Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #181  

Morning all.* TGIF!

Susie – Best wishes to your dh for a successful procedure*today!!* I like all the titles you suggested for next month’s thread, especially the 2nd*and 3rd ones.* Good idea to suggest a shredding event in your town – I think it would be very popular given the risk of identity theft these days.* Our village belongs to a consortium of area towns that join together for various recycling events.*

Annie – Congrats to your friend and your goddaughter on the new arrival.* Pretty name!* I hope you have a great weekend and that C’s daughters don’t cancel on dinner and actually behave themselves.* Good strategy to plan a meal that can keep for leftovers.* Re the tree – now that I’ve thought about it, I think we should just wait for the free tree.* There’s not going to be any substantial shade in our lifetime from whatever dinky tree is planted over the next year or two, so why pay for a tree that will legally be owned by the village anyway?* What was wrong with your iPhone??

Ceejay – Safe travels*today*and I hope you have a lovely time with your sister this weekend.* Hope the bronchitis eases up – did the doc give you anything for it??* Re Jazzercise – yes I plan to go to class on Saturday morning.* There’s also a special Labor Day class on Monday morning which I may attend.* We’ll see – if I’m up late on Sunday, I might just skip it.*

Terra – Up at*4 am?* * Wow, that’s early!* Have you been taking naps during the day?* Maybe that’s why you wake up early…The salad sounds yummy.*

Michelle – Don’t stress over the psych evaluation – if it’s really limited to making sure you understand what this surgery can (and can’t) do for you and to ensure you’re aware of the realities of life post-surgery, then you should do very well.* You’ve got to be one of the most well-prepared surgery candidates out there!* Re the trees – the loss of all these ash trees has been devastating.* I’m pretty sad about losing our large tree out front.* I also feel pretty bad that we’d removed another tree, an oak- also out front - a few years ago and now we’ll have none out front.* That tree had some storm damage, but I don’t think it was really necessary to remove it – bf was the one that really wanted it gone…oh well.*

Happy – Welcome home!* I’m sure you’re glad to be back and anxious to get back into the swing of things.*

Hi Shad!!

Everyone have a lovely weekend, and enjoy the holiday (you too Shad – it’s highly likely you’ll be laboring on Labor Day, LOL).*

==

Nothing much to report.* I have a 10:30*meeting this morning with outside parties, so I had to be dressed presentably*today*when I really wanted to be pre-holiday weekend casual.* Oh well, I’ll get over it.*

I did not go to WW yesterday – the week got away from me and the scale at home was not kind to me yesterday morning.* I’ve been overindulging all week, and NOT tracking, so what did I expect??* Back to it…at some point…

I started a different 30-day squat challenge last night – this one has 5 different squat variations which should make it more interesting.* Here’s the link:**http://www.fitsugar.com/Printable-Sq...lenge-31141646

I added a few items to be shredded to my shopping bag last night, but nothing significant.* I really need to get serious with my paper purging!* This weekend might be a good time to catch up on my filing.*

The office closes at*3 pm*today.* No big plans for the weekend.* As mentioned, one Jazzercise class for sure, possibly two.* We also have a festival to go to, but that’s about it.* Oh, and I’ll drive over to the Public Works facility to drop off my bag of shredding.* That’s about it.* TTFN.*

Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #182  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies,

Fridays are awesome - especially the Fridays before a long weekend...and this Friday is made even better by a 3 day work week next week followed by 10 days off!

Yesterday, I went to the gym after work. I got there a little late so I was only able to do about 25 minutes on the bike before I met with my trainer. Man, she worked me HARD! This Sunday will be my last session with her as she is going to pursue her dream of becoming a nurse. She's only 23, and I strongly encouraged her to work hard for her dream.

I'm working on a list of all the things I need to pack for my road trip. Since I am renting a car for the drive, I can't pack up the car until the night before. I've got to stop by the pet store this weekend and pick up some treats for Santa, and get some more canned food for him.

No big plans for the long weekend, just the usual going to the gym and the dog park, along with website work, and going over to my step-mom's for dinner on Saturday.

=============================
Susie - I'm keeping your DH in my prayers for his ablation. I hope everything goes well and that it helps him.

Ceejay - Safe travels sweet sister. Have a great time with your sister and bil. So sorry to hear you have bronchitis. Did the doctor give you anything for it? Antibiotics? Inhalers? I hope you feel better soon and are able to enjoy your weekend.

Terra - I actually woke up at 3:30 am, and didn't fall back to sleep until 4:30. Believe me I did not want to get up when the alarm went off at 6 am.

Annie - I loved your HelloOOOOOOOO. I could hear Robin Williams saying it as Mrs. Doubtfire. So nice that your bff has another granddaughter! What a lovely name! I hope C's daughters don't cancel on sunday dinner. I'm impressed you were able to fix your phone! Well done!

Happy - Welcome back home! I look forward to reading your posts here again. Are you working at the Thrift Store this long weekend?

Laura - Thanks for the kind compliment about my preparation for surgery. I just figure the more I learn (good and bad) from others' experiences, the fewer surprises I'll have. A squat challenge? Good stuff. I may just try it. Nice that you are able to go home early! Have fun at Jazzercise and the festival.

Shad - How was the skin scan? I hope everything is ok.

Gotta get back to it.

Much love,
Old 08-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #183  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi everyone,

Back home safe and sound. I got 2 offers for (car) rides back - one from my cousins who were in town for a wedding and another from the wife of one of the guys I volunteer with at the thrift shop. Although I would have gotten home faster if I flew, I opted to ride with R because I know it would make B happy if she had someone to ride with and we got to know each other better. Besides, we were able to hit up the Polish deli and the Lithuanian Bakery and bring more food home than if I was to have flown. I pretty much blew my ticket - although I cancelled it ahead of time and have a year to use that flight, it will cost me $200 to activate that ticket and the entire round trip fare was only $220 so unless the flights go up drastically - which they can, that leg of the trip is probably just down the tubes. I'm glad the 9 hour drive went faster than I thought it would - I hate being in the car that long and by the end of the trip my tailbone was complaining from sitting too long. I did enjoy my trip for the most part, Mom was very glad I was able to come - she said she enjoyed the company. Didn't get to see everyone I wanted to and my biggest concern was just too much sitting around (both at my Mom's and my sister's houses) - but it did give us great opportunities for long conversations. I am very happy to see that I did not gain any weight - a big concern of mine. I enjoyed some Chicago food but did not overeat and in some cases while I enjoyed the food, it wasn't that stupendous so I must be losing my taste for some things. DH happily scarfed down the bbq ribs I brought him back last night. We changed our pontoon ride until tomorrow - good thing as not only am I jet lagged but it is pouring something mad out there. Heavy downpours of rain so I hope tomorrow's 20 percent chance of rain will dissipate to nothing.

It did feel good to sleep in my own bed last night and my arthritis aches are not nearly as intense as they were in the city.

Susie - I hope all goes well for DH and his ablation. He will look pretty wretched today but should be back to himself in 24 hours. I sincerely hope this is successful for him. I'm sorry to hear of your IC flare - I hope it calms down quickly. I like your 3rd suggestion for the September title - I am hoping myself to make strides in several areas now that I'm back and settled in for a bit.

Michelle - you are doing so well with your commitment to surgery - I'm sure you will be very successful. Although I am not a big fan of the surgical route, I would never question someone else's choice for the procedure - I truly understand where you are coming from. I think I hit a speed bump on this decade birthday in that the arthritis is here to stay and is giving me mobility issues too so I am committed to doing some things to get in a better place. I do enjoy the Extreme Weightloss tv show but I realize I don't have capability to get through a bootcamp routine as the people on the show do. So I understand how you are totally motivated to work on your back pain, yet limited in the range of motion and intensity needed to get the weight off quickly. Something has to happen and I can see how this is a good choice among limited choices for you. Everything you are doing keeps you going in a positive direction and you know it's not an easy thing or a quick fix so I'm sure you will pass your eval with flying colors! I sure hope you can get your surgery date scheduled soon. How exciting to have a 2 week vacation to look forward to. And no, I am not working the Thrift Shop this weekend - I will return after the holiday although they did call me today looking for bank deposit books...

Shad - are you looking forward to the onset of summer? I'm sorry to hear of the breakup of a long term friendship but I keep going back to the friends for a reason, friends for a season... I hope it was just a time to end things and not an injustice which brought this about although I too have walked away from friendships when it seemed like I was the only one interested in maintaining it. What's this about a bathroom update? Is this a second bathroom as I remember you remodeling one a few years back (with some lovely blue tiles ...)

Laura - bummer on losing the tree but it seems as if periodically there are pests which ruin the tree population. We lost oaks and something else on our parkway. I was sitting on the front stairs at my Mom's and noticed how the tiny twig of a tree the city planted a few years ago has blossomed into a nice shade tree. So I'd probably wait and see what the city puts in for you. It will probably grow rather quickly in 5 years if you can wait it out. Sad to lose mature trees though. Yay for getting out early today. Hope you can make the 3:30 even if it's a local train. Sorry we did not get an opportunity to meet up but as you said, there will be other chances.

Terra - a salad making class sounds like lots of fun. I hope you got some new ideas. I like Zesty Italian dressing myself.

Ceejay - happy belated birthday. So you have set your retirement date at long last? A year will go by very quickly. But it gives you a good chance to get some things in place, purging where needed and picking up some things in advance of your new career as a retiree I hope you have a great trip this weekend. Take care of yourself and that bronchitis!

Annie - I hope C's daughters show up for dinner and don't disappoint the poor guy. OR waste your grocery money. I hope you enjoy this last week of "vacation" before you hit the bricks in the work world and get sapped into another routine again. Make the most of every last minute before you are too tired again.

Such a dreary, cold and rainy day - DH and the kitties are all snoozing. Well I guess this will make the big job of weeding the unused garden bed so much easier when I get to it on Sunday. There's a big mess in the basement too - DH was sealing the floor and stuff is tossed about. He removed 2 walls of poorly constructed shelving from the prior owner but replaced it with only about 1/3 of the amount of much better sturdy shelving. He will have a fit when I tell him that's not enough for a food pantry AND storage. I also read 2 books when I was in the city - The Fault With Our Stars which was so-so until I got to page 200 and then I really enjoyed it and I also read a long, but interesting book by Jodi Piccoult - The Storyteller. It has to do with a girl who's grandmother was in a concentration camp during World War II. It really was a good story and this comes from someone who has a lot of problems finding a book to hold my interest.

I guess that's about it for me, I was going to go take a shower but it's thundering out there and I am not keen on showering with lightning in the vicinity. We are on the edge of some rough storms so hopefully there will be a break when I can dash in the bath.

Hope you all have a good weekend - safe travels if you are out and about. It's good to be back.

Talk to you later chicks...
Old 08-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #184  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all to a beautiful South East Queensland winter/spring day. It's warm out there - around 22-23C and little breeze. My wee tomatoes are starting to leap out of the ground and will need tying up again soon. The lettuces are going great guns. The rest is moving slowly along. I should be able to pick lettuce leaves next week. It will have to wait however until I have finished the last pack of purchased leaves. Waste not, want not.
Out the front the Azaleas are putting on a bit of a show and I really need to get into that garden and finish putting soil and bricks and watering in. It's a long term project and it will take a long time. I don't want to get anyone in to do it since it is stuff I can do myself even if it takes some time.

Happy - good to see you home safe and sound. I'm sure you will get to use the ticket at some point. 200 sounds an awful lot of cancellation fee - especially considering they have your money. Normally it only costs me around $38 to change a flight or put it on hold.

Ceejay - happy travels, hope you have a good time with the family.

Susie - hope the DH is well and recovering from his procedure. Worrying time, but I am sure he is in good hands.

Michelle - a 3 day work week and then 10 days off. Sounds like a good time. Do yourself a favour and don't pack heavy. I always work on the theory that there are Laundromats and friends who have laundries so regardless of whether I am away for 2 weeks or 6 weeks, I only pack enough clothes for 5 days. Then I add one pair of good shoes, one pair of sandals - depending on season, 1 pair sneakers and my boots. If I know that I will be doing some walking, the tramping boots get in too. Then there is a jacket/ raincoat in case of cold temps and weather, one outfit for wearing at night and my washbag. My carry on contains jewellery, kindle, cosmetics (of which there are few and travel size) a spare set of underwear and my shoulder bag has my money, travel papers and phone/s and tissues. The whole lot comes to less than 15Kg usually (about 33lbs).

Laura - A new tree is wonderful. It will grow up pretty fast too especially if it is native to the area. I often buy tube stock of shrubs and trees (seedlings). Cost very little. Might be a good thing that you missed ww this week by the sound of it.

Annie - Hope the company did arrive and on time and bringing gifts of great pleasure. I can hope can't I?

Terra - how's the walking going, are you getting plenty in. Unfortunately the only way to lose weight successful is when the expenditure of energy out is greater than that going in. Sad but true.

Okay - I'd better get on with my day. Oh yes, I meant to mention to Michelle that when she posted yesterday, it was 5.00am in my morning. So you are close to 18 hours behind us.

Gotta go. The kitchen, lounge and garden awaits.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #185  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. It has been a long day. The ablation was successful and DH is doing well. He has been up and brushed his teeth and washed his face. He said it made him feel human. He just got the catheter out so we are waiting on his first "go".

I have been up almost 21 hours ! Heading to bed in a minute. I am sure that we will be woke up several times in the night. I am looking forward to sleeping in my bed tomorrow.

Thank you for all your prayers, thoughts and support. You all have been wonderful!

I will do personals tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #186  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Annie ~ Yeah its always a fun class to belong to.

Laura ~ If I get up early I only take one day during the day. The salad was very good.

Michelle ~ Yeah that would suck to wake up at 3:30 and then not be able to go back to sleep until 4 and then have to wake up at 6 am.

Happy ~ Actually its not a "Salad making" class, Its a cooking class but we just had "build your own salads" Thursday, Thats what we chose to make in cooking class.

Shad ~ Yeah Im getting at least 4 miles a day except for 1 or 2 days when I take the day off from working out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been up since 7 A.M. which has only been for 30 mins. Anyway I didnt set my alarm so I didnt wake up earlier enough to get woken up before going for my walk. Oh well I'll be sure to work out to my dvd at 9 am and then I'll work out again at noon and then again at 6 or 6:30 tonight. I also need to fold my clothes and put them in my dressers. I have a bad habit of just leaving my clean clothes in the basket after Scott brings them up from downstairs which is where the laundry room is and they sometimes get wrinkled so I really need to start folding them and putting them away as soon as Scott brings them up.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

A quick check in for me. Stayed in Branson last night. Getting ready o go eat breakfast. I'll probably gain 10 pounds this week end. Oh well.

Happy
Glad you made it back home

More later.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #188  
Turning Into A New Woman

I woke up at 5 am but I fall back asleep after I turned off my alarm and when I woke up again it was 5:30 am so I got up, Its now about 6:30 am, Im gonna go for my morning walk at 7 am and then at noon I'll work out to my dvd and then at 6 or 6:30 pm I'll work out to my dvd again after mom goes to bed. I need to clean the bathroom today, I cleaned it Tuesday but I've noticed that it needs cleaned again. I still need to fold my clothes and put them in my drawers I'll do that today too. Well those are all of my plans for today. I hope everyone has an awesome day today.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #189  

Height: 5'7"

Hello. We got home from the hospital yesterday and slept most of the afternoon. You don't get much sleep at the hospital.

We stayed home from church today. I don't want to tire DH out to much and we are going to Walmart this afternoon to buy groceries so I thought that would be enough for him today.

I just finished paying bills and filing things in my home office.

Terra: You are so disciplined with your workouts. I need to get that way again with mine. I have cleaning the bathroom on my to-do-list today as well.

Happy: You were right, DH didn't look to good that first day but is looking more normal today. I'm glad you have made it home from your trip. You will be returning to your routine soon.

Ceejay: Enjoy your trip! and try not to gain 10 lbs! maybe 2-3?

Shad: I'm staring to get jealous that you are moving into spring as our summer is ending. Will you be starting to get out and take your walks? I remember you did a lot of walking hills it seemed last year.

Laura: What are you doing this holiday weekend?

Michelle: Remind me again when your trip is? I know it is coming up soon.

Anne: What are your plans for this upcoming week? I know it is your last one before going to work.

I must get going and get this bathroom cleaned and hope to get the kitchen swept and mopped too.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #190  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Sunday everyone.

I have a terrible cold and I am such a bad patient - no tolerance for illness. I will post later - going to hop in the shower and hope it clears my head up. Later folks... have a good weekend.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #191  
Turning Into A New Woman

Susie ~ Thanks, Thats cool that you put the clean the bathroom on your to do list for today too.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #192  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Spring has sprung. It has been warm today. If this sticks around it will be a blazing summer on the way.

I had to go to the doctor today because I had found some lumps on the old body. Two of them had been there for a while, and were not painful, but one came up rapidly, in a very embarrassing place and was painful. Given that I have that skin condition (lichen schlerosis) which can turn bad in some people, I wasn't very happy about this lump so off I went to see what it was. Apparently I have an infection and some discharge as well so I got a pap smear at the same time. This is turning into medical month again! The skin scan was more or less fine - one sunspot (my first), I've had the eyes checked, the teeth checked, now the skin and tomorrow I have a mammogram lined up. Great!!!!! I shall be very tired of the medical profession by tomorrow. Which reminds me I have to fill in a questionnaire for that before I go, so that will need to be done tonight. I best go do it now before I forget. So I will be back with personals tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #193  

Everything is going well. We had a big birthday celebration yesterday. All the nephews and families were here. My niece came later in the day. And my step niece came to church then came to the house afterwards.

I woke up to thunder and lightening early this morning and it's started again.

My doctor gave me an injection with antibiotics to take. I'm feeling a lot better. I've had a deep cough but that's better also.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #194  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay - The birthday celebration sounds nice. Glad you're feeling better. I'm sure you didn't gain 10 pounds during this trip, LOL. Are you heading home yet? Safe travels!

Shad - That's a lot of medical appointments! Glad the skin scan was mostly good, and sounds like the other lump has been addressed. Hope it's gone soon. I think I spread my appointments evenly throughout the year so I don't tire of it.

Happy - Sorry you caught a cold. I hope it's gone soon. Are you back in your routines? Did you get to go out on the pontoon boat yet?

Susie - I'm glad your dh's ablation went well. Hope he's getting plenty of rest. Can he go back to work this week?? We haven't done much this long weekend, but we did go to a festival that we go to every year. We met up with some friends, and of course we always run into someone we know. This time it was a couple I know from my Relay for Life team.

Terra - Ugh, that's the problem with housework - it keeps needing to be done.

Michelle - Hope you have most of your trip preparation done so you're not running around this week.

That's about it for now! Off to eat a late lunch/early dinner.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #195  

My plans are to head home in the morning if the rain clouds doesn't hinder me. I have permission to stay another day if the weather is nasty tomorrow.
Not much else is going on.
I'm pooped.
Closed Thread