Old 09-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #121  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Yesterday at the gym, I did 10 minutes on the rowing machine, followed by 55 minutes with the trainer. Once that was over, I did 20 minutes on the bike and then met up with my friend and we walked for about 1/2 hour before taking 5 or 6 trips up and down one of the hills in the park. So lots of calorie burning yesterday.

Today I plan to do 45 minutes on the bike at the gym before going to a weight loss surgery support group.

Not much else new for me.

===================

Laura - Well done on getting in 10K steps and your squats!! I've been lax about jumping on board on the challenges, but hopefully I'll get up the nerve to tackle one or two of them soon.

I'll try and get back in later after the other chicks have posted.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #122  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Looks like we are in for some incredibly beautiful weather up to October 1. Too bad I have to spend most of my time in the basement although I still need to finish up in the garden. They are coming Oct 8 to work on the basement so that's pretty much a priority for me, which is probably why the weather is SO DARN NICE outside I'm hoping to get a couple of hours work done before yoga this afternoon. They won't have to dig up the entire basement - they will dig up and run another drain line to relieve the water pressure in the middle of the basement and will dig and install a second sump pump in the middle of the basement (the corner of our utility room). As luck would have it, most of the work needs to be done in the part of the basement that has the most stuff! Right now I have stuff in the cabinets in the hobby room - it's also a storage for those extra appliances I use but not frequently - like my big stock pots, slow cooker and the cappuccino machine I'm not sure I will ever use again The other part they will be working in is my utility room which is my pantry area considering I have small, mostly useless cabinets in my kitchen and it's the main area for my extra storage of things like Christmas stuff, luggage and the like. Lots of stuff to move - twice. But then it will be all done and organized and hopefully neither DH nor I will have to lay awake at night in the wet weather worrying about sump pumps dying and flooded basements

As for the cash register at the store... we have a volunteer who brings in her small fluff dog. It's a cute dog but does roam around the front desk. Two weeks ago the volunteer coordinator came in for his shift and she had left an oops note apologizing about some cryptic "accident" the dog had. She said she tried to clean up as best she could. As he turned on the cash register he noticed it was acting quite weird. After that several people had problems with it. Can't be proven but he thinks the dog might have peed on it or she got it wet with cleaner and something shorted out. The dog did have a peeing accident but no one fully admitted or denied guilt. We'll see how long this "new" rather used donated one lasts... Sales are finally starting to seasonally drop off (although we are continuing to get a slew of nice Halloween and Christmas decoration donations) - but in any event, I know by this time they will be hesitant to spend any more money on big purchases.

Laura - all this talk about steps makes me want to jump on the bandwagon with you guys. I'm just not sure if not working and walking as much as you guys naturally do would be depressing to me. You bring up a good point about freezing the rotisserie chicken meat. I always seem to have a bag I toss out - I generally like to make either tacos or chicken salad and don't always use up the meat - freezing it would be a good thing. Or chicken tortilla soup - with that stock and some vegetables, it's quick to put together. Soup is starting to sound mighty good this time of year. So you were wearing just tinted moisturizer in place of foundation? I would think that would be very sheer and not enough to even out skin tone. I am confused with the BB, CC, XYZ - multitude of products out there.

Ceejay - are you just going to play it by ear with your retirement and wait as long as possible? One thing I can tell you for sure - think about something you would like to do to occupy yourself once you retire - could be gardening, a hobby or just reading a whole stack of books. After working all this time, people get into trouble with too much free time on their hands believe it or not. You have to fall into something to take up that time so it's good to factor that into the final plans be it access to a good library, close enough to family so that you aren't hours away or just a small town like this that has senior activities and lots of volunteering opportunities so that one can keep the brain and body active. Just saying... I said I should write a book about what to expect when you retire - it's not what people think it is

Terra - :congrats: on such a good job on your weight loss so far. That's wonderful, keep up the good work. I'm like you - I could never eat the same things over and over - that's why the Jared "Subway diet" would never work for me.

Michelle - I do but in a tiny way I don't envy you having a personal trainer that pushes you. I really think that is very motivating and a huge key to successful weight loss and body contouring. I can see your commitment to getting healthier and I admire you for it. I think this time you will be successful in achieving your goals. Keep your eye on the prize!

Hi Shad, Susie and Annie

I'd better get off the computer before I blow all my time here and skip the basement - not sure how motivated I'll be to get down there once I get home and start supper.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #123  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Thanks for commenting on my weight loss and Yes I'm enjoying my last day of vacation.

Happy ~ I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that cant stand eating the same foods every day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom tired to wake me up at 4 ish in the morning but I didnt hear her so I didnt wake up until 6:30 a.m. but anyway so far today I've had breakfast and I'm currently eating lunch, I'm about to workout to my dvd when I get done watching all of my shows on the DVR, I dont have alot of them left and then I'll eat dinner around 3 or 4 maybe even 5 pm and then at 6 or 6:30 I'll work out to my dvd again before I go to bed for the night, I did get my laundry done so now I'm just waiting for my boyfriend to bring them upstairs so I can fold them and put them away.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy and Laura
Yes I've decided that I'm going to play the retirement by ear with the doctor's help. He say's I'm to healthy to retire and knows that I like to keep busy. I still want to retire at 65 but I doubt that I will. I get more money from SS if I wait till I'm 66. And I will have to agree about having to find something to occupy myself.

Laura
Yes, I definitely need a break from my uncle and his family. In fact I'm not planning on going back until Thanksgiving day for the uncles family Thanksgiving day get together. My sis from Missouri mentioned they might come down that week end. I'd feel better about going there if they came along.

------
My accumulative steps are at 5741 but I still have one more trip downstairs. Tomorrow, I have an eye exam and the doctor called me last night stating that all was good for the health insurance physical. Also tomorrow I will be going back to the gym.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #125  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Quick post for me today. I have a class on Wills and Trusts today and then going to get my hair done. I wish I could come up with a different hairstyle but with my thin, baby fine hair and poker straight no body from the grays, it's difficult to find something that works other than the standard mid length bob.

We were supposed to have sunny, beautiful weather for the next 10 days. That turned into clouds and light rain yesterday and today is looking awfully murky too.

Hope you are all having a good day today.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #126  

Morning all. I have a "mid-year" performance goals discussion with the boss shortly. Be back later.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #127  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

I'm still quite sore after helping my sister and brother in law move/unpack boxes this past weekend, and working out hard with a trainer on Tuesday. And it's the kind of muscle soreness that will likely hurt/tighten up worse if I relax, so I'm still working out, though last night I reduced the time and intensity of riding the stationary bike. Tonight, I'll be back at the gym tonight for a full 45 minutes of bike riding, followed by 10 minutes of rowing machine and hopefully some strength training. At least my back doesn't hurt as much as my legs. The squats my trainer has me do are wide legged, almost Sumo squats, and I did them going back and forth across the training area (about 10 in each direction, 3 times). Those squats work the quads, hamstrings and inner thighs.

We are having a lovely rainy day here today. The rain is supposed to stop before noon, and it might rain tonight or tomorrow morning. We really need a lot of rain here...a good steady, soaking rain, but not a flooding rain.

=====================

Terra - Congrats on the weight loss!

Happy - A Wills and Trusts class sounds like it will be really informative. One thing the hospital recommends patients do prior to having weight loss surgery or any major surgery is to have an Advanced Directive in place in case, and they also recommend having a Will in place. Of course, the risk of serious complications is VERY rare, it's better to be prepared I guess, so I've been working on both. I don't envy you all the moving (and then moving back) your stuff in the basement. When we were renting in Wisconsin, the basement didn't have adequate drainage, but it wasn't our property, so we just put our stuff in plastic storage totes and then put everything up on palates. Thankfully, the house we bought had excellent basement drainage.

Laura - Good luck with your mid-year goals discussion.

Ceejay - Planning for retirement is so important, and weighing the various factors like finances, health, etc. is important too. Good for you for really considering your options.

to Shad, Susie and Annie!

Much love to all,
Old 09-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #128  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
It's going to be another busy day here today. I'd better keep this short for the time being.

Yesterday I shifted more soil and spread it across the grass - can't call that a lawn. Then I planted up some more azalea bushes, 2 daphnes and a couple of dahlia tubers. DS2 appeared about lunchtime with my big hedge trimmer which he had fixed, then he cut the top of the hedge for me. I cleaned up the mess and then cooked lunch for him and rolled some prawns and lettuce and sprouts in rice paper for me. We then discussed the garden at length and his place which he is extending and where he is up to there. I turned the water on in the garden and 2 big magpies came and had a ton of fun bathing in the water. Much as I don't really like magpies much, these looked so cute basking in the sun.

Following that I took to the kitchen and cleaned out some cupboards and then cleaned the dining room. Lots of dust around at the moment.

Today I am back looking after the wee girls again. At least until tea time, when J tells me DB2 will be around to take over. Their Mum is working late to get the shop ready for Saturday opening day and who knows when their Dad will be home. I told little Miss S that today we will ice some biscuits so I had to run down the road to the shop yesterday to find some cutter shapes and some icing stuff. I ended up with some colouring and some edible glitter and some 100's & 1000's along with a tin of Betty Crocker frosting mix - never used it before but I figure it might be easier than trying to make icing. Now I just have to get icing bags and bottles together ready to go. We should have fun and make a mess.

The house smells of roses. Even the DS2 is impressed with my display of roses and is talking about one he smelt at the park down the road. I hope he is not thinking about lifting it and bringing it back here.

My new bed arrives next week It's a space saver bed - the headboard has some storage compartments in it and the mattress and slats can be lifted up to put blankets, doonas, and sheets in the space underneath. I should have some fun putting it together. The shop bloke assures me it is easy! Yep well we will see. I have a friend who used to have a business putting flat pack stuff together if I get stuck and DS2 is always ready to butt in and tell me what to do - so why should I worry.

Anyway - got to move along. I'll try to get back later - if I make it through the girls icing cakes.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #129  

Evening all. My review went fine. It was just an informal discussion of goals that is supposed to take place at mid-year.

Didn't cook soup or debone the leftover chicken last night as we ate out.

Scale was unkind this morning. In hopes it was just the water I guzzled without thought before stepping on the scale, I will see how it goes tomorrow.

Not in the mood for anything tonight, kinda tired. But I will get going on the wellness evaluation needed for this year’s benefits enrollment. Bf was p!ssed off that he went thru it on the ipad only to get an error upon trying to submit it at the end. Turns out the site doesn’t work with Apple...grrr. I will get on the pc to do mine.

Just about at my station. Time to post. TTFN.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #130  
Turning Into A New Woman

Michelle ~ Thanks for commenting on my weight loss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 5:30 am and I got my morning duties done and I ate breakfast and then at 7:30 am I watched for my bus and then I got to school at 8:00 am, I was in the computer room from 8 am until 11 am and then at 11 am I had cooking class and then at 1 pm I had peer support and then at 3 pm I came home. I wasnt able to walk outside this morning but I'll be sure to do my 2 miles tonight before bed and I'll walk outside tomorrow morning and do my 2 miles tomorrow night also.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #131  

Terra
You had a busy day. I know that you will get your walks in.

Happy
I haven't even thought about a Will. Guess I should have one But I only have personal property.

Michelle
I realize that planning for retirement is a must but when people start pulling you in all directions causes one to just throw up your hands and say I don't care any more. That's mainly where I'm at right now. I'm really impressed with all the exercise that you are doing. It's keeping me motivated.

Laura
I'm glad that we don't have to have those kind of evaluations. Just the ones the boss gives me at the end of the year is enough for me. I give you permission to chill out tonight.

Shad
Have fun with the girls.

Hello's to Susie and Annie

--------
Woke up at 8.00 a.m. and got started on the laundry. While doing that I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. I still have to mop the floors though.
This afternoon I had an eye doctor's appointment. Kind of shocked at my blood pressure which was 109/60. Must be doing something right. But I did have to have my lenses changed. My left eye has gotten weaker. After that I went to the community center's gym and worked out for 45 minutes. Rode the bike for thirty minutes. I started out on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Then completed 20 reps on the inner thigh machine, lower back and glutes machine, chest flies, and abs machines. After this I went to Walmart to get a few groceries.
My new health goal is to eat between 1200 to 1400 calories and as of today every thing has to be cooked. I'm having another episode of diverticulosis. I've been eating apples every day. Evidently they are to rough on the diverticulum in my colon.
I'm really tired of my neighbors using my yard as a driveway.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #132  
Turning Into A New Woman

Cool

CJ ~ Thanks for commenting on my weight loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 4:00 am and now its almost 6:30 am and I am currently eating breakfast, I let Clyde outside when he woke up at 5:00 am and I gave him fresh water and food. Now I'm just posting on here and one other forum while watching episodes of Cold Case. Today I just plan to go on my morning walk and do my 2 miles tonight. I also need to fold and put away my clothes, I wont take weeks to do it this time around LOL.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #133  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday!

Super quick post for me as I have lots to get done at work. I went to the gym last night and did 45 minutes on the bike, then I took Santa to the dog park. This weekend, I'll be washing the car, cleaning the house, doing website work, going to the gym....and that's just Saturday. On Sunday, I'll be watching the Packer game with some friends and then going to yoga class.

============================

Shad - So fun that you got to watch the girls. Icing biscuits sounds fun and messy. Did you all enjoy it? You've been getting so much done in your yard and your home, makes me tired just reading about it. LOL

Laura - Bummer that the wellness eval doesn't work on Apple. Any fun plans for the weekend? Has the "fall color" started where you live?

Terra - You really did have a busy day. Keep up with the walking and healthy eating.

Ceejay - You are so right about people pulling you in different directions, and just wanting to throw your hands up in the air. Whatever you decide, it's your decision. Others have the right to their opinions, but you've got to decide what is right for you, and that's not a decision you have to make right away. Good for you for working out at the community center. Well done! So sorry to hear about your diverticulosis, and about the rude neighbors parking in your yard. I hope both get better soon.

to Annie, Susie and Happy!

Love to all,
Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #134  

I slept till 7.30 got up and took the trash out to the curb, then went back to bed to relax. I hadn't done that for years. The couple that comes to mow the lawn came yesterday and this time I needed them to trim the bushes. She came back this morning and did that. They need to be cut down lower than what her trimmer handle the job.
I stopped by the doctor's office to pick up a copy of my lab work. My cholesterol is the best that it's been in years. My hdl, good cholesterol has finally come up and my ldl bad cholesterol is below 100. Every thing else is with in range also. Even my triglycerides were good.
I wanted to go back to the community center today but I really don't feel like it. Maybe tomorrow.

Michelle
Thanks for saying that it's my decision. I've always known that but getting others to see it---well that causes problems. And you are right. I'm not going to decide today others will have to accept that.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-26-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #135  

Afternoon all!* TGIF!

Michelle – Sounds like you have enough exercise challenges going on right now (e.g., the trainer!) without adding another!* You’re getting a lot of exercise – bravo! * My squat challenge includes sumo squats, which I’d never heard of before but interpreted to be like plié squats.* Looks like a busy weekend ahead for you.* I have book club this weekend and that’s it.* We’re getting fall color, but it’s really just starting.*

Happy – I hope the weather is still nice and you can take some time out from the basement project to enjoy it.* So I take it the sump pumps will have some sort of backup battery system that will need to be maintained?* I know the purpose of the shop is to benefit the humane society… but it doesn’t seem like a good idea to have a dog in the shop, especially when you don’t know how customers react to dogs and vice-versa.* And if the dog isn’t fully potty-trained – another reason not to.* **Re freezing the shredded chicken – the way bf & I are about cooking (inconsistent), I prefer to just put food in the freezer than risk having it spoil before we get around to using something.* I hate wasting food!* Yes, I was wearing the tinted moisturizer as foundation.* Like I said, the Aveeno seemed to cover adequately, but this CG one is much more sheer.* I’ll have to try another brand next time.* How did your haircut turn out?* I forgot when your Will & Trusts class was supposed to be – did you go?* How was it?* I’ve been procrastinating about that!

Ceejay – I sure get wanting to retire sooner rather than later, but the finances have to be taken into consideration, as well as physical health.* Only you know enough about those things to make a decision.* Same for where you choose to live upon retirement.* Stand firm and don’t let your family butt in!* They’ve obviously ticked you off concerning this topic, so the time away will be a good thing!!* Good job on the exercise!!* I need to cut my calories as well – the scale has not been cooperating for me, and I shouldn’t really blame the messenger, haha.* I hope you feel better once you cook your own food and adjust your diet to suit the diverticulosis.* Good news about the cholesterol levels!!* Whoo!!

Shad – Again, getting worn out just reading your post - *shifting soil, planting things…you’re just a ball of energy, aren’t you?? * How did the biscuit icing go with the girls?* Sounds fun.* Are 100’s and 1000’s those little sprinkles or have I completely mis-guessed?* The bed sounds great – I like the idea of using otherwise wasted space for storage.* I have a couple underbed storage bins, otherwise, I just have a lot of dust bunnies under the bed.** Good luck putting it together.* Hope it’s as easy as the guy at the shop stated!

Terra – Busy day for you yesterday.* What did you cook in your cooking class??

Hellos to Susie & Annie!!

==

Been a busy couple days at work.* And of course I haven’t been able to get to my quarter end work yet.* I will crank on that early next week.*

I just chilled out last night (thanks for the permission on that Ceejay!).* I did only one set of my squats, and finished the other two this morning to finish up yesterday (6 hours late, lol).**Tonight*I’ll need to finish my final day of the challenge!*

I did my 15 pushups this morning also.*

Tomorrow*morning I’ll go to Jazzercise.* I have book club in the evening so I need to get a snack for that.* We’re discussing the book “Gone Girl”.*

Nothing else planned for the weekend, but I’ve been meaning to get out in back and get the big pile of brush separated into bundles and secured with twine so it can be put to the curb and picked up by the village.* I don’t want any critters thinking that pile’s a good place for them to nest!*

I’d also like to go out for a bike ride!* Famous last words…posting now.* Have a good weekend everyone.