View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Way To Relax?
A Long Hot Bubble Bath 2 28.57%
A Quite Walk 0 0%
Reading A Good Book 2 28.57%
Having a Couple Of Drinks 1 14.29%
Going For A Massage 0 0%
Going For A Drive 0 0%
Watching Television 2 28.57%
Sitting Outside In The Shade 0 0%
Fishing 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 06:58 AM   #16  
Carol

Good Morning.

LIFE'S GIFT

You cannot avoid effort, for avoiding effort is itself an effort. What you can do is to make your efforts count for something, something as grand and magnificent as you can imagine.

Life will ask something of you each and every moment. The more willingly and graciously you give what life asks of you, the more positive value you'll receive as a result. That which life asks of you is also life's gift to you. Those places where you spend the most effort, where you give the most of yourself, are the places where you'll realize the most value.

Sadly, too many people miss out on the best that life has to offer when they attempt to avoid challenge and discomfort. By so doing they end up making their lives even more challenging and even more uncomfortable.

Life is persistent and generous in providing you with plenty of nourishment and opportunity. So the challenges will continue to come your way until you're ready to make something truly grand and meaningful out of them.

Give what life asks, promptly and enthusiastically. And you'll experience the very best that life has to give.

Hugs
Carol
Old 07-28-2003, 07:29 AM   #17  
Carol

Happy Monday All My Floozie Friends!!!

The beginning of a new week and a new attitude!! I haven't been giving 100% to staying OP lately, but I am awaking the day with a new attitude and strength to go forward on the downward trend of my weight!!!!

Now that my husband's 30 year high school reunion and the inlaws family reunion this past weekend are over I can look forward to controling my eating a bit better.

I even managed to lose back 1/2 lb that I had gained!!! So onward I go to a new day!!!

Shelley: I am so sorry for your family's lost. Mike is in my prayers as are all of you.

Ramona: How is the new haircut!! Can't wait to see it. Sometimes just a little change can make a big difference in our lives, in how we feel and how we look at life. You go girl!!

Sherry & Debbie: Pool party!! How wonderful for you!!! You two are so lucky to live so close together. I envy you both!!!

Gayle: How did the weekend go? I am sure you didn't stray off plan too much. You jumped right back OP now.. Right!!

No time to post to everyone right now, but I am thinking of you and you are in my heart!!!

Hugs to all
Carol

Last edited by Carol101; 07-28-2003 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:13 AM   #18  

Hi all! Well, I ended up just getting a trim and some shorter layers throughout. I'm really the only one who can even tell I had anything done. She razor cut the ends on the bottom layers and thinned it out a bit. She and I discussed it and decided it might be best to wait until after the reunion to do any really big changes. She is going to color it and put in highlights in a few weeks.

We haven't gotten the certified letter yet, but there was a blurb on TV news last night about the 39th being activated...still nervously waiting.

Did you hear that Bob Hope died? All the really great ones seem to be going all of a sudden.

I'll be back to post more later.

Oh yeah, Shelley, the twins are simply adorable!!!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:42 AM   #19  
Losing it!

Hello Chick-a-dee's!!!! How's my favorite group of women today???

I hope everyone had a nice weekend, it was and still is, hot here, in the triple digits!

Shelley: Please express my sympathy to Mike on the loss of his Grandfather. I am also sending prayers your way to the family, when's the funeral?

Shelley: The kids on the photo page are SWEETHEARTS! I loved their grins!

Vickster: I hope life get's better for you. Know that we are here to offer support, encouragement or a soft shoulder to cry on if needed.

Sherry: Who's that "hot chick" and "young stud" I seen on the photo page???? You guys are WAY CUTE!!!! I loved your senior picture! You two also made a very attractive wedding couple! Can you remember how much you weighed in that pic? You look very thin!

Well, as I told you, I went off plan over the weekend. So, this is CHEAT FREE day 1 for me...(again!)
Old 07-28-2003, 10:46 AM   #20  
Losing it!

Ramona: I agree, better to probably wait until after the reunion for anything drastic. I bet you will love the ends of your hair razor cut. I have a hard time around here finding anyone that likes to do a razor cut. I will keep you in my prayers, at least no news at this point, is good news.

Carol: Yea, I blew it big time! But back on plan today and drinking water by the gallons!
Old 07-28-2003, 11:54 AM   #21  

Gayle I had an eating fest this weekend too! I think it started when I read you had a dounut. lol Larry had bought some so I had to go get one. Even though I had one at lunch. Back to the real world now!

On saturday we went on a Jamaican cruise down our murky river. It was a full boat that rocked the night away. We had a marvelous time. It was 3:00 when we climbed into bed. Those wild nights keep me quiet for a few days. Like lazy or what. Just building up stamina for the next time. We just hung out at the pool yesterday and read out books. I am reading The Last Don. Very good book, it was published awhile back. I was too tired even to go out for dinner. We just ordered in chinese. Man it is hot here. Definitely need to have a swim today.

Ok girls lets give it all we got this way. Let our motivation combine and give us all great strenght to have a great weight loss week.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:57 AM   #22  

Oh yes one more thing, please try baking the cookie recipe I posted. It is very satisfying and healthy. You really couldn't eat more than one of the cookies there is so much fiber in them that you are full after one. Fiber helps you lose weight so it is a no lose situation eating cookies and losing weight! I chalenge you to try them you won't be sorry!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:36 PM   #23  

Shelley, I am so sorry for the loss of Mike's Grandfather. It sounds like they were very close.

Gayle, just get back on that pony and ride. You can do it girl...now put down that donut!!!

Dee, it sounds like you had a lovely stress free weekend. Good for you! NOW, you put down that donut too!!!

Carol, way to go on losing even during a class reunion. Bravo for you!

Well, in the last 8 days, I have lost 8 pounds. I was super good over the weekend which if difficult to say the least. I drank SO much liquid, I couldn't stay out of the bathroom long enough to eat!!! I ordered the cakes for my parent's anniversary party which will be August 31st. I WILL be having a small piece of each!

I have to finish printing invitations, so I'll check back later on.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:46 PM   #24  

Sgt. Jackson just called...it is official, they are going to Iraq. I suddenly feel very.....empty.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:18 PM   #25  

Oh Ramaona my heart is with you. Here is a {{{{BIG HUG}}}} for you. Is it Ben that is going?

Well it really wasn't a stress free weekend. I just didn't want to get in to that. Let's just put it this way. Dez and a friend came on the cruise with us. We allowed her to have 4 drinks, well she didn't stop and was totally out of control towards the end of the cruise. Larry just watched her dirty dance and flirt with all these young men and he just cringed. Oh well that is all I am going to say. She is in trouble again for not listening and following rules.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:35 PM   #26  
Losing it!

Am I dreaming?????? Where the heck is the post that Ramona and I wrote?? It was here??????
Old 07-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #27  
Losing it!

I actually am sane, even though you guys may not believe it! I checked a few minutes ago and the postings that Ramona and I wrote were gone! I posted my message, then all of them showed up! Maybe I am nuts... If you don't hear back from me, then you know they hauled me off in the little bus to the big house where everyone wears special little "jackets"

Ramona: Do you have any word yet when the boys may be leaving? Let us know when you find out. My heart aches for you, I can only imagine being a mother and knowing that my child is leaving under these conditions.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:15 PM   #28  

Hey

I've been over at a friends house swimming today. It's about to rain now but I got about 3 hours of sun in.

Hubby got hurt at work today. Him & his boss was working on a tow motor and Wayne was holding it up for his boss to release a spring. Well the spring broke and it fell on his hand.It cut his index finger and thumb.He has several stitches in both and he lost his thumb nail.He's ok now thank goodness.He's also very happy right now...... they have him on CODEINE!

Ramona,
I know how nervous you must be right now.I couldn't imagine how it would feel to have a child go to Iraq.I wish I could hug you! I know you'll be on pins & needles for awhile but please remember, We're here for you!! WTG on the 8 lbs!!!! So proud of you!!!!!!!!!

Gayle,
I laughed so hard at your post! The little bus! You're a hoot!! I'm so glad you aren't eating doughnuts now!! They are out of your system now! I'm glad you're right back OP!!! To answer you question: When I married Wayne, I weighed about 130 lbs!! I never had a weight problem at all until I had Drew. But he was all worth it!!!

Dee,
I'm so sorry that you're under so much stress with Dez.I do worry about you a lot. Leave it to me, to be the one to ask..but how old is Dez? I'm not a big drinker at all, maybe 4-5 times a year and I do know that 4 drinks would put me under the table! How long has she been drinking? Could her drinking be whats causing her to be the way she is? I'm not trying to be nosey or judge (please believe that!) But I was only trying to help you figure out why she acts the way she does. PLEASE know I care about you and I'm so worried what will happen to YOU if Dez doesn't get a hold of herself or get help from somewhere!! Love you!!!

Carol,
WTG on that 1/2 pound!!!!! WTG!!!! I knew you would get it back off!!!!!

Shelley,
The twins are soooooooo cute!!!!!!! Please know that I'm thinking of you & Mike today!

Dee (Titan),
Got pictures of those babies yet to post?

Vicki,
Whatever is going on in your life right now, Please know that we're here for you.God won't let you have more then you can take. Take Care sweetie.

Jeanne & Doni,
Where are you???????

Debbie,
Are you ready to work the Titans scrimmage Sat? I think I'm getting ready to work now!!!! I miss the games and the MONEY!! Did ya'll go pool shopping today?

Jennelle,
Do they give the teachers there $100.00 for setting their rooms up? They do at our Schools. When do ya'll start back? I go back on Monday the 4th of August.The kids start on the 11th.

Cheryl,
Hope you're having a great vacation!!!

Later........HUGS!

Last edited by Sherry; 07-28-2003 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:49 PM   #29  

Ramona- My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. I'm here if you need to talk!

Sherry-Sorry about Wayne's finger. Hopefully it won't hurt in the next day or 2.

Dee-Has Dez been acting okay at home, even though she was difficult on the cruise? Don't forget the ultimatim you gave her.

Vicki-We are all here for you! I'm sending prayers your way!

Looks like we all need some comforting right now!

Okay Gayle, we believe you!!

I feel a hot flash coming on!! Talk to you later!
Old 07-28-2003, 05:59 PM   #30  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Good afternoon Girls

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday afternoon.

Sherry.....I hope Wayne is alright. Please tell him to take it easy for a few days {like you know what that is...LOL} We have sit around most of the day waiting for the loan girl to call us. We were afraid to go pool shopping, didn't want to miss her call. I love the little girl in the pool, kinda looks like Katelyn!!

Ramona.....I can't imagine how you feel but know that we are here for you. Sending hugs your way!!

Gayle....Me and you are so much alike...I would die for a donut...LOL. I try to work some kind of dessert into my plan each day and with WW it's so easy. I'm glad your back on plan today!!

Dee.....Kids!!! When oh when will they be grown?? There is no
easy answers when raising and dealing with our own children. You can always come here and find shoulder if you need it. I agree with Sherry 3 beers is usually my limit. Please don't let this make you sick again. We love you!!

Carol......WTG on the weight loss!! I weight tomorrow and I guess I will see if those extra {beverages...lol} hurt me or not.

Shelley....The twins are so cute!! How is work going? My inservice starts this Wednesday, man I am dreading it so much!! Give Mike a hug for me, losing a grandparent is tough!

Doni, Vicki, Jeanne, Jennelle, and Cheryl....How is your plan going? Hope everything is OK with you.

Got to finish supper!!

Hugs...debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 07-28-2003 at 06:02 PM.
Closed Thread