Old 09-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #46  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ For right now mom is putting ormintant on it and she keeps a big band aid on it but thats it for now, It maybe just have to heal on its own, We arent sure.

Laura ~ Yeah its been hurting for a week now, I didnt know it had cracked until a few days ago though when mom looked at it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and had breakfast, Mom made everyone biscuits and sausage gravy with a side of scramble eggs but I didnt eat my eggs I was full by the time I ate the biscuit and gravy. We went to dillions after breakfast and I bought a book a stamp and a bus pass and mom bought me more soda cause she's so nice like that (cherry coke zero and cherry diet rite) Although I'm gonna cut myself down to one cherry coke zero in the morning and one diet rite in the even instead of 2 cherry coke zero's in the morning and 2 diet rites in the evening. Anyway so we came back home and dropped the soda off and then we went to Scott's doctor's appt. and then we went to Dollar General and Walmart to find a fitted sheet for my bed, We found one at Walmart and while we were at walmart Mom also bought brake fuid and oil for her car so its ready for when her and I go pick up my aunt next Tuesday. Now its almost 1 pm and we are home until 3 pm, At least Scott and I are, Mom has to go to a doctor's appointment at 1 pm and then at 3 Mom,Scott and I and maybe my younger brother, his girlfriend and their baby are gonna go to Denny's for dinner and then we'll come home for the rest of the day. My heel feels better today so I'm gonna try to do a at least 1 mile walk tonight and then after the week is over hopefully I'll be able to do 2 miles again.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #47  
Turning Into A New Woman

~~~Hey Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~

I woke up at 3:30 A.M. and its 7:04 am right now, I need to start watching for my bus at 7:30 am cause the bus is coming between 7:40 am and 8:10 am. I'm gonna be at school from probably 8 am to 4 or 4:30 am maybe even 5 pm so I hope its not too hot outside cause my school closes at 4:30 pm so if I'm not picked up before 4:30 pm I'll have to wait for the bus outside but hopefully I'll get picked up at 4:30 pm or earlier then that. I got out of the shower so now I'm ready for school. I'm gonna be pretty busy until my meeting at 1 pm today. I have to make sure the agenda for the meeting today is done and there are copies of it that are printed out for the members. Although there isnt a good turn out for the 1st meeting of the month, I'm not sure why but for the 2nd meeting we have a better turn out. I dont know if the monthly birthday cake has anything to do with it LOL. I didnt get my 1 mile walk in yesterday but I will tonight, I was too tired yesterday cause I only got 6 hours of sleep. Last night I got a good amount of sleep so I wont feel like I need to go to bed early tonight like I did last night. I'm hoping to get more people to join my fitness group so I can get that up and going, Even though I have my music to listen to when I work out here at home, It's gonna be nice to work out with friends at school.

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-10-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #48  

Morning all.*

*Terra – I’ve been trying to cut down on soda too.* I only drink diet soda, but I think it probably has more chemicals in it than non-diet soda, and that can’t be good.* I’ve been pretty good about that at lunch time since I bring my lunch from home several times a week.* Even if I go out, most of the time I’ll just ask for a cup for water.* At home, I’ll have a can of soda several times a week.* I’m glad your heel feels better now – back to walking or WATP, right???!!!* I hope your meeting goes welltoday.* LOL re better attendance at the meetings with cake!*

Shad, Is your back feeling any better?

Happy, I hope you’ve got the flooding under control and your basement isn’t completely under water.*

Michelle, I hope you had a great birthday and are having a wonderful vacation!

Annie – How’s the new job going?* Still too soon to tell??

Hellos to Susie & Ceejay.
--
Very rainy here*today.* I walked to the train station so my steps are now at 4,244 for the day.* Too bad I probably won’t get out for a walk at lunch (still raining) – I could’ve had a good day for steps.*

I enjoyed the movie “Guardians of the Galaxy” last night.* It was a good mix of funny, goofy, and superhero/sci fi action.*

I did my squat challenge yesterday – part before the movie and part afterwards.**Tonight*will be more of the same, and I would also like to get a BE workout done.* I have a new Margaret Richard dvd now, so I could give that a whirl instead.* We’ll see.

The boss is out of town for the rest of the week, so it’ll be quiet here.* Plenty to keep me busy though…

That’s it for me.* Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #49  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Just wrote a long spiel about my back, which is improving, and the whole thing just disappeared. Can't do it again.

I am improving and I will be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Glad you are feeling better. We miss you.

Happy
I had a laugh on FB the other day about wanting another cat to name Fuzz. That would be cute. I need to make a couple of doctor appointments and one of them is for the dentist. I haven't been in years. I know he will scold me but he knows about my fear of those tools they use.

Laura
Good for you on doing those challenges. I'm at least wearing my pedometer. I have 4600 steps at the moment.

Annie
How are you doing at the new job?

Michelle
Enjoy your vacation.

Hello's to Terra and Susie

Not much going on today. It's taken me two full days to catch up on my paper work.
I may go get my insurance physical tomorrow. Not really sure what it consists of.
More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #51  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone--how did it get to be Wednesday already! Monday was a long work day for me, but I knew it would be. We had a review with our technical VP on Tuesday--when we do these reviews I call them "horse & pony shows". So Monday I was reworking presentations, making gift bags, doing my regular work...I got home at 8 p.m.!

Yesterday was a pretty normal work day as far as hours worked; after work we went to watch our friends' daughter (she is one of 4 that we call our nieces) play soccer. She had a 6:30 p.m. game and we were able to make it and watch her. We try to get to all the girls' sports/dance/karate things a couple times a year.

Our work Biggest Loser competition starts next Monday. We had a kickoff meeting and measurements on Tuesday. It told me a lot about myself. I have lost so much muscle tone, so that is one area that I will be working on...so more strength workouts for me. I am really excited about the whole program

Here is a little bit about the challenge;

HappyFit is an 8 week corporate wellness challenge created by Mary Beth Knight that lowers blood pressure, BMI, Body fat and creates MORE energy!

Mission
To teach employees how to live healthy & happy lives no matter the circumstances and to help employers create healthier atmospheres for them while lowering health insurance premiums, improving productivity and protecting the bottom line.

Description
Small changes can create BIG results in health and well-being. HappyFit is an 8 week wellness competition that allows small, medium and large companies to empower their employees and deliver knowledge along with motivation that creates sustainable change. Employees can expect to feel better, look better, work better and live better! Employers can expect to save money and create a passionate, healthy work environment!

I looked at the scales today and I believe I will be down on the TOPS scales tomorrow.

Laura: You are doing great with the workouts! and your steps! When I read your one post about overindulging and the next morning feels badly I get that. I used to overeat every Thursday night (after TOPS weigh in) as a "reward" to myself and the next morning I also felt so sick to my stomach. I haven't done that in 3 weeks and it's so nice to get up on Friday morning feeling good!

Terra: I'm sorry to hear about your heel..that is very painful. I have very dry feet and so when I get out of the shower I put Vaseline on my feet and put sock on. You can also do this at night and sleep that way and it will help. Also, there is this product in the lotion isle at Walmart called O'Keefe's that can help with cracks on feet and hands. I just buy the one for hands and use it on my hands and my feet (again, put socks on). That product will heal the crack up in a few days, then the Vaseline helps your feet stay nice and smooth.

Ceejay: Where will your HS reunion take place? We had our 30th last year. It was a lot of fun to go and see everyone. How did the insurance physical go?

Shad: I'm sorry to hear that your back is giving you problems. Is it from all that yard work?

Happy: Oh no! more rain?! I sure hope you don't have any more flooding in the basement. How did the dentist appointment go?

Annie: How is the new job going? I've been thinking about you.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:54 AM   #52  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura ~ Thats great that you have been cutting down on your soda intake. I'm glad my heel is feeling better now. Yes I'm back to walking now.

Susie ~ Thanks for the tip on how to heal my cracked heel.

CJ ~ Hi, How are you doing? How's your week going?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and now its almost 5 am, I need to start watching for my bus at 7:45 am this morning and I'll be getting picking back up between 3:50 pm and 4:20 pm. So far today I've got ready for school and thats it, Clyde is still sleeping so I havent let him out yet. I did get his food ready for him to eat, His water is fresh though. Today I have cooking class and peer support group. In cooking class we are making Fried Rice with egg rolls on the side with sweet and sour sauce for dipping.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #53  

Morning all.* Yesterday was very rainy and still rather warm and humid.* In the early evening, however, the wind picked up and a cold front came through.**Today it's gloomy and chilly.* I'm okay with the temps (low 60's forecast for our high*today), but I'd like to see some sun!*

Terra - Your cooking class sounds like it'll be a delicious one!!* Have fun and enjoy!

Susie - Nice you got away to see your "niece's" soccer game.* Your HappyFit challenge sounds like it'll be a wonderful supplement to your current weight loss activities.* Good luck, and keep us posted on the type of stuff you do and learn as part of the challenge.* Good luck to you at your TOPS weigh-in today.* Re eating to the point of ending up with indigestion - I may eat until I'm uncomfortably full every once in a while, but I can't say I've really ever ended up feeling awful like I did last Sunday.* I have a feeling it was a combination of the amount of food I ate and the type (i.e., rich).* Never again!* I've definitely learned over the past few years to stop eating before I get to the point of being overly-full.*For one thong, it sure makes it hard to get through an afternoon of work! Now I'm more likely to eat smaller meals because I know I'd rather be able to/need to eat a snack later on than to be too full after a meal.* Re using Vaseline on your heels - I do something similar:* I use creamy petroleum jelly on them.**

Ceejay - Glad you're wearing the pedometer.* I find it keeps me aware of my activity level.* When you really think about it, keeping up with your dental care might be even more important than some aspects of your health care from a financial standpoint.* Some people don't have dental insurance coverage, and my understanding is that Medicare doesn't even cover dental expenses.* And when things go bad with your teeth, it's so expensive!* So make sure you take good care of your teeth and get to the dentist regularly!* Yes, the dentist might scold you, but if he catches something before it becomes a bigger problem, it'll be worth it.* Are you going to get the insurance physical exam*today?

Shad - Sorry you lost your post yesterday.* Glad to hear your back is improving!**

Hellos to the rest of you!!
==
Nothing much to report.* I did my squat challenge last night, but nothing else.* Having walked between home and the train station in both the morning and evening yesterday, I ended the day with 9,565 steps.* So close to 10,000!* So far*today*I did 14 pushups.* I'm only at 1,604 steps because I was running late for the train and had bf drop me off.* I'll see if I can get some steps in at lunchtime.**

I did a home weigh-in this morning and I'm up a pound from last week.* I've been tracking on MFP this week and I know my calories are higher than they should be, so I totally understand why I didn't have a loss.* My scale is very old, but very reliable, so I choose to accept the fact that it doesn't display fractions of pounds, just whole pounds.* Even with a weight gain, I feel better about myself lately because I'm more physically active, and I feel stronger and more toned.**

Yesterday I ordered some clothes online.* I have a conference to attend next Thurs/Fri for work and thought I'd finally buy myself a blazer and slacks that I can wear together as a suit or, of course, separately.* I hope I like it when I finally see it in front of me!* I chose charcoal instead of black.* I have a lot of black clothing already.

I also ordered a more casual blazer that I could wear to work or also wear with jeans.* The color is "Bordeaux" and I'm hoping it's not too purple for my taste.* Then again, I could use more color in my wardrobe.* I tend to go with neutrals - black, tan, brown - and it's gets boring.**

That's about it for me.* Have a good day everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #54  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning, morning, good morning!

First of all Happy BELATED birthday Michelle. I am very sorry to have missed your special day. I hope you had a good day and a fun celebration on your trip. May the fun continue throughout the week.

I've been busy, busy - more busy than I'd like to be actually. Worked on Tuesday morning, then to the dentist in the afternoon. He did not give me enough novacaine - or perhaps missed the spot he should have injected it. I do like him as a nice man but I think I am going to switch to the other dentist going forward. Came home, made dinner. Rubbed DH's poor sore back - he is digging a ditch / trench in the front yard to divert the water away from the property and was dog tired. Cleaned up the kitchen, did some laundry, watched about an hour of tv and hit the bed. Yesterday it was up early as we had our monthly thrift shop meeting. The rains were pouring down heavy again so I cursed the weather for a bit. Came home, made lunch and then set off for yoga class which started again for the fall season. At least this one is just down the road instead of a 30 minute drive. Walked in the door and DH was just totally bummed out - between being so very tired, all the excessive rain and water and the potential dollar toll of fixes he was just beat down. So I had to talk him back up again. Yes we will have to put out money, can't fret too much as we don't know exactly what can be done or how much it will cost. Yes we have options. As much as Michelle is about to dry up and run out of water, we face the opposite problem. We are inundated with moisture. The ground can only hold so much and we believe that due to all the snow and rain, the water table has also risen up which is why we are having continual seepage in the basement seam and ground cracks. After we talked I made supper, cleaned up the kitchen and tackled a few more things on my to do list. Watched a bit of tv with DH and went to bed early (for me). I actually slept over 9 hours last night which is a lot for me - however the last couple of nights I have slept fitfully because I have one ear open for the continuing sound of the sump pump - which discharges about every 40 seconds. Today is a catch up day - I have to pick some stuff up at Walmart, do some laundry, get the minutes out from the meeting, send some cards out and there is the rest of the garden as well as basement culling to be done.

Terra - have fun at class today. Are you going to be making egg rolls from scratch? That sounds like fun. I'm sure having cake at your meeting encourages attendance

Susie - "gift bags" for a presentation? Boy I wish I had gone to some of them instead of the 45 powerpoint slide snoozers Since you mentioned loss of muscle tone, I commend you for working on getting it back. I have noticed a HUGE loss of muscle, apparently, like bone mass it diminishes in our 40s onward. Work hard to keep it girl! Please post more when you can about your Biggest Loser Challenge - I am interested in hearing about it.

Ceejay - I am not fond of the dentist either but because they are coming out with more evidence of a link between teeth health and heart issues, I do make sure I go on a semi regular basis. If you get a good dentist, they will work with you to help your fears as they are much more understanding now about patient fears and concerns. Good for you for wearing the pedometer. It's a good reminder to keep moving.

Shad - sorry you lost your long post. Hope you are getting some rest and the back is healing up and feeling better. No garden digging for you.

Laura - is Margaret Richards still making new DVDs or is this just a "new" one of a previous BE you picked up? Are the colors starting to turn out your way? I think with all the rain we've had it will be a glorious color season. I see you are getting a lot of rain and storms lately too. Regarding your question about the farmers market I was able to get a lot of vegetables - butternut squash, potatoes, end of season cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, Russian fingerling potatoes (which I ruined yesterday when I didn't put in enough water when roasting them), corn on the cob, carrots, and some green beans. This month is the end of the farmers market and they finally have lots of good vegetables coming in. Next month starts the cranberry and apple fests - the official welcome to the end of fall with a crispness in the air to match the crunch of the apples.

Annie - hope the new job is going well.

Michelle - have a wonderful vacation and a lovely time with the rellies.

One of the new volunteers brought in a barely used pressure cooker that I'm going to buy. It looks like a nice Presto one - I am looking forward to trying it out. Fall and winter are great times for pressure cooking and crock pots

Anyway I'd better get on with the day - I have to run to the post office, pick up my pressure cooker at the shop, drop off supplies, mail a UPS package for DH and hit up Walmart. Then if I have energy I need to work on culling some things from the basement to take to the shop so someone else can buy my stuff

Have a good day all.

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-11-2014 at 12:22 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #55  

Hi. Taking a little lunch break. Found a quiet room where I can hide for a bit.

The home scales looked good this morning and so I'm hoping for nice loss at TOPS tonight.

I am blocking my calendar for 3 days next week that I can get away and go to the work gym to do 30 min of strength training. I need to buy some weights for home but before I do that I want to get the 8 weeks under my belt to get into the routine before I shell out my own money. My cardio will still be done at home doing the treadmill, or WATP..but I might add one day of ellpitcal or bike at the work gym for something different than what I can do at home.

Happy: I hope DH felt better after you talked to him. I don't like to see my DH down and I know when I feel down it always helps when he can talk to me and I can talk to him.

I think it is time for you to get a new dentist so I think you have made a good decision.

I have never used a pressure cooker. We got one for a wedding gift 26 years ago..never used it once! I wonder if we still have it....We do use our crock pot a lot in the fall and winter.

As for the gift bags at the meeting, they were there to "showcase" our newest products to upper management. Think swag bags like they get at those award shows.

Laura: We are having similar weather. I agree that I don't mind the cooler temps..it is time for it..but seeing sun even when it is still cool

Keep up the good work with the steps. My fit bit helps me to get moving but I can't see my actual steps for the day until I download the info. I can see my blinking dots on the fit bit and sort of figure out how many I have.

I found that my calories on MFP were a bit high as well and I just try to stay under by 500+ calories.

Your new clothes sound nice. Let us know what you think when you get them.

Terra: Your cooking class sounds very tasty.

Michelle: I hope you had a great bithday and are having a fun trip!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #56  
Choose your hard

Susie - check this out - make your own weights at home with supplies around the house. I'd do this like you said to first get into a routine before you make an investment in something.

Make a Homemade Weight Set
Old 09-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Lost my post so I'll just say a quick hello.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #58  

if you can't tell I had a good loss at TOPS last night. A 5.4 lb loss!

I am about to leave for work but wanted to get a fast post in and say hi to all you wonderful ladies.

Happy: thanks so much for the link.

Ceejay: Hello back to you!

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'll be back sometime today or tomorrow to check in.

Tomorrow, I have to take the our " work" car in to the mechanic. We believe it needs an alignment but might need some other work...hopping it isn't too expensive.

Then in the afternoon we are taking two of our "nieces" to Kings Island (an amusement park) for the afternoon and evening. It's P&G weekend at Kings Island and the park is only open for all of our Cincinnati employees.

Our nieces are 13 and 11--it will be good for me to walk around the park. If I can fit into some of the seats on the roller coasters I will ride with the 13 year old..she loves them...I used to. Next year, I swear, I'll ride ALL the coasters as I WILL fit in them.

Ok..got to get on the road to get to work. Bye!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #59  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura & Susie ~ Yeah we do have alot of tasty food during cooking class.

Happy ~ Nope we didnt make the egg rolls, I bought them from Walmart. Yeah I'm sure having the birthday cake during our 2nd meeting of the month is one of the biggest reasons we have a better turn out then the first meeting of the month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 7:00 A.M. this morning. It's almost 8:00 A.M. now, I'm about to have breakfast, I've done my morning duties for today. At 11 a.m. I'm going to school for DA4A's first movie day. I will be there until 3:30 today. The bus is coming back to get me between 3:30 pm and 4:00 pm. Before I leave the house this morning I'm gonna do the dishes so my mom doesnt have to when she gets off of work today. Right now it's almost 9 am and I'm currently eating breakfast while watching HOT In Cleveland.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #60  
Choose your hard

Good morning girls,

Hard freeze warning tonight. Low of 28 degrees - well at least we don't have snow like in Denver. Yet. DH said it was pretty cold in the house this morning. I hope the last hummingbird that's been hanging around has taken the hint and headed south. The (tree) colors are starting to pop out all over the place. Some clumps are in full color, other trees are starting to show a branch at a time.

One of the new volunteers brought in a barely used pressure cooker which I am buying. I've been afraid of those things - my Mom has an old one she still uses and I remember the top flying off a time or two but I understand they have safety valves on them to prevent that now. Anyway it's a new opportunity to learn some cooking techniques. I also should attempt fresh pasta with the pasta making roller I bought 2 years ago

But first I have to get through my afternoon shift at the shop. I will probably spend the weekend sorting through things in the basement and will leave finishing off the garden until next week when it warms up a bit to the 60's during the day. DH and I were going to go up to Duluth on Monday but I am full of groceries so we might put that off a week. I think part of the reason is that he wants to head over to the berry farm and see if there are any late season flowers needing their pictures taken.

He was pretty bummed out about the ditch he was digging - it is WAY too much work for him. He went down the road to an excavator neighbor we have and the guy came out and took a look - he has a good, and more simple solution to the drainage problem - hopefully it's not that costly. He did say DH was smart in diverting as much water away from the house as possible. So hopefully we can get this water under control.

Susie - congrats on such a great weigh in! That has to be so very motivating! Have fun at the amusement park - I heard that was a really nice place.

Terra - that's nice that you did the dishes for your Mom. Do you ever watch the show Mom that comes on after HOT in Cleveland?

Hi Ceejay - I hear you are getting a lot of rain down your way too. Don't float away!

Hello to the rest of the chicks I'd better get a few things done before I head off to the shop. Have a good weekend.