Old 10-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #166  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

CJ - I'm so so sorry, I hope you can forgive me.

Michelle ~ Yeah the party was alot of fun

Dean must be on the other thread I post on.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #167  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Going to be as hot today as yesterday. Supposedly there is a chance of a late storm but we won't hold our breath.

happy - sorry to hear about the dental troubles again. Always something. I hope that the temporary crown will hold second time around and that the new one fits where it is supposed to be.
Happy birthday to Mum. Hope you can find something appropriate for her - a pacifier?
Sounds funny that you are putting your vege garden to bed for the winter. My neighbour informs me that she just put her vege patch to bed for the summer! Things we do.
My orchids are neglected - compared to what others do to theirs - and they don't seem to have much more success than I do unless they are orchid breeders. Both orchids and roses are relatively drought resistant - roses particularly. But they do have their problems, like black spot, bugs etc. I just throw a bucket of soapy water over the roses when the bugs get too bag. Probably should be doing the same with the orchids. When I repot the orchids, they get new soil and bark and fertiliser. If they are too big and can be separated I will do that, but generally not.
I'm not sure where you are getting your ticket prices from, but you must be travelling first class. I can get to LA from here and return for under $1800.00 - not much under, but under anyway. I would not come to Aus for 2 months. Yes it would take that long to see the lot, but you would be somewhat bored. 6 weeks for both Aus and NZ and see would see enough to make you dump your visas.
Speaking of boots. I got some Homy Peds the winter before last. They are so comfortable that I forget I have them on. And they are 'airport' friendly. I don't have to take my shoes off to get through security anywhere in the world (apart from the American security).
Good thing on missing the deer and I can tell you that your DH probably sent a few of his pounds my way. The $#%#% man.

Dee - 157cm or 1metre 57cm = 5.1 13/16 inches. Close to 5.2'. You're welcome to come on down, there is a house for sale in the street.

Laura - So it is back to walking the footpath to the railway station for work from now on. Boo! Pity summer doesn't last longer for you. Thanks for the photos. I love the autumn trees.

Michelle - good to hear that Santa is being giving a clean bill of health.
I'm sure the advertising gurus and the tv companies will find a way to put more adverts than game time into the game on Nov 1. At the bottom of this post, there is a u-tube clip from some of the All Blacks giving a greeting to Chicago. Unfortunately you won't get to see Ma'a Nonu as he is out with a serious arm injury and is not travelling for the rest of the year.

Ceejay - I will look it up on Amazon and see if I can get it for little Miss S or one of the great nieces.

Okay - better get on with cleaning the bathroom, wiping down the fan blades which collect dust like nothing on earth and finishing the repotting. I can only do a couple more, as one of the remaining orchids has decided to throw a flower spike and I won't repot that until the flowers are finished. I've a few plants to put in the front garden and a few for the vege patch. I should be harvesting tomatoes this week or next week. Seems to be a fair number on the plants as well. Bring it on.

Here you go. Some yummy blokes with funny accents - well for you lot they probably have funny accents.

All Blacks greet Chicago

Last edited by Shad; 10-28-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #168  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning fine ladies,

It's a wet and chilly and dark one out there today. Good day for sleeping in but I have a morning shift to cover at the thrift shop. I should call the dentist and get this broken temporary replaced and tonight I committed to going to an event to hear a live stream broadcast debate of 2 political candidates vying for a congressional seat in our newly formed district. I hope it's not going to be a snoozer because I am bleary eyed already. Drink up that coffee chickie!

Shad - that is funny that your neighbor is putting her garden bed down for the summer - see, we're all the same when you get right down to it Good to hear that airfares are not nearly as dear as I thought they were. Must leave some money for food, touring and a comfortable bed at night. You're correct - I just checked prices to leave August 1, 2015 (the farthest I could get a ticket price) - $1800 for economy class. $16,000 for a first class ticket. Guess we won't be coming over unless we take a boat Did you get the fan blades cleaned? I've always wondered how so much dust accumulates in the bathroom

Ceejay - I am doing fine with the shingles, thanks for asking. No new outbreaks. I went to the doctor yesterday and she said there is no relation between the severity of chicken pox as a child and how bad or mild a shingles outbreak would be. She said it depends on how good your immune system is. The fact that I had a mild case means I have a very strong immune system. It's the ONLY strong thing on me nowadays, let me tell you! Are you planning on visiting the family for Thanksgiving?

Michelle - I had one picture of Mel and I can't seem to find it on my computer. I will look for my zip drive, I might have pulled it off an old computer. Will post when I find it. How is your back doing lately?

Thanks for the video posts - I will have to check them out later.

Laura - I'm glad you mentioned the movie Philomena - I will have to check it out. My friend told me about it yesterday - it's the same subject as the book I just finished reading. Might want to rethink your vacation day on Halloween unless you plan on staying in. I saw a note on Facebook from WGN that it looks to be the coldest Halloween in a long time. Should have taken off yesterday Beautiful tree you have there - there were some gorgeous ones in the neighborhood.

Hi Annie, Susie and Terra

Dee - when I am back on the good eating wagon, one of our favorite desserts is vanilla yogurt with chopped assorted berries and some granola for him, Uncle Sam flax cereal for me for a good crunch factor. You could do it with drained, canned in juice fruits like peaches too I imagine. It makes for a light, refreshing sweet treat. I did see lots of people mentioning using a rubber band to secure their fitness band but I can't imagine how that closes things up - guess I am having a doofus moment.

Sorry that I have to cut this short. Gotta pop in the shower. Have a good day and stay warm except for Shad whose house at 106F is WAY TOO HOT for me
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #169  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

The surgery scheduler called me and said that my surgery needs to be rescheduled to November 19. My employer won't be pleased. Since they aren't scheduling any surgeries for Thanksgiving week, I was kind of wanting to schedule it for the week of December 1st. She said that December dates are fairly full because of teachers wanting to get the surgery done over the school break. She won't know for sure what December dates are available until next Monday. If I stick with November 19th, that gives me 3 weeks to get to surgery weight. 3 weeks to get liquid or chewable vitamins ordered. And just over 1 week to get the disability paperwork completed because I have to turn that in at my pre-op appointment on November 7. The surgery date is coming up fast! I'm excited and a little nervous at the same time.

I'll try and get back on here a bit later to do personals.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #170  

Morning all.*

Michelle – I sure hope you can get the surgery date you want.* Those teachers should get their surgeries done during summer break!!** Oh, you’re a good candidate for that pneumonia shot – I forgot about your bouts of bronchitis in the past.* Love those pics of Santa!* Especially the one where he’s chasing the lure!* I’ll have to get to dropbox and check out the others.

Happy – I’m glad you’re shingles aren’t spreading!* Good to learn their severity doesn’t correlate to the severity of chicken pox, and also good to hear that having a strong immune system can lower the severity.* Oh, interesting about the book being on the same topic as the movie “Philomena”.* Philomena was also based on a book.* The topic is interesting, but I don’t know if I could read it because it’s such a heartbreaking topic (having a baby taken away from you).* I would be interested in seeing a picture of Mel if you (or anyone else here) happen to find it.* Better you than me listening to the political debate.* The whole thing leaves me feeling like I need to shower.* But then again, this is IL, LOL.*

Shad – Yes, I’ll miss the bike now.* I do, however, feel like I get more exercise walking.* Thanks for the you-tube clip.* Those All Blacks are some good-looking guys. * I’m glad the match is on during the day on Saturday, as I have plans for that evening.*

Ceejay – I’m not looking forward to the cold temps coming our way either, but we’ll just have to deal with it.* We’ve had a good autumn, so I’m happy for that.*

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!

==

Nothing much to report.* Glad I left the bike at home yesterday – it was pretty dark when I got off the train.*

Last night I did a Margaret Richard workout dvd I bought a couple months ago.* It was longer than the BE shows and worked both upper and lower body.* I did all of the upper body and some of the lower body and skipped the last three routines and went straight to the cool down routine.* I think my upper body will be getting sore later*today.*

I had 9,754 steps yesterday.**TodayI managed 17 pushups.*

Tonight’s chosen movie was The Judge and I’m going to see it.*

That’s it for me.* TTFN.*

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #171  
Turning Into A New Woman

Happy ~ Hi, How are you doing today? I hope your doing good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's everyone doing for Halloween on Friday? Scott and I are gonna pass out candy and watch a couple of scary movies
Old 10-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Terra
Of course you are forgiven. It's an easy misunderstanding.

Happy
That's good to know about the Shingles.

Laura
I'd like to see the movie the Judge. I also like detective movies/novels. Think I'll look up the author you mentioned.

Shad
Oh how I hate cleaning the ceiling fans! I use the soapy water on my flowers too. Also good for wasps.

Annie, Dee, Susie, :hello:

------
It's a rainy day. But nothing severe in our area. It's turning cooler. In the 40's tonight.
I called the doctor this morning to find out the results of my x-rays. Still no call back but he'll probably call later today. If not I'll call again tomorrow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #173  

Morning all.* Happy Hump Day.*

Ceejay – The detective fiction author Martha Grimes is a US author, but her detective stories are based in England.* The series has built upon its characters and their relationships with each other and I enjoy that.* Each novel’s title is the name of a pub featured in the book.* I hope you’re no longer feeling the effects of your fall at work.* Have your doctor shown you the xrays yet?*

Terra – I’m still debating taking a vacation day on Friday for Halloween.* It’s helpful to have two of us home because the dog doesn’t react well to all the people coming to the door (let alone the ringing of the doorbell).* One of us hands out candy, the other keeps the dog away from the door.* I like the idea of watching a scary movie.* Have you and Scott picked them out, or will you watch something whatever you find being shown on TV?

Hellos to the rest of you.* Hope you’re all having a good week.*
^^^
I saw the movie “The Judge” last night.* I thought it was really good, and it had a great cast – Robert Duvall, Robert Downey Jr., Vincent D’Onofrio, Vera Farmiga.*

After the movie, I stopped at the supermarket and bought some yard waste stickers.* Bf had let the grass grow long again, so he couldn’t just mulch it into the lawn.* He had to bag all the grass, which there was more of because he cut the grass really short this time.* And along with the grass were all the leaves he mowed up with the grass in the backyard.* There are a total of 11 bags/containers to put to the curb for tomorrow’s pickup.* And that’s not counting the leaves he had to rake from the front lawn to the curb.* I hate paying money to throw something away.* Especially if it could have been avoided by just keeping the lawn mowed regularly.* Sigh.

My new down coat was delivered yesterday, but I didn’t have time to open the box and take a look at it.* I’ll do that*tonight.*

Steps for yesterday were 7,846.* I did my pushups*today.* My triceps are sore from Monday night’s workout.* I was running a couple minutes late leaving the house this morning, so I had to walk very briskly to make sure I made my train.* At least I got my heart pumping, lol.* I’ll try to get a workout in*tonight.*

That’s about it for me.* Have a great day everyone.*
Old 10-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #174  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

The day started with DH wrassling the cat - time for a teeth cleaning and since she won't let us do it ourselves - a claw clipping. For some reason she allows the vet to clip her nails but with us it's wrestlemania time and she freaks out. Meadow was not happy at all and poor DH was even more unhappy. It about kills him chasing after her and stressing her out. The vet pulled him into a room for a consult and basically said her life will be shortened immensely with her diabetes (she's already 8 years old). Given the cat's personality and emotional issues, we have decided to make her time as comfortable as possible rather than stressing her unduly with shots, starving her by adhering to a strict diet she won't eat (tried that already) and pretty much making her run around afraid and cowering. We have gotten her adjusted to a diet that is far more healthy for her and treats have been minimalized. So we are on a middle ground here and believe that she has a good quality of life right now - certainly much better than she had in the shelter. The thing that hurts DH is that for the next 2 weeks he won't be able to get anywhere near her until she forgets that he snatched her and put her in a travel bag. But she WILL eventually forget which means that for the next 2 weeks she will like me more

The rest of my temporary crown came off yesterday - I have to go this afternoon to get it replaced which means I miss yoga yet again. I don't want to go days with this stub open so I have little choice in the matter - they hold one appointment a day open for emergencies and I have to take what is available. I saw that they opened registration for the January - May sessions so I stopped at the Continuing Education office on the way home yesterday and signed up for that.

Last night DH and I went into town to watch a live stream of a political debate between the incumbent and his challenger. My sister thought we were nuts to go out on a cold and rainy night to see what she is so sick of hearing about (tv ads and robo phone calls with the upcoming election). But I am tired of the do nothing politics and constant infighting and stalemates we have had in our government the last several years so I vowed that I would take more of an interest in the candidates. I'm not sure it was worth the trip out but it did open my eyes to one important thinking point. There was a stiff wind and icy cold rain - just a hair above the snow point. The theater was cold and I snuggled up to DH who was nice and warm with his flannel farmers shirt - I can see why the cat runs into his arms as much as she does - he makes a nice heater! Got home and I noticed I am starting to spark with static electricity when I touch light fixtures and metal so that is a sure sign winter is here...

I was looking for boots to wear with my jeans - not a snow boot but something that won't be as slippery on the frosty ground and stairs. New Balance makes a line called Cobb Hill. I ordered them from Amazon just because their return policy is the least hassle. I really like the boots - they are comfortable except that the arch seemed a bit high - that happens to me when I switch out to a shoe I haven't worn in a while. I am "breaking them in" around the house and I think I'll like them a lot. Also I was looking for some long sleeved t-shirt type tops for yoga - it's sometimes cool in that room. I got a lot of clothes at Kohls - good prices for the casual clothes I wear now but lately I have been disappointed in the quality of their clothes. I decided to give JC Penney's a try again. I was pleasantly surprised with the shirts I got - not like the last time I ordered - I think their dress clothes are of a poorer fabric and construction line the but cotton stuff was nice. Also they carry a line called Earth Angels for pajamas. VERY nice, comfy soft cotton. I liked them so much I ordered another extra pair. They also had capris which are ankle biters for me but fit better than regular long pj pants. So that's my product endorsments for the week. Oh and Penzy Spices had a recipe for cranberry oatmeal bars in this month's catalog - DH made them yesterday but used fresh cranberries instead of dried and they were fantastic. We had to cook them longer than the recipe but that is often the case I found with dense oatmeal bars. The fresh cranberries were more tart so it was not an overly sweet dish.

Laura - I know what you mean about the pain of spending money (and those stickers are not cheap!) for the yard waste bags. But if you mulch the clippings back every time then you should have an aeration done in the spring to loosen the soil and that's not cheap either so it was probably good to bag this last trim of the season. Thanks for the review on The Judge movie. It looked quite interesting. One of the volunteers at the shop is going to lend me her copy of Philomena so thank you for your review on that also. Yes, it was a hard subject to deal with - both from the mother's perspective and on the flip side in the book from the child's experience. I had a difficult time reading about the torment of that poor child at the hands of the nuns and basically every adult in his young life. Makes you want to go hug a kid. And bring them a pet from the animal shelters.

Ceejay - let us know how the x-rays turn out.

Terra - I live on a quiet road (only 4 houses and a mini farm) and the houses are quite far apart so we don't get trick or treaters. They have a couple of trunk and treat events set up at local churches and schools in town where those wishing to pass out candy (from car trunks) sit in the parking lots and kids can go from car to car. I think that's a much better idea for safety and ease. I'd rather drop off a few bags of candy or donate some money to a community party rather than the door to door manner. It just doesn't work well up in these parts. Hope you get good weather for the treaters - it's supposed to be rather cold around here.

Michelle - argh - that's a bummer about the surgery schedule getting changed! Sure puts a crimp on lots of things. And that's like just over 2 weeks away I know you wanted to do it sooner at the beginning but trying to get all the lose ends tied up including your work load, that has to put you in mega hustle mode. I hope you can work everything out. Just remember that things happen for a reason even if it seems inconvenient at the time.

Shad - giving Mum 6 pounds of candy WAS like giving her a pacifier. Of course she thanked me profusely - said it was too much (but she secretly liked the fuss) and promptly pointed out that I did not send her a specific kind of candy - the one that would have cracked her fragile teeth and had so much sugar it would really make those achy knees of hers hurt even worse. That's nice to hear that your tomato plants are pushing out the fruit. Hopefully you get to them before the bugs do. Are you are water restriction for watering the garden now?

I guess that's about it for me for now. I should go do something and make a meal to hold me over before I head off to the dentist. Catch you on the flip side...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #175  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi ladies,

No time to post today...so I'm just flying by to say hi!

Love to all,
Old 10-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #176  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

I didn't get a good nights sleep last night so I'm dragging somewhat today. I've decided that I won't do any heavy work today. I'm tired, my shoulders ache from the shovelling and pushing and putting together the watering system for the front garden, so I reckon I might give the front garden a good water later and plant the petunia and gerbera later tonight when it gets back to cool and shady. I've some plants from round the back to dig up and bring to the front but that will be a quick job, dig a hole out front, dig up the plants from around the back, drop them in the prepared hole. So today might just be inside work and a trip in the car to get some mulch and stuff. Might just take a drive to the country and find some horse poo to put in the garden as well. Not much chance of rain in the next week forecast. They get it wrong so much of the time that some times I think that when they get it right we should give them a bonus. There are some well paid CEO's around the place that get bonus' for less.

Miss Puss is not very well either. Might see if I can get her into the vet today. I think the teeth are hurting again. The only thing she seems to like is yoghurt. Even turned down ice cream the other day.

Happy - yes the fan blades got cleaned. The one in the lounge doesn't come apart so I had to get up there with a step stool, a bowl of soapy water and a couple of cleaning cloths. I can take the blades off all the others and screw them back on again when they are clean and dry. Makes things easier I guess.
Poor little kitty. Hope she forgives the DH quickly. Boy can cats hold a grudge. I can do Sunday's nails. She is pretty good with that. Doesn't exactly like it, but puts up with it without fuss. My old girl is 18 years old this month. She is having some digestive problems, and I wonder how much she can see. Seems to hear pretty well unless she is in one of those really sound sleeps that she seems to sink into these days.
We don't have water restrictions any more, however the more you use, the more you pay. Having a garden tends to use up water, but I have cut down the laundry and take very quick showers. It's amazing how quick you can soap up, lather up, rinse off and get out when you know that you are about to be slugged for the luxury. Don't know how big families get on.

Michelle - Well surgery moved forward again. I hope you can get this out of the way asap since it must be playing h*ll with the nervous system. Not surprised that the bosses are not excited about the move forward.

Laura - Glad you enjoyed the eye candy in the video. Should be an interesting game. I hope they televise it here although I shudder to think what time it might be. Just check the world clock and you are somewhere around 15hours behind us, which makes it probably (depending on when the game starts) somewhere between 4.00am and 6.00am in the morning. No rest for the wicked! Here the boys have been out and about on the town. Some of the newer guys have never travelled to the States previously so they would be the guys standing on the street corners going "oooh aaaah - didyaseethat bro! Stretch Hummer eh! Never fit that on the streets of Wellington, eh cuz!!"
You are doing well with the steps and the pushups. Keep it up.

Ceejay - yep the washing machine water goes over the rose garden. I can't use it for the vege garden because of the chemicals in washing detergent. I try to buy low phosphorus detergent but it isn't always easy. And now I see they are using palm oil in the detergent in some brands which is not good stuff and besides which, it means that they chop down the rainforests to plant the palms and this means that the orangutang is about to become extinct in the wild.

I'm really hacked off about my weight this month. Was going well for a while and thought that I would be able to report a small loss, but for some reason that has evaporated and I will be lucky to stay the same. Very annoying, especially since I have been doing all that yard work and my food has been pretty good. We can tell ourselves it is muscle building as much as we like, but that doesn't make for wild swings in gains and losses on the scale. I think it is fluid, but I have to drink because in this climate, if you don't drink, you are dead.

And that is about it for me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
I understand about those wild swings in the weight. I have them to. I am to the point of starting back with the baby steps. I don't want to totally give up but I ask myself is it worth it and the answer is yes. I know I eat to late at night. but I'm trying not to eat a heavy meal.

Happy
Poor kitties. I'm with you on all the political campaigning. Sorry about the tooth. Did you get a dentist appointment?

Laura
I may make a trek to our library to see about those books. I'm to the point that I'd rather use those than buy anything that takes up space.

Susie
Have I missed your post or are you to busy?

Michelle
Are you taking the November date for surgery?

Terra
How are things going for you?

-----
My doctor called me after 5 p.m. yesterday and told me that I have a small amount of arthritis in both my neck and lumbar area of the spine. I took some Mobic last night and the pain has let up a bunch. Still some stiffness in both areas. The x-ray's were not for the fall.
It's been a beautiful day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #178  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura ~ Thats cool that you might take Friday off from work, Thats a good idea that you pass out the candy and your boyfriend/husband keeps the dogs from coming to the door.

Happy ~ Thats cool how you guys meet in the parking lot and then the kids go to car to car to get candy, That is alot safer then going door to door.

CJ ~ Things are going good for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 8 a.m. this morning and I got ready to go to my appt. and I let Clyde outside and I got his food ready for the day and then I went to my appt. and then I came home around 3:00 p.m. and I also walked a little bit outside before it got dark.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #179  

Morning all.* Chilly day*today.*

Terra – Will you be changing your walking routine now that it’s getting dark so early and will be getting cold outside?* I think you mentioned using an indoor walking track?*

Ceejay – I use the library for almost all of my reading, though I do buy used paperbacks occasionally from the thrift store.* I rarely re-read books, so I don’t need to own them and keep them around.* I pay property taxes that go towards the library - i like to take advantage of all those services they offer.

Shad – I can well understand you being tired and sore from your labors – I got tired from just reading about all the digging and planting and fertilizing you posted about.* Poor kitty – I hope the vet can help her feel better.* She’s got some years on her now!* Re cleaning the ceiling fan blades – I would never have thought to take them off the motor!* And the bf, who swapped out existing ceiling fans when we first bought the house and then swapped them out again for new ones a few years back, would never agree to such a thing.* But that means cleaning the blades practically entails laying down a tarp to catch the dust that comes off them! Definitely one of the bigger PITA housecleaning jobs, along with cleaning venetian blinds.* Re the rugby match – I think it’s starting here at*2:30 pm, so that would be in the wee hours of the morning for you.* It’s now Friday for you, so Happy Halloween & TGIF!

Hi Michelle!

Happy – Poor Meadow.* I hope she’s settled down by now and isn’t giving the dh the cold shoulder anymore, though it hasn’t been two weeks yet.* Enjoy your time with her in the meantime.* * I didn’t know New Balance had other shoe brands – I’ll have to take a look at them.* I think there are good quality clothes at Kohl’s and Penney’s, it just depends on the brands.* I still have yet to check out the dress slacks at JCP that a couple of you recommended.* Good point about spending the money on lawn aeration vs. yard waste stickers.* In response to my griping, bf’s logic was that it was cheaper him doing the lawn than a service doing it, LOL.* I like the “trunk and treat” events – I never thought about how trick or treat wouldn’t work that well for kids in the rural areas…Wow, your mom got a LOT of candy from you.* Good you didn’t get her the type that would break her teeth!* No one needs that.* I remember as a kid, one of my friends introduced me to Jujubees – that was my first and last time eating those.* I thought they might yank my teeth out!* Your mention of baking with fresh cranberries has made me want to make something with them too.*

Hellos to Susie, Annie, & Dee!*

==

Nothing much to report here.* I had about 7400 steps yesterday. I forgot to wear my pedometer today, so I don’t have the exact number.* I did one BE workout last night, so it was short and sweet.* Not one of the more challenging ones either.* I think when I do those workouts, I’ll try to do two at a time.* Like any other 30-minute TV show, the net amount of show ends up around 25 minutes max after beginning and ending credits and commercials.* Well, PBS doesn’t have commercials, but all the other programs they promote at the beginning and end of the show itself.*

I tried on the new down coat and it fits nicely.* It’s not quite as poufy as the old one, but that’s fine.* I’m sure it’ll be warm.* It sure is long!* And the big improvement over my old down coat is that the hood has a drawcord and therefore can be adjusted.*

Bf made some Bolognese sauce using our homegrown tomatoes yesterday.* Looking forward to having that with some pasta tonight.* I still have a spaghetti squash sitting on the counter I need to use, but I’ll probably end up eating that by myself.* Bf kind of like the spaghetti squash the first time we tried it, but of course prefers real pasta.*

I’m gonna try to get in to see my eye doc*tomorrow*about my contacts – the left one isn’t the right rx.* Between trying to get the strength and astigmatism settings correct in the type of lens I like (dailies), it’s not all that easy I guess.* Anyway, if I can get an appointment, I’ll take a half day of vacation.

Okay, gotta run.* Everyone have a great day.*
Old 10-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #180  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi ladies,

No time for personals right now. Tonight I'm having dinner at my step-mom's as my step-brother is leaving tomorrow to go back to Belize (where he lives).

Tomorrow, my good friend who lives in Las Vegas is coming to town for the weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing her.

And, I just heard back from the surgery scheduler...apparently my surgeon's wife is having some kind of surgery in early December, so he needs to take the first 2-3 weeks of December off. So, looks like I'll be having surgery in less than 3 weeks (Nov. 19th). I'm excited, nervous and anxious. Lots to take care of between now and then, not the least of which is losing the last 4-5 pounds.

Love to all,