Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #151  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Can you guys believe its the last week of Aug. already? It went by so fast.

Susie ~ Yeah I agree, I just hope it doesnt fall apart on me cause I didnt look at the youtube video before I started it

CJ ~ Yeah I usually go to bed and get up at the same time also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 3 am again this morning. So I definitely probably take a nap later on today. As with each morning I already have my morning duties done. Right now Im about to fix breakfast, Its 5:30 am right now. My plans for today is to FINALLY get the bathroom cleaned and hopefully I FINALLY get 5 miles in. At 2:30 pm we're gonna go to Walmart to do some food and non food shopping and those are all my plans for today.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-25-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #152  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I had a good weekend. I spent most of it at home for a change. I went to the gym both days and came home and did website work, and then went to the dog park in the evening.

I'm looking forward to the long weekend coming up as we get next Monday off for Labor Day. And then I'm taking my road trip vacation from 9/5 - 9/14, and I'm really looking forward to that!

=============================

Shad - I wish you could've sent some of that rain our way, but I guess you need it too. Thanks for the clarification on "shouting". Is Ds's cat still there? Do that cat and Sunday get along?

Terra - Wow, waking up at 3 am would suck! I don't sleep in too late on the weekends, maybe an extra hour or so. I find that when I do stay in bed too long, I either wake up with a headache or backache or both. With the extra time from waking up early, I hope you can get your cleaning done and also get your walking in.

Susie - Bummer that your DH had to work over the weekend. Good for you for coming up with the idea to create a to do list of things you can complete in an hour and to do those when you feel like snacking or feel a craving coming on. For years I would choose not to track my eating when I wasn't on plan, like if I didn't write it down the calories wouldn't count. Sort of like, if no one saw me eating the ice cream, the calories wouldn't count. I'm so glad you got me using MFP. I really like using it to help me figure out the best options...sometimes it's really shocking when something that's seems relatively healthy ends up being off the charts in carbs, fats or sodium. I did pretty well at eating healthy both Saturday and Sunday, and then the evening came around and after the dog park I got an ice cream...I have GOT to stop that.

Happy - I hope you're enjoying your time with your mom.

Laura - I love pizza. I just wish it didn't have so many carbs. I've heard of a recipe making pizza crust out of mashed up cauliflower. It sounds weird to me, but maybe I'll try it one of these days. Glad you had a nice time on the lake cruise. My ex and I did the Chicago architecture river cruise a few years ago, which was really nice. OMG, just reading about your Jazzercise class routines has my legs hurting. I was doing lunges yesterday, but more for balance. I did that and also stood on one foot (which was on a wobbly pad). It was very challenging, but I really need to work on my balance. Glad you had a nice cookout with your friend.

Ceejay - I understand your aunt's concern, but you need to do what's right for you...whether that's to stay or move sometime in the future. I know you're under stress right now with your home situation. Do you have a friend or minister/pastor you can talk with? I hope your sore throat is better today.

Annie - I hope you had a great time celebrating your DS's birthday! Did your daughter, Chris and the boys come over too?

Well, gotta sign off for now! Here's to a great week for all of us!

Much love,
Old 08-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I probably should not have done it but I wrote my aunt and uncle an email this morning stating that I'm 64 years old and make my own decisions. I want an apology for the way my aunt acted yesterday. And I did get a phone call this morning but I'm not taking personal phone calls at work. I know this may not be good since they are both in their 80's but I don't have to put up with it. I told them I forgave them both and will forget it even if they do not produce an apology. I'm tired of people young or old trying to take over my life. I don't really blame my uncle at all and I hope this will not cause hardship on him. I know how she is.
I read on FB this morning that my niece was updating her earthquake supplies. I was concerned as she lives in Fresno.
I'm not in the mood to post right now but every one have a good day.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #154  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - I understand your wanting to send an email to your aunt and uncle. I'm sure their trying to control your life is just out of concern and love, and I understand how you feel too. You're absolutely right to want to make your own decisions. As for your niece, it's good she's updating her earthquake supplies even though the earthquake was 200 miles away. It's always important to be prepared as after a big earthquake some people go for days without water or electricity. I really should have an earthquake supply kit containing water, a flashlight, a blanket (for during the winter) and things like tuna and other food that doesn't need to be refrigerated or heated. Candles aren't good because sometimes big earthquakes can break gas lines.

The earthquake in Napa would've been much worse if it had happened further south in a more densely populated area. The Napa area is more rural (mostly farms and of course, vineyards).
Old 08-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #155  
Creating a Healthier Me

Last one here yesterday...first one here today. So rare that this happens to me. I just have to say a big

I dropped another pound and I am now within the range to complete the pre-surgery "test" which my surgeon and insurance require of its patients to show that we've read the informational binder, and we know the inherent risks and major lifestyle changes associated with surgery. And we know what to do to get and keep the weight off and what behaviors will put the weight back on even with a smaller stomach. I mailed my completed test yesterday and will hopefully hear from them later this week or early next week to schedule the psych evaluation, which they do to make sure we know that surgery by itself won't take the weight off or keep the weight off. There are lifestyle changes, challenges, and they want to make sure we are aware that we will have to follow the vitamin and eating regimen forever. Anyway, I'm thrilled to be within 5 pounds of my surgery weight!!! I know they're backlogged for psych evaluations, but I'm still hoping to have mine in September or October and hopefully have surgery in November!

Tonight is yoga. I'm hoping to find time for some cardio, and since I probably won't have time to hit the gym, I will try for a short walk at lunch time and after yoga.

Last edited by diyana; 08-26-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #156  

Afternoon all.

Michelle – Congrats for being within five pound of your surgery weight!! Hope you can get the evaluation done on your timeline. Re emergency supply kits – everyone everywhere should have one – you never know what can happen. Sad to see what happened to Napa (just so happens my friend B and her hubby were out there on vacation – they’re fine, but may cut short their trip). But it’s good it wasn’t a more populous area! Re those wobbly boards – those are tough! But you can just feel your body’s muscles working to maintain its balance!!

Ceejay – I’m sure you’re aunt and uncle were just concerned and scared for you, but it’s your life and how you handle that incident with your neighbor is your decision. Re Jazzercise, the class is an hour long and consists of a warmup routine and then the cardio routines for 40 min, building up the intensity and then coming back down. After that are about 3-4 strength routines – that’s where that squat/lunge routine fell. Other strength routines include using hand weights and doing ab/core work. The class ends with a cooldown/stretching routine.

Terra – I hope you’re catching up on your sleep after waking up so early over the weekend! Have you been getting your walking miles in? Re the quilt – nope, sewing and quilting are definitely two different things! My bf and I visited his niece in Paducah, KY a while back and they have a wonderful quilt museum there. Some of those quilts were pieces of art, but I also loved seeing the ones that gave you a bit of history, just by the type of fabric used.

Susie – That’s a really good idea to have a list of to-do’s for when you feel like you’re wanting to eat – good way to distract yourself and accomplish something you need to do anyway.

Shad – Hope the weather’s been cooperating with your outdoor activities. There’s never an end to what needs to be done out in the yard!

Happy – I hope all is well at your mom’s place. Too bad you couldn’t catch that ride home with your cousin. At least you’ve been lucking out today and yesterday with the weather– the rain coming through has kept the extreme heat at bay. Re WW, my current monthly pass is good until 9/6, so I have two more meetings to attend now. Re Meijer’s – I agree, they really do have a good selection of items.

Hi Annie!
==
I forgot to mention that I lost 0.4 pounds at WW last Thursday. Eating has been off track the past several days, so I better watch myself or I’ll end up with a gain this week.

Yesterday I got outside early and finally weeded and then Preened the other landscape bed in front of the house. Now it needs to have mulch spread on it. I puttered the rest of the morning and in the afternoon we went to the eye doctor so bf could get his new eyeglass frames measured for lenses. After that we went to a Greek restaurant not too far away that I rarely get to visit anymore. Back at home, I walked the dog, and that was about it. TV and reading in the evening.

Today I got outside early again and trimmed the rest of the shrubs that needed it in the same landscape bed I weeded the day before. Now it’s ready for mulch. After that I did some more weeding in the backyard.

After a shower, I ran some errands – went to Costco for gas for the car and also picked up my contact lenses. I brought my cushy sport sandals to the shoe repair place – the Velcro doesn’t keep the sandal secure on my foot so I just had the strap stitched in place permanently. I stopped for a Danish at the bakery down the block (I'd skipped breakfast specifically so I could have that instead), then went on to the thrift shop. I ate part of the Danish in the car where I parked, then went into the shop.

I bought a stretchy top that’s really a layering piece for the winter, a small bird figurine, a pair of ankle height leather Enzo Angiolini boots, and an umbrella. Such a deal – everything was $13 and change. The boots were a particularly good buy – very good condition, couldn't have been worn much. The umbrella was needed because I’m almost positive I left mine on the train last Thursday. I’ll stop by the lost and found in the Metra station downtown, but I have a feeling I’m unlikely to get my umbrella back. Darn, it was a nice Totes umbrella. Oh well, the one I just bought cost me only $3 and it’s also a Totes brand.

Not sure what I’ll do with the rest of the day, but it’s almost lunch time. TTFN!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #157  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - How scary for your friend B and her husband to be in Napa during the quake. Earthquakes can be unsettling (pardon the pun) even for California natives. I can only imagine how scary it would be for a tourist. Napa has has several aftershocks the past couple days including some measuring over 3 today. I love going to quilt museums...some truly are works of art. My step-mother has made gorgeous quilts. Congrats on the loss at WW. The scale is going in the right direction for you. Are you off work all week? You have me drooling over your Danish for breakfast. Wow! You really got some great deals at the thrift shop.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #158  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Sweet sisters

I know I have NOT been posting personals...just so much going on and my time is limited.

Just started my second batch of salsa. Not much to work with on garden since all I have gather lately is tomatos, jalepenos and banana peppers. So salsa it is. At least I can freeze it.

It is thundering and lightening at the moment, no rain as yet, but really do not need any...it has destroyed my garden. dang it.

HAPPY...yes on the chives...I cut them, wash them, let them dry, but not dried, then freeze them. I have given a batch to my DD and 3 of her neighbors. I just harvested a new batch last night and have no idea what to do with them other than freeze them. I am sure I will be greatful this winter.

LAURA...great job on the WL. You know a loss of any amount is better than a gain of any amount. Go with it....Scary on the earthquake for friend....glad everyone is ok.

CHELLE...so glad you are not in the line of fire on the forest fires. Man how scary. Glad that Santa is back under control and doing well. I am sure he enjoys the doggie park. Sassy will not even consider a leash....just flips over on her back and waits for you to carry her. Little stink,.

CEEG...really. I am so proud of you for sticking up for yourself...DO NOT take any kind of mistreatment from ANYONE. You are a grown woman and deserve fair treatment. Good for you sweet sister....

TERRA...good for you on not letting the sleep getting the best of you and going on with your routine....wtgg.

SUSIE...good for you not letting you hubby's work schedule not to derail you. Cleaning and getting things organized sometimes goes better when we are on our own. I am proud of you for forging on!

SHADDIE...the bd dinner for DS went well. We all had a good time. Hope you get all your projects done at home. Seems like when we finish a list it doesn't take too much to make a new list...bleh

Hope I have not left anyone out of personals... I suck as a posting sister, this I know. Know that I CARE AND LOVE you all....

My life....DDs dinner went well. Everyone had a wonderful time. He posted a great thank you on FB..

I am trying to keep up on the house and yard as I know once I go back to work things will change. Starting the job on Sept 8 is bittersweet. Enjoying my time off with the babies and kiddos but also looking forward to a paycheck. One more week at home then work will take over. Will wish for days off. I will at least feel like I am contributing to this household.

Have a great night/morning. sorry if I missed anyone..

Love and hugs.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #159  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
List is slowly lessening. Not that I can't think of other things to do with my time but I want this list finished before I start another.

The weather has gone back to being typical sub-tropical which means that things will start to grow in the garden and no doubt the weeds will too. Got to keep on top of that. there are many things around the house to do that will require money. I need new guttering (eavestroughs) and that won't be cheap. The bathroom requires redoing and I want to push one end of the house out to give me some more space in the bedrooms. Again more money even if I can do some of it myself.

Annie - good to see you back posting. Life has been a bit difficult for you I know and sometimes you don't want to post because you think that you put a downer on the rest of us, but it's okay. I don't post as much as I used to either.

Ceejay - glad you got that niggle off your chest. No point in changing addresses for the length of time you have left working. Shift once, when you are ready, and go where you want to be.

Laura - dang, losing the umbrella. I hate it when I leave things behind somewhere. Congrats on the weight loss.

Michelle - congrats on your weight loss too. Hope you get that psyche test done soon and can get on with the rest of the weight loss.

Hellos to Terra, Susie and Happy - wherever she may be.

I have a list of things to do today. Tomorrow I have a skin scan scheduled (try saying that fast) and I thought I might just go on and have a day out to see what's happening around the place. So tomorrows list should be done today as well. I also have an unpleasant job to do ending a 14 year friendship - well it was friendship on my account but apparently not on the other side. So be it.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #160  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Glad your DS's dinner went well. I understand about mixed emotions about the new job...but you'll still have time to see the kiddos and contributing to the family income as well.

Shad - So sorry to hear about the friendship. That's rough. But if it was only a one-sided relationship, it's probably for the best. I laughed about saying "skin scan scheduled" fast...but then the question popped into my head...do you say "scheduled" like it starts with an "sh" (the British way) or like it starts with an "sk" (the American way). Those are pretty expensive improvements you have on your list for when you have the money.

I just wanted to mention something...I really, really appreciate you wonderful ladies not saying anything like, "Michelle, you've lost 15 lbs already...don't you think you could lose the rest on your own without surgery?"

I just have so much to lose (100 lbs) and the sooner I lose it the better for my degenerative disks. I *might* be able to lose some of the weight on my own, but probably not all, and I honestly don't think I could keep it off without the surgically altered stomach.

Anyway, thanks!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm putting negative Nancy,my aunt, behind me and getting on with my life. Yes I understand that they were concerned, so was I. But life goes on, As of tomorrow I have 365 days until I can retire. I just didn't like her attitude. and I think she is having emotional trauma with me leaving. But like I said I don't have to deal with it.

Laura
I need to get my earthquake supply list together and start gathering things. After all I'm on the New Madrid fault line. You are right to have an emergency supply for any occasion. Bet your friends had a jolt of the nerves. We have had EQ's that big before also.

Michelle
Wow, getting close to the actual time for the weight loss surgery. That's great and I know you are excited. I'm pleased with all the work you have put forth for this goal. Thank you for your concern.

Annie
I'm glad you used the word mistreatment cause that's exactly what was going on. She honestly doesn't want me to go to my sisters in Missouri. With out getting into any details she sent my sister and bil to ****. That's what I really got upset with her about. She's very judge mental, a racist and a know it all. I've tolerated her all these years because of my uncle.

Shad
Good grief, girl. You are all time doing renovations. And yes my "niggle" of negative Nancy has been put behind me. I'm looking forward to visiting with my sister in Missouri this week end. I may spend a couple of extra days this time.

hello to Susie, Terra and Happy

It's time for the light office to pass over the phone so I'll close for now. More later
Old 08-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #162  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Birthday, Ceejay!!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #163  
Creating a Healthier Me

A really quick check in as I have lots of projects to work on today.

I'm totally doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!! The Bariatric Coordinator called me yesterday afternoon and I have the psych eval for the weight loss surgery on September 15!!!! Granted, I have to drive 2 hours each way to Sacramento for the appointment...but heck, not a problem. I'm happy to do that if it means I get to have the surgery sooner! Looks like I might even meet my timeline of an October or November surgery!

==========================
Ceejay - You're right. You don't have to deal with negative people. I find that I don't necessarily need to tell them off. I try and just let their words and negativity roll off me like water off a duck's back as they say. Your aunt has the right to feel the way she feels about you moving to Missouri. Apparently she's made it clear how she feels to you...but you have the right to do what you want with your life.

Not everyone agrees with my decision to have weight loss surgery. There is a woman I know who attends the same woman's group I go to every other week. She weighs probably close to 400 and is proud to be a part of the Beautiful Big Women's movement. And I have nothing but positive things to say about the Beautiful Big Women's movement. Bravo to those women who feel comfortable in their own skin and beautiful at any weight!! I'm doing this for my health and mobility. She made some very judgmental comments when I mentioned I'm having surgery. She said why would you amputate your stomach? I was shocked into silence when she said that. But it really bothered me for a couple weeks. The next time I saw her. I explained in a very nice way using "I" statements that I felt judged when she said that, and that this is a decision I have made and she definitely has the right not to agree with it or support it, and I have the right to do it anyway because it is my life. She apologized for her judgmental statement, and we are now able to get together without all the tension and negativity. She respects my decision to have the surgery, and I respect her right to have her own opinion.

Okay...enough rambling....Time to get some work done. I'm still so thrilled that I'll be able to check another thing off the pre-surgery checklist by mid-September!!

Much love,

Last edited by diyana; 08-27-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #164  

Happy birthday Ceejay!!

Old 08-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #165  

Morning all.*

Michelle – Glad the timing of the eval is working for you!!* You’ve done serious thinking and research about this surgery – who am I to judge your decision?* All I want for you is to be healthy and be able to enjoy your life.* * No, I’m not off work all week.* I just took off work yesterday and*today.*

Ceejay – Oh, so it’s not just the incident with the neighbor that bothers your aunt, it’s also the planned move to MO after you retire.* Oh well, same thing – your life, your decision.* They’ll have to adjust.* Change isn’t easy.* So now you’re getting closer and closer to retirement – how exciting for you!!!* Hope you enjoy the time with your sister this weekend.* Re the emergency supplies – I know many people don’t even think of it, or just push it off to do “someday”.* If it was something I could just do and then forget about, that would be fine.* But if you gather a few gallons of water and some non-perishable food items, those things would still have to be switched out occasionally so it doesn’t get too old just sitting there.* I wouldn’t want to eat a tuna packet or peanut butter that’s been sitting around for five years, LOL.*

Annie – Glad DS’s bday dinner went well.* Countdown is on for your new job.* How will the commute be?* Is it closer or further than the old job?* Enjoy these last couple weeks!!

Shad – Those are some big projects you have in mind!* Sorry to hear about ending the long-term friendship, but people change and so do their priorities.* Why keep it up if it’s no longer making both people happy?*

Hi Terra, hi Happy!
==

Saw the movie “If I Stay” last night.* Nothing special, felt longer than it was.* Pretty sad too.* I don’t recommend it.*

Meeting a work buddy for lunch.* It’s quiet around here – two dept members are out of the officetoday.* Nice to have a short week this week, and then a long weekend coming up.*

No plans*tonight.* My forearms are sore*today*from using the shrub trimmer yesterday.* Oh well, at least that’s done.* A lot more to do though…* TTFN!

Closed Thread