some not-in-fashion clothes in a Good Will bag. Maybe someone can whip up something for Halloween. I have to make another hospital stop to sign some papers. The parking lot in front by the coffee and gift shops is now marked emergency and only those people are to park there. The ambulance is still going to the "back" door so I keep going in the "front." I asked the valet and he said I could until the ambulance starts taking people in the front way. Makes me grumpy but know moving to the back of the hospital is supposed to be progress. Parking will be a major pia! Bob went to check on beans and if too wet, plans to wash his tractors. I have towels to fold so should keep moving.

Maggie, glad your printers are printing where they are supposed to. We "celebrated" with the kids on Sunday. Yesterday was just a regular day.

I asked before . . . am I the only one with teeny tiny print on the thread? I made mine larger on purpose.

Enjoy the rest of your day and evening!

Last edited by Jean; 10-14-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:58 AM   #17  

Good morning gals. We are still getting rain. Will be leaving in less than 2 hours to go to the hospital. I just want to get it done.

Jean: Actually on the first page it was spread out clear across my computer and on page two it was scrunched up so don't know what is going on. Looks like my printing is kind of tiny too so don't know what is going on.

I will let everyone know how it went as soon as I feel up to it.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #18  

"Gma," good luck! You are in my prayers! I sent an email regarding the small print, and so far no answer!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #19  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining, NO wind, and it's supposed to hit 70 this afternoon. It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood. I went to church to count this morning, then to the dentist. $125.00 poorer and with clean teeth I headed for WM. We have a night light at the bottom of the stairs and it went out last night. I tried a new bulb and it didn't work so figured I needed a new light. When I tried a new bulb from WM, it worked so now I have a new night light in reserve. Bob headed for the farm after lunch so the afternoon is mine. I'm trying to get the afghan finished so I can take it for "show and tell" at Crafty Club tomorrow.

"Gma, hope all went well this morning and you are resting comfortably.

Hope you, Maggie and Susan, are enjoying a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #20  

Good afternoon, ladies! Rain, rain, wind, wind - a stormy day.

I had my eye test this morning - very neat how they can map your eye. My vision has markedly decreased in my right eye since I was there 3 weeks ago. What the Dr. discovered is a fast growing cataract caused by steroids. They grow irregularly and it's denser on the outside of the right eye than the inner. He had 3 other, younger drs. come in to look at my eye and tell him what they saw. He said they don't see this type very often. I see the surgeon October 31 so they can do whatever to determine what type lens I'll need and all that. I have to go to Norfolk for the surgery. It's not a long trip, but it's through the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel and that often gets backed up for miles and it's a long time getting through. That'll be the worst part of the procedure.

Faye, I hope your surgery was successful and you'll soon be home.

Jean, I have a hard time reading here when things are not black and white and the type has been smaller. Hopefully they'll get t fixed.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Maggie, I'm glad you got your printing sorted out.

I'm not going to bee tonight because of the storm and my vision still hasn't cleared from the dialation.

Have a good evening!

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 10-15-2014 at 04:30 PM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN ROCKTOBER MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

The weather is so beautiful today it could stay like this all year I wouldn't complane.

We just got back a little while ago from doing errands and such. I had my drink before we went then we were gone so long I was getting very hungry for I usually have a cup of my soup around 3 o’clock. I told Will before I started this program that I would just ask him for a burger from Burger King but didn’t want to sabotage my program. So when we got home I quickly heated up a cup of my soup and chopped veggies to make another pot. After it is done I will put it into serving size plastic bags to make it easy to just get a bag out and dump it in the cup and then into the microwave.

Will went into the book store to get a couple of western magazines and came out with a Cooking Light Chicken Cookbook that is in magazine form for me. It has 95 Quick Sautés, Soups, Stews, Pastas & more with great pictures. I will pick out some recipe to make tomorrow ~ opps, not tomorrow for we have a luncheon date.

The mail brought me my wrap, leather fringed purse & leather fringed jacket today and they are good quality and I am happy with them. I will be stilin’ when the weather turns chilly.

SUSAN I hope the eye surgery fixes your problem.

JEAN Sounds like you are having the same weather we are getting. I get to have my teeth cleaned next month but our insurance covers it. I go every 6 months.

DONNA FAYE Like I saiss to Susan I hope your surgery fixes your problem. The print looks fine on my computer.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #22  

Good Morning! It's promising to be another beautiful day; sunny, no wind, and 70 degrees again. I need to go to the grocery store and Bob mentioned, "next time you go to WM, I need a couple things." That wasn't on my plan for the day. I have crafty club this afternoon -- afghan is not quite finished but I'm hoping to do that this morning.

Susan, I was sorry to read about your vision challenge, but glad that surgery can fix it. A lady at church had a stent put in her eye because it was watering to the point she couldn't see. I had never heard of that. It's wonderful what modern medicine can do. I hope you don't get stuck in the tunnel! Good luck!

Maggie, keep the nice weather coming my way! I just gave away three cookbooks to the gal in Bob's office. She was thrilled and I was glad to get more cupboard space. It's weird that I don't like to cook but enjoy looking at cookbooks.

"Gma," hope you get some food today!

I need to get dressed and accomplish something this morning. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday today!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #23  
Thin Within

Talking

Just got back from having lunch with the museum folks and had a great California burger. That will be my meal for the day so I have two “good for me” shakes and some yummy high fiber soup yet to consume this day. I made a batch of the soup and have it measured out in serving sized bags in the fridge. Right now I have my tall drinking plastic container full of ice water and have been sipping away at it. Life is good.

Not much going on this beautiful weathered day but the usual. Will is going to take pictures of my glass works so to post them for sale then I can get them out of this office and get started on my doll works.

Will found the cutest mat to put in front of the MH steps ~ a mouse trap. It is the funniest thing. One huge mouse trap covering the whole mat. That will be put on the list of things we want for the MH.

JEAN Well Bob did say "next time" so even if it is a week or so when you go to WM . . .unless you want to make a special trip that is.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #24  

Good Morning! The sun finally decided to show its face but it is very, very windy today. The wind makes it feel and look so cold outside. We caught the big tom cat in the trap last night. I'm wondering if there are still two black toms because one has never paid any attention to the trap before. Bob didn't even have food in it this time, just covered it with a towel. Anyhow, said cat has been moved to the farm. I think we have another raccoon who washes his paws in the water bowl. Not much planned for today except to pick up Bob's suit from the cleaners, pick up a loaf of bread, and hopefully finish the afghan.

Maggie, I did go to WM and was surprised the salon had the hair spray Bob likes. He usually gets it from the gal who does our hair but forgot, and she doesn't live on our way to anywhere. His usual mo is to wait until he is completely out of something and then tell me. The mouse trap mat sounds cute.

I am dressed and so guess I will get going. It doesn't sound like the wind will slow down any time soon today. My rocker had a squeak and Bob used WD40 on the hinges but now it's louder than before. I am a "rocker" and it's my favorite chair. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Fantastic Friday

Not much different doing around here except getting my glass works out of this office. That will sure help me get a good start on my doll making. I have to clean off the two tables I have in here and then do the floor good then I am good to go. I have someone who wants to buy some of my glass village. I am going to keep the big blue roofed 3 story house and the barn sitting next to it. We can bring them out and put them in the wide area that the dashboard has to the front window when we sit in one place for awhile; especially at Christmas time for I have little lights to decorate them with. Will has placed my glass works for sale so we shall see if that goes well. Whoever gets it will get lots for a greatly marked down price. Someone like me will know the value of the glass and tools and jump on the deal.

Have you noticed in the frozen dinner department in the store that Marie Calendar now has dinners and not just her yummy pot pies? They may have been out for a long time but were just noticed today.

JEAN That is neat that you take those stray cats somewhere they can find food. The one that got trapped was probably looking for shelter and not food though.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #26  

Good Morning! It's still dark outside so not sure what kind of a day is in store for us. It's warmer than it has been this early in the morning. I hope the wind has blown away! Have to dust and vacuum today as well as more laundry waiting.

Maggie, are you listing your glass items on eBay? I've never sold anything there but guess there are lots of things for sale. I haven't tried the Marie Calendar dinners but the pictures look inviting. I like the WW baked potato entree and haven't been able to get it lately. WM carries a much better selection of WW items than either grocery store. Another stray (I hope) half grown kitten is on her way to the farm this morning. She's been hanging around for a few days now so assume she was dumped although quite spooky.

Hope this is an enjoyable Saturday for all of you!
Old 10-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #27  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny and a Lovely Saturday

Not much on my ticket today. We went by the beauty shop and got me another of those glass nail files for I wanted one to carry in my purse. I cut my nails today for they were getting way too long and decided I needed that file as a reward for sticking so close to my weight loss program.

JEAN The folks that are interested in some of my buildings are local. I have not put any of them on line as of yet. My glass “stuff’ is on a local place called Nex-Tex classified though. I sure wish folks wouldn't just dump unwanted animals. If they are born in the wild then they know how to hunt for food but if they are home fed they have a hard time of it. Especially dogs I would imagine.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #28  

Good morning girls. I posted yesterday but it froze up and disappeared and I didn't feel like trying again. It is chilly this morning, barely 50 but should warm up into low 70's today with a nice sunny day.

I got a lot accomplished yesterday. I did 3 loads of laundry by sitting to fold and put it in the basket and loading and unloading I did one piece at a time. I put in some pork ribs in the crockpot for dinner and we had an ear of corn and hush puppies for dinner and I put away stuff I took to the hospital.

I am going to try and get up the stairs and take a shower today as she said I could shower anytime I wanted to since he glued it instead of sewed it and stapled this time. I used the dry shampoo in my hair at the hospital and it is a mass of gunk. I don't know who thought this worked well, but it didn't.

The surgery went well, the spot was smaller than he originally thought and repair was fairly easy, but he said it is likely this could happen again so who knows? I am sore of course, but not sitting around in pain. I didn't wake up from surgery in pain. I don't usually have a great amount of pain with surgery so I am very lucky. I had this impossible old man in the room next to me though. He was constantly griping, treated his poor little wife like crap and was demanding all the time. He has something wrong where everyone had to wear protective clothing too. He just yelled constantly for help even though there was nothing wrong with him. So I was glad to be away from that.

Susan: I am sorry you are having eye problems. I hope they can repair the issue and help you with your sight.

Maggie: Hope you can get your glass stuff sold that you want.

Jean: I don't like WW meals. I prefer Lean Cuisine for frozen stuff. The Marie Callanders is ok, but nothing to write home about.

I guess I better go and get in my chair and rest and work on T's sock. Have a wonderful day today and a good start to your week. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #29  

Good morning, ladies! a cool 55 degrees right now but the sun is trying to come out. My roses have buds on them.

The seafood festival was a lot of fun and a lot of walking - I clocked nearly 2 miles! I had to pass up on my all-time favorite funnel cake for some shrimp and flounder. The weather was beautiful Friday - in the high 70s so a perfect day for it.

Yesterday I got together with 2 friends and we quilted and watched chick flicks. We had spaghetti squash with meatballs and pasta sauce. Yum!

Faye, I'm so glad you are home and did well with the surgery. Take it easy for awhile and don't overdo.

Jean, animals must have signs that point to your house. You certainly get more than your share. I have to watch out for racoons and other wild critters.

Maggie, I know you hate to part with your glass village. The doll making will be a nice change.

Have a wonderful day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #30  

Good Morning! The sun has been in and out this morning, and the wind has picked up. We are supposed to hit 70 but it's only 58 right now. Bob is singing at church today so will be home sometime after noon, will have lunch, and then head to the farm. Some of the corn is still too wet so he is hoping the wind will help. Yesterday there were three does with three fawns along the grove. As soon as the combine gets close they run back into the trees and hide, then come back out once it quiets down. Bob said the transplanted kitten stayed around all day; the other cats and kittens let her in the shed so now she has friends.

Maggie, the mother cat has been awol ever since the two new strays showed up a couple days ago. The kitten spent two afternoons on the deck so perhaps Momma cat was afraid for her kittens, which we haven't seen since she moved them a week ago. We don't seem to have dogs dumped out here like we do cats.

"Gma," glad you are home and getting back in the groove. It's wonderful that the surgery was better than you expected. Are you still getting fresh corn or eating frozen? I've never tried frozen corn on the cob but have been tempted.

Susan, is the seafood festival sampling different seafood? I sit by one sliding door and usually turn the deck lights on when it gets dark. Last night a HUGE raccoon showed up and then a possum. I knew we'd had a raccoon for a couple weeks because he washes his hands in the water bowl and it's really dirty. Bob didn't have time to transport anyone this morning before church, but the live trap will be out tonight for sure! Bob's farmer friend is betting the tom cat will come back here eventually.

Guess I will put in a load of laundry and finish reading the paper. Hope you all enjoy a relaxing day!