Old 10-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #16  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Happy Friday. Looks like it's going to be a lousy weekend for the cranberry and apple festivals. It's cool and rainy but no "S" yet. I'm working this afternoon - last Friday for me Looking forward to having a bit more time to myself. I did work all day yesterday in the basement. Now that the hobby room is cleaned out, it really makes me want to set it up to use it as it was intended to be. However it's just clean so that DH can rip out the rest of the carpet. Then I have to move everything out of the utility room into the hobby room in preparation for the guys to come and rip up the floor putting in new drain lines and another sump pump. That should be fun as most of what is in the utility room now is boxes of Christmas stuff (which I don't need at the moment) and my food pantry and freezer (that I do). So will have to carefully plan the menu. I think the guys are only working one day so that won't be too bad. I will still plan the menu for the week and pull that which I think I'll need ahead of time. It's going to be a busy week next week too - Tuesday work, Wednesday the people are coming as well as yoga. Thursday I have a class to attend for DH for medicare enrollment - I didn't want to schedule him in case the workers needed an extra day - besides DH "forgets" to hear a lot of important details so I'll have to listen to this anyway. Friday we are going to a concert in town and Saturday I have a Reiki for Animals all day class. I think after next week things will actually start to quiet down a bit. I do need to start making an effort to use the swimming pool at the hotel in town where I bought a pool pass this spring. I skipped the summer due to the guest crowds and who wants to swim in a pool full of wild kids??? Now I will have to make up time before it gets too cold. I am a bit concerned too about my really light blond hair turning greenish from the clorine but the hairdresser said to rinse it as soon as possible after swimming. I still need to finish out the garden bed before more weeds take root - will wait for a sunny day to do that. Lots of people are preparing ahead of time for what we all anticipate to be a long, cold winter. When we first moved into this house I made a rule no TV in the living room - I wanted to use it for admiring the view. DH put the TVs in the bedroom and I really hate watching TV in bed unless it's 20 minutes to catch the news or a weather forecast. So he ran wiring and put the TV in the living room. Now I can sit by the fireplace and watch TV or snuggle on the couch and watch it. Or we can sit together and watch a show which we have not done in the 3 years we've been here due to the set up. Which means we each get a foot massage watching tv - there is a method to my thinking...

I have a doctor's appointment in 3 weeks for my annual physical. My goal for this month is to step up the exercise and avoid those foods (apple cider donuts, all things cheese and the ice cream I got for free from coupons my Mom gave me). Yes I can do this. Need to drag out my cookbooks and find some yummy recipes for autumn comfort foods using lots of vegetables, soups and the crock pot.

And now I need to call my sister and wish her a happy birthday and then get ready for the shop. Hopefully people are down at the cranberry fest 30 minutes away and I'll have a quiet afternoon as I am by myself today. Have a good weekend everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Evening
I'm in Paragould with my gf in a hotel room. They cleaned the carpets and the smell of those fumes were getting to me. but guess I'm getting used to it. She's asleep already. But it's been a tough week for her.
I've worn my new glasses most of the day but had another bad headache. Guess I'll have to get used to them.

--------
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:39 AM   #18  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

evening all,
Been a long hard day resting on the couch. Last night something disagreed with me and I spent from 1.00am to 4.00am moving between the bed and the loo. Enough said, you don't want any more information. Anyway I felt pretty washed out today so things have been a little light in the work area. Still not feeling the greatest but at least it seems that dinner may well stay down although the gut is not yet back to normal.

So I will be back tomorrow with further information from downunder.

see ya.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #19  

Brrrr, in more ways than one. It's 46 degree's this morning and the gf has the air on at 60. I'm about to freeze. Us living together will not work. I'm sure of this now.
The reunion doesn't start till three this afternoon so I'm not sure what we will be doing. I'm waiting for her to wake up to go to breakfast. It's almost 8 so I'll wake her in a few minutes

Shad
Sorry you haven't felt well but glad you are on the mend.

More later
Old 10-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #20  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicklettes,

The dreaded white stuff made it's first appearance yesterday. I was quite busy at the shop, rang up almost $400 in sales myself - considering most sales are around $5 - that's a lot of sales. And people were buying lots of glassware and fragile things that needed to be wrapped up. It was raining out and I happened to glance out the door and was wondering if the rain had turned to snow and an incoming customer verified it. Within 5 minutes it was a blizzard out there. Which fortunately only lasted for about 10 minutes. A miserable day for sure but people were showing up in clumps so I guess many decided to band together and take a drive up for the festivals. It's still chilly today (glad I'm not standing outside in a booth all day) but the sun is trying to peek through so it might be a decent fall day after all. I had the most lovely chat with a little old lady at the shop yesterday. I asked where she was from as she had the most delightful accent. She said as a girl she lived in Wales and although she had been living in the states a long, long time she was still clinging to that British part of her. She picked up a spray of artificial fall flowers/leaves and said I was to guard it with the utmost care while she shopped. That's what started the conversation and we just had the best time chatting. Even other customers wound in an out of the conversation. That made a hectic day fun. And then going home it was snaining again (snow/rain mix) which for some reason wet brings out the most stupidity in drivers. Had a dummy stop in the middle of a busy road at the green light because they were not sure where the grocery store was. And then of course the light went to yellow which they gunned through and left me stopped for a full cycle when I should have had plenty of time to go. Then when I was making my left turn (with the right of way arrow), a short bus decided they were going to turn also and nearly rammed me - I guess they didn't see the NO TURN ON RED sign they had. And as I was cussing the bus driver another out of state tourist decided that the slow speed limit in town was too slow for them and nearly nicked me as they sped in between me and the bus nearly causing both of us to crash. And this was my 4 mile commute home

Ceejay - I hope you have fun at your reunion. Your friend sounds like my DH with the air conditioning in the hotel room. He always turns it way down low and then I'm supposed to get up first and freeze taking a shower. When it comes to living with people, I'm thinking - get a duplex unit - you in one and the companion in another. It really is hard living with someone else whether you have lived with them for 42 years or have lived on your own most of your life. As for the glasses, sounds like you need to make a stop and get them re-fitted. If you are getting such headaches, something might be off in the curve or fit.

Shad - sorry to hear you are feeling ill. Take some ginger - in tea, ale or otherwise. Grab a good book and take a lazy day for yourself to get some needed rest. You know for sure that bed will come today since you are not up to putting it together.

Michelle - how ironic that your surgery is scheduled at the start of the eating season. But then again, you won't be feeling like eating so at least you won't be tempted. Have D save the turkey carcass for a nice broth although you will probably have to utilize the smaller pouch space for solids rather than liquids, no? Anyway, time to prep up and gear down for the start of the race.

Terra - I would have a much harder time getting myself outside for a walk if it was cold and gray, how are you doing?

Annie - are you feeling any better with the foot?

Laura - why didn't you get in much biking this year? Did the summer get away from you as it did me or just a late start that you never caught up to? We had a late spring and then 6 weeks of the dreaded mosquito infestation that kept everyone inside. And then the weeks just flew after that. You would love the bike trails up here - this is a bikers dream as they support a lot of cross country skiing, snowmobiling, ATVing and biking trails up this way. You just have to have sturdy legs which after all those squats and steps you do, I'm sure you are pretty strong.

Susie - any further word on DH? How did you do this week?

Well ... the basement awaits - DH lost his carpet ripper so we have to run out and get a new one. I think I'll pick up some things for a nice beef vegetable soup I can put in the crock pot while we are working. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #21  

Happy
I definitely want my own place no matter where I land. I complained about the air and she turned it down. She went back to sleep. Guess she's tired. I'm thinking about getting out of this hotel room and goo to Walmart for awhile. This is ridiculous. I have feeling she's going to decide to stay here.
at the room. but that's okay. I'll go by myself.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #22  

Afternoon all. Chilly & windy & rainy here today. In other words, miserable. Waiting another hour to walk doggy in hopes it'll stop sprinkling. Ok typing on this phone isn't working today. No cursor & other hinkiness. Bleh. I'll return later on the computer. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone.

I made it through the work week. It was a bit tough as I had that queasy tummy all work. I sipped a lot of ginger-ale and had a lot of crackers. I finally felt back to normal by Friday.

I lost another pound this week. You would have thought it would be more with eating so light but I think my body was holding on to it. I did take a 30 minute walk with my co-workers everyday at lunch.

Several of you asked about DH. We will start the what I am calling the "doctor tour" tomorrow. We have a doctor's appointment every day this week but Friday. In between those we are sorting closets. It's time to switch the wardrobe over from summer to fall/winter. We had some sleet yesterday but it didn't stick around. Thanks goodness.

Happy: I love to talk to others from different countries and States for that matter. Did you make it to the hotel yet to start using that pool pass. You have 3 weeks until your appointment, you can make a lot of headway in 3 weeks.

Ceejay: I agree with Happy that you should go back and get the glasses tweaked a bit--you shouldn't be getting a headache from them.
I hope that you had fun at the reunion despite your travel companion.

Laura: It sounds like we had similar weather yesterday. I turned on our furnace yesterday. It was 62 degrees in the house! You asked if my profile picture were my Brooks shoes. Yes, they are and I love them!!

Terra: what sort of non-food shopping did you do? How is your foot doing?

Michelle: I read the posts about your company cutting back hours and such. Happy gave you great advice about the disability and things for you to check out and I'm glad that it is all working out.

Shad: I hope you are feeling better. I know it was a LONG week for me with that upset tummy.

Have a great day everyone!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all Ya'll

Almost half time, Colts 3, Ravens 0. THey are playing like a bunch of babies. Oh well. Tonight is our last new beginners class at church. It is catered. From Kopper Kettle restaurant. Yum Yum. Google it.

C celebrated is 52nd birthday on Tuesday. The kiddos came over for dinner. It was quite nice. Sam made german choc cake and rice crispy treats, both Cs favorites.

I am feeling much better, body is back to the minimum aches and pains. lol. I sure can feel it in my legs all this walking I am doing. Believe it or not downtown is growing on me.

Hope everyone is having a great day/night.

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Back in the land of the living again. I have no idea what set that off but I may be tempted to blame some ham slices I bought from the deli in a supermarket. I doubt that it was the dressing I made for the Caesar salad. I don't think I ate enough of that to cause that reaction. It was violent.

Today I am going up to Mt Tamborine with friends. They have to take their German cuckoo clock back to the shop for repairs. It seems the cuckoo is cuckooed - excuse the Australianism here. Then in the afternoon I am supposed to be going to a family picnic but they haven't told me where or when yet. Typical. Just expect everyone to turn up on a moments notice. Gotta love the family.

Ceejay - hope you have a wonderful time at the reunion. As for the aircon, you just go and turn it up again. These things need to be discussed and one person can not just turn it down without asking if the other person is okay with that. This is all about rights and responsibilities. You are not a doormat. I firmly believe that as we get older and more settled in our ways, it is not good to bend the self imposed ideas too much. I understand the need for companionship, and the need to share costs in this day and age, but sometimes it is a step too far to actually live with someone after living alone all this time. Think very carefully and unless you can get a place with completely separate areas for each of you, then don't do it.

Happy - I too love the Welsh accent. And their singing is amazing. I love the Welsh male choirs and have several of their CD's. Their singing at a rugby match has to be heard to be believed as well. Well done for getting all those sales in. Love the driving over there. Guess that's got to be seen to be believed as well. Still stupidity abounds, sometimes interspersed with little old ladies with delightful accents. Hope the basement is coming along and getting drier.

Laura - sounds like winter is well on its way there. We are about to embark on a long hot summer by the looks of it. Always something. Along with your phone problems, you didn't get the *** asterisks everywhere this time

Susie - good luck with the 'doctor tour'. Oh how they love to get to grips with you and your insurance payouts. Hope everything turns out okay for you both. Good work on the pound gone. It seems that everytime I have a breakthrough in the weight loss, the fluid just piles it back on again. I know the gain I had was fluid, it will be disappearing again today and I will be back down again. Seem to be bouncing a pound around all the time at the moment.

Annie - the pain in your body could be the body getting used to exercise like brisk walking. It could also be the ankle, but surely that doesn't always affect the other leg. You may find that the leg pain disappears with time. Hope so anyway.

So I had better go put myself in the shower and wash my hair and get ready for an 8.00am start up the hill. Hopefully the crowds won't be too huge up there today even if it is a public holiday. Let's see what the rest of the day will bring.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #26  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yeah I dont like walking outside when its cold so during winter, I'll have to start walking in the mall or at the Y. I'm doing good. How are you doing?

Susie ~ I bought a new purple 3 ring binder and a new medium trash can for the laundry room downstairs and new trash bags and thats it. My foot is doing better. I bought my new shoes yesterday and tomorrow I'll walk outside with them for the first time so we'll see how my foot feels walking with my new shoes outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 7:00 am this morning, W-A-Y- later then my usually 5 am time so I wont wake up that late again. Anyway since I've gotten my new shoes My mom bought me a shoe horn to help me put on my shoes so that the heel part doesnt fold inward so I'll still practicing with the shoe horn, I get my right shoe on without any problem but I have a heck of a time with my left one, Mom says its due to my C.P. cause my left is stiffer then my right one but I'm sure I'll be able to put my left one on easier the more I get used to using the shoe horn. I at least hope it gets easier. My plans for today are to take a shower and do my 2 mile walk tonight and thats it.

Last edited by Terra1984; 10-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #27  

I've been back home since around noon today.
I enjoyed the reunion. Saw the couple of people that I wanted to see and was ready to get out of there. I don't like crowds. One of the girls I went to high school with didn't come. I stayed for a while thinking that she would eventually show up. She was coming from West Monroe, LA. Something hindered her from coming. Maybe next time.
Saw some cousins at the reunion yesterday. One was telling me about what her mom said about the uncles Saturday when I wasn't there. I'm going to call her back and talk to her. I didn't think that yesterday was a good time to talk about the incident that happened between my negative Nancy aunt and myself.
Think I'm finally getting the hang of my new glasses. But I will take them back if the keep bothering me.
-----

Susie
Hope the "doctor's tour" goes well for DH. I need t do the same with the closets. This week end was definitely time for long sleeves.

Shad
I did say something about the ac and she turned it up. I'm not going to fuss over something like that. I think she was testing me. I told her that the air wouldn't come on when the temperature outside is colder than that of what it is on the inside. I really think she froze up the ac at one time cause it blew out hot air. The hotel had turned on the heat. What gets me is that she is all bundle up in the covers but wants the air on and a fan on her on top of that. I guess we're all human and different. She may not have liked it that I got up earlier than she did. I tried to be quiet.

Laura
Don't blame you for having a lazy day. I'll need one of those after the next couple of weeks.

Annie
Sounds like C had a good birthday.

----------
I start a long work week this week as I'm filling in for L at work while she takes her vacation. I'm going to be eating a long of t.v. dinners this week.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #28  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

This morning I heard my alarm go off at 5 am but I turned it off and fall back asleep and then when I woke up it was almost 7 am again, DARN IT!!!!! Anyway I tired to go for my morning walk but I only got down and back up the street before my foot started hurting again but I hope once my shoes break in my foot wont hurt anymore. I'm gonna get my 2 miles in tonight and those are my only plans for today. Mom and I usually go to Walmart on Monday's but I dont know if we're gonna go today since we went shopping on the 3rd, I'll see when mom gets home today.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #29  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies,

I had a very busy weekend, and I walked 3/4 of a mile on Saturday. That probably doesn't sound like much, but it's more than I've been able to walk in nearly a decade because of my back pain. Yesterday, I did 1/2 hour on the bike, 1/2 hour of strength training and an hour of yoga. I wish I could say that my eating has been as good as my exercising, but it hasn't.

I've got to put an END to "food funerals" and eliminate sugar from my diet! Food funerals are when I want to have a certain food one more time because I won't be able to have them after surgery. I've got to tell myself I've had certain foods that I love for 50+ years...that's long enough. I've GAINED a couple pounds...so now I have about 6 or 7 pounds to lose prior to surgery on 11/24. And I WANT to be at my surgery weight by the time of my pre-op appointment on 11/7. I KNOW I can do this! I just have to DO this and not let my inner sugar addict control my life anymore.

I'll try and get back for personals later.

Love you all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #30  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Going to be a very busy week for me so I will probably read more than post and just do a quick check in. I got a lot accomplished in the basement yesterday - pitched out about 30 cans of food that was old - I do need to keep better tabs on what I have on stock and clearly don't intend to keep around as much as I once had. I should easily be able to finish what I need to do today down there. We talked about putting the cats in the 3rd garage bay - it's essentially a one car garage while the guys are here on Wednesday making a horrid racket jackhammering the cement floor to put in the new sump pump and drain lines. We're thinking it will freak out the cats. Might be a bit chilly in there but DH said we can just give them a nice pile of warm blankets to snuggle up in. I'm sure Nina will be sticking her pink nose in everything and if Meadow gets even a sniff of a field mouse - that will keep her occupied. She's never caught one but the way she acts some times I think she would be a very good mouser. But if we use the garage it means I need to straighten up a bit in there too tomorrow after my shift at the shop, lest the cats knock over something I don't want then to while they are checking things out. Rule number one when you have too much "stuff" - stuff takes time, effort and money Sometimes it seems like I am facing a tsunami of things and can never get in front of it. And then again, nothing gets done sitting here in front of the computer, does it?

Michelle - congrats on the walk - that is big news considering you have had so much back pain over the last few years. More steps closer to hitting your goal of once again hiking. I do understand about the food funerals - good name for it. That's a HUGE mental block. I sort of went through the same thing when I quit smoking because I kept focusing on the negative - I'll never be able to have another cigarette again (and this was when I still wanted to smoke). The never part made the "now" part all the more alluring. Like anything, you need to focus on the positives and why you are doing the surgery and what you will be gaining (like being able to hike again) instead of on the typical human emotion of what you are giving up. Again as I'm sure you have heard in your classes, the mind game is the toughest part.

Terra - sorry your foot is hurting again but be mindful of it. My sister had plantar fasciitis - pain in the heel - she ignored it and kept hoping it would get better and she pushed it so hard that she actually made it worse for weeks on end. It might be a bigger problem than just breaking in new shoes.

Ugh - Ceejay does this mean you will be pulling double shifts? That's a tough week when all you basically get to do is work and sleep. Glad you had a nice time at the reunion - pity that the one person you wanted to see wasn't able to make it but that's how it works sometimes.

Shad - glad you are feeling better. Easy to blame the food when you get sick like that but sometimes there's just a virus in the air or someone who had germy hands on the shopping carriage or bannister. When I was younger and my Mom probably still says this, they even blame it on something in the water system for a temporary thing. But at least you are up and ready to conquer the world again. Hope you have a nice picnic with the family - I am with you - would rather have some plans in place ahead of time rather than a spur of the moment thing. Spontaneous is good, but advance preparation is good too. Have a good day.

Annie - C and my sister are the same age - born just a few days apart. I told her to really enjoy her 50's because 60 just sucks. You're old and there's no getting around it. So.. despite getting used to walking around, how is downtown growing on you? I really did miss the walking once I had to start driving to work although if I had to do the train station to other end of downtown marathon commute, it would kill me for sure I'm glad you are liking the new job so far.

Laura - I'm sure you are typing over my head as I write this. Hope you found something fun to do inside - even if it's just some good coffee and a long date with the Sunday paper - while it was cold and crummy out there.

Susie - good luck with the doctor tour - hope they can help him. Isn't it frustrating when you have eaten less and then you don't see stellar results? But again, I guess it proves that if you go under your daily calories, the body hangs on to what little it's getting. You are still a pound down and making progress, this will be a better week. Thank you for the encouragement - no way will I get to the pool this week but for sure next week when we are back to normal. The swimsuit is front and center in the closet reminding me ...

Let me go get busy. Have a good week everyone.