Old 10-25-2014, 05:53 AM   #151  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

Been a long hot day here and no rain in sight although the forecast says it might be on Monday. Please note they didn't say which Monday.
I worked in the garden from 6am to 8am and I now think that maybe I should start out there at 5am because it was damn hot when I came in and I had a headache for a good part of the day, not to mention that I drank around 1.5 litres of water, coffee, tea and anything else wet that I could lay my hands on. Needless to say I haven't been back out to repot more of the orchids or anything else for that matter.

Susie - well done on the weight loss for the week. That's awesome. You will be the weight loss queen by the end of the month if you keep that up.
The ants are an ongoing problem in the tropics. They generally come inside when they sense that there is rain coming. So far they have been wrong.
Hope the hand gets better soon.

Laura - The new arrangement of potted plants must be pretty in the office. So much nicer than the fake plants we had in one or two of the places that I have worked.
Understand the problems with the seating arrangements on the train. Hate it when you have people behind you who kick the seats. Had plenty of those on planes as well. I read in todays NZ news that some passenger had to stand most of the way in their plane ride since the person next to them was so obese, they couldn't fit into the seat and took up most of the seats on either side. I sincerely hope the standing passenger got some form of discount for not beating up on the unfortunate obese passenger.
Coat sounds nice and really good for the winter to come.

Dee - no, no blokes on this thread and I am not sure that we have ever had one here. There is a mans thread in the support group. I guess most of them go there. Nothing to say a man can't join us. Might bring a different perspective to our thinking
You sound a bit like me. I have quite the collection of hand and power tools. I can use all of them reasonably well too. I do a fair amount of the maintenance and renovations around this house.
Just now we are in Spring - if you can call it Spring in the tropics. It means cool nights and hot days and usually the humidity starts to rise but we haven't had much in the way of humidity yet. Spring doesn't mean much in the garden up here. Bulbs, for example, last only a few days and only bloom for the specific Spring you plant them for. I'm in Queensland and we are supposedly sub-tropical in Brisbane. Summer means rain and humidity and bugs, and Winter is my favourite season since it is warm days and cool nights.

Ceejay - How great to be related to a published author. Well done to your sister. What is the book about? Hope you do manage to get to see her and the book signing

There isn't much on tv tonight. I may well go to bed early and read. I still feel bushed after my stint in the garden. Must be getting old.
have a great day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #152  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

What day is it? Days are flying by. Yesterday I avoided all the voices in my head that said to cancel and went to the dentist. Had a crown that broke 2 years ago and figured it was high time to get it fixed - especially since we are paying almost a thousand dollars a year for dental insurance. I have a "big" mouth figuratively and a very small mouth literally so I hate going to the dentist. Between uber sensitive teeth and the pain of seized up jaw muscles from tying to hold my mouth open, it is NEVER a pleasant experience. Yesterday took an especially long time he said because it was difficult getting the old crown off. But that was done with and I came home and it was a nice day. Put away the empty garden (flower) pots and racks for the winter. Put out a few Halloween decorations because I found them in a box and culled 2 more boxes of stuff from the garage. After the dentist I ran around town - am cancelling my many appointments for the first 2 weeks in November pending potential jury duty. Also Mum's birthday is Tuesday. Since she sees many things, wants them all and when we get them for her she universally puts them in the closet never to be seen again (or worse GIVES THEM TO HER NEIGHBOR ) - it makes it very hard to get her anything. I could not find any thrift shop books from her favorite authors - I buy thrift shop books because she can't remember what she has read until she reads the first 5 pages or so and refuses to make a list of what she's gotten to help us out. Still she asks for books all the time. So I admit, I went to the one thing she will use and enjoy - candy. Sent a big box of several kinds of assorted chocolates and some mini marshmallows to her. I called Sis and warned her Mum will be "wired up" until at least Christmas I also included a birthday card from the cats since Mom thanked me for the 2 beautiful cards I sent last week but said she was sad that the kitties had not "sent" a card. So I took care of that too. Shipping was frightful. I also sent back a back support belt DH did not like. The belt was 30 dollars, cost me almost 11 for shipping and the company will deduct 5 dollars for return and the cost of shipping - what cost - didn't I just pay???? It's almost not worth returning at all. Next time I must be mindful - only order from Amazon what I know I will keep OR stuff that Amazon fulfills - not some company that gets orders through Amazon but supplies them themselves - I have gotten burnt a few times with that situation. Today we are going to see one of my coworkers who is having ankle surgery next week - will stop by to wish him well. Then we are going to rake pine needles and continue winter prep. Tonight they are having a benefit for the local live theater and the Humane Society - a band playing at a new bar that just opened. Monday I am going to help a coworker setting up her business with Pinterest and Facebook and we are supposed to have a "book club" discussion about a book she recommended that I still have 200 pages to read. We are meeting after our respective doctors' appointments so I won't have much time for reading... And then I sit and twiddle my thumbs for the next 2 weeks to see if I get called for jury duty - I deferred as much as I can. After that it's almost Thanksgiving which means Christmas is right around the corner Life is busy for being retired But a good busy.

Shad - I daresay that I would sweat and melt in your "comfortable" temperatures and you would "freeze and sieze" in the cooler temps I would prefer. And we are talking moderate temps here not excessive heat and snow I'm sorry to hear that it appears you are in another cycle of draught. A rain barrel doesn't do much good if there's nothing to collect. I did not know that orchids thrive on neglect - I always thought they were a delicate flower! Are you sure you're not saying that just because you have a penchant for orchids and roses - things I do not? When you say you repot orchids do you mean just a bigger pot or do you separate a big plant into smaller ones? Not sure you are getting old with being tired, the heat sucks the energy out of all but the wee ones. If it takes 2 months to properly tour Australia, then we'd better hold off on our trip until we are ALL retired. DH just said now that a 15 day trip to NZ would cost us $10,000 USD. And we'd have to buy another airplane ticket to get from here to Los Angeles where the flight originates. He was ooohhhing about the gorgeous countryside. I guess I have to get a job to save up for the Australian leg. How long would I have to work at $7 an hour (typical pay up this way) to save enough for a 2 month trip - oh and we'd have to fly first class also with DH's back and my stiff body.

Ceejay - how fun for your cousin's wife! I take it she is doing a local tour to promote the book? Those meet the authors can be fun. We have people here that set up a table or two at the craft fairs. They are always interesting to talk to. Sorry to hear of your stumble but sometimes even bruising just your pride can sting a bit.

Terra - happy birthday to your brother - you have birthdays close together. Did you have to share parties when you were younger? Good for you for keeping your walking commitment! Lots of people love Chihuahuas - we had one at the shelter this week - 10 minutes after they posted he was available for adopting, someone hurried their paperwork so they could take him home - always good to see animals get their fur-ever homes.

Dee - thank you for the work you do with the Humane Society. I love people who try to help out the animals in this world. The right pet can make a difference to families and to lonely people also as is the case up this way. You certainly are a busy lady and a craftsman at that. She will be a handy one to have once we open the commune girls, right? Thanks for the info on the VivoFit - I take it that's like the FitBit?

Laura - yuck on the inconsiderate seat mates on the train. Do you sit in the same car all the time? I can understand how nice it was to ride home in the sunshine - I noticed this week how quickly it's getting dark and we have about an hour's more light up here than you do. And then on the 2nd of November we will be changing time again and it will get dark even sooner. Never my favorite time ... I purchased a below the knee coat from Lands End when we moved up here but I rarely use it. Reason being that in the winter we mostly use the 4Runner and it's really hard to step up into the truck when your coat is zipped mid calf to neck And it will be even worse in the new truck that is even higher than my old one. However with all the walking you do, that will be a good length for your commute trekking. Did you get a fun color? Sounds like you got a very good health check up at the doctor - keep up the good work!

Susie - :congrats: on doing so well thusfar in the Biggest Loser contest! That is fantastic. Good for you for treating yourself to a new pair of jeans - I'd say you deserved it. LB jeans were always too long for me - I find their clothes fit taller people better - even the t-shirts. Have you ever tried Lee Jeans? You can generally get a better deal on them and they fit curvy ladies nicely. Ouch on jamming the hand - I hope it's nothing that can't be fixed with some flexing. To answer your question - my jury duty stint goes from the 4th to the 14th. I will have to call in each night prior to see if I have to show up at the courthouse. As for the pushy volunteers, that's the nature of volunteering I am told so I will cut back and see if I can help out in other ways - there's always something that can be done. Or work occasionally with the people I enjoy being around. I had to smile about your comment on being "busty" - haven't heard that term in a LONG time When I was thin I always had little boobs - almost none actually. I remember when I read about the pencil test to determine if you could go braless (which was a big thing in the 70's as women starting to come into themselves). If you put a pencil under a breast and it falls - your boobs were small and perky enough to go braless. Otherwise they recommended a bra or you'd sag. Never went braless and they sagged anyway Then when I gained weight they grew and now they just serve to get in my way and catch food trips that miss my mouth - totally overrated

Michelle - hope you got your dog treats baked and you will have fun at the costume party this weekend. It's wonderful that you found a group that does so much with the pets. Sounds like your social life is much better here than in WI.

Hi to Annie - check in for the weekend

DH is making noises about heading out so I'd better get cleaned up and presentable. Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-25-2014 at 02:22 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #153  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Awww thats good that the chi at your shelter got adopted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slept in this morning, Didnt wake up until 7:00 am. I let Clyde outside when I woke up and I made me some breakfast, I just got done having lunch. Now I'm just posting on here and on one other forum while watching Judge Mathis. As everyone knows my only plans for today are to do my laundry in 30 mins and to do on my after dinner walk outside and do my 2 miles tonight.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #154  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Chickas...

I just am running out of time for my pleasure things in life. Too much going on.

TERRA....happy belated birthday...So sorry to miss your day and celebration, hope it was awesome.

SHADDIE...you are getting hotter and in the garden season, my favorite time of the year. We in turn are having a mess of rain, however today it is 70 and will be 75 on Monday then back down to the 50s and into the cold time. Bleh.

MINIDOODLE..wow you are rockin on the exercising and goals, you inspire me, but not as much as you do. I am just glad I am walking more since starting my job downtown. Good for you!

HAPPY, HAPPY....I hate the dentist, I have 4 crowns that SO FAR have not needed attention. Just trying to thank GOD on that one. I go for my cleaning on November 11, as my insurance takes effect 11/1/ YEAH!! Yes tis the season of the witches, however I gave all my décor (like 4 things to sissy). Is also the season of MELLIE. Oct 31st starts the countdown to the C word. I so miss her this time of year!

CEEJAY...I cannot say enough how proud of you I am for sticking up for yourself. You go Girl. Take care of #1, which is YOU! Hugs

LAURA...my sweet sister...glad to hear your labs came back almost perfect. What a great thing to celebrate. We need to get together soon, in person, again.

SUSIE...so great to hear you are down the gain. WTG girl. I am VERY proud of you. Keep it up and congrats on the 15 down!!!

CHELLE...you are so close to your surgery goal weight, QUIT sabotaging your efforts. If an invite has too many calorie challenges, girl..decline. You are more important than the celebration and food. THAT IS AN ORDER.

So glad the majority of you are keeping up on me via FB. It is easier to post small stuff there.

Today I went with Sissy to lunch, then to pick up the babes pictures taken at Penneys a couple of weeks ago. So dang cute. Then grocery, and now here I am posting.

Babysat the wee one Royce last night as Lil man was at his other grandma's with his cousin for "boys night". The kids went to dinner with no kids then home by 10:30 to go to bed and get some sleep. haha. Royce was sleeping through the nite and has now decided it is play time in the middle of the night. Lil turd. It only lasted 30 minutes here last night as I gave him a bottle and laid him back down with strict orders to go to sleep as it was 2:30 am.

Work is really challenging and keeping me on my toes. I just love it. Also a lot of walking in the downtown area on my 30 minute lunch, down a few pounds but nothing to write home about YET!!

Got the house refinance this week, closing in a couple of weeks. Will drop my house payment by 200.00 bucks a month. I am very excited about that. Will help get us get caught up on things and in good things.

Not much else going on. Just doing the norm, work, home and life. Did get the trees and bushes trimmed and all the final stuff out of the garden that I thought I had out two weeks ago, but all continued to grow after that.

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My three days off has gone by to fast. And I'm not completely rested.
Still haven't heard from the doctor about the xrays. Making me wonder!
More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #156  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Happy Sunday morning - it's cool outside but sunny. Should be warming up in an hour or so and then I'll head out and help DH rake up some pine needles. I did get my garden beds covered yesterday. I'm thinking hay would have been a better option than the pine needles - I sure hope there's no "weed seeds" on what I dropped in the beds. Perhaps I should have layered some newspaper on top the soil before I put the needles down. Was thinking that might just cause the needles to blow off in the wind tho.

Spent the morning looking for some boots for winter. I'd like an ankle boot that looks good with jeans, comes in a WIDE width, is comfortable (low heel) and has a good tread on the bottom so that I can wear it in the winter when we have snow and slippery surfaces. I guess that's wayyyyyy too much to ask in a shoe. I found a pair that had good reviews for what I want and of course there is nothing to be found in any color or size of mine one up or down. I must have 30 pairs of shoes honestly. More than half of them are non winter, slip type soles and these are not fashion shoes - they are comfort brands like New Balance. I did get a pair fleece lined winter boots last year but they are storm troopers and I cannot drive with them as the sole is rather thick and you can't feel the touch of the gas or brake so it's hurky jerky driving with those

We were supposed to go out last night but I didn't feel up to it. We ran out for a few minutes - there is a guy in town who is in the process of adopting his 5 year old niece who he took guardianship when her mom (his sister) died suddenly of cancer. He is a young guy - 27 or so and looked to be healthy and strapping and had intense back pain one morning. Turns out he also has an aggressive cancer along his spine affecting his heart and stomach. The local church was having a fundraiser benefit to raise money to help him with medical costs and such. Now THAT's the sort of charity I am open to helping. Since it was dark out, I asked DH to run me over to the church so I could drop off a cash donation - it's only like 3 miles away but I don't like to drive at night because I am nervous about roaming deer and I admit I can't see well at night. As we were on the road DH looked in his rear view mirror a minute and I yelled out as a deer walked right into our path. He didn't see the deer at first but fortunately there was no one in the oncoming lane and he was able to swerve over and almost clipped the deer not once but twice God and angels were watching over us as I don't know how we managed to miss it. And we were driving the new truck too. Anyway all was well after all. Came back home and finished reading my book The Misremembered Man. It was one of those books that droned on with a lot of Irish dialogue but the last 100 pages it picked up speed quickly and I had to stay up until I finished it.

Dee - thanks for the info on the Vivofit. My BIL has one and he likes it. The BIG concern I had with it reading multiple reviews on Amazon was that people universally complained about the wrist band falling off. Bad design apparently. They loved the unit but several people wound up losing the device or near losing it (someone pointed it out laying on the ground). And at over $100 - that's a big loss. So.. let us know what you think and I'll wait a bit.

Ceejay - after the long work stint, I'm sure that 3 days off is not even close enough time to get your wind back in the sails. Are you back on a regular shift again? Be gentle with yourself.

Speaking of Mel - did I ever post a picture of her? Then again you probably saw at least one on Dropbox. I was cleaning out a box of things the other day and came across a card I saved from her with a personal note. I do hope she is having a good time in the next life, no longer chair bound and making crazy Mel stuff in the afterlife!

Annie - glad you are doing well at work. Congrats on the pounds down - just keep up the walking - slow and steady wins the race and you'll be a flirty Christmas elf soon enough Good that you were able to refinance the loan - as you say, every bit helps and as long as you are going to stay there a while, might as well take advantage of things as long as you can. Did you ever sell your parents home? C had a place too, didn't he or did the (not so) DD freeload again?

DH casually mentioned that he lost 20 pounds in the last 2 months. The Turd. Of course he has been working extremely hard on construction tasks in the basement and yard. The thing that is annoying is that night before last (after he mentioned he lost weight which I noticed in his shrinking belly) he ate 3 popsicles, 2 large handfuls of chocolate covered nuts, a large glass of orange juice and a large class of apple cider and some root beer barrels (hard candies). Seriously - how can you lose that much weight eating that much of that kind of stuff????? He said he cut back on portions which means he skips seconds most of the time but his "first's" are still a good size. Men

Ok, enough of that rant. Guess I'll find a light breakfast and head outside for a while. Have a good day all.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #157  

Happy
Men have an easier time of loosing weight. They don't have the hormones we do. And the hard work helped a bunch. Wow, what an ordeal the guy finding out that he has cancer too. Oh my with the deer! Glad you were not hurt.

Annie
How old is Royce now? And no matter how many pounds you lose it's enough for a pat on the back. :congrats: I finally got rid of the girls, now I'm going to have to start on the neighbor. And I can't fully understand that she was rude enough to ask the second time around with in the hour.
----
Not much going on today. Please let it stay quiet all day.
I'm making plans with bbf next week end to do some things together. I need to have the oil changed in the truck. I take it to the dealership in Jonesboro. Then we will go out to dinner.
I want to eat lunch with the uncles on Saturday then go visit with another aunt and visit one of mom's neighbor's then back to Jonesboro. My cousin's book signing is Sunday afternoon at Barnes and Noble so that should be fun. Never been to one. She wrote a children's book called Pa Ben's Farm. Her name is Kathy Rowe. She has it listed with Amazon. I hope she does well. I'm going to buy one for my niece's 2 year old.
Not sure what my co-worker did on her day's back. No paper work has been done on her part and I'm not really sure but there was two things that were bugging me that has been done. So I don't know to whom to give that credit to. I will find out tomorrow.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-26-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #158  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Can't stop this morning since I am off to get some more bits for the irrigation system for the new garden. Then I need to find places to hang the orchids up. I am not hanging them back in the tree since they burn when the leaves drop off it. So they will be hanging in the veranda and carport - will make for easier watering as well. Then I have to change the bedding, wash the linen and get on with a few other things that have appeared at the top of my list. We are due for a heatwave for the next couple of days and apparently the fire danger is now extreme further out west. No signs of rain at all although we are told there is a 50% chance of a storm tonight.

I've attached a picture of a parrot - Sulphur Crested Cockatoo - who decided that the flowers in the Grevillea tree were too good to pass up even if I was working underneath the tree. He/she pelted me with bits of flower and honey but gave up eventually when I told it I wasn't going away and I had no intention of climbing the tree and shaking him/ her loose. So it stuck around for a while and then flew off with a squawk and much flapping of wings.

I'll be back with personals later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parrot 003 (800x582).jpg (53.7 KB, 6 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #159  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

A Beautiful weekend outdoors up here in Michigan, but this week the nasty cold-damp temps comes back A client picked-up her Halloween costume today & was wearing the VivoFit she got it @ ABCWarehouse, they decided to extend the sale until Nov. 1/Saturday. She said she got it because she'd seen a few high-school teachers wearing it & ppl @ Planet Fitness & Biggest Loser. That makes me feel better about me buying my VivoFit.... I've felt embarrassed about my 10# gain this year & I vented to a few ppl about being self-conscious now because ppl r mean & criticize ppl behind their backs. She was trying to b helpful to me & was clueless that I had bought it this week; I gave her hug & thanked her for her info.

Happy, we used hay once & we got lots of mice nesting in it & so we got a outdoor kitty from our son for that new prob. Reading about the little girl & her mom & uncle w cancer breaks my heart, my dh got a rare cancer 10 yr. ago & a reoccurrence 5 yr. ago that metastasized & a drug from clinical trials saved his life & he's been on it ever since (we r Blessed). I've lost 2 brothers to cancer & my sister had cancer & my doc checks me yrly. If U will post his name, I'd like to add him to a prayer chain, TY. Re: Vivofit bands coming lose; I reinforce my silicone/rubber watch bands where they over-lap (I use 1-2 clear or colored hair-rubber bands to secure them) after a few of my watches (Armitron & Ironman) came off my wrist.. I have never-ever had a watch fall-off my wrist since doing this; problem Fixed (girl-ingenuity, girl-power). So please, tell your BIL to get a clear or black rubber band (hair care aisle @ the store for his Vivofit) (keep it Simple). I'm happy that he (your BIL) likes his, if he has any tips he's tweaked w his, please post them, TY. I went to Amazon after reading your post, I didn't know they had it or for the same price as the store. Oh, I've also had a $30 step/calorie counter & a $20 step counter that weren't accurate & I still had to estimate their counts. The Vivofit has many extra features I know that I'll enjoy, even if the step/calorie counts r not perfect. I'll post my experience after using it for a month or 2, TY for your info. Deer in the 15 yr. we've lived in the country dh had 3 wrecks & me 1 My dh does bow-rifle hunt on our 40 acres & we donate venison to our local food bank after he gets 2 for our family. The stupid turkeys do just as much damage as the deer to our vehicles. Whoa, your dh lost 20# in 2 months... I want a man's metabolism too maybe your dh could b our personal chef @ 3FC.

Ceej, I have a GMC Sierra 1/2 ton pkup that everyone always thinks is my dh truck, chicks like trucks too I'm going to Amazon to prob buy your cousin's book, is it available for Kindle I hope. Don't worry about your x-rays, medical ppl r busy & slow w transcription, it's going to b okay. In my 20's I worked @ a doc's office & also did transcription & on April 1st I included a 'unedited version of doc speaking, when he belched & farted' during a actual dictation of a patient. I could've chosen 1 of him in the jon making hilarious/nasty toilet sounds, but I needed to Keep my job.... Duh, if your neighbor is 'healthy enough to tell U she needs a ride to the bank twice' she should b able to catch a bus ride there.

Annie, I really Love the adorable pic of U & your family on here. Down a couple of pounds You'll b @ your goal weight in a flash. Saving $200 monthly is major, w heating season in Michigan sucking-up our vaca $ & our medical $, U r a wonderful accountant Your new job sounds fulfilling for U, I hope they quickly witness your fabulous work w raises & promotions

Shad, do U need another bff because I'd Luv to b your neighbor in Australia, your life sounds like soo much fun Please keep posting those pics. What is 157cm, I don't do metrics is that like 5'1"....

I'm Loving this thread because we share fun, helpful info & sincere probs together TY to 3FC for a Wonderful website

Anybody watch abc & Revenge tonight? What do U think about the twist w Emily's sister, dad & Victoria?

Girls, please post a fav healthy recipe for sweets for us to try. I'll get it started w a fav of mine, a meringue cookie w a soft/gooey center, from zonya.com a nutritionist.
Cocoa Lava Kisses: Makes 40 cookies~ Hands-on/30 min. Oven/30 min. Heavenly clouds of sweet chocolate work to take care of chocolate cravings. Fat-free! Intensely sweet, so makes it easy to stop at 3 w only 60 calories total! Preheat oven to 250°. Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper. 3 egg whites 1/8 t. salt 1 c. sugar 2 t. water 1 t. vanilla extract 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder… Place egg whites/salt in medium bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar to egg whites while constantly whipping. Combine in a cup water/vanilla. Add to mix, a few drops at a time, alternating with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar while constantly whipping. Flake cocoa with a fork to break clumps. Sift if necessary. Fold completely into mix. Place bite-size rounded teaspoons (not tablespoons) of batter onto the wax paper-lined sheets…. Bake approximately 30 minutes. They will be dry on the outside, but moist and lava-like on the inside. They will retain their shape. (If they become completely dry like Styrofoam, they are over-baked.) While kisses are still hot, remove from wax paper and place on a wire rack so they will not stick. After cooling, store kisses in an airtight container… These freeze well, making them convenient for future chocolate cravings! Nutrition for 1 cookie= 20 Calories. Fat/Saturated Fat 0. Fiber 0. Cholesterol 0. Sodium 12 mg. Protein 0. Total Carbohydrate 5 g. Sugars 5 g…. http://www.zonya.com/pdf/recipes/Cocoa_Lava_Kisses.pdf

Sweet Dreams & to Everyone on this thread Have a Fantastic week, U r each Gorgeous & a Treasure to the world Never, everrr forget that.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 10-27-2014 at 06:20 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #160  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Dee ~ I'll answer your question, Yes they are two guys that post in this thread, Dean and CeeJay

Annie ~ Thanks for the belated birthday wish, I did have a nice birthday and celebration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 6:00 a.m. but I stayed in bed until 6:30 a.m. I got up this morning and I let Clyde outside and I got Clyde's food ready for him to eat this afternoon. My plans for today are to catch up on my t.v shows and go for my after dinner walk and my 2 miles later on tonight and I need to finish my laundry this morning and thats all of the plans I have for today. I might be meeting a friend from grade school that I havent seen in person in 19 years, He might come over for a visit later today and Scott is okay with it cause even though we arent 100% sure but we think he's gay which is okay I have been friends with gay guys in the past.

Last edited by Terra1984; 10-27-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #161  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Just a quick hello from me this morning. I have a doctor's appointment shortly and then I am going to meet my co-volunteer to talk about a book she recommended and then I'm going to help her get set up with Pinterest and Facebook accounts.

I have been eating soft foods since I got my temporary crown put in on Friday. Yesterday I was eating my meal from the salad bar - again, all soft foods as they were out of crunchy raw vegetables and good thing I noticed that the only crunchy thing in my mouth should not have been there The darn temporary broke in half! So it will be a call to the dentist this afternoon. The material they use for temporaries is totally useless. This is not the first time this has happened. I told DH I cannot go the next 3 weeks eating soup and mac and cheese. He said why not? Men.

Will catch up with you later chicks.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #162  

Morning all. Back to Monday already.

Happy – How heartbreaking about the little girl’s mom and uncle being stricken with cancer. Scary re the incident with the deer – glad you avoided a collision. Would one of those whistles that can go on the car bumper work to warn them of an oncoming car?? Seems like temporary crowns falling out happens to everyone who gets them. They need to use better glue or something…but then again, how would they remove them, LOL. Good luck with your search for the perfect winter boot. I really should get busy myself shopping for a taller snow boot. Congrats to dh on his weight loss! Yeh, men have it easier. Re my train commutes – I probably sit in the same car 90% of the time, but I’m not obsessive about getting the same seat or anything. Re the long coats – most of them have two-way zippers, so you could adjust the zipper when you have to take that big step up to get in the car.

Terra – It should be fun to catch up with your friend from grade school. FYI – Ceejay is a woman. We don’t have anyone named Dean on this thread.

Dee – I’d been mulling getting something like a vivofit, fitbit, etc. but decided to just continue using my pedometer. I don’t want to add more tracking duties to my day and my understanding is that you don’t get to see your activity results unless/until you download the data to a computer. Let us know how you like it! I think the best benefit of these things is that just by wearing them, they keep you aware of your activity level. That cocoa lava kisses recipe sounds delish. I used to love the Trader Joe’s mini chocolate meringues, but they don’t sell them anymore. Anyway, the lava kisses sound different from the meringues as they are soft in the center - yum. I don’t have any recipes for any “light/healthy” sweets. I don’t bake/make sweets often (though I eat sweets entirely too often!), so when I do I just make something, it’s full fat/sugar. Re riding my bike – I’m done with that now. I only ride it a short distance between home/train station and now it’s getting to dark after work to do that. This morning I walked. Re Land’s End – I live reasonably close to two of their outlet stores, so I make my returns there if need be. I try to avoid Sears these days. I have such good memories of shopping at Sears with my mom/family as a kid (remember the catalog??). It’s very different now, and sad to see it struggling.

Shad – Sorry your area is suffering from a drought and there’s a risk of wildfires. Like that pic of the parrot. LOL re it pelting you with flower/honey. It’s his tree, didn’t you know that???
Ceejay – Congrats to your cousin on the publishing of her book. The book signing should be a fun event. Will she be reading from the book as well? I hope work’s been quiet for you. I’m sure those three days off after that extra-long work week wasn’t enough! You sound like you have a busy weekend coming up!

Annie – Congrats on getting the mortgage refinanced - $200 a month less is a LOT! So glad your medical insurance is kicking in soon!!! I dvr’d the new “Good Witch” movie on Hallmark Channel – those remind me so much of Mellie – she loved those movies. (On top of all the “C” movies that’ll soon be starting on Hallmark.) Nice that your new job/routine is getting you more steps in you day and that you’ve lost some weight that way – awesome!! I would love to meet up with you again sometime. Let’s shoot for that in 2015!!

Hi Michelle, hi Susie!!
--
Very uneventful weekend. We watched the dvd “Philomena” on Friday night. Really good movie. I love Judi Dench. Saturday I went to Jazzercise class in the morning. Did some laundry. I had a bunch of roma tomatoes from the garden ripening on the windowsill and finally cored, peeled, and seeded them. BF is supposed to use them for a Bolognese sauce today. If not I guess they’ll go in the freezer.

Saturday afternoon Bf and I took a drive through a nearby forest preserve and stopped at one area where they have some elk. We thought we might rent a boat for an hour, but it was quite breezy and we didn’t want to be paddling against the wind on our way back to the launch spot. What a beautiful day it was. It was nice to enjoy the fall color. I walked doggy by the creek when we got home. More lovely fall color.

Sunday was mostly lazy. I finished the new Martha Grimes book. I love her Richard Jury (detective) novels. Yesterday bf and I finished getting the garage straightened out. We finally got the shelves tidied up and small like items organized into bins and labeled. I should take a photo while it’s still orderly, LOL. Not that it’s pristine by any means, LOL. Nope, there’s a lot of dirt and we need to get the shop vac back up from the basement and give the floor a good vacuuming. Another lovely fall day. I took doggy for a walk by the park and that was really about it - other than sitting around watching the telly.

We never did get out to return our slippers. Maybe sometime this week…
Having decided to stop with the bike for the season, I walked to the train this morning. I was awful with the pedometer last week, but wore it today. I’m at 3,619 so far. It’s a lovely day again today, so I’ll be getting out at lunchtime for a walk to enjoy some of it.

I was thinking of taking vacation on Friday (Halloween), but now the forecast is for very chilly weather that day (40’s) and I’m not thrilled with that. On the other hand, I do need to get back to the eye doc re my contacts, and maybe schedule that massage I keep procrastinating about…
Okay, enough rambling. Have a great week everyone. TTFN.

P.S. Added a couple photos from Saturday. 1. Beautiful tree by the creek. I love the shape. 2. an Elk at the forest preserve.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #163  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday morning ladies,

Once again, my weekend was busy with lots of fun activities. Since I was off Friday, I worked out with my trainer in the morning. Then took Santa to the vet for a blood test to see if he's over the pancreatitis...he is. He got a clean bill of health! Saturday, we went to a doggie meetup where Santa did the lure course, which essentially this stuffed animal on a string that is in the shape of a loop, and a motor makes the string go really fast either backward or forward. Santa had never done a lure course before, but he was a natural...and he had SO much fun. During his first run, I was so thrilled that he was enjoying it so much I forgot to video it. So he did a second run, which I videoed. Of course, now I can't find the video. Update: I just found the URL for the video of Santa doing the lure course. It's a bit shaky in the beginning. https://www.dropbox.com/s/85edhs8j7s...22924.mp4?dl=0 Attached are a couple "action-shots" of Santa doing the lure course taken by a professional photographer.

That same day there was a doggie Halloween costume party at the dog park. Santa dressed up as a Sheriff...totally matches his personality. Here is the link pictures of the Halloween Costume Party at the dog park. https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tqri5sj9a...Jzsw8wRjJxW1na (Santa is wearing a brown (suede looking vest and hat, and there's a stuffed toy gun at his side. )

Sunday, I worked out and then met up with some Packer fans for a tailgate party/cookout before the very depressing game aired on TV. The beginning was good. But then the other team got the lead and never looked back. I'm pretty sure the fact that our QB Aaron Rodgers hurt his hamstring and therefore wasn't very mobile for the rest of the game.

I'll come back for personals later.

Love and hugs,
Michelle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lurecourse.jpg (39.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg TartanGames2014_LureCourse_35.jpg (34.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by diyana; 10-27-2014 at 06:12 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #164  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Shad - Lots of tragic losses these past few days in Canada, Queens NY, Sacramento CA, and the school shooting just north of Seattle. I often wonder how these people got so "messed up" in the head. I'll try and watch the rugby match too. I admire them for playing such a physical sport with much padding/protection. Regarding the lack of time for advertising...there is one sport (car races) that has figured out how to sell commercial time without cutting into the game action. They do a simultaneous picture where the race is in one part of the TV, and the commercials take up the rest of the TV display. This way, advertisers can get in your face without viewers missing any of the action. Maybe they can do something like that for rugby. Thanks for the pretty cockatoo photo.

Susie - So nice that you get overtime pay for the extra hours you put in. Congrats on the very impressive weight loss AND the new pair of jeans. And you've lost 15 lbs just since starting the contest...Wow! That's wonderful! Kohl's Senior executives always stressed the importance of a work-life balance, but when it came down to it...it was all just talk. Thanks for the kind words about me being dedicated to exercising. I really enjoy exercising. And I'm working on being very dedicated and committed to healthy eating. How did your orthopedist appointment go?

Laura - Well done on managing your cholesterol! I wish my HDL were higher. Maybe it will be next time since I'm exercising so much more. Good that you don't have to get the pneumonia shot. I'm going to get mine in the next week or so. I get it because I have asthma and any time I get ill, it goes straight to my lungs. Even with getting the vaccine, I can still get bronchitis. In the short stint when I worked in San Francisco, I noticed all kinds of annoying behavior. But the one that I still see the most often anytime I'm in public, is people NOT covering their mouths when they cough. Glad you enjoyed bf's niece's school musical.

MiniDoodles - That's so cool that you're a breeder. The surgery I'm having is weight loss surgery - specifically Gastric Bypass. My weight is hurting my back, and causing the degenerative discs to get worse. Also, the surgery has a 95% success rate at reversing my diabetes. It does mean dramatic and permanent lifestyle changes, but I know I can do this. Santa is a miniature schnauzer (and in my earlier post today, I posted a couple photos). I didn't have time to make dog treats so I still don't have a recipe. Instead I bought 4 boxes of Trader Joe's dog biscuits and put a few into baggies to give to the dogs at the dog park (I mean their owners) for Trick or Treat. Thanks for the cocoa lava kisses recipe.

Terra - Glad you had a good time at the school's party!!

Ceejay - What's the title of the book? Or what's your cousin's wife's name? I'd like to see if it's something I'd like to purchase. Good for you for saying no to your neighbor.

Happy - The way your mom deals with gifts sounds like my Grandma. She would frequently re-gift things she said for months that she had to have! My mom on the other hand was very much a hoarder. Too funny about your mom not being able to tell if she's read a book. What she does now for the books she checks out of the library is make a small very light pencil mark on the title page. So when she goes backs to the library and looks at the selection...she can easily tell if she's read it. True, she is defacing library property, but it's barely noticeable. I also am very reluctant to order from non-Amazon vendors. It takes A LOT longer to ship and it often fails to live up to the description. How was the benefit concert? So sad to hear about the 5 year old's mother and uncle. How tragic. Are there any other relatives that can take care of her? Glad you were able to avoid the deer. Thanks for the kind comments. My social life is MUCH better here than in WI, and I'm a lot happier. I don't recall ever seeing a photo of Mel. Could you please post it here or in the dropbox? Good luck at the doctor appointment.

Annie - Thank you for what you said about declining invitations. That's what my trainer said also. So cute about Royce deciding playtime is middle of the night. Well, I guess it wasn't funny for you. At least he went back to sleep. I'm so glad you love your work, girlfriend! Congrats on the weight loss! Great job on the refi of your mortgage!

Time to post this!

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #165  

Terra
I need to correct you, and don't feel bad. I'm a girl not a boy. My initials are C. J. for Carol Jeanette. My siblings call me by my initials but some one else already had that so I chose ceejay.

Michelle
My cousins children's book is on Amazon and it's called Pa Ben's Farm by Kathy Rowe.

Laura
The fall color hasn't gotten here yet so I'm enjoying your pictures. To bad that it was to windy for the boat. It's supposed to turn cooler here this week end. I'm not ready for the 38 degree weather but guess I'll have to get used to it.

Happy
Ouch on the broken crown. How are you feeling with the shingles?

-------

Not much going on in my neck of the woods.