Old 07-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #136  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Michelle ~ Thanks for commenting on my quilt, I will keep walking.

Laura ~ Thanks for commenting on my quilt, I hope the mattress topper makes my back also.

Shad ~ Yes it is, Thanks for commenting on my quilt.

CJ ~ Thanks

I woke up at 6:00 AM, I hoped that my alarm would wake me up but I woke up before my alarm clock went off. Oh well I guess. So far today I've done my every morning stuff which is let Clyde outside and give him fresh food and water and take my pills. Right now Im posting on this forum along with another forum and browsing penpal ads while watching t.v. My plans for today is to go to my meeting and get my walk in tonight and thats it.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #137  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I thought I would try to post early before my work takes over my life! Also by coming early hopefully it will keep my “taking care of me, and get this weight off” thought process front and center with me.
I read through your posts and will now do personals.

Ceejay: How nice that you have everything back in place after the new flooring is now down. You asked about the fit bit and if I have to enter results. No, I don’t need to do that. When I download it, it goes right into my profile that I created on the fit bit site. I am able to link it to My Fitness pal so when I put my food in there, it takes it over to my fit bit page.

Laura: Loved the car picture. With all the yard work you are doing think of all the toning you are doing to your body! How did your volunteer project go? What was the project?
Terra: I was so excited to see the picture of the quilt and the progress that you have made. You mentioned that you are browsing pen pal ads. Are you looking for a pen pal?

Happy: How did things turn out with the eye doctor and the repair of your glasses?

Michelle: Yes, there is a castle in Cincinnati. It is called Loveland Castle. You can google it. I’m not near Sandusky—it’s about 3 hours away from me, more up in northern Ohio.

Shad: Thanks for the pictures…that is a great view from your hotel!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #138  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls,

Busy day yesterday. I went to the shop and had a meeting with the person I am co-chairing (tho I hate to use that phrase) the tag day with. She is really a funny person - I like her style. I spent most of my shift helping the pricing people looking up stuff, making signs and boy did I get an earful from several unhappy campers. Thing is, they expect ME to take their complaints to the people who don't want to hear about this in the first place. I'm just glad I am going to be away for a month. And you know, I agree with everything they are saying, I just have learned you "can't fight city hall" so I just have to turn a blind eye.

I bought some raspberries on Monday to make with my peaches and by Tuesday DH called me at the shop - the darn things were moldy already - and I checked them when I bought them! He came and got the receipt from me and took returned them and got a refund.

I came home and made a recipe with a peach marinade for the pork chops we had. It should have been quite flavorful but was just blah. We had fresh corn on the cob, a green salad and I made a batch of cranberry sauce with a bag of frozen cranberries I processes last fall. The sauce was yummy and smelled so good - all in all, dinner was good but it was one of those that took a few hours to put together. I then searched for some peach recipes as I have to do something with all these peaches (don't tell DH but I should not have bought 2 boxes - one would have done just fine as there are ALOT of peaches in a box. I found a recipe for peach nectar - made that - it's so easy - and DH said it was delicious. Like fresh squeezed orange juice, it uses a lot of fruit so drink up DH

Today I have laundry (I got behind), some emails for the Tag Day event, more peach stuff to make and freeze and I want to go through my freezer and either incorporate some things into meals for the next 2 weeks before I leave or toss it if it's old or sounded like a good idea at the time and now has no appeal.

Susie - I think it was you that talked about the TV show Extreme Weightloss. I started watching it and find it very interesting - nothing like Biggest Loser. It's amazing how people can transform themselves. The only thing that bothers me is they all need skin removal surgery. I'm sure I'd have a poochy belly if I lost a substantial amount of weight and at this point in my life, I'd never be able to afford that. Of course, that's no reason to stay overweight either. Have you figured a way to get more walking into your day so that your Fitbit is happy? I hope that you are still giving yourself the time you deserve each take to take care of Susie first And thank you AD for making your procrastination MY problem -

Terra - your quilt is coming along nicely and looks good. Do you think this is a bigger project than you originally thought? How long does it take to do the 5 mile WATP video?

Hi Annie - I hope things are going well for you. Is Royce growing big? Has Lil Man accepted that he's here to stay?

Hi Ceejay - yes, my glasses got fixed - I went back to the office and the NICE regular person was there. She fixed me up just fine. Vertigo is quiet for the moment as is the root canal. I was just a bit achy this morning because we had the fan blowing on us. Our two days of summer were Monday and Tuesday and up in these parts 89 degrees is melting time. Thanks for asking. That's interesting you are looking up the relatives. With computers now it makes it easier. Also easier if you have a less common family name How is it with your boss friend being gone now? Quiet?

Shad - what a pretty country NZ is! I am glad you are enjoying your trip and keep the pictures coming. I love looking at them. Happy travels and good luck digging up the rellies! No literally of course

Yay for you Michelle on continuing to incorporate a lot of movement and exercise into your life. Very proud of you. Of course it helps when you don't have to work 80 hours a week on the job to keep on top of things. I'm glad to hear that the guided visualization helped with the pain relief. What an interesting concept. I hope they get that MP3 made quickly. Did you see on the news where that guy dug a 10 foot hole in the sand on the beach and it caved in on him? Why would you dig a hole that deep???? That had to be terrifying.

Laura - good luck with the volunteer project - hope it went well and was more fun than your annoying work day yesterday. Thanks for including the picture from the car show - I was looking at a few roadsters from the 40's at our car show and realized being short, I could not have driven those cars - can't see over the hood Where's the beef??? But it's neat to look at those cars - what a labor of love for some of the restoration projects.

On with the day. I am making lists so that I make sure I get everything done that I needed to before I leave. I ordered a cooler bag that came today - it's the kind the flight crews use so I know it's the right dimensions for a carry on. It's quite big - will allow me to bring home DH's Italian sausage and maybe even a bit more Chicago food goodies

Anyway, have a good day all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #139  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello My Darling Sisters....

Didn't get to the movies with lil man until Monday. Things came up and was waiting til the kids had Ainsley so she could go with. He did fantastic at the movies, sat still on momma's lap and watched the entire movie. Baby Royce, of course laid in Nanna's arms sleeping through the entire movie. Ains sat between us enjoying the movie and two boxes of dollar candies I bought to take with us, which would have been 5 bucks each at the movies. Also took bottles of water for all. Not bad...movie and treats for about 20 bucks.

Royce is 4 mos and looks like a 6 month old. He is only 10" shorter than Jacob. R is already on baby cereal and fruits. He is growing like a week and sooooooooooooo long. Jacob is almost too loving to Royce and tends to smother him with hugs and kisses. I do believe he has accepted R and loving him just fine. I will say J has completely come into the terrible twos and directly headed for the tirate threes. So defiant these days. Onery like his momma and Nanna. lol

My days have been filled with running here and there, the big interview with One America is this Friday the 25th. It is a 4 hour interview with 5 people and downtown. Even tho I don't like downtown this job would be more than worth it. The competition is stiff and supposedly there are a ton of candidates. Prayers and crossing of everything please. Wells Fargo has not gotten back with me yet on an in person interview....they will!!

Went to a retirement party last night for an old friend from RCA days. It was great. I got to see several people that I had not seen since I left in 2003. Many were older looking, fat, bald, so I felt just fine. lol.

Not much planned for the weekend. Babysitting on Saturday nite. J is much better and well behaved when momma and dad are not there. Trust me it is not because they do not discipline him. Sam is much like I was when raising my kiddos. Jerk a not in their tail and send them to their room to think about it. J just thinks everything is funny, I believe he will be a comedian, if he makes it past 4. lol.

Cannot remember if I told you all or not that I finally found a church that C and I both like. It is a non=denominational Christian church. My friend, Betty that I have known since 1981, invited us just before Easter and we have been going since. Only have missed two weekends. I really like it as does C.

That is about it for me, rain came in like a lion today and watered everything, will have to cut grass tomorrow. When the maters come ripe, it will be heck to keep up with them, wish you all lived close to take some off my hands.

HAPPY...another on-line friend that I met about 15 years ago and have actually met in person when she and her family were passing through Indy, lives near Rice Lake. She is a bus driver. What a ko winky dink.

SHAD...love the pictures. You sure lead a very interesting travel life.

Hellos to all.

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #140  

Afternoon all. I’m back from my volunteer project and eating the freebie lunch – a Potbelly sandwich. The potato salad is tasty. I had to stop myself from eating the entire container – that would equate to one giant scoop.

Happy – It’ll probably be nice to get a break from the thrift shop/H. Society duties. You’re putting a lot of time into it these days. Bummer about the raspberries going moldy so quickly. I’m sure peach nectar from fresh peaches is delicious. Be sure to let us know what other tasty peach recipes you make to use up all those peaches. Yeh, I love those big cars of the 40’s and 50’s, but I guess when it would come to actually driving one of those behemoths, that would be another matter.

Terra – I had pen pals as a teen – some were cabin mates from summer camp, but one was a girl in England – one of the teen magazines set that up. It was fun.

Susie – Good way to start the day – doing something just for yourself. The fitbit sounds easy enough to use. I’ll think some more about getting one, but right now I’ll just try to get myself back to using my pedometer. I sure would like to think that all the yard work does me physical good – a lot of bending and using muscles even just when I’m pulling weeds, let alone the digging. I’ll have to look up Loveland Castle to see what that’s all about. WTH is the matter with that AD and her last minute visa arrangements??!! I guess when she can foist the inconvenience of last minute arrangements on someone else it’s no big deal. Boo.

Ceejay - I love being outside too. I was glad the volunteer project was rescheduled, and the weather turned out to be perfect today.

Shad – What a wonderful place, so much beauty around you that all you have to look out the window to see it. I hope your genealogical hunts are successful.

Hi Annie, Hi Michelle!!
==
Since there was no movie night last night, bf suggested we go to one by ourselves. We saw “Chef”. It was more than a story about a chef who has a career crisis, it was also about his relationship with his young son. Bf and I both enjoyed it.

The volunteer project this morning was slightly different than the one originally scheduled for early June. The original one was planting trees, this one was mulching them. We spent the morning weeding around trees that had been planted last year, and then spreading mulch around them. While yesterday was really hot and humid, today was cool, sunny, and breezy - perfect. Since it was only a few hours in the morning, I’m glad it was cool and I didn’t get all sweaty – I would NOT have wanted to return to work if that was the case. We were also in a different location than I thought – instead of a nature center on the north side, we were at a large older park a few miles straight west (and slightly south) of downtown (Donna – it was Douglas Park). It’s a nice park with lagoons and paved trails throughout. Not as well-maintained as it could be, but still a nice place to see some green. When we left, there were many groups of daycampers present.

I’m sort of tired right now, and I’m glad I don’t have anything urgent to do at the moment. Nothing planned tonight either.

That’s about it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #141  

Hi Annie - Good to see you here. The movie outing sounds like a big success. Glad to hear the grandbabies are doing well. LOL re J. - terrible two's! Watch out! Best of luck on the marathon interview on Friday. The one who makes it all four hours gets the job?? Or do they get to come back again for a day-long interview?? I'm glad both of you like your new church - good for the soul. I've only got two tomato plants this year - 1 plum, 1 cherry tomato. Lots of tomatoes, but nothing is ripe yet. I'm sure the homeless shelter or a foodbank will take your overflow, Ms. Green Thumb.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a quick one for me. We are having rain that was behind a cold front that came through. I really need to get the plant back up and running but their was thunder a few minutes ago.

Susie
Thanks for the information on the Fit Bit. I will probably get one tomorrow. I'm curious as to how it will motivate me. I was hoping that it would do the calorie count too. Guess you can't have everything.

Annie
Thanks for checking in. Sound like a good time at the movies. I'm sending you good vibes for the long interview.

Happy
Pooh on the raspberries being moldy so soon. They would pair well with the peaches. I don't blame you for not stepping in as the spokes person. They always try to draft the new person.
Loose skin is always a concern of mine if and when I lose this weight.

Laura
Is the volunteer work due to the job or is it something you do for yourself.

Michelle and Terra Hello

I have the plant back in operation once again. This storm has done some minor damage in Paragould. So far nothing that I know of here.
I'm so glad that this is my last day to work this week. I'm thinking very seriously about not going to Paragould this week end. I want to get some more things done.
Oh and J did mention the furniture this week but doesn't have access to his truck so maybe he will come and get it this week end.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #143  

Morning all.

Ceejay - The volunteer work is arranged by my employer. They offer several projects a year. Frequently the projects involve painting in schools, but earlier this year I did a school reading project, and just yesterday the tree mulching. I skipped the painting project - I've done the painting projects many times over the years and decided to focus on something different this time around.

I hope you're enjoying the start of your weekend. Did you decided to stay home all weekend?

Hellos to the rest of you.
--

Another lovely cool day today. My hands are a bit sore from pulling weeds yesterday - holding the tool and getting a good grip on the weeds to get them out by the root.

Today's my WW meeting. I don't think I'll have a loss. Tracking my eating, I know my calories have been too high to expect a loss, and my scale at home also told me that. It would be nice if I didn't show a gain. I'm so sick of going up and down like I have, but I know that my calories have still been too high and my exercise levels too low.

Tonight my basic (motorcycle) rider course begins, with the first session from 6-10 pm. I called to make sure I understood the class location and learned I should get there early because a walk-in could get my place! That's sort of crazy that I registered for this specific class in June and there's the potential to have my place taken if I were to be late. Whatever, I'll definitely get there early. I've already told my boss I need to leave an hour early today. Tonight's session will almost certainly be in the classroom, with Sat./Sun. out on the driving range.

That's about it for me. I'll get back later.

Last edited by Laura705; 07-24-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #144  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

Tuesday night I got hit hard with some kind of stomach bug that kept me up every hour from 11 pm until 4 am. I was still feeling lousy by the time my alarm went off yesterday, so I called in sick to work. I took Santa to day care because I didn't think I'd be able to walk him when he needed to do his business. Then I went home and slept the entire day. All I ate yesterday was a blueberry muffin for breakfast, a 1/2 turkey sandwich for dinner and 7up throughout the day.

Today, I'm at work, but not feeling all that great. My abs and my back hurt bad, and I'm being very careful about what I try and eat.

I got on the scale this morning and I was down 5 lbs, which is good because I thought that my scale might be "stuck" at 235 becuase it hadn't moved for days.

Obviously I didn't get to the gym yesterday and I won't today either. Everything hurts too much. I might do aqua aerobics tomorrow evening if I'm feeling better.

I'll catch up with personals later.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #145  

Michelle - So sorry your not feeling well. I hope you're much better tomorrow. Glad the scale got unstuck!
==

I was up a pound at WW. Sigh. Not undeserved. I will keep plugging.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #146  

Wow, quiet here. Hope everyone is off having a great Friday/Saturday.

I left work about an hour early and went to my basic rider course last night. It was 4 hours of going through questions and finding the answers in the course manual. It was a lot of information, that's for sure. I was glad when 10 pm came around.

We continue the course with full days tomorrow & Sunday, which will be spent almost entirely on the driving range. Should be fun, but we've been warned we'll be exhausted at the end of each day. I'm glad I'm taking Monday off work!

Anyway, I like the instructors, and I feel confident they can drill the correct use of the clutch, gearshift, throttle & brakes into my head over the next two days. But still, wish me luck!

Okay, back to work. TTFN.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #147  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Susie ~ Im glad to know you were so excited to see the picture of my quilt and the progress I have made. Im always looking for more E-Mail Pals, I have 3 snail mail pals right now and Mom says the most I can have cause she doesnt want our address all over the internet and since Im living in her house, I have to go by her rules. Why did you ask? Were you offering to be a E-Mail Pal? Just wondering.

Happy ~ Thanks for commenting on my quilt, Yes its definitely a bigger project then I had thought at first, When my grandma and I made my quilt we had it done in a weekend but I dont think Im gonna be done that fast. I dont have the 5 mile dvd yet so Im not sure how long a 5 mile is but I will let you know as soon as I get it.

Laura ~ Yeah My first penpals in 97/98 were from a teen magazine, It was fun back then and it still is.

CJ ~ H~I~

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and of course I did my normal morning duties and now Im just eating breakfast while reading posts on facebook and posting on 2 other forums, About to start working out after I get done eating breakfast. I dont have any major plans for today just to get my 30 min walk in, I might do two 30 mins walks today, Depending on how Im feeling at 6 pm this evening when I would start working out for the 2nd time today. My mom and I are gonna go on a fast food run for dinner today too, We'll probably have Subway which I guess you could call it Healthy fast-food, Its healthy and its made fast so there you go lol.

Last edited by Terra1984; 07-25-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #148  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I'm still feeling a bit "off" today. I was planning on doing water aerobics tonight, but my tummy isn't too keen on the idea of bouncing/jumping around. Maybe I'll ride the bike. Not sure. Right now, I've got a little bit of a fever so unless that goes away, it will be a relaxing evening for me.

It's supposed to hit the 100 degree mark today, and be hot through the weekend. I have some website work to do and I want to do some sorting/organizing (probably in the early mornings before the heat kicks in).

Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 07-25-2014 at 11:10 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #149  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Got up at 5 this morning so we could go way north and pick some fresh raspberries. They also had a magnificent flower garden at the farm and DH got some amazing flower pictures.

I have to grab something to eat and head off to my shift at the shop so this will be short. Sure do wish I could nap instead of working. It's the weekend of the lumberjack competition so it might be busy in town today.

Catch up later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi every one
I've been preoccupied with doing nothing. Sounds silly,
but I'm tired. Think I'll wait a few minutes to make sure that I don't want to go to Paragould this week end but the trip over there will be worth it just to buy gas. The price here has dropped to 3.29 so it's likely that it will be down over there too.

Michelle
Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

Happy
Can't wait to see the pictures.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote