3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #16

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I am procrastinating over the house work. I'm telling myself it must be done but I think that maybe another coffee won't hurt or a trip down the road (when I should be conserving money).
Anyway, I have put a few things on the list and will at least try to get some of them done.

Ceejay - stop stressing and get on with getting that licence. It's not so bad - when I shifted countries, I had to go to the Traffic department and stand in line and then all they did was issue my new one and take away my old one. Will have to do it all over again if I shift back to NZ.

Happy - glad that you are feeling better and getting back to the feisty chick again. Go get the old sour faced biddy at the shop. Wish I was around to help the old DH with the carpet and the sealing - your basements are a wonder to behold.

Michelle - happy trails. Hope it all goes well for you and Santa for the holiday.

Laura - useless hiding the C word. I have it on good authority from a friend that one of our bigger department stores have C word decorations on display and it was only August when he said that. The store had the excuse that they surveyed their customers and this is what they wanted - HUH? I don't think so.

Annie - nice one, checking out the route and getting into the rhyme and reasons of working life again. Is there parking close by where you will work?
Nice of Cs family to roll up half an hour late. How rude. My father was a stickler for punctuality and some of it rubbed off on me.

Terra - your ticker seems to have moved. Great job.

Susie - Good to hear that things are going okay with the DH. Did you get that workout DVD done? Get on with it girl.

Right well into the kitchen I go. Wipe down the benchtops, empty the dishwasher, put out the rubbish and clean out a couple of cupboards. It's not that hard. I might just have to put on a talking book or some music to while away the time with. Be seeing you.

Last edited by Shad; 09-03-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #17

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone--I made it here! I am proud and happy about that. Both my managers are back after a month of traveling and boy do they have things for me to do!

I made a list of all of it with dates that I could deliver what they needed and asked them to let me know if they had any concerns about the dates. I think they wanted it all done in 1 week and there is no way I could do that! I thought putting it all in a list so that they could see what all they were asking of me, as well as the regular day-to-day task of scheduling and resheduling their calendars, not to mention my other work of Dept HR durties, Culture Team duties, the United Way Campain represenative for our Dept, the Liquids Platform weekly meeting that I coordinate ageandas for as well as posting pre-reading to a Sharepoint site....see why I work late alot?!

Right now, my biggest deliverables, outside of the daily calendaring and printing things for meetings for my Director and Associate Director are our Dept meeting on Sept 12--I own the agenda and getting the content for the meeting, plus my own part of putting together the Recognition slides and then merging all the other content into a PowerPoint so it all looks seemless.

I will have a long night Tues and Wed of next week so I can get it to the Director to review and tweak before Friday morning when the meeting is schedule

And we have our United Way Kickoff for the entire company tomorrow and then a Dept challenge event on Monday that I'm in charge of coordinating.

I am not happy that I haven't gotten my steps in or my workouts in. I'm doing what I can--parking in the back of the parking lot, taking the stairs, walking to people's cubes to ask questions instead of emailing. Printing to a printer that I have to get up and walk to. These are the things I can do right now with having to work when I get home. Next week, I'm saving my lunches for workout time at the work gym.

I do want to share a couple of NSV (non scale victories) that I had yesterday and today. When I got home from work yesterday, I did not snack before dinner and today, I turned down an offer for cake at work and we were in a 3 hours meeting where there were miniture candy bars on the table and I was so tired of that meeting...tempting to reach for the candy to "wake myself up"..instead I just sipped my water and did breathing exercises.

I am sorry not to do personnals but it is time for bed. Please execuse any spelling or typos in this post...I am tired and it is late!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 09-03-2014 at 10:58 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #18
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Lost my post, ugh.

Feels so good that I am home. I stayed an extra day due to weather in Arkansas. It was so quiet in my sister's condo that I actually got bored. I'm not sure I could handle that. But I already miss my sister's 4 year old grand daughter. She was really a joy.
I'm not going to Paragould this week end. I'm just not ready to confront my aunt.

-------
Susie
I didn't get any exercise either this week end. That was a good idea to write down.

Happy
I had the same symptoms as you are having last week. I would lay on my side and would hear the gurgle. I've had to sleep on propped up pillows. My sinuses are still congested but that is nothing new for this time of the year. Re the co-worker think I'd tell her off. The shock may be enough to shut her up.

Michelle
Know that you are getting ready for your trip. Thanks for the confirmation that I will just have to take the written part of the driving test.

Laura
The C word I don't mind. It's the S word that bothers me. I've been trying to think of some ways to cut back on my bills and save some extra money.

Shad
When you get through you can come clean at my house. For some reason I don't have the energy to clean today. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-04-2014 at 11:40 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #19
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I met with a new trainer after work yesterday. She's REALLY good. Not only does she have experience working with people who are rehabbing from injuries (including back injuries), she also has experience training bariatric patients!! She really put me through my paces...all doing exercises that use my own body weight as resistance, and she was a real stickler for proper form (which I appreciate). I'm going to do squats, planks and pushups while I'm on vacation.

I got my laundry done last night, but didn't get my packing done. Today after work, D's brother is driving me to pick up the rental car, and then it's home to pack and load the car. Basically, I want to have everything in the car and ready to go so that when 5 (or 5:30 am) rolls around I just have to pack my CPAP machine and a few last minutes odds and ends, feed Santa and then hit the road. I need to get out of the Bay Area before 6:30 as that is when the commute traffic starts getting bad.

===================================

Laura - I don't know if you've heard the predictions of the Farmer's Almanac. You might be in for another tough "W". Good for you on all the steps, squats and pushups. I hope you're able to find time to utilize the gym since it takes so long for cancellations to process.

Shad - I saw on FB, you're already enjoying the harvests from your garden. With an audio book or music, your kitchen tasks won't be so bad.

Susie - Two managers back after traveling for a month. I don't envy your workload. Good luck getting the presentation together for your department meeting. It would be nice if you could get it done without putting in long nights. Congrats on the NSV's! Passing up cake and candy is a huge victory!!

Ceejay - Bummer that you lost your post. I think since you just got home after your Missouri travel, you're smart not to go to Paragould. Take this weekend for some R&R. It's no wonder you don't have the energy to clean. Driving home from Branson is a long trip. I've got a long drive (11 hours) ahead tomorrow and then another 4-5 hours on Saturday morning. But I keep telling myself that at least I'm just driving a car and not a 22' truck towing a car like I did when I moved from Wisconsin.

to Happy, Annie, and Terra!

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #20

*Afternoon all.* Rainy morning here, and later it is forecast to get to nearly 90 degrees.*

Shad Ė It sounds like youíve been on the go with house and garden tasks ever since youíve been back home Ė I can see wanting to take a break and have a day where you donít have to check items off a list. If not, definitely get some music or an audio book going Ė it makes chores so much more pleasant.* Are basements uncommon in Oz and NZ?* We have areas of the country here in which basements are rare because of the type of land in those areas.* From the real estate shows Iíve watched, Texas and California are a couple.* That said, several of the women in my book club donít have basements in their older homes.* I guess itís also a home-building cost factor.* Iím very glad to have our basement.* Ours is only semi-finished, but itís great to have for laundry, messy projects, and storage.* Re the C word Ė I guess Iím glad that Halloween has become such a popular holiday here in the US Ė thatís the only thing keeping C out of the stores in July, LOL.*

Susie Ė Sounds like a lot of work ahead of you now that the bosses are back.* Do you ever wish you could just focus on the core work having to do with the business and not the challenges and fundraisers, etc?* I know those things are good for employee morale, etc, but they sure seem to add to your workload!* Yay for those NSVs Ė the ones you mentioned could end up reflecting in a good way on the scale!*

Ceejay Ė Good idea to stay home this weekend instead of traveling to P.* That would be a lot of driving for the week!* Sorry your sinuses are still bothering you.* My allergies are coming on stronger right now too. * Yesterday I woke up with vertigo because there was fluid building up in my ear canals.* I took a half Zyrtec tab and it worked out well.* I might have to take one this afternoon.* LOL re the S word.* Thatís my least favorite part of the holiday season, thatís for sure.*

Michelle Ė Iím glad you like your new trainer.* How long are your sessions Ė half hour?* I like the squats/planks/pushups plan you have for exercising while youíre out of town.* No equipment or facility needed, and those exercises are so effective.* Iíve got the squats and pushupsin my day right now Ė need to add the planks/core as well.* Youíre going to have an early start tomorrow!* In case you donít get back here*today, let me wish you and Santa a good and safe drive*tomorrow*and Saturday.* I can only imagine how youíll enjoy just being in a car and not a giant truck towing a car!!* * Re the gym Ė itís not a matter of finding the time, itís just finding the discipline/desire.* The atmosphere at that place has never been right for me and I never felt at home there.*

Hellos to Terra, Annie & Happy.*
~~~~~~~~~
I printed the cancellation form for the gym last night and mailed it this morning.* There was no mention of sending it via certified mail (so where did I read that??), so weíll see how quickly I receive a confirmation from them.*

I did two Body Electric workouts last night (but skipped the extra cooldown and warmup routines), as well as my squat challenge.* Iím feeling fatigued*today.* This morning I did 12 pushups.* Steps are only at 2284 so far because bf gave me a ride to the train this morning due to the rain.* Weíll see if itís nice enough to walk home from the train*tonight.*

I didnít go to WW*today, and my monthly pass ends on Saturday, so I doubt I will bother going a final time.* I did, however, step on the scale*today.* It wasnít pretty, but it was down 2 pounds from a week ago.* Not tracking is not a good option for me, so Iím back to it on MFP*today.

Nothing planned for*tonight.* Itís a rest day for the squats.* Thatís it for me.* TTFN.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #21
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - I hope the 90 degree temps aren't combined with a bunch of humidity. As you mentioned to Shad, basements are very uncommon here due to earthquakes. You definitely don't want your house caving in on you during a major quake. I definitely appreciated having a basement when I lived in WI. It was really good for laundry and storage. I got a great laugh out of Halloween keeping the "C" stuff out of stores. I need to remember to take allergy meds with me to WA and OR. I hardly use them here in the summer since due to the drought, most plants are dead. Trees aren't of course, but they are definitely stressed by the lack of water. Washington and Oregon climates are vastly different from Silicon Valley. My sessions with the trainer are an hour, though yesterday was spent doing measurements and discussing goals. Next time will be 60 minutes of serious working out. My trainer recommends the squats, planks and pushups because they work so many muscles at once, and working the legs (with the squats) definitely helps burn calories. I'm hoping to have time to explore some lovely dog (and back) friendly walking trails. Okay, I've got to remember to take my allergy pills and my back pain meds. I think it's time to write everything down lest I fall victim to CRS (Can't remember S*it) or worse, to what Shad calls CRAFT (Can't remember a effing thing). Thanks for the well wishes for my drive. I know what you mean about the gym atmosphere. When I get to the gym, I see all those perfect bodies (male and female) and I just try and tune it all out. At least my gym is not a "meat market" pickup place. Sure you see the occasional flirting, but I'd say 99% of the people are there to do their workout. Good luck quitting the gym. I have to laugh because I've been watching old Friends episodes (one of my fave shows of all time). And last night I saw one where Chandler was trying to quit his gym, but was having difficulty. He brought Ross with him for moral support, and Ross ended up being coerced into joining as well. Well done and :Bravo: on the two BE workouts along with the squat challenge, and for being down 2 lbs. Welcome back to MFP. I don't like tracking on my phone, but I'll probably have to for the next 10 days.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
Old 09-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #22
Creating a Healthier Me

Oh...for goodness sakes....I'm trying to make a list of all the things I need to bring on my roadtrip (my stuff, Santa's stuff, etc.).....

What am I forgetting??? I think I might just be losing it!

My Mini Goals:

Last edited by diyana; 09-04-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #23

Morning all,

Short post today since I will be kept busy chasing the cats off the vege patch. Little Devils. DS2 dropped his cat off last night since he is going to Gladstone for the weekend. 6hour drive up and another back. He is taking a load of stuff up to some friends place and apparently he has the only ute available.

Today I want to get into the front garden early. It needs to be weeded and weed matted and then I can go get some garden soil and plant a few more bits and pieces in there. Then I need to get back into digging this drain and adding a few more blocks to the wall. One day, it will all be finished. I hope that day is not too far away. Then I need to tackle the latest influx of bills and paperwork and get the taxes done and the filing under control again. It's all go.

Michelle - have a safe trip. Hope you got every thing packed that you needed. I find that if I go through the motions of getting my sh*t together for a normal daily routine, it then helps me to pack. And I only ever forget my phone charger. That means I have to buy another and now I have one in every suitcase!

Susie - I hope they pay you well for all that you have to do. It's bordering on the insane. Congratulations on the NSV.

Ceejay - I will come and do you house if you come and dig out the dirt in my trash pile of dirt and take it away for me.

Laura - basements here are a rarity as they are in New Zealand. You are likely to get more floor levels in NZ because of the hilly nature of the country but if you want a basement you have to build a new house and pay through the nose for the foundations. We also have earthquakes over in NZ. Here in Aus they tend to put down a big concrete slab and build on that. Basements are not normal.

And that is about it. I'm off for my shower, then breakfast and then out into the garden. Happy Friday or Thursday or whatever it is wherever you are.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #24
gettin' with the plan

My cousin from texas just sent me a text and she is at her mom's in Paragould. She's giving her mom a 90th bday party and I want to go. I'm just waiting for the details. I just dread the drive and no I will not be staying at my aunt and uncles. If it's on Saturday or Sunday I'll get a hotel room.

Shad
It's a deal. Only if you lived a bit closer.

Laura
Think I'm going to cancel my sirus xm radio. I listen to the same stations and I have that kind of music on cd's. I've really been lazy on the exercise lately, so I need to get busy.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:56 AM   #25

You wouldn't have to drive Ceejay.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #26

Morning all.* TGIF!

Michelle Ė Of course itís humid Ė itís Chicago!* * I hope you didnít forget anything critical for your trip, especially those allergy meds!!* Over the years of traveling for business, I developed a very good packing checklist for myself.* Now that I rarely travel for business, I still use it for my personal travel, and I still add items to it occasionally (including the cell phone charger Shad!!).* I should probably save a backup copy of that list because I know the CRS and CRAFT syndromes will increase as each year passes, LOL.* A one-hour training session sounds tough.* If I were to spend the money on a trainer, I think I would go into it thinking that I could get through (to varying degrees of success) whatever he or she would throw at me for 30 minutesÖbut Iím not sure about an hour!* LOL re the Friends episode about quitting the gym!* Re LA Fitness, on the web page youíre at to print the cancellation form, they have different videos depending on the reason for your cancellation in which they try to change your mind!* Too funny!

Shad Ė I certainly understand no basements in NZ because of the earthquakes there.* And if thereís no extreme cold, I guess being on a slab would be fine.* In our cold climate, the basement sure helps keep the first floor more comfortable.* Okay, Iím tired out from reading your list of projects for the day.* Hope it was productive.

Ceejay Ė Is the party this weekend??!!* Hope not and youíve got more time to plan Ė this weekend would have been nice for you to rest after the Branson drive.* Re sirus (or is it Sirius??) Ė we had it a while back, but didnít use it, so we cancelled it.* I keep thinking of getting cdís from the library and uploading the songs to my computer so I could load the songs onto my smartphone, but that never happens.* Someday.* Of course that would make me want to buy a nice docking station for the house so I could play the musicÖit never ends, does it??* Get busy with the exercise girl!!* I say find a 30-day fitness challenge of some sort.* For some reason, seeing that printed chart of whatís required each day makes me determined to complete it all the way to day 30.*

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!* Have a great weekend everyone.

##

Nothing much to report.* Yesterdayís steps were 6,403.* I will not get to 10,000 steps on a given day unless I deliberately take a walk to do so.* I will see if I can get out for a walk during my lunchtimes in the coming weeks.*

I donít have much planned for this weekend.**Tomorrow*morning will be Jazzercise class.* My friend D is coming to the house sometime in the afternoon, and she wants to take me out for a belated birthday dinner that night.*

Otherwise, I will be doing my pushups and squats and taking dog walks.* Iíll also finally get to the weeding in the area along the south side of the house.* This is the area that has gravel so weeds wonít grow, but of course is now filled with weeds taller than the fence! Weíll see how many empty yard waste containers are left for the weeds after bf gets done mowing the lawn*today.* The lawn is too long to just mulch the clippings, so he will be using the bagger.*

Thatís it for me.* TTFN!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #27
gettin' with the plan

Shad
Thank you, I would love to see my cousin but I just don't have the energy to drive, plus rain is on the way. Think I will back out of this one and wait till later to go visit with my 90 year old aunt. I need the rest.

----
I've been lazing around this morning. Then I heard the lawn mower. My co-worker took a vacation day. He and his wife mowed my lawn. I asked him if he would cut back the bushes and he said he would. He doesn't have to do it today.

As I've told Shad, I think I'll stay home this week end. I'm still tired from my trip to Branson. Even my co-worker told me I needed to rest.
To save even more money, I'm turning in the cable boxes. I can't watch all 146 channels anyway and I have the basic channels. I was kind of afraid that the high definition would not be good quality but it is.
I need to go to Walmart then take the cable boxes back to the cable company.

Laura
I'm going to start wearing my pedometer. Almost bought the fit bit yesterday but the one I have does every thing but counts my sleep.

Michelle
Safe travels.

More later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-05-2014 at 11:30 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #28
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Annie ~ I did FINALLY fold and put away my clothes last night and I'll be sure to walk tonight at 6 or 6:30 when my mom goes to bed.

Michelle ~ Yeah I had a busy week this week, I got everything done for DA4A and home.

Happy ~ Nope we havent had alot of rain here this summer.

Laura ~ Yeah I did get my clothes folded and put away last night, I didnt know clothes could get permanent wrinkles in them.

Shad ~ Yes my ticker is moving, I went from 290 to 287, I hope I get to 280 or lower by the 23rd of this month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slept in until 6 am again this morning but tomorrow I'll be sure to get up at 5 am so Im ready to go for my morning walk at 7. Im currently doing laundry and I FINALLY folded and put my clothes way, Y*E*A* ME!!!!!!!! LOL. Anyway Scott and I are going to the mall this morning until about 2 this afternoon. So thats where I'll be for the first half of the day and then we'll come here and I'll make me some Shrimp Alfredo with penne pasta for dinner. I'll be sure to do my 2 mile walk tonight. While I folded and put my clothes away I also cleaned my room as well. Well Im running out of things to say so I'll post this message now. Hope everyone has an terrific day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One year from now, all the hard work with be worth it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weight Loss Pictures:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-pictures.html
1st MAJOR Goal - 250
2nd MAJOR Goal - 200
FINAL Goal - 150
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #29
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Oh what a day yesterday. I woke up at 7 but wasn't quite ready to get up so I went back to sleep. I woke up with a start at 7:45 and looked out the window to the worst storm I have ever seen. I ran to the front door and looked out and I could barely see out the door. The atmosphere was heavy and gray - almost as if it were a thick fog. Then the hail started. 25 cent piece sized hail was raining down. The rain was so hard that it looked like a mad river of white caps with the rain pushing the hail down the concrete between the house and the garage. I felt like I was in a tornado. About 10 minutes into this, the power snapped off. I opened the windows just a tiny bit - to equalize the pressure in the house when suddenly I heard a roar like I have never heard in my life and I've been in some bad storms. This wasn't a wind roar - it was a very strange and scary sound. I kept looking out the windows on 3 sides of the house but then common sense told me to get in the basement where DH already was making sure the battery back up sump pump kicked in. We are saturated in water from the many days of rain we've had prior to this. Our sump pump was kicking out about 1 gallon of water a minute. The storm lasted about 25 minutes altogether. DH was busy in the basement - water was seeping in from cracks in the foundation and the alarm on the battery backup pump was going off every 20 seconds and had to be reset each time otherwise it would drain the battery. Our front and back yards were flooded - we got about 4 inches of rain in 30 minutes they say. It looked like we were going to lose the battle of the basement and it would flood and we'd lose everything. We are on the very line of 2 towns so we knew we'd be one of the last getting power restored. I got in the car to listen to the radio (no cell phone, no internet access) and was at least a little relieved that while the storms would continue throughout the day, at least the worst of it was past us. Without power we have no water or lights. We took water from the run off in the sump pump to have water to flush the toilets. I used some of DH's CPAP distilled water for emergency washing along with hand sanitizer. Took stock of the flashlights and batteries and made a list of supplies for DH. Told him he had a few hours to come up with a plan to save the basement as we were not sure how long the battery pump would hold out. Both of my freezers were jam packed so I knew they'd hold the cold as long as we didn't open them up. DH went out and came back with a gasoline powered electrical generator which we plugged the sump pump into and had an extra power line which we swapped between the refrigerator, freezer, and recharging the battery sump pump. It was a long night for both of us. The cats were freaked out. It was odd because we had an exceess of "bad" water in the basement and a shortage of good clean water to use upstairs for washing and cooking and cleaning. The storm subsided and we went to the thrift store and I was able to fill up 3 empty gallon bottles with some clean water. I also picked up a corded phone to replace the one I had that apparently didn't work so at least we had landline service which was a relief. We didn't get our power back on until 3pm today. Meanwhile the house is a disaster. I started bringing things upstairs from the basement that I wanted to salvage. I started tossing things that I figured wouldn't make it and I could only wash a minimum of dishes so we had a mess in the kitchen too. We are supposed to go on the pontoon ride tomorrow morning - 2 people backed out at the last minute and if it weren't for DH looking forward to it, I'd give up on it too. We are tired, dirty and need of a good rest which will come early tonight I hope. I grabbed a few things from the freezer that I thought were starting to thaw and when we sat down to eat tonight - DH said he felt like he had not eaten in 4 days. I said I guess yesterday's canned soup dinner was not delightful? We took a ride around when I went to get more water this morning and considering the damage all around us and the excessive number of downed trees, we are rather fortunate. There was a microburst - like a tornado - with 80 mile per hour winds that blew past us. Some people had tennis ball sized hail too with ferocious lightning that fried electrical equipment. I told DH that while this was annoying, at least our house didn't blow away. He said then we could start fresh. Men.

We have a basement in our house but they dug the foundation too deep and it's too close to the water table we think - while it's nice to have a place to run and hide in a storm (I hated not having that in TN), it's also not nice worrying about flooding, especially with all the water and snow (yes I said it) we get up this way Next time buy a house at the TOP of the hill.

Terra - good for you for getting all of your chores done. I hope you make your weight goal for the end of the month - it's good to have something to work towards.

Ceejay - I find that with 145 cable channels there is still nothing much to watch on tv outside of the Cooking Channels. It's probably good that you didn't go to Paragould - especially with bad weather. You must be tired from your long trip and it's too soon to schedule more driving. Just make sure you make plans to see your aunt soon.

Michelle - I hope you have good driving and a wonderful time with friends and family at the wedding. Kiss all the babies, walk the dog and keep up with your exercise routine. I think it's terrific that your trainer gave you something you can do without needing equipment or a gym. Have fun!

Laura - good idea to keep an updated travel list. I find I keep making one each time I have to pack. We cancelled Sirius after the free trial in the new car - just not enough stations that interested us and we're not big into talk radio which is a big feature of satellite. It was disappointing honestly - seems like they played a lot of obscure songs too. I hope you get all your yard work done, you've done a fair amount of landscaping work. I bet it looks very pretty.

Shad - speaking of landscaping, I'll bet you would not recognize your house as it was years back. You put a ton of sweat equity into it and still finding things to do. I hope the cats get along and Miss Sunday does not teach the new kid some tricks to pull on DS2. Let's hope the beasts don't tear up the garden... I can attest to the face that Shad forgets her phone charger wherever she goes

Susie - good for you for laying it on the line with the managers about the workload and scheduling. You are happy to do it and put in very long days, but they MUST work with you. :congrats: on resisting the temptation of the candy bars. I healthy victory to be proud of.

Annie - hope you enjoy your last weekend of having more personal time before the new job starts on Monday. The paycheck will be enjoyed but time for yourself is good too.

You talked about the "C" word - we have a "C" corner at the shop. I didn't like the idea of it but apparently many people shop early or year 'round so they got their wish. I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that summer is over - not that we had much of one.

Oh well, I have some things to tote back into the basement and run the vacumn. Will be an early start tomorrow but hopefully it will be a nice day for a boat ride. Have a good weekend and I will probably be back to post late tomorrow night.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #30

Height: 5'7"

I made it to Friday! and they moved the department meeting to Sept 25 or Oct 1..they are trying to decide and should have it figured out on Monday. I am a bit relieved

I had a 5.6 lb loss at TOPS last night! and again, I said "no thank you" to the left over cake that they were offering at work the other day. I'm trying to stay on track over the weekend so I don't have to work Monday and Tuesday to take off what I put back on over the weekend. I have done this over and over for many year.

We start a Biggest Loser Challenge at work on Sept 11 and this coming Monday is the kickoff. We will also be weighed and measured. We are on teams that we formed ourselves. Teams of 4. I'm excited to be on the team I am on. I think we will do amazing as a group and I'm so ready to do this!

We will have a coach throughout the Challenge.

Happy: OMG! Reading about that storm you just had was scary!! I'm so glad you are safe. And grateful that you didn't loose the food in the freezers or everything in the basement.

I do have to say that when I was reading the line that said "I told DH that while it was annoying...." when I got to what he replied and you said "men", I crackled so loud my DH game to the office to see what I was really doing back here on the computer!

Laura: Great job on getting 2lbs off! can tell that wearing your pedometer is helping you to get moving.

My fitbit has helped me with that. I changed my daily goal from 10,000 steps to 6,000 so I could feel that I was accomplishing something. When I start hitting that 5 days out of 7 I will raise the daily goal to 8,000 and then when I start hitting that 5 days out of 7 I will go to 10,000. I am working my way up. I'm not very active during the day at work as I'm chained to that desk a lot.

I will see you at MFP as I am going to restart logging my food again. Come on..we can do this.

Ceejay: I think it is wise for you to stay home and rest up a bit. Good to hear that you are getting out that pedometer!

Shad: How did it go in the flower beds and with the paper work and filing?
Happy mentioned that you have put in a lot of landscaping in the past few years. It would be fun to see before and present pictures. I love to read about what you are doing in your yard and gardens.

I don't take time to do that much..but it is one of those things that in the future I might take up. My daddy was a farmer and he also had so much satisfaction on planting things and seeing them grow.

You mentioned you hoped my job paid me well. I feel that it does but I earn it all!

Terra: How was the mall trip? I'm ready to take a stroll through the mall and look at the new stuff for fall....I don't want to look at the stuff for winter though..not ready for that white fluffy stuff yet.

Congratulations on the ticker moving down!

Michelle: Enjoy your trip and I hope the drive is enjoyable too. Does Santa like to ride?

Annie--it is your last weekend as a person who isn't working outside the home....enjoy it! and I'm excited for you on Monday.

Ok..I'm finding my nightgown, getting in bed with a book and falling asleep.

I have a hair appointment in the morning. Nothing new, just freshening up the color, cut and waxing!